Medical SchoolNYU
100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
(973) 322–8289
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Debbra A. Keegan to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas to a friend?
Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart.... She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful.
How was your experience with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart. With her by our side, we have not lost hope in having a family and believe it will happen soon for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Just because IRMS is not RMA, CCRM, Cornell, etc. does not mean Dr. Keegan isn't one of the best in her field. Go to her, she listens and wants to truly help. IRMS East Windsor isn't a mill, you will be taken seriously and treated well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Keegan is a god send. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful. The staff at East Windsor is also amazing. They take care of you and try provide any help you may need along the way.
Describe the protocols Debbra A. Keegan used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
1. Antagonist: only 4 eggs, 1 embryo and it tested PGS abnormal. Determined I was a poor responder. 2. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 10 eggs, 3 embryos for PGS testing: 2 abnormal 1 mosaic. Better response. 3. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 8 eggs, 2 embryos for PGS testing, both abnormal. Suspect egg quality as I am 37. 4. About to start an estrogen priming protocol followed with microdose lupron flare with HGH. Estrogen and HGH to help with egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Malinconico)
Jenn Maliconico is compassionate and a great communicator. She has helped me understand all my test results, the cycle calendar (each time), has been an ear for all my concerns and doubts and each time offered condolences each time the cycle hasn't worked. Jenn has found donated medicine for me as paying OOP is a MAJOR concern. I am so grateful that she is my nurse coordinator. Kelly, the clinical assistant, always greets me with a smile and puts me in a good mood. Sara, the ultrasound tech, is always pleasure as well. Gentle, quick and down to earth. Great group of people to see when going through the IVF rollercoaster.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
IRMS East Windsor responds very quickly to any questions - whether via email or phone. Also, the staff if very willing to help with the documentation (Jenn M) and finances (Susan). I don't ever feel rushed out of there even though the office is very busy. Margo at the front desk has a wonderful demeanor sets the mood in the waiting room. The clinic is very sensitive to the patient needs and emotions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Bloodwork and Ultrasounds are done between 6-8am, first come first serve. Very quick and everyone is pleasant in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Monitoring was billed to insurance, drugs from Schrafts are OOP between 3500-7000 each cycle, cycle costs range from 4500-12000 OOP, egg retrieval 1000 each time to the Surgical Center, CooperGenomics ~$350 per embryo tested, embryo transfer 1000.
Describe Debbra A. Keegan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Dr. Keegan is all about single embryo transfer. If we ever get that far, I will ask for multiple transfer as I am concerned about keeping embryos on ice for years and having issues later with implantation should I be 40+.
East Windsor
When I first came to Dr. Keegan I was very nervous, as well as emotional, and she put me at ease instantly. She made me laugh when I was ready to cry, and when she couldn't make me smile she let me cry on her shoulder. I broke down more than once in her office, and she never made me feel silly or out of line. She's wonderful...When talking to Dr. Keegan, she focuses on you 100%. Constant eye contact, watches out for signs that you're not comprehending or getting overwhelmed, and makes you feel certain that her diagnosis and suggested treatment plan are unique to you and your partner. She's both smart about her field, and a genuinely warm-hearted person who is invested in her patient's success and well-being...
If you're looking for a smart, savvy doctor who is kind but tells it like it is and doesn't make you wonder if she's telling you the whole truth, Dr. Keegan is right for you.
For my first child we did several failed rounds of just clomid, then ultimately two clomid+IUI cycles with the second being successful. By the end I was up to the maximum dosage of clomid allowed. With my second we did 1 clomid+IUI round, and 2 clomid-only rounds (again, all 3 at the highest dosage of clomid allowed, since we knew that's what it took for my first child).
The entire staff of nurses and even administrative assistant are all fantastic. They're kind, polite, timely, and supportive.
Clean, friendly atmosphere with free coffee and water while you wait.
I have a lifetime $10,000 fertility treatment budget under my Cigna Open Access Plus insurance (with an HRA), and so I never paid anything out of pocket for my treatment.
2013 - 2017
She [Dr. Keegan] is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments...Dr Keegan did all of the required testing of myself and my husband before any treatment was started. She then gave us a diagnosis with a positive outlook and started with the least invasive procedure first.
2013 - 2017
Awesome! She is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments.
Ask questions she will give you her expert opinion. Make sure to explain your goals and needs
Easy to talk to, helpful and informative always made contacting her easy and spoke to us in a way that made us feel better about the situation and that she could help us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer malliciano )
Awesome!! Great staff, easy to get ahold of very organized and compassionate
The strengths are the ease of the process. There are early morning monitoring hours which work with an early work schedule. The staff is friendly and never makes you feel silly for calling with any sort of questions. Infertility is a stressful difficult thing to go through and having a sensitive compassionate team on your side is very important and this office is definitely both of those things. I highly recommend!
Easy and convenient. Relax atmosphere and great us techs and blood work team who were skilled at the job
Some was covered by insurance
I had asked for two embryos to be transferred and dr Keegan advised me against it to avoid a high risk pregnancy
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Very good doctor [Dr. Keegan], decided to "start over with our journey as requested. Didnt try to go right for IVF like other Dr. did. Warm and Friendly personality while being blunt and to the point....She know hes [husband] uninsured. So she set it up where his Sperm Count was free, even the second time at a diffrent office. Also set up where he got a huge discount on Blood work....I dont think this office [IRMS] has any real weakness.
Black or African-American, Native American
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My husband is a DJ who has not been booking very good gigs lately, She know hes uninsured. So she set it up where his Sperm Count was free, even the second time at a diffrent office. Also set up where he got a huge discount on Blood work.
Just be honest about where you are in life.
Very good doctor, decided to "start over with our journey as requested. Didnt try to go right for IVF like other Dr. did. Warm and Friendly personality while being blunt and to the point.
Vert friendly and dedicated to helping any way they can.
I dont think this office has any real weakness. only issue my husband had is the room for sperm collection. He wishs they would have sent him straight to the testing lab to give a sample there. He think them having to driving it from cental NJ to North Jersey may have had a impact on his results
250 inital consult. still going through testing so dont have final amount
Endometriosis, Male Factor
My experience of infertility was emotional and over whelming but with the help of Dr. Keegan and her team; they made the experience successful and amazing. Dr. Keegan and her staff are so patient, knowledgeable, caring, warm and supportive... I would highly recommend Dr. Keegan to everyone and anyone who needs help to complete their family...She is amazing very direct, down to earth and knowledgeable.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
We are extremely grateful and excited with the outcome of all we’ve been through and are proudly to say that we are expecting. I would highly recommend Dr. Keegan to everyone and anyone who needs help to complete their family.
She is amazing very direct, down to earth and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer M.)
Always, organized, knowledgeable, patient, caring, warm.
Warm
Monitoring appointments daily from 6:30am to 8am.
I was very fortunate my insurance covered most of the cost. I was responsible for my insurance co-pays and the embryos storage fees yearly.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during any consults, appointments and procedures. She was upfront with details and answered every question I had with an accurate answer that was not sugar coated (which I appreciated). Her enthusiasm is unmatched when compared to other MD's I have seen in different specialties...
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Write down questions you have ahead of time that you want to be sure are answered.
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during all consults, phone calls and procedures. When communicating with my nurse, I felt more like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn M)
My nurse was very sweet and compassionate, just was unorganized at times during phone calls. She was also very quick during many phone calls which made me feel like a number
The lab techs and administrative staff were all very friendly and empathetic towards all patients. They seemed to have good repoir with all patients
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Clark