5.1

Deirdre Conway works at

5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
535 W Sunnyside Rd #1
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-529-2019

The doctors are great. The nursing staff is pretty good and nice. However, there’s some issues because they [Utah Fertility Center] don’t call back or call when they said they would. I don’t know if this is part of why Dr. Conway calls me with things sometimes. She’s amazing and makes up for their lack there of. ... They’re plenty nice but for some reason I have to try too hard to get results when they said they’d call and I have to make many calls to get a call back.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s kind, straight forward, thorough...she truly cares. She covers everything with you. She made me feel very comfortable and cared for. She’s been very involved, calling me to check in after I have other appointments, etc. on her personal time and talking to me for 20+ minutes at times. She’s involved in my plan and I love that. I wouldn’t move anywhere else because of her in particular. I feel so confident in her and trust her opinion and plan of action. I believe she can get us pregnant. She didn’t guarantee it of course but she’s been amazing and I feel like that will be the outcome, or at least that she is the best doctor to give us the very best shot at it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Trust her. She cares and won’t lead you astray. Ask questions because she doesn’t mind answering them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has been amazing. She was straight forward with us. She let us know there was hope and set up appointments for my husband with the correct doctor to see what was causing his MFI, but she was very realistic and clear about what we were currently looking at for treatment, costs, etc. She explained everything well and at my level. She’s been so kind. She’s called to check on things herself like when I’ve met with with the surgeons to remove my cyst, etc. She’s called about my husband’s appointments. She’s spent 20+ minutes on the phone not scheduled or charging me and by calling herself. She’s told me I could call if something big came up. She’s been so involved in every step and part of this even when she could’ve passed it to someone else. When we first went in the male factor looked bad and he had a history of a surgery that could affect fertility. She was kind but straight with us and I appreciate both. She said essentially, I want to send you to this other doctor and if there is something to find he’ll find it, but right now and judging by your history you’re looking at IVF and ICSI. I appreciated knowing there was a small bit of hope but I also appreciated the realistic information. It helped us to accept it and deal with it. She also made me feel confident that no matter what treatment we ended up needing with her that she could give us our best shot at pregnancies and babies. She didn’t guarantee anything but was optimistic and made me feel like she truly cared to give us our family. I believe she can do it or give us our best shot! I thought about going another place that offered different things and in the end the other clinic didn’t have the reviews to persuade me to leave my amazing doctor.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We haven’t gotten so far yet!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t know if it’s the nursing staff or lab but the clinic isn’t great at returning calls or calling with results when they say they will. They’re plenty nice but for some reason I have to try too hard to get results when they said they’d call and I have to make many calls to get a call back.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The doctors are great. The nursing staff is pretty good and nice. However, there’s some issues because they don’t call back or call when they said they would. I don’t know if this is part of why Dr. Conway calls me with things sometimes. She’s amazing and makes up for their lack there of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
So far I’ve spent very little because of insurance. They’re good at making sure you’re in network and they do let me know what something will be out of pocket before we do it just in case. I got an accurate quote for IVF, bloodwork, etc. You have to pay either through insurance or not for bloodwork, meetings...my original ultrasound was free and they let me know ahead of time. They’ll charge for sperm freezings but will give you one free. Finances have been clear overall.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only time I got a call when I was told I would get a call about results was when they needed me to start a thyroid medication. Besides that the staff tells you they’ll call then doesn’t. When we did our two semen analysis’ here they said they’d call, never did. I had to call and call and call to talk to someone and then I got a staff member who didn’t actually know about the results and tried to relay them. Also, they send you to the lab people but that line always goes to voicemail and they almost never call back. They haven’t released all results they’re suppose to either.
Treated 2019 - 2020
My experience as a patient so far has been as good as it could be dealing with something like this. I trust Dr. Conway and feel that she knows what she’s doing and when things haven’t worked she always has another route to try and change. I feel like she really cares about me and what I’m going through and that I’m not just another patient to her...
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center] was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway...they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s smart and knows what she’s doing! Give her all the information you can about you and her spouse and work together to come up with a plan that you both feel comfortable with
I felt like she took her time with me and really got done to the nitty girrty of all my questions. She is patient and kind and I feel that she really cares about what she’s doing and gives her all in this process to help me the absolute best way she knows how
My first 2 cycles I was put on femera 5mg because I had never been on a fertility meds before. Those unfortunately didn’t work and so then my next cycle I did femera with a trigger shot and timed intercourse with scans to check my follicles. Sadly that didn’t work either. At that point me and my husband had to stop with our fertility treatments because we were saving to move into our first house and so for another 2 months I was put back into femera 7.5mg to see if upping the dose would help and that didn’t work either. Last month I went into see her and we got everything set up for us to try iui but with COVID-19 that is being put on hold unfortunately
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
As a whole I love it there and feel very taken care of. I trust them and I feel confident they know what they are doing and with their help eventually I’ll have a little baby in my arms. I know everything with infertility is trial and error and they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
So far I’ve spent about 1,200 with appointments blood draws and medications and treatments
Pleasant Grove
I had tried eight rounds of varied dosage of Letrozole before I was referred to Dr Conway, with only ovulating half of the time. She saw that with my history and diagnosis of PCOS that we would want to monitor my follicles, still start with Letrozole and add in some Gonal F injections to grow my follicles and then use Novarel for help with ovulation. My follicles were still a little slow at getting to the correct size, and added dexamethasone. Two rounds of timed intercourse and started round two of IUI and this protocol has produced two nice eggs every cycle.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar [at Utah Fertility Center]. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed...original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications...They are very calm, understanding and so sweet when getting bad news. They are great at fitting you in for appointments the days that you need them, even when something unexpected comes up during a cycle. The only weakness is that I’ve had to call for them to put in a prescription once. Everything else clinic wide has been great.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She listens well, she looks over your past medical history before your consultation, she gives a sense of understanding and hope that makes you feel like you can achieve a healthy pregnancy. She answers your concerns in a timely manner when you send messages or call in.
Make sure she has your medical record history before seeing her. Other than that, she has been wonderful.
She took her time during our consultation, went over all of our options, listened to everything we’ve tried in the past with OBGYNs, and gave us hope.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They’re all so kind and take all of my concerns seriously.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatments. So original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed.
Pleasant Grove

One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF...The only limitation was not physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed...
[Utah Fertility Center's] strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls...I underwent IVF using a new medication vs. placebo. I was on the medicine which I took 15units daily for 7 days. I ended up having 4 ollicles were major and that’s when I was given the trigger shot. 6 eggs were retrieved 4 were mature and fertilized with icsi and 3 were blasts by day 5/6. I had 1 transfered so far and it wasn’t successful and will still go for the second 1 soon. Before the IVF I had water US done where it showed a polyp that was removed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was great. I went to her after reading and watching reviews about her and she lived up to my expectations. Dr. Conway was tentative, listened to all my concerns, reviewed my previous treatment history and asked questions where it mattered. She was very sympathetic, acknowledged my pain and suffering and started explaining in details possible causes and treatment options. My husband and my sister who attended the first visit with me where included in the discussion and their questions answered fully with a gentle supporting smile on her face this whole time. After that possible options with the pro and cons of each was explained and we considered all of them and made our informed choice to go for IVF since I had multiple IUIs done previously. One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF.
Dr. Conway is busy, be ready to wait for appointments for months and you better make sure you are there on time when the time comes. I have scheduled my appointment months before and actually missed it because of traffic congestion. They were nice enough to to schedule another appointment in a week time so I did go there on time. You should also be ready to wait for sometime even if you arrive on time. I wouldn’t complain since the visit is worth the wait. One more thing, don’t expect to see Dr. Conway at every visit. But she sure knows her patients and what’s going on with them. I also didn’t mind it much since the first few consultations and assessments were the basis to agree on a plan of care which I am following right now.
Doctor Conway was very kind and she was trying to help me get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls.
The only limitation was not the physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed.
Pleasant Grove
We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal. [results with Dr. Deirdre Conway]...Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name...Is thorough, gentle, and she allows your grief to be a thing. She is funny, personable, even called me personally (after hours) when there was specific news she knew could be devastating. From the moment I met her to our transfer day she was present, she was kind and most of all honest.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner [at Utah Fertility Center]. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic...team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make sure you’re a fit. There are plenty of of RE’s out there. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. They want you to succeed and part of successful treatments in my option is our comfort level as a patient. But if you don’t feel a great vibe it’s okay to ask to meet a different doc under that practice.
Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name. Her team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
For my egg retrieval she upped doses on certain meds because of my age and that we were wanting to just do one retrieval. At my saline u/s she saw some thickened lining and advised hysteroscopy at time of retrieval. That was daunting to think about but so grateful she knocked two birds out with one stone. She wanted to help us achieve that goal if possible. My husband had to have a TESE so we already had his sperm on Ice while I was stimming. We were able to stim a few days longer because they wanted a few follicles to catch up. We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Morgan was empathy, responsive, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic.
Roughly $20k give or take.
Due to my age and ICSI and PGS testing we never wanted to transfer more than 1 respectively
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Of my 15 vials of blood drawn one of them was misplaced or lost in transport. Frustrating that I had to wait for result and have it drawn again. This is what I was told. Maybe there was a different reason but it’s in the past and not even a thing.
Pleasant Grove
[Dr. Deirdre Conway] is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office...after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more...helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
I don’t see this as a weakness but [Utah Fertility Center offices] are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs...She [nurse] always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
Listen to her and be open about anything and everything! Trust her!
We actually went to a specialist before Dr.Conway and we left like we left with no answers or no plan. Then after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more.
She gave us a paper mapping out all of the dates and times that we could try different things. She always had a plan and made sure we understood the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I worked closing with her RN Leslie )
She always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t see this as a weakness but are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs.
We had to pay out of pocket but and it is difficult but when you are taken good care of it makes it ok.
Idaho Falls

Dr. Conway is extremely knowledgeable and personable. I believe she is very competent and I trust her judgment. ... I like that Dr. Conway allows multiple embryo transfer ... I haven't finished my journey as I'm doing both egg donor and surrogate and still in process but I feel like I'm in good hands. ... she has also helped me with other health problems and I feel like she does a lot to show she cares.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] has been around a long time and I trust them. Prices are competitive. The clinic seems overburdened. Needs more staff to answer phones, provide billing info, provide third party information. ... Egg donor retrieval was about 9k. Transfer to surro is about $4500. ... I think the staff could use some help. It bothers me to get the voicemail when I call. They should have an operator to take calls. All of the staff at Utah Fertility seems difficult to get in touch with, particularly billing and donor coordination staff.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is extremely knowledgeable and personable. I believe she is very competent and I trust her judgment. I haven't finished my journey as I'm doing both egg donor and surrogate and still in process but I feel like I'm in good hands.
With amh RE you need to educate yourself so you can ask the right questions. Decide what you are going to spend. Figure out what chances you are willing to take. For example if the stats say you have a 2% chance with your own eggs, do you want to spend the money on your own or would you rather have a higher chance with donor. The doc can give you the stats and you can make your own decisions but you have to ask questions.
I really like Dr. Conway! We are in progress on the Fertility journey but she has also helped me with other health problems and I feel like she does a lot to show she cares.
Egg donor was used with typical procedures. Retrieved 25 eggs and got 4 PGS tested embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Great doctor. The clinic has been around a long time and I trust them. Prices are competitive. The clinic seems overburdened. Needs more staff to answer phones, provide billing info, provide third party information.
Egg donor retrieval was about 9k. Transfer to surro is about $4500.
I like that Dr. Conway allows multiple embryo transfer. At some clinics the doctor will only do single embryo and that bothers me. It shouldn't be the doctor's decision but the patient's decision so I like that Utah Fertility doesn't make the decision for me.
Pleasant Grove
I have only seen her [Dr. Conway] in person one time and talked to her on the phone twice in the past 6 months. Every interaction I’ve had with her has been a positive one; however, I wish I could talk to her more. After our second failed IUI (4th failed treatment) I really wanted to talk to her but was told they normally only schedule a call with the doctor after the 3rd failed IUI. I wish there was a little more communication directly with her.
Even though I have not gotten pregnant yet, my experience at the Utah Fertility Center has been a positive one. ... The nursing staff is so kind and amazing! They really make me feel comfortable whenever I go in for an appointment! ... Every time I went in for an appointment I was treaded with kindness and respect. I have been in several times now and most the nurse know my name, and that makes me feel good!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only seen her in person one time and talked to her on the phone twice in the past 6 months. Every interaction I’ve had with her has been a positive one; however, I wish I could talk to her more. After our second failed IUI (4th failed treatment) I really wanted to talk to her but was told they normally only schedule a call with the doctor after the 3rd failed IUI. I wish there was a little more communication directly with her.
Make sure you get all your questions out during the first consultation.
1st Treatment: Timed and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. 2nd Treatment: Timed and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Trigger shot and timed intercourse. Negative pregnancy test. 3rd Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection, Trigger shot and IUI. Negative pregnancy test. 4th Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection, Trigger shot and IUI. Negative pregnancy test. 5th Treatment: IUI and monitored cycle. Took femara for 5 days cycle day 3-7. Gonal injection Trigger shot and IUI. Waiting on pregnancy test Next step is IVF if the 3rd IUI failed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Even though I have not gotten pregnant yet, my experience at the Utah Fertility Center has been a positive one. I don’t feel like they could have done anything different to better my chances, my body just doesn’t want to get pregnant right now. They do not take my insurance so my husband and I have been paying out of pocket. The treatment costs are manageable.
Time treatments: $575 not including the cost of medication and bloodwork. IUI Treatments: $875 not including the cost of medication and bloodwork.
Murray
During this call, she [Dr. Deirdre Conway] went through other options that we could try before the egg retrieval to produce more eggs, and help with the development of the embryos. She told us that she thought we would be a great candidate for these options, and that if she didn't think that, she would not recommend it. After talking with her, and discussing our options, there is no doubt that will do another round of IVF. I feel very hopeful after our discussion...I have absolutely loved working with Dr. Conway, and will continue to do so! We live in a different state than her, but will continue to travel the eight hours to work with her. I feel as though she has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, which in our experience does not happen often. Dr. Conway is very personable, professional and knowledgeable. We just got done doing our first round of IVF with her, and I felt very comfortable every step of the way. Unfortunately, we did not get pregnant after this round. After our negative pregnancy test, a call was scheduled for us to
For our IVF with Dr. Conway [at Utah Fertility Center], we payed the clinic itself around $15,000. This did not include the genetic testing for the eight embryos, the medications and the ultrasounds and bloodwork. Total, we paid around $21,000 for everything. After doing research on different clinics and hospitals, even with the travel to Utah from Montana for IVF, this was by far the most cost efficient clinic that we found...The clinic was very easy to work with. Their financial specialist was very helpful and knowledgeable, and responded to all of my questions in a timely manner. The clinic has a patient portal that allowed us to sign all the required documents electronically, as well as access all of our test results. I found this to be very helpful. This clinic has several different locations throughout Utah and Idaho, which I think speaks for itself in showing how great they are.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have absolutely loved working with Dr. Conway, and will continue to do so! We live in a different state than her, but will continue to travel the eight hours to work with her. I feel as though she has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, which in our experience does not happen often. Dr. Conway is very personable, professional and knowledgeable. We just got done doing our first round of IVF with her, and I felt very comfortable every step of the way. Unfortunately, we did not get pregnant after this round. After our negative pregnancy test, a call was scheduled for us to talk to Dr. Conway. I went into this call feeling very down, and not certain about what to do in the future. During this call, Dr. Conway first asked if we would be up for another round of IVF--which at this point, we were not sure. During this call, she went through other options that we could try before the egg retrieval to produce more eggs, and help with the development of the embryos. She told us that she thought we would be a great candidate for these options, and that if she didn't think that, she would not recommend it. After talking with her, and discussing our options, there is no doubt that will do another round of IVF. I feel very hopeful after our discussion.
Do not be afraid to ask questions! We have done a lot of research on infertility, and she took the time to let us ask all our questions, and answered all of them. She made us feel very comfortable.
Dr. Conway is fantastic! After our very first meeting with her, I knew that she was the doctor that I wanted to work with. She took the time to review all of our medical records from the three previous IUI's, that we did with another doctor. We were able to sit down with her and walk through all of the results from our previous tests required for IUI's--this did not happen with our previous provider. At our first meeting, she went into great detail about infertility, what we could expect in working with her, what other tests we would need and why, and of course what she would recommend for our treatment plan. She answered all of our questions, and we did not feel rushed to be done with our appointment. I have left every meeting or phone call that I have had with Dr. Conway feeling like I knew what was going on and why, and that she actually cared about the treatment that we were getting from her.
For our IVF, we did an egg retrieval and then had all of our embryos genetically tested, and the embryos were frozen while we waited for the testing results. Below is the timeline for the egg retrieval--this includes the medicines with dosage, and the number of ultrasound and bloodwork appointments and on which day(s) of the pre-egg retrieval prep. I should note, that I do live in a different state than Dr. Conway, so the sonohysterograph, the ultrasounds and the bloodwork were all completed at my local hospital, and the results were sent that same day to Dr. Conway. One month prior to beginning the medicines for egg retrieval: Started taking a birth control pill, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, and continued to take pre-natal vitamins. One month prior: I had a saline infusion sonohysterograph. On days 24-28 of the month prior to beginning medications: My husband and I both took a z-pack. Day 32: Stopped taking the birth control pill. 3 days after I stopped taking the birth control: First baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, which I will know refer to as Day 1 egg-retrieval prep. Day 2: I continued to take the pre-natal vitamin and CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, and added in a baby aspirin. I began taking Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur all in the AM, which ended up being three shots in my stomach. Day 3: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 4: Bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Days 5-6: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 7: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 8: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F (150mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. Day 9: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, all in the AM. *We increased the Gonal F to 300 mg based on the results from my ultrasound. Day 10: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, and added in Cetrotide, which now was four shots in my stomach, all in the AM. Day 11: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, and added in Cetrotide, which now was four shots in my stomach, all in the AM. Day 12: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, CoQ10 at 600 mg per day, Gonal F ( 300mg) and 2 powders of Menopur, Cetrotide, all in the AM. Took trigger shot in the PM. Day 13: Husband took Cipro--which is necessary before the male gives a sperm sample. Day 14: EGG RETRIEVAL! Dr. Conway was able to retrieve 18 eggs, 14 were fertilized, and then we had eight that made it to embryos (day 5/6) and were sent off for genetic testing. About three week later, we found out that out of the eight embryos we had tested, we only had one normal embryo. About two week after our retrieval, I began taking birth control again and stopped taking it on Day 24, which is when we began the frozen embryo transfer prep. I also continued to take a pre-natal vitamin and added in baby aspirin on day 24. Day 1: Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and added Estrace 4mg (PM). Days 2-9: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM) Day 10: Ultrasound and bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM.) Days 11-14: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM). Day 15: Bloodwork. Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM). Added in 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository) in the PM. Day 16: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Day 17: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin and Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in the AM 1 ml of progesterone oil (injection--AM). Days 18-21: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Day 22: EMBRYO TRANSFER! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Days 23-24: PRINCESS DAYS! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Days 25-31: Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Day 32 PREGNANCY TEST! Pre-natal vitamin, baby aspirin, 1 ml of progesterone oil (AM), Estrace 4mg (AM and PM), 2 mg of Estrace (vaginal suppository--PM). Added in a progesterone vaginal suppository (PM). Unfortunately, our pregnancy test came back negative, so I stopped all medications on day 33.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen)
Lacey Mickelsen was my main contact in working with Dr. Conway. She was amazing! She created a calendar for me to keep track of the dates for ultrasounds, bloodwork and all of the medications that I needed to take. Anytime, I had a question I would call or email her and she was very quick to respond. I was so happy when I actually got to meet her in person. She was the one that called me and told me our pregnancy test came back negative, and she was very compassionate and it felt that she really cared about the results. When I wasn't working with Lacey, all of the other staff that I had contact with was great!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I do not live in the same state that this clinic is located in, so I was able to have all of my orders for my ultrasounds and bloodwork faxed to my local hospital. I was able to have all of my appointments done there in the AM, and have results sent to Dr. Conway the same day.
For our IVF with Dr. Conway, we payed the clinic itself around $15,000. This did not include the genetic testing for the eight embryos, the medications and the ultrasounds and bloodwork. Total, we paid around $21,000 for everything. After doing research on different clinics and hospitals, even with the travel to Utah from Montana for IVF, this was by far the most cost efficient clinic that we found.
We only had one embryo to transfer, so this was not an option for us.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her.... She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.
Idaho Falls
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF... The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion
The only times I didn't receive quick response [from Utah Fertility Center] were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate).
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF (we had done some testing with other clinics, and she tested some other things that could be problematic, such as sperm fragmentation). I appreciated her willingness to cater the protocol to our specific circumstance. The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion about the timing of our retrieval (we were told that we were not ready for an egg retrieval based on my estrogen levels, but in our follow-up meeting it sounds like we could have gone ahead a day or two earlier - they were just trying to get as many eggs as possible, which was not as important to me as quality).
Make sure you understand what kind of contact you'll have with her during the IVF process. Ask what options there are for getting in touch with her if you feel your questions need to be addressed personally rather than through a third party.
I felt like Dr. Conway really was interested in learning our background. She made decisions for our treatment based on our history.
She put me on estrogen rather than birth control to suppress my ovaries in hopes that it would improve egg quality. She also put me on some optional medications to try and improve egg quality: HGH (growth hormone), testosterone cream, and dexamethasone. For the stimulation protocol I started with 2 powders of Menopur and 225 units of Gonal-F (this was increased after my first ultrasound). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she wanted a high enough dose to get plenty of eggs, but not too high that egg quality would be compromised. I had 8 eggs retrieved and fertilized, but unfortunately none of the embryos developed past day 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
I'm not sure if she was just dealing with something personal during my cycle (she was out of the office many days through my cycle), but Mallory was not great at following up on emails/requests from Dr. Conway to contact me (I had to contact her on at least two occasions after Dr. Conway said she would have Mallory contact me). She also didn't order enough injection supplies from the pharmacy so I had to have them send more. That being said, Mallory was very nice to work with in person (the couple of times I met with her). I really just felt like she was not right on top of my care like a previous IVF coordinator I worked with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I read some reviews that mentioned problems with the front desk staff (at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove locations) and I can only say that my experience with all of them was great. The only times I didn't receive quick response were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate). I thought it was kind of impersonal that the lab called directly with the results of the embryos rather than the IVF coordinator. I guess it streamlines things a bit, but I'd rather have had an email than a phone call from a complete stranger (different person each time too). Dr. Conway did call on day 5 to confirm that our embryos had stop developing (which was appreciated).
The IVF procedure (with ICSI, and freeze-all) was just under $12,000. I spent nearly $6,000 on medications (this included HGH which was well over $1,000). Each appointment with Dr. Conway was over $100 and billed to insurance (unfortunately my insurance only reduced the cost a few dollars).
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Conway is very good making me feel comfortable and explain things in a way I could understand. She really cares about the patients and wants to help you succeed. She does split time between the Idaho and Utah centers so I haven't see her every time.... We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.... I think for the timed intercourse treatment at the clinic was $530. Then some medication had to be ordered from a special pharmacy and that was around $300. The other medication I could get from my local pharmacy and it was around $250.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make the appointment! I know it can be hard and you don't want to be let down again but make the appointment. Let Dr Conway help you figure things out.
I felt like all the staff were caring and really made an effort to use my name and were willing to help.
We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara. I also had two do two injections of Pregnyl. Finally I had two follicles that were big enough. I did a trigger shot and then we we're to have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after. I then had to use a progesterone supository to help with my lining. I thing went in 2 weeks later for a blood test. It came back negative. So we are starting over again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses are great!! They always use my name and ask how I am doing. Very friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.
Treated 2013 - 2019
The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her [Dr. Conway] as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us. ... We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion. ... One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is great with people. She is patient and sometbing i really appreciated is that if the cycle didn’t work she tried her best to rectify the situation by either offering a big discount on the next cycle or offering solutions. There were times when I honestly was wondering why didn’t we try this test or that test earlier? I felt like it was a bunch of guesses as to why I wasn’t getting pregnant and then we would do some testing afterwards. The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us.
Don’t be afraid to say what you would like to see happen with your treatment or any concerns you have and be up front. She will listen and is open to suggestions.
She’s so friendly and easy to talk to. She is great at listening to concerns and validates you.
The first cycle of treatment we used metformin. We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive. It’s been so long since we first started that i honestly can’t even remember. We have done so much stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: morgan, Lacey (currently) and one more that i can’t remember )
most of the nursing staff was so great! One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion.
It was very expensive. That’s all i know. after doing two retrieval’s and many transfers and multiple surgeries. Over 30,000.
I think that her approach is correct and i feel comfortable with it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just with one coordinator who was not on her game. Other than that they are very on top of it.
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer...answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared...She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer...When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
The lobby [at Utah Fertility Center] isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring...Lacy [nurse] has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend...$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is a gentle person. So understanding of our pain and grief. She brought back hope to our journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to help us through our Ivf. She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer. She contacted us personally during the journey and made sure that the clinic took care of us during that. When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
Make sure you have your list of questions and don’t be afraid to ask all of them.
Dr. Conway answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared.
After our first meeting with Dr. Conway she had use meet with a infertility urologist to see if a micro was needed. During that appointment we found cancer. We are taking care of that then we will do ivf with the sperm we were able to bank before treatment. We use icsi. We will do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacy)
Lacy has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There is a lot of tile in the lobby. The lobby isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring.
$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm. Those are all our cost so far. We are planning on about 15k for ivf
She told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They told me they were able to come and pick up the specimen from the micro tese. They were did not send someone and I had to leave my husband during post op to take the specimen to their clinic 30 minutes away.
Treated 2015 - 2019
I loved Dr. Conway! She was such an amazing doctor and always so willing to help get me through this less than ideal situation that my husband and I were facing. She always was so kind and patient in explaining everything and helping make this situation less scary and intimidating. I recommend her to anybody that I know who is struggling with infertility. I cried the day I ‘graduated’ from seeing her and went to my regular OB.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center... I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500.... But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises.
Nothing
I bled off and on almost my entire first trimester, which is scary after you’ve finally gotten pregnant after so many failed attempts. Whenever I would call in panicked, they would reassure me and see me just to put my mind at ease.
I don’t remember a ton of specifics but I do remember I was on lupron. They did also suggest doing coq10 because there were studies that it was linked to better embryo quality and we had 2 perfect embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Just like dr Conway the nursing staff was incredibly kind and compassionate! Loved working with them!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center and am so blessed to have gone there!
I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500. As everyone knows fertility treatments are expensive and mostly not covered by insurance, which is a bummer. But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises. The only thing was they didn’t inform me that I would be continuing on progesterone my entire first trimester (which at 1000 every 1 or 2 weeks- I can’t remember exactly- that would have been nice to know upfront)
Treated 2017 - 2018
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers...we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic....Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring...
Our experience with this clinic [Utah Fert Ctr] recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful...The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
It was minor... on our stim cycle, the IVF coordinator said the Pharmacy would call us to set up shipping and payment in the next few days but they never called and a week had went by. It was only a few days before my calendar said I was supposed to start so I left her a message and then the pharmacy called me a few hours later. They said they'd just gotten the order (so the coordinator forgot to send it initially) and were asked to rush it. They sent everything to me overnight, which is standard due to certain things having to be refrigerated, and I had everything just in time. Granted, it was cutting it a bit close, but ended up ok. Same advice as before... be in charge of everything, follow up, ask questions, advocate! This costs to much money to leave anything to chance.
Murray
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion...you don’t end up having much direct contact with her....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful....Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just a few times we’ve had to correct minor things with the schedule. They called thinking we’d missed an appointment when it had been rescheduled.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and presented information about PCOS in a clear and concise way in our appointments. She answered any questions we had at every step of the way. When my second IUI did not go as planned (they missed my ovulation) she called me over the weekend to give me my options of moving forward. I had two miscarriages and after every time, she met with me to discuss possible reasons for the miscarriage and what changes we could make to my protocol.
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Be prepared with questions at every appointment with her since you will most likely be meeting with the nurses during the cycle to do the ultrasounds, IUI, etc.
Dr. Conway was very knowledgeable and took the time to follow up and meet after a protocol did not go as we wanted. When I had both miscarriages, she wanted to meet with us to discuss and explain what changes we could make to our protocol. She is kind, warm, and empathic. She even called me on her personal cell phone over the weekend to let me know what my options were for my second IUI, after having a chemical pregnancy with my first IUI.
I did one cycle of Femara and timed intercourse. Since I had done two previous cycles of timed intercourse with my OB, when that cycle didn't work out we moved on to IUI. For my first IUI cycle, I did not respond to Femara at all after five days so I took Clomid for five days. I still did not respond so I took Clomid again for another five days. At that point I had one dominant follicle so I administered my trigger shot and went in the next day for the IUI. That IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second IUI I used Clomid again for five days and then did three days of the shot. I had traveled out of town for a few days that week and then came back. They measured my dominant follicle at 14mm when I returned from my appointment. I was instructed to administer the shot twice to stimulate the growth of the follicle. When I went in for my appointment two days later, we had missed the ovulation. Dr. Conway called me that day (it was a Saturday) and told me that we could either do timed intercourse or proceed with the IUI since I may have just ovulated that day. I went with the IUI anyway and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For my third IUI, I took five days of Clomid and we increased the dosage of the shot and I administered that for three days. When I went in for my follicle checkup , I was ready to trigger and schedule my IUI. After the two week wait, my results were positive. At seven weeks we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Then the next day I started to bleed heavy and when I went in for my appointment the next week, I had miscarried already.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Sometimes I left the clinic without a clear explanation on how to get my medication or what the next step would be. There were times when I felt rushed in the transvaginal ultrasound appointments to check the growth of the follicles in my IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Over the past year I have had fertility coverage through my insurance. However, I am no longer at that place of employment so moving forward, I will have private insurance with no fertility coverage. With insurance coverage, my IUI cost around $200 for each cycle. Semen analysis for my husband was also covered and most of the ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. Medications for IUI including trigger shots cost around $250.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
In my consultation appointment, my doctor informed me that I should take an HSG test to see if both of my tubes were open. My nurse did not schedule that appointment so I was too far into my cycle when I realized that I hadn't tested for that yet. When I asked, I was told that I'd have to wait for my next cycle since we had missed the window for an HSG test. That first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then I had to wait for my HCG levels to decline and then wait for my next cycle to start for my HSG test. They ended up having to do a hysteroscopy on me because of the cysts that they found during the HSG test. This pushed back our second IUI cycle a few months. I think if we had done the HSG test in the very beginning, I would've been able to move quickly through three IUI while I had insurance with fertility coverage from my place of employment at the time.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining...was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box
My care coordinator [at Utah Fertility Center] was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box and ran additional testing. Because of her recommendations on doing something different I was able to carry my baby past the other pregnancies that lasted only until 7/8 weeks.
Don't wait to schedule she's an amazing doctor.
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining. Her PA Stephanie at her Idaho Falls clinic did rub me wrong a few times in how she handled certain things that came up during my treatment.
A month before FET they had me start estradiol valerate 0.15 in evening, I did this twice Week, had Labs and u/s to check lining 2 times before the actual transfer. The week of transfer they have you start progesterone in oil 1mg every morning and progesterone suppository at night. 5 days before transfer they have your take z pack and 4 days before transfer you take medrol 2x a day. The day off transfer I started lovenix shots because in my previous transfers I had started clotting and bleeding at about 7 weeks pregnant so we tried this to help prevent that from happening. After the transfer all meds except the estradiol and progesterone were stopped. Before transfer she also had me on bromocriptine because my prolactin levels were high. All of these things resulted in a pregnancy and I was able to make it past the 7/8 week window where in the past transfer I had miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
My care coordinator was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule and if I try to reschedule again they won't allow it. It made me upset because I didn't want to have polyps and have them removed but it wasn't because of a scheduling issue I was rescheduling it was a medical reason. I hadn't ever rescheduled before either so it really frustrated me. She was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion for those dealing with infertility. I was really anxious because of my previous losses and at my pregnancy u/s I could tell she thought I was over anxious. I feel like since then when I've seen her she had gained a greater compassion and understanding for infertility. She was more kind and considerate of my feelings.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic was really good about telling you your schedule and calling with results of labs same day. They didn't make you feel rushed and allowed you to ask any question. I use the Idaho falls clinic but have had to travel to their Utah clinic for polyp removal and transfer. The Idaho falls clinic does do transfers but only 2-3 times a year. The waiting room in the Utah clinic I remember being really cold but they were in the midst of remodeling so the time and such were not set up like they probably typically would be.
Shipping of our embryos to clinic $207.40 Emb storage $500 (per year for years 1-4 and @ year 5 it increases to $750/yr) FET $2700 (meds & blood work are not included) $450 water ultrasound $230 for each OB ultrasound (had 2) $2,420 for biopsy and refreeze of embryo for genetic testing $600 about door meds
Pleasant Grove
Doctor Nps Text Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie [a nurse at UFC-Idaho Falls]. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.... I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.

Treated 2015 - 2018
We’ve been seeing Dr Conway off and on for about 4 years. She’s been very kind and fun. I believe she does absolutely everything she can to bring angel babies into peoples lives. She’s been so patient with all questions, and there is a lot of them when struggling with infertility. We love her.... Dr Conway is always very sweet and considerate. She always explained every question we had and made sure we understood.
The clinic has never let me down. They have been absolutely wonderful. They are quick to get you into see your Dr. and very nice and welcoming. I’ve never had a bad experience at the Utah fertility Center... Shelbi is amazing. She’s very caring and always willing to answer any questions and she’s quick at getting back with me. She’s one of the sweetest ladies I’ve ever met.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Just to be patient, there’s a lot of waiting when it comes to getting results from testing. Infertility has a lot to be explained and tests that have to be sent off for results that can take weeks to get results.
Ours was more basic than other due to the fact it was male infertility that was the issue, from a surgery back when my husband was a child. We did do all the testing to make sure I was all good as well, like the dye test and a biopsy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’m going to estimate 15,000$ For first transfer and testing, and 2900$ for the other transfers after that. Plus donor fees of 3000$ this isn’t including blood work, or medicine
Dr Conway only wanted to do one embryo, I didn’t have any questions because that’s all I wanted to do as well.
Pleasant Grove
Ask her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment...She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle...we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF [at Utah Fertility Center]. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000...Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Not drastic, just a delay in sending in a prescription once. But it was resolved very well and quickly
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Conway] wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!...She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred.
The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only grievance I had during my treatment was the expectation of a fresh transfer a few days after my egg retrieval. Since my body had produced 72 eggs, I was at risk of overstimulation, and they switched me to a frozen transfer. I think this change could have been better relayed that a frozen transfer would include waiting another month and a half and that I would have to self-administer shots for a couple months as well. I felt blindsided on what was happening and what it would entail.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. ... Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.