4.8

NYU
UCLA

Deirdre Conway works in 4 offices at

Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
Midvale, UT 84047
Park City
900 Round Valley Dr
Park City, UT 84060

I have only ever met with [Dr. Deirdre Conway] once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory... meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
Wait time is very short [at Utah Fertility Center]!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work...Go with lots of questions and make sure to get clear instructions before leaving the clinic. Sometimes there wasn’t the best communication between the staff. In a couple different situations, after my ultrasound I was supposed to receive further instructions, but all the front desk lady did was make my next appointment. I then found out at my next appointment I was taking the medication wrong
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only ever met with Dr. Conway once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
I have a hard time reading Stephanie Morgan. I have met with her every time I’ve gone to the clinic. She doesn’t state her authority, so I sometimes don’t know if that’s her not being knowledgable about the situation, or just her personality.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Wait time is very short!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
I have not received any bills yet. My insurance covers it so I hope it won’t be too much!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I have never once been given instructions on how to administer shots. They have just been given to me, and I have had to look up directions online. I also didn’t receive instructions on how to take medication, and my prescription said something different than how I was supposed to take it.
Idaho Falls

[Dr. Deirdre Conway] is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office...after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more...helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
I don’t see this as a weakness but [Utah Fertility Center offices] are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs...She [nurse] always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
Listen to her and be open about anything and everything! Trust her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We actually went to a specialist before Dr.Conway and we left like we left with no answers or no plan. Then after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She gave us a paper mapping out all of the dates and times that we could try different things. She always had a plan and made sure we understood the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I worked closing with her RN Leslie )
She always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t see this as a weakness but are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs.
We had to pay out of pocket but and it is difficult but when you are taken good care of it makes it ok.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Idaho Falls

My husband and I met with Dr. Conway for the initial consultation and really liked her. She was kind, compassionate, straightforward, answered all of our questions clearly, and came across as someone who genuinely cared about our successful outcome. All of our treatments so far have been performed by nurses so I really only have that one appointment to evaluate Dr. Conway on.... When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF.
UFC is a very well-run clinic. I almost never have to wait for more than a few minutes for any of my appointments and they are typically pretty quick appointments. I will say that sometimes it almost feels too efficient, like they are trying to get as many people through as quickly as they possibly can. Maybe that speaks more to their popularity than anything though? Overall it's a nice, clean, friendly fertility clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Go into the appointment with the knowledge that there is a lot of information coming your way so it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
For the most part, I feel like the staff at UFC really cares for me and my successful outcome. However, there have been times where it felt like I was just one more patient on the conveyer belt - going through the same motions as the many other women receiving the same treatments. There was one point where our insemination appointment was 1/2 hour behind, and the nurse explained the delay as "doing something for Dr. Conway." It bothered us to feel like our time and treatment wasn't as important as whatever else they had going on. I think patients should always be number one.
When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF. We decided on IUI with the understanding we'd try it 3-4 times before moving to IVF. My first IUI cycle went like this: I had my baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle, took femara on days 3-8 of my cycle, came in for a follow-up ultrasound on day 12, and then was told I'd be ready for the trigger shot the following night. I took the trigger shot on Friday night (day 14) and went in for the insemination 36 hours later. This was unsuccessful. Round two started off similar: went in for baseline on day 3, started Femara that night, went back on day 12 for monitoring, was told I wasn't ready so I was told to take Femara again, then came back about four days later. At that point I was told I might have already ovulated or was about to so they did bloodwork. I was called later and told I was about to ovulate so they did the insemination without trigger shot the next afternoon. It was negative. The third IUI cycle went basically the same as the first one. Again, a negative result.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses have all been very kind and knowledgable. I would say some are more gentle and experienced than others, but overall I have been completely happy with their care.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Conway cost $230. Each cycle of IUI costs $875, plus around $175 for the associated fertility drugs (Femara, trigger shot, and progesterone - not purchased through UFC). I have also spent several hundred dollars on bloodwork - genetic testing, pregnancy tests, hormone testing, etc.
Murray (closed)

Dr Conway is very good making me feel comfortable and explain things in a way I could understand. She really cares about the patients and wants to help you succeed. She does split time between the Idaho and Utah centers so I haven't see her every time.... We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.... I think for the timed intercourse treatment at the clinic was $530. Then some medication had to be ordered from a special pharmacy and that was around $300. The other medication I could get from my local pharmacy and it was around $250.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make the appointment! I know it can be hard and you don't want to be let down again but make the appointment. Let Dr Conway help you figure things out.
I felt like all the staff were caring and really made an effort to use my name and were willing to help.
We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara. I also had two do two injections of Pregnyl. Finally I had two follicles that were big enough. I did a trigger shot and then we we're to have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after. I then had to use a progesterone supository to help with my lining. I thing went in 2 weeks later for a blood test. It came back negative. So we are starting over again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses are great!! They always use my name and ask how I am doing. Very friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.
Idaho Falls

Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF... The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion
The only times I didn't receive quick response [from Utah Fertility Center] were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate).
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF (we had done some testing with other clinics, and she tested some other things that could be problematic, such as sperm fragmentation). I appreciated her willingness to cater the protocol to our specific circumstance. The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion about the timing of our retrieval (we were told that we were not ready for an egg retrieval based on my estrogen levels, but in our follow-up meeting it sounds like we could have gone ahead a day or two earlier - they were just trying to get as many eggs as possible, which was not as important to me as quality).
Make sure you understand what kind of contact you'll have with her during the IVF process. Ask what options there are for getting in touch with her if you feel your questions need to be addressed personally rather than through a third party.
I felt like Dr. Conway really was interested in learning our background. She made decisions for our treatment based on our history.
She put me on estrogen rather than birth control to suppress my ovaries in hopes that it would improve egg quality. She also put me on some optional medications to try and improve egg quality: HGH (growth hormone), testosterone cream, and dexamethasone. For the stimulation protocol I started with 2 powders of Menopur and 225 units of Gonal-F (this was increased after my first ultrasound). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she wanted a high enough dose to get plenty of eggs, but not too high that egg quality would be compromised. I had 8 eggs retrieved and fertilized, but unfortunately none of the embryos developed past day 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
I'm not sure if she was just dealing with something personal during my cycle (she was out of the office many days through my cycle), but Mallory was not great at following up on emails/requests from Dr. Conway to contact me (I had to contact her on at least two occasions after Dr. Conway said she would have Mallory contact me). She also didn't order enough injection supplies from the pharmacy so I had to have them send more. That being said, Mallory was very nice to work with in person (the couple of times I met with her). I really just felt like she was not right on top of my care like a previous IVF coordinator I worked with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I read some reviews that mentioned problems with the front desk staff (at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove locations) and I can only say that my experience with all of them was great. The only times I didn't receive quick response were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate). I thought it was kind of impersonal that the lab called directly with the results of the embryos rather than the IVF coordinator. I guess it streamlines things a bit, but I'd rather have had an email than a phone call from a complete stranger (different person each time too). Dr. Conway did call on day 5 to confirm that our embryos had stop developing (which was appreciated).
The IVF procedure (with ICSI, and freeze-all) was just under $12,000. I spent nearly $6,000 on medications (this included HGH which was well over $1,000). Each appointment with Dr. Conway was over $100 and billed to insurance (unfortunately my insurance only reduced the cost a few dollars).
Murray (closed)

Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.

2013 - 2019, Unknown Success
The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her [Dr. Conway] as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us. ... We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion. ... One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is great with people. She is patient and sometbing i really appreciated is that if the cycle didn’t work she tried her best to rectify the situation by either offering a big discount on the next cycle or offering solutions. There were times when I honestly was wondering why didn’t we try this test or that test earlier? I felt like it was a bunch of guesses as to why I wasn’t getting pregnant and then we would do some testing afterwards. The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us.
Don’t be afraid to say what you would like to see happen with your treatment or any concerns you have and be up front. She will listen and is open to suggestions.
She’s so friendly and easy to talk to. She is great at listening to concerns and validates you.
The first cycle of treatment we used metformin. We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive. It’s been so long since we first started that i honestly can’t even remember. We have done so much stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: morgan, Lacey (currently) and one more that i can’t remember )
most of the nursing staff was so great! One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion.
It was very expensive. That’s all i know. after doing two retrieval’s and many transfers and multiple surgeries. Over 30,000.
I think that her approach is correct and i feel comfortable with it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just with one coordinator who was not on her game. Other than that they are very on top of it.
Pleasant Grove

I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her.... She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer...answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared...She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer...When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
The lobby [at Utah Fertility Center] isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring...Lacy [nurse] has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend...$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is a gentle person. So understanding of our pain and grief. She brought back hope to our journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to help us through our Ivf. She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer. She contacted us personally during the journey and made sure that the clinic took care of us during that. When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
Make sure you have your list of questions and don’t be afraid to ask all of them.
Dr. Conway answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared.
After our first meeting with Dr. Conway she had use meet with a infertility urologist to see if a micro was needed. During that appointment we found cancer. We are taking care of that then we will do ivf with the sperm we were able to bank before treatment. We use icsi. We will do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacy)
Lacy has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There is a lot of tile in the lobby. The lobby isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring.
$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm. Those are all our cost so far. We are planning on about 15k for ivf
She told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They told me they were able to come and pick up the specimen from the micro tese. They were did not send someone and I had to leave my husband during post op to take the specimen to their clinic 30 minutes away.
2015 - 2019, Successful
I loved Dr. Conway! She was such an amazing doctor and always so willing to help get me through this less than ideal situation that my husband and I were facing. She always was so kind and patient in explaining everything and helping make this situation less scary and intimidating. I recommend her to anybody that I know who is struggling with infertility. I cried the day I ‘graduated’ from seeing her and went to my regular OB.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center... I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500.... But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises.
Nothing
I bled off and on almost my entire first trimester, which is scary after you’ve finally gotten pregnant after so many failed attempts. Whenever I would call in panicked, they would reassure me and see me just to put my mind at ease.
I don’t remember a ton of specifics but I do remember I was on lupron. They did also suggest doing coq10 because there were studies that it was linked to better embryo quality and we had 2 perfect embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Just like dr Conway the nursing staff was incredibly kind and compassionate! Loved working with them!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center and am so blessed to have gone there!
I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500. As everyone knows fertility treatments are expensive and mostly not covered by insurance, which is a bummer. But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises. The only thing was they didn’t inform me that I would be continuing on progesterone my entire first trimester (which at 1000 every 1 or 2 weeks- I can’t remember exactly- that would have been nice to know upfront)
Pleasant Grove

She [Dr. Conway] is very kind and informative.She is honest and knowledgeable, she tells it to you straight, but always with compassion. I only saw her for my consultation and transfer...you won’t be seeing Dr Conway every visit. You’ll only see her for the big days. Retrieval and transfer. Everything else is handled by her nurses...I always felt like Dr Conway was being consulted for all treatments...
I felt extremely comfortable and cared about [by staff at Utah Fertility Center]. The nurses are personable and very easy to be around...the vibe is relaxed here, that was very beneficial for me but some may like a more formal situation...The only issue we had was that the lab they used for sperm analysis gave conflicting results. We were told my husband had way more Sperm than he actually did. This mistake was due to the lab not the actual clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is very kind and informative.She is honest and knowledgeable, she tells it to you straight, but always with compassion. I only saw her for my consultation and transfer, otherwise I was seen by Stephanie. I always felt like Dr Conway was being consulted for all treatments.
Make sure you are ok with not seeing her every time.
When I had appointments with Dr Conway, she treated me like the most important patient of the day.
Our treatment started with testing both my husband and I. We were diagnosed with male factor infertility. Dr Conway recommended IUI with donor sperm. We were okay with this option. We did IUI twice both with negative results. Next we moved on to IVF with donor Sperm. I was put on follicle stimulants. Me pour, Gonal, Cetrotide.Dr Conway suggested that my husband provide a sample on the day of egg retrieval just in case. Thankfully he did and we’re were able to get 6 embryos using his Sperm. Our first cycle was successful and we have a three year old daughter.
I loved everyone in the clinic. I felt extremely comfortable and cared about. The nurses are personable and very easy to be around. I actually miss them now.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think a new patient should be aware that you won’t be seeing Dr Conway every visit. You’ll only see her for the big days. Retrieval and transfer. Everything else is handled by her nurses. Be aware that the vibe is relaxed here, that was very beneficial for me but some may like a more formal situation.
At the time of our treatment one IVF cycle was approximately 10,000. We paid for a 2 cycle reimbursement plan through Attain Fertility for which we paid 22,000. Meds were approximately 4000.
She and her staff strongly suggested only transferring one at a time. I always felt like I could make a different decision and they would do as I wanted.
Idaho Falls

She [Dr. Conway] wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!...She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred.
The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only grievance I had during my treatment was the expectation of a fresh transfer a few days after my egg retrieval. Since my body had produced 72 eggs, I was at risk of overstimulation, and they switched me to a frozen transfer. I think this change could have been better relayed that a frozen transfer would include waiting another month and a half and that I would have to self-administer shots for a couple months as well. I felt blindsided on what was happening and what it would entail.
Idaho Falls

Dr.Conway is an amazing doctor, which makes her a very busy doctor. It was hard to see her sometimes and she's often out of town. I switched to another doctor that had more time after my first round of IVF.... When doing fertility, you have to be ready for a transfer whenever your body is ready. This often time means that you are working with the whole fertility center you choose and not just one single doctor, so choose carefully.
The staff [Utah Fertility] is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so.... However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message....The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Conway is very nice and made me feel like she was listening to me when she was able to make the time.
I don't recall everything we did besides it being a medicated cycle. I know it took longer then expected for my body to be ready and we did get a positive pregnancy test. We managed to be pregnant for 10 weeks before we lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
The staff at Utah Fertility can be very hard to get a hold of and not always completely on the same page in your care. I was often very frustrated and confused.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so (that's so important when you're giving blood so often). However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message. Although this clinic is in Murray, all procedures and certain appointments will be out in Pleasant Grove which was a drive for me and I was not made aware until after starting treatment there.
Our first transfer with medication, egg retrieval and the actual transfer cost us $16,000.
Both doctors I've seen wanted and strongly encouraged me only doing one embryo. We did however decide to do 2 in the next round of IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount to get the shot needed. The staff was not all aware of the treatment I was receiving.
Murray (closed)

I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube. ...
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. ... Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.
Pleasant Grove

We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr [Deirdre Conway] told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs
This [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.... I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I could tell Dr Conway had the knowledge and background experience but there were still times during the course of multiple treatments that I felt confused about treatment and didn't have answers. This may have been bc she flat out didn't have answers for me or as a patient, I didn't understand. I work in the health field and know that patients hear what they want to hear at times
Not to give up if you don't get the results you want. And if you do and IVF and it fails, absolutely ask about the ERA biopsy. It was a game-changer for us
It's been many years I've undergone fertility treatments. There was one time I almost switched doctors because I felt the clinic staff was not getting back to me and I didn't know what the next step was and Conway didn't seem to have answers for me. Even so, I stuck with it and became persistent and am glad I stayed with Conway
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs. We discussed the possibility of doing a few more IUIs and after a lot of discussion and reviewing medical studies, I was glad that she didn't have us waste any more time or money on IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
Honestly, and this was only my experience, I did not like or get along with my nurse coordinator. There was a time that I asked if there was someone different I could work with, and there wasn't I would have to change doctors. I continued to work with this nurse coordinator even though our personalities did not mesh
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.
I was a unique case and was part of a drug study for the egg retrieval so I didn't have any cost associated with that part. The cost of subsequent transfers, meds, ultrasounds and visits added to be around $4500 each cycle
I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied. The first two transfers we did only transfer one embryo with no success, but the next two we transferred multiple and in our case this was the best option for success. I still have not had a pregnancy with multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Was waiting at a pharmacy and the clinic staff said they called in an rx but the pharmacy never got it and I had to call to have them call it in again. It was an rx that was specially planned on a calendar date and I needed it that day
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted to get aggressive quickly. Dr. Conway created a plan we are in the middle of and happy about. Also has been easy to reach and personable...We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash [at Utah Fertility Center] was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee...was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces...Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was incredibly helpful in our fertility planning. We came to her with a bunch of questions as well as an idea of what we wanted to do for our fertility plan. Dr. Conway created a fertility plan that checked all our boxes and progresses quickly (per our direction). We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
Be honest with yourself and your doctor about how aggressive you would like to go and how quickly you'd like to get aggressive. Don't default into a fertility plan that isn't customized to you.
Dr. Conway began me on 10mg of Letrozole for both my 1st and 2nd IUI procedures. The second procedure also included two shots of medication and then my HCG shot. Also put both myself and husband on vitamins.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining...was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box
My care coordinator [at Utah Fertility Center] was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box and ran additional testing. Because of her recommendations on doing something different I was able to carry my baby past the other pregnancies that lasted only until 7/8 weeks.
Don't wait to schedule she's an amazing doctor.
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining. Her PA Stephanie at her Idaho Falls clinic did rub me wrong a few times in how she handled certain things that came up during my treatment.
A month before FET they had me start estradiol valerate 0.15 in evening, I did this twice Week, had Labs and u/s to check lining 2 times before the actual transfer. The week of transfer they have you start progesterone in oil 1mg every morning and progesterone suppository at night. 5 days before transfer they have your take z pack and 4 days before transfer you take medrol 2x a day. The day off transfer I started lovenix shots because in my previous transfers I had started clotting and bleeding at about 7 weeks pregnant so we tried this to help prevent that from happening. After the transfer all meds except the estradiol and progesterone were stopped. Before transfer she also had me on bromocriptine because my prolactin levels were high. All of these things resulted in a pregnancy and I was able to make it past the 7/8 week window where in the past transfer I had miscarried.
My care coordinator was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule and if I try to reschedule again they won't allow it. It made me upset because I didn't want to have polyps and have them removed but it wasn't because of a scheduling issue I was rescheduling it was a medical reason. I hadn't ever rescheduled before either so it really frustrated me. She was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion for those dealing with infertility. I was really anxious because of my previous losses and at my pregnancy u/s I could tell she thought I was over anxious. I feel like since then when I've seen her she had gained a greater compassion and understanding for infertility. She was more kind and considerate of my feelings.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic was really good about telling you your schedule and calling with results of labs same day. They didn't make you feel rushed and allowed you to ask any question. I use the Idaho falls clinic but have had to travel to their Utah clinic for polyp removal and transfer. The Idaho falls clinic does do transfers but only 2-3 times a year. The waiting room in the Utah clinic I remember being really cold but they were in the midst of remodeling so the time and such were not set up like they probably typically would be.
Shipping of our embryos to clinic $207.40 Emb storage $500 (per year for years 1-4 and @ year 5 it increases to $750/yr) FET $2700 (meds & blood work are not included) $450 water ultrasound $230 for each OB ultrasound (had 2) $2,420 for biopsy and refreeze of embryo for genetic testing $600 about door meds
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and presented information about PCOS in a clear and concise way in our appointments. She answered any questions we had at every step of the way. When my second IUI did not go as planned (they missed my ovulation) she called me over the weekend to give me my options of moving forward. I had two miscarriages and after every time, she met with me to discuss possible reasons for the miscarriage and what changes we could make to my protocol.
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Be prepared with questions at every appointment with her since you will most likely be meeting with the nurses during the cycle to do the ultrasounds, IUI, etc.
Dr. Conway was very knowledgeable and took the time to follow up and meet after a protocol did not go as we wanted. When I had both miscarriages, she wanted to meet with us to discuss and explain what changes we could make to our protocol. She is kind, warm, and empathic. She even called me on her personal cell phone over the weekend to let me know what my options were for my second IUI, after having a chemical pregnancy with my first IUI.
I did one cycle of Femara and timed intercourse. Since I had done two previous cycles of timed intercourse with my OB, when that cycle didn't work out we moved on to IUI. For my first IUI cycle, I did not respond to Femara at all after five days so I took Clomid for five days. I still did not respond so I took Clomid again for another five days. At that point I had one dominant follicle so I administered my trigger shot and went in the next day for the IUI. That IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second IUI I used Clomid again for five days and then did three days of the shot. I had traveled out of town for a few days that week and then came back. They measured my dominant follicle at 14mm when I returned from my appointment. I was instructed to administer the shot twice to stimulate the growth of the follicle. When I went in for my appointment two days later, we had missed the ovulation. Dr. Conway called me that day (it was a Saturday) and told me that we could either do timed intercourse or proceed with the IUI since I may have just ovulated that day. I went with the IUI anyway and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For my third IUI, I took five days of Clomid and we increased the dosage of the shot and I administered that for three days. When I went in for my follicle checkup , I was ready to trigger and schedule my IUI. After the two week wait, my results were positive. At seven weeks we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Then the next day I started to bleed heavy and when I went in for my appointment the next week, I had miscarried already.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Sometimes I left the clinic without a clear explanation on how to get my medication or what the next step would be. There were times when I felt rushed in the transvaginal ultrasound appointments to check the growth of the follicles in my IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Over the past year I have had fertility coverage through my insurance. However, I am no longer at that place of employment so moving forward, I will have private insurance with no fertility coverage. With insurance coverage, my IUI cost around $200 for each cycle. Semen analysis for my husband was also covered and most of the ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. Medications for IUI including trigger shots cost around $250.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
In my consultation appointment, my doctor informed me that I should take an HSG test to see if both of my tubes were open. My nurse did not schedule that appointment so I was too far into my cycle when I realized that I hadn't tested for that yet. When I asked, I was told that I'd have to wait for my next cycle since we had missed the window for an HSG test. That first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then I had to wait for my HCG levels to decline and then wait for my next cycle to start for my HSG test. They ended up having to do a hysteroscopy on me because of the cysts that they found during the HSG test. This pushed back our second IUI cycle a few months. I think if we had done the HSG test in the very beginning, I would've been able to move quickly through three IUI while I had insurance with fertility coverage from my place of employment at the time.

2015 - 2018, Successful
We’ve been seeing Dr Conway off and on for about 4 years. She’s been very kind and fun. I believe she does absolutely everything she can to bring angel babies into peoples lives. She’s been so patient with all questions, and there is a lot of them when struggling with infertility. We love her.... Dr Conway is always very sweet and considerate. She always explained every question we had and made sure we understood.
The clinic has never let me down. They have been absolutely wonderful. They are quick to get you into see your Dr. and very nice and welcoming. I’ve never had a bad experience at the Utah fertility Center... Shelbi is amazing. She’s very caring and always willing to answer any questions and she’s quick at getting back with me. She’s one of the sweetest ladies I’ve ever met.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Just to be patient, there’s a lot of waiting when it comes to getting results from testing. Infertility has a lot to be explained and tests that have to be sent off for results that can take weeks to get results.
Ours was more basic than other due to the fact it was male infertility that was the issue, from a surgery back when my husband was a child. We did do all the testing to make sure I was all good as well, like the dye test and a biopsy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’m going to estimate 15,000$ For first transfer and testing, and 2900$ for the other transfers after that. Plus donor fees of 3000$ this isn’t including blood work, or medicine
Dr Conway only wanted to do one embryo, I didn’t have any questions because that’s all I wanted to do as well.
Pleasant Grove

Doctor Nps Text Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie [a nurse at UFC-Idaho Falls]. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.... I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Idaho Falls

Ask her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment...She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle...we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF [at Utah Fertility Center]. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000...Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Not drastic, just a delay in sending in a prescription once. But it was resolved very well and quickly
Pleasant Grove

Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion...you don’t end up having much direct contact with her....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses....it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful....Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just a few times we’ve had to correct minor things with the schedule. They called thinking we’d missed an appointment when it had been rescheduled.
Murray (closed)

We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers...we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic....Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring...
Our experience with this clinic [Utah Fert Ctr] recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful...The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
It was minor... on our stim cycle, the IVF coordinator said the Pharmacy would call us to set up shipping and payment in the next few days but they never called and a week had went by. It was only a few days before my calendar said I was supposed to start so I left her a message and then the pharmacy called me a few hours later. They said they'd just gotten the order (so the coordinator forgot to send it initially) and were asked to rush it. They sent everything to me overnight, which is standard due to certain things having to be refrigerated, and I had everything just in time. Granted, it was cutting it a bit close, but ended up ok. Same advice as before... be in charge of everything, follow up, ask questions, advocate! This costs to much money to leave anything to chance.
Murray (closed)
we did IVF with ICSI and PGT for genetic testing [with Dr. Deirdre Conway]...I felt like me and my husband were treated like a human. Our cycles were made specifically for me and changed to reflect how I was responding to medications. I even received a phone call directly from Dr. Conway multiple times to let me know how things were going with my treatments...She seemed so sweet and companionate. She really was honest with us in the expected course of treatment. We felt she was very knowledgeable in fertility treatment. We loved that she was very involved and wants us to succeed in treatment. We have our daughter because of her!
[Nurses at Utah Fertility Center were] Consistent and clear with the plan or changes to my treatment...It's a smaller staff which I really like because I consistently got to talk to the same people but that was also at times challenging to get live person to answer when I would call. This may have changed since they have moved...I was on a antagonist protocol with additional medication. I used Gonal-f, Menopur, Clomid, Dexamethasone, Ganirelix, and even tried Omnitrope and Testosterone. When I ended up using the additional medications I seemed to get more eggs at my retrieval. Not sure the quality was different between the cycles.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was amazing. She seemed so sweet and companionate. She really was honest with us in the expected course of treatment. We felt she was very knowledgeable in fertility treatment. We loved that she was very involved and wants us to succeed in treatment. We have our daughter because of her!
Don’t wait to schedule an appointment with her. You won’t be disappointed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center.
Can’t remember names but they were all great! Consistent and clear with the plan or changes to my treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
When I saw them when they were in an old location. Now I see they have a new building so when I am ready for our next transfer it will be in the new location. It's a smaller staff which I really like because I consistently got to talk to the same people but that was also at times challenging to get live person to answer when I would call. This may have changed since they have moved.
I don’t remember specifically the cost but we did IVF with ICSI and PGT for genetic testing.
Single healthy pregnancy is what we wanted and that is what she said would be best.