Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolSUNY
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipUMDNJ
425 Fifth Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Drew Tortoriello to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of New York to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Tortoriello] is very professional, he answers all your questions and also is always available via email. He is kind and compassionate but also direct. Sometimes when you get bad news, you would prefer not to be direct but he isn’t dismissive of your hopes and dreams. We had two miscarriages with both of our transfers so the embryos likely had chromosomal abnormalities and he indicated this early on when signs showed it via sonogram but also let me have hope.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is very professional, he answers all your questions and also is always available via email. He is kind and compassionate but also direct. Sometimes when you get bad news, you would prefer not to be direct but he isn’t dismissive of your hopes and dreams. We had two miscarriages with both of our transfers so the embryos likely had chromosomal abnormalities and he indicated this early on when signs showed it via sonogram but also let me have hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Go with Dr. T and Sher, they are kind and know what they are doing. Ask questions when you need to and know that Dr. T is usually right when he says things don’t look right.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Everyone at Sher is so warm, they genuinely want to help you. Dr T. Is sensitive but also direct and tells you what to expect and doesn’t give you false hope. He also tries things when other Dr.s give up on you.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
He put me on an estrogen patch for 5 days to increase my follicle count and it worked. He followed my follicles very carefully and didn’t have me trigger too early, he adjusted my medicines daily as needed and as a result he got 4 eggs and all of them made it to 5 day blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances )
Everyone is great, they explain in detail what to expect, they comfort you when you are upset, they are loving and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It is one of the best clinics I have been to for any healthcare. They really don’t have any weaknesses. They worked around my cycle, they are available at night, on weekends, they respond immediately to emails and calls. I love Sher!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York.
14,000k for IVF cycle, $3800 for frozen embryo transfer
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
He let me make the decisions.
Sher Fertility of New York

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York.

Dr T. [Tortoriello] is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results.... I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is patient and understanding of what his patients are going through. He is also very candid but you have to ask a lot of questions and be an educated patient. I had to ask about other options available. At times, I felt as a number. On one occasion he misread my test results and didn’t realize until I questioned it. He is very responsive to emails and gets back to you promptly which is great but his emails were abbreviated.
Be an educated patient. Ask questions. Schedule follow-up appointments.
Dr T. is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results. If you do remote monitoring like I did, I would recommend arranging follow-up phone consultations after each monitoring. I found his emails too brief so I always had follow-up questions. All in all, I would have appreciated more communication and personal guidance.
I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur. He added another injectable to prevent early ovulation around D11. He then had me go in every couple of days and adjusted my dosage according to the results. he added HGH during my 2nd cycle which got cancelled due to a lead follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Cecilia is organized and helpful. On one occasion, she located a local pharmacy close to midnight for me when I was traveling and that allowed me to continue stims.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of New York.
I do remote monitoring in another state, so Im not aware of Sher's practice when it comes to monitoring
I haven't received a bill yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is caring as a doctor and cares about his patients. He is always available by email and responds quickly. He discussed options with my husband and me, presenting us with the info we needed to make an informed decision, and had patience when we went back to him several times with follow up questions...We started with IUIs because they were needed before IVF coverage. We did three, and I had a chemical from the last one. We then moved into IVF with PGS. The first round was not successful. We are gearing up to do a second round.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is caring as a doctor and cares about his patients. He is always available by email and responds quickly. He discussed options with my husband and me, presenting us with the info we needed to make an informed decision, and had patience when we went back to him several times with follow up questions.
Meet with him...and work with him.
Dr. T spent a lot of time with me discussing what options made most sense. He and his staff were very supportive along the way, and felt horrible when the results of PGS testing came back to show that all four embryos tested were not viable.
She was so upset when she found out the PGS testing results from my first round of IVF. She was so compassionate. She also spent a lot of time with me on the phone beforehand deciding whether to do PGS testing or a fresh transfer...she truly cared about me as a patient — my physical and mental well being. I should also mention that she called me on a day off to let me know that two more embryos could be frozen and tested...that spoke volumes to me.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic treats patients like people and not numbers. I worked briefly with another clinic and had a different experience. I saw a dr once in that prior clinic and wasn’t able to communicate with the dr again. At Sher, I met with Dr. T and then he was available all the time via email.
We had $50 co pays for monitoring appointments. We had a $1000 co pay for IVF cycle.
I haven’t done a transfer yet.
Sher Fertility of New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] is quiet and introverted...For the first two FET rounds: Crinone Estrace Prednisone (slightly elevated NK levels) Lovenox (for slightly elevated anticardiolipin) Intralipids (slightly elevated NK levels) For third, I switched to PIO thinking maybe it was affecting implantation, skipped prednisone and intralipids and waited on the lovenox until a positive beta. This transfer worked, and so far so good.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr T is a wonderful person, and I feel safe and well cared for with him. He knows his stuff and has zero ego. He is open to experimental treatment but committed to the standard fundamentals. I did have two failed transfers with him, however, with tested embryos. He recommended a very different protocol than I had had previously, and I wonder if it was too different, or too out there. His protocol included things like prednisone and intralipids, which I know are controversial. When I wanted to switch back to a more standard protocol he was very supportive, and so far this one has worked (I'm 11 weeks). I would feel very comfortable going to him for a future cycle.
You must do your own research and be proactive! He is quiet and introverted ... Make sure you ask all your questions!
His bedside care is amazing. He is warm, open, and caring. He listens and is incredibly patient. He remembers my case and responds to every email!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email. Seems to know her stuff but for some reason I'm not blown away by her capabilities as a nurse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Boutique Appointments rather than open monitoring Don't feel like a number It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized Modern facilities Modern communications Financial coordination is great
$1540 per transfer with insurance Plus other costs
He was very open and asked my preference. Because I said single without hesitating, we didn't discuss it further
Sher Fertility of New York

My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout [my cycle with Dr. Drew Tortoriello]...a very calm and reassuring physician...Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly...He doesn't make promises, but he will take so much of the anxiety out of the process. If you need someone who is reassuring, honest, and thoughtful, Dr. T your best bet.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I met with a RE at another clinic before working with Dr. Tortoriello and the experience was like night and day. While the other physician had zero beside manner and barely let me speak, Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly. If I pursue more IVF, it would definitely be under his care.
Dr. Tortoriello is a very calm and reassuring physician. He presented information without editorializing or imposing any judgement.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout. Gonal-F started at 300 but increased to 350. Menopur started at 75 and increased to 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher has a pretty good system so for the most part you only deal with your primary physician. I had to come in on the weekend once for an ultrasound and met a different doctor on call but in terms of the care I received, it was the same.
I was able to use my insurance to cover my care, although we paid for medications out-of-pocket. I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I saw Dr. Tortoriello for every visit. He did each and every ultrasound and at the end of each scan he told me exactly where he thought i was in the process in relation to where he thought I ought to be. He did both my egg harvest and embryo implantation. He responded to all my many emails, even during his Easter weekend. ... He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Middle Eastern
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process...which was a big deal for me as my husband travels a lot and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you are doing a lot of this immense process alone. His warmth and intellect I found to be a perfect combination.
Consult with him early onward and then make your choice.
We did an estrogen priming protocol that incorporated omnitrope (growth hormone). We were planning to do a fresh transfer but I had fluid in my uterus so we had to freeze and then do a frozen transfer. I had fluid in my uterus with my previous doctors but they downplayed it and both prior transfers with them failed. So Dr. Tortoriello was the first to acknowledge this and correct for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecily)
She communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run. I waited never more than 10 minutes. (Plus they have my favorite cookies out). They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit.
No issues...was out of pocket.
Dr. Tortoriello told me that twins were a high risk pregnancy so we opted to transfer just one blast and it took!
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Email is [Dr. Drew Tortoriello's] best way of communication...My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron...was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable...During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
Investment Banker
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr T was fantastic from my consultation wiith him to having 17 embryos frozen! Having infertility issues is devestating but finding a doctor like him and now being able to plan a family is amazing. I am grateful for meeting him. Every appt I had with him was comfortable and fast. I would sometimes go on my lunch break and didn’t have to take much time off of work. During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
Email is his best way of communication and it was mine too because of work. That was perfect. Every email I sent was replied to within minutes by either the doctor or the nurse
Dr T was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable
I was on menapur, gonal f, and ganirelix. My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron. Afterwards I took a prescription to lower hormones along with ganirelex
I hate doing blood work because I have small veins but needed to do it every appt. but they were gentle and did a great job
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
I had Cigna so they covered most after I met my deductible. The prescription medicine was an expense I didn’t budget. Cigna covered it but I had to pay a copay and that was 1k
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The doctor [Dr. Tortoriello] communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions...He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so...He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so. He responds to emails very quickly which reassures me that my treatment is important.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and explain your ideal outcome. Initially he didnt recommend PGS testing but when we explained we wanted to bank frozen embryos he agreed PGS testing would be beneficial. I'm glad we made that choice.
The doctor communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions. The support staff also responds quickly and with empathy.
He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring. I only got 1 PGS embryo but I guess egg quality was a little worse than expected. He recommended ICSI and DNA sperm fragmentation for my husband because of low morphology.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra suddal)
I actually never met the primary nurse on my doctor's team because She only spoke by phone to my husband (I had a meeting at work) and she wasn't available when I had my injections class. But she was great over email and the nurse I met at the injections class and at my retrieval was warm and organized.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Strengths: quick communication, billing was smooth (I have insurance), easy to make appointments in the near future. I only had to wait a long time in the waiting room once, and it was in the weekend so I didn't care too much.
My insurance paid for most of it, except retrieval anesthesia ($625) plus cost of PGS testing. I paid copays for office visits and medications. Calls with dr were $75 (not covered by insurance). Injections meeting with nurse cost $100. We had to pay co-pays on all testing. DNA sperm fragmentation test was not covered by insurance.
We told him we were very against twins so he didn't recommend iui or clomid. So he knows we would never transfer more than one embryo.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Tortoriello is very patient and is truly your doctor. He spent about 70 minutes with me at our first visit and he went over all the options and treatments. I asked him about PDG testing and he said it was an option but for me with such low egg number it might be best to just implant any healthy looking day 5 embryo. He really listened and he also did all my procedures...all of them. He also is great with emails...The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse
Latino, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T was my first fertility doctor. (i saw one before him like a consult but never followed through because it was like a meat factory. ) I can't imagine any improvement except for the fact that his monitoring starts later than I was expecting, so i had to make some plans at work to accomodate that. Totally worth it though because I got to see him each time.
Just listen to him, and don't be afraid to ask any questions because he is very happy to answer them all.
I did not do a lot of medicine as my egg count is low. The first time I used a pill with gonal-F 150. The second time I did no pills but increased gonal to 250 I think. Over 2 cycles i made 2 blasts. i transferred one frozen blast and that took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work. She would even call me after emails I would send late at night sometimes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants and they were all friendly enough. The lab must also be good too as I got pregnant.
I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule. Once Dr. T waited to see me at 5:30pm !
Just co-pays. Everything was covered. My requirement for inseminations was waived because of our combined issues....too many to count it seemed.
I had 2 blasts and he recommended one at a time. Good advice as it took !

3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them...it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them. I wasn't sure if I would care one way or the other, since in the first clinic I went to, the monitoring was done by techs and I loved those ladies, in the end I think I felt more comfortable with Dr. T doing the monitoring simply because it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
I recommend Dr. T, and from limited interaction with the other two doctors, all of the doctors at this clinic without reservation. They ALL come across as very serious and caring.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight. Unlike the first clinic I went to, there were never more than one or two other women waiting at any given time. The staff also seemed relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Leslie)
The nurses are very organized about follow-ups, and are 100% available via email. I never had to wait more than an hour or so to get a response back to a question, and often it was within minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
In contrast to the first clinic I went to, SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone (again, in contrast to my first clinic). The doctors do their own monitoring visits, so the only thing support staff do is blood. It's all very very calm and professional. Secondly, SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Monitoring (each visit) $525 Egg retrieval $2400 ICSI $2400 PICSI $1000 Embryo culture $1500 Extended culture $1500 PGD biopsy $500 per embryo Cryo $1000 Storage $80 FET - ? haven't seen the bill yet
I don't recall what Dr. T had to say about multiple transfer - I was never going to do more than single embryo transfer and it was never an issue since I only had one normal embryo post-PGS

How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
After initially being treated at Cornell for 4 failed cycles, I switched to Dr. T after my original doctor suggested using a surrogate. Although I should have been a very easy case (blocked tubes and a history of prior successful pregnancies, I was diagnosed with implantation failure. Dr. Tortoriello did a full and thorough work up with different testing and was willing and able to think outside of the box. This was EXACTLY what I needed. We transferred my last 3 frozen embryos - the ones that had been picked over each prior transfer - and it finally worked. I only kick myself for not going to him sooner. Dr. T is kind, compassionate to a point but also realistic. During our consultations, he didn't sugar coat things and gives you the honest facts. This was actually a little hard for me as a patient since I prefer a hand holder and a little more optimism. But he wholeheartedly wants it to work for his patients without making promises. During procedures and monitoring, he was upbeat and reassuring. I will 1000% be going back to him again. When everyone had given up on me, he made it happen.
Do your research beforehand. He is very willing to try new things.
Monitoring was made by individual appointments rather than a giant cattle call. In addition, I was able to personally communicate with my doctor through email whenever I needed.
We did a natural, frozen embryo cycle. He had me on 2 weeks of antibiotics during the first part of my cycle since I had been questioning infection. In addition, 5mg of prednisone and Foltanx. After the transfer, I supplemented with PIO and estrogen.
For the most part, they were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It is small and more of a 'boutique' clinic. Individual appointment times for monitoring are a huge plus. The biggest weakness is that it is extremely expensive, much more than competing clinics.
I don't remember the exact breakdown since I still had insurance coverage at that time. However, I know it is an extremely expensive clinic.
He based my transfer on my individual history (many prior failed transfers) and the grading of my embryos which I greatly appreciated. I think this is his approach with all his patients.

1 IUI, IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological, Other
Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry...
1 IUI, IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Our dream came true thanks to Dr. Drew Tortoriello Everything began four years ago when we decided to start family. We tried to get pregnant for year with no luck met. That time I went to see my ob/gyn who sent us for some tests. We were confused, sad and depressed. She told us that IVF is our only option. So we went to clinic that was closest to our hometown. Doctors explained us what should we expect, but after failed IUI, IVF cycles and one miscarriage we were disappointed. We did not know what to do next, stay with clinic that follow protocol and won't make any changes or find someone else who can help us. At that time, I met a friend who was doctor’s T. patient and who got pregnant after first cycle of IVF in her 40s. So we called dr. T. office to make apt. and it was best decision of our live. Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry. We are happiest since this is something that wouldn't be possible without doctor T. What we want to say is beyond 5 stars, excellent service etc. He helped us made life dream come true, so make appointment with him and you will see by yourself. THANK YOU DR. TORTORIELLO and SHER INSTITUTE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AIMEE :)
TRUST HIM
2008 - 2013
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
He [Dr Drew. Tortoriello] is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice...He would answer all questions calmly and completely in person, on the phone, by email and on the webboard...He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking.
2008 - 2013
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking. We were given a less than 5% chance that they would both take and of course they both did. Now after PGD screening of the embryos and >$100,000 spent and 7 miserable years trying to build a family destroying my wifes body we have our first child and the twins with the boy twin being terribly sick with a very rare genetic mutation called CTNNB1 Haploinsufficiency that essentially means severe mental retardation and severe Cerebral palsy. SO we in essence gave up the best years of our lives to create a sick child that will drain us financially and emotionally for the rest of our lives- not to mention how it will mess up our children.
He is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice
Standard cycle medications and treatment were used though the ONLY success we had was after doing FROZEN transfers BOTH times. The second time my wife was given hormones to shut her reproductive system down for 3 months prior to the frozen transfer to get her ready and it worked--- A little too well it turns out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Clinic has good doctors and good office and flexible cycle dates as well as individual cycle dates. We did not normally wait a great amount of time. I think a handful of times we had to wait because there was an emergency or doctor had to be somewhere else that ran late but the vast majority of the time it was very good.
the 2 cycle plan I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic

9 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
9 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!

2012 - 2013
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
2012 - 2013
European, East Asian, Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
Sher Fertility of New York
During my consultation with [Dr. Tortoriello], he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that... listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Excellent doctor who listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Ger ready to get pregnant!
During my consultation with Dr. Tortoriello, he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that.
Dr. Tortoriello was going to put me on 50mg of Clomid. I suggested we increase that to 100mg since that's the dosage the previous doctor had given me which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. He listened and increased the doseage. I appreciated that. It led to my successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances Faundez)
Frances Faundez was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Everything was great. One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing.
My IUI was covered. I just had to pay for clomid which was discounted through insurance.

Male Factor, Other
My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. ... Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Black or African-American
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. For that, we are eternally grateful
Dr. Tortoriello is a very tactful person. Try to tamper your aggression. Trust this doctor to do the best for you. Ulterior motives exit when Dr. T enters
A number is faceless, a human (especially, a patient) requires compassion, attention to details, understanding, and I dare say empathy. Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
Sometimes, there was confusion as to the appointment dates, test results, etc. We attribute this to a lack of primary nursing help assignment. No malice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in
The cost of the cycle (hormonal pre-retrieval therapy, egg retrieval, ICSI, pre-implantation hormonal therapy, PGS/PGD, fertilization, implantation) ran close to $20,000
Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury of having the availability of multiple embryos. Therefore, this question is moot
Sher Fertility of New York

Dr. T [Tortoriello] meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time. During our 3rd attempt, we did slow stimming and I had one embryo. This turned out to be my healthy and adorable daughter. We're planning to go back within the year to give her a sibling. If you have any doubts regarding your RE, go to dr. T!!! He is amazing.
Ask questions for your comfort, but trust him completely. He is a true expert, as well as ethical and fair.
Where do I start with Dr. T...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Mika Dychiao)
I actually communicated frequently with Dr T vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Monitoring hours can be a little inconvenient, as they start at 8.45am. Besides that, I don't have many complaints about SHER as a whole. The nurses and front desk were kind and compassionate.
Luckily we had insurance coverage so I'm not sure about OOP cycle costs.
I believe Dr. T preferred single transfer to avoid multiples. I didn't have that option so it wasn't an issue for us.
Sher Fertility of New York

Dr. Tortoriello was friendly and professional. He stated exactly what he found and diagnosed my condition immediately. He mentioned several options for my treatment and responded to all my emails. Dr. T talked with my on the phone to calm me down when I was very upset over my fibroid bleeding. He told me all would turn out well over time, and everything did. I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello for any and all fertility needs and female issues. He is kind, knowledgeable and treats you like a human being...
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
My experience as a patient was excellent. I was extremely nervous visiting Dr. Tortoriello because I was heavily bleeding and did not know why. Dr. T made sure I did multiple tests to diagnose my situation. He prescribed an endometrial biopsy, sonogram, and inter uterine sonogram. Once he diagnosed the fibroid pressing on my uterus, he knew I needed a hormone shot, medicine and surgical procedures. All went very well and the bleeding has stopped! I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient who was cared about. Dr. T. always remembered my case and plus he even wrote me in between visits to check on me. My experience with him has been wonderful. Thank you Dr. T!
Be very honest with him about all your symptoms and trust him.
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...He spent over an hour at our first consult and he went over all my old records thoroughly and there was a lot! He didn't discourage me even though I was told I was "too old" and had "old eggs" by other doctors so he gave me hope. He saw me for EVERY visit !! he did all his own sonograms and the retrieval and transfer. This was night and day compared to my other centers where I saw my main doctor once or twice the whole time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is just a very kind man who cares. You can tell. He never rushed me and answered my emails, sometimes late at night, all the time. He was very realistic without dashing my dreams and prayers. He is incredibly busy but somehow always reached out to me to see how I was doing. Love that man.
See him first...not after schlepping through 2 factory centers first!!!
He used estrogen patches and then stimulation medication. Lower dosages than before. Felt much less bloaty. He triggered me a bit later I think. I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lesly)
she was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Great. new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
Not much....my insurance covers me for 3 cycles.
He offered to implant one, but I wanted both, and he said it was all right as I was nearly 40.
Sher Fertility of New York
The first time was awesome. [Dr. Tortoriello] went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy...was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
Do your research before seeing any doctor. We were blinded by the fact that we wanted a baby so badly that we put all our faith in our doctor and didn’t question his decisions.
The first time was awesome. Dr. T went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy.
Our favorite nurse was Jackie. She was with us throughout both of our treatments. She got to know us as a couple and not just as patients. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic itself was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room with Dr. T.
Luckily our treatments were covered by my health insurance. Unfortunately we maxed out.
Sher Fertility of New York
my experience with Dr. T [Tortoriello] was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle...He is very warm and personable. He answered all of my very many emails promptly. He called me with results...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
No advice except see him first!
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs.
Covered 100%.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment ... He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Thanks to Dr. T, I have 2 beautiful children. I did 2 cycles with him, and each resulted in a singleton birth. I can't thank Dr. T enough for the joy of having full family. He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
Listen to him and trust him. Don't be afraid to ask questions - he's there for you.
Dr. T is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Cycle mostly covered by insurance. About $5000 out of pocket for medications, co-pay and non-covered tests
Dr. T described what he thought would be best approach for the transfer and given my age expected outcomes. I always felt that I was making an educated decision

1 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. T. was very good at communicating, he replied very thoroughly / promptly to my questions. I think there was probably unnecessary part of the treatment and testing (immunology, hgh), i was stunned to have just one embryo after 2 months of prepping, and better results with other doctors...Nurse did not reply to my messages, when replied seemed to ignore the questions -- this was very stressful, but if I would ask Dr. T, they would come back .
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr T. is very good at communicating, though his nurse was not.
Some treatment of immunology issues was done on me, it did not hurt probably. I also was taking hgh. Dr. T also adjusted protocol in the beginning of the cycle, given my hormone levels (there was a switch in drugs, and i actually lost some money on that). Since the results were dismal, I am not sure it worked.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The doctor is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc.
10-13K + meds
Sher Fertility of New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs... He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch...I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T is great! He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch.
Make sure you ask questions. He will answer, but isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs.
Sheri was a small facility. I never waited very long, and it always felt comfortable in the waiting room. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I always felt like I was in good hands.
We did Femara IUI. I am an SMC and didn’t have any proven infertility at the time, so we started slow. I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
Everyone was great at drawing blood quickly and neatly. All were very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results. This place is terrific.
I had insurance, so I just paid copays.

2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide...Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining...Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
European, East Asian
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Around 25k for ivf

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his [Dr. Tortoriello] field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage ... Explained everything thoroughly and cared about what we were going through. Compassionate and caring
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage
Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
Just like dr very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Absolutely amazing so helpful caring and compassionate. Talked us through everything. And understood what we were going through. Felt at ease after our first visit after the first dr we saw was horrible at another clinic
Purchase

1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling...I was on low dose of injections for egg banking...I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling.
Ask tons of questions
You can make an appt. but one time I had to wait for over an hour in the exam room.
I was on low dose of injections for egg banking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra)
I never met my nurse. I also got conflicting information regarding my meds. She told me one could be refrigerated and it couldn't.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I liked that you could make and appt. it was very easy to get to via train.
Copays and anesthesia

1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I thought that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking...Very flat affect in general....He used low dose meds bc I have DOR. He recommended banking for 3 cycles and then testing...
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I thought that he treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
Ask a tons of questions!
Very flat affect in general.
I never met her and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Loved that you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work.
Copays

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr T [Tortoriello] always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. ... Dr T recommendation was always to go with eSET, but i went with multiple transfer but he explained the risk involved beforehand. ... Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr T always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. When i came to this doctor it was my 3rd IVF which no positive hopes. But with this treatment i got my first positive test ever resulting in beautiful adorable daughter that i have now. without him it would never be possible for me to experience motherhood. Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure. Dr T will do wonders in your life :)
Stay focused Dr T will take care and don't lose hope
Dr T was so open minded and always cared and listened to me.
Estrogen Priming protocol for Egg retrieval Depot Lupron shot before embryo transfer which was main reason for my success
They were so kind and compassionate. Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
They have the best doctors in this clinic. Amazing staffs and there is 100% hope for patients going to this clinic to get successful . Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. Better results when compared to other clinic. Treatment methodology is very different from other clinic which gives better result
Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. If you plan accordingly it will be as quick as grabbing a coffee from starbucks
approximately around $15,000

IUI, 2 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. ... I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease. ... Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands. ... Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve).
IUI, 2 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I was at RMA previously, and I chose to leave because they didn’t create a custom plan and I felt like a number. Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve). Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands.
Dr. T is very patient and thoughtful. Ask questions, because he has great info to offer.
I interviewed several doctors before selecting Dr. Tortoriello. Of all the doctors I spoke to, he was the most patient, thoughtful and comforting. I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease.
I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. After that, we did menapur and gonal to stimulate the follicals. I was closely monitored throughout to ensure they were growing routinely. When we had 4-5 (I did get 20+ like some women) we did a retrieval. I did 2 rounds to get as many eggs as possible, and ended up with 4, 5 day blastos.
They were on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention. It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it.
I had insurance that supported

2017 - 2019
[Dr. Tortoriello] always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way...My experience over the past 2 years was wonderful all the way through. After 3 failed IUI treatments, we were ready to proceed into IVF. Dr T was there for us every step of the way. We valued his opinion 100 % and he always made us feel like we were all in this together. After 1 cycle of IVF, I am now in week 13 of my first pregnancy :) baby is strong and healthy, thanks Dr T!!!
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
To be open and honest no matter what, because that’s how Dr T can best guide you
Dr. T always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
Every single nurse at Sher was amazing! Shout out to Cindy :)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Appoints always available, easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc
My insurance is AMAZING I’ll I paid for was my deductible - which was to cover the IVF meds. No other out of pockets payments at all
My husband and I always thought we wanted to transfer 2 embryos when the time came. Dr T walked us through the benefits and risk factors that 2 could possibly bring onto myself and the embryos. I’m a very small at 5ft 110lbs and his option really matters to us. We decided on 1 embryo transfer for the best possible outcome