5.1

Murray
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
535 W Sunnyside Rd #1
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-529-2019

Treated 2017
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of...seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
I think that this clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment...The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease..nurses were very friendly...They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
A piece of advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Conway would be to make sure you go to another doctor for your diagnostic services. I went to her and during the consultation she asked if I had regular periods, I said yes and that was all that she did on me besides routine blood work. After an increased amount of pain with each period while seeing Dr. Conway I went to another doctor. Almost instantly the new doctor was able to tell me that I had growths in my uterus, PCOS and most likely endometriosis. It was really upsetting to me that none of this was noticed or mentioned during the numerous ultrasounds I was given in Dr. Conway's office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of. Her nurses were very friendly though, and I did enjoy them.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did IUI's with Dr. Conway's office. I would report to their office via phone when my cycle day one was. They would then schedule me to come in for my baseline ultrasound. After that appointment I would receive a prescription for chlomid and be scheduled for my next appointment. During the next appointment I would have another ultrasound to check the growth of the follicles. Then, based off of size I would know when to inject the trigger shot. Then come in the next day for the insemination. After insemination I would be lay on the table and they would raise the end of the table up, to where my head was lower than my feet. It always made me think of Phoebe off of friends at that part. After the procedure I would go home and start taking vaginal suppositories to help sustain a pregnancy. Then two weeks later I would go into the clinic again for a blood test. They would later call me with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
The nursing staff was amazing! I loved Stephanie. They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think that this clinic is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment. With the office being an extension one, I don't think I can really talk on what the offices in Utah are like. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Conway gave us an approximate number upfront for what an IUI would cost and unfortunately I cannot remember the number. The frustrating part to me was that there were a lot of tests and extra things that were not included in that lower number that had initially swayed our decision to continue with treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Overall I just wish Dr. Conway had been more hands on in my treatments. I simply did not feel that things were being done very thoroughly at this clinic.
Idaho Falls
I have only ever met with [Dr. Deirdre Conway] once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory... meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
Wait time is very short [at Utah Fertility Center]!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work...Go with lots of questions and make sure to get clear instructions before leaving the clinic. Sometimes there wasn’t the best communication between the staff. In a couple different situations, after my ultrasound I was supposed to receive further instructions, but all the front desk lady did was make my next appointment. I then found out at my next appointment I was taking the medication wrong
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only ever met with Dr. Conway once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory.
I have a hard time reading Stephanie Morgan. I have met with her every time I’ve gone to the clinic. She doesn’t state her authority, so I sometimes don’t know if that’s her not being knowledgable about the situation, or just her personality.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Wait time is very short!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
I have not received any bills yet. My insurance covers it so I hope it won’t be too much!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I have never once been given instructions on how to administer shots. They have just been given to me, and I have had to look up directions online. I also didn’t receive instructions on how to take medication, and my prescription said something different than how I was supposed to take it.
Treated 2018 - 2019
The one time that I met with her [Dr. Conway], she seemed nice and knowledgeable but I never saw or spoke to her again after my first consult. She spoke about my PCOS and I left the consult thinking this would be a great thing but after that I felt like all they cared about was making the money and making me jump through the hoops, instead of checking along the way to make sure things were going according to the plan.
You will rarely see the doctor [at Utah Fertility Center] and your visits will always be with the physician assistant. So if you are looking for that interaction with the doctor this clinic may not be for you. The physician assistant is great as well as the other staff. ... I felt like I was just put in this infertility box and they were just going through the checklists and not really making sure that the checklist items were working for me and my infertility.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
The one time that I met with her, she seemed nice and knowledgeable but I never saw or spoke to her again after my first consult. She spoke about my PCOS and I left the consult thinking this would be a great thing but after that I felt like all they cared about was making the money and making me jump through the hoops, instead of checking along the way to make sure things were going according to the plan.
Make sure you ask questions and lots of them.
Very little description of what might be going on and I felt like I was just put in this infertility box and they were just going through the checklists and not really making sure that the checklist items were working for me and my infertility.
My first 3 cycles were timed intercourses with either clomid or Femara and the HCG trigger shot as well. Weekly ultrasounds to check the follicles and make sure they were at the right size to trigger them. After the trigger shot and the timed intercourse, progesterone suppositories for 2 weeks until the pregnancy blood test. Next cycle we tried was an IUI with clomid, Gonal f and the HCG trigger shot. Clomid daily along with weekly ultrasound checks of the follicle to again measure the size. Timed gonal f shots (2 of them) during the time of clomid and ultrasounds to help the follicles grow. Once they were big enough, the trigger shot is given. Then 36 hrs later I went in for the procedure and for my husband to give his sample. They spin his sample down to clean out the garbage and then we do the IUI procedure. Again 2 weeks of progesterone suppositories while I wait for the blood pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie PA)
Stephanie was great and super friendly. But she rarely remembered where i was in my cycle or what my plan was. The nursing staff knew me by name.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
You will rarely see the doctor and your visits will always be with the physician assistant. So if you are looking for that interaction with the doctor this clinic may not be for you. The physician assistant is great as well as the other staff.
Timed intercourse cycles are about $575 for each cycle and that does not include the medicine. IUI cycle was about $875 again not including the medicines
Treated 2017 - 2018
I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube. ...
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I felt like she [Dr. Conway] was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her.... Every appointment was rushed, and I never saw my Dr except for retireval and transfer. No one ever knew what was going on. My dr rarely communicated with me and never called me after failed IVF transfers except once. I felt like she just cared if she was getting paid rather than my success.
I constantly had isssues, and the process is stressful enough by itself so it made it hard. Every single time, not joking, I went to the pharmacy or called, they never had sent in my prescription. So I’d hav to call utah Fertility and they never answe their phone.... They rush you in and out of appointments and they never explained anything. Strengths- They seem to be up to date with their practice. The front desk girl is always kind & their anesthesiologist is the best! One nurse-Chelsey was always so kind and nice and actually seem d like she cared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I felt like she was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her. I never saw her, I never had an explanation of what was happening. I never felt like she really tried to find out what was wrong. After getting a second and third opinion I learned multiple things she did/didn’t do during my treatments were actually harmful and could have majorly affected my chances of conceiving
Get multiple opinions before and tell her exactly what you expect
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie )
She was extremely disorganized, would forget to send in the prescription for my meds constantly- or not enough doses which would cause major stress on me once I had none left- she would take days to respond to an email or return a phone call. She was one of the main reasons for stress during my cycles. It seemed like there were always mistakes (like scheduling my transfer when my dr actually couldn’t do it) and then telling me I was with a new dr when my plan only was covered if my dr performed the treatment. There was always stress with her.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weaknesses- they are TERRIBLE at answering their phone/returning calls. They rush you in and out of appointments and they never explained anything. Strengths- They seem to be up to date with their practice. The front desk girl is always kind & their anesthesiologist is the best! One nurse-Chelsey was always so kind and nice and actually seem d like she cared.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I constantly had isssues, and the process is stressful enough by itself so it made it hard. Every single time, not joking, I went to the pharmacy or called, they never had sent in my prescription. So I’d hav to call utah Fertility and they never answe their phone. I had the wrong medication sent in, or not enough and was unable to get more because of a holiday weekend-and my clinic nor any other locally had any. Juat so many issues always.
Treated 2015
I did two cycles with her [Dr. Conway]. Looking back I don't feel she put enough thought into my situation. After the first cycle, I brought in some ideas and suggestions that I found on the internet that might improve my chances of getting more quality embryos. She didn't want to try them, however, she did suggest a couple of different things that I tried, but I still ended up with the same results. I just didn't feel like she put that much thought into my second cycle, because I feel like we didn't switch much around.
Two locations [for UFC] and nice offices and patient rooms.... [the] nurse seemed too busy. It was hard to get her on the phone and get her to return phone calls and because of that I felt like I wasn't getting the answers I needed and more like I was there going through the process but not getting anything explained to me...I feel like I trusted her and the staff to tell me what to do and when to do it. I think that is important. They are doctors/nurses with a lot of knowledge and information.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I did two cycles with her. Looking back I don't feel she put enough thought into my situation. After the first cycle, I brought in some ideas and suggestions that I found on the internet that might improve my chances of getting more quality embryos. She didn't want to try them, however, she did suggest a couple of different things that I tried, but I still ended up with the same results. I just didn't feel like she put that much thought into my second cycle, because I feel like we didn't switch much around.
I feel like I trusted her and the staff to tell me what to do and when to do it. I think that is important. They are doctors/nurses with a lot of knowledge and information. However, do your own research and become familiar with the procedure. If you feel like you want something done, advocate for yourself.
Her nurse seemed too busy. It was hard to get her on the phone and get her to return phone calls and because of that I felt like I wasn't getting the answers I needed and more like I was there going through the process but not getting anything explained to me.
1st cycle, antagonist. (8 retrieved, 1 normal embryo) 2nd cycle, antagonist. I did add in 1 mg dexamethasone, some testosterone cream. (16 retrieved, 1 normal embryo)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
They seemed too busy. I didn't feel like they responded to phone calls very quickly.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good: Two locations and nice offices and patient rooms.
Cycles were about $10K and the meds were about $5K.

Treated 2014 - 2015
I only saw her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] twice, at my initial appointment and for a dye teat of my Fallopian tubes. All of the other appointments were with varied nurses. I felt like she just did assembly line treatment instead of doing what would actually give me the best chance to conceive.... My appointments were never on time, even the ones that were timed IUI cycles. It was a different assistant doing each IUI, and they always asked me the same insensitive questions which I feel they wouldn’t have had to ask if they had read my charts.
[Utah Fertility Center is an] Assembly line, one size fits all fertility treatment. Cold, sterile feeling building, and always running behind schedule. The staff were not very friendly, especially the desk where you pay, and the nurses never read your chart so they ask insensitive questions.... One of my IUI cycles they failed to call me with blood results. After calling them they told me I was pregnant based on my HCG level, only to come to find out that my HCG was actually really low and borderline, so I got my hopes up only to find out that I never was pregnant and they should have given me more specific info.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw her twice, at my initial appointment and for a dye teat of my Fallopian tubes. All of the other appointments were with varied nurses. I felt like she just did assembly line treatment instead of doing what would actually give me the best chance to conceive.
Go somewhere else. The office is all about making money.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They never read my charts or new my history. My appointments were AlWAYs late!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
$2000 per IUI cycle (we had to use donor sperm because my husband is sterile so that added $1000 to each procedure)