5.1

Deirdre Conway works at

5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
535 W Sunnyside Rd #1
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-529-2019

The doctors are great. The nursing staff is pretty good and nice. However, there’s some issues because they [Utah Fertility Center] don’t call back or call when they said they would. I don’t know if this is part of why Dr. Conway calls me with things sometimes. She’s amazing and makes up for their lack there of. ... They’re plenty nice but for some reason I have to try too hard to get results when they said they’d call and I have to make many calls to get a call back.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s kind, straight forward, thorough...she truly cares. She covers everything with you. She made me feel very comfortable and cared for. She’s been very involved, calling me to check in after I have other appointments, etc. on her personal time and talking to me for 20+ minutes at times. She’s involved in my plan and I love that. I wouldn’t move anywhere else because of her in particular. I feel so confident in her and trust her opinion and plan of action. I believe she can get us pregnant. She didn’t guarantee it of course but she’s been amazing and I feel like that will be the outcome, or at least that she is the best doctor to give us the very best shot at it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Trust her. She cares and won’t lead you astray. Ask questions because she doesn’t mind answering them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has been amazing. She was straight forward with us. She let us know there was hope and set up appointments for my husband with the correct doctor to see what was causing his MFI, but she was very realistic and clear about what we were currently looking at for treatment, costs, etc. She explained everything well and at my level. She’s been so kind. She’s called to check on things herself like when I’ve met with with the surgeons to remove my cyst, etc. She’s called about my husband’s appointments. She’s spent 20+ minutes on the phone not scheduled or charging me and by calling herself. She’s told me I could call if something big came up. She’s been so involved in every step and part of this even when she could’ve passed it to someone else. When we first went in the male factor looked bad and he had a history of a surgery that could affect fertility. She was kind but straight with us and I appreciate both. She said essentially, I want to send you to this other doctor and if there is something to find he’ll find it, but right now and judging by your history you’re looking at IVF and ICSI. I appreciated knowing there was a small bit of hope but I also appreciated the realistic information. It helped us to accept it and deal with it. She also made me feel confident that no matter what treatment we ended up needing with her that she could give us our best shot at pregnancies and babies. She didn’t guarantee anything but was optimistic and made me feel like she truly cared to give us our family. I believe she can do it or give us our best shot! I thought about going another place that offered different things and in the end the other clinic didn’t have the reviews to persuade me to leave my amazing doctor.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We haven’t gotten so far yet!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t know if it’s the nursing staff or lab but the clinic isn’t great at returning calls or calling with results when they say they will. They’re plenty nice but for some reason I have to try too hard to get results when they said they’d call and I have to make many calls to get a call back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The doctors are great. The nursing staff is pretty good and nice. However, there’s some issues because they don’t call back or call when they said they would. I don’t know if this is part of why Dr. Conway calls me with things sometimes. She’s amazing and makes up for their lack there of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
So far I’ve spent very little because of insurance. They’re good at making sure you’re in network and they do let me know what something will be out of pocket before we do it just in case. I got an accurate quote for IVF, bloodwork, etc. You have to pay either through insurance or not for bloodwork, meetings...my original ultrasound was free and they let me know ahead of time. They’ll charge for sperm freezings but will give you one free. Finances have been clear overall.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only time I got a call when I was told I would get a call about results was when they needed me to start a thyroid medication. Besides that the staff tells you they’ll call then doesn’t. When we did our two semen analysis’ here they said they’d call, never did. I had to call and call and call to talk to someone and then I got a staff member who didn’t actually know about the results and tried to relay them. Also, they send you to the lab people but that line always goes to voicemail and they almost never call back. They haven’t released all results they’re suppose to either.
Treated 2017
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of...seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
I think that this clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment...The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease..nurses were very friendly...They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
A piece of advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Conway would be to make sure you go to another doctor for your diagnostic services. I went to her and during the consultation she asked if I had regular periods, I said yes and that was all that she did on me besides routine blood work. After an increased amount of pain with each period while seeing Dr. Conway I went to another doctor. Almost instantly the new doctor was able to tell me that I had growths in my uterus, PCOS and most likely endometriosis. It was really upsetting to me that none of this was noticed or mentioned during the numerous ultrasounds I was given in Dr. Conway's office.
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of. Her nurses were very friendly though, and I did enjoy them.
I did IUI's with Dr. Conway's office. I would report to their office via phone when my cycle day one was. They would then schedule me to come in for my baseline ultrasound. After that appointment I would receive a prescription for chlomid and be scheduled for my next appointment. During the next appointment I would have another ultrasound to check the growth of the follicles. Then, based off of size I would know when to inject the trigger shot. Then come in the next day for the insemination. After insemination I would be lay on the table and they would raise the end of the table up, to where my head was lower than my feet. It always made me think of Phoebe off of friends at that part. After the procedure I would go home and start taking vaginal suppositories to help sustain a pregnancy. Then two weeks later I would go into the clinic again for a blood test. They would later call me with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
The nursing staff was amazing! I loved Stephanie. They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think that this clinic is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment. With the office being an extension one, I don't think I can really talk on what the offices in Utah are like. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease.
Dr. Conway gave us an approximate number upfront for what an IUI would cost and unfortunately I cannot remember the number. The frustrating part to me was that there were a lot of tests and extra things that were not included in that lower number that had initially swayed our decision to continue with treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Overall I just wish Dr. Conway had been more hands on in my treatments. I simply did not feel that things were being done very thoroughly at this clinic.
Treated 2018 - 2020
[Dr.] Conway in general was very warm and kind...my Husband and I have been receiving treatment for the last 2 years. Our consultation went well and I felt she was able to give us some answers that explained some of the issues we’d been having. Come to find I have PCOS and endometriosis; I’ve also had several other procedures guided by her. When things haven’t gone as planned I appreciate her honesty and willingness to answer our questions and concerns. She has a great bedside manner.
[Nurses at Utah Fertility Center are] Very kind and compassionate people. They’ve had a hard time recalling where we are at in cycles and what we’ve tried before...Prescriptions not being called in in a timely fashion. This has happened on a few occasions. I’ve also had to call asking for results that weren’t provided when I was told to expect them...Each IUI cycles was approximately $900 plus medications...IVF will cost us over 10k for a single cycle.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Take time to fill out all the paperwork prior to your initial consult. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Clinic staff often forgetting where we were at in the cycle or what had tried. Conway in general was very warm and kind.
1 timed intercourse cycle with femara and a trigger shot. This ended in a chemical pregnancy. 3 rounds of IUI with femara, dex, injectable and trigger shots. First 2 rounds only 1-2 follicles developed. Our last cycle we added menopur with 5+ follicles. All of these cycles ended with negative beta tests. We are now discussing starting IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Nice updated facility; kind staff; compassionate and flexible. The doctor is impressive and the capabilities of the facility itself is convenient. Sometimes they’ve struggled to recall previous cycles and how I responded. I’ve also left messages with people for those calls to not be returned.
Each IUI cycles was approximately $900 plus medications. My insurance had covered most of my direct consultations. Insurance also helped cover portions of my blood work. IVF will cost us over 10k for a single cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Prescriptions not being called in in a timely fashion. This has happened on a few occasions. I’ve also had to call asking for results that weren’t provided when I was told to expect them. Nothing that is worthy to “write home about.” We are very fortunate to have access to a clinic of the caliber in our area.
Treated 2019 - 2020
My experience as a patient so far has been as good as it could be dealing with something like this. I trust Dr. Conway and feel that she knows what she’s doing and when things haven’t worked she always has another route to try and change. I feel like she really cares about me and what I’m going through and that I’m not just another patient to her...
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center] was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway...they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s smart and knows what she’s doing! Give her all the information you can about you and her spouse and work together to come up with a plan that you both feel comfortable with
I felt like she took her time with me and really got done to the nitty girrty of all my questions. She is patient and kind and I feel that she really cares about what she’s doing and gives her all in this process to help me the absolute best way she knows how
My first 2 cycles I was put on femera 5mg because I had never been on a fertility meds before. Those unfortunately didn’t work and so then my next cycle I did femera with a trigger shot and timed intercourse with scans to check my follicles. Sadly that didn’t work either. At that point me and my husband had to stop with our fertility treatments because we were saving to move into our first house and so for another 2 months I was put back into femera 7.5mg to see if upping the dose would help and that didn’t work either. Last month I went into see her and we got everything set up for us to try iui but with COVID-19 that is being put on hold unfortunately
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
As a whole I love it there and feel very taken care of. I trust them and I feel confident they know what they are doing and with their help eventually I’ll have a little baby in my arms. I know everything with infertility is trial and error and they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
So far I’ve spent about 1,200 with appointments blood draws and medications and treatments

Treated 2019 - 2020
I’m using dr Conway for secondary infertility...I have only been able to complete one cycle of femara 5mg with trigger shot for timed intercourse. They found polyps in my uterus and I am awaiting removal of the polyps for further treatment...was very analytical stated the facts and started testing that day. It was nice to be able to start immediately and not have to wait, but my husband described it as being pushed through like cattle.
They [nurses] are friendly and caring, they also take time with you to make sure you know what fit are doing for your treatment abs are willing to answer any questions you have when you call...After getting blood draws done I was informed I would be able to see the results on my portal they have never posted to my portal. I was also told that the polo in my uterus had no effect on my fertility one appointment then the next it was a huge problem resulting in postponing a cycle.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I saw dr Conway for my consult and then had a phone call follow up with her. After that I’ve not seen her again I’ve only seen her PA and nurses. The initial meeting was good and her treatments aggressive since I’ve been through this before. She was willing to take my experiences and what I wanted when she made the treatment plan.
Be prepared to move quickly of that is what you want. Take your time to think about what you would like to do and let her know she will work with you but you have to be open.
Dr Conway was very analytical stated the facts and started testing that day. It was nice to be able to start immediately and not have to wait, but my husband described it as being pushed through like cattle.
I’m using dr Conway for secondary infertility. I am still using her but so far I have only been able to complete one cycle of femara 5mg with trigger shot for timed intercourse. They found polyps in my uterus and I am awaiting removal of the polyps for further treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They are friendly and caring, they also take time with you to make sure you know what fit are doing for your treatment abs are willing to answer any questions you have when you call
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very good at what they do they have done it so much but some times it’s feels like it moves to quickly and you don’t have time to make a decision they want you to decide on the spot. They know who you are but forget what treatment you are doing while you are in the office with them.
200 for saline ultrasound, 450 for timed intercourse. 1200 for hysterograph
Pleasant Grove
We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal. [results with Dr. Deirdre Conway]...Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name...Is thorough, gentle, and she allows your grief to be a thing. She is funny, personable, even called me personally (after hours) when there was specific news she knew could be devastating. From the moment I met her to our transfer day she was present, she was kind and most of all honest.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner [at Utah Fertility Center]. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic...team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make sure you’re a fit. There are plenty of of RE’s out there. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. They want you to succeed and part of successful treatments in my option is our comfort level as a patient. But if you don’t feel a great vibe it’s okay to ask to meet a different doc under that practice.
Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name. Her team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
For my egg retrieval she upped doses on certain meds because of my age and that we were wanting to just do one retrieval. At my saline u/s she saw some thickened lining and advised hysteroscopy at time of retrieval. That was daunting to think about but so grateful she knocked two birds out with one stone. She wanted to help us achieve that goal if possible. My husband had to have a TESE so we already had his sperm on Ice while I was stimming. We were able to stim a few days longer because they wanted a few follicles to catch up. We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Morgan was empathy, responsive, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic.
Roughly $20k give or take.
Due to my age and ICSI and PGS testing we never wanted to transfer more than 1 respectively
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Of my 15 vials of blood drawn one of them was misplaced or lost in transport. Frustrating that I had to wait for result and have it drawn again. This is what I was told. Maybe there was a different reason but it’s in the past and not even a thing.
Pleasant Grove

One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF...The only limitation was not physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed...
[Utah Fertility Center's] strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls...I underwent IVF using a new medication vs. placebo. I was on the medicine which I took 15units daily for 7 days. I ended up having 4 ollicles were major and that’s when I was given the trigger shot. 6 eggs were retrieved 4 were mature and fertilized with icsi and 3 were blasts by day 5/6. I had 1 transfered so far and it wasn’t successful and will still go for the second 1 soon. Before the IVF I had water US done where it showed a polyp that was removed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was great. I went to her after reading and watching reviews about her and she lived up to my expectations. Dr. Conway was tentative, listened to all my concerns, reviewed my previous treatment history and asked questions where it mattered. She was very sympathetic, acknowledged my pain and suffering and started explaining in details possible causes and treatment options. My husband and my sister who attended the first visit with me where included in the discussion and their questions answered fully with a gentle supporting smile on her face this whole time. After that possible options with the pro and cons of each was explained and we considered all of them and made our informed choice to go for IVF since I had multiple IUIs done previously. One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF.
Dr. Conway is busy, be ready to wait for appointments for months and you better make sure you are there on time when the time comes. I have scheduled my appointment months before and actually missed it because of traffic congestion. They were nice enough to to schedule another appointment in a week time so I did go there on time. You should also be ready to wait for sometime even if you arrive on time. I wouldn’t complain since the visit is worth the wait. One more thing, don’t expect to see Dr. Conway at every visit. But she sure knows her patients and what’s going on with them. I also didn’t mind it much since the first few consultations and assessments were the basis to agree on a plan of care which I am following right now.
Doctor Conway was very kind and she was trying to help me get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls.
The only limitation was not the physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed.
Pleasant Grove
During this call, she [Dr. Deirdre Conway] went through other options that we could try before the egg retrieval to produce more eggs, and help with the development of the embryos. She told us that she thought we would be a great candidate for these options, and that if she didn't think that, she would not recommend it. After talking with her, and discussing our options, there is no doubt that will do another round of IVF. I feel very hopeful after our discussion...I have absolutely loved working with Dr. Conway, and will continue to do so! We live in a different state than her, but will continue to travel the eight hours to work with her. I feel as though she has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, which in our experience does not happen often. Dr. Conway is very personable, professional and knowledgeable. We just got done doing our first round of IVF with her, and I felt very comfortable every step of the way. Unfortunately, we did not get pregnant after this round. After our negative pregnancy test, a call was scheduled for us to
For our IVF with Dr. Conway [at Utah Fertility Center], we payed the clinic itself around $15,000. This did not include the genetic testing for the eight embryos, the medications and the ultrasounds and bloodwork. Total, we paid around $21,000 for everything. After doing research on different clinics and hospitals, even with the travel to Utah from Montana for IVF, this was by far the most cost efficient clinic that we found...The clinic was very easy to work with. Their financial specialist was very helpful and knowledgeable, and responded to all of my questions in a timely manner. The clinic has a patient portal that allowed us to sign all the required documents electronically, as well as access all of our test results. I found this to be very helpful. This clinic has several different locations throughout Utah and Idaho, which I think speaks for itself in showing how great they are.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have absolutely loved working with Dr. Conway, and will continue to do so! We live in a different state than her, but will continue to travel the eight hours to work with her. I feel as though she has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, which in our experience does not happen often. Dr. Conway is very personable, professional and knowledgeable. We just got done doing our first round of IVF with her, and I felt very comfortable every step of the way. Unfortunately, we did not get pregnant after this round. After our negative pregnancy test, a call was scheduled for us to talk to Dr. Conway. I went into this call feeling very down, and not certain about what to do in the future. During this call, Dr. Conway first asked if we would be up for another round of IVF--which at this point, we were not sure. During this call, she went through other options that we could try before the egg retrieval to produce more eggs, and help with the development of the embryos. She told us that she thought we would be a great candidate for these options, and that if she didn't think that, she would not recommend it. After talking with her, and discussing our options, there is no doubt that will do another round of IVF. I feel very hopeful after our discussion.
Do not be afraid to ask questions! We have done a lot of research on infertility, and she took the time to let us ask all our questions, and answered all of them. She made us feel very comfortable.
Dr. Conway is fantastic! After our very first meeting with her, I knew that she was the doctor that I wanted to work with. She took the time to review all of our medical records from the three previous IUI's, that we did with another doctor. We were able to sit down with her and walk through all of the results from our previous tests required for IUI's--this did not happen with our previous provider. At our first meeting, she went into great detail about infertility, what we could expect in working with her, what other tests we would need and why, and of course what she would recommend for our treatment plan. She answered all of our questions, and we did not feel rushed to be done with our appointment. I have left every meeting or phone call that I have had with Dr. Conway feeling like I knew what was going on and why, and that she actually cared about the treatment that we were getting from her.
For our IVF, we did an egg retrieval and then had all of our embryos genetically tested, and the embryos were frozen while we waited for the testing results. Below is the timeline for the egg retrieval--this includes the medicines with dosage, and the number of ultrasound and bloodwork appointments and on which day(s) of the pre-egg retrieval prep. I should note, that I do live in a different state than Dr. Conway, so the sonohysterograph, the ultrasounds and the bloodwork were all completed at my local hospital, and the results were sent that same day to Dr. Conway. One month prior to beginning the medicines for egg retrieval: Started taking a birth control pill, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, and continued to take pre-natal vitamins. One month prior: I had a saline infusion sonohysterograph. On days 24-28 of the month prior to beginning medications: My husband and I both took a z-pack. Day 32: Stopped taking the birth control pill. 3 days after I stopped taking the birth control: First baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, which I will know refer to as Day 1 egg-retrieval prep. Day 2: I continued to take the pre-natal vitamin and CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, and added in a baby aspirin. I began taking Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur all in the AM, which ended up being three shots in my stomach. Day 3: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 4: Bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Days 5-6: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 7: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 8: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 9: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. *We increased the Gonal F to 300 mg based on the results from my ultrasound. Day 10: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, and added in Cetrotide, which now was four shots in my stomach, all in the AM. Day 11: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, and added in Cetrotide, which now was four shots in my stomach, all in the AM. Day 12: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, Cetrotide, all in the AM. Took trigger shot in the PM. Day 13: Husband took Cipro--which is necessary before the male gives a sperm sample. Day 14: EGG RETRIEVAL! Dr. Conway was able to retrieve 18 eggs, 14 were fertilized, and then we had eight that made it to embryos (day 5/6) and were sent off for genetic testing. About three week later, we found out that out of the eight embryos we had tested, we only had one normal embryo. About two week after our retrieval, I began taking birth control again and stopped taking it on Day 24, which is when we began the frozen embryo transfer prep. I also continued to take a pre-natal vitamin and added in baby aspirin on day 24. Day 1: Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and added Estrace 4mg (PM). Days 2-9: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM) Day 10: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM.) Days 11-14: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM). Day 15: Bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM). Added in 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository) in the PM. Day 16: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Day 17: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in the AM 1 ml of progesterone oil (injection--AM). Days 18-21: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Day 22: EMBRYO TRANSFER! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Days 23-24: PRINCESS DAYS! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Days 25-31: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Day 32 PREGNANCY TEST! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Unfortunately, our pregnancy test came back negative, so I stopped all medications on day 33.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen)
Lacey Mickelsen was my main contact in working with Dr. Conway. She was amazing! She created a calendar for me to keep track of the dates for ultrasounds, bloodwork and all of the medications that I needed to take. Anytime, I had a question I would call or email her and she was very quick to respond. I was so happy when I actually got to meet her in person. She was the one that called me and told me our pregnancy test came back negative, and she was very compassionate and it felt that she really cared about the results. When I wasn't working with Lacey, all of the other staff that I had contact with was great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I do not live in the same state that this clinic is located in, so I was able to have all of my orders for my ultrasounds and bloodwork faxed to my local hospital. I was able to have all of my appointments done there in the AM, and have results sent to Dr. Conway the same day.
For our IVF with Dr. Conway, we payed the clinic itself around $15,000. This did not include the genetic testing for the eight embryos, the medications and the ultrasounds and bloodwork. Total, we paid around $21,000 for everything. After doing research on different clinics and hospitals, even with the travel to Utah from Montana for IVF, this was by far the most cost efficient clinic that we found.
We only had one embryo to transfer, so this was not an option for us.

Treated 2015 - 2019
Ask is it is possible to see her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] on your visits instead of dealing with the nurses...When I actually get to see Dr. Conway she is very informative and I seem to leave with hope and comfort. I will say I don't get to see her very often. I don't see or hear from her after my appointments. I only communicate with her nurses. I definitely feel like she could be more involved, especially with so much money on the line...they started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's.
[Utah Fertility Center] started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's...Overall my experience with the nurses has been really good. They are always so sweet and helpful. One thing I would say is that I feel like they are getting to busy at this clinic. Sometimes it's hard to get in contact with a nurse right away. They usually check voicemails at the end of the day and get back to you.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask is it is possible to see her on your visits instead of dealing with the nurses.
I felt like I was treated like a human. Dr. Conway is a very nice and professional doctor. They only thing I would like to see different is more interaction with her verses the nurses. During my two failed IUI's I never spoke with Dr. Conway. She reviews everything, but you never speak with her directly.
When I first visited the clinic they started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic's strengths are definitely the knowledge they have. I can definitely see that they are very will educated and take things very seriously. Their weakness would be that they over book and the doctor's themselves need to spend more quality time with patients. Even a phone call to talk about the visit would be nice.
Around $1,000 for every IUI.
Pleasant Grove
I have only seen her [Dr. Conway] in person one time and talked to her on the phone twice in the past 6 months. Every interaction I’ve had with her has been a positive one; however, I wish I could talk to her more. After our second failed IUI (4th failed treatment) I really wanted to talk to her but was told they normally only schedule a call with the doctor after the 3rd failed IUI. I wish there was a little more communication directly with her.
Even though I have not gotten pregnant yet, my experience at the Utah Fertility Center has been a positive one. ... The nursing staff is so kind and amazing! They really make me feel comfortable whenever I go in for an appointment! ... Every time I went in for an appointment I was treaded with kindness and respect. I have been in several times now and most the nurse know my name, and that makes me feel good!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only seen her in person one time and talked to her on the phone twice in the past 6 months. Every interaction I’ve had with her has been a positive one; however, I wish I could talk to her more. After our second failed IUI (4th failed treatment) I really wanted to talk to her but was told they normally only schedule a call with the doctor after the 3rd failed IUI. I wish there was a little more communication directly with her.
Make sure you get all your questions out during the first consultation.
1st Treatment: Timed and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. 2nd Treatment: Timed and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. 3rd Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection, Trigger shot and IUI. Negative pregnancy test. 4th Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection, Trigger shot and IUI. Negative pregnancy test. 5th Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection Trigger shot and IUI. Waiting on pregnancy test Next step is IVF if the 3rd IUI failed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Even though I have not gotten pregnant yet, my experience at the Utah Fertility Center has been a positive one. I don’t feel like they could have done anything different to better my chances, my body just doesn’t want to get pregnant right now. They do not take my insurance so my husband and I have been paying out of pocket. The treatment costs are manageable.
Time treatments: $575 not including the cost of medication and bloodwork. IUI Treatments: $875 not including the cost of medication and bloodwork.
Treated 2018 - 2019
The one time that I met with her [Dr. Conway], she seemed nice and knowledgeable but I never saw or spoke to her again after my first consult. She spoke about my PCOS and I left the consult thinking this would be a great thing but after that I felt like all they cared about was making the money and making me jump through the hoops, instead of checking along the way to make sure things were going according to the plan.
You will rarely see the doctor [at Utah Fertility Center] and your visits will always be with the physician assistant. So if you are looking for that interaction with the doctor this clinic may not be for you. The physician assistant is great as well as the other staff. ... I felt like I was just put in this infertility box and they were just going through the checklists and not really making sure that the checklist items were working for me and my infertility.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
The one time that I met with her, she seemed nice and knowledgeable but I never saw or spoke to her again after my first consult. She spoke about my PCOS and I left the consult thinking this would be a great thing but after that I felt like all they cared about was making the money and making me jump through the hoops, instead of checking along the way to make sure things were going according to the plan.
Make sure you ask questions and lots of them.
Very little description of what might be going on and I felt like I was just put in this infertility box and they were just going through the checklists and not really making sure that the checklist items were working for me and my infertility.
My first 3 cycles were timed intercourses with either clomid or Femara and the HCG trigger shot as well. Weekly ultrasounds to check the follicles and make sure they were at the right size to trigger them. After the trigger shot and the timed intercourse, progesterone suppositories for 2 weeks until the pregnancy blood test. Next cycle we tried was an IUI with clomid, Gonal f and the HCG trigger shot. Clomid daily along with weekly ultrasound checks of the follicle to again measure the size. Timed gonal f shots (2 of them) during the time of clomid and ultrasounds to help the follicles grow. Once they were big enough, the trigger shot is given. Then 36 hrs later I went in for the procedure and for my husband to give his sample. They spin his sample down to clean out the garbage and then we do the IUI procedure. Again 2 weeks of progesterone suppositories while I wait for the blood pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie PA)
Stephanie was great and super friendly. But she rarely remembered where i was in my cycle or what my plan was. The nursing staff knew me by name.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
You will rarely see the doctor and your visits will always be with the physician assistant. So if you are looking for that interaction with the doctor this clinic may not be for you. The physician assistant is great as well as the other staff.
Timed intercourse cycles are about $575 for each cycle and that does not include the medicine. IUI cycle was about $875 again not including the medicines
Idaho Falls

Dr. Conway is extremely knowledgeable and personable. I believe she is very competent and I trust her judgment. ... I like that Dr. Conway allows multiple embryo transfer ... I haven't finished my journey as I'm doing both egg donor and surrogate and still in process but I feel like I'm in good hands. ... she has also helped me with other health problems and I feel like she does a lot to show she cares.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] has been around a long time and I trust them. Prices are competitive. The clinic seems overburdened. Needs more staff to answer phones, provide billing info, provide third party information. ... Egg donor retrieval was about 9k. Transfer to surro is about $4500. ... I think the staff could use some help. It bothers me to get the voicemail when I call. They should have an operator to take calls. All of the staff at Utah Fertility seems difficult to get in touch with, particularly billing and donor coordination staff.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is extremely knowledgeable and personable. I believe she is very competent and I trust her judgment. I haven't finished my journey as I'm doing both egg donor and surrogate and still in process but I feel like I'm in good hands.
With amh RE you need to educate yourself so you can ask the right questions. Decide what you are going to spend. Figure out what chances you are willing to take. For example if the stats say you have a 2% chance with your own eggs, do you want to spend the money on your own or would you rather have a higher chance with donor. The doc can give you the stats and you can make your own decisions but you have to ask questions.
I really like Dr. Conway! We are in progress on the Fertility journey but she has also helped me with other health problems and I feel like she does a lot to show she cares.
Egg donor was used with typical procedures. Retrieved 25 eggs and got 4 PGS tested embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Great doctor. The clinic has been around a long time and I trust them. Prices are competitive. The clinic seems overburdened. Needs more staff to answer phones, provide billing info, provide third party information.
Egg donor retrieval was about 9k. Transfer to surro is about $4500.
I like that Dr. Conway allows multiple embryo transfer. At some clinics the doctor will only do single embryo and that bothers me. It shouldn't be the doctor's decision but the patient's decision so I like that Utah Fertility doesn't make the decision for me.
Pleasant Grove

So far in my treatment I have had a positive experience working with Dr. Conway. I think my only frustration is that after my initial two visits, I have not even laid eyes on her. She was willing to sit down with me and discuss my concerns and answer questions. ... Since I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, we decided to just move forward with doing an IUI. She said we would do about 2-3 and then re-evaluate from there if that hadn't worked. I'm not on my 3rd cycle. She also put me on femara instead of clomid, because she believes it is better and has less side effects.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very good about calling you back within the day if you have questions. They have on call workers on the weekend. They are all very kind and you feel like they care, even people who are scheduling your next appointment. ... The staff at Dr. Conway's office are all very kind and caring. They are validating and many have gone through fertility treatments as well. They make you feel comfortable and cared about.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
So far in my treatment I have had a positive experience working with Dr. Conway. I think my only frustration is that after my initial two visits, I have not even laid eyes on her. She was willing to sit down with me and discuss my concerns and answer questions. She normalized some things for me and helped me find a solution. She seems kind and caring and aligns with my goal of wanting to get pregnant. I would definitely recommend her, however I would like to have met with her more or see her more for my actual treatments.
Ask as many questions as you have. Don't be afraid to schedule a consultation with her if you have more questions along the way. This is totally appropriate to do, especially since you won't see her too often otherwise.
Dr. Conway was willing to listen to me and answer my questions. I had some concerns and she normalized them and helped me find a solution I felt comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very good about calling you back within the day if you have questions. They have on call workers on the weekend. They are all very kind and you feel like they care, even people who are scheduling your next appointment.
As my insurance does not pay for fertility treatment, they would bill anything to insurance that was "billable" like labs or other diagnostic testing. The IUI was $875 and that cannot be billed through my insurance. I also paid for my medications separately through a pharmacy they work with who works with them to provide less expensive medications.
Pleasant Grove
I had tried eight rounds of varied dosage of Letrozole before I was referred to Dr Conway, with only ovulating half of the time. She saw that with my history and diagnosis of PCOS that we would want to monitor my follicles, still start with Letrozole and add in some Gonal F injections to grow my follicles and then use Novarel for help with ovulation. My follicles were still a little slow at getting to the correct size, and added dexamethasone. Two rounds of timed intercourse and started round two of IUI and this protocol has produced two nice eggs every cycle.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar [at Utah Fertility Center]. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed...original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications...They are very calm, understanding and so sweet when getting bad news. They are great at fitting you in for appointments the days that you need them, even when something unexpected comes up during a cycle. The only weakness is that I’ve had to call for them to put in a prescription once. Everything else clinic wide has been great.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She listens well, she looks over your past medical history before your consultation, she gives a sense of understanding and hope that makes you feel like you can achieve a healthy pregnancy. She answers your concerns in a timely manner when you send messages or call in.
Make sure she has your medical record history before seeing her. Other than that, she has been wonderful.
She took her time during our consultation, went over all of our options, listened to everything we’ve tried in the past with OBGYNs, and gave us hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They’re all so kind and take all of my concerns seriously.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatments. So original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway prescribed a thyroid medicine, as my tests came back stating I have a thyroid issue. Thyroid can cause infertility and she wanted to see if we could get my numbers back in a healthy range. This has been the only treatment plan thus far...While talking to Dr. Conway, she noticed how interested my husband and I were in the nitty-gritty details and broke everything down even more. She was very professional and easy to talk to. No question asked was considered a “bad” question so it made her easier to talk to about all of the things
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back [at Utah Fertility Center]; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway really took the time to listen to my husband and I. She also was extremely thorough while telling us about possible issues as well as the possible procedures we could undergo. I did come in with a cycle calendar that was misinterpreted. However it is unclear whether Dr. Conway misinterpreted it or if the person who scheduled the appointment scheduled it for a “normal” cycle (my cycle is 23 days; “normal” is 28 days). So my ovulation test was scheduled at a time when I wouldn’t have a chance at positive results (it was scheduled 1 day before my expected period). When this was brought up with a nurse practitioner, she was confused as to why my blood was drawn that day too. However, all other tests and procedures have gone smoother for sure. They took my calendar and I more seriously after that and scheduled an ovulation test at a more appropriate time.
Make sure you know your cycle before going in. I tracked mine on an app and it helped Dr. Conway figure out when tests would be appropriate. Also, advocate for your cycle. In the moment, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But if they want to have you take an ovulation test at a certain time that your calendar says isn’t close to correct (apps aren’t always right, though!), make sure you ask why and bring up that your app said otherwise. They’re really great at answering questions and taking things into consideration!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were so sweet and definitely made an effort to break any awkwardness. They always made sure they spoke within their own level of competency and told us what questions were more applicable for Dr. Conway.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.
Pleasant Grove
I have only ever met with [Dr. Deirdre Conway] once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory... meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
Wait time is very short [at Utah Fertility Center]!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work...Go with lots of questions and make sure to get clear instructions before leaving the clinic. Sometimes there wasn’t the best communication between the staff. In a couple different situations, after my ultrasound I was supposed to receive further instructions, but all the front desk lady did was make my next appointment. I then found out at my next appointment I was taking the medication wrong
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only ever met with Dr. Conway once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory.
I have a hard time reading Stephanie Morgan. I have met with her every time I’ve gone to the clinic. She doesn’t state her authority, so I sometimes don’t know if that’s her not being knowledgable about the situation, or just her personality.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Wait time is very short!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
I have not received any bills yet. My insurance covers it so I hope it won’t be too much!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I have never once been given instructions on how to administer shots. They have just been given to me, and I have had to look up directions online. I also didn’t receive instructions on how to take medication, and my prescription said something different than how I was supposed to take it.
Idaho Falls
[Dr. Deirdre Conway] is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office...after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more...helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
I don’t see this as a weakness but [Utah Fertility Center offices] are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs...She [nurse] always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
Listen to her and be open about anything and everything! Trust her!
We actually went to a specialist before Dr.Conway and we left like we left with no answers or no plan. Then after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more.
She gave us a paper mapping out all of the dates and times that we could try different things. She always had a plan and made sure we understood the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I worked closing with her RN Leslie )
She always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t see this as a weakness but are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs.
We had to pay out of pocket but and it is difficult but when you are taken good care of it makes it ok.
Treated 2018 - 2019
My husband and I met with Dr. Conway for the initial consultation and really liked her. She was kind, compassionate, straightforward, answered all of our questions clearly, and came across as someone who genuinely cared about our successful outcome. All of our treatments so far have been performed by nurses so I really only have that one appointment to evaluate Dr. Conway on.... When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF.
UFC is a very well-run clinic. I almost never have to wait for more than a few minutes for any of my appointments and they are typically pretty quick appointments. I will say that sometimes it almost feels too efficient, like they are trying to get as many people through as quickly as they possibly can. Maybe that speaks more to their popularity than anything though? Overall it's a nice, clean, friendly fertility clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Go into the appointment with the knowledge that there is a lot of information coming your way so it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
For the most part, I feel like the staff at UFC really cares for me and my successful outcome. However, there have been times where it felt like I was just one more patient on the conveyer belt - going through the same motions as the many other women receiving the same treatments. There was one point where our insemination appointment was 1/2 hour behind, and the nurse explained the delay as "doing something for Dr. Conway." It bothered us to feel like our time and treatment wasn't as important as whatever else they had going on. I think patients should always be number one.
When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF. We decided on IUI with the understanding we'd try it 3-4 times before moving to IVF. My first IUI cycle went like this: I had my baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle, took femara on days 3-8 of my cycle, came in for a follow-up ultrasound on day 12, and then was told I'd be ready for the trigger shot the following night. I took the trigger shot on Friday night (day 14) and went in for the insemination 36 hours later. This was unsuccessful. Round two started off similar: went in for baseline on day 3, started Femara that night, went back on day 12 for monitoring, was told I wasn't ready so I was told to take Femara again, then came back about four days later. At that point I was told I might have already ovulated or was about to so they did bloodwork. I was called later and told I was about to ovulate so they did the insemination without trigger shot the next afternoon. It was negative. The third IUI cycle went basically the same as the first one. Again, a negative result.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses have all been very kind and knowledgable. I would say some are more gentle and experienced than others, but overall I have been completely happy with their care.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Conway cost $230. Each cycle of IUI costs $875, plus around $175 for the associated fertility drugs (Femara, trigger shot, and progesterone - not purchased through UFC). I have also spent several hundred dollars on bloodwork - genetic testing, pregnancy tests, hormone testing, etc.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Conway is very good making me feel comfortable and explain things in a way I could understand. She really cares about the patients and wants to help you succeed. She does split time between the Idaho and Utah centers so I haven't see her every time.... We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.... I think for the timed intercourse treatment at the clinic was $530. Then some medication had to be ordered from a special pharmacy and that was around $300. The other medication I could get from my local pharmacy and it was around $250.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make the appointment! I know it can be hard and you don't want to be let down again but make the appointment. Let Dr Conway help you figure things out.
I felt like all the staff were caring and really made an effort to use my name and were willing to help.
We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara. I also had two do two injections of Pregnyl. Finally I had two follicles that were big enough. I did a trigger shot and then we we're to have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after. I then had to use a progesterone supository to help with my lining. I thing went in 2 weeks later for a blood test. It came back negative. So we are starting over again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses are great!! They always use my name and ask how I am doing. Very friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.
Idaho Falls
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF... The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion
The only times I didn't receive quick response [from Utah Fertility Center] were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate).
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF (we had done some testing with other clinics, and she tested some other things that could be problematic, such as sperm fragmentation). I appreciated her willingness to cater the protocol to our specific circumstance. The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion about the timing of our retrieval (we were told that we were not ready for an egg retrieval based on my estrogen levels, but in our follow-up meeting it sounds like we could have gone ahead a day or two earlier - they were just trying to get as many eggs as possible, which was not as important to me as quality).
Make sure you understand what kind of contact you'll have with her during the IVF process. Ask what options there are for getting in touch with her if you feel your questions need to be addressed personally rather than through a third party.
I felt like Dr. Conway really was interested in learning our background. She made decisions for our treatment based on our history.
She put me on estrogen rather than birth control to suppress my ovaries in hopes that it would improve egg quality. She also put me on some optional medications to try and improve egg quality: HGH (growth hormone), testosterone cream, and dexamethasone. For the stimulation protocol I started with 2 powders of Menopur and 225 units of Gonal-F (this was increased after my first ultrasound). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she wanted a high enough dose to get plenty of eggs, but not too high that egg quality would be compromised. I had 8 eggs retrieved and fertilized, but unfortunately none of the embryos developed past day 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
I'm not sure if she was just dealing with something personal during my cycle (she was out of the office many days through my cycle), but Mallory was not great at following up on emails/requests from Dr. Conway to contact me (I had to contact her on at least two occasions after Dr. Conway said she would have Mallory contact me). She also didn't order enough injection supplies from the pharmacy so I had to have them send more. That being said, Mallory was very nice to work with in person (the couple of times I met with her). I really just felt like she was not right on top of my care like a previous IVF coordinator I worked with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I read some reviews that mentioned problems with the front desk staff (at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove locations) and I can only say that my experience with all of them was great. The only times I didn't receive quick response were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate). I thought it was kind of impersonal that the lab called directly with the results of the embryos rather than the IVF coordinator. I guess it streamlines things a bit, but I'd rather have had an email than a phone call from a complete stranger (different person each time too). Dr. Conway did call on day 5 to confirm that our embryos had stop developing (which was appreciated).
The IVF procedure (with ICSI, and freeze-all) was just under $12,000. I spent nearly $6,000 on medications (this included HGH which was well over $1,000). Each appointment with Dr. Conway was over $100 and billed to insurance (unfortunately my insurance only reduced the cost a few dollars).
Murray
Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.
Treated 2013 - 2019
The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her [Dr. Conway] as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us. ... We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion. ... One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is great with people. She is patient and sometbing i really appreciated is that if the cycle didn’t work she tried her best to rectify the situation by either offering a big discount on the next cycle or offering solutions. There were times when I honestly was wondering why didn’t we try this test or that test earlier? I felt like it was a bunch of guesses as to why I wasn’t getting pregnant and then we would do some testing afterwards. The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us.
Don’t be afraid to say what you would like to see happen with your treatment or any concerns you have and be up front. She will listen and is open to suggestions.
She’s so friendly and easy to talk to. She is great at listening to concerns and validates you.
The first cycle of treatment we used metformin. We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive. It’s been so long since we first started that i honestly can’t even remember. We have done so much stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: morgan, Lacey (currently) and one more that i can’t remember )
most of the nursing staff was so great! One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion.
It was very expensive. That’s all i know. after doing two retrieval’s and many transfers and multiple surgeries. Over 30,000.
I think that her approach is correct and i feel comfortable with it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just with one coordinator who was not on her game. Other than that they are very on top of it.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her.... She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer...answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared...She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer...When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
The lobby [at Utah Fertility Center] isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring...Lacy [nurse] has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend...$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is a gentle person. So understanding of our pain and grief. She brought back hope to our journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to help us through our Ivf. She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer. She contacted us personally during the journey and made sure that the clinic took care of us during that. When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
Make sure you have your list of questions and don’t be afraid to ask all of them.
Dr. Conway answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared.
After our first meeting with Dr. Conway she had use meet with a infertility urologist to see if a micro was needed. During that appointment we found cancer. We are taking care of that then we will do ivf with the sperm we were able to bank before treatment. We use icsi. We will do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacy)
Lacy has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There is a lot of tile in the lobby. The lobby isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring.
$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm. Those are all our cost so far. We are planning on about 15k for ivf
She told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They told me they were able to come and pick up the specimen from the micro tese. They were did not send someone and I had to leave my husband during post op to take the specimen to their clinic 30 minutes away.
Treated 2015 - 2019
I loved Dr. Conway! She was such an amazing doctor and always so willing to help get me through this less than ideal situation that my husband and I were facing. She always was so kind and patient in explaining everything and helping make this situation less scary and intimidating. I recommend her to anybody that I know who is struggling with infertility. I cried the day I ‘graduated’ from seeing her and went to my regular OB.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center... I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500.... But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises.
Nothing
I bled off and on almost my entire first trimester, which is scary after you’ve finally gotten pregnant after so many failed attempts. Whenever I would call in panicked, they would reassure me and see me just to put my mind at ease.
I don’t remember a ton of specifics but I do remember I was on lupron. They did also suggest doing coq10 because there were studies that it was linked to better embryo quality and we had 2 perfect embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Just like dr Conway the nursing staff was incredibly kind and compassionate! Loved working with them!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center and am so blessed to have gone there!
I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500. As everyone knows fertility treatments are expensive and mostly not covered by insurance, which is a bummer. But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises. The only thing was they didn’t inform me that I would be continuing on progesterone my entire first trimester (which at 1000 every 1 or 2 weeks- I can’t remember exactly- that would have been nice to know upfront)