7.1

Phoenix
1701 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016

2012 - 2017, Successful
Dr Moffitt provided good information, but also omitted information that I feel would have helped me make better informed decisions. He however was responsive to my concerns and had regulated lab procedures that were not being followed by phlebotomists fixed when I brought them to his attention. He provided his cell phone so I could call him directly if needed...Drew was a straight shooter, but I felt like his bedside manner was lacking a bit. If a patient is looking for a lot of hand holding, this may not be the doctor for them.
Employees [at ARMS] sometimes argued in front of patients. Phlebotomists did not label vials in front of patient until I brought that to Dr Moffitt 'a attention. Scheduling was easy. Wait time was very low...I felt like the written protocol was confusing and hard to follow. Sometimes Tabitha took longer to respond to me via email and voice mail than expected. When my husband expressed to her that I was feeling lost and like they didn't care, she stepped up her game and was much more responsive. Whenever o dealt with Gail she was amazing.
How was your experience with Drew Moffitt at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Drew was a straight shooter, but I felt like his bedside manner was lacking a bit. If a patient is looking for a lot of hand holding, this may not be the doctor for them. Ultimately I had a positive pregnancy test with my first FET and we got more eggs than he expected, so I'm overall satisfied. He also responded to my calls and texts after hours and on weekends. I just always felt like a nuisance when contacting him directly. I suppose that's my own issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Moffitt at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Do research in advance so you know what questions to ask as you may not be fully informed when leaving the office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Moffitt at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Dr Moffitt provided good information, but also omitted information that I feel would have helped me make better informed decisions. He however was responsive to my concerns and had regulated lab procedures that were not being followed by phlebotomists fixed when I brought them to his attention. He provided his cell phone so I could call him directly if needed. I felt like the nurses sometime took a bit too long to respond, but that could have just been from IVF induced anxiety.
Describe the protocols Drew Moffitt used in your cycles at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists and their degree of success.
Age 38. For egg retrieval 900iu of Follistim. Lupron instead of birth control due to prior DVT. hCG. Vitamin D (6,000 IU), prenatal, Qoq10, and DHEA (25mg, 3x daily). For FET, started with progesterone lozenges (200mg, 3x daily) and Endometrum suppositories (100mg, 3x daily). 2 Estradiol patches replaced every other day. Progesterone was only 39.4 day before transfer and he wanted it at 40, so added oral progesterone capsules (200mg, 3x daily).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Tabitha)
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Employees sometimes argued in front of patients. Phlebotomists did not label vials in front of patient until I brought that to Dr Moffitt 'a attention. Scheduling was easy. Wait time was very low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Moffitt at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Insurance paid everything after I met my out of pocket max of $5,000.
Describe Drew Moffitt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Dr highly encouraged eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
Doctor knew I had prior DVT and prescribed contradictory medication. Corrected it once in brought to attention. Dr failed to review results from ReproSource with me, which may have influenced my decision to use donor eggs.
Phoenix

2017, 10 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Drew Moffitt] is a very dry person. He did not seem to speak much to me as a patient except at the consultation. He has a tendency to jump into things without giving you a simplified version. He is good at what he does though and maximized my egg retrival. Towards my egg retrieval day he was extremely friendly and had more of a helpful and excited tone... He wasn't very talkative and just did what he had to do, though, he always remembered my name.
The nursing staff [at AZ Reproductive Medicine Specialists] is amazing. My questions were usually answered through them. They were kind and usually remembered who I was. Cynthia remembered which arm for blood drawing and gave me tips on how to keep my blood flowing.... If you like to be walked through everything or have everything explained to you, he might not be the right doctor.
He is a very dry person. He did not seem to speak much to me as a patient except at the consultation. He has a tendency to jump into things without giving you a simplified version. He is good at what he does though and maximized my egg retrival. Towards my egg retrieval day he was extremely friendly and had more of a helpful and excited tone.
I had a total of 11 days of stims. He was able to retrieve 28 eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
The nursing staff is amazing. My questions were usually answered through them. They were kind and usually remembered who I was. Cynthia remembered which arm for blood drawing and gave me tips on how to keep my blood flowing.
Describe your experience with Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists.
I like just about everything. I just wish that my doctor was better at communication and less reserved,
I have insurance and was able to pay 3200 out of pocket so far.
I like the fact that he likes to transfer two embryos.
Gilbert
2014, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr Moffit seemed very well informed and I was confident in his abilities. He took a lot of time with us in our initial appointments and I felt that I could trust his recommendations. He was nice but not overly friendly....Didn't really have any kind of relationship or connection with the doctor or staff. It felt more like a process of checking boxes and following directions on a piece of paper rather than having felt like I was well informed and having people guide me through the process.
Didn't really have any kind of relationship or connection with the doctor [Moffit] or staff [ARMS]. It felt more like a process of checking boxes and following directions on a piece of paper rather than having felt like I was well informed and having people guide me through the process. And maybe that's because it was such an overwhelming process for me and I didn't really know what to say or ask....[Nurses] They were wonderful and seemed to genuinely care about me and the practice.
Ask questions and be informed.
Didn't really have any kind of relationship or connection with the doctor or staff. It felt more like a process of checking boxes and following directions on a piece of paper rather than having felt like I was well informed and having people guide me through the process. And maybe that's because it was such an overwhelming process for me and I didn't really know what to say or ask. I know many other patients who loved the staff and had a better experience so I can't help but wonder if it was just me.
They were wonderful and seemed to genuinely care about me and the practice.
Dr Moffit strongly recommended a singleton transfer in my case. He was informative and I felt he knew what was best in my situation and I did not worry I was making the wrong decision in just transferring one embryo.