7.2

Debra Minjarez works at

80 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr.Minjarez always communicates clearly and directly. She would send me current research on my condition and explain why she recommended particular tests....My one complaint is that because she is so direct, it sometimes feels like she is not the most empathetic with my feelings/journey. With that being said, my partner loves that she is very direct. I also had some issues with seeing different doctors (she is based in Oakland and I live in SF so elected to see some of the Drs in the SF office for routine sonograms). Due to some communication issues, I elected not to do that for this most recent transfer cycle and have been happy with Dr.Minjarez being my only provider.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Minjarez always communicates clearly and directly. She would send me current research on my condition and explain why she recommended particular tests. My case has been complicated, due to multiple miscarriages and a few set backs along the way. She has handled everything in stride and is confident in her decisions when it has been necessary to change the course of treatment. My one complaint is that because she is so direct, it sometimes feels like she is not the most empathetic with my feelings/journey. With that being said, my partner loves that she is very direct. I also had some issues with seeing different doctors (she is based in Oakland and I live in SF so elected to see some of the Drs in the SF office for routine sonograms). Due to some communication issues, I elected not to do that for this most recent transfer cycle and have been happy with Dr.Minjarez being my only provider.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
She is brilliant and knows about all of the recent research. She is very direct and will not tell you something that she does not fully mean/believe. Because she is so direct, if you want someone who is more empathetic, it might not be the best fit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr.Minjarez has taken the time to call me after hours to talk about next steps. For example, after I had an early loss with my first transfer, she called me to talk about what we could do to move forward. She also took time to get to know me and my partner.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
For my most recent FET, I did 2.5 months of Lupron following a diagnosis of diffused adenomyosis. I then did a controlled cycle using estrogen patches and progesterone in oil injections. After my first transfer ended in an early loss, she had me tested for endometritis using a CD138 stain. (It was negative)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
The nursing staff at Spring has been so helpful and caring. My care coordinator is responsive to my questions via call and email. I have also had a great experience anytime I have had to call in on the weekend for urgent requests (one time I was traveling and did not have the right medications and they immediately helped me find a local pharmacy that had the medication I needed).
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is very clean and has state of the art equipment. There are 4 full time doctors, which is on the smaller side compared to some other clinics we considered. My complaint is that it seems like the doctors do not have the best communication procedures in place. I had a cancelled FET cycle and had seen 2 separate doctors and a nurse practitioner and it did not seem like there was clear communication. Once I decided to only go to Oakland to see my Dr. this was not an issue, but something to consider if you are planning on seeing doctors at a different location than your primary Dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
There was a window of time for monitoring appointments but I never had to wait for more than 10 mins and they were almost always right on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.
I think Egg Retrieval and PGS testing was around $25,000. Each FET has been between $3000-5500
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
We were not given the option for multiple embryo transfer. I am not sure if this is standard procedure for my clinic or if it is because of my uterine issues.
San Francisco
Appointments [with Dr. Minjarez] can be brief, but her team is always very responsive via email if things come up afterward...caring and kind. Even during short visits, I feel like Dr. Minjarez is very present and attentive to me and my partner...took time to thoroughly explain different parts of the process and answer any of our questions. We've had some delays getting started, and she's been helpful and responsive. She does a good job of balancing clear, direct communication with kindness and the feeling like she's rooting for us.
she [nurse at Spring Fertility] taught an injectable medications class that was very helpful. Our patient navigator and the team have been very helpful, promptly answering all of our questions and providing clear, detailed instructions...saline sonogram: $950...ovarian stimulation and monitoring, retrieval of oocytes, embryology lab services (including ICSI, PGS/PGD): $18,375...This facility transfers only one embryo at a time...when vetting labs we asked for Spring's stats, measuring against Fertility IQ's standards for lab quality, and they passed with flying colors.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez took time to thoroughly explain different parts of the process and answer any of our questions. We've had some delays getting started, and she's been helpful and responsive. She does a good job of balancing clear, direct communication with kindness and the feeling like she's rooting for us.
Make sure you think through your questions ahead of time -- it really benefit us to have done our research so we could make the most of our time with Dr. Minjarez. Appointments can be brief, but her team is always very responsive via email if things come up afterward.
Dr. Minjarez and her staff are caring and kind. Even during short visits, I feel like Dr. Minjarez is very present and attentive to me and my partner.
We haven't started stimulation yet, because my follicles weren't ready. But the plan is to stimulate with FSH and Menopur.
We haven't worked a lot with our nurse yet -- she taught an injectable medications class that was very helpful. Our patient navigator and the team have been very helpful, promptly answering all of our questions and providing clear, detailed instructions.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It's hard to say right now because we're at the very beginning of the process, but when vetting labs we asked for Spring's stats, measuring against Fertility IQ's standards for lab quality, and they passed with flying colors.
saline sonogram: $950 ovarian stimulation and monitoring, retrieval of oocytes, embryology lab services (including ICSI, PGS/PGD): $18,375 medication package: $4,400 future frozen embryo transfer (monitoring + thawing, transfer): $5,250 embryo cryopreservation after 6 months: $650
This facility transfers only one embryo at a time.
San Francisco
Dr. Minjarez has a strong preference on eSET, due to all of the risks for mom and babies if there are multiples...reviewed my specific health history with me, and then went over the potential problems, how to resolve those, and how to move forward. It was very personalized to my specific fertility challenges...clearly cares about her patients. She takes the time to hear about your fertility journey in your own words, but has also clearly taken the time to review the information you provide in your intake forms. I think she takes all steps necessary to achieve pregnancy.
I have visited the Oakland and San Francisco clinics [of Spring Fertility]. They are both great. Easy to get to & park near. Inviting, clean environment that always smells good. Friendly staff. Rarely a wait time beyond your scheduled appointment...I had a saline sonogram to look for scarring in the uterus. Then had a hysteroscopy to remove the scarring...The communication preference seems to be email, which is fine but if there is a back and forth going, sometimes a phone call makes more sense.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez clearly cares about her patients. She takes the time to hear about your fertility journey in your own words, but has also clearly taken the time to review the information you provide in your intake forms. I think she takes all steps necessary to achieve pregnancy.
Ask questions. And ask what she would ask if she were in your shoes. Know that the fertility journey is not linear.
Dr. Minjarez reviewed my specific health history with me, and then went over the potential problems, how to resolve those, and how to move forward. It was very personalized to my specific fertility challenges.
I had a saline sonogram to look for scarring in the uterus. Then had a hysteroscopy to remove the scarring. And now am on estrogen, and then will the provera toward the end of the estrogen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
The communication preference seems to be email, which is fine but if there is a back and forth going, sometimes a phone call makes more sense. They are prompt with responses, but I did have to sometimes dig for information or ask questions about things that I thought should have been readily available information, like prescriptions needed following a surgery and what purpose the medication served.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I have visited the Oakland and San Francisco clinics. They are both great. Easy to get to & park near. Inviting, clean environment that always smells good. Friendly staff. Rarely a wait time beyond your scheduled appointment.
Saline sonogram was around $700. Hysteroscopy with anesthesia was around $3500. Initial office consult was around $350.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
I had a hysteroscopy and the Dr who did the surgery, and Dr Minjarez gave me specific information about the drugs I was to take and the timing of the drugs. Then when the nurse called for follow up she had the information down differently. But she did call back with the correct information.
San Francisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility.

Some of the nurses [at Spring Fertility] go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure...We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k...easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez treated me differently than the other fertility doctors I had seen. I was exhausted with misinformation and feeling like none of the doctors I met with were fully in control of a plan toward success. However, Dr. Minjarez was direct in her communication and let me know what challenges were ahead and she did it compassionately. Kaiser has sent over 450 pages of my medical records and I assumed it would be too much to read through so I came to the appointment with a timeline. When I met with Dr. Minjarez she knew everything I’d been through and already had a tailored plan. The major part of feeling confident and secure with Dr. Minjarez is that she was open to hearing my questions, thoroughly explained things, and if I had a specific request she was open to it. Many of the doctors I’d had before treated my journey as an experiment I.E. sure, I have no idea if that will work so let’s try it. That’s never comforting. As a queer female couple, every time we tried to get pregnant was costly financially and emotionally. Dr. Minjarez was the only doctor that understood that balance and knew that we didn’t have time or money to waste. Lastly, Dr. Minjarez treats you based on your cycle - the clinic didn’t make me take medications in order to fill their schedule. So when my body was ready they were able to always accommodate.
If you have any doubts or questions make sure to always ask them before you leave the appointment. She is busy but always has time to explain and answer things.
Dr. Minjarez and her team were dedicated to my fertility journey. They addressed me and my wife personally, compassionately, and made sure we left with all the information we needed. Even though the office visits were efficient and brief we never felt rushed (helpful when you need to rush to work!). I was thankful that the staff were friendly and always rooted for our success.
Because I’d already had an extensive journey with medication, Dr. Minjarez was able to tailor my injections and quantities based off my history. Surprisingly, she didn’t prescribe the highest amount of injections that I’d used before. Instead she explained to me that I didn’t need as much as I’d had before (that doctor had really amped up the meds) in order to produce. When I had my transfer she prescribed clomid. Previously I’d had a weird reaction to clomid (Rx from the same doctor that had rx’ed high amounts of injections) and Dr. Minjarez walked me through trying it again at a different dosage and taking them at night. She let me know that I could change the meds if I needed to. She was right and I didn’t have a negative reaction when I took them. After I had the embryo transfer I was able to just have progesterone suppositories instead of injecting. This is uncommon with the other doctors I’d met with and I was so thankful that Dr. Minjarez knew the up to date science and confirmed that my numbers were high enough for suppositories. Most other doctors just automatically prescribe progesterone injections no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia, care coordinator. Flo, nurse)
Sonia was our coordinator and she is amazing. Super organized and totally invested in our journey to have a baby. As a queer couple, the entire staff embraced us and always addressed me and my wife appropriately. The nurses were all great! We mostly worked with Flo but also had other nurses. They were all knowledgeable and knew my medical chart very well. That type of knowledge and attention never happens at other clinics. Some of the nurses go between the Oakland and SF office so it was really nice on the day of my transfer to see one of our nurses in SF and get a hug before I went in for the procedure.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths- easy location in Oakland, clean and cozy clinic, amazing staff. The SF clinic is similar. Things to know- parking at the Oakland clinic is difficult but not terrible. We only went to SF for the weekends and the day of procedures and found parking easily. If you have any questions or concerns with finances work with your coordinator to manage them. Spring basically has packages and we had no surprises with our costs.
We did ICSI, genetic testing and frozen transfer with one embryo. Overall with medications we paid between $25-30k. Our insurance didn’t cover anything.
We preferred single embryo transfer and Dr. Minjarez agreed. We did PGS testing and ICSI to have the best chances of only needing the eSET. This was recommended by Dr. Minjarez and we were happy with the results.
Oakland
[Protocol with Dr. Debra Minjarez was] Letrozole mini-IVF stimulation because of diminished ovarian reserve...came up with a very patient-specific protocol that was different than my previous IVF protocols with previous doctors. It was the perfect protocol (mini IVF) for my specific situation (history of endometrial cancer, few eggs, diminished ovarian reserve)...I even had a recurrence of pre-cancer during my IVF treatment with her, went back to hormone therapy, and she helped me navigate through that and I am back on course. I call her my "miracle worker."
Strengths [at Spring Fertility]: location in Oakland, cleanliness, availability of appointments, greater customer care, excellent doctors...excellent embryology lab Weaknesses: all retrievals/embryo transfer procedures and weekend appointments are done at the SF office (but this is not that bad), so you might see different doctors for your procedures. (also not that bad because I trust all the Spring doctors)...My cycle coordinator, Marina, was extremely helpful over email and phone and very timely to questions I had over email. I nearly always received a response within 1 business day of my email from either Marina or another cycle coordinator/nurse. In my opinion, Spring is excellent on timeliness and customer care.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Minjarez is excellent in her thorough knowledge of infertility issues and related health issues. I was treated for endometrial cancer and had gone through 3 failed IVF cycles and had come to Dr. Minjarez as a last hope, after being referred to her by a friend and she treated me a lot of compassion, listened to my history (including cancer medications) and crafted a specific protocol (resting from medication, different medications once I started, mini-IVF letrozole stimulation) that miraculously resulted in 2 high quality embryos. I am currently going through the embryo transfer process, but she has been great all the way through. I even had a recurrence of pre-cancer during my IVF treatment with her, went back to hormone therapy, and she helped me navigate through that and I am back on course. I call her my "miracle worker."
Explain your medical history thoroughly so that Dr. Minjarez can understand how to best treat you with a specific protocol.
Dr. Minjarez came up with a very patient-specific protocol that was different than my previous IVF protocols with previous doctors. It was the perfect protocol (mini IVF) for my specific situation (history of endometrial cancer, few eggs, diminished ovarian reserve).
Resting from medication for 2 months due to over-stimulation of my ovaries from previous cancer hormone therapy and IVF treatments. Letrozole mini-IVF stimulation because of diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flo (nurse) and Marina (cycle coordinator))
My nurse, Flo, was very compassionate on the phone and nearly always called whenever I needed some type of explanation for my medications. My cycle coordinator, Marina, was extremely helpful over email and phone and very timely to questions I had over email. I nearly always received a response within 1 business day of my email from either Marina or another cycle coordinator/nurse. In my opinion, Spring is excellent on timeliness and customer care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: location in Oakland, cleanliness, availability of appointments, greater customer care, excellent doctors (previously from UCSF and Kaiser), excellent embryology lab Weaknesses: all retrievals/embryo transfer procedures and weekend appointments are done at the SF office (but this is not that bad), so you might see different doctors for your procedures. (also not that bad because I trust all the Spring doctors)
$7K (before insurance) for the 1 mini-IVF cycle, $5K for embryo transfer
None. I preferred single embryo transfer and she recommended the same.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
There was 1 incident where I was expecting a call from my nurse for ovulation trigger instructions and at 5:45pm had not received a call for instructions for that night. I called the clinic and left a voicemail. Thankfully another nurse called back immediately with the instructions, but I was a bit worried since it was a critical instructions in preparation for embryo transfer.
Success w/ Doc 22 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Minjarez] talked to me like an equal, took the time to listen to me about all of my concerns. She never rushed me, and answered all my questions in depth, and was nice when discussing personal matters that I was concerned may impact my egg freezing...My egg freezing ended up going significantly better than we had initially anticipated, as some of my earlier test results were not great, and I think she stated my initial results conservatively so I would be prepared if things didn't go as well as they did.
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] were all very friendly, but I did not have a constant nurse, and saw a new person most times. They were also highly responsive over email, but I would just email whoever had contacted me last...It was, like, 4500 for meds and 8500 for all procedures related to the egg retrieval. There was an additional 400 up front for fertility testing, then an extra 200 at the end because I had 2 extra eggs that got frozen (they cover up to 20)
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
For the most part, I was very happy with Debra Minjarez. She was nice, and really seemed to know what she was doing. The only downside, is I believe she errs on the side of caution. My egg freezing ended up going significantly better than we had initially anticipated, as some of my earlier test results were not great, and I think she stated my initial results conservatively so I would be prepared if things didn't go as well as they did.
Be pretty open about your concerns, even if they seem embarrassing or silly. She was very respectful about everything that I asked.
She talked to me like an equal, took the time to listen to me about all of my concerns. She never rushed me, and answered all my questions in depth, and was nice when discussing personal matters that I was concerned may impact my egg freezing.
I had a Gonal-F with Menopur protocol, starting with 225 iu of Gonal-F and 150 iu of Menopur, which were tapered down as treatment progressed/in response to my estrogen levels and ultrasounds. I think my dose was lowered towards the end, so I could take them longer while waiting for my follicles to mature. Overall, the results were very good, and I think they picked a great time to do my egg retrieval - we got a good number of eggs, but I didn't get sick afterwards (though, I didn't feel great the week after.)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
They were all very friendly, but I did not have a constant nurse, and saw a new person most times. They were also highly responsive over email, but I would just email whoever had contacted me last.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It was a nice clinic, the equipment seemed new and up to date, and the staff was friendly. One slight downside, is they have a few locations - like one in Oakland - but some of the procedures they can only do in San Francisco. I ended up having to get up very early to go into SF for my egg retrieval despite usually seeing my doctor in Oakland.
I didn't have embryos transferred
Treated 2016
This is for Dr Minjarez during her time at Kaiser Oakland...She was able to help me regroup and try again for my third and fourth IUI rounds, and clearly explained why we should move to IVF due to my husband’s male factor issues.... I had two IUI rounds with her - the first we used Menopur in combination with Clomid at my request to see if that would increase my egg count for the IUI. It had the complete opposite effect and was unsuccessful. My fourth - and final - IUI round was with letrozole. There was a better response but the round was still unsuccessful.
Kaiser needs a lot of help with its fertility clinics. This is specific for the clinic at Kaiser Oakland. It may have changed in the past couple of years, but at the time of my treatment they didn’t separate patient rooms, so fertility, pregnant, and senior patients were all in the same place at the same time. You also needed to check in upstairs then travel back downstairs to wait for your appointment....I didn’t have one nurse assigned to me at Kaiser but they always seemed to be on break or not wanting to be bothered. I
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
This is for Dr Minjarez during her time at Kaiser Oakland, not Spring Ferility. She was exactly what I needed after a demoralizing experience at Kaiser SF. She was able to help me regroup and try again for my third and fourth IUI rounds, and clearly explained why we should move to IVF due to my husband’s male factor issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Run, don’t walk! She’s great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
My experience at Kaiser SF was horrific, so seeing Dr Minjarez at Kaiser Oakland was such a breath of fresh air. We ultimately didn’t get pregnant but I felt that she was a champion of compassionate care and was always open to altering the protocol for better results.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
Again, this is for treatment under her care at Kaiser Oakland. I had two IUI rounds with her - the first we used Menopur in combination with Clomid at my request to see if that would increase my egg count for the IUI. It had the complete opposite effect and was unsuccessful. My fourth - and final - IUI round was with letrozole. There was a better response but the round was still unsuccessful. However, Dr Minjarez made sure I had a saline solution and discovered that I had a fibroid in the uterine fundus and required a hysteroscopy. My care with Kaiser ended after my hysteroscopy and I began looking for a new clinic (because Dr Minjarez left for Spring!)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I didn’t have one nurse assigned to me at Kaiser but they always seemed to be on break or not wanting to be bothered. I remember rushing to deliver my husband’s sperm sample for an IUI before it became “unuseable” and the front desk was closed when I arrived and I had to track someone down to make sure the sample would make it in time.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I don’t remember the exact costs but Kaiser insurance through my employer covered 50 percent of fertility costs and treatments.
Kaiser Permanente NorCal
Treated 2015
Dr. M[injarez] made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results... personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Initially the nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. M made us feel very comfortable. She was thorough in her explanations and really helped us understand the process (which ended up being very complicated). She was always available for questions and definitely put my mind at ease, which is really important in this type of situation where its easy to get stressed. I fully trusted her to take the lead and give us the best results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. M was very personable and made us feel comfortable (she remembered us from previous visits, knew where we were in the process, etc.).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Initially the nursing staff was great - I had the same nurse from our first consult to egg retrieval, which was really valuable. Unfortunately, the nurse left CCRM prior to the transfer, and I went back and forth between nurses which I didn't like (not always current on my situation, not quite as empathetic, forgot to call with results, etc.). I wish that I had the same nurse throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic did a great job - the egg retrieval went as planned and I was fortunate to have a significant number of eggs retrieved. We were also able to produce a significant number of embryos for freezing. In all, no complaints about the clinical team.
Describe Debra Minjarez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. M was very conservative in her approach and only recommended one embryo for transfer, but allowed us to make the final call which I really appreciated. We ultimately went with her recommendation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The nurse had calculated the wrong date for me to start my meds. Fortunately I caught this prior to starting my calendar, otherwise this would have resulted in a cancelled cycle.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr Deb [Minjarez] knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you...When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle.
I went to the CCRM rose office 95% of the time and loved it but the Lonetree office is much worse - it always felt so sterile and they were always scrambling and disorganized. Their business office is HORRIBLE! The nurse switching mid-cycle can get complicated. And they never give patients consistent messaging, every single staff member will give you a different answer. And big clinic changes are not communicated well. Go to the Rose Office!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Although I was bummed not to see her again once I was pregnant (I only saw her 2 other times - my only less positive thing to say, you never see her), I never doubted her commitment to my fertility for a second. Even in a world of infertility and reoccurring bad news that is often delivered and managed by your nurse, she called me after certain less than positive result tests to make sure I was ok. I was young and had a pretty serious case and I will never forget her making me a promise that first day, she was dedicated and compassionate.. When I didn't respond to stims in the beginning of my cycle, she reassured me of my progress and made me feel comfortable with my medication switch mid-cycle. Again it would have been really nice just to a get a call or note from her after pregnancy or delivery, it was radio silent from her after my transfer, otherwise I couldn't speak more highly of Dr Deb!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Get a good nurse.
Dr Deb knew my chart and everything we had experienced until then... she knew my acupuncturist and my OB, and would send them notes because they both were involved, etc - she just knew "me" and I never felt like numbers on her page. She also knew how I responded to news, and at time altered the way she delivered news. She even sat rubbing my hand and wiping tears as she took me in for surgery to remove my tubes, she connected with you.
Describe the protocols Debra Minjarez used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Retrieval - CCRM Protocol 3, estrogen priming, with added clomid day 4 after poor response. Stimmed 13 days and had double trigger. Transfer - 2 months depo lupron prior to CCRM standard frozen transfer. I have stage IV endometriosis, that caused both tubes to close as well as luteal phase defect and DOR (RFC 4-6, AMH .4) due to scarring on ovaries. I had to have my tubes removed prior to transfer but after retrieval. I had historically not responded to stims. I have never had a successful pregnancy and was Beta-3 negative. My retrieval was saved by clomid, I responded and had 14 eggs retrieved, 11 were mature, 9 fertilized and 4 made it to Day 6, 5 day 6. Depo Lupron successfully helped my body create the beta-3. I had a successful transfer of 2 day 5 (3AA and 5AA) untested embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shanna Morgenson )
Shanna is the BEST. I thank God for her every single day. Timely, compassionate, personal advocate - whatever you needed she delivered!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado.
All said and done for one day workup, one retrieval, drugs for one retrieval, surgery to remove my tubes, transfer, drugs for one frozen transfer, blood work and associated tests we spent $40k. The package prices are not all inclusive, everything is upcharged that can be.
Due to the fact that my embryos were not tested and my numbers, two embryos were recommended.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They forgot to send documentation over to a specialist and I was forced to cancel my appointment and reschedule for 3 months later. They all pointed fingers and blame instead of apologizing. They also lost an insurance payment and refused to call me back for almost two weeks.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. [Minjarez] is very caring and warm. I really like her even though I have not received the results I want...She listens and, especially if you push, is open to trying anything that she thinks might help and poses little risk...The only downside is that I don't deal with her a lot.
[CCRM nurse] Christina is calm, knowledgeable and authoritative which helps me trust her though I think she is better than most of the others based on when she is out... like the nurse I deal with but could see the experience being deeply influenced by what caliber of nurse you have.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
She is fantasist and warm. She makes the process very informative and less emotionally difficult. My nurse acts as the liaison though I wish I could talk to her more.
Don't wait, I wish I went earlier for emotional sanity. Go immediately, figure out what is and is not covered by your insurance and speak up to what you think is and is not working. I have a food allergy present in all of the pill medications and possibly responsible for my multiple losses so she completely customized my transfer after my last loss. She listens and, especially if you push, is open to trying anything that she thinks might help and poses little risk.
Dr. M is very caring and warm. I really like her even though I have not received the results I want. She listens to my concerns and let's me have an opinion in my treatment whole marrying that with her deep expertise. The only downside is that I don't deal with her a lot. I like the nurse I deal with but could see the experience being deeply influenced by what caliber of nurse you have. There are some expensive tests that seem repetitive or an young that they have to be run through their lab (aka not under insurace unless you have United)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
She is on top of of everything and calls me back immediately. When she's out she makes sure I am covered. Some of the other nurses who cover for her don't seem quite as on top of it. Christina is calm, knowledgeable and authoritative which helps me trust her though I think she is better than most of the others based on when she is out.

Treated 2009 - 2012
she [Dr. Debra Minjarez] clearly changed the dosing on the retrieval drugs between my first and second tries. She was very helpful in urging me to do another retrieval as, at the time, I only had one remaining healthy embryo. She explained that with my condition- PCOS- she now could see how I react to the medicines and she increased dosages. Having said that, the number of eggs I produced was doubled from 11 to 22 and it was an extremely painful recuperation after the retrieval so it was probably an aggressive treatment in terms of hyperstimulation risk.
I felt the nurses [at CCRM Colorado-Denver] supporting IUI were quite cold and dismissive but once I got into IVF it was a completely different environment... the nurses were significantly better on the IVF side of things...It was expensive. I think that the least costly was the embryo transfer and those ran $5000 each. The retrieval was the huge figure obviously and it was around $15,000 plus some ancillary medicines as well...My impression was that they don't take IUI patients as seriously.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
Strength- when I did see her for a consultation or an inspection (HSG, etc) she was patient and really gave attention. She was also smart and encouraging. She has a lovely demeanor with patients and really seems to genuinely care whether the process works or not. To this day- my twins are nearly five- I send her annual cards at her new clinic in California to keep her apprised of the children's doings. She also made the effort to carve out time to meet the twins when they were several months old.
It's a very, very long process and you might have other practitioners doing things like retrievals on her behalf. I didn't mind but I know some people do.
Dr Minjarez is a warm and supportive person and genuinely interested in her patients. I felt the nurses supporting IUI were quite cold and dismissive but once I got into IVF it was a completely different environment. She was consistently a lovely person but the nurses were significantly better on the IVF side of things.
I don't have vivid recollections except that she clearly changed the dosing on the retrieval drugs between my first and second tries. She was very helpful in urging me to do another retrieval as, at the time, I only had one remaining healthy embryo. She explained that with my condition- PCOS- she now could see how I react to the medicines and she increased dosages. Having said that, the number of eggs I produced was doubled from 11 to 22 and it was an extremely painful recuperation after the retrieval so it was probably an aggressive treatment in terms of hyperstimulation risk. But the clinic was top notch and, compared to what I've heard from peers who used others, they were on touch of the medicine and blood testing constantly so I felt it was all very controlled and managed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin Quinn was amazing. A few others were too but the names now escape me 6 years later. )
My primary point person for IVF was Erin Quinn and she was wonderful. For IUI it was a less warm and fuzzy woman named Lisa in CCRM's Denver office. The other IVF nurses were incredible; one of whom drove 40 minutes up from the suburbs on a Sunday to help me with drugs. I am embarrassed to say I cannot recall her name but I also think Erin said she left CCRM the following year anyway. But it was that type of place. Ruby who did blood draw was hilarious and amazing at find veins and the woman who staffed the U/S was equally nice. I really felt that the IVF was a supportive environment, unlike the early IUI experience.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My impression was that they don't take IUI patients as seriously. It's obviously a less committed and less costly procedure as well. From an IVF perspective I had complete faith in their competence and ability to manage my situation.
It was expensive. I think that the least costly was the embryo transfer and those ran $5000 each. The retrieval was the huge figure obviously and it was around $15,000 plus some ancillary medicines as well. Obviously some of that depends on one's health coverage. My company at that time did not cover IVF at all. As I was completing my process in fall 2011 they were bringing in some type of buy one get one free insurance thing but I was too late to participate in those.
Dr Minjarez did recommend a single embryo transfer which I did and then miscarried shortly after it was a chemical pregnancy. Due to that fact, and to the fact that I had previously had a miscarriage naturally she opted for a two embryo transfer which successfully resulted in twins. She was careful not to go 'overboard' and ever recommend more than 2 embryos notwithstanding her knowledge that I was stressed and almost urging her to throw in more. She's cautious and medically very, very competent and good at what she does!
Denver

Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate...has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team [at Spring Fertility]. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role...Flo [nurse] has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Weekly follow ups tend to be quick as she is busy with patients and travel from SF. However, she checks in and takes the time to speak with us before every procedure and ensures our comfort levels and understanding. She takes the time to answer questions/concerns and is patient/compassionate.
She has been considered the best in the field coming from CCRM in Colorado. She was highly recommended to us by many people. You have the power to hire your fertility care team. Check to see what you want and comfortable with.
Dr. Minjarez has phenomenal bedside manner and has compassion for her work and patients. She is direct and intelligent and break down information for us to better understand the process and protocols.
Flo has compassion and high level of care when reviewing protocols and medications. She provides comfort and additional support through the process. It is reassuring to have a team that is cheering you on and supporting your journey as it is an arduous, emotional, and straining one.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
You deal with multiple staff on the Dr’s team. Nurse, finance, patient coordinator, anesthesiologists, etc. all are super friendly and are able to get up to speed with status of protocols when I call the office (I don’t have to go through a gatekeeper or explain much). Sometimes talking to different people is a bit much, but everyone has their role.
$40000

Treated 2015
She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is so kind and compassionate. A very smart and well prepared doctor with excellent bed side manners, she always listen to your questions or concerns and adjust your treatment to include any suggestion you may have if this makes sense of course... First cycle: estrogen priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 7 eggs retrieved but 3 follicles were empty, 4 eggs fertilized, 3 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is currently my 17 months old baby boy :-) Second cycle: estrogen+testosterone priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 6 eggs retrieved, 5 eggs fertilized, 4 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is my little girl still frozen
[At CCRM] First cycle: estrogen priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 7 eggs retrieved but 3 follicles were empty, 4 eggs fertilized, 3 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is currently my 17 months old baby boy :-) Second cycle: estrogen+testosterone priming, then Gonal F + cetrotide + saizen+ Clomid. 6 eggs retrieved, 5 eggs fertilized, 4 blastocysts, 1 CCS normal who is my little girl still frozen
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
She is so kind and compassionate. A very smart and well prepared doctor with excellent bed side manners, she always listen to your questions or concerns and adjust your treatment to include any suggestion you may have if this makes sense of course
She is very knowledgeable and she knows what she is doing
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths : knowhow, statistics, reputation Weaknesses: in 2016 got acquired for a corporation and since then they have created a lot of affiliated clinics in other states and I don't think all of them will have the same lab and quality doctos as in Colorado, I see this like a marketing strategy
50k to 60k
She strongly suggested single embryo transfer
Lone Tree

Treated 2015
She had great bedside manner and her knowledge of the clinic stats as it relates to my diagnosis was great. She made me feel confident that we were choosing the right path and was compassionate but direct too.
She [Dr. Minjarez] had great bedside manner and her knowledge of the clinic stats as it relates to my diagnosis was great. She made me feel confident that we were choosing the right path and was compassionate but direct too.
None
She was very personal and discussed everything with us. Spent time answering all of our questions and had a great bedside manner.
EPP for two rounds and testosterone priming with gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and saizen for the third round. The EPP resulted in more mature eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Rachael)
Very organized and a great communicator. Definitely advocated for things that I needed. Great nurse.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Just a confusion in which protocol (from cycle 1 and 2) was the most successful when determining what my cycle 3 should be.
Treated 2015
She [Dr. Minjarez] is intelligent, direct, and yet kind. She remembers details and was very flexible for me in my cycles. I trusted her and everything she said... She was honest, but optimistic.
She and her nursing staff [at CCRM] are warm, reachable, and responsive. [The nurses were] Organized, easy to reach, detail oriented.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at CCRM Colorado?
She is intelligent, direct, and yet kind. She remembers details and was very flexible for me in my cycles. I trusted her and everything she said.
Don't hesitate to see Dr. Minjarez
She and her nursing staff are warm, reachable, and responsive. She was honest, but optimistic.
I have DOR. #1 Estrogen priming with antagonist- 5 retrieved, mature, fertilized and 3 blasts.#2 estrogen priming and microdose Lupron with antagonist- 5 retrieved, mature, 4 fertilized and 4 blasts #3- testosterone and estrogen priming - 6 retrieved, 5 mature, 4 fertilized - 2 blasts. Plan FET next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
Organized, easy to reach, detail oriented
Treated 2020
Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg [with Dr. Debra Minjarez]. Very happy with that decision...She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer...Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT....She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT [at Spring Fertility]...They [nurses] are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough...was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leavin
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
After having an awkward time at Kaiser's IVF clinic, working with Dr. Minjarez was a pleasure. She is friendly and informative. She made me feel empowered which I believe contributed to the success of our transfer.
Ask questions, no matter how dumb. Don't be afraid to share your experience with her. She took us on with an intensity we needed to feel like IVF would work for us. Her confidence is infectious.
Due to my husband's infertility, we did ICSI and PGT.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
They are kind, younger but energetic. I appreciate the positivity in the clinic by the nurses and staff. They are helpful but not too much. I am pretty quiet and I appreciated being left alone as well and not forced to make small talk. IVF is intense enough.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I am leaving this review mostly for women/couples who are trying to decide between staying at Kaiser because you have Kaiser insurance or going with an outside clinic. I am very happy with our decision to leave Kaiser. After they cancelled all our appointments during the pandemic, their IVF doctor put us back on the waitlist even when they reopened because they had to restart other patients cycles. Understandable but waiting was not an option at my age. Spring was able to schedule us appointments, the same week as our consultation. Spring didn't pressure us into choosing them either, they offered us more information and availability. Spring helped us transfer medical records to their clinic so we wouldn't have to start over, which saved us money. The costs for Kaiser and Spring out of pocket were very similar. However I was able to save time being able to have ultrasounds and bloodwork done in Oakland instead of in Fremont. I got pregnant on our first transfer at 39. If you are thinking of leaving Kaiser, I am happy I did and feel my results are because of the care and intelligence of the staff at Spring. They are up to date on technology and have more than one doctor on staff.
Because we did the PGT we only transferred one egg. Very happy with that decision.
Oakland
She [Dr. Debra Minjarez] is personable and incredibly knowldegable... At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby...we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed befor
[Spring Fertility was] Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey... The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
I saved this review for Thanksgiving. Every year I think what am I grateful for? Well this year there is a clear answer, SPRING FERTILITY. We had attempted IVF at 2 other locations in NJ over the course of 4 years or so, and both were terrible experiences. At 38 years old, we thought that we were essentially done and lost all hope that we would ever have our own baby. Then through a program/fertility coach we found (Tasha Blasi), Spring Fertility was recommended to us. They were in San Francisco, and we were in NJ... so there would be travel, additional expenses and time off work involved, but we thought, let's just go all-in on this last attempt. I admit that for a second it seemed going across the country for this was a bit far-fetched, but then it sank in... what is more important than this? Not much in our minds. So we signed up and started with a video call with Dr. Minjarez... and before you know it, we were in CA and underway. Needless to say it worked and we now have the most perfect 8 month old little boy, Preston. We will be forever grateful to Dr. Minjarez and the entire team. The difference in the facilities, practices, philosophies, strategy and just overall kindness, when compared to the two places we tried in NJ, were night and day. So... for anyone reading this review, just know that we were at the end of journey and depressed before we found out about Spring Fertility. You will not regret the choice of using them. Happy Thanksgiving to Dr. Minjarez and the entire staff!!! THANK YOU!!!!
JUST DO IT!
She is personable and incredibly knowldegable
Biggest difference was day 3 eggs.
excellent
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Excellent. thoughtful and well prepared. They are very compassionate and understanding. They went out of their way to help us on our journey and alswered all questions along the way
status quo. 10-15k
San Francisco
We had a great experience with Dr. Minajarez. She is a take charge type of doctor that exhumes confidence. She was realistic with what our outcomes could be which made each round of egg retrieval more realistic. ... We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. ... We used mini-stim for three cycles.
The strengths [of Spring Feritlity] are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times. ... My care team was very responsive.
How was your experience with Debra Minjarez at Spring Fertility?
Since Spring has three facilities your doctor may not be the one to do the procedures. They are up front with this.
All medical assistants, nurses, and doctor tried to use my preferred name and seemed genuinely excited during our procedures. We had an unexpected complication and the doctor took the time with us to weigh our options. They put my health above my desire to continue treatment.
We used mini-stim for three cycles. The first cycle we used clomid along with injectable medication. After the first cycle, I had a health complication that we originally thought was from the medications. It turned out to be a chronic issue, but we changed the Clomid to Letrozole for the last two cycles and retrieved more viable embryos. We genetically tested the embryos retrieved which allowed us to know the actual amount of normal embryos we have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marina Lecoeuche)
My care team was very responsive. Any question I had was promptly answered with a pleasant response. They were more than willing to send different pharmacies my medications to help with costs.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The strengths are that it is inviting, does not feel like a cold doctors office, and they individualize everyones care. They are open early and are flexible, allowing you to go to different clinics if the date and time of your clinic does not work. However, all procedures are done in the San Francisco office, which can be a bit difficult to get to during commute times.
Each round was a little less than $15,000 including medication.