5.1

Deirdre Conway works at

5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
535 W Sunnyside Rd #1
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-529-2019

She [Dr. Conway] wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!...She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred.
The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only grievance I had during my treatment was the expectation of a fresh transfer a few days after my egg retrieval. Since my body had produced 72 eggs, I was at risk of overstimulation, and they switched me to a frozen transfer. I think this change could have been better relayed that a frozen transfer would include waiting another month and a half and that I would have to self-administer shots for a couple months as well. I felt blindsided on what was happening and what it would entail.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr.Conway is an amazing doctor, which makes her a very busy doctor. It was hard to see her sometimes and she's often out of town. I switched to another doctor that had more time after my first round of IVF.... When doing fertility, you have to be ready for a transfer whenever your body is ready. This often time means that you are working with the whole fertility center you choose and not just one single doctor, so choose carefully.
The staff [Utah Fertility] is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so.... However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message....The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Conway is very nice and made me feel like she was listening to me when she was able to make the time.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't recall everything we did besides it being a medicated cycle. I know it took longer then expected for my body to be ready and we did get a positive pregnancy test. We managed to be pregnant for 10 weeks before we lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
The staff at Utah Fertility can be very hard to get a hold of and not always completely on the same page in your care. I was often very frustrated and confused.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so (that's so important when you're giving blood so often). However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message. Although this clinic is in Murray, all procedures and certain appointments will be out in Pleasant Grove which was a drive for me and I was not made aware until after starting treatment there.
Our first transfer with medication, egg retrieval and the actual transfer cost us $16,000.
Both doctors I've seen wanted and strongly encouraged me only doing one embryo. We did however decide to do 2 in the next round of IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount to get the shot needed. The staff was not all aware of the treatment I was receiving.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube. ...
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. ... Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.
Treated 2016 - 2018
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr [Deirdre Conway] told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs
This [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.... I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I could tell Dr Conway had the knowledge and background experience but there were still times during the course of multiple treatments that I felt confused about treatment and didn't have answers. This may have been bc she flat out didn't have answers for me or as a patient, I didn't understand. I work in the health field and know that patients hear what they want to hear at times
Not to give up if you don't get the results you want. And if you do and IVF and it fails, absolutely ask about the ERA biopsy. It was a game-changer for us
It's been many years I've undergone fertility treatments. There was one time I almost switched doctors because I felt the clinic staff was not getting back to me and I didn't know what the next step was and Conway didn't seem to have answers for me. Even so, I stuck with it and became persistent and am glad I stayed with Conway
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs. We discussed the possibility of doing a few more IUIs and after a lot of discussion and reviewing medical studies, I was glad that she didn't have us waste any more time or money on IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
Honestly, and this was only my experience, I did not like or get along with my nurse coordinator. There was a time that I asked if there was someone different I could work with, and there wasn't I would have to change doctors. I continued to work with this nurse coordinator even though our personalities did not mesh
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.
I was a unique case and was part of a drug study for the egg retrieval so I didn't have any cost associated with that part. The cost of subsequent transfers, meds, ultrasounds and visits added to be around $4500 each cycle
I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied. The first two transfers we did only transfer one embryo with no success, but the next two we transferred multiple and in our case this was the best option for success. I still have not had a pregnancy with multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Was waiting at a pharmacy and the clinic staff said they called in an rx but the pharmacy never got it and I had to call to have them call it in again. It was an rx that was specially planned on a calendar date and I needed it that day
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted to get aggressive quickly. Dr. Conway created a plan we are in the middle of and happy about. Also has been easy to reach and personable...We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash [at Utah Fertility Center] was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee...was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces...Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was incredibly helpful in our fertility planning. We came to her with a bunch of questions as well as an idea of what we wanted to do for our fertility plan. Dr. Conway created a fertility plan that checked all our boxes and progresses quickly (per our direction). We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
Be honest with yourself and your doctor about how aggressive you would like to go and how quickly you'd like to get aggressive. Don't default into a fertility plan that isn't customized to you.
Dr. Conway began me on 10mg of Letrozole for both my 1st and 2nd IUI procedures. The second procedure also included two shots of medication and then my HCG shot. Also put both myself and husband on vitamins.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining...was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box
My care coordinator [at Utah Fertility Center] was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box and ran additional testing. Because of her recommendations on doing something different I was able to carry my baby past the other pregnancies that lasted only until 7/8 weeks.
Don't wait to schedule she's an amazing doctor.
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining. Her PA Stephanie at her Idaho Falls clinic did rub me wrong a few times in how she handled certain things that came up during my treatment.
A month before FET they had me start estradiol valerate 0.15 in evening, I did this twice Week, had Labs and u/s to check lining 2 times before the actual transfer. The week of transfer they have you start progesterone in oil 1mg every morning and progesterone suppository at night. 5 days before transfer they have your take z pack and 4 days before transfer you take medrol 2x a day. The day off transfer I started lovenix shots because in my previous transfers I had started clotting and bleeding at about 7 weeks pregnant so we tried this to help prevent that from happening. After the transfer all meds except the estradiol and progesterone were stopped. Before transfer she also had me on bromocriptine because my prolactin levels were high. All of these things resulted in a pregnancy and I was able to make it past the 7/8 week window where in the past transfer I had miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
My care coordinator was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule and if I try to reschedule again they won't allow it. It made me upset because I didn't want to have polyps and have them removed but it wasn't because of a scheduling issue I was rescheduling it was a medical reason. I hadn't ever rescheduled before either so it really frustrated me. She was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion for those dealing with infertility. I was really anxious because of my previous losses and at my pregnancy u/s I could tell she thought I was over anxious. I feel like since then when I've seen her she had gained a greater compassion and understanding for infertility. She was more kind and considerate of my feelings.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic was really good about telling you your schedule and calling with results of labs same day. They didn't make you feel rushed and allowed you to ask any question. I use the Idaho falls clinic but have had to travel to their Utah clinic for polyp removal and transfer. The Idaho falls clinic does do transfers but only 2-3 times a year. The waiting room in the Utah clinic I remember being really cold but they were in the midst of remodeling so the time and such were not set up like they probably typically would be.
Shipping of our embryos to clinic $207.40 Emb storage $500 (per year for years 1-4 and @ year 5 it increases to $750/yr) FET $2700 (meds & blood work are not included) $450 water ultrasound $230 for each OB ultrasound (had 2) $2,420 for biopsy and refreeze of embryo for genetic testing $600 about door meds

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and presented information about PCOS in a clear and concise way in our appointments. She answered any questions we had at every step of the way. When my second IUI did not go as planned (they missed my ovulation) she called me over the weekend to give me my options of moving forward. I had two miscarriages and after every time, she met with me to discuss possible reasons for the miscarriage and what changes we could make to my protocol.
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Be prepared with questions at every appointment with her since you will most likely be meeting with the nurses during the cycle to do the ultrasounds, IUI, etc.
Dr. Conway was very knowledgeable and took the time to follow up and meet after a protocol did not go as we wanted. When I had both miscarriages, she wanted to meet with us to discuss and explain what changes we could make to our protocol. She is kind, warm, and empathic. She even called me on her personal cell phone over the weekend to let me know what my options were for my second IUI, after having a chemical pregnancy with my first IUI.
I did one cycle of Femara and timed intercourse. Since I had done two previous cycles of timed intercourse with my OB, when that cycle didn't work out we moved on to IUI. For my first IUI cycle, I did not respond to Femara at all after five days so I took Clomid for five days. I still did not respond so I took Clomid again for another five days. At that point I had one dominant follicle so I administered my trigger shot and went in the next day for the IUI. That IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second IUI I used Clomid again for five days and then did three days of the shot. I had traveled out of town for a few days that week and then came back. They measured my dominant follicle at 14mm when I returned from my appointment. I was instructed to administer the shot twice to stimulate the growth of the follicle. When I went in for my appointment two days later, we had missed the ovulation. Dr. Conway called me that day (it was a Saturday) and told me that we could either do timed intercourse or proceed with the IUI since I may have just ovulated that day. I went with the IUI anyway and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For my third IUI, I took five days of Clomid and we increased the dosage of the shot and I administered that for three days. When I went in for my follicle checkup , I was ready to trigger and schedule my IUI. After the two week wait, my results were positive. At seven weeks we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Then the next day I started to bleed heavy and when I went in for my appointment the next week, I had miscarried already.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Sometimes I left the clinic without a clear explanation on how to get my medication or what the next step would be. There were times when I felt rushed in the transvaginal ultrasound appointments to check the growth of the follicles in my IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Over the past year I have had fertility coverage through my insurance. However, I am no longer at that place of employment so moving forward, I will have private insurance with no fertility coverage. With insurance coverage, my IUI cost around $200 for each cycle. Semen analysis for my husband was also covered and most of the ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. Medications for IUI including trigger shots cost around $250.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
In my consultation appointment, my doctor informed me that I should take an HSG test to see if both of my tubes were open. My nurse did not schedule that appointment so I was too far into my cycle when I realized that I hadn't tested for that yet. When I asked, I was told that I'd have to wait for my next cycle since we had missed the window for an HSG test. That first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then I had to wait for my HCG levels to decline and then wait for my next cycle to start for my HSG test. They ended up having to do a hysteroscopy on me because of the cysts that they found during the HSG test. This pushed back our second IUI cycle a few months. I think if we had done the HSG test in the very beginning, I would've been able to move quickly through three IUI while I had insurance with fertility coverage from my place of employment at the time.

Treated 2015 - 2018
We’ve been seeing Dr Conway off and on for about 4 years. She’s been very kind and fun. I believe she does absolutely everything she can to bring angel babies into peoples lives. She’s been so patient with all questions, and there is a lot of them when struggling with infertility. We love her.... Dr Conway is always very sweet and considerate. She always explained every question we had and made sure we understood.
The clinic has never let me down. They have been absolutely wonderful. They are quick to get you into see your Dr. and very nice and welcoming. I’ve never had a bad experience at the Utah fertility Center... Shelbi is amazing. She’s very caring and always willing to answer any questions and she’s quick at getting back with me. She’s one of the sweetest ladies I’ve ever met.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Just to be patient, there’s a lot of waiting when it comes to getting results from testing. Infertility has a lot to be explained and tests that have to be sent off for results that can take weeks to get results.
Ours was more basic than other due to the fact it was male infertility that was the issue, from a surgery back when my husband was a child. We did do all the testing to make sure I was all good as well, like the dye test and a biopsy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’m going to estimate 15,000$ For first transfer and testing, and 2900$ for the other transfers after that. Plus donor fees of 3000$ this isn’t including blood work, or medicine
Dr Conway only wanted to do one embryo, I didn’t have any questions because that’s all I wanted to do as well.
Pleasant Grove
Doctor Nps Text Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie [a nurse at UFC-Idaho Falls]. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.... I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Idaho Falls
Ask her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment...She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle...we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF [at Utah Fertility Center]. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000...Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Not drastic, just a delay in sending in a prescription once. But it was resolved very well and quickly
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion...you don’t end up having much direct contact with her....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful....Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just a few times we’ve had to correct minor things with the schedule. They called thinking we’d missed an appointment when it had been rescheduled.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers...we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic....Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring...
Our experience with this clinic [Utah Fert Ctr] recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful...The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
It was minor... on our stim cycle, the IVF coordinator said the Pharmacy would call us to set up shipping and payment in the next few days but they never called and a week had went by. It was only a few days before my calendar said I was supposed to start so I left her a message and then the pharmacy called me a few hours later. They said they'd just gotten the order (so the coordinator forgot to send it initially) and were asked to rush it. They sent everything to me overnight, which is standard due to certain things having to be refrigerated, and I had everything just in time. Granted, it was cutting it a bit close, but ended up ok. Same advice as before... be in charge of everything, follow up, ask questions, advocate! This costs to much money to leave anything to chance.
Treated 2016 - 2018
we did IVF with ICSI and PGT for genetic testing [with Dr. Deirdre Conway]...I felt like me and my husband were treated like a human. Our cycles were made specifically for me and changed to reflect how I was responding to medications. I even received a phone call directly from Dr. Conway multiple times to let me know how things were going with my treatments...She seemed so sweet and companionate. She really was honest with us in the expected course of treatment. We felt she was very knowledgeable in fertility treatment. We loved that she was very involved and wants us to succeed in treatment. We have our daughter because of her!
[Nurses at Utah Fertility Center were] Consistent and clear with the plan or changes to my treatment...It's a smaller staff which I really like because I consistently got to talk to the same people but that was also at times challenging to get live person to answer when I would call. This may have changed since they have moved...I was on a antagonist protocol with additional medication. I used Gonal-f, Menopur, Clomid, Dexamethasone, Ganirelix, and even tried Omnitrope and Testosterone. When I ended up using the additional medications I seemed to get more eggs at my retrieval. Not sure the quality was different between the cycles.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was amazing. She seemed so sweet and companionate. She really was honest with us in the expected course of treatment. We felt she was very knowledgeable in fertility treatment. We loved that she was very involved and wants us to succeed in treatment. We have our daughter because of her!
Don’t wait to schedule an appointment with her. You won’t be disappointed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Can’t remember names but they were all great! Consistent and clear with the plan or changes to my treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
When I saw them when they were in an old location. Now I see they have a new building so when I am ready for our next transfer it will be in the new location. It's a smaller staff which I really like because I consistently got to talk to the same people but that was also at times challenging to get live person to answer when I would call. This may have changed since they have moved.
I don’t remember specifically the cost but we did IVF with ICSI and PGT for genetic testing.
Single healthy pregnancy is what we wanted and that is what she said would be best.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway listened to all my concerns and developed an individual plan for my husband and I. She was flexible with letting me do my tests elsewhere since we don't live in Utah. Even though I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy, I am grateful I found Dr Conway to help us through our infertility journey. ... She was very compassionate and took extra time to make sure I understood the plan of care.
I know my phone consult was $300. ... I actually never visited the clinic in person since the first IUI was cancelled due to my thin uterine lining. However, everytime I called they were very polite, compassionate and helpful. My tests were done at facilities in Idaho and the UFC was more than helpful in getting the test orders to me or the facility doing the tests.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Expect to be treated like an individual. Dr Conway is very compassionate and knowledgeable.
She listened to all my concerns and made a plan specific to me. She was very compassionate and took extra time to make sure I understood the plan of care.
We had planned to do IUI. Dr. Conway prescribed me femara due to my already thin uterine lining along with gonadotropin and ovidril to take on set days. The plan was very clear to follow. When I had my ultrasound to assess egg maturity and thickness of uterine lining, it showed I had mature eggs, but my lining was still thin. She gave me the choice since there was only a small chance for IUI to be successful during this cycle. My husband and I decided to just do timed Intercourse and hope it worked. I did end up getting pregnant, but it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy. I had done treatment and IUI at another RE facility that had failed. I believe that Dr Conway's individual plan helped me get pregnant on the first round through their clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I've forgotten her name)
Very organized, compassionate and timely communication when I had any questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I actually never visited the clinic in person since the first IUI was cancelled due to my thin uterine lining. However, everytime I called they were very polite, compassionate and helpful. My tests were done at facilities in Idaho and the UFC was more than helpful in getting the test orders to me or the facility doing the tests. They were timely in informing me of all my test results. The nursing team gave me a clear plan to follow through email so I knew what days to take the fertility medications. I had planned to do my IUI treatment at one of their clinics 4 hours away from me. I didn't have to worry about my ovulation day being on a weekend as they were willing to do treatment any day of the week. This was not the case with the reproductive clinic I had been to in Idaho, so I was very impressed and felt like Utah Fertility Center is really there to help families succeed.
I don't remember all the costs. I know my phone consult was $300.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Conway was friendly and professional. She worked with my regular OB to discuss my history and what an effective treatment plan would be. She made me feel like she was on my side and wanted me to be successful. She took time to answer our questions and addresses all options...She believes that we have a hard time getting pregnant due to sperm quality, so with IVF we hope to get a healthy pregnancy.
Schedule ahead of time, it takes a while to get in [to Utah Fertility Center]. Don't waste any time!...This is a clinic that has many people working behind the scenes. I didn't get to know the nursing staff personally. They were nice and professional...Sometimes they will not get back to you the same day. I know it is because they are busy, so sometimes I have to call back multiple times to get ahold of someone.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Schedule ahead of time, it takes a while to get in. Don't waste any time!
She made me feel like I was a family member. She conducted herself in a way that made me feel like she wanted me to get pregnant as much as I want to get pregnant.
I have been pregnant twice in the last 4 years and I have miss-carried both in the second trimester. After trying to get pregnant again for over a year she suggested IUI to help the process. When after 3 attempts we weren't successful, she has suggested IVF. She believes that we have a hard time getting pregnant due to sperm quality, so with IVF we hope to get a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Its a beautiful and clean building. It is busy and can have long wait times. They do their best to make you feel at home, and hopeful for a family. I never felt like a number at the clinic. They were at times busy and I had to wait, but the waiting room has coffee, hot chocolate and cookies. It is a comfortable environment. I would never wish for anyone to experience infertility, but if you do, I would recommend this clinic.
Each IUI Cycle was $975 and Medications were about $150 on top of that. Consultations were between $100-200. Lab tests were between $30-75. Our IUI would be around 20,000
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Conway] thoroughly explained everything in detail before and during treatments and the office would call to check up on me if they hadn’t heard from me in a while... She explained everything in detail in or first initial meeting telling me what was going on with my body and thoroughly explained it, and told me the first route we were going to take, and if that didn’t work the next route and explained a few to me and made me feel like she could get me pregnant.
Everyone there [Utah Fertility Center] is very kind and ready and willing to help on the trying to conceive journey. I wish I saw dr Conway more. I’ve only met her once for my first appointment but they have a very competent staff working there for her.... One day I had to have blood drawn and didn’t know it so I wasn’t hydrated and it took 3 nurses working together to get blood out of me and they were all very kind about it and talked to me like a normal person just having a conversation.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very kind, and made me feel comfortable and like she could help me. She explained everything in detail in or first initial meeting telling me what was going on with my body and thoroughly explained it, and told me the first route we were going to take, and if that didn’t work the next route and explained a few to me and made me feel like she could get me pregnant.
Go in with questions. She will answer all of them.
She thoroughly explained everything in detail before and during treatments and the office would call to check up on me if they hadn’t heard from me in a while
First we tried femara to get me to ovulate and that didn’t work so then we tried femara and a steroid which still didn’t work. So then they switched me to clomid because maybe my body just didn’t like femara. That still didn’t work but they wanted to start a new period so that we could start over and fresh. So they gave me provera to start a period which didn’t end up working so currently they have me on 2 weeks of birth control to start a period
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They wee always kind and considerate to me. One day I had to have blood drawn and didn’t know it so I wasn’t hydrated and it took 3 nurses working together to get blood out of me and they were all very kind about it and talked to me like a normal person just having a conversation. And they are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everyone there is very kind and ready and willing to help on the trying to conceive journey. I wish I saw dr Conway more. I’ve only met her once for my first appointment but they have a very competent staff working there for her.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] was detailed. She was very kind and soft. She didn't rush the appointment and I felt like she cared about me and getting me the results I want. Whenever I asked a question she readily and happily answered. I never felt like she was irritated by all my questions. That was really important to me. She took the time to ask me questions and get to know not only me but also my husband.
[Utah Fertility Center- ID Falls is] Very calming. Welcoming. Treats and drink are provided. Music is always playing. It feels a lot like a home, which is so nice. It really puts my anxiety at ease. There are chairs around the office to sit in when needed. They welcome husbands which is so nice.... My veins are really hard to take blood from and she [a nurse] is THE BEST at it! I have so much anxiety and she helps me feel calm. She lets me lie down when I get my blood drawn because I have low blood pressure. She explains everything to me as it is happening and answers all my questions. Their old secondary nurse/receptionist was not nice at all. I did not like her, but since going back they have changed staff and I love all of them. Very compassionate.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was detailed. She was very kind and soft. She didn't rush the appointment and I felt like she cared about me and getting me the results I want. Whenever I asked a question she readily and happily answered. I never felt like she was irritated by all my questions. That was really important to me. She took the time to ask me questions and get to know not only me but also my husband.
Ask as many questions as you can.
I felt more like a human. She talked me through the whole process of what she wants to do for me. She explained things in detail and didn't expect me to know everything already. She answered my questions without hesitation.
We met with her in her office at first to get to know each other and our history so she can know what to plan for and what to expect. She took blood to do a blood panel. When results came back she was very prompt in letting me know and changing the course if need be immediately. I felt that things got done pretty fast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I wish I could remember her name! I LOVE HER!! My veins are really hard to take blood from and she is THE BEST at it! I have so much anxiety and she helps me feel calm. She lets me lie down when I get my blood drawn because I have low blood pressure. She explains everything to me as it is happening and answers all my questions. Their old secondary nurse/receptionist was not nice at all. I did not like her, but since going back they have changed staff and I love all of them. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would receive the bills for the blood draws and the ultrasounds and initial consultation from them. But everything else was from the respective companies or clinics.
No comments.
Treated 2017
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] really is a wonderful doctor and I am so grateful we found her!...She was able to quickly identify a medication my husband was taking that was clearly affecting his sperm count. That helped us switch directions and start doing IUIs. I like that she didn’t have us continue those needlessly when they obviously weren’t working for us. Instead, she gave us our clear options and we went ahead with IVF...
They [nurses at Utah Fertility Center] were all wonderful and there was one in particular (wish I remembered her name) but she was always so sweet. She was there to deliver the news that we had miscarried the first round after we did IVF and she was so compassionate and helpful...20,000 for the IVF cycle (try 2 times and if we don’t bring home a baby get half money back) and then 5000 for the meds...It felt very organized and everything was always scheduled ahead of time. They tried their best to accommodate our busy schedules and were always great at getting back to us if we called in with a question.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway is extremely knowledgeable and also very compassionate when it comes to fertility treatments. She was so encouraging and helped us get through the hardest time in our life. She was upfront with all of the information and when there were things that didn’t go as we had hoped, she was always there to explain what might have happened and to help us see the light at the end of the tunnel. I would recommend her to my best friend for fertility treatments. She really is a wonderful doctor and I am so grateful we found her!
Choose her as your doctor!
She was so amazing! Every time she met with us, she explained the entire process and was so reassuring yet realistic which helped us not get too far ahead of ourselves.
We started by ruling out all of the male and female factors that could potentially be causing the infertility. We did lots of initial hormone testing and sperm count/quality. She was able to quickly identify a medication my husband was taking that was clearly affecting his sperm count. That helped us switch directions and start doing IUIs. I like that she didn’t have us continue those needlessly when they obviously weren’t working for us. Instead, she gave us our clear options and we went ahead with IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were all wonderful and there was one in particular (wish I remembered her name) but she was always so sweet. She was there to deliver the news that we had miscarried the first round after we did IVF and she was so compassionate and helpful.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I wish I could have spoken with her and met with her more often. So much of the communication was with nurses and I didn’t love that. But the appointments that I did get to talk with her, I left feeling hopeful and understood. She was a great doctor. I just wish there was more communication in between appointments....We did one IUI cycle with metformin. I was frustrated after it failed and I appreciated that Dr Conway wasn’t set on doing a specific amount of IUIs before trying IVF. We moved onto IVF because we were ready to get pregnant and neither parties felt like we had good chances with IUI.
Beautiful, clean, and professional. I felt like I was in wonderful hands [at Utah Fertility Center]. I wish I felt more than just another patient though. I felt like my doctor knew me, but the nurses not much at all. My biggest recommendation would be to not worry about being annoying to the nursing staff. You are the only person looking out for you for everything. Call if you have questions, call if you are looking for results.... The IUI ended up being a total of 1,000. Our fresh cycle ended up being 13,400 including medication. Our frozen cycle ended up being just short of 4,000 including medication.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Do what’s best for you! If you want to transfer 2 embryos and she suggests 1, transfer 2. Don’t feel pressured to obey every suggestion if it doesn’t feel right. Also, don’t worry about being annoying. If you have questions or need information then ask for it as many times as you need. She and the clinic are busy and no one will look out for you like YOU will.
She was very kind and understanding. Whenever we had the chance to meet with her (not all too often) she gave us a good amount of her time. She even gave me a call once after we had asked her nurses some questions and answered them all on the phone for me.
We did one IUI cycle with metformin. I was frustrated after it failed and I appreciated that Dr Conway wasn’t set on doing a specific amount of IUIs before trying IVF. We moved onto IVF because we were ready to get pregnant and neither parties felt like we had good chances with IUI. I did a fresh cycle and reacted great to the injections. I had quality eggs and quality embryos. We transferred 2, but during the tranfer saw that I was retaining water pretty intensely. I was put on a strict salt diet basically to help the retention go away. I got a positive pregnancy test, but started spotting around the same time. I ended up miscarrying the first week. Dr Conway felt it was strange to lose both (grade A) embryos. So she ran a test checking for endometritis which is basically a uterine infection. I came back positive. This is when I was so grateful I had Dr Conway as my doctor. She said it was a newer test and none of her colleagues even test for it. They put me on antibiotics for 3 weeks, tested again, and it came back negative. We then did a frozen cycle and transferred to embryos. I got a positive pregnancy test and now have a little boy who’s almost a year!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Nice. But I didn’t feel like they knew me or remembered me much.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Beautiful, clean, and professional. I felt like I was in wonderful hands. I wish I felt more than just another patient though. I felt like my doctor knew me, but the nurses not much at all. My biggest recommendation would be to not worry about being annoying to the nursing staff. You are the only person looking out for you for everything. Call if you have questions, call if you are looking for results.
The monitoring was really easy. The staff was efficient, professional, and got me in and out in good time.
Dr Conway very much suggestive of a single embryo transfer. She even asked me to reconsider during my transfer. However, we transfer 2 both cycles and ended up with 1 pregnancy.
Treated 2017
I do wish my pcos was more addressed to my protocol [with Dr. Deirdre Conway] before starting IVF. We only could afford doing it once and after it had failed I got a second opinion that I should have done it differently with having pcos. So I wish I wasn't put on the same protocol that they start everyone out on to see how it works for me... And she was great I don't have any complaints about her I guess I just wish that my case might have been handled a little differently that might have been better results. But she's very caring and she's definitely a great people person and a really good bedside manner!
$750 to freeze and take care of the embryos but I got that refunded [by Utah Fertility Center] since none of mine made it... it would be really nice at these clinics if they knew why you were coming in for that particular blood draw. Just to kind of ask how we're doing or know that this blood draws is huge for us like the pregnancy test one. It would be nice if they were a little more informed on sensitive cases and could be a little bit more personal with you.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I do wish my pcos was more addressed to my protocol before starting IVF. We only could afford doing it once and after it had failed I got a second opinion that I should have done it differently with having pcos. So I wish I wasn't put on the same protocol that they start everyone out on to see how it works for me. Nothing against her as a person or doctor I know she's doing the best job that she knows how with experience. She was really nice and listened to me I just didn't know what I know now and I am grateful we have answered from our IVF. And she was great I don't have any complaints about her I guess I just wish that my case might have been handled a little differently that might have been better results. But she's very caring and she's definitely a great people person and a really good bedside manner!
Do your research any and all questions that you have she's really good at answering every single one of them so that you'll feel comfortable with your protocol and why is she would like to do certain things and not do others as others have done but it does help knowing the reasons why and how she's going to approach your treatment so you feel good about it but if you would like to add something to your treatment definitely ask for it.
She was really nice! She really wanted to help.
I'm sorry I do not remember my dosages right now I did use gonal F and menopur and cetrotide. She put me on the dosage that she kind of starts everyone out on and then how I react to it she'll lower it or increase it. I stayed through my monitoring the same never went up or down in my medications. The 10th day is usually normal for an egg retrieval but I got mine done a day sooner because how my ultrasound went and got it done at day 9. They counted a lot of follicles in each of my ovaries and I was supposed to respond that way because I have a lot of eggs but I only had 9 eggs. The rest were just empty and she was surprised at the low number. 3 of them made it to day 5 but all were behind. We still tried transferring 2 and then the third one we had didn't make it to day 6. And my test results was negative. She from that point diagnose me with poor egg quality but after that experience I did get a second opinion from another Dr. saying that my age and everything I shouldn't have poor egg quality but I should have been on a lower dosage for a longer amount of time to address my PCOS and have better quality eggs that might've been able to have healthy embryos to try and implant. But we all didn't know I was going to react that way so there's no one to blame or anything like that it is frustrating though.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was great and I don't know if this is in all clinics or what the organization is but it would be really nice at these clinics if they knew why you were coming in for that particular blood draw. Just to kind of ask how we're doing or know that this blood draws is huge for us like the pregnancy test one. It would be nice if they were a little more informed on sensitive cases and could be a little bit more personal with you.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I really do love this clinic in Pleasant Grove it is beautifully constructed very nice sculptures and paintings in the waiting room. Very clean and pleasant. They're very organized, lots of cute baby pictures on the wall when you walk into the back, it helps you to be hopeful. Their ratings are really good and I did have a really good experience with them. They're all very professional and nice.
I know my IVF cost 10,000 something? I don't have the right number but that included monitoring and blood draws. I did have to pay an additional 1,500 for icis? I know I might have those four letters wrong but it's where they help the sperm in plant into the egg. And then $750 to freeze and take care of the embryos but I got that refunded since none of mine made it. And then 400 for the anesthesiologist.
She did explain very well she was very strong with only transferring one but at the end because of how poor quality they were and there wasn't that many she said that at that point she usually does two because of the results and we did end up doing two. I did want to do two from the beginning no matter how many we got or not but she was very against that but would do it if I really told her I wanted it but she was very persistent on only transferring one which I understood why and the numbers and everything but in the end we still do transfer 2 but they did not take.
Treated 2015 - 2017
From the start Dr. Conway read my past chart notes she was very up to date and knowledgeable about what we had already done. She is always sure to never let you leave without knowing exactly what the next step is.... I did see the nursing staff more than Dr. Conway, but I was totally comfortable with them.... I love how much she educated us, we were always told what she thought, but ultimately it was up to is as patients to have the final decision in what we did.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Ctr] is beautiful....When I went in there was never a full waiting room. We never felt rushed and we never had to wait long.... They are hard to reach at times during cycles which stressed me out waiting for calls about negative or positive pregnancy tests. After hours is not easy to reach if you miss your results call.... They do not do payment plans. It's all up front cost.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I love Dr. Conway and her staff!! Amberlie was my IVF nurse I called her a ton, and she was always so helpful in making sure I had my meds and making sure that I was on track. Dr. Conway is so compassionate I can't say enough about her! She is the best!
Be ready to love her! She is always so understanding. I love how much she educated us, we were always told what she thought, but ultimately it was up to is as patients to have the final decision in what we did.
From the start Dr. Conway read my past chart notes she was very up to date and knowledgeable about what we had already done. She is always sure to never let you leave without knowing exactly what the next step is. I always left having my questions answered.
I started with timed intercourse with injectables, Femara, and Clomid. I was monitored closely with ultrasounds which told us if the meds were doing as they should. We did have 3 failed IUI's and went to IVF. You receive a calendar in prep for your retrieval and IVF cycle. You're assigned your own IVF nurse who is available by phone or email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie )
The staff is always inviting from when you walk in. I did see the nursing staff more than Dr. Conway, but I was totally comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful. At the time we went they held monthly free meetings, meet the doctors, ask questions. That's how we chose our office. They are hard to reach at times during cycles which stressed me out waiting for calls about negative or positive pregnancy tests. After hours is not easy to reach if you miss your results call which is hard when you work.
We were always sent to the financial coordinator for cost before we did treatment. They do not do payment plans. It's all up front cost. IUI Was about $800 and IVF W/FET was $14k with meds
She said since it's my first baby she did recommend 1 embryo, but she would do 2 at our request. Explained the complications with transferring multiples

Treated 2017
I honestly only got to see her [Dr. Conway] a couple times but those couple times she was great and explained the process, what was next, and answered all of my questions and my husbands.... I first went in not knowing why I could not get pregnant. I had an idea of what it could be but after going in and having an ultrasound to look at my ovaries she confirmed that it was PCOS. From there we went over the treatment options and decided to do a timed intercourse treatment and see if that would work.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] was organized really well. I don’t have any complaints. I never had long wait times to get back. I never felt like I was being rushed to get out. Over all the clinic was smoothly and efficiently run.... I cannot say enough good things about the nurses that helped me! They were always patient, kind, answered my questions, fun, and positive! I absolutely loved them!!... Every time I went in for a visit I had a great experience. The staff and Dr. Conway were always gentle, up beat, and truly happy to be there and answer any questions I had!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I honestly only got to see her a couple times but those couple times she was great and explained the process, what was next, and answered all of my questions and my husbands. That was big for my husband since he wanted to feel like he was in the loop and could speak his concerns as well.
I think just to go in with questions ready and open to the different treatment options. She is a great Doctor and will answer any questions and concerns you have.
Every time I went in for a visit I had a great experience. The staff and Dr. Conway were always gentle, up beat, and truly happy to be there and answer any questions I had! Looking back, I loved my experience at Utah Fertility Clinic in Pleasant Grove and wouldn’t change it for anything!
I first went in not knowing why I could not get pregnant. I had an idea of what it could be but after going in and having an ultrasound to look at my ovaries she confirmed that it was PCOS. From there we went over the treatment options and decided to do a timed intercourse treatment and see if that would work. She prescribed me a medication to stimulate a period, clomid to stimulate my ovaries to get follicles to grow and mature. I would go in regularly for ultrasounds to see how the follicles were growing and once I had one or a few good size follicles I was prescribed an HCG shot to trigger the follicle to release which we then followed with timed inter course and progesterone and sometimes another prescription drug to thicken my lining. We tried this a few times with no success and then decided to move forward with IUI. My medications were all the same except we decided to give Famara a try this time instead of clomid to see if it would help with the thickness of my lining and it did! Once the follicles were ready we came in and my husband provided the semen and we waited for that to be ready and we had a nurse do the insemination. We followed the insemination with the progesterone until we got the news that it was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about the nurses that helped me! They were always patient, kind, answered my questions, fun, and positive! I absolutely loved them!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was organized really well. I don’t have any complaints. I never had long wait times to get back. I never felt like I was being rushed to get out. Over all the clinic was smoothly and efficiently run.
We paid an upfront cost. Timed intercourse treatments with ultrasounds included were I think around $600 and IUI cycles were a little over $800.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I felt like she [Dr. Conway] was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her.... Every appointment was rushed, and I never saw my Dr except for retireval and transfer. No one ever knew what was going on. My dr rarely communicated with me and never called me after failed IVF transfers except once. I felt like she just cared if she was getting paid rather than my success.
I constantly had isssues, and the process is stressful enough by itself so it made it hard. Every single time, not joking, I went to the pharmacy or called, they never had sent in my prescription. So I’d hav to call utah Fertility and they never answe their phone.... They rush you in and out of appointments and they never explained anything. Strengths- They seem to be up to date with their practice. The front desk girl is always kind & their anesthesiologist is the best! One nurse-Chelsey was always so kind and nice and actually seem d like she cared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I felt like she was too busy and didn’t really care about my success. She would always sugarcoat things or not tell me how it really was, until after something actually went wrong and THEN explained the real truth. She never gave me a way to directly communicate with her. I never saw her, I never had an explanation of what was happening. I never felt like she really tried to find out what was wrong. After getting a second and third opinion I learned multiple things she did/didn’t do during my treatments were actually harmful and could have majorly affected my chances of conceiving
Get multiple opinions before and tell her exactly what you expect
She was extremely disorganized, would forget to send in the prescription for my meds constantly- or not enough doses which would cause major stress on me once I had none left- she would take days to respond to an email or return a phone call. She was one of the main reasons for stress during my cycles. It seemed like there were always mistakes (like scheduling my transfer when my dr actually couldn’t do it) and then telling me I was with a new dr when my plan only was covered if my dr performed the treatment. There was always stress with her.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weaknesses- they are TERRIBLE at answering their phone/returning calls. They rush you in and out of appointments and they never explained anything. Strengths- They seem to be up to date with their practice. The front desk girl is always kind & their anesthesiologist is the best! One nurse-Chelsey was always so kind and nice and actually seem d like she cared.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I constantly had isssues, and the process is stressful enough by itself so it made it hard. Every single time, not joking, I went to the pharmacy or called, they never had sent in my prescription. So I’d hav to call utah Fertility and they never answe their phone. I had the wrong medication sent in, or not enough and was unable to get more because of a holiday weekend-and my clinic nor any other locally had any. Juat so many issues always.
Treated 2017
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] was very knowledgeable. She understood my disorder and she listed many routes of treatment. She adjusted the game plan when things were not working and she kept on top of my treatments even when I didn't see her. The communication between her and her nurses was extraordinary.... Drugs and timed intercourse. I had recently finished a round of spironolactone and she did an ultrasound to prove that I had PCOS and she described the disorder in such detail like no other doctor had ever done for me before.
They [the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center] were always friendly and supportive. They understand when you cannot afford treatment and call in every few months to check up on you so that you know you are not forgotten. They educate you on what is going on and why. The are sensitive to the uncomfortable nature of ultrasounds... Drugs and timed intercourse. I had recently finished a round of spironolactone and she did an ultrasound to prove that I had PCOS and she described the disorder in such detail like no other doctor had ever done for me before.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very knowledgeable. She understood my disorder and she listed many routes of treatment. She adjusted the game plan when things were not working and she kept on top of my treatments even when I didn't see her. The communication between her and her nurses was extraordinary.
Don't be scared. She is not the bearer of bad news. She is the light at the end of the tunnel. Never once did I feel like she didn't know what she was doing. She is fully in control over this body of mine that is completely out of control.
She listened to me as an individual and us as a couple. She asked a lot of questions and listened to concerns with empathy. She was direct in her method of treatment and provided full explanation. She was clear about my part in our fertility journey too. She made me feel like my body not working right was not my fault and she assured me it was something we could conquer together.
We started at the basic level. Drugs and timed intercourse. I had recently finished a round of spironolactone and she did an ultrasound to prove that I had PCOS and she described the disorder in such detail like no other doctor had ever done for me before. We started with clomid and progesterone to try to get me to ovulate and start obtaining fresh eggs. I would undergo ultrasounds to check my eggs for fertilization to make sure we could time things correctly for my body.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were always friendly and supportive. They understand when you cannot afford treatment and call in every few months to check up on you so that you know you are not forgotten. They educate you on what is going on and why. The are sensitive to the uncomfortable nature of ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very clean and open facilities. The ultrasound rooms that usually are clinical are very homie and comfortable. The atmosphere is supportive and nurturing and full of hope. I never encountered frustration from nurses. I had a hard time giving blood and they told me to go home and get hydrated and come in at MY convenience and they would take my blood then. They were willing to work with my pharmacy when I asked and they were great about appointment reminders!
Because I had so many ultrasounds due to my body not responding right to the medication. I spent about $1400 in 3 months