Medical SchoolWayne State
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diana Wu to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Oregon Health Sciences University to a friend?
Dr. Wu was very open to hearing how many embryos we wanted to transfer at a time, and that was discussed before we even started the process so she knew what we wanted. She did tell me that she would only transfer a maximum of two embryos as she followed the guidelines for my age. However, after that we could decide what was best for us regarding a single or multiple embryos transfer...i remember the day the nurse called me to give my husband and I a positive pregnancy result. She said over the line that Dr. Wu literally “jumped with joy” when she found out I was pregnant that morning. It so warmed our hearts to know we weren’t just numbers on a page of clients but that we were cared for in our most vulnerable times.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Diana Wu was very honest and upfront. I so appreciated this because I didn’t want anything to be sugar-coated. I wanted someone who was compassionate yet business-like so that I knew what to expect and could see she had a definite course of action to get us pregnant. She was a great communicator and explained everything and their reasoning for it at length. She also took our wants and desires into consideration regarding religious beliefs and holding to those. Overall, I honestly cannot day anything negative about her and my experience. I would go back to her again in a heartbeat.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment the same advice - take each day as it comes and to trust the doctors. Dr. Wu gave me every reason to trust her and it helped me not to worry and stress, which is so easy to succumb to. Take each moment in the process as it comes only think about that day at a time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
At every appointment it was evident Dr. Wu cared for her patients. One appointment sticks out in my mind the most. It was at our last appointment - an 8wk ultrasound for our twins. We were the last appointment of the day, and, without giving details, she had said that her prior appointment required her to give some bad news to her patients. It was obvious it affected her a lot. She said it was nice to end her day on a positive note by seeing two healthy babies and releasing me out of her care and onto a normal OB/GYN. it really struck me how much she cared for her patients by how candid she was about her prior patients’ struggles affecting her. Also, i remember the day the nurse called me to give my husband and I a positive pregnancy result. She said over the line that Dr. Wu literally “jumped with joy” when she found out I was pregnant that morning. It so warmed our hearts to know we weren’t just numbers on a page of clients but that we were cared for in our most vulnerable times.
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
Diana learned very early on through the testing they did that I was going to be very easy to stimulate with the hormone injections. She wanted to take my treatment very easy to make sure I wasn’t overstimulated, which could create underdeveloped eggs. I was on a Lupron protocol that stimulated me very easy. She wanted a balance of a good amount of eggs but also the maximum amount of eggs that were viable to be inseminated. Ultimately her drug protocol yielded 17 eggs - all of which were fully developed and able to be inseminated. She was so knowledgeable, and it was amazing to see how after each appointment she would anazlyze my numbers and adjust any amount of mediciation if needed. Ultimately, she herself did a fresh embryo transfer for me with two healthy embryos. She places the embryos perfectly in the spot she desired in my uterus. Both embryos implanted and yielded a live birth of twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: I am unsure at this time)
The care coordinator answered every question I remember having and was so organized. I appreciated that because it showed we were in good hands. The nursing staff always treated me with respect and care. I didn’t have any bad experiences with them.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I would say the only weakness of my clinic would be how the egg retrieval sedation worked. As opposed to putting me under general anesthesia, I was consciously sedated to the point I wasn’t supposed to remember anything but was supposed to be able to be functioning to listen to instructions during the procedure if needed. The anesthesiologist didn’t give me enough, and I remember being in pain during the procedure. However, I remember just feeling so ready to be pregnant that I would have done anything. To this day, I would do that procedure again and be in pain to have a healthy baby again. Everything else was so well-oiled and professional. The clinic is a teaching hospital so there were residents that often were part of the appointments. Looking back it was neat to be part of training new doctors to help couples in this kind of heartbreaking need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We paid roughly $22,000 when all was said and done. That included all the testing appointments, sperm collection/freezing, medications, and paying for the actual cycles themselves.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.

She [Dr. Wu] is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her.... I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her. Instead I'm using a clinic in NY
Do your own research and be your own advocate. Look up alternative or complimentary medications and procedures and ask about them.
My emails were answered quickly. She spent a good amount of time on the phone after my failed transfers. Disappointed that they put you in a box and don't think outside of it for protocols, especially if you have failure. When I had a miscarriage, Dr. Wu was very empathetic but the nurse answering my email didn't offer condolences at all and I had been working with them for 6 or more months. That felt bad.
I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone. We got 17 eggs, 5 5 day blasts. 1 live birth. 1 20w miscarrige. For FET we did estrace and had to increase it for lining thickness. Unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene)
She was very nice the one time I met her but I sensed irritation with my emails and when I emailed to tell them I'd had a natural pregnancy, Dani didn't offer condolences at all. It was pretty hurtful
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are by the books. Do not use alternative medications and treatment approaches. They are expensive but in line with most other clinics. The team of doctors may have some team issues but when I went through, it felt very cohesive. They will not prescribe any medications for the male
Around $16-18 not including meds. FET $2500
We did a fresh transfer of 2 because they were going to discard one. Both took but lost 1 at 20 weeks. She let me transfer what I wanted

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Wu was very in tune to even the most subtle things that I said during consultations. She would pick up on things like when I expressed unrealistic expectations for myself and the upcoming cycle and transfer and take the time to coach me on having a healthier mindset going into each step.... I was allowed to transfer two embryos after much consulting due to the nature of our genetic disease. I was counseled about the likelihood of a high risk pregnancy but was ultimately allowed to decide.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I felt like Dr. Wu was one of the most compassionate doctor she I’ve ever received care from. She was eager to do all of our procedures. She was also on the phone late into many evenings with us to talk about all of our concerns and to help us understand how to set reasonable expectations for how things would pan out. I never felt like she was in a rush to get off of the phone though. She was very thorough and could cite so much recent research regarding most of my questions. I had such a good experience there that I have actually missed the team. I’m looking forward to going back soon and showing them the beautiful boy I have thanks to her. She is a truly special person and I felt that way before I had my son. This success story does not bias my opinion of her in this case.
Prepare to spend a lot of (important) time talking about being in the right mindset throughout each procedure.
Dr. Wu was very in tune to even the most subtle things that I said during consultations. She would pick up on things like when I expressed unrealistic expectations for myself and the upcoming cycle and transfer and take the time to coach me on having a healthier mindset going into each step. She spent so much time helping me have a reasonable amount of hope where I didn’t get crushed with disappointment but still feel optimistic.
We did a frozen day 5 embryo transfer because of our need to perform PGD and PGD. A few months before the transfer I had a hysteroscopy done by Dr. Wu to remove polyps, and for a biopsy. This also offered the therapeutic effects of an endometrial scratch which was a big difference between my chemical pregnancy and the successful transfer. This was a medicated transfer that included a several week protocol including lupron, bcp’s, estrogen pills, and PIO. The egg retrieval included ganirelix, menopur, gonal f, and ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Laurie)
The nursing staff was so compassionate and friendly. They hugged me while I sobbed over my loss, they held my hand as I went through a painful procedure, and I felt so welcome that I even enjoyed a piece of cake with them to celebrate an employees transfer to another clinic. I received preferential phone calls when it was regarding something nerve wracking and when the news was bad they stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed. They will always have a special place in my heart.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are extremely organized and responsive. I wish that there was a bit more preliminary support and resources available. It would’ve been neat for them to recommend a Facebook support group, or even a sheet of pointers and tips from past patients on staying comfortable and maintaining our sanity. I also wish I would’ve had more training on administering medications.
$18k
I was allowed to transfer two embryos after much consulting due to the nature of our genetic disease. I was counseled about the likelihood of a high risk pregnancy but was ultimately allowed to decide. She preferred that i transfer two embryos of the same grade. I did transfer two and it led to a devastating chemical pregnancy.
Portland

Dr. Wu immediately made us feel comfortable from the get-go at our first appointment. She allowed us to tell our story without interruption and then very thoroughly and compassionately explained to us what we were up against and offered several options to proceed with. .... In the beginning, we just tried Ovidrel trigger shots to see if this would help me regularly ovulate, as my endometriosis was so severe that I had stopped ovulating regularly. This didn't yield any pregnancy, so then it was recommended I go through the robotic surgery to have my Stage 4 endometriosis removed, as well as a very large peritoneal cyst.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu immediately made us feel comfortable from the get-go at our first appointment. She allowed us to tell our story without interruption and then very thoroughly and compassionately explained to us what we were up against and offered several options to proceed with. After leaving our first appointment, I felt like we had hope. The road ahead seemed scary, but she has always been very re-assuring - yet very honest. When we didn't get pregnant with conservative treatment, she suggested we go ahead with surgery to remove my endometriosis and cyst. She reassured us that the whole team of doctors were going to consult on my case, as they do with every single patient there. Dr. Lee did my surgery, and I've seen him off an on throughout my IVF journey as well. Currently, I'm in the prep stage for my embryo transfer and I've had nothing but the best care throughout this entire process.
Trust the process and trust her judgment. She's exceptional and very, very thorough and particular - which is something I believe everyone wants when they're going through this sometimes scary process.
I've always felt like Dr. Wu has truly been concerned for my well being and has genuinely wanted me to get pregnant. I've never gotten the feeling that I'm "just a number". I've never met a doctor, or a group of doctors, who have so much empathy and compassion for their patient(s).
In the beginning, we just tried Ovidrel trigger shots to see if this would help me regularly ovulate, as my endometriosis was so severe that I had stopped ovulating regularly. This didn't yield any pregnancy, so then it was recommended I go through the robotic surgery to have my Stage 4 endometriosis removed, as well as a very large peritoneal cyst. We were allowed to try naturally for a few months after the surgery, but I still never got pregnant, so at the end of 2017 we decided to proceed with IVF. I began birth control in December, followed by starting my IVF injections on the 5th of January 2018. Follistim (125 units), Ganirelix (.5mL), and Menopur (75 units) are the drugs used. My Follistim dosage was only slightly decreased towards the end (around day 9 of my 10 stimulation days), but otherwise she felt the prescribed dosage was keeping me right on track. Total, I had 15 follicles retrieved, but only 8 were mature. 2 made it to the blastocyst stage and are currently frozen. As of now, I've been giving Lupron injections (20 mL and now 10mL) for the last few weeks and taking Estrace 1x/day, which will start to increase in dosage starting tomorrow. On March 16th, I will start getting Progesterone injections (50mg) and then will have my planned embryo transfer on March 22nd.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene, RN)
Dani is great. She's actually the first contact person I had when we decided to start IVF. She laid it all out in detail for me, so that I understood what the process would look like. She is very quick to respond when I send her messages in MyChart and is very thorough in making sure she's on top of sending me all of my protocols and getting all of my medications prescribed through the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU Fertility Consultants has been great to work with. From their front office staff, to the MA's and ultrasound tech and nurses, to the physicians, I honestly have no complaints. At times, they are running behind, but I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes, and the office staff is really good about letting you know if the MD's are on time (there's a board that you can see in the waiting room with all of the MD's wait times). Plan ahead for traffic and also because there's a lot of construction going on at the OHSU Waterfront, it sometimes can take a little extra time to get yourself parked. The MD's office always validates your parking, which is really nice.
At the start, I believe the Ovidrel trigger shots were around $275. I did have to pay money for some of my consultations with Dr. Wu, as well as the ultrasounds. In total for just the IVF portion (including medications and other testing), we've spent close to $18,000.
Dr. Wu said she wasn't leaning in any particular direction in regards to this. She said at this point she feels that it's a 50/50 if we decide to transfer one vs. two. She did say she will think on it and discuss with her colleagues, and then we will talk about it again at my next follow up in a week and a half.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr.Wu continues to assist me in my infertility treatment and I have always appreciated her informative feedback with my treatment. I have felt that our treatment has taken a longer than expected time. The length of time seems to be because of unexpected changes in treatment. Although I know these bumps in the road were unforeseen, i wish that the potential for treatment to change or get cancelled was told to be before hand. I feel good knowing that Dr.Wu has her patient’s best interest and is always looking for ways to better improve their chances of conceiving.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Be prepared for treatment to change and to take longer than you would hope for. It’s hard to do but be patient with your body and treatment.
Dr.Wu and her staff are extremely caring providers. They truly want to do the best to get you pregnant. Dr.Wu would rather do what’s best for your body and potential embryos instead of trying to rush through treatment without getting to know you and your partner.
My first treatments include 2 rounds with femara and 1 with clomid with timed intercourse. We tried this to start to assess my ovulation and egg production. We did not conceive. Next, we did 1 round with clomid and iui and had another round of iui cancelled due to early ovulation. We tried to iui to see if there was inability for the sperm to meet to egg. We unfortunately did not conceive and the cancelled iui was hard to take but it lead us to the decision to proceed with IVF in September of 2017. During our first IVF, we had a poor response the medications due to I oversuppression. We produced 1 blastocyst from the 5 mature and fertilized eggs. We were planning on a fresh transfer but was cancelled due to fluid in the uterine cavity. We had a medicated-FET transfer planned for November but it was cancelled due to irregularities in the lining of my uterus. The next plan was a natural FET in December which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We were happy to discover we were able to conceive with IVF and would feel comfortable moving forward with a second round of IVF. I had an endometrial scratch in January 2018. I have completed a 15 day course of 2 Menopur, 300 iu of Follistim and the addiction of human growth hormone. We have already seen improvements to the quantity of my pre-retrieval follicles; we have twice as many as our last round. We go in tomorrow for retrieval and have a potential fresh transfer next week (the day before my birthday).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oanh )
Oanh is an incredible nurse! Her compassionate and caring personality. She is great at calling back or answering when I have a question during office hours. She relays the information from the doctors afternoon meetings. On these days, the calls can be near closing time. Unfortunately, if you did not purchase medications before this time then you will be out of luck for refilling that day. I typically always tried to have enough medications for up until the next evening.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The Clinic is clean, well staffed and the online patient portal is extremely useful. The male receptionist is incredibly warm and friendly. Their office has two financial coordinators that we email your patient portion before your appointments. One of the financial coordinators (Rhonda) is very educated and informative but she is not as friendly as some of the other staff. In this position, I’d rather have some well versed in insurance than warm and bubbly. The Clinic has a total of 4 doctors that rotate so if you are the type of patient that feels more comfortable seeing 1 provider then OHSU is not for you. The positive of a multi provider practice is that you are able to have the knowledge and collective treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Oregon Health Sciences University.
All monitoring ultrasounds are performed in the morning or before 10:40am. The times fill up with egg retrievals so you may be have a huge flexibility in scheduling.
IVF cycle (not including meds) was $12,084. My meds ranged between $5,000 for my first cycle and $7000 for my current round. IUI was around $1500
Based on her patient assessment criteria, Dr.Wu informed us that we could transfer up to two embryos. Sadly, we only had one make it to transfer.
Portland

Dr. Wu showed empathy each time we didn’t get the results as we hoped, yet she was still open and honest with us as to all the possibilities, results and further options.... Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Again, Dr. Wu showed empathy which was nice to see in a doctor. Yes, she got to the point but she also took the time to really explain our results and options rather than just rushing on to the next patient.
Schedule your consult ASAP! I’m sad we waited a whole year to make the phone call from our initial referral from our primary care doctor..
Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation. Upon the mid cycle scan to double check that it was found that I had two mature follicles. I was given the option to try with timed intercourse or try an IUI. We went the IUI route. We continued this for a few more cycles in hopes of getting pregnant. I created one to two mature follicles each cycle. After the third IUI didn’t work we again met with Dr. Wu to determine our next steps. At that point we decided we were ready to try IVF. She decided she wanted us to do an antagonist protocol so we started our IVF cycle. Due to my age and high number or follicles she started me on very low doses of the atom medication and had me scheduled for frequent (every other day) ultrasounds and blood work to ensure I didn’t get Ovarian Hyperstimulation. During my first ultrasound in day 4 of stims they saw I had about 40 follicles between my two ovaries. We did 13 days of stimulation. Between day 5 and 6 of stimulation, my estrogen level dropped so they increased my follistem by 25 IU’s in hopes of it increasing. It did go back up, but they think due to this drop it caused 5 if my follicles to take the lead and the others to stop growing. On day 13 of stimulation we finally had 2 follicles that were mature. Dr. Wu predicted they would retrieve 4-5 mature follicles and of those they hoped for two embryos. She gave us the option to either proceed with the retrieval or turn it into an IUI cycle. Die to the fact that I create so many follicles, my husband and I decided to do the IUI instead in hopes of not needing to date another cycle, but if we did we would be able to get more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani)
Dani was very thorough during the whole process. She would always call on the phone and then send a follow up email to ensure I had all the information needed. She was always friendly and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
A huge strength is that the whole team of very friendly. Everyone from the front desk, the nurse who draws your blood to the doctor we’re always very kind. I would always leave there thinking how friendly everyone was. My husband and I would even often talk about it on our way out. They are also large enough that they have early morning hours and weekend appointments available for cycling patients. There is also a pharmacy in the same building which made picking up medications very convenient.
Consultation appointment- $425 Mid-cycle scan/ ultrasound- $325 each IUI including sperm wash and Artificial Insemination- $463 each Genetics Consult- $107 The IVF package we chose included 1 retrieval and up to two transfer- $13,009. Medication for IVF cycle- $3,072.67
We did not make it to the transfer, but I know she mentioned only transferring one, possibly 2 embryos depending on how many we got.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS
My treatments [with Dr. Diana Wu] constantly changed as we figured out how my body reacted with certain drugs etc...As things came up and my body either accepted or rejected the treatments we were partaking in she made adjustments and made me comfortable with these adjustments...was extremely knowledgable and explained each process that we were going through thoroughly.
2014 - 2017
European, Other
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu was extremely knowledgable and explained each process that we were going through thoroughly. As things came up and my body either accepted or rejected the treatments we were partaking in she made adjustments and made me comfortable with these adjustments. The other doctors on her staff were just as knowledgable and trustworthy. It is such an emotional process and I felt supported by all of them. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Wu to anyone who is going through fertility treatment, no matter what stage they are at!
Stay patient and trust in the process. There is not one definite answer for every patient. The doctors will have to adjust and change your treatments based on how your body reacts to certain things, but believe it or not they know what is best for you. Its very frustrating and emotional, but the Doctors are there to help and support you and your partner during the entire process.
I was cared for by each nurse and doctor at the clinic like I was their only patient. They were interested in my family and I as if we were long-time friends asking about work, travel, my child...etc. They were genuinely concerned when things didn't go as planned and equally overjoyed when they did go well! I felt truly cared for by this amazing staff.
My treatments constantly changed as we figured out how my body reacted with certain drugs etc. I started out on Letrazole and added in Levathoroxin. We later added in a trigger shot to encourage ovulation. We tried IUI a few times this way before adding in Gonal-F farther down the road as we realized we were not getting enough eggs to ovulate. This took two IUI attempts as the first one ended in a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage. However by increasing the Letrazole and the Gonal-F so that I resulted in 5 eggs that could be fertilized this finally ended in a positive pregnancy and singleton birth.
The nursing staff were amazing! They were invested in our families fertility journey and showed immense compassion and support during the difficult and even wonderful times. They were extremely knowledgeable about the process I was going through and when they didn't know the answer to my questions, found out the information so they could stay informed and supportive.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU is amazing! The process we went through to get pregnant was arduous and long but they never pressured us into any procedure we were not ready for. They let us take breaks when we needed too and followed up to make sure we felt emotionally supported. I would absolutely recommend this clinic to anyone looking to begin or continue their fertility journey.
Portland

Dr. Wu is so personable. When you consult with her, you meet her in her office, which feels very peaceful. She remembers personal details about you, and asks follow-up questions with genuine care.... Dr. Wu first managed my care in the middle of a frozen transfer cycle with a doctor out-of-state. The first thing she did was check my vitamin D and thryoid, and immediately put me on supplements and a thyroid med for low thyroid.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We had our IVF cycle and embryo transfer in one state and relocated. Dr. Wu was willing to manage my care in Oregon, which was so helpful. She is highly educated on new research in the fertility world, and often brought in that knowledge and expertise to my care. I felt like she was giving me the best possible chance at becoming pregnant and having a baby.
Dr. Wu first managed my care in the middle of a frozen transfer cycle with a doctor out-of-state. The first thing she did was check my vitamin D and thryoid, and immediately put me on supplements and a thyroid med for low thyroid. I believe this was the reason my 3rd embryo transfer was successful. She also doubled my progesterone dose at this time. Unfortunately, this transfer ultimately ended in miscarriage at 15 weeks. After I healed, she did another frozen transfer using the standard protocol - birth control for a certain amount of time, then estrogen pills, the progesterone IM injections, 10 mL daily. This transfer resulted in a negative test. Then I did a "natural cycle" transfer, whichI highly recommend if you meet the criteria. From everything Dr. Wu told me and what I read, a natural cycle has the same success as a medicated one, when certain criteria are met. The meds were cheaper, monitoring was less, and I felt like it was more natural. It ended in a negative test as well, but there were questions surrounding both transfers related to the quality of the embryos after thawing. They just didn't thaw well (they were frozen at another clinic).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University.
The nurse coordinator seemed kind and helpful. She was very warm, reassuring, and encouraging. I always felt like she had a large caseload though. Messages were usually returned promptly, but not always, and she sometimes had to refer to notes before answering a question, which is definitely a good thing, but just made me feel like she didn't know me as well.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The clinic is in a highly academic environment. There are lots of hallways and rooms, and you can feel a little lost. It is well run and efficient. The waiting area is beautiful, offering huge windows with a great view of downtown Portland. The staff are all professional and friendly.
A frozen transfer was around $2,000 including all monitoring.
Dr. Wu elected both times to have 2 embryos transferred. This was done after careful consideration of my health history. This was my 4th and 5th transfer, so that was the main reason for trying 2 each time. I was referred to a high-risk OB/GYN before the transfers though to make sure that there wouldn't be any unusual risks to me should both embryos take and I become pregnant with twins. I appreciated that she wanted an outside opinion to make sure this was a safe option before pursuing the 2-embryo transfer.
Portland

She [Dr. Wu] was very nice in person, but we felt like we had to push to get answers or to do different tests. We aren’t any closer to our goal than when we started there despite her telling us how easy she thought it was going to be....by the end of our 3rd cycle we felt like maybe we weren’t going in a good direction and she didn’t seem willing to change her direction or consider changing the treatment to fit me.... We only ever saw our doctor when we came in specifically to meet with her
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We only ever saw our doctor when we came in specifically to meet with her which was 3 times. She was very nice, but by the end of our 3rd cycle we felt like maybe we weren’t going in a good direction and she didn’t seem willing to change her direction or consider changing the treatment to fit me.
Be okay with only seeing her in her office and don’t be afraid to ask for what you want to happen. She is very nice, just seems like maybe she’s got more important patients with bigger issues than yours.
She was very nice in person, but we felt like we had to push to get answers or to do different tests. We aren’t any closer to our goal than when we started there despite her telling us how easy she thought it was going to be.
All 3 cycles were the same with jus5 an increase in potency of the pill medication to get my ovaries to respond. We used Femara (Letrozole) on cycle days 3-7 and then had a follicle scan on day 13. Based on the results of the scan determined when to induce ovulation using a trigger shot called Ovidrel. All 3 cycles were just timed intercourse. After the 2nd failed cycle we insisted on my husband being tested to make sure there wasn’t any issue with him. To our relief (kind of) there wasn’t. On cycle 2 and 3 we had to redose with femara a second time for an addition 5 days and do another follicle scan in order to see results in my ovaries. Cycle 1 was 5mg of femara for 5 days. I produced a 15mm egg and an 18mm egg. We triggered on day 14 and I got my period 14 days later. Cycle 2 was 5mg for 5 days and the redose at 7.5mg for 5 days. I then produced a 26mm follicle that we triggered and again got my period 14 days later. Cycle 3 was 7.5mg for 5 days and then redose again at 7.5mg also. I produced a 20mm egg which we triggered and for the 3rd time I got my period 14 days later.
We never got to know any specific nurse. If we weren’t a number to our doctor we certainly were to the nurses. Seemed like we were just another patient.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
We saw every doctor in our clinic at least once. They all followed what Dr. Wu wanted to do moving forward instead of changing her plan and if they weren’t sure they consulted her before telling us the next step. So we never had every doctors opinion coming at us all at once.
Our insurance at the time helped. Each time we had a consultation it was $40. Each ultrasound (we had 5 in total) was $110. Our femara was about $5 each time at the pharmacy. My husbands semen analysis was $120. Our Ovidrel was $68 for each of our 3 cycles. I don’t know what any of the lab work cost. That was covered entirely by insurance. I never had any other procedures or treatments.
We did not do ivf.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Unexplained
When starting my cycle you are told it will be about 10 days of shots. However, Dr. Wu realized that my body was not reacting to the medication as it should. We kept a slow and steady pace, after 28 days we got three big and perfect eggs!... always takes the time to ask me about the things going on in my life, makes me feel heard and takes the time to always answer my questions (even when they are repetitive)
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I started to see Dr. Wu when I was 18. She has always been compassionate and taken the time to answer every single question in great detail. The only bad thing is that Dr. Wu is running late most of the time, but it’s because she takes the time to make you feel heard.
Ask all the questions you want, seriously no question is a bad question.
Dr. Wu always takes the time to ask me about the things going on in my life, makes me feel heard and takes the time to always answer my questions (even when they are repetitive)
Oanh was compassionate and always there to help me talk through things. Nurse Oanh is who I talked to when I found out our cycle didn’t work, she let me cry on the phone and said all the right things I needed in that moment. She’s great!
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The clinic is well organized, easy to find, good parking situation and clean. The one downer about the clinic is that not all the receptionists are as compassionate as the nurses and Doctors at the clinic.
Because of our cycle taking about 28 days before procedure the medication cost was a lot. We paid about $8000.00 in total for everything.

3 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Dr. Wu is personable, warm, and very detailed. When discussing results of testing and our treatment plan, she “shows her work,” sites research, and gives clear recommendations. She is also open to our questions and spends as much time as we need to thoroughly understand our decisions and next steps. She is very kind and compassionate.... I was given an individualized treatment plan, shown the process my doctor went to to arrive at various recommendations and then empowered to make my own decisions to chose the best route for me and my husband.
3 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
You will be well respected and no questions will go unanswered, so don’t feel afraid to ask.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oanh)
Oanh is warm and kind. She is also a skilled communicator, especially in writing (my preferred method of communicating with staff due to work and my schedule). She is detail oriented and responds very quickly to my questions.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The clinic runs smoothly and efficiently. The only weakness I see is the wait times to speak to a person on the phone, although I prefer to communicate over the digital message system they use (which is very convenient). The lobby is nice with a great view. Parking is free. The physicians communicate with each other and collaborate on their patients regularly (my IVF protocol was “peer reviewed” before we started). Some of the physicians are also involved in research.
She has reviewed with us that it is important to do everything we can to promote a singleton pregnancy. We were adamant that we would only start with one single PGS embryo transfer at a time and she was supportive of this. I believe she would make her recommendation individualized to the specific patient and their diagnoses/history.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Diana Wu] did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I had a good experience. I unfortunately was going through my iUI experience while she was going out of town so I went back an forth between her and another doctor. I felt like she heard me and listened to what I had to say. I appreciated that I felt like a patient and not a number.
Speak up for yourself! She will listen to you.
She talked to me and really communicated well with me. She acted like she really knew what we were going through. And she was willing to listen to my suggestions.
She did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oahn )
Loved my nurse! She followed up and communicated great. I appreciated her care and compassion for me.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Really hard to get an appointment. I waiting almost 2 months to get in which only left me 2 cycles before my insurance ran out. they are good at communicating. Free parking. It’s hard to talk to anyone when calling. Always expect a call back!
It was 100% covered under my insurance so I do not know the cost.
I do not have comments.
Portland

Dr. Wu is very kind, energetic, and knowledgeable. She looked at our case as a whole and made adjustments according to us. She explained things fully, and would re-explain if we had questions. I can’t wait to try for baby #2 with her in the future.... After each fail she would personally call us to talk about what she thought went wrong, she also called after our BFP.... once we figured out that polyps were an issue we adjusted the plan to include a d&c before the next transfer. This resulted in our BFP
Trust her
Dr. We was very friendly. After each fail she would personally call us to talk about what she thought went wrong, she also called after our BFP.
I can’t recall our exact protocol, but once we figured out that polyps were an issue we adjusted the plan to include a d&c before the next transfer. This resulted in our BFP
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
The staff was amazing! They were kind, remembered us, and by the time we “graduated “ they would give us hugs and encouragement
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Strength: amazing team to work with, payment plans available, always got back to me when I had questions, pharmacy mailed medication Weakness: downtown Portland.... parking could be a pain, medication was spendy, no clinics closer to where I live.
We got a loan for our process minus medication: $23k Medication: $6-7k

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
We are so grateful that we found Dr. Wu along our fertility journey and cannot thank her and her team enough for helping us achieve our dream of having a baby. We found Dr. Wu to be one of the most caring physicians we have had, very knowledgeable and so compassionate. We really appreciated that she paid such close attention to all of the details of the IVF cycle. You can tell she loves what she does, genuinely cares for her patients and wants to help them get pregnant.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Trust in her care
We loved Dr.Wu!! We had such a wonderful experience working with her and her nurse. She always knew and remembered our history, and paid careful attention to every detail of our treatment plans. We knew she genuinely cared for us and about our goal of having a baby, and always rooting for us to succeed.
2 Clomid and IUI cycles Donor egg IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Lori)
We knew that nurses were also rooting for our success and were very caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The waiting room has a beautiful view of the city which can be calming before ultrasound and blood draw visits. The office can be busy so try to be patient. The staff and doctors are all very caring, and we know they are trying their best to make sure we're well taken care of.
We did a single embryo transfer and conceived on the 1st cycle, which resulted in our son. We have another 5 blastocysts frozen and plan to try for another baby next year.
Portland
Dr. Wu has always very professional and warm. She calmly laid out our plan and likelihood of success without offering any crazy promises...My wife took one round of fertility drugs and we started with IUI, as Dr. Wu thought this would carry a good likelihood of success without the financial burden of IVF. Fortunately, this initial treatment resulted in a pregnancy and successful birth...
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
My wife and I were always treated with the utmost respect by Dr. Wu. Her plan for us was laid out clearly and luckily we had a successful pregnancy after one round of IUI and hormonal treatment.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU is well organized and offers all services within their organization. They don't push for IVF as a first resort, unless necessary
Our total costs were under $1000 as the fertility drugs and IUI were mostly covered by health insurance.
Portland

She [Dr. Wu] has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated...
She has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Very understanding and compassionate Dr [Dr. Wu] very smart felt I was in the best hands always gave understandable feedback always positive always treated with respect great office great clinic great nurses always on time... [Oregon Health Sciences U was] Very organized very clean always nice to work with the staff always on time never had to wait more than 5-10 min no problems what so ever checking in. Office was very professional and staffed with the best doctors available
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Very understanding and compassionate Dr very smart felt I was in the best hands always gave understandable feedback always positive always treated with respect great office great clinic great nurses always on time
Get ready to have a baby
I don’t remember the protocol
17,000$