Medical SchoolU. of Pittsburgh
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Deirdre Conway to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
Doctor Nps Text Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Idaho Falls
Ask her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment...She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle...we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion...you don’t end up having much direct contact with her....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers...we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic....Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Murray
She [Dr. Conway] thoroughly explained everything in detail before and during treatments and the office would call to check up on me if they hadn’t heard from me in a while... She explained everything in detail in or first initial meeting telling me what was going on with my body and thoroughly explained it, and told me the first route we were going to take, and if that didn’t work the next route and explained a few to me and made me feel like she could get me pregnant.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very kind, and made me feel comfortable and like she could help me. She explained everything in detail in or first initial meeting telling me what was going on with my body and thoroughly explained it, and told me the first route we were going to take, and if that didn’t work the next route and explained a few to me and made me feel like she could get me pregnant.
Go in with questions. She will answer all of them.
She thoroughly explained everything in detail before and during treatments and the office would call to check up on me if they hadn’t heard from me in a while
First we tried femara to get me to ovulate and that didn’t work so then we tried femara and a steroid which still didn’t work. So then they switched me to clomid because maybe my body just didn’t like femara. That still didn’t work but they wanted to start a new period so that we could start over and fresh. So they gave me provera to start a period which didn’t end up working so currently they have me on 2 weeks of birth control to start a period
They wee always kind and considerate to me. One day I had to have blood drawn and didn’t know it so I wasn’t hydrated and it took 3 nurses working together to get blood out of me and they were all very kind about it and talked to me like a normal person just having a conversation. And they are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everyone there is very kind and ready and willing to help on the trying to conceive journey. I wish I saw dr Conway more. I’ve only met her once for my first appointment but they have a very competent staff working there for her.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Sometimes I didn’t know exactly what the diagnosis was in the beginning [with Dr. Conway]. I was just a little confused as to what was wrong and sometimes I still am,especially after multiple failed transfers. She has great bed side manner and has been one of my favorite doctors. I feel comfortable with her and expressing my frustration or sadness... I would recommend her to others even though we haven’t gotten the desired results we would like.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Sometimes I didn’t know exactly what the diagnosis was in the beginning. I was just a little confused as to what was wrong and sometimes I still am,especially after multiple failed transfers. She has great bed side manner and has been one of my favorite doctors. I feel comfortable with her and expressing my frustration or sadness.
It’s expensive and to be prepared for it. I would recommend her to others even though we haven’t gotten the desired results we would like.
She spent time with me. She was understanding, and empathetic to our situation. She gave us financial help.
First cycle we used metformin, injectables which were menopure, progesterone, and one other med. not sure of doses. It yielded 2 embryos at the end of the cycle and both were transferred and both were not successful. I think the second egg retrieval round we were a little more aggressive with making sure my ovaries were growing more eggs and also retrieved about 29 eggs as opposed to 16 which was the first time. Protocol did change. Though the second transfer for Ivf did not work, the protocol stayed the same and then I had a successful transfer for #3 that resulted in a live birth. Protocol stayed the same for the FET number 4. Which was birth control, estradiol in a shot form, and progesterone in oil (shot) successful pregnancy with twins and miscarried at 8 weeks. Ivf 5 did change in terms of one med. which was estradiol as a oral medication vs an injection. This transfer was not successful though ultrasounds and blood work looked good they said.
Some of the nurses were kind and so friendly. Others just didn’t have that ability or you could tell it didn’t come as naturally. They were usually pretty organized but hard to get a hold of due to how busy the clinic was some days.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Front desk ladies could maybe use a little more smiling or just customer service in general. They were pretty quiet most times. I felt like the front of the clinic like waiting room and front desk was not as friendly as it was when you went back and saw the actual nurses and doctors. There was a little bit of a disconnect. The doctors and most nurses had much better bed side manner.
Usually full price was expected on day of baseline ultrasound. After two full egg retrieval’s and thousands of dollars spent in FET we were offered 50 percent off last two cycles.
Yes she educated me on the trade offs saying one embryo vs two is not much of a difference in success rates. 4%? We would transfer one or multiple depending on how good the embryos looked after dethaw. Usually it didn’t seem to make a difference in success and I’m not sure what approach is best knowing each time I have transferred one embryo is has never resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] was detailed. She was very kind and soft. She didn't rush the appointment and I felt like she cared about me and getting me the results I want. Whenever I asked a question she readily and happily answered. I never felt like she was irritated by all my questions. That was really important to me. She took the time to ask me questions and get to know not only me but also my husband.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was detailed. She was very kind and soft. She didn't rush the appointment and I felt like she cared about me and getting me the results I want. Whenever I asked a question she readily and happily answered. I never felt like she was irritated by all my questions. That was really important to me. She took the time to ask me questions and get to know not only me but also my husband.
Ask as many questions as you can.
I felt more like a human. She talked me through the whole process of what she wants to do for me. She explained things in detail and didn't expect me to know everything already. She answered my questions without hesitation.
We met with her in her office at first to get to know each other and our history so she can know what to plan for and what to expect. She took blood to do a blood panel. When results came back she was very prompt in letting me know and changing the course if need be immediately. I felt that things got done pretty fast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I wish I could remember her name! I LOVE HER!! My veins are really hard to take blood from and she is THE BEST at it! I have so much anxiety and she helps me feel calm. She lets me lie down when I get my blood drawn because I have low blood pressure. She explains everything to me as it is happening and answers all my questions. Their old secondary nurse/receptionist was not nice at all. I did not like her, but since going back they have changed staff and I love all of them. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very calming. Welcoming. Treats and drink are provided. Music is always playing. It feels a lot like a home, which is so nice. It really puts my anxiety at ease. There are chairs around the office to sit in when needed. They welcome husbands which is so nice.
I would receive the bills for the blood draws and the ultrasounds and initial consultation from them. But everything else was from the respective companies or clinics.
No comments.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I do wish my pcos was more addressed to my protocol [with Dr. Deirdre Conway] before starting IVF. We only could afford doing it once and after it had failed I got a second opinion that I should have done it differently with having pcos. So I wish I wasn't put on the same protocol that they start everyone out on to see how it works for me... And she was great I don't have any complaints about her I guess I just wish that my case might have been handled a little differently that might have been better results. But she's very caring and she's definitely a great people person and a really good bedside manner!
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I do wish my pcos was more addressed to my protocol before starting IVF. We only could afford doing it once and after it had failed I got a second opinion that I should have done it differently with having pcos. So I wish I wasn't put on the same protocol that they start everyone out on to see how it works for me. Nothing against her as a person or doctor I know she's doing the best job that she knows how with experience. She was really nice and listened to me I just didn't know what I know now and I am grateful we have answered from our IVF. And she was great I don't have any complaints about her I guess I just wish that my case might have been handled a little differently that might have been better results. But she's very caring and she's definitely a great people person and a really good bedside manner!
Do your research any and all questions that you have she's really good at answering every single one of them so that you'll feel comfortable with your protocol and why is she would like to do certain things and not do others as others have done but it does help knowing the reasons why and how she's going to approach your treatment so you feel good about it but if you would like to add something to your treatment definitely ask for it.
She was really nice! She really wanted to help.
I'm sorry I do not remember my dosages right now I did use gonal F and menopur and cetrotide. She put me on the dosage that she kind of starts everyone out on and then how I react to it she'll lower it or increase it. I stayed through my monitoring the same never went up or down in my medications. The 10th day is usually normal for an egg retrieval but I got mine done a day sooner because how my ultrasound went and got it done at day 9. They counted a lot of follicles in each of my ovaries and I was supposed to respond that way because I have a lot of eggs but I only had 9 eggs. The rest were just empty and she was surprised at the low number. 3 of them made it to day 5 but all were behind. We still tried transferring 2 and then the third one we had didn't make it to day 6. And my test results was negative. She from that point diagnose me with poor egg quality but after that experience I did get a second opinion from another Dr. saying that my age and everything I shouldn't have poor egg quality but I should have been on a lower dosage for a longer amount of time to address my PCOS and have better quality eggs that might've been able to have healthy embryos to try and implant. But we all didn't know I was going to react that way so there's no one to blame or anything like that it is frustrating though.
The nursing staff was great and I don't know if this is in all clinics or what the organization is but it would be really nice at these clinics if they knew why you were coming in for that particular blood draw. Just to kind of ask how we're doing or know that this blood draws is huge for us like the pregnancy test one. It would be nice if they were a little more informed on sensitive cases and could be a little bit more personal with you.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I really do love this clinic in Pleasant Grove it is beautifully constructed very nice sculptures and paintings in the waiting room. Very clean and pleasant. They're very organized, lots of cute baby pictures on the wall when you walk into the back, it helps you to be hopeful. Their ratings are really good and I did have a really good experience with them. They're all very professional and nice.
I know my IVF cost 10,000 something? I don't have the right number but that included monitoring and blood draws. I did have to pay an additional 1,500 for icis? I know I might have those four letters wrong but it's where they help the sperm in plant into the egg. And then $750 to freeze and take care of the embryos but I got that refunded since none of mine made it. And then 400 for the anesthesiologist.
She did explain very well she was very strong with only transferring one but at the end because of how poor quality they were and there wasn't that many she said that at that point she usually does two because of the results and we did end up doing two. I did want to do two from the beginning no matter how many we got or not but she was very against that but would do it if I really told her I wanted it but she was very persistent on only transferring one which I understood why and the numbers and everything but in the end we still do transfer 2 but they did not take.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
From the start Dr. Conway read my past chart notes she was very up to date and knowledgeable about what we had already done. She is always sure to never let you leave without knowing exactly what the next step is.... I did see the nursing staff more than Dr. Conway, but I was totally comfortable with them.... I love how much she educated us, we were always told what she thought, but ultimately it was up to is as patients to have the final decision in what we did.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Conway and her staff!! Amberlie was my IVF nurse I called her a ton, and she was always so helpful in making sure I had my meds and making sure that I was on track. Dr. Conway is so compassionate I can't say enough about her! She is the best!
Be ready to love her! She is always so understanding. I love how much she educated us, we were always told what she thought, but ultimately it was up to is as patients to have the final decision in what we did.
From the start Dr. Conway read my past chart notes she was very up to date and knowledgeable about what we had already done. She is always sure to never let you leave without knowing exactly what the next step is. I always left having my questions answered.
I started with timed intercourse with injectables, Femara, and Clomid. I was monitored closely with ultrasounds which told us if the meds were doing as they should. We did have 3 failed IUI's and went to IVF. You receive a calendar in prep for your retrieval and IVF cycle. You're assigned your own IVF nurse who is available by phone or email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie )
The staff is always inviting from when you walk in. I did see the nursing staff more than Dr. Conway, but I was totally comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful. At the time we went they held monthly free meetings, meet the doctors, ask questions. That's how we chose our office. They are hard to reach at times during cycles which stressed me out waiting for calls about negative or positive pregnancy tests. After hours is not easy to reach if you miss your results call which is hard when you work.
When I went in there was never a full waiting room. We never felt rushed and we never had to wait long.
We were always sent to the financial coordinator for cost before we did treatment. They do not do payment plans. It's all up front cost. IUI Was about $800 and IVF W/FET was $14k with meds
She said since it's my first baby she did recommend 1 embryo, but she would do 2 at our request. Explained the complications with transferring multiples
Pleasant Grove
I honestly only got to see her [Dr. Conway] a couple times but those couple times she was great and explained the process, what was next, and answered all of my questions and my husbands.... I first went in not knowing why I could not get pregnant. I had an idea of what it could be but after going in and having an ultrasound to look at my ovaries she confirmed that it was PCOS. From there we went over the treatment options and decided to do a timed intercourse treatment and see if that would work.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I honestly only got to see her a couple times but those couple times she was great and explained the process, what was next, and answered all of my questions and my husbands. That was big for my husband since he wanted to feel like he was in the loop and could speak his concerns as well.
I think just to go in with questions ready and open to the different treatment options. She is a great Doctor and will answer any questions and concerns you have.
Every time I went in for a visit I had a great experience. The staff and Dr. Conway were always gentle, up beat, and truly happy to be there and answer any questions I had! Looking back, I loved my experience at Utah Fertility Clinic in Pleasant Grove and wouldn’t change it for anything!
I first went in not knowing why I could not get pregnant. I had an idea of what it could be but after going in and having an ultrasound to look at my ovaries she confirmed that it was PCOS. From there we went over the treatment options and decided to do a timed intercourse treatment and see if that would work. She prescribed me a medication to stimulate a period, clomid to stimulate my ovaries to get follicles to grow and mature. I would go in regularly for ultrasounds to see how the follicles were growing and once I had one or a few good size follicles I was prescribed an HCG shot to trigger the follicle to release which we then followed with timed inter course and progesterone and sometimes another prescription drug to thicken my lining. We tried this a few times with no success and then decided to move forward with IUI. My medications were all the same except we decided to give Famara a try this time instead of clomid to see if it would help with the thickness of my lining and it did! Once the follicles were ready we came in and my husband provided the semen and we waited for that to be ready and we had a nurse do the insemination. We followed the insemination with the progesterone until we got the news that it was successful.
Amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about the nurses that helped me! They were always patient, kind, answered my questions, fun, and positive! I absolutely loved them!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was organized really well. I don’t have any complaints. I never had long wait times to get back. I never felt like I was being rushed to get out. Over all the clinic was smoothly and efficiently run.
We paid an upfront cost. Timed intercourse treatments with ultrasounds included were I think around $600 and IUI cycles were a little over $800.
Pleasant Grove
I felt like she [Dr. Conway] was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her.... Every appointment was rushed, and I never saw my Dr except for retireval and transfer. No one ever knew what was going on. My dr rarely communicated with me and never called me after failed IVF transfers except once. I felt like she just cared if she was getting paid rather than my success.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I felt like she was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her. I never saw her, I never had an explanation of what was happening. I never felt like she really tried to find out what was wrong. After getting a second and third opinion I learned multiple things she did/didn’t do during my treatments were actually harmful and could have majorly affected my chances of conceiving
Get multiple opinions before and tell her exactly what you expect
She was extremely disorganized, would forget to send in the prescription for my meds constantly- or not enough doses which would cause major stress on me once I had none left- she would take days to respond to an email or return a phone call. She was one of the main reasons for stress during my cycles. It seemed like there were always mistakes (like scheduling my transfer when my dr actually couldn’t do it) and then telling me I was with a new dr when my plan only was covered if my dr performed the treatment. There was always stress with her.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weaknesses- they are TERRIBLE at answering their phone/returning calls. They rush you in and out of appointments and they never explained anything. Strengths- They seem to be up to date with their practice. The front desk girl is always kind & their anesthesiologist is the best! One nurse-Chelsey was always so kind and nice and actually seem d like she cared.
Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] was very knowledgeable. She understood my disorder and she listed many routes of treatment. She adjusted the game plan when things were not working and she kept on top of my treatments even when I didn't see her. The communication between her and her nurses was extraordinary.... Drugs and timed intercourse. I had recently finished a round of spironolactone and she did an ultrasound to prove that I had PCOS and she described the disorder in such detail like no other doctor had ever done for me before.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very knowledgeable. She understood my disorder and she listed many routes of treatment. She adjusted the game plan when things were not working and she kept on top of my treatments even when I didn't see her. The communication between her and her nurses was extraordinary.
Don't be scared. She is not the bearer of bad news. She is the light at the end of the tunnel. Never once did I feel like she didn't know what she was doing. She is fully in control over this body of mine that is completely out of control.
She listened to me as an individual and us as a couple. She asked a lot of questions and listened to concerns with empathy. She was direct in her method of treatment and provided full explanation. She was clear about my part in our fertility journey too. She made me feel like my body not working right was not my fault and she assured me it was something we could conquer together.
We started at the basic level. Drugs and timed intercourse. I had recently finished a round of spironolactone and she did an ultrasound to prove that I had PCOS and she described the disorder in such detail like no other doctor had ever done for me before. We started with clomid and progesterone to try to get me to ovulate and start obtaining fresh eggs. I would undergo ultrasounds to check my eggs for fertilization to make sure we could time things correctly for my body.
They were always friendly and supportive. They understand when you cannot afford treatment and call in every few months to check up on you so that you know you are not forgotten. They educate you on what is going on and why. The are sensitive to the uncomfortable nature of ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very clean and open facilities. The ultrasound rooms that usually are clinical are very homie and comfortable. The atmosphere is supportive and nurturing and full of hope. I never encountered frustration from nurses. I had a hard time giving blood and they told me to go home and get hydrated and come in at MY convenience and they would take my blood then. They were willing to work with my pharmacy when I asked and they were great about appointment reminders!
Because I had so many ultrasounds due to my body not responding right to the medication. I spent about $1400 in 3 months
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Conway] was organized and I appreciated that she explained everything she could think of relating to my treatments...She answered all of our questions honestly and fully, in a way we understood. She was empathetic and always spoke kindly...we would have to wait a bit to get in a visit because her schedule was so full. It wasn't a deal breaker and we never felt like we were being rushed when we did get to our appointments...She handled everything better than we could have hoped for.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Doctor Conway was friendly and patient from our first visit to our last visit. She was organized and I appreciated that she explained everything she could think of relating to my treatments. I always felt that she was honest and wouldn't suggest that we do something she wouldn't feel comfortable doing herself if she was in our position. She answered all of our questions honestly and fully, in a way we understood. She was empathetic and always spoke kindly. She met with us in person when I felt like it was beneficial (follow-up after a failed treatment, next steps, etc.). I think the only difficult thing at times was scheduling - we would have to wait a bit to get in a visit because her schedule was so full. It wasn't a deal breaker and we never felt like we were being rushed when we did get to our appointments. Just one of those things when you're going through this, a day can seem like forever. But we always knew that we would be able to get our questions answered if we needed them. I just wish all of my doctors could be like her, especially when dealing with things related to parenthood. She handled everything better than we could have hoped for.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
She remembered the details related to my treatments, she was kind and I always felt that she was honest. She was empathetic and compassionate, never pushed me to do anything I didn't feel comfortable with. I felt that she gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. I was always able to get answers to questions or information about my treatment. She was kind and honest.
Started with timed intercourse cycles. We chose to do three (Dr. Conway made it clear we could chose to move on to a different type of treatment at any time). I took Clomid, went in for ultrasounds and blood tests once in a while to see how my eggs were growing. Since the three cycles didn't work, moved on to an IUI since my husband had a low sperm count and the timed intercourse cycles didn't work (this was also a cheaper option than IVF so we wanted to try it). After one failed attempt, Dr. Conway suggested we do an IVF since it was unlikely that another IUI would work (would save us time, money, and emotion). She suggested I just do an egg retrieval and then freeze them, so I could do frozen embryo transfers - this would allow my body's hormones to normalize after the retrieval and hopefully make it more receptive to a transfer. It would also be cheaper and I would be able to use the frozen embryos if I wanted to have more than one child in the future. Took all the "normal" injections and meds for an IVF (Gonal-F, HSG, and some others I can't remember). Retrieved a ton of eggs (about 65). Ended up with 14 embryos. Did my first FET at the end of January. Medication for FET (all 3) included: Estradiol Valerate, Progesterone in Oil, Progesterone Suppositories. I also started taking Baby Aspirin. I had been taking Metformin since going to an OBGYN for some "initial" fertility treatments. First FET ended up being a chemical pregnancy. Dr. Conway said that we would be able to do another transfer as soon as I had my period and took a certain amount of the medication. Did the next cycle in March, ended in a miscarriage. Sent in the products of conception for genetic testing (Dr. Conway and nurses suggested we do this to see if they could tell us why the miscarriage happened). When results came back of chromosomal abnormality, Dr. Conway suggested we do genetic testing on all the embryos since someone my and my husband's age with our health conditions shouldn't be having this many issues. Allowed us to use a favor she had with a friend to get all of our embryo testing done for free (so grateful!). Results came back that half of the remaining embryos were genetically abnormal (left us with 5 genetically "normal" embryos). Did one more transfer at the end of July that resulted in a singleton pregnancy and I just "graduated" from the clinic today!
The nursing staff was so wonderful! They were all so kind and patient, especially with all the questions I had. They were very compassionate and I never felt like they were judgmental at all (fertility in general is a pretty touchy subject, but they handled it beautifully). They were very knowledgeable and I always felt that their condolences and congratulations were sincere. Appreciated knowing that I would be treated well and kindly, and that anyone who helped me would do a wonderful job and be able to explain what was going on.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Really nice building, inside and out - clean, bright, open, friendly. In a convenient location but not in a super busy area that you have to be really worried about someone you know seeing you if you're trying to keep your business private.
Timed intercourse cycle ended up being maybe around $5 of Clomid (insurance covered most of it) and the cost of ultrasounds (about $600/cycle) and blood tests (around $50/per test). IUI was about $600 for ultrasounds and I think around $800 for the actual IUI (insurance didn't cover either). Egg retrieval was about $300 for all my medication and my insurance covered the entire egg retrieval process. My first FET was covered by my insurance. Subsequent FETs were about $2700 each. Genetic testing for products of conception is still pending. Genetic testing of embryos (clinic's side - embryo defrost, biopsy, transfer) was about $3000, and the testing itself was free (thanks to Dr. Conway).
Dr. Conway strongly suggested we just do a single embryo transfer because of my age, health, health of the embryos, lower risk of a singleton pregnancy (my health, babies' health, cost, etc.). I appreciated that she told us this because it was very tempting to transfer two embryos in hope for twins, but now as reality sets in that would have been very difficult. She always, always let us know that it was our choice to decide how many embryos we wanted to transfer though. Never pressured us, just gave us her opinion and advice (which we chose to follow), but I appreciated that she didn't come off judgmental and that her top priority was my health and safety and the health and safety of the baby/babies.
Pleasant Grove
Dr Conway is very compassionate. After we had a failed ivf, we got in with her the next day. She was so positive and made us really hopefully with what the next steps would be. The only thing that put a sour taste in my mouth was during that visit she suggested I get a test done to see if that's why our ivf didn't work. Turns out I had what they tested for. I just wish she would have suggested to run the test BEFORE we did our transfer. That's the only thing that has "gone wrong" in our experience with Dr Conway.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Be very open with your concerns. She will calm you down or validate you, and get you what you are asking for.
Dr Conway herself always made me feel like I was important and was always so kind! Just a few of the nurses on her staff are a little cold. Not enough for me to complain, but just enough for me to feel a little awkward.
Everything about our ivf was pretty standard procedure. I didn't have any negative side effects, and everything went smoothly. I did have icsi done, because Dr Conway said since we have unexplained it's better to be safe than sorry. Which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
There were a lot of miscommunication when I did my first ivf partially with the nursing staff. They would tell me one thing and I'd hear another thing from care coordinator. I think some of it was probably my fault, because I had a lot on my mind, but I think it's important that they realize that most of their patients are under a lot of stress. Okay all of their patients are! Other than that they were always really friendly and could usually answer all of my questions... If they answered the phone.. Ha!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah fertility center has a lot of patients. That being said, I'd only go here if you're comfortable asking questions and remembering what you're supposed to do, when you're supposed to do it. They don't have people check on you, if you have a question you kind of have to track them down to get it answered. Everyone that works here is really nice though! They are just a little busy.
The cost of ivf was around 12 or 13 thousand. Our FET that we are currently doing is 2,900 not including medication.
At the beginning Dr Conway urged us to only do a single embryo transfer. She talked about the risks of multiples and also the financial side of multiples as well. As more of our embryos started to die off, she started leaning more to the 2 embryo transfer. I appreciated that she judged on a case by case basis. She won't just tell everyone to do the exact same thing.
2014 - 2017
She was very sincere in her sympathy for my situation. When she told me that I will likely never get pregnant without a doner egg she cried with me. She is very knowledgeable with what she does but also has an incredible bedside manner.... So the third cycle we went with the most minimal and gentle dose. We had high expectations with one egg and it ended up not sticking. We are thinking the only viable option at this point is to do a donor egg.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I started at another clinic and had a terrible experience so I was not expecting much. She was very good at explaining things and allowing hope but not over promising things. I did not get the outcome she or I wanted but I felt her love and concern for me in my situation.
Trust her and know she will work hard to get you he results you want.
The first cycle was just a normal cycle. Based on those results she thought I might need to increase my meds for a higher chance of getting more eggs. We learned from that cycle that it was not good for my eggs and none of them survived the harsh drugs. So the third cycle we went with the most minimal and gentle dose. We had high expectations with one egg and it ended up not sticking. We are thinking the only viable option at this point is to do a donor egg. All of this was explained very well and I am aware of what is going on with my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tawna, Amber Lee)
Very good at her job. Explained everything well, was good at rescheduling quickly, easy to get ahold of. She was very kind.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Friendly staff, helpful and works hard to get your questions answered. They do a good jobs at trying to remember you and have meaningful conversations with you. They are sympathetic to your feelings and what you are going through.
I think the first time around it was 15,000 with meds, the second time there was a discount so it was around 13-14,000 with meds and then since there was no transfer they sent me a little refund which was nice. The only complaint I have is the 3rd cycle if all others were not successful was supposed to be “free” when we went in to start it they said it would be 4- 5,000 +meds. Nothing about 4-5,000 is free to me. The last cycle ended up being around 10,000. I loved all the staff but the financial side of it kind of made me upset.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway is lovely. She is informative and compassionate. She is ready to do what needs to be done. Confident and smart....With PCOS, my follicles have a hard time maturing and developing eggs. She has started me on what is called medication and timed intercourse. I take Clomid. The Clomid has not produced the desired results therefore my game plan adjusted to injections and added meds. The best thing about this all is it gets taken care of same day or the next day. They do not waste important time and windows to get pregnant. I know when something isnt working, something will be done to help.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is lovely. She is informative and compassionate. She is ready to do what needs to be done. Confident and smart. Her nursing staff is supportive, friendly and well informed. Everyone in this facility from the front desk to the Dr. are all well informed and fully capable. I love this office.
Ask her any and all questions you have. Go in with a list of questions. Most of your time will be spent in the hands of the staff so get everything you can out of your visit with her. She is on her game.
She was open and informative. She looked us in the eye and smiled. She let us know what her plan is, what she knows about our condition and made me feel like she knows what she is doing and I am right where I need to be.
Love this staff! So on top of things, and compassionate. They are just as informative as the doctor and they do not waste any time.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic is beautiful. You feel like you are where you need to be. I have yet to discover a weakness. Money is always scary so maybe a financial consultation is good. I was informed after I went to UFC that they do have a class that informs you about the cost and process of it all before a consult and I would reccomend this to people just to alleviate feeling overwhelmed with information.
I have spent $2000 out of pocket in just 2 months. This is starting to make me think I cannot afford treatment for long. There has not been financial aid duscussed with me so I assume they have none.
We have not discussed this yet.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway was and is extremely open and candid about the whole experience. She explains things so that they are easy to understand....Though I don't see dr. Conway very often, I communicate with her via her nurses and staff. I absolutely love how willing she is to listen to me and try something new if it's not working. She reviews each patient on a case by case basis, and is willing to try more or less, if she sees fit. I have had an excellent experience with her!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Just be prepared to fall in love with your doctor and then only communicate with her through her staff.
I was on clomid for 3 months, then femara for 3 months, which didn't result in pregnancy. For our IUI's, we did the typical protocol (1 gonal f & 1 trigger shot). When that didn't work, we upped the dosage.
I work with the nursing staff more than Dr. Conway. Most people warned me to expect to not get a response when I call. But I can confidently say that the nursing staff has been EXCELLENT to work with. They are extremely organized and call me back within 1 business day when I have any questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
STRENGTH: treating each individual differently. At the last fertility clinic I was a patient at, they did the same thing with every patient, which was really frustrating. UFC takes into consideration what your body is doing, what it should do, and alters the treatment from there. Weaknesses: it really is hard never communicating with your doctor. I believe it's because of the high volume she sees, but once/month check in would be nice! I don't have too many suggestions on how to improve. I love UFC!
$250 consultation $875 per IUI $100 per gonal f Ultrasounds, blood work, and pregnancy test all covered through my insurance.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Conway was really great at communicating the initial diagnosis, and later the treatment plan. At the initial visit she drew diagrams of what she thought was happening with my PCOS and what we would probably see on the ultrasounds. She was very knowledgeable and she took the time to explain everything. I never felt rushed when meeting with her...At the follow up appointment after we had found out my tubes were blocked, Dr. Conway very patiently outlined IVF treatment plan. The news was really upsetting, but Dr. Conway helped my husband and me to feel that we weren't alone on this journey.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway and her NP, Anne-Marie, always made me feel like a person. They were both so patient and took time to explain everything. At the follow up appointment after we had found out my tubes were blocked, Dr. Conway very patiently outlined IVF treatment plan. The news was really upsetting, but Dr. Conway helped my husband and me to feel that we weren't alone on this journey.
I really liked Dr. Conway, but I felt that her nursing staff was slow to respond to questions or inquires and when they did respond it was brisk and as short as possible. I felt that there were a number of times that treatment details were intercommunicated or appointments were scheduled at the wrong facility.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think the Utah Fertility Clinic really has great doctors and nurse practitioners. I found the support staff- the nurses, front desk, and financial coordinator, to be less than great. We are currently saving for IVF, when we have met our savings goal and are ready to pursue treatment again I'm not sure that it will be with UFC and Dr. Conway because of the support staff. Every time I was in the office they tried to collect money for treatments that I had already paid for, I was so glad that I kept all of my receipts.
2012 - 2016
I think her [Dr Deirdre Conway] greatest strength is that she cares about her patients and not just about making money. She has personally called me after hours a couple of times. One time I had to have tube removal surgery after an ectopic pregnancy, and she called me the next night from home to see how I was doing. Her greatest weakness in my opinion is that she gets distracted easily. She has so many patients and so much going on that she sometimes forgets things.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I always felt like she tried to do what was best for us. I think her greatest strength is that she cares about her patients and not just about making money. She has personally called me after hours a couple of times. One time I had to have tube removal surgery after an ectopic pregnancy, and she called me the next night from home to see how I was doing. Her greatest weakness in my opinion is that she gets distracted easily. She has so many patients and so much going on that she sometimes forgets things.
Most of your care will be with the staff and not the doctor. If you want to have a relationship with Dr. Conway, then you have to make the effort.
She was really personable with me. She always remembered who I was an my circumstances. After our first child was born, when we went back to the clinic, she always asked me how he was doing by name. She has never made me feel like a number, but some of the staff of the clinic definitely makes me feel like a number.
In our initial consult, she recommended IUI because my husband had a low sperm count (just on the low side of normal). We did testing to see if there were any issues with me and we found nothing. So we went forward with IUIs. I was put on clomid even though I was ovulating regularly so that we would have more follicles and a higher chance of getting pregnant from those IUIs. Then my husband's numbers were really low with each of our 3 IUIs (we also had one cycle that turned into a timed intercourse because it was a holiday). All four of those cycles ended in a negative pregnancy test. We were then advised to move on to IVF with ISCI because she believed fertilization was our issue. We did the IVF and had 12 eggs. 10 were mature and all 10 fertilized. 7 made it to day 5 and we transferred 1 which resulted in a live singleton birth 9 months later. Later we went back and did a frozen embryo transfer where we transferred 1 embryo, got pregnant, and had a baby with no heartbeat at the 7 week ultrasound and then I had a D&C so we could try again soon and get the embryo tested. Everything came back normal. The doctor said she was pretty sure it was a genetic problem with the embryo that they just didn't find, and said we were fine to do another transfer as soon as we were ready. We waited one cycle and then did another FET cycle. The doctor recommended one embryo again, but we decided to do 2 just in case there was another genetic problem. That cycle ended up in an ectopic pregnancy and a tube removal surgery. Now we are waiting to do our next cycle soon.
My IVF coordinator, Amberlie, was not very compassionate and didn't listen to me very well. I asked to be switched to a different coordinator after she was kind of rude to me when I suspected I had an ectopic pregnancy. She was very organized. My main nurse, Shelby, is wonderful. I started telling her that I only wanted her to call me instead of Amberlie. Shelby was very compassionate and always remembered exactly who I was.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My biggest complaint is that the nurses never answer the phone! You have to leave a message and sometimes they don't call you back for hours. I think their biggest strength is that they have good doctors and high success rates.
Our ultrasounds and IUIs were partially covered by insurance. But the cost billed was $192 every time we had an ultrasound and the IUIs were about $200 plus medication costs. Our IVF with ISCI was $9600 plus medication and a few ultrasounds we had after we got pregnant. Our FETs were $2,700 plus medication. Blood draws we extra for everything as well.
Pleasant Grove
Doctor Conway was very knowledgeable about infertility and was good at explaining what going on. She even drew pictures of what she thought the problem was so that we could understand better. She was friendly and really gave us hope that we would be able to conceive. We hope to eventually continue tx with her if we can save up enough money for IVF...We had 3 cycles of timed intercourse. I took clomid each time, on the 2nd cycle she upped my dose to make eggs grow faster.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She will give you a lot of information. You probably want to take notes!
Clinic and doctor were great at remembering who I am and details my situation.
We had 3 cycles of timed intercourse. I took clomid each time, on the 2nd cycle she upped my dose to make eggs grow faster. I was given a trigger shot to make me ovulate and then had instructions on when to participate in intervourse. We had 3 cycles of IUI. I took clomid each time and was given a trigger shot to make me ovulate. The thought with both tx is that I wasn't ovulating and if I ovulate I would become pregnant. In the IUI they tried to give the sperm a jump start by putting it right there with the egg.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
Brittany, Alyssa and Janice were all amazing!! They made me feel comfortable, gave encouragement and were friendly and aware of my situation. They were responsive to phone calls and questions and helped with whatever they could.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good location--strength. You occasionally have to drive to Pleasant Grove, because that's where their main office is. That is 45 min away and that is annoying when you specifically picked a doc/clinic close to you--weakness.
$800 per cycle timed intercourse $1200 per cycle IUI $3000 for a hysterososcopy $1000 for water ultrasound $15,000 for 1 IVF/egg harvest or $24,000 if we wanted to try 3 times
We only got the instructions for this because we could not afford the procedure.
Murray
Dr. Conway was very aware and concerned with my well-being. She was the one who called me when treatments had failed, and answered all my questions, and gave me hope...She is a fantastic Dr. The one thing that I didnt love is that I only saw her the first visit, then after that, everything is done by the nurses until the actual procedures. A Nurse Practitioner did my IUI as well but Dr. Conway did my IVF...She made me feel heard, and explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I loved Dr. Conway. She made me feel heard, and explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand. She performed the egg retrieval and the transfer and made me very comfortable, and explained what she was doing. She has great bedside manner.
For IUI, I was put on Femara. Just a pill for a few days. I reacted well and had 4 eggs that were maturing. They told me the risks, but I went ahead with it and didn't get pregnant. For IVF, I reacted strongly to Gonal-F. I almost got hyperstimulated which is why we switched to the freeze-all cycle instead of a fresh transfer. I don't remember my dose but I do remember them lowering it quite a few times due to my high estrogen levels.
They were all very compassionate and did a pretty good job of getting to know their patients.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths - beautiful, comfortable atmosphere with great Dr's and staff. Weaknesses- it does seem like it took them a while to return my phone calls, and get results at times.
They were pretty good about working around my schedule.
I don't remember exactly, but it seems like we paid around $15,000 for the retrieval, ultrasounds, blood draws, transfer, medications, etc. for one round of IVF. The storage fee of frozen embryos is $500 per year.
She strongly recommended we transfer 1. We did the first time, and it didn't work. The second time we transferred 2, and 1 of them worked.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway, still to this day, knows me by name. There was never a time where I had to go over my history again and she wasn’t forgetting pertinent information even if it had been a month or so since I saw her last. She is still available to me to answer questions when I need a professional opinion.... Dr. Conway is a good mix of no-nonsense and that human connection that is needed. I never felt like a number and truly felt like she had my best interests in mind. She provided valuable information when making decisions as far as number of embryos to transfer as well as the right protocol for me.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a good mix of no-nonsense and that human connection that is needed. I never felt like a number and truly felt like she had my best interests in mind. She provided valuable information when making decisions as far as number of embryos to transfer as well as the right protocol for me. She was very clear in her opinion but also let us know that we are a team and will work together for the best results. If I researched something and took that information to her, she didn’t act like I don’t know anything or have a large ego that got I. The way of the doctor/patient relationship. She would listen to what I had to say, offer her opinion based on her education and experience, and allow me to make a choice. I’ve worked with 4 REs over the last 7 years and she has by far been my favorite.
Feel free to speak up. She will listen to your concerns. And if she is advising you one way or the other, she always has your best interest at heart.
Luckily, it only took 2 FETs for me to conceive our second child. So not much needed to be changed in protocol. We did discuss a cycle with Lupron vs one without and ultimately decided to do a no -Lupron cycle with just estrogen priming. My body responded very well to this protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
The only reason I can’t give higher markings for the coordinator is because the person changed from my first FET to my second. And I think that lost some of the rhythm and continuity. Everything went pretty smoothly, but there were some hiccups with the staff switchover.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is an extremely nice clinic that has the right mix of professionalism and feeling like home. Their facilities are top-notch. I loved having the option to go to the statellite office closer to home when available.
FETs at the time we’re $2400 plus the cost of meds. That was 4 years ago now, so it could be different.
I do know that Dr. Conway is a strong proponent of eSET. And I wholeheartedly agree with her. We attempted a SET for my first FET which unfortunately failed. When this happened, even though she believes SETs are best, she allowed us to make the choice of transferring 2. That was the cycle that ended up working. This was one area where I really felt like we worked together to come up with our game plan.
IVF, Donor Eggs
We’ve been seeing Dr Conway off and on for about 4 years. She’s been very kind and fun. I believe she does absolutely everything she can to bring angel babies into peoples lives. She’s been so patient with all questions, and there is a lot of them when struggling with infertility. We love her.... Dr Conway is always very sweet and considerate. She always explained every question we had and made sure we understood.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Just to be patient, there’s a lot of waiting when it comes to getting results from testing. Infertility has a lot to be explained and tests that have to be sent off for results that can take weeks to get results.
Ours was more basic than other due to the fact it was male infertility that was the issue, from a surgery back when my husband was a child. We did do all the testing to make sure I was all good as well, like the dye test and a biopsy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi)
Shelbi is amazing. She’s very caring and always willing to answer any questions and she’s quick at getting back with me. She’s one of the sweetest ladies I’ve ever met.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic has never let me down. They have been absolutely wonderful. They are quick to get you into see your Dr. and very nice and welcoming. I’ve never had a bad experience at the Utah fertility Center
I’m going to estimate 15,000$ For first transfer and testing, and 2900$ for the other transfers after that. Plus donor fees of 3000$ this isn’t including blood work, or medicine
Dr Conway only wanted to do one embryo, I didn’t have any questions because that’s all I wanted to do as well.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
She [Dr. Conway] talked to me about what we can and can't try, it wasn't an in and out process. I felt warmly welcomed by her.... When I first met with her she was very nice and understanding. She decided our course of action but due to financial situation I wasn't able to due treatment.... She has a plan set in place when we are ready for our course of action.... She is a very understanding doctor and she looks for your best interest.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
When I first met with her she was very nice and understanding. She decided our course of action but due to financial situation I wasn't able to due treatment. But I had all the bloodwork and lab work done. Saving for ivf right now, but am pleased with everything she has told me and she is certain we will get pregnant. She is a very understanding doctor and she looks for your best interest.
Ask questions because if you don't then you'll never receive the answers you would want to hear.
She talked to me about what we can and can't try, it wasn't an in and out process. I felt warmly welcomed by her.
She has a plan set in place when we are ready for our course of action.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie just like the doctor was caring and compassionate with everything we have talked about, she wants the best for my family and I.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very caring with your care and if you have questions they will answer anything you bring to them.Being my first time with and infertility specialist they were they to listen to me talk about losing my baby girl and knowing that they were willing to help try anything to achieve my goal of being a mother,and they were understanding about the whole situation and felt compassion and saddened by my loss.
The only thing my insure helped cover was just the diagonisis, they covered some blood work and semen anylasis but that was all.
I know when we do perform ivf we are transferring 2 to 3 embryo's
Idaho Falls
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] was amazing, and kind. I wish we would have found her before we had done an IVF cycle with a different Dr. We were tapped out with money by the time we found her. We did a timed intercourse, cycle, but no pregnancy, and due to money we had to stop treatment.... We did timed intercourse. Fertility drugs, a trigger shot, and progesterone. Husband was also on Hcg for low sperm count. I was also on an autoimmune surpressant as we felt my immune system was attacking the embryos when I did get pregnant, causing miscarriages.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was kind, she listened, and really cared. We discussed what she would do differently with an IVF cycle with her, then the last Dr. Unfortunately we couldn't afford to continue. We wish we would have found her sooner.
I have told those I have sent that they would love her, and she would figure out their problems. All of them are currently pregnant.
She was amazing, and kind. I wish we would have found her before we had done an IVF cycle with a different Dr. We were tapped out with money by the time we found her. We did a timed intercourse, cycle, but no pregnancy, and due to money we had to stop treatment.
They were great. No complaints!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It was great. I don't have anything bad to say about the clinic. The clinic was beautiful. Nurses were pleasant. Dedra was amazing. It seemed as if she had all day just for us. She wanted to help us, and she didn't rush us.
We paid for the timed intercourse package . It was a package with ultrasounds and everything but the drugs were included. I'm not sure of the actual cost.
Idaho Falls
Dr.Conway was always very thourough in explaining treatment plans, she was kind and compassionate. It was an amazing experience being her patient. She went over all our previous labs with us as well and was able to give us a better understanding of our previous testing. She didn't make us jump through hoops to get the ball rolling which made the process much smoother!..She adjusted my meds just about every other day to every day after the first 4 days. I was monitored closely!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to write down any questions you may have even if they seem silly or stupid she is a fountain of information use it!
She was always compassionate and empathetic, she always took the time to answer any and all questions we had!
We used an antagonist protocol with gonal f and ganirelix. She adjusted my meds just about every other day to every day after the first 4 days. I was monitored closely! We ended up having 27 eggs with 21 mature and ended up with 11 blasts
They were always quick to ask me about my personal life and things we had discussed in passing so I felt very close to them. They were always extremely kind
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I have used both clinics both Idaho fertility center and Utah fertility center. They are both clean, warm and inviting. I always got calls/emails back in timely manner and I never had to wait longer than 10 min passed my scheduled appointment time at either clinic.
The costs seemed too be comparable to other clinics I can't remember exact costs unfortunately and don't want to give wrong information.
I am high risk for preterm birth and also young so we were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer which we did .
Idaho Falls
I loved that Dr. Conway was so respectful of our wishes, especially since we transferred from another clinic. She treated us like she wanted the best for us and to get the best outcome...I did a lot of research before transferring clinics and felt very confident in having her be our doctor. Our very first appointment with her, I felt instantly at ease and at peace. Even though our Frozen Embryo Transfer ended in a miscarriage, she treated me with so much compassion and has helped us find answers to why it didn't work out. I feel very confident having her be my doctor when we do a new fresh egg retrieval...
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was absolutely amazing! I did a lot of research before transferring clinics and felt very confident in having her be our doctor. Our very first appointment with her, I felt instantly at ease and at peace. Even though our Frozen Embryo Transfer ended in a miscarriage, she treated me with so much compassion and has helped us find answers to why it didn't work out. I feel very confident having her be my doctor when we do a new fresh egg retrieval.
If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask them. She answered all of mine and was not only professional, but she was very warm and welcoming.
For my FET we used Estradiol and Progesterone shots along with Progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Summerhays and Amberlie Hastings)
Brittany was always there to answer my questions. If I would email her with a question she would either call me as soon as she was able to or email me right back. The little bit that I have worked with Amberlie, she has seemed very helpful and kind.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is great! It is very clean and welcoming. The receptionist, Kat, is so wonderful to work with! She is very sensitive about your needs and why you are there.
Our insurance covered majority of our costs for our procedure. All that we have had to pay so far is just over $1600
Murray
I did two cycles with her [Dr. Conway]. Looking back I don't feel she put enough thought into my situation. After the first cycle, I brought in some ideas and suggestions that I found on the internet that might improve my chances of getting more quality embryos. She didn't want to try them, however, she did suggest a couple of different things that I tried, but I still ended up with the same results. I just didn't feel like she put that much thought into my second cycle, because I feel like we didn't switch much around.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I did two cycles with her. Looking back I don't feel she put enough thought into my situation. After the first cycle, I brought in some ideas and suggestions that I found on the internet that might improve my chances of getting more quality embryos. She didn't want to try them, however, she did suggest a couple of different things that I tried, but I still ended up with the same results. I just didn't feel like she put that much thought into my second cycle, because I feel like we didn't switch much around.
I feel like I trusted her and the staff to tell me what to do and when to do it. I think that is important. They are doctors/nurses with a lot of knowledge and information. However, do your own research and become familiar with the procedure. If you feel like you want something done, advocate for yourself.
Her nurse seemed too busy. It was hard to get her on the phone and get her to return phone calls and because of that I felt like I wasn't getting the answers I needed and more like I was there going through the process but not getting anything explained to me.
1st cycle, antagonist. (8 retrieved, 1 normal embryo) 2nd cycle, antagonist. I did add in 1 mg dexamethasone, some testosterone cream. (16 retrieved, 1 normal embryo)
They seemed too busy. I didn't feel like they responded to phone calls very quickly.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good: Two locations and nice offices and patient rooms.
Cycles were about $10K and the meds were about $5K.
2013 - 2018
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] worked hard to make sure I was Comfortable.. she knew my fears and addressed them all without making me feel dumb!... She really listened to my feelings and knew that they were valid she worked hard to make sure I understood All that would happen... they can help you in more ways than a regular Ob can! I wish I would Have known that sooner
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Seriously I have no complaints I woudl Do it all over again! I have One frozen and wish we could afford to do it right now! She worked hard to make sure I was Comfortable.. she knew my fears and addressed them all without making me feel dumb!
Go before you have been to anyone else! Don’t wait, they can help you in more ways than a regular Ob can! I wish I would Have known that sooner
Gosh I wish I remembered More! All I know Is Lupron, progesterone, something that started with an m! Baby aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They all were very great listeners, worked hard to make sure that they knew my feelings!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It was great! They know what they are doing, clean and organized, they are busy which is good in my mind means they know what they are doing and people know it!! They all seem competent to be able to do their jobs, they made sure I understood The calendar
Gosh I would Have to find my receipt, cost of meds, cost of transfer, cost of anesthesia, cost of lab, cost of icsi
She thought one would be enough I decided 2 and ended up with a single little boy!! Now one frozen
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
She [Dr. Conway] is understanding and very knowledgeable. She answered every question and concern I had. I really felt she listened when I talked. I work in the medical field so she was good to explain everything in detail so I knew what was happening. She was honest about what she thinks would be a good choice for moving forward....She remembered our journey as it's been so far, spoke to me by name, she answered all the questions and concerns I had. She didn't pressure me into any option but was honest about what she thought would work.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is understanding and very knowledgeable. She answered every question and concern I had. I really felt she listened when I talked. I work in the medical field so she was good to explain everything in detail so I knew what was happening. She was honest about what she thinks would be a good choice for moving forward.
It may take a little bit of time to get in to see her the first time but she is worth every minute.
They take a while to get back to you, and sometimes the staff isn't helpful,but when you get a nurse who knows what going on they're very helpful
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths : having amazing doctors, very knowledgeable. A beautiful building that is really relaxing. Opportunities are endless Weakness: nurses take a while to get back and you don't always get someone who knows what they are talking about.
Office visit: 35$ Sperm wash: 250 Iui: 875
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Conway] answered all of our questions and made me feel comfortable with all the procedures. I didn’t see her all the time, but for the procedures I did. She was really respectful when I had a miscarriage... She had great bedside manner and was really informative. She made us feel comfortable and did everything to help us get pregnant, which we did successfully. She listened to our needs, put in her input, but allowed us to do what we thought was best.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to tell her what you want to do. Communication is key so let her know all your concerns
She answered all of our questions and made me feel comfortable with all the procedures. I didn’t see her all the time, but for the procedures I did. She was really respectful when I had a miscarriage
We tried a few IUI treatments with using clomid. After that didn’t work then we went to IVF. They used ISCI where they inject the speed into the retrived eggs. Then they got 14 that stayed fertilized. After 3 days, 7 were left. We transferred 2 embryos and ended up with triplets.
Very informative and thorough.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was really clean and everyone was so friendly. They were very helpful when I miscarried and made sure we were okay after everything happened. They made sure to let us know that when we were ready to try again to contact them. It was very comforting and they felt more like family
IUI total cost was about $1300 IVF total costs was about $15,000
Our doctor recommended 1 embryo transfer however we felt strongly that we needed to transfer two and she did.
Pleasant Grove
I only saw her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] twice, at my initial appointment and for a dye teat of my Fallopian tubes. All of the other appointments were with varied nurses. I felt like she just did assembly line treatment instead of doing what would actually give me the best chance to conceive.... My appointments were never on time, even the ones that were timed IUI cycles. It was a different assistant doing each IUI, and they always asked me the same insensitive questions which I feel they wouldn’t have had to ask if they had read my charts.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw her twice, at my initial appointment and for a dye teat of my Fallopian tubes. All of the other appointments were with varied nurses. I felt like she just did assembly line treatment instead of doing what would actually give me the best chance to conceive.
Go somewhere else. The office is all about making money.
They never read my charts or new my history. My appointments were AlWAYs late!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Assembly line, one size fits all fertility treatment. Cold, sterile feeling building, and always running behind schedule. The staff were not very friendly, especially the desk where you pay, and the nurses never read your chart so they ask insensitive questions.
$2000 per IUI cycle (we had to use donor sperm because my husband is sterile so that added $1000 to each procedure)
Male Factor, None
She [Dr. Conway] takes the time to explain things, always involved in all my treatments and has final say. Very friendly, personable and understanding. She seems like she genuinely cares. She doesn’t always meet with you but has a great staff and always gives the finally say and has her hand in everything. Even changing medication, it comes from her.... She was very personable; took the time to explain things and always has her staff follow up.
Male Factor, None
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She takes the time to explain things, always involved in all my treatments and has final say. Very friendly, personable and understanding. She seems like she genuinely cares. She doesn’t always meet with you but has a great staff and always gives the finally say and has her hand in everything. Even changing medication, it comes from her.
Trust her.
The IUI process. Adding gonal f to increase my follicles that wouldn’t fully grow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Candace)
Conway’s team is so great
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Generally great for the most part. I would like to see Conway a little more but her staff does a great time. The wait time isn’t usually bad. Pricing is fair, Conway finds way to discount things for me. Two locations help for when I am at home or work.
Each IUI with medication was around $800-1000
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] is kind and clear. I only saw her a handful of time during my year of treatment because she comes in from Utah. Every interaction was pleasant. She took the time to call me personally when it came to big changes in my IVF cycle. She didn't cancel my IVF cycle despite my poor odds...
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is kind and clear. I only saw her a handful of time during my year of treatment because she comes in from Utah. Every interaction was pleasant. She took the time to call me personally when it came to big changes in my IVF cycle. She didn't cancel my IVF cycle despite my poor odds.
The staff knew who I was and was invested in my success.
The staff was amazing. They made me feel comfortable and cared for.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They call you from multiple private numbers so you always need to have your phone on and answer every call you get. So you can't have your phone send unknown numbers straight to voicemail. They don't always answer the phone because they have limited staff, but the always return your call if you leave a message.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage that paid for 80% of the procedures. I mostly paid my 20% copay and my prescription copay. The most expensive this out of pocket was IVF specialty medications.
Idaho Falls
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] spent a lot of time with me and provided detailed information and a plan...I was really impressed that dr Conway was already up to speed with my infertility issues after receiving records from my OB before I came in to meet her...never made me feel rushed...She decided to do iuis with Gemara to increase our odds due to unexplained fertility
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I was really impressed that dr Conway was already up to speed with my infertility issues after receiving records from my OB before I came in to meet her. She spent slot of time with me and never made me feel rushed.
Trust her
She spent a lot of time with me and provided detailed information and a plan
The Murray office doesn't have the best nurses. A little unprofessional and seem like they don't enjoy their jobs
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good communication. Lots of availability for appointments
They made sure to go over everything very well on my first visit so I wasn't surprised with any of the costs
Murray
I have no complaints for Dr. Conway. From start to finish, she was caring but professional. I didn't feel like a number and I feel that is hard to come by in Utah. Dr. Conway always knew who I was and helped me understand what was going on and also allowed us to have control over our decisions....Dr. Conway is the best doctor I've ever been to, aside from the fertility aspect. She is genuine and caring, but also very informative....I have no complaints about the clinic.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I have no complaints about the clinic. They were very professional in handling such a private and delicate situation.
My doctor let me choose if I wanted to put in one or two embryos. She explained the odds of each.