Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
FellowshipRWJ Rutgers
81 Veronica Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-220-9060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Doreen Hock to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Male Factor, Other
[Dr. Doreen Hock] is a great communicator, kind, compassionate, intelligent and very thorough. She always insisted that we give her a call whenever we had any questions. She didn’t take any risks and always made sure I was doing what was best for our chances and for me as an individual women going through this process...treats me with such care. She knows how to communicate what is going on in a way that is understandable and clear. She has gone above and beyond for us.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
She’s is a great communicator, kind, compassionate, intelligent and very thorough. She always insisted that we give her a call whenever we had any questions. She didn’t take any risks and always made sure I was doing what was best for our chances and for me as an individual women going through this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Never hesitate to ask her questions or reach out, she really wants to help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Hock is wonderful. She is so kind, intelligent and truly treats me with such care. She knows how to communicate what is going on in a way that is understandable and clear. She has gone above and beyond for us. All the doctors we have experienced at RMA are that way. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with RMA and specifically Dr. Hock.
Describe the protocols Doreen Hock used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
IUI protocol - stims were Gonal - F, and ovidrel trigger Egg retrieval was stims - Gonal- F, certitude, ovidrel trigger. Did need to do Birth Control to delay period for IVF CYCLE
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Marya Slater)
Amazing. On top of my care, kind, courteous, attentive, answers all my questions, works through every detail. We had a special case with our timing and they were always sensitive to that. Just awesome.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Great hours, accommodating, great doctors and nurse staff, awesome people to draw blood. Friendly and considerate tot he emotional toll of this process. Helpful at answers my questions and making me feel Comfortable
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Streamline and always quick. They really have it figured out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey.
My insurance covers most everything. Have a small copay for some meds. A couple compounded meds I had to pay out of pocket for but could get reimbursement. When I had IUIs only my ultrasound days required a co pay, in IVF cycle I only paid a co pay one time. Nurses do complementary education for PIO shots the first time. CCS testing was out of pocket and included 10 Embryos. More than ten was $125 each to test and then none of the cryo was covered. $1000 to freeze embryos, $300 every time a sprem sample was frozen.
Describe Doreen Hock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
They always recommend single embryo transfer unless the women is older. They always stress the how high risk multiple pregnancies can be and try to avoid that.
Somerset
Doctor [Hock] is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint...I started with 1 monitored intercourse cycle, 3 cycles of IUI and then went to IVF with success. Dr. Hock was willing to consider IVF without doing endless cycles of IVF. She recommended implantation of 1 embryo only to reduce the risk with multiples.
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Doctor is very friendly, warm and compassionate. Patient in answering all questions. Balances patient needs and wants with what is safe from a medical standpoint. I saw her for my first IVF pregnancy and live birth and chose her in a heartbeat to start next IVF cycke for baby #2.
Stick with it! Don’t give up with negative pregnancy tests or losses. She and the entire practice will be with you to the end.
My name is always remembered by all involved. I am always greeted warmly and family is asked about. Nurses follow up with me and make sure all is understood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo & Patrice Cote )
My nurse and nursing staff are very friendly and understand the feeling involved in the process. They returned my calls quickly and was patient with any and all anxiety phone calls.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The center is clean, modern and professional looking. Everyone is friendly and personal but also respect your privacy. You must come to the practice financially prepared. Deductibles and out-of-pocket fees (except copays) is collected up front in full before any cycle is started.
There is available monitoring 7 days a week. There is immediate notification to the lab team and ultrasound team when a patient arrives. The waiting room can be busy. A patient is usually sent first for labs and then returns to the waiting room to be called for the Ultrasound (if ordered for that day).
Payment of deductibles or any outstanding balances must be paid in full before a cycle is started. The billing team is willing to work with a patient to create a payment plan but then a cycle cannot be started until it is completed. They are readily available to speak to and check your benefits.
Dr. Hock feels very strongly for eSET to reduce the risk with multiples.
Basking Ridge
Anovulation, Other
Doctor Hock always called me personally after bad news and discussed all our options. She answers every question in detail and is very kind but also very thorough. She has gotten to know me and my husband personally and seems to genuinely care about us...Dr. Hock has been very thorough and laid our our treatment plan at every step. She adjusts the plan after each test and every bit of additional information that we receive. I appreciate her honesty, but she also gives news very clearly and kindly.
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with Doreen Hock at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you have time to discuss her answers. Dr. Hock will go over all of your questions in detail.
We tried to use the embryos that were generated when I was with a previous doctor. However, after two failed transfers, we did a retreival with RMANJ and Dr. Hock believes that the egg quality will be better. I have also adjusted my diet for several months, which should help egg quality and will hopefully result in a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Kira)
Kira is always willing to answer our questions and never seems to get annoyed when we have a lot of questions and concerns. She shows both passion and an ability to answer our questions knowledgeably.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I really like RMANJ. You will not see your doctor at most morning monitoring sessions or procedures, but they manage your care. The team works together well to give good care and everyone I encounter seem to have reviewed my chart and be able to answer my questions.
It is pretty efficient and if you get there early, you won't have to wait long. The phlebotomists are excellent.
We had general copays. We also had to pay embryo cryo and storage fees.
RMANJ believes strongly in single embryo transfer. There have been studies that show that the success rate is higher when only one embryo is transferred. Their theory is that the embryos compete for resources, so it's better to transfer one embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?