Medical SchoolU. of Albany
FellowshipU. of Louisville
8415 N Pima Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-434-6565
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diane Woodford to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bloom Repr Institute to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She is more scientific in her delivery of advice but I found that I could get straight, direct answers from her which helped us make a confident decision. She is very intelligent and cares about her field and patients. ... Dr. Woodford highly recommends a single transfer of a normal embryo due to the high risk of twins. ... She took into account our medical history, age, etc. and then monitored me along the way to alter the dosage as necessary.
Bloom is a modern clinic with up to date equipment, they slow down in December for a week to have their lab maintenance done. The whole Bloom team really works together well to get you the information and medical assistance you need. ... They are coordinated and caring. I felt I could get help from anyone I spoke with when I was there (even if that wasn't their direct job, they would find someone to answer my question right away). I felt very supported there and that I could go through this very difficult process successfully.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Dr. Woodford has a lot of experience. I had a ton of questions at the initial consult and she answered all of them for over an hour at the end of her day. She was thorough and specific without letting me get overly emotional, she stuck with me on what she felt she could and couldn't do. She recommended 3 more IUI's since we previously had a chemical pregnancy on one of our previous 3 at another clinic. When I explained that I was ready for a more aggressive strategy to do IVF, she explained what the next steps would be. I feel she got our medication protocol right the 1st round (we retrieved 16 eggs,15 mature). She took into account our medical history, age, etc. and then monitored me along the way to alter the dosage as necessary. Both my HSG test and my egg retrieval were great. I thought I would feel pain from these and I didn't have any pain the next day. I was scared to go under anesthesia and she held my hand until I was out, then she came by my bed when I woke up after to tell us we got great numbers from the retrieval. When we had our consult on the embryos, she reviewed in detail her thoughts of what happened (we went from 16 retrieved, to 12 fertilized, to 2 embryos at end Day 7). We lost 10 from day 3-7 and she went through what bad embryo quality tells us. I feel that she gave us very honest advice and support on what to do next. We waited a cycle to give us time to try improving embryo quality, we will try another retrieval soon with an increased medication dosage.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Do not let your emotional state get in the way of hearing what advice Dr. Woodford can give you. She is more scientific in her delivery of advice but I found that I could get straight, direct answers from her which helped us make a confident decision. She is very intelligent and cares about her field and patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Dr. Woodford was thorough during our consultation. She explained in detail what our options were and straight forward about what our expectations could be. When I went in for my retrieval, I was emotional about being under anesthesia, Dr. Woodford held my hand until I was out. I had an HSG and a retrieval done with Dr. Woodford and both I felt little to no pain. I feel she understands her job very well and takes a more scientific approach to understanding your obstacles. That works great for me because I feel she cares and is honest about what to expect. From the beginning she created a medication protocol that took into account our medical information and not a standard "1st time IVF" protocol.
Describe the protocols Diane Woodford used in your cycles at Bloom Repr Institute and their degree of success.
We've done one IVF stimulation so far with Dr. Woodford. Due to my age (37) she started with a larger than normal Menopur and Gonal-f protocol. Day 1-6, Menopur 75iu & Gonal-f 300iu, Day 6-12 Cetrotide 25 added, Menopur increase to 150iu. Day 9 Gonal-f increase to 375iu. I had 17 & 9 follicles to start, this protocol produced 16 eggs, 15 mature, 12 fertilized, 2 embryos sent for PGS testing, 1 normal & 1 abnormal (not mosaic). I really feel she nailed the "drug cocktail" right the first time to retrieve 16 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bloom Repr Institute. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole is wonderful. She always returns my emails or phone calls promptly. Any questions I ask, she will find the answers from the doctor. She gives me a phone call with test results every time. She works with you to send medications the pharmacy when you need them (I used 2-3 pharms). She has been informative, supportive and a great care coordinator. I am so grateful she is a part of the Bloom team.
Describe your experience with Bloom Repr Institute.
Bloom is a modern clinic with up to date equipment, they slow down in December for a week to have their lab maintenance done. The whole Bloom team really works together well to get you the information and medical assistance you need. IVF is a complicated overwhelming process and they really make it easier here. They are coordinated and caring. I felt I could get help from anyone I spoke with when I was there (even if that wasn't their direct job, they would find someone to answer my question right away). I felt very supported there and that I could go through this very difficult process successfully.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute.
Full IVF (stimulation & transfer cycle) w/o medication was $13,900 + $1,800 PGS embryo biopsy. PGS testing at offsite facility $350 per embryo or $1600 for up to 8 embryos. Medications $3,695. Everything else they billed medically and I paid my insurance co-pay or deductible. This saved me $200 per consult, $270 per ultrasound, $50-75 per blood test.
Describe Diane Woodford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Bloom Repr Institute.
We discussed single vs multiple embryo transfer. Dr. Woodford highly recommends a single transfer of a normal embryo due to the high risk of twins. However she would transfer up to 2 if we decided to due to my age.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute.

Dr Woodford definitely knows what’s she is doing! She is very knowledgeable about treatments and personalized them for her patients. She is also kind and funny which goes a long way when you are in the midst of infertility and doing treatments!... We would do a baseline ultrasound somewhere between CD’s 1-3. Once we were cleared, I would start taking oral femara in CD’s 3-7. I would the. Go in for another ultrasound to see that my eggs responded to the medication.
They [Bloom Reproductive Institute] are SO fast! They get you in for appointments so quickly and are still so thorough! I loved everything about them! The only thing that was a little difficult was getting someone on the phone when I would call.... I can’t say enough good things about Tamara! She did my ultrasound and my first IUI! She was so sweet, gentle, compassionate and kind! She made mme feel special and cared for!
How was your experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Go see her! Seriously, you’ll love her, you’ll love the staff, you’ll love heir office, prices and just the whole experience!!
Our consultation was amazing! She was thorough and treated us so well! She was willing to work with our timeline for treatment since we wanted to start ASAP since we were in town from NV.
We would do a baseline ultrasound somewhere between CD’s 1-3. Once we were cleared, I would start taking oral femara in CD’s 3-7. I would the. Go in for another ultrasound to see that my eggs responded to the medication. Once that was confirmed, I was instructed to do my trigger Shot (ovidrel) at home that night at a specific time. I was also scheduled for my IUI 48 hours later. On the day of the IUI, my husband gave his sample in the office. It was processed/washed and we returned 2 hours later for the actual IUI. Once the IUI was done, I was told to lay still for 10-15 minutes and then we were done. I was started on vaginal progesterone cream th day after my IUI. I had a blood progesterone test a week after my IUI and a boood pregnancy test 2 weeks after my IUI. Both IUI’s resulted in a negative result :(
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bloom Repr Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tamara)
I can’t say enough good things about Tamara! She did my ultrasound and my first IUI! She was so sweet, gentle, compassionate and kind! She made mme feel special and cared for! She was always so encouraging and supportive! I can’t say enough good things about her!!
Describe your experience with Bloom Repr Institute.
They are SO fast! They get you in for appointments so quickly and are still so thorough! I loved everything about them! The only thing that was a little difficult was getting someone on the phone when I would call. I would always have to leave a message and they would call me back-which was fine but it’s hard to wait when you’re doing fertility treatments!
Our IUI was 1170.00 with the ultrasounds. We paid additional money for the medications and trigger shot.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
our doctor [Dr. Woodford] has very strong preferences regarding eSET and given we did not meet her criteria for multiple embryo transfer, it was not really an option for us. After being explained to the risks involved we ultimately found ourselves in agreement...is very compassionate and always starts and ends each appointment asking us how we are feeling about cycles and plans rather than assuming we are always on board with everything.
[Bloom Reproductive Institute is] Very organized but occasionally medical staff needs reminders to follow up with non-essential information. We found communicating directly with our assigned coordinator via email is the easiest way to send and receive information in a timely fashion. Calling and leaving voicemails was rarely effective, and we would often be sent to a generic medical staff voicemail instead of straight to our coordinator.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Dr. Woodford is very compassionate and knowledgeable. We never feel disconnected or like she is not invested in our success. She engages us in conversation about our treatments and is frequently asking us how we feel things are going. She also regularly encourages us to do our own research and to never be shy about challenging information with information. Conversations are also very productive because we are not taking marching orders, we are working together with her to find the common ground where everyone is comfortable with “the plan”
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If she doesn’t immediately have the answer she will find it!
Dr. Woodford is very compassionate and always starts and ends each appointment asking us how we are feeling about cycles and plans rather than assuming we are always on board with everything.
Describe your experience with Bloom Repr Institute.
Yes, our doctor has very strong preferences regarding eSET and given we did not meet her criteria for multiple embryo transfer, it was not really an option for us. After being explained to the risks involved we ultimately found ourselves in agreement.

2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
We did three rounds of IUI [with Dr. Woodford] that were unsuccessful in causing pregnancy. We then moved to IVF. We have done two egg retrieval’s with PGS testing. We currently have one frozen normal embryo and are doing another egg retrieval in order to bank more eggs...obviously cares and takes time to talk personally with her patients... is super friendly and very knowledgeable. She is very good at communicating what is going on in your body during treatments. I trust her because she is honest about expectations. Because I go to the satellite office in Gilbert, I don’t see her as often as I would like. She is very reachable by email and telephone though.
The staff [at Bloom Reproductive Institute] are all very nice and caring. You will get to know the Gilbert staff very well if you go there. Appointments are quick. Sometimes navigating the phones and getting a hold of the person you want to can be complicated...We did three rounds of IUI that were unsuccessful in causing pregnancy. We then moved to IVF. We have done two egg retrieval’s with PGS testing. We currently have one frozen normal embryo and are doing another egg retrieval in order to bank more eggs.
2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
Dr. Woodford is super friendly and very knowledgeable. She is very good at communicating what is going on in your body during treatments. I trust her because she is honest about expectations. Because I go to the satellite office in Gilbert, I don’t see her as often as I would like. She is very reachable by email and telephone though.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and to voice your opinions and concerns.
Dr. Woodford obviously cares and takes time to talk personally with her patients.
Describe your experience with Bloom Repr Institute.
The staff are all very nice and caring. You will get to know the Gilbert staff very well if you go there. Appointments are quick. Sometimes navigating the phones and getting a hold of the person you want to can be complicated.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
our doctor [Dr. Diane Woodford] has been wonderful...she has been in communication with us very upfront about what to expect...if we don’t achieve those expectations within a certain timeframe and that will adjust expectations and protocol if necessary. She is always open to having a conversation Or appointment if you just want to check in with her if you feel like you’re not getting what you need from the clinic and I absolutely love that that they will make a time to see the patients just to have a conversation to both get on the same page and all that stuff goes along way for me
The staff at the location [of Bloom Reproductive Institute] I go to is wonderful. Blanca treats everyone like family and remembers you and your life and is just incredibly Sweet and caring. Kim is incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and also to the point which I really appreciate...it is all vary based on your individual needs, history, age, health...absolutely take everything into consideration and doEverything they can to help people grow their families and I just admire the work that is being done at this clinic and although they’re a little things that I would love to fix overall it’s where I know I need to
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diane Woodford at Bloom Repr Institute?
As stated previously it rubbed me the wrong way when certain things were discussed at my consultation that were not followed through with later visits and I had to call and bug and email reminders about certain things. Beyond that and being able to get past that because it was more clerical than anything our doctor has been wonderful she has been in communication with us very upfront about what to expect said an outline for us if we don’t achieve those expectations within a certain timeframe and that will adjust expectations and protocol if necessary. She is always open to having a conversation Or appointment if you just want to check in with her if you feel like you’re not getting what you need from the clinic and I absolutely love that that they will make a time to see the patients just to have a conversation to both get on the same page and all that stuff goes along way for me
I would be very specific about expectations write down things about medications frequency of appointment types of medications amounts of medications that you speak with her about so when talking with the nurses the correct stuff gets ordered for you
Diane is really good with you in person when she meets you, but she does tend to forget things that were discussed prior which is a little bit of a letdown. I know they see so many patients but I want to be secure in my choice of a RE and know you’ll remember my situation to go they this journey as planned and not me having to battle with NPs and front desks associates about what you said or promised me that wasn’t documented.
I was pretty lucky and had great success with this doctor for my first our UI. I had previously done five are you are is with another doctor out of state that were unsuccessful. My protocol for my positive pregnancy resulting in a single tan wise letrozole cycle days three through seven then on the eighth cycle day we did 75 units of Follistim, my follicles reacted amazing, went In for a scan they were measuring where they needed to be we triggered the next night had her IUI and two weeks later found out we were successful and in July 2018 welcomed our baby boy. Fast forward to June 2019 we did one unsuccessful are you are you in the protocol for that was cycle days three through 72 pills of lectures all and then I did seven days of 75 units of Menopur injections, my follicles were slow to react then finally were measuring correctly and we triggered with ovidrel and ended up being a failed cycle. I am currently on CD 6 and taking letrazole until CD7, CD8 I will start menopur and inject 75units for 7 days and hopefully that’s what I need! For all cycles I was on 2000mg of metformin for PCOS, 1000unots of vitamin D, and a prenatal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Bloom Repr Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kim (nurse)& Blanca (coordinator))
The staff at the location I go to is wonderful. Blanca treats everyone like family and remembers you and your life and is just incredibly Sweet and caring. Kim is incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and also to the point which I really appreciate.
Describe your experience with Bloom Repr Institute.
The overall clinic is incredibly busy because there is another doctor that has been on TV and just in the public eye if you will for a very long time so she is in high demand which can sometimes make it difficult to get a hold of people come in for appointments. The strengths of this clinic is their approach know two people have the same protocol it is all vary based on your individual needs, history, age, health day absolutely take everything into consideration and doEverything they can to help people grow their families and I just admire the work that is being done at this clinic and although they’re a little things that I would love to fix overall it’s where I know I need to be
i unfortunately do not have this information readily available
N/A for my situation - but I do know her approach is a single embryo transfer unless deemed medically necessary based on age, egg reserve and multiple other factors to do MET.