6.9

Diana Wu works at

3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500

My doctor [Dr. Wu] was aggressive and I liked that. Unfortunately I found out later that her aggressive treatment was actually not the correct approach. She miss that I had Poly cystic ovaries and therefore her treatment plan was ultimately unsafe. ... I really got the feeling that she was trying as hard as she could and that she genuinely cared about me and my desire to start a family.
The androlgy department [OHSU] was fantastic. They really took great care of my donor and made that process as smooth and easy as possible. The reception desk was also great. They clearly would post wait times for your doctor upon check in which was appreciated. ... My nurse was very good at getting back to me quickly with any questions that I had. If she was out she always had someone cover for her. She was simply a nice person to work with and it was greatly appreciated!
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Diana is great at explains everything clearly and treating you like a human being. She is in your team the whole way through. She really makes you feel like she cares. Unfortunately in my case she misdiagnosed Atypical POCs and therefore I will not be returning to her for further treatment. I do feel like this was missed simply due to lack of knowledge.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu is very kind and great at explaining the treatment. I would encourage you to ask her why she is choosing the treatment that she is. Making sure that she is looking at the whole picture.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I really felt like Dr. Wu was in this with me and wanted a pregnancy for me just as much as I did. I really got the feeling that she was trying as hard as she could and that she genuinely cared about me and my desire to start a family.
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrizole x2. Negative pregnancy on both. IUI with Letrizole and follicle stimulation. Positive pregnancy ending in misscarrage at 11w ultrasound. D&C. The fetus was tested and came back with Turner Syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oanh)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The androlgy department was fantastic. They really took great care of my donor and made that process as smooth and easy as possible. The reception desk was also great. They clearly would post wait times for your doctor upon check in which was appreciated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Each IUI cost around $2,000. Not including medications.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
My doctor was aggressive and I liked that. Unfortunately I found out later that her aggressive treatment was actually not the correct approach. She miss that I had Poly cystic ovaries and therefore her treatment plan was ultimately unsafe. She and all the doctors and nurses at OHSU were very nice to work with. They were kind and supportive but in the end they weren’t actually doing what was. Eat for me in my situation.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Atbthe time I was unaware of the fact hat I had Poly Cystic ovaries. I have now been diagnosed and looking back upon my treatment at OHSU this was missed and therefore my treatment was not appropriate.
Treated 2016
She [Dr. Wu] has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated...
She has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated
Treated 2015
She [Dr. Wu] was very nice in person, but we felt like we had to push to get answers or to do different tests. We aren’t any closer to our goal than when we started there despite her telling us how easy she thought it was going to be....by the end of our 3rd cycle we felt like maybe we weren’t going in a good direction and she didn’t seem willing to change her direction or consider changing the treatment to fit me.... We only ever saw our doctor when we came in specifically to meet with her
We never got to know any specific nurse. If we weren’t a number to our doctor we certainly were to the nurses [Oregon Health Sciences U]. Seemed like we were just another patient.... We were always the ones to call and ask what was next or what our results were. No information was offered or conveyed without us requesting it. I feel like there was more we should have known or done and yet the options were never really given to us and at the t8me we didn’t even know to ask.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We only ever saw our doctor when we came in specifically to meet with her which was 3 times. She was very nice, but by the end of our 3rd cycle we felt like maybe we weren’t going in a good direction and she didn’t seem willing to change her direction or consider changing the treatment to fit me.
Be okay with only seeing her in her office and don’t be afraid to ask for what you want to happen. She is very nice, just seems like maybe she’s got more important patients with bigger issues than yours.
She was very nice in person, but we felt like we had to push to get answers or to do different tests. We aren’t any closer to our goal than when we started there despite her telling us how easy she thought it was going to be.
All 3 cycles were the same with jus5 an increase in potency of the pill medication to get my ovaries to respond. We used Femara (Letrozole) on cycle days 3-7 and then had a follicle scan on day 13. Based on the results of the scan determined when to induce ovulation using a trigger shot called Ovidrel. All 3 cycles were just timed intercourse. After the 2nd failed cycle we insisted on my husband being tested to make sure there wasn’t any issue with him. To our relief (kind of) there wasn’t. On cycle 2 and 3 we had to redose with femara a second time for an addition 5 days and do another follicle scan in order to see results in my ovaries. Cycle 1 was 5mg of femara for 5 days. I produced a 15mm egg and an 18mm egg. We triggered on day 14 and I got my period 14 days later. Cycle 2 was 5mg for 5 days and the redose at 7.5mg for 5 days. I then produced a 26mm follicle that we triggered and again got my period 14 days later. Cycle 3 was 7.5mg for 5 days and then redose again at 7.5mg also. I produced a 20mm egg which we triggered and for the 3rd time I got my period 14 days later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We never got to know any specific nurse. If we weren’t a number to our doctor we certainly were to the nurses. Seemed like we were just another patient.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
We saw every doctor in our clinic at least once. They all followed what Dr. Wu wanted to do moving forward instead of changing her plan and if they weren’t sure they consulted her before telling us the next step. So we never had every doctors opinion coming at us all at once.
Our insurance at the time helped. Each time we had a consultation it was $40. Each ultrasound (we had 5 in total) was $110. Our femara was about $5 each time at the pharmacy. My husbands semen analysis was $120. Our Ovidrel was $68 for each of our 3 cycles. I don’t know what any of the lab work cost. That was covered entirely by insurance. I never had any other procedures or treatments.
We did not do ivf.