5.5

Foster City, CA 94404
15066 Los Gatos Almaden Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
When ever we talked to doctor [Wachs], she was empathizing with us and answering all questions no matter what the question is...She was diagnosed my stump pregnancy soon and also did laparoscopy procedure to make sure I will not have that again. However, I had 2 negative pregnancies for the remaining transfers for which explanation was not clear. She did not do anything wrong, but our case was little complicated and may be more attention was required
Strength [of Reproductive Science Center] is strong protocol and well defined procedures for general population, but that may not work for minority who have special case this is a weakness IMO. They have a good portal were all the information was available in one place and we could communicate and look back for any information...14,100 for the cycle and 4500 for each FET
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
She is overall a good doctor IMO but follow playbook described the center. She was diagnosed my stump pregnancy soon and also did laparoscopy procedure to make sure I will not have that again. However, I had 2 negative pregnancies for the remaining transfers for which explanation was not clear. She did not do anything wrong, but our case was little complicated and may be more attention was required. But, we mostly blame it on our fate for this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Do your research and get all possible information for tests that have to be performed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
When ever we talked to doctor, she was empathizing with us and answering all questions no matter what the question is.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strength is strong protocol and well defined procedures for general population, but that may not work for minority who have special case this is a weakness IMO. They have a good portal were all the information was available in one place and we could communicate and look back for any information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center.
14,100 for the cycle and 4500 for each FET
Los Gatos

My experience with Dr. Wachs has been good so far. Like I said before, she's a straight shooter and will be there if you need her. I have had only 1 IVF cycle and though she didn't perform the retrieval I understand these clinics "share" patients. I am still hopeful IVF with RSC will work for me...I used BCP, Gonal, Menopur and Cetrotide for first IVF cycle. No eggs passed PGS. This time I used BCP again but Dr. Wachs changed the allocation of Gonal and Menopur, and added Omnitrope. Hopefully this will be the one that works!
Strengths [of Reproductive Science Center] are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that...The case manager and nurses are great. Very good communicators, excellent at providing info, polite and will definitely reply asap. I don't always communicate with the same person each time, but it looks like they are organized but I am getting things done and that's all I really need in the end.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Be patient and don't expect to be coddled, she will give it to you straight. She's not cold or has a poor bedside manner but she is a person and I can tell she does want to help!
I felt human bc I did meet with the Doctor when it mattered most. Only doctors performed my IUI, egg retrievals and consultations. I understand my doctor does not need to be available to me 24/7 and I certainly don't need her to be measuring my follicles. She called me at the appropriate times and when I needed to get in contact with her, she was available. I also don't need to be coddled during this process, I just need the doctor to know what she's doing and just give it to me straight so I can move forward or move on. I think Dr. Wachs is a straight shooter and for those who need a more delicate touch, I think Dr. Wachs could be more personable but in the end, results are what matter.
Describe the protocols Deborah Wachs used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Carla Roa)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff, the weakness might be that they don't use the latest technology but not entirely sure about that.
I have help with insurance so it wasn't too bad. They paid about 50% of treatment and part of the medications.
Describe Deborah Wachs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
No comments bc I'm doing PGS.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I thought I said nothing went wrong w this clinic? However I think maybe once during an IUI cycle there was a mix up with the case managers about when to take a medication or something, it wasn't a big deal and was resolved very quickly. Since then nothing has gone wrong, I don't even remember exactly what went wrong so it wasn't a big deal.
Los Gatos

As a patient of Deborah Wachs, I feel we came to a better understanding of each other after the devastation of not having any embryos to transfer after gone through the first cycle. The only part I was a little frustrated with was that the multi cycle plan was not given to me as an option in the initial consultation, however I also understand that with my age and my blood work, I was considered a slam dunk to walk out with a baby through IVF. I think Dr. Wachs is a great Dr. and she is doing the best she can with the information she has.
My case manager was Judi Machella and she is amazing. Very efficient and very communicative. She always was there for me when I needed her and also was able to give me the information I needed whether it was emotional support or medical advise. She was so great and I would definitely recommend her as a case manager!!!...The clinics strengths is that they have really great nurses, ultrasound technicians, front desk admin help and overall good communication. Weaknesses were more in the procedure part during the egg retrieval. I felt rushed to get out of there and there could of been a little bit more compassion for what these women are going through. I understand they see so many patients a day but also it is very taxing for the patient and emotionally draining.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Make sure you ask every question you can think of even if it sounds silly.
With Dr. Wachs I felt like a human. After discovering the unfortunate events of no embryos to transfer, Dr. Wachs and I had a conversation and she really shared with me a professional medical side and also a compassionate side as though she was a friend at the same time. It was nice and I felt comfortable with the the fact that she was knowledgable medically about what had happened but also felt my pain and was able to emphasize with me as well.
I was on menepur and folistim for the first 4 days or so and then ganerelix for the next 4 days. These are all injectables (excuse me for the spelling of them, they may not be correct) The menepur and folistim was a shot of each every night and then a shot of the ganerelix making it a total of 3 shots a night for approx 8-10 days. It was uncomfortable starting after day 4. The egg retrieval was very painful for me a few days after. Some people are fine but I experienced major discomfort and had to take it easy for a couple weeks afterward. I did have good results with the medication and responded well. My overall egg quality could be better so for the next cycle, the Dr. wants to put me on a growth hormone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Judi )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
$14,000 for the IVF cycle, $2500 for PGS testing, $3710 for transfer, $4000 for medication
My Dr. strongly recommended only doing a single embryo transfer because I am still young and will be able to have multiple children. She also did give me the risks for multiple embryo transfer and advised against it for the first cycle.
2015, Unknown Success
Great clinic [Reproductive Science Center] that helped me to achieve my results after 3 years of trying at another clinic. She [Dr. Deborah Wachs] laid out the options and the methods used. I did start with her but worked with many of her associates since my timing and hers didn't match my cycle...I had and egg and sperm donor. They have a in house egg donor program that was nice. I went through one cycle and it was successful.
How was your experience with Deborah Wachs at Reproductive Science Center?
Great clinic that helped me to achieve my results after 3 years of trying at another clinic. She laid out the options and the methods used. I did start with her but worked with many of her associates since my timing and hers didn't match my cycle
Do your research but know that you are at the best place
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Science Center.
Great help and kept in touch with me better than my last clinic
San Ramon