7.1

3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos [with Dr. Diana Wu]. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick...The doctor was pretty solid but I think she was overstretched because there was a lot of miscommunication through her nurse. And I got a lot of wrong information from her nurse as well. One example of this is missing starting a medication on time because nobody communicated the timeline with me until a few days after it was supposed to begin
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was [at Oregon Health Sciences University] because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation...I believe the whole process of IVF aside from medication was about $4,500. medications were maybe $200 per cycle.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Stay on top of dates and make sure that you know ahead of time what to expect in terms of protocol
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I went to Oregon reproductive medicine before OHSU, and then cold and clinical, OHSU was friendly and considerate even with bad news
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I love the flexibility of OHSU and how kind they were to me, people are always there and friendly. even on Christmas Eve when I had to come in for treatment people were friendly and kind. our weaknesses maybe that there are a lot of people in charge of your care so sometimes there's miscommunication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
She urged us to go with single embryo transfer because of the risks associated with multiples
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
As previously described there was some miscommunication in terms of medication and timing. I also ordered a very expensive series of medications only to be told that the protocol was changing, and then the nurse told me that I could return the medication when I talked about the expense and then when I got there that was incorrect.

2015 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Wu] is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her.... I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone.
They [Oregon Health Sciences University] are by the books. Do not use alternative medications and treatment approaches. They are expensive but in line with most other clinics. The team of doctors may have some team issues but when I went through, it felt very cohesive. They will not prescribe any medications for the male... She [nurse] was very nice the one time I met her but I sensed irritation with my emails and when I emailed to tell them I'd had a natural pregnancy
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her. Instead I'm using a clinic in NY
Do your own research and be your own advocate. Look up alternative or complimentary medications and procedures and ask about them.
My emails were answered quickly. She spent a good amount of time on the phone after my failed transfers. Disappointed that they put you in a box and don't think outside of it for protocols, especially if you have failure. When I had a miscarriage, Dr. Wu was very empathetic but the nurse answering my email didn't offer condolences at all and I had been working with them for 6 or more months. That felt bad.
I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone. We got 17 eggs, 5 5 day blasts. 1 live birth. 1 20w miscarrige. For FET we did estrace and had to increase it for lining thickness. Unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene)
She was very nice the one time I met her but I sensed irritation with my emails and when I emailed to tell them I'd had a natural pregnancy, Dani didn't offer condolences at all. It was pretty hurtful
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are by the books. Do not use alternative medications and treatment approaches. They are expensive but in line with most other clinics. The team of doctors may have some team issues but when I went through, it felt very cohesive. They will not prescribe any medications for the male
Around $16-18 not including meds. FET $2500
We did a fresh transfer of 2 because they were going to discard one. Both took but lost 1 at 20 weeks. She let me transfer what I wanted
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We had failed transfers. I did 2 FET with my 3 remaining embryos 3 years later and they failed. I'd developed hashimoto after my son and Dr. Wu only considered the failure was related to my age/bad embryos, and I disagree. They don't stick with upcoming research and wouldn't offer me any adjuvant medication or treatment
Portland
She [Dr. Diana Wu] did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Really hard to get an appointment [at OHSU]. I waiting almost 2 months to get in which only left me 2 cycles before my insurance ran out. they are good at communicating. Free parking. It’s hard to talk to anyone when calling. Always expect a call back!... Loved my nurse! She followed up and communicated great. I appreciated her care and compassion for me.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I had a good experience. I unfortunately was going through my iUI experience while she was going out of town so I went back an forth between her and another doctor. I felt like she heard me and listened to what I had to say. I appreciated that I felt like a patient and not a number.
Speak up for yourself! She will listen to you.
She talked to me and really communicated well with me. She acted like she really knew what we were going through. And she was willing to listen to my suggestions.
She did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oahn )
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Really hard to get an appointment. I waiting almost 2 months to get in which only left me 2 cycles before my insurance ran out. they are good at communicating. Free parking. It’s hard to talk to anyone when calling. Always expect a call back!
It was 100% covered under my insurance so I do not know the cost.
I do not have comments.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Nothing major. I would have to call to find out my results from my initial testing before they would.