Nurse available by email
610-840-1500
825 Old Lancaster Rd.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-527-0800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Deanna Brasile to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Main Line Fertility to a friend?
Agreed with her [Dr. Brasile] recommendation on single embryo transfer...is very compassionate and always took the time to make my husband and I feel like we were getting her best care...We have done medical treatment x3 , IUI x3, IVF x2, and FET x5. Throughout our process she has always been honest...We appreciated all she has done for us and couldn't have chosen a better doctor...recommended all freeze so that my body could recover.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Brasile started treating my husband and I over a year ago. We have done medical treatment x3 , IUI x3, IVF x2, and FET x5. Throughout our process she has always been honest but more importantly she was compassionate and kind. Throughout our struggles there have been lots of ups and downs. We appreciated all she has done for us and couldn't have chosen a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
You're in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr Brasile is very compassionate and always took the time to make my husband and I feel like we were getting her best care.
Describe the protocols Deanna Brasile used in your cycles at Main Line Fertility and their degree of success.
1. First cycle I was on clomid. Ovulated 3 eggs. Was told when I was ovulating via ultrasound and bloodwoork. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 2. Second cycle took clomid and letrozole. Ovulated 2 eggs. Negative postcoital test. Did IUI based on ovulation monitored by bloodwork and ultrasound. Took Crinone. Negative pregnancy test. 3. This cycle took clomid and letrozole. Ovulated 1 egg based on blood work and ultrasound monitoring. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 4. Fourth cycle took injections. Clomid, Gonal f, cetrotide, and trigger shot. Ovulated approximately 5 eggs. Did IUI based on ultrasound and blood work. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 5. Took 1 month off 6. This month just took Letrozole in anticipation of possibility of IVF the following month. Monitoring of ultrasound and blood work. Ovulated 1egg. Took Crinone until negative pregnancy test. 7. September 2017 we did IVF. Was on Gonal F, cetrotide, and low dose Hcg. We had 40 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, and 11 made it to blastocyst stage on day 5 for all freeze. Dr Brasile recommended all freeze so that my body could recover. I did not have OHS. 8. October 2017 we did FET. Was started on Estrace 2 mg/three times per day and baby aspirin. Monitored via ultrasound & bloodwork. When lining was greater than 8cm - FET was scheduled. 5 days before transfer I was placed on medrol dose pack, PIO shots, Crinone, estrace, and baby asprin. Transferred 1 blastocyst and went on 24 hour bed rest. After transfer continued on medications until negative pregnancy test. 9. November 2017 same protocol. Only change was 1 10 mg Valium prior to FET. December got BFP after 2 week wait. Continued on PIO and Crinone. Ultrasound and bloodwork weekly. At week 7 no heartbeat. Diagnosed blighted ovum. 10. Did rush PGS testing in March prior to our 3rd transfer. Transferred on PGS normal embryo with same med protocol as our prior FET. BFN after 2 week wait. No remaining embryos from 1st retrieval. 11. In June did a second IVF retrieval. Was on Gonal F, cetrotide, and low dose Hcg. Retrieved 22 eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 ended up making it to blast stage and being frozen after PGS biopsy done. PGS testing revealed 2 normal, 2 abnormal. 12. In July we did FET. Was started on Estrace 2 mg/three times per day and baby aspirin. Monitored via ultrasound & bloodwork. When lining was greater than 8cm - FET was scheduled. 5 days before transfer I was placed on medrol dose pack, PIO shots, Crinone, estrace, and baby asprin. Transferred 1 blastocyst and went on 24 hour bed rest. Added Lovenox to medication regimen every night. Continued on medications until negative pregnancy test. 13. Did an ERA cycle based on Dr. Brasile's recommendations that revealed that I was 24 hours pre-receptive. 14. In September we did the same preparation for a FET. The only change was I took 24 hours more medication prior to transfer to correct for my ERA. Took Lovenox after transfer every evening until negative pregnancy test.
IVF nursing staff in Bryn Mawr is amazing! I can say enough about how great they are. Nurses at Paoli and West Chester are also wonderful. One of our nurses was an angel throughout our journey. Very grateful for all these women.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Strengths -convenient locations in the PHL area -90% of nurses and ultrasound techs are wonderful and make your experience so much better -very clean environment Weakness - they do not offer a bundle for IVF payment and after multiple rounds it is VERY expensive
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .
Various costs associated with meds ranging from $15-$2,000 per cycle. IVF $8,200 plus the cost of medications. FET $3500 plus the cost of medications. PGS testing approximately $3500.
Describe Deanna Brasile's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Main Line Fertility .
Agreed with her recommendation on single embryo transfer.
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility .

How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr.Brasile has been wonderful. I find her to be a healthy balance of both compassion and matter-of-fact. She's obviously very confident in her position and knows what she's doing, so she can come across as hurried, but she always takes the time to answer all of my questions and make sure I know what to expect next. And when I freaked out to the point of tears and passing out from working myself up over my first hysteroscopy, she was so kind and comforting. Didn't make me feel like the mess I was, which I totally appreciated. When I came out of my first egg retrieval with only one healthy embryo, she adjusted the plan and our course of action. She recommended another round of stims and retrieval, but left it completely up to us, no pressure. We agreed, upped my meds and went at it again. We're currently waiting for our embryo transfer. All of that said, it wouldn’t be fair to leave out that I was beyond devastated when she accidentally told me the sex of the embryo.....I believe accidents happen and I don’t know who is to blame for the slip. It doesn’t really matter. Just a part of our story now.
Ask a lot of questions. If you don’t ask, she doesn’t know you’re not clear on the process or terms and she’ll keep moving. And don’t expect her to be at all, or even most, appointments.
During the process, I saw Dr. Brasile for my consultations, hysteroscopies, and egg retrievals. Just the major stuff. For all of my other (MANY) appointments I only saw the monitoring/care team, which I assume is the norm. Most of the time I've had no idea who I'd be seeing, but I've loved every one of the girls more than the last, so it hasn't been a problem. Just kind of feels like a "take a number" situation in the waiting room.
For me, it was pretty basic protocol. We’re there because my husbands vasectomy reversal was not successful. Luckily, my fertility is only limited as much as any other 38 year old woman’s, no specific issues. So I started with menopur and gonal f in the morning and at night. A few days later we added cetrotide, and then lupron and trigger shot 48 hours before retrieval. I got 8 eggs with 5 fertilized that round. Only 1made it to blastocyte stage. Dr. Brasile recommended another round to get more eggs and have better odds, which we agreed with. She upped my doses and we got 15 eggs that round, with 2 embryos making it to blast. We opted for genetic screening, sending all 3 embryos from both rounds, and ended up with one healthy embryo waiting for transfer.
The nursing staff is the best! They are friendly, kind, compassionate, hopeful, positive people! There were multiple times I went in for an appointment and was just sad or not 100%, but the ladies always made me feel better, mostly just by being the smiley bubbly wonderful humans they are. The check out lady..not so much.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The strengths are in the Dr.s and the monitoring team. I love them! Really love them! I somehow leave every blood and ultrasound appointment hopeful and smiling. However, the downside is as bad as the upside is good. Billing is a nightmare. To the point that they’ve stressed me out so bad with incorrect (and surprise) bills, to the tune of $18,000, that I’m considering delaying my embryo transfer. The stress is just not healthy and could diminish my odds. All of the humanity and care is gone once money is involved. This goes for the checkout woman, cold, rude, and quick to dismiss you, right up to the billing department. Somehow after every encounter with them, they make us feel like we’re the very first people to go through IVF and the insurance process with them. It is awful! The same conversations over and over again, using cash we gave them for one thing to pay for things they were supposed to submit to insurance, and just plain impossible to deal with. The process of IVF is hard..the hardest, most emotionally and financially stressful thing most people ever have to go through..this is lost on anyone at mainline who deals with money. I will say that at the beginning of this process, i was terrified, scared to death..of needles, hormones, surgeries, all of it. I got through that part, proved my strength to myself and got past it. The billing process and people were the only thing that has sparked the slightest thought of quitting. I cried more because of their stress than any part of the actual medical process. So unless you are paying cash, or have hours upon hours upon hours to spend going between insurance companies and the mainline billing department...well, just be sure to check our more than one place’s reviews. The good and the bad. The billing department is the reason I’m looking into another clinic in NY for any future treatment if needed.
I’m not sure..billing is a mess. If we consider what we’ve paid out of pocket, what insurance has paid, and what our latest bill says we owe, we’re well over double the original estimate.
We haven’t transferred yet, and we only have 1 embryo to work with, but given a choice I would have liked to implant 2. I asked about that early on, before I knew my numbers, and was told multiple times that they would only do 1 at a time. Had I ended up with more than 1, I would have fought them on this.
Bryn Mawr

Dr. Brasile created my IVF protocol with all of my test results in mind. Sometimes, clinics just have a standard protocol that is used for everyone, but she made sure to customize the protocol based on my body's response to previous cycles and tests. She is always positive and makes you feel so hopeful, but is also straightforward with facts and explanations.... First round of IVF- antagonist protocol. I ended up ovulating an hour before my retrieval and Dr. Brasile was only able to retrieve one mature egg. Since my body ovulated even with the use of cetrotide, we used Lupron for the next cycle.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want to make sure you understand what your treatment plan is and you feel comfortable and confident that you're receiving the best care possible for you and your partner.
Always made sure all of your questions were answered before leaving the room and made sure you understood the processes and procedures.
First round of IVF- antagonist protocol. I ended up ovulating an hour before my retrieval and Dr. Brasile was only able to retrieve one mature egg. Since my body ovulated even with the use of cetrotide, we used Lupron for the next cycle. The egg from this round became a day 6 embryo and was frozen for PGS testing. Second round of IVF- Flare protocol. This resulted in 10 mature eggs. Of the 10, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 embryos. The embryo from the first round plus three from the second were sent for PGS testing and one was transferred on day 5. All four that were sent for testing came back abnormal. The one that was transferred resulted in a pregnancy. I'm currently 8 months pregnant with a baby boy!
Compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
The doctors are all extremely well educated, knowledgeable, and communicate well when you meet with them. Sometimes the clinic felt very crowded and impersonal, but the staff is so friendly and tries to make your experience the best possible.
IUI procedure- out of pocket cost = ~$600 IVF- my insurance covers up to 4 egg retrievals as long as you have no embryos already frozen. I think the out of pocket cost for an IVF cycle is ~$25,000, but many clinical trial opportunities are offered and can help pay for treatment if you qualify.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Brasile] is a very “no nonsense”? Get straight down to business personality. I believe she is very knowledgeable, but she never asked me how many children we would like to have. We just went straight to IUI, the 1st try failed and I am in the TWW for my 2nd IUI now.... She’s not the right doctor for a timid patient. She will not ask you if you have questions. I suppose she just assumes you already know what she’s talking about.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
She is a very “no nonsense”? Get straight down to business personality. I believe she is very knowledgeable, but she never asked me how many children we would like to have. We just went straight to IUI, the 1st try failed and I am in the TWW for my 2nd IUI now.
The office always feels like a revolving door no matter which location I go to. They barely have enough seats in the waiting room. I never really feel like I can spend any time asking questions.
100 mg Clomid for 5 days for my 1st IUI cycle with monitoring and timed IUI. I have no idea why she chose this course. 2nd IUI I did 150 mg Clomid for 2 or 3 days then 100 mg for the remaining days (5 days of Clomid total) with a trigger shot (7500 Novarel) for IUI because my fiancé went out of town. Booster of 2500 Novarel a week after initial shot to potential improve success. I am in the TWW now.
The staff is very kind and warm but they almost never know why I am in that day. I came in with sperm for my first IUI and the nurse thought I was there for more monitoring.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They have a lot of locations which can make things a bit more convenient but the hours are not the best. They don’t open until 8am even for bloodwork. I am always late for work after an appointment. It feels like a revolving door at times.
My iuis have been covered by insurance so I’ve only had to pay for meds so far. I purchased the trigger shot Novarel for $140 at my clinic. I also have to pay $40 copay every time I walk in the door, even for bloodwork.
We have not done ivf at this time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. B [Brasile] is very warm and kind. She has a great “bedside manner”. The office is very busy sometimes and at some apts things did feel rushed.... I came to Dr.B after a second early miscarriage (around 4-5 weeks), at the time I had been ttc for ) months. I have a 4 year old son, who I had no issues conceiving. I had presumed low progesterone, so I did 2 cycles of natural ovulation with progesterone supplements. No pregnancy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr.B is friendly and kind. She’s warm and funny. My only concern has been that wait times can be long, the clinic can be very busy and she can seem rushed. This sometimes makes me feel pushed along, and often think of questions after the fact.
Think of questions ahead of time and be ready to ask away. Bring a good book, wait times can be long.
Dr. B is very warm and kind. She has a great “bedside manner”. The office is very busy sometimes and at some apts things did feel rushed.
I came to Dr.B after a second early miscarriage (around 4-5 weeks), at the time I had been ttc for ) months. I have a 4 year old son, who I had no issues conceiving. I had presumed low progesterone, so I did 2 cycles of natural ovulation with progesterone supplements. No pregnancy. Then we tried 3 cycles of high dose letrozole to try to make me superovulate. I responded well (1-2 follicles) but All negative. Then 3 cycles of clomid and letrozole and still no pregnancy. Then I was told the next step would be injectables or ivf. I took the summer off. Still not pregnant and I am now back getting worked up for an ivf trial. While getting worked up I am trying another clomid/ letrozole cycle
They are very nice and personable. They really know their stuff. But again, sometimes apts feel rushed since there are so many patients to see
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility has several locations but not all are open each day of the week. This means some apts on some days I have to travel over an hour to an open clinic. Wait times can be long, the office is usually busy and things can feel rushed.
Each visit has a $50 co/pay. Special procedures- tube flushing- have additional costs. Labs were expensive. Meds can be expensive. But this is not due to MLF, it’s due to my insurance

2 IUI, IVF
I am a person who needs a plan. Dr Brasile met with me after each visit to discuss the plan for the next few weeks. After my first IUI, we made a plan for the next 2 months - just in case it didn't work. I felt very comfortable knowing that we had backup plans in place and I knew what would be next. She is organized, respectful, and very good communicator.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
To ask questions. I think you need to ask all your doctors questions in this type of process. There are so many unknowns that it is helpful to get the answers from the expert and not a blog.
I originally went to a different clinic for my first 2 months of treatment but I was concerned that they weren't monitoring me very closely. I contacted Dr. Brasile for a second opinion. She met with me for over 45 minutes discussing my test results and initial treatment protocols. After several of her questions, I discovered my first clinic wasn't doing all of the 'checks'. It was very helpful that she took the time to get to know me, find out how aggressive we wanted to be about treatment, and clearly outlined next steps.
Unfortunately, our first clinic misdiagnosed my husband's sperm results. We did 2 IUIs with negative results. After the 2nd IUI, Dr Brasile ordered a re-testing of his results because I had had a lot of concerns about my first clinic. Turns out, I was right! The first clinic didn't tell us that his sperm results weren't fully normal. Based on the new results, Dr Brasile immediately changed treatment to IVF.
The nursing staff is always very friendly and willing to answer questions. They return voicemails promptly and always call by the afternoon with the results.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
This clinic is extremely busy. They typically run on time but can get backed up by 15-20 minutes early in the morning. Overall, I don't have to wait long but it can be frustrating to see so many women booked at the same time.
They seemed very reasonably priced. It certainly depends on your insurance coverage but they were 1/10 the cost of UPenn Fertility for IUI.
Bryn Mawr

I am healthy and ovulate on my own, so we went right to Clomid and Letrizole to increase my follicle production each month (4 months). However, she [Dr. Brasile] would only guess as to when we should have sex. I was never given injections to initiate ovulation...The doctor never explained that endometriosis could affect fertility in various ways, even if my tubes are open. She didn’t make the correlation between my low AMH and high FSH. She guessed each month as to when I might ovulate, rather than suggesting injections to know exactly when I would ovulate and should have intercourse. I feel like I wasted a year of trying to conceive.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
We felt very confident with her at first, but after time I felt like just a number. I saw her less and less. I felt like I wasn’t given much attention because I wasn’t at a point to pay for IVF yet. Neither Dr. Brazile not anyone from the practice followed up with me after I underwent IUI.
I would suggest seeking a second opinion if you feel something isn’t right. After just one consultation with a second doctor, we figured out two major things that Dr. Brasile failed to do.
They barely remembered me each visit even though I saw them multiple times per week for 5 months. The doctor would only guess when we should have timed intercourse and the nurse mixed up my file with another woman. My doctor was not in the office when I did IUI and nobody ever followed up with me afterward. I decided to see a different doctor after that.
I am healthy and ovulate on my own, so we went right to Clomid and Letrizole to increase my follicle production each month (4 months). However, she would only guess as to when we should have sex. I was never given injections to initiate ovulation.
The nurses and ultrasound tech were always very nice.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
They are always very busy. Wait times can be long, even early in the morning. The nurses are very nice but don’t expect to see your doctor after every visit. Even when you need to discuss a plan for the following month.
My insurance covered everything but IUI, IVF, and genetic testing. It was just a specialist co-pay.
Paoli

Dr. Brasille is a very knowledgeable doctor. I was taken care of very well under her care. She’s friendly, outgoing and very personable. I love that in a doctor. The only concern I had with her had to do with my retroverted uterus. And sometimes after my IUI’s I was in pain.... For each IUI we did a combination of clomid and/or letrozole. She referred my husband to a urologist to work on sperm counts. Unfortunately, none of those IUI’s resulted in pregnancy.
How was your experience with Deanna Brasile at Main Line Fertility ?
Dr. Brasille is a very knowledgeable doctor. I was taken care of very well under her care. She’s friendly, outgoing and very personable. I love that in a doctor. The only concern I had with her had to do with my retroverted uterus. And sometimes after my IUI’s I was in pain. She is a fully competent doctor and I have no doubts in her ability to create a healthy baby for couples!
Make sure to get your questions in. Dr. Brasille is super friendly and sometimes you get talking so much and I would forget to ask what I needed to ask.
Dr. Brasille is so confident and kind. She is friendly and always remembers me. Even though I switched to another doctor, she still remembers me and is excited for me. I talk to her when I run into her at the clinic and I always greeted with a hug.
With Dr. Brasille I did 9 IUI’s. We were saving for IVF and she was patient with us trying IUI so many times. For each IUI we did a combination of clomid and/or letrozole. She referred my husband to a urologist to work on sperm counts. Unfortunately, none of those IUI’s resulted in pregnancy.
The nurses under Dr. Brasille are so friendly, knowledgeable and understanding.
Describe your experience with Main Line Fertility .
Main Line Fertility West Cheater is a smaller clinic than their main office in Bryn Mawr, however, the treatment is still excellent. The staff is caring, gets back to me in a omelet manner and truly knows me.
IUI’s - covered by insurance Medication - only covered Co-pays for IUI medication.
No transfers done with Dr. Brasille