Medical SchoolAlbert Einstein
FellowshipCornell
223 North Van Dien Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
201-447-8000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dehan Chen to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Valley Hospital Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
We are all male factor infertility and dr Chen was very good about only doin the tests needed so they could get the information we needed to move forward with ivf. I was sexually abused as a teenager and dr Chen was very good at explaining exactly what he needed to do before doing it which helped me feel a lot more at ease.... Every visit dr Chen knew exactly who we were and remembered things we had discussed in previous appointment. He was very sensitive to our religious and moral beliefs throughout this whole process
How was your experience with Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
Be prepared to be there a while, on our first consultation he was very in-depth going over family history for me and my partner he went over each of my cycles in depth. I had an ultrasound and blood work done that day as well which I was no expecting to have done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
There is a nurses line you can call and they are always very good at returning all calls and answering all your questions even the same day or next day (depending on time of day you call)
Describe your experience with Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
The receptionist is very nice, she’s not great at explaining things unless you ask specific questions. It is always easy to get an appointment that works for you as well as being open on weekends for monitoring appointments. They do blood tests and ultrasounds right in there office which I loved not having to go someplace else as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Dr Chen took my insurence so most of our treatments were covered and we paid relivially little in comparison to most people. Dr Chen is very sensitive and awhere that it is exspensive and does everything he can to only do what is necessary and gives you the best chance of getting a baby
Describe Dehan Chen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
Dr Chen is open to transferring one or two embryos. He looks at the available embryos and will give the patient his option on what he thinks would be best for that specific cycle
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr Chen was caring, friendly, and compassionate. He wanted us to be successful and help with everything he could to help us get pregnant...The team [at Valley Hospital] was so friendly and kind even when the news was upsetting.
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
The Valley team was so caring and concerned for my welfare and well-being. The team was so friendly and kind even when the news was upsetting
Kathy was amazing and friendly. Adrianne and Pat were wonderful too! All the nurses were great and always greeted you with a smile and friendly greeting.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Valley Hospital Fertility Center.
It was a well oiled machine but if you needed to be some where by a certain time it was important to get there early before the clinic opened to wait in line. Depending on the time of year it wasn't busy at all!
2010 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr Chen is incredible. He was always very honest with my odds of having a child and helped my husband and I navigate the process to a successful outcome.
2010 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
Expect a Harvard level graduate who will be honest with you even if it is not what you want to hear.
The entire team at Valley seemed as though they knew me personally. The took the time to answer each and every question I had until I was satisfied with the answer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Valley Hospital Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Margrate)
The nurses we also amazing. On a number of occasions, I had emergencies and they were always helpful and compassionate.
There were almost always 20 or more patients. The office was efficient and the wait was as short as possible with that number of patients.
2012
Dr. Chen has a very sweet disposition....When I had to be seen by Dr. Nasseri, he was much more matter of fact. Not as "friendly" per se, but I was always confident in his ability. The office staff were sweethearts.
2012
How was your experience with Dehan Chen at Valley Hospital Fertility Center?
I know that Dr. Chen was very warm, calm and reassuring. But, I was always anxious/nervous that I wouldn't know what to do and when as far as administering shots and meds. I was always having to call the nurse.
Use Valley Fertility!
Everyone knew and called me by first name. Dr. Chen has a very sweet disposition.
Describe your experience with Valley Hospital Fertility Center.