9.7

590 Country Club Parkway
Eugene, OR 97401
541.868.9755

2017 - 2022, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He took the time to get to know us, he made it a priority to let us know that he would do everything in his power to help us succeed with a pregnancy...Dr. Austin was amazing in making sure he was kept in the loop with all my other doctors, doing a Telehealth with me to discuss my options and give his condolences, and then once chemo was confirmed to be required in my treatment, he was by my side making sure we succeeded in our only opportunity to collect eggs.
[the Fertility Center of Oregon nurses] were very good at communicating with me over the phone on the next steps, and would send me an email with written instructions...Their strength is making you feel like the most important person in that moment. They make you feel like a human...They are wonderful for setting up a payment plan, especially since after I was diagnosed
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
He has such a big heart, I feel like he his purpose is to help people through fertility. He took the time to get to know us, he made it a priority to let us know that he would do everything in his power to help us succeed with a pregnancy. He is so dedicated to his work, it's a breath of fresh air in the medical field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Take it one day at a time, and put your complete trust in Dr. Austin.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
I had a successful pregnancy following our only IUI, but one week later I was diagnosed with hormone positive breast cancer, and had to terminate the pregnancy. Dr. Austin was amazing in making sure he was kept in the loop with all my other doctors, doing a Telehealth with me to discuss my options and give his condolences, and then once chemo was confirmed to be required in my treatment, he was by my side making sure we succeeded in our only opportunity to collect eggs.
Describe the protocols Douglas Austin used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Oregon and their degree of success.
My fiancé is type 1 diabetic, and has retrograde ejaculation. After our consultation with Dr. Austin, he had Jason, my fiancé, try a anti-depressant medication first to help get the sperm out. Jason did not like that drug because it made him feel weird, so Dr. Austin had him try a baking soda regimen 2-3 days before my estimated ovulation surge. This was successful! So Dr. Austin felt confident with continuing with the IUI procedure, as Jason's sperm appeared to be very good. We had a successful pregnancy after our first IUI procedure, thanks to Dr. Austin. As stated before, we unfortunately had to terminate the pregnancy due to my hormone fueled breast cancer. We then did the egg retrieval, with the hormone injections. They were able to collect 10 eggs and create 8 embryo's on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharon and Anjie )
They were very good at communicating with me over the phone on the next steps, and would send me an email with written instructions. Sharon sent me a calendar to help me keep track of the injections and ultrasounds I needed to do each day during the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Their strength is making you feel like the most important person in that moment. They make you feel like a human, and not just another number to being in more money for the clinic. I honestly cannot think of any weaknesses they have. Even their front office receptionist is a wonderful and caring person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon.
Unfortunately, I've accrued about $6500 I believe in debt with them. They are wonderful for setting up a payment plan, especially since after I was diagnosed with breast cancer, everything was moving fast for me, and I started to accrue so much medical debt. I appreciate their understanding.
Describe Douglas Austin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Oregon.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr Austin had done a great job of getting to know me, my medical history and I feel is doing everything he can to help me become a mom...He is honest, straightforward, compassionate, supportive,kind, and recognizes the emotional toll this journey has been without ever being patronizing. While some of the exams and procedures can be physically and personally uncomfortable, he always makes me feel comfortable.
The entire staff [at Fertility Center of Oregon] is wonderful, from the woman at the front desk who greets you by name and schedules all appointments, to the techs who have done multiple blood draws, to the financial coordinators. Fertility treatment can be difficult and emotional, and all of the staff have made the journey better.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Dr Austin is one of the kindest human beings I have ever met. He is honest, straightforward, compassionate, supportive,kind, and recognizes the emotional toll this journey has been without ever being patronizing. While some of the exams and procedures can be physically and personally uncomfortable, he always makes me feel comfortable.
When people say he is amazing and the best, they are telling the truth.
Dr Austin and his staff are extremely compassionate, friendly, and caring. They do not diminish the emotional toll of fertility treatment, especially dr Austin who is so supportive during the various stages including the grief stage. Dr Austin had done a great job of getting to know me, my medical history and I feel is doing everything he can to help me become a mom.
I initially began seeing Dr Austin with the plan to retrieve my own eggs and fertilize them with donor sperm. The first three attempts never even got to the retrieval stage because my body didn’t respond the way we expected with the various meds and injections. Dr Austin changed my approach and I was able to make it to the egg retrieval stage. Unfortunately two of the retrievals resulted in very few eggs, which tested positive for abnormalities once fertilized. Another retrieval led to the discovery that I had already ovulated. Dr Austin then recommended I try using donor embryos rather than my own eggs. There were a few times on the process where I didn’t make it to the transfer stage because of issues with my hormone levels or uterus, and I have been able to have three transfers using one embryo each time. Two resulted with me not being pregnant while one resulted in pregnancy that unfortunately became a miscarriage within a few weeks of finding out I was pregnant. Dr Austin and I have discussed trying again with 2 embryos at my next transfer, which I am scheduled for next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharron and Angie )
The nursing staff are all wonderful. They are very compassionate, friendly and supportive. They are very helpful and timely in answering all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
The entire staff is wonderful, from the woman at the front desk who greets you by name and schedules all appointments, to the techs who have done multiple blood draws, to the financial coordinators. Fertility treatment can be difficult and emotional, and all of the staff have made the journey better.
I don’t remember exact costs as they allowed me a generous payment plan, where I paid 50% up front and up to two years to pay remaining balance with no interest. Additionally, I never was able to complete the full process of IVF using my own eggs that dr Austin retrieved.
Dr Austin has been very supportive of my request to only transfer one embryo at a time as I have financial concerns about the possibility of being a single mom with twins. However, after trying multiple times with a single embryo, we discussed the pros and cons of trying with multiple embryos, which is what I will be doing next month. Dr Austin has been great about explaining everything and is supportive the entire time.
Eugene

I have never received such excellent medical care- I never felt rushed, [Dr. Douglas Austin] knew details of my life and medical history and never had to refer to my chart or ask questions over...We went through IVF and he was at every appointment...never felt more comfortable or supported in a doctors office...we got answers, treatment options but most importantly we were offered the support we so desperately needed in navigating infertility.
My husband and I live 6 hours and a state away and would not have chosen to go anywhere else...The nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon are so wonderful...were responsive to all of my questions, called back and discussed things any time I needed it, and were patient, kind and caring during every visit...the initial visit it was just over $600. We did IVF and it was 11,000 (without genetic testing) plus the costs of medication.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Dr.Austin is wonderful- a caring, compassionate professional who made me feel cared about and taken care of during a time when I needed that the most. He always took time to answer all my questions, ask about my life and explain options, procedures, etc. I have never felt more comfortable or supported in a doctors office- I am eternally grateful I found Dr. Austin.
Make that appointment! As someone who has issues with fertility I felt a sigh of relief having Dr. Austin by my (and my husbands) side- we got answers, treatment options but most importantly we were offered the support we so desperately needed in navigating infertility.
I have never received such excellent medical care- I never felt rushed, he knew details of my life and medical history and never had to refer to my chart or ask questions over- it was like he had been working with us for years even though it had only been a few months. You can tell how much he cares- I wish he could be my doctor for everything!
My husband was prescribed clomid to address his testosterone levels that were impacting his sperm. We went through IVF and he was at every appointment checking my follicles and did not make any adjustments to our protocol during the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Huff )
The nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon are so wonderful. They were responsive to all of my questions, called back and discussed things any time I needed it, and were patient, kind and caring during every visit.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Honestly- I could talk all day about how wonderful I think this clinic is. My husband and I live 6 hours and a state away and would not have chosen to go anywhere else. They are amazing and you need people like these when going through the difficult journey of infertility. For the first time in a long time I didn’t feel alone.
For the initial visit it was just over $600. We did IVF and it was 11,000 (without genetic testing) plus the costs of medication.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Austin was willing to let us continue with only oral medication, but our insurance benefit is limited and we wanted to increase our chances...He is kind, thorough, practical, and experienced. He is not afraid to think outside the box and sincerely wants you to succeed. He is very kind and genuine. He works extremely well with all types of families, including LGBTQ families, and is sensitive to issues of ethnic, racial, and religious diversity. New Patient Advice
I had three cycles of letrozole, with confirmed ovulation, with insemination via IUI with donor sperm [at Fertility Center of Oregon]...Nurse Sharon is extremely kind, patient, and a good communicator. She is very precise and organized, but also very compassionate. You really get the sense she is genuinely in on this journey with you and wants what is best for you and your family.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Make sure to ask the questions you want to ask- he and his staff will answer everything, you just have to ask! Don't feel self conscious.
Dr. Austin and his staff (two Nurse Practitioners), are super attentive, caring, and provide very individualized care. All of my questions, even ones that felt a little silly to ask, were treated with care and respect. Even after we took a break, when we came back our treatment was fabulous and they still new the details of our case.
I did a test cycle and found I had poor ovulation. I took letrozole and had better ovulation, but needed to bump up the letrozole to get a stronger number. I had three cycles of letrozole, with confirmed ovulation, with insemination via IUI with donor sperm. I have an HSG shortly and will begin a cycle of gonadotropins (menopur and a trigger shot) with IUI with donor sperm. Dr. Austin was willing to let us continue with only oral medication, but our insurance benefit is limited and we wanted to increase our chances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sharon)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
It is a busy clinic, but not so busy it is overwhelming. They provide such thorough, patient and comprehensive care that sometimes you can have a slight wait, but never for anything time sensitive- more like for consultation...and then you move on to treatment and realize why those appointments might be a few minutes late, because people like you are calling in saying "I OVULATED FIT ME IN!!!" :) They provide services every day of the week and holidays so you never have to worry about missing a cycle due to their schedules or closures. The front desk person is extremely kind and pleasant and knows who to connect you to and how to troubleshoot basic problems with shipping, finances, etc. Their medical billing and payment staff are shockingly kind and very passionate about their work and providing you with the financial information to have the best and most thorough care.
I'm not sure of exact costs because we have a fifty percent insurance benefit, that covers some things but not others, so our bills always look a little crazy. I can say that the billing office is extremely detail oriented and got us the maximum benefit from our insurance possible, to the point of fighting for us.
Eugene

Dr. Austin is always very personable and takes the time to address not just me, but also my husband which is nice. It is clear he is very well trained and efficient.... During my second retrieval I increased my FSH and HMG and did a micro-lupron protocol instead of the Ganirelex. This time I had 20 large follicles prior to trigger (HCG again) and they were able to retrieve 20 eggs! Of those, 16 were mature and 14 fertilized. We end up with 6 blasts this time and the PGT-a results on them were 4 "normal", and 2 abnormal. We transferred 1 of the normal embryos during a medicated FET and it was successful on the first try.
Sharon [a nurse at Fertility Ctr of OR] is great at answering my questions and knowing what is going on in my personal cycle even though she has multiple IVF patients a day.... Each IUI was around $400, If we needed an ultrasound baseline (if doing back to back ones) that cost increased to $1000. Our first IVF cycle ended up being approx. $18,000 out of pocket including the consultation, all tests, medications, monitoring, anesthesia, the retrieval, PGS testing, and a transfer. Our second round will be closer to $10,000 because there are less preliminary tests to do and we already paid for the PGS and transfer.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Dr. Austin is always very personable and takes the time to address not just me, but also my husband which is nice. It is clear he is very well trained and efficient. We are still in our first trimester so it’s too soon to know if it has fully worked, but we have confidence in Dr. Austin to help us create our take-home baby.
Write down all of your questions for the initial consultation and be sure you ask anything that concerns you. Also, as an infertility patient in general, take it one day at a time and try to not get overwhelmed with all the potentially scary or intimidating treatments that may come up. Be aware that you will likely have setbacks and things won't go as planned, but that you can get through them and Dr. Austin's team will help you navigate it all.
They always took the time to answer my questions.
We did 1 round of Letrozol and timed intercourse, then we increased my letrozol feom 2.5 to 5 and did 4 IUIs. None of these were successful. We then moved on to IVF. Our first cycle I took FSH, HMG, Ganirelex, and the HCG trigger shot. Although it looked like I had quite a few good follicles (around 18) I only had 7 eggs retrieved and only 5 were mature, however all 5 fertilized. We ended up with 2 Day-5 blasts and performed PGT-a testing which resulted in 1 abnormal and 1 low level mosaic. Since we want two kids, we decided to do a second cycle. During my second retrieval I increased my FSH and HMG and did a micro-lupron protocol instead of the Ganirelex. This time I had 20 large follicles prior to trigger (HCG again) and they were able to retrieve 20 eggs! Of those, 16 were mature and 14 fertilized. We end up with 6 blasts this time and the PGT-a results on them were 4 "normal", and 2 abnormal. We transferred 1 of the normal embryos during a medicated FET and it was successful on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharon Huff)
Sharon is great at answering my questions and knowing what is going on in my personal cycle even though she has multiple IVF patients a day.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
They are the only fertility clinic in the area so I didn’t have much of a choice, however I am glad that they are who we ended up going to. The facilities are always clean and comfortable. Staff is nice and knowledgeable.
Dr. Austin strongly recommends only transferring 1 embryo due to the risks that come to both mom and babies with twins, or multiples. We agreed that the risks were not worth it and only transferred 1 embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Oregon.
At my very first appointment they did bloodwork but ordered the wrong tests so that was frustrating but we got it cleared up eventually. On Day 3 of my embryos growing someone was supposed to call to give me an update on their growth. My normal nurse, Sharon, was out of the office that day and somehow the message did not get sent to her fill-in to call me. This caused an incredible amount of stress on me as I waited for the results. I finally heard from the fill-in nurse at almost 6 pm and all she could say was “I didn’t know I was supposed to be checking on your results so I have nothing to tell you, we’ll call tomorrow.” It was a hard day.
Eugene

He’s a very kind and knowledgeable person. ... He has always explained things very thoroughly and answered all our questions. He has never made us feel like we were bothering him when we asked lots of questions. ... This was our 4th IUI. We decided with Dr. Austin that we would move to IVF after that IUI failed. ... Weaknesses: seems unwilling to try additional protocols
Strengths [of Fertility Center of Oregon]: helpful, knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, affordable Weaknesses: ... lack of brochures and other things to help with questions about the process. ... I primarily deal with Sharon [nurse] when I have questions. She never sounds annoyed by my countless emails and calls. She’s very compassionate, knowledgeable and kind. Deana has also been very help and kind when I’ve dealt with her. Other nursing staff is very kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
He’s a very kind and knowledgeable person. He spoke to us like he might a friend. He has always explained things very thoroughly and answered all our questions. He has never made us feel like we were bothering him when we asked lots of questions.
Have questions to ask when you have your consultation.
Dr. Austin always spoke to my husband and I like we were his friends. He shared funny stories with us and made us feel comfortable.
Menopur, ganirelix and trigger shot with Progesteone Suppositories for IUI resulted in negative pregnancy test. This was our 4th IUI. We decided with Dr. Austin that we would move to IVF after that IUI failed. IVF protocol included menopur, ganirelix, follistim and trigger shot. We did a fresh transfer with a day 5 blast along with PIO injections starting the day after transfer. Fresh transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. Frozen transfer included 30ish days of birth control and about a week or so before stopping birth control I started 10 units of daily Lupron injections and continued for 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks of 5 units. 2 weeks prior to transfer began twice weekly estrodial valerate injections and 2 ml PIO daily starting 5 days prior. Frozen Transfer ended in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharon)
I primarily deal with Sharon when I have questions. She never sounds annoyed by my countless emails and calls. She’s very compassionate, knowledgeable and kind. Deana has also been very help and kind when I’ve dealt with her. Other nursing staff is very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Strengths: helpful, knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, affordable Weaknesses: seems unwilling to try additional protocols, lack of brochures and other things to help with questions about the process.
Less than $5000 for IUI plus injectable drugs $9500 global fee for IVF: includes monitoring appt, egg retrieval, fertilization assistance ICSI and embryologist fees, and fresh transfer. Clinic worked with overseas pharmacy also to save money on medications. Spent nearly $2000 on IVF meds

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Austin is a great communicator and is really knowledgeable. He has even given us medical information on non-fertility related issues that was spot-on, as well. I appreciate that he is readily available and active in the practice. I wanted to try something different with our last FET, as it was our last 2 embryos. We ended up doing 2 things different with the protocol but I feel like there are probably a lot more options out there that could help, but it seemed like those were the only things that could be added to the cycle. I'm not sure that the size of the clinic allows for a lot of creativity when it comes to personalizing treatment.
I think the clinic [Fertility Center of Oregon] is very warm and welcoming. Everyone that works there is friendly and compassionate. They know us by name and I feel like they are all experts in their respective fields. I feel like if someone needs more creativity with their situation, a larger office with more doctors, etc. may be a better fit for their needs. I was recommended to this clinic by a friend who had a successful IVF cycle and have, in turn, referred Dr. Austin and this clinic to other friends needing help growing their family .
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Never be afraid to ask questions. Push for more information. Be your own advocate.
Dr. Austin has great "bed-side" manner. He is personable and I feel like he is genuinely interested in helping us in our journey to become parents. I feel like he doesn't sugar-coat things and will give you straight answers to any questions you may have....and I've had a lot! He knows our names and knows our story by this point. He is the only doctor in the practice, so he does most, if not all of the procedures. (Sometimes ultrasounds may be done by the NP in the office.)
For our IUIs, we used Femara. For our egg retrieval, I believe I was on Menopur, Gonal, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Progesterone in Oil. For our FET, I was on Estradiol Valerate and PIO.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon.
We have had 2 FETs that both ended in negative pregnancy tests. Both times, the nurses were very compassionate when they called with the results and were great at answering my questions that followed from the test results.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
I think the clinic is very warm and welcoming. Everyone that works there is friendly and compassionate. They know us by name and I feel like they are all experts in their respective fields. I feel like if someone needs more creativity with their situation, a larger office with more doctors, etc. may be a better fit for their needs. I was recommended to this clinic by a friend who had a successful IVF cycle and have, in turn, referred Dr. Austin and this clinic to other friends needing help growing their family .
IVF with egg retrieval was about $9,500, plus medications of about $2,500. FET was about $1,450, plus medications.
We transferred 2 embryos both our FET. Dr. Austin was very clear about the possibility of having multiples, as a result, and that we needed to be prepared for that.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Austin is an incredible Dr. That out my best interest in mind while folkowing my wishes.... He is very attentive and interested in my goals to grow a family. He is also very personable and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns we may have during our journey.... When I first came to his office I did some blood tests and then continued clomid/famara and then did the 3 IUI's. He didn't think it would be smart to waste more money to Continue the IUI's so we began talking about IVF which I followed through with.
I honestly have no complaints, this office [Fertility Center of Oregon] is very organized and know you by name when you walk in. I always feel comfortable in this office. There have been many times when I have to walk in to get a blood draw and they always give me a happy hello!... With IVF I know I had to put $5,000 down and the the rest I could do a payment plan with. The IVF drugs I also had to pay for out of pocket....
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
He is very attentive and interested in my goals to grow a family. He is also very personable and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns we may have during our journey. Many questions arise through all the meds and procedures, he always answers honestly and has never been misleading.
Ask as many questions as possible! There are so many routes to take once you've made it to a fertility specialist, it can be confusing and expensive. Don't be shy to bring up cost!
When I first came to his office I did some blood tests and then continued clomid/famara and then did the 3 IUI's. He didn't think it would be smart to waste more money to Continue the IUI's so we began talking about IVF which I followed through with. I did 3 rounds, 2 embryos each round. One fresh and the other two frozen. I have now ran out of frozen eggs so I have now decided to to another egg retrieval and will do PGS.
She was very direct, on top of meds, date, dosages, procedures and so on. She always calls back with urgency and answers to my questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
I honestly have no complaints, this office is very organized and know you by name when you walk in. I always feel comfortable in this office. There have been many times when I have to walk in to get a blood draw and they always give me a happy hello!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Center of Oregon.
I have no complaints. Easy to schedule appointments for before I started work and a quick in and out.
With IVF I know I had to put $5,000 down and the the rest I could do a payment plan with. The IVF drugs I also had to pay for out of pocket. He nurse coordinator did point me towards another patient that was reliable that was getting rid of left over meds to get them for a cheaper rate.
Honestly he was willing to do either for us since we have never have a positive pregnancy test.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Austin has great communication. He always listens and answers all the questions that you have. When I have been nervous about things he has calmed my nervous. He has shared his personal experience with us as well which made us feel like we weren't alone. He finally got us answers and a game plan when the other Dr's office made us not want to go to a Fertility Dr...[he] was very understanding about us making monthly payments and even talked to new financial Coordinator that was rude to us and explained that he was ok with us making monthly payments.
The strengths [of Fertility Center of Oregon] would be making you feel important and heard...Dr. Austin was very understanding about us making monthly payments and even talked to new financial Coordinator that was rude to us and explained that he was ok with us making monthly payments...Sharon [a nurse] is always very detailed and very helpful. She answered questions and made sure that we understood what we needed to do. If we had any questions She always answered them with a detailed explanation.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Research and ask questions. Write your questions down and don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you don't understand what is happening or what needs to be done.
Dr Austin is always personal and makes you feel like you are going to someone who cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharon )
Sharon is always very detailed and very helpful. She answered questions and made sure that we understood what we needed to do. If we had any questions She always answered them with a detailed explanation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Financial Coordinator is not very personal and at times rude. This would be the only weakness of the clinic. The strengths would be making you feel important and heard. Caring staff and Dr. The new patient packet is long by so helpful for getting you answers. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
We had to set up a payment plan and make monthly payments. Dr. Austin was very understanding about us making monthly payments and even talked to new financial Coordinator that was rude to us and explained that he was ok with us making monthly payments.
Eugene

Dr. Austin was very professional and personable. I felt that he did everything to help us get the baby we so desire to have. He has a lot of cases but he manages well to go thoroughly through cycles.... I was shocked with how hands on Dr. Austin was. He worked with our work schedule and drive in. I saw him for every Sunday appt I had. He was always straight to the point but knew how to keep me from stressing.
They weren't pushy with the finances which was a relief after paying so much for meds. The clinic [Ftr Ctr of Oregon] always felt welcoming. They made me feel as if they would work out whatever it took to help us get to do a cycle.... The nurses were up to date on what was going on. I didn't have to repeat myself numberous times. I never had to be stuck more than once for blood draws. They always have the feeling they were also personally invested in our success.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Try to embrace and enjoy the process. He is such a lovely down to earth man that cares for each patient individually.
I did two frozen embryo transfers with Dr. Austin. Each cycle we used birth control, lupron, estradoil, and progesterone injections for implanting 2 embryos. After the first cycle failed after one positive pregnancy test we tried endometrial scratching for the 2nd cycle.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
They weren't pushy with the finances which was a relief after paying so much for meds. The clinic always felt welcoming. They made me feel as if they would work out whatever it took to help us get to do a cycle.
1350 per FET another 400 each time for meds
2 was always recommended. However we had discussed transferring 3.
2013 - 2016, Successful
We went to him [Dr. Austin] for a diagnosis of recurrent pregnancy loss. He provided a thorough workup and gave me a copy of the note when he explained our options in detail so I could re-read it once we got home. Procedures were gentle and explained as they were performed. He performed much of the care himself - not ultrasound techs or other staff. He never made us feel rushed in asking a ton of questions and explaining his answers coherently.
No baby/pregnancy magazines in the waiting room and a recent remodel completely separated it from the OB clinic next door making it more private. One weakness is that we never could get their fax to communicate to the fax machine at the perinatologist's office. Multiple attempts were made but it just didn't seem to work....[Nursing Staff] Easy to reach, compassionate, communicated well and gave prompt replies...Even the front office staff made me feel welcomed and cared for.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
We went to him for a diagnosis of recurrent pregnancy loss. He provided a thorough workup and gave me a copy of the note when he explained our options in detail so I could re-read it once we got home. Procedures were gentle and explained as they were performed. He performed much of the care himself - not ultrasound techs or other staff. He never made us feel rushed in asking a ton of questions and explaining his answers coherently.
He was caring and compassionate, and honest in his communication of our difficult situation. His nursing staff returned calls promptly or were easy to reach when I called. Even the front office staff made me feel welcomed and cared for.
We had a workup of recurrent pregnancy loss so there were labs, SA, HSG. Once We saw him in the early days of a couple pregnancies so we had weekly or every other week ultrasounds in the office that he performed and explained as he was doing them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon.
Easy to reach, compassionate, communicated well and gave prompt replies.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Fee up front to cover intial visit and after that I was billed for services. Some insurance paid for and others they didn't.
difficulty with faxing paperwork

2014 - 2018, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr Austin is a sensitive, compassionate, and intelligent man and Dr. We laughed with him. We cried with him. We feel like he truly cares about and for us. He is no non sense when it comes to your care. We feel like he never was just putting us through rounds and rounds of treatments that wouldn't work... we appreciated that he didn't put us through unnecessary treatments just to make money off us to just see if they would work before going directly to ivf
Beautiful clean clinic [Fertility Center of Oregon]. Lab staff, ultrasound staff , receptionist and intake staff were all very nice and professional!! Only thing we really didn't/ don't like is the amount we have to pay to keep our embryos frozen for our next round.... Nursing staff wasnt very friendly on the phone. This is the only time we felt like a number. Not very compassionate.... Dr austin was amazing! He spoke candidly with us, yet tactful and sympathetic. We really feel like he cares for us not only as patients but as people.
Trust him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
Beautiful clean clinic. Lab staff, ultrasound staff , receptionist and intake staff were all very nice and professional!! Only thing we really didn't/ don't like is the amount we have to pay to keep our embryos frozen for our next round.
We did 2 rounds of ivf. Both with two embies. We were blessed with two pregnancies, however only one live birth.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Everyone on staff [at Women's Care] knew me and my husband by name...Everyone was so great. Very willing to speak with me and answer any questions...Dr. Austin took time to speak with us and did not make us feel like we were bothering him.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
I felt great as a patient with Dr. Austin. He always took the time to explain things to me. While I don't think that my specific fertility issue was identified by Dr. Austin, I feel as though he did do everything in his practice to help me.
Get educated. Check out all other alternative issues that may be outside of his "normal" treatment realm
Everyone on staff knew me and my husband by name. Dr. Austin took time to speak with us and did not make us feel like we were bothering him
Everyone was so great. Very willing to speak with me and answer any questions
Eugene

Dr Austin is compassionate, kind and caring. He didn’t focus on my weight as other doctors had and made me feel more human than before. The only thing I don’t love is that we don’t see him often...He has very clear notes that the nurse can relay to the patient and I can always have them ask him specific questions...He takes his time in visits and explains everything in detail.
The clinic [at Fertility Center of Oregon] is great overall. Staff is friendly. They work with you financially if you need to make payments, and don’t make it difficult. They are readily available to answer any questions and provide further information as needed...[the nurses] have a plan set forth by dr Austin that they follow but they will always take the time to refer to him or ask him specific questions from you.
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
Dr Austin is compassionate, kind and caring. He didn’t focus on my weight as other doctors had and made me feel more human than before. The only thing I don’t love is that we don’t see him often. We have most of our plan worked up over the phone; however, it has been partially due to Covid available appts and my insurance doesn’t cover this so I would have to pay more to see him more often. He has very clear notes that the nurse can relay to the patient and I can always have them ask him specific questions
Go see him sooner. I went through a few OB/GYN’s trying to find someone to help with fertility and hormones and most of that was a waste of time. Dr Austin is a specialist and the most knowledgeable in the field of fertility in the area.
Dr Austin is a very caring provider. He takes his time in visits and explains everything in detail.
Treatment strategies consisted of labs and analysis to determine hormone, semen and egg reserves. Procedures to determine Fallopian tube issues and ultrasounds to check on eggs. Medications to improve ovulation and sperm quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon.
They are readily available and call back quickly. They have a plan set forth by dr Austin that they follow but they will always take the time to refer to him or ask him specific questions from you.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
The clinic is great overall. Staff is friendly. They work with you financially if you need to make payments, and don’t make it difficult. They are readily available to answer any questions and provide further information as needed.
Out of pocket for everything due to insurance.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Austin and his staff are all friendly and very professional. I was treated very well, and was always pleased with my care. I would still be receiving treatment from Dr. Austin if I hadn't recently moved to another state...I was treated very well, and Dr. Austin took a personal interest in me and my situation...Do your research, and don't be afraid to ask questions or get to doctor's opinion...
The [Fert Ctr of OR] clinic is new and neat, and in an easy to find location. They are also open for a few hours on the weekends, which was a huge plus considering two of my three IUI's were performed on the weekend...The nurses are kind and efficient...I paid $500 up front, and that covered a lot of my blood draws and apppintments. Then, once I used that up, I had to pay for my ultrasounds and blood draws. An IUI cost about $500 for the actual procedure, that included the sperm washing and the actual IUI...
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
I had 3 IUI's done. One with Clomid, and 2 with injectibles, multiple ultrasounds, and trigger shots. I did get pregnant on my second IUI, but had a very early miscarriage. I also went through several cycles of Clomid and femara, all of which were unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of Oregon.
The nurses are kind and efficient.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
The clinic is new and neat, and in an easy to find location. They are also open for a few hours on the weekends, which was a huge plus considering two of my three IUI's were performed on the weekend.
I paid $500 up front, and that covered a lot of my blood draws and apppintments. Then, once I used that up, I had to pay for my ultrasounds and blood draws. An IUI cost about $500 for the actual procedure, that included the sperm washing and the actual IUI. My insurance covered a small amount of ultrasounds. They cost around $150 per ultrasound, and my insurance covered about $50 of that is all.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Oregon.
There were just a couple of times I had blood work done, and they hadn't sent an order in for it. That then caused a slight delay in receiving results.
2019 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Douglas Austin] is exactly what ever doctor should be. He listens and actually hears you and meets you where you are. He is compassionate and fully explains everything from treatment to conditions. He was at every appointment and made sure he handled everything for us. He even took the time after my IUI to talk to me and get me a magazine.
They [Fertility Center of Oregon] are all very caring and do their best to make families dreams of being parents come true. It’s very hard to get through with general questions for follow up care of things not ivf related. Which I get they are so busy they are the only clinic around this areas and they are very busy all the time
How was your experience with Douglas Austin at Fertility Center of Oregon?
He is exactly what ever doctor should be. He listens and actually hears you and meets you where you are. He is compassionate and fully explains everything from treatment to conditions. He was at every appointment and made sure he handled everything for us. He even took the time after my IUI to talk to me and get me a magazine.
Just be patient this team works hard and sometimes they don’t always respond right away but they always take care of you
He always asks about personal life beyond just treatment and always remembers the last conversation you had
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Sharron )
The Ivf coordinator is awesome and always called back. The medical assistants for other needs where very unorganized and never call back and when they do they don’t know what’s going on.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Oregon.
They are all very caring and do their best to make families dreams of being parents come true. It’s very hard to get through with general questions for follow up care of things not ivf related. Which I get they are so busy they are the only clinic around this areas and they are very busy all the time
IUI is affordable at $450
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Oregon.
They called in medication one time and didn’t actually tell me the did call it in. It sat there for a while before pharmacy called.