Good

Cornell
UMDNJ

Drew Tortoriello works at

425 Fifth Ave

I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...He spent over an hour at our first consult and he went over all my old records thoroughly and there was a lot! He didn't discourage me even though I was told I was "too old" and had "old eggs" by other doctors so he gave me hope. He saw me for EVERY visit !! he did all his own sonograms and the retrieval and transfer. This was night and day compared to my other centers where I saw my main doctor once or twice the whole time.
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...she [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat...new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is just a very kind man who cares. You can tell. He never rushed me and answered my emails, sometimes late at night, all the time. He was very realistic without dashing my dreams and prayers. He is incredibly busy but somehow always reached out to me to see how I was doing. Love that man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
See him first...not after schlepping through 2 factory centers first!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
He used estrogen patches and then stimulation medication. Lower dosages than before. Felt much less bloaty. He triggered me a bit later I think. I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lesly)
she was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Great. new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Not much....my insurance covers me for 3 cycles.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
He offered to implant one, but I wanted both, and he said it was all right as I was nearly 40.
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The whole pharmacy thing is complicated. Easy to make mistakes. Employers now are cracking down so can't use the usual fertility or compounding pharmacies that Sher is used to using.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do...He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
[The nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions NY is] SO organized. Quick email replies. Straightforward and thorough. Does a great job...No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others...the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here...aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
Dr. T is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do.
At each step, ask about what diagnostics are available. He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
I felt that he was always communicative and remembered the details of my exact case. I was always impressed with that.
Antagonist protocol. The 2nd cycle we added HGH during sims and 3rd cycle priming with HGH. Improved each time!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others. Not sleek like Columbia and Cornell. But the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here.
aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
He recommends eSET for me b/c I have PGS normals. I do have an undetermined and he said he would transfer the undetermined along with a PGS normal if I wanted.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. [Tortoriello] ... We used Clomid then injectables for PCOS, and then used IUI to help with sperm morphology issues ... Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process ... We had to call them sometimes to get all of the information we needed and they didn't always proactively call or explain. But overall was not a big problem
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. We had a bit of a difficult time getting pregnant and currently we are celebrating nearly a week with our healthy beautiful baby girl. Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out. It took a while and there were some struggles, but having him by our side throughout the process made things much easier. We recommend Dr. T highly without any reservations
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he always is patient and happy to explain things
Dr T has amazing bedside manner and explains all of your options to you. He expresses a realistic optimism that as we were having trouble let us know everything was going to be ok
Amazing all around
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello was friendly and professional. He stated exactly what he found and diagnosed my condition immediately. He mentioned several options for my treatment and responded to all my emails. Dr. T talked with my on the phone to calm me down when I was very upset over my fibroid bleeding. He told me all would turn out well over time, and everything did. I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello for any and all fertility needs and female issues. He is kind, knowledgeable and treats you like a human being...
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance [at Sher Fertility of NY] and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level...My experience as a patient was excellent. I was extremely nervous visiting Dr. Tortoriello because I was heavily bleeding and did not know why. Dr. T made sure I did multiple tests to diagnose my situation. He prescribed an endometrial biopsy, sonogram, and inter uterine sonogram. Once he diagnosed the fibroid pressing on my uterus, he knew I needed a hormone shot, medicine and surgical procedures. All went very well and the bleeding has stopped! I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient who was cared about. Dr. T. always remembered my case and plus he even wrote me in between visits to check on me. My experience with him has been wonderful. Thank you Dr. T!
Be very honest with him about all your symptoms and trust him.
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment ... He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
It's [Sher Fertility] a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Thanks to Dr. T, I have 2 beautiful children. I did 2 cycles with him, and each resulted in a singleton birth. I can't thank Dr. T enough for the joy of having full family. He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
Listen to him and trust him. Don't be afraid to ask questions - he's there for you.
Dr. T is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Cycle mostly covered by insurance. About $5000 out of pocket for medications, co-pay and non-covered tests
Dr. T described what he thought would be best approach for the transfer and given my age expected outcomes. I always felt that I was making an educated decision
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T was great. You can tell early on how much experience he has within fertility and putting you on the right path. We had male factor so we always knew IVF with ICSI had the strongest chance but with my insurance requirements it made us have to do 3 IUIs before they would cover IVF. After 3 failed IUI, we had success in our first round of IVF.
Thank you to the entire [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] nursing staff. They are so lovely and helpful...Clinic was great. No wait times. Open on weekends. In and out in 15 minutes. Clinic was clean which was important with covid. My financial coordinator was so great in explaining everything to me and working with my insurance provider.
Go see him sooner rather than later. We waited 1.5 years to consult a specialist and I wish we had done it sooner.
Dr. T and his staff were always very warm and caring on a human level.
IUI to IVF ICSI
Thank you to the entire nursing staff. They are so lovely and helpful. I will miss them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
IUIs were covered by insurance. Same with IVF cycle. PGS testing was out of pocket but worth it.
One embryo at a time
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
my experience with Dr. T [Tortoriello] was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle...He is very warm and personable. He answered all of my very many emails promptly. He called me with results...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous...SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
No advice except see him first!
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
Covered 100%.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
2010, Unknown Success
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide...Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining...Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
[Sher Fertility of New York was] Very organized...You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work...Bushra [nurse] was a bit disorganized but very kind...Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills...Around 25k for ivf...[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient.
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Around 25k for ivf
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing...understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Very kind and always ready to help and explain things...We purchased a package that included free transfer until success...The clinic is small but very efficient and clean. The only negative is that they don't have their own lab so you have to wait longer to get the results of your tests. Other than that it is in a very central and convenient location...We just decided to test the embryos for genetic problems and then transfer the best looking one. We didn't want to put too much stress on the body. We also only had 4 embryos and didn't want to lose two in one shot in case it didn't work.
He is simply the best doctor I have experienced during my journey. My husband shares the same feeling. I remember my husband telling me: 'this doctor did it right this time!'. He really did, we got a gorgeous baby boy. I went to Cornell at first, thinking I would find the best doctors there but I was wrong, I had a horrible experience. Dr. Tortoriello understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
Follow his instructions to the T, like he like to be called Dr. T, and be confident. Don't worry if he doesn't talk a lot, he knows what he is doing.
The doctor was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing.
Don't remember, there were so many medicines.
Very kind and always ready to help and explain things.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't remember. We purchased a package that included free transfer until success.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T [Tortoriello] always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. ... Dr T recommendation was always to go with eSET, but i went with multiple transfer but he explained the risk involved beforehand. ... Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure.
Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments [Sher Fertility of New York] are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. ... Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. ... [nurses] Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Dr T always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. When i came to this doctor it was my 3rd IVF which no positive hopes. But with this treatment i got my first positive test ever resulting in beautiful adorable daughter that i have now. without him it would never be possible for me to experience motherhood. Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure. Dr T will do wonders in your life :)
Stay focused Dr T will take care and don't lose hope
Dr T was so open minded and always cared and listened to me.
Estrogen Priming protocol for Egg retrieval Depot Lupron shot before embryo transfer which was main reason for my success
They were so kind and compassionate. Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They have the best doctors in this clinic. Amazing staffs and there is 100% hope for patients going to this clinic to get successful . Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. Better results when compared to other clinic. Treatment methodology is very different from other clinic which gives better result
Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. If you plan accordingly it will be as quick as grabbing a coffee from starbucks
approximately around $15,000
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr.T[ortoriello] always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked...I have diagnosed with Asherman syndrome after I lost my identical twin girls. Many Dr had told me that I probably have to do gestation as my uterus was not able to develop any lining. However, Dr.T said to me that I should not give up, and he was right. I was able to get pregnant with the first cycle. After I delivered a healthy baby girl, I started another IVF cycle to have a second baby. I had two IVF cycles to retrieve enough eggs, and I transferred two eggs at a time twice. With the second time, I was able to get pregnant again. Now, I have two beautiful girls with me. I can only thank him. He was very kind and had a passion for helping women like me. Do not give up to have a baby until you see him!!
I am not sure what are their [Sher Fertility of New York's] weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T[ortoriello] was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too...The nurses there were excellent. They were very organized and kind. I loved them...only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Just trust him, and ask him if you have any questions. He will give you answers.
Dr.T always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their lab was high level, so you can trust their techniques to develop your eggs there. I am not sure what are their weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too.
Dr. T only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello. My husband and I will be forever grateful. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process.... You can tell they [Sher Fertility NY] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
You can tell they [Sher Fertility of New York] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care.... I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff....His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful.... Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff. After having a bad experience at a different clinic-we were referred to Dr Tortoriello by a close family member. All I have to say is My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Tortoriello. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process. His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful. You can tell they work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia chao)
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. ... I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease. ... Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands. ... Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve).
Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. ... It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it. ... They [nurses] were on top of everything. ... Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention.
I was at RMA previously, and I chose to leave because they didn’t create a custom plan and I felt like a number. Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve). Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands.
Dr. T is very patient and thoughtful. Ask questions, because he has great info to offer.
I interviewed several doctors before selecting Dr. Tortoriello. Of all the doctors I spoke to, he was the most patient, thoughtful and comforting. I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease.
I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. After that, we did menapur and gonal to stimulate the follicals. I was closely monitored throughout to ensure they were growing routinely. When we had 4-5 (I did get 20+ like some women) we did a retrieval. I did 2 rounds to get as many eggs as possible, and ended up with 4, 5 day blastos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
They were on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention. It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it.
I had insurance that supported
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. T[ortoriello] is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
my biggest issues with the office [Sher Fertility of New York] were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes...I don’t think I had any major problems just little hiccups that were frustrating...There were many more strengths than weaknesses...Dr T[ortoriello] always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
Dr. T is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation.
He’s very honest and has a dry sense of humor that could take some getting used to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I have not been a patient in the office for 4 years but back then my biggest issues with the office were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
When I was a patient 4 years ago, the only weakness was the lack of compassion from some of the staff. There were many more strengths than weaknesses. I loved that I always saw Dr T. I never saw another doctor for anything.
Dr T always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule.
I had insurance
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello shows compassion and kindness towards his patients. He takes his time to explain everything when evaluating or consulting with you and is very genuine...He is always looking out for his patients best interest and presents with a calm demeanor that has made a difficult situation much less stressful..
SHER had a nice and clean atmosphere. They had morning and weekend appointments available which was very helpful for me since I do not live in Manhattan. The front desk and nursing staff was always kind and helpful...Nurses were always very responsive and there to assist with questions...SHER is a little more expensive than other fertility centers, however it is worth it for the care you get.
Dr Tortoriello is the best fertility doctor there is!! He is very knowledgeable and thorough in his diagnosis/treatment process and explains everything about your evaluation and treatment. He is always looking out for his patients best interest and presents with a calm demeanor that has made a difficult situation much less stressful.
I would advise prospective patients to see Dr Tortoriello and trust his recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia )
SHER staff was always kind. You were always greeted with a kind word or smile. Nurses were always very responsive and there to assist with questions
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Helpful and responsive...professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T[ortoriello] and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend...sometimes it was hard to follow email trails because correspondence would come from multiple nurses...[Dr. Tortoriello] was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been...bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Dr.T was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been.
Dr. Tortoriello’s bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Responsive, professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend..............
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Tortoiello] is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true.... He took the time out to answer all my questions even by email. He has great bedside manners and easy to talk to about anything.
They [Sher Fertility of NY] are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments... He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options.
He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true. I owe him a lot for helping me and my husband have the family we always dreamed of!
You are going to love this dr. He is amazing doctor and person always answering your questions and being honest. He also has great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T[ortoriello] was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest...I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T[ortoriello] and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round. Everyone in the Manhattan office from office staff to nurses were so kind. This is by not means an easy process to endure. I now have beautiful 7 year old boy thanks to Dr. T and his staff at Sher. I am forever grateful and blessed.
Dr. T was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy. Placental health is of utmost importance to maintain a healthy pregnancy, especially with a history of miscarriages.
Great!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I don’t remember. It was covered under my insurance plan.
Two embryos were transferred, one was successful.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is an absolute expert in his field. He always provides all information needed and explains all options carefully. We had a lot of questions during the process, and Dr. Tortoriello was always patient to answer them and to make sure we understand every aspect of the process...
The [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway...Dr. Tortoriello is a great doctor whom we can't praise high enough! He was so compassionate and willing to answer any questions we had back then.
You are very lucky to have this doctor!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway.

2015 - 2020, Successful
I liked that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T...is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality [at Sher Fertility of New York]. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window...The staff are excellent. The initial outreach is via an appointment but afterward, they would reach out via email and were easily accessible... There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Dr Tortoriello is fantastic. I had high expectations for my doctor since I am a physician myself and I found that Dr T is outstanding with his bedside manner as well as expertise. I had many questions and he always took time to answer them completely with up to date studies and recommendations. I liked that he wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T. After some failed cycles, I did try two other clinics but they didn't end up working either and Dr T had no issue with the fact that I tried elsewhere and picked up right where we left off and in the end, I got my two babies with Dr T!
Dr T is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances, Bushra)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is smaller and so more intimate in feel. There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Insurance didn't cover so I had a cash plan
Dr T was open to either option.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Tortoriello was so kind and never made me feel rushed. He took his time and made me feel comfortable with any decisions made...go in with an open mind and expect an upfront honest compassionate doctor...He’s honest and blunt but I appreciate that and he speaks in a kind gentle manner...
Marian and Cecilia and the entire team [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] were so sweet and kind...the other coordinators were always on top of their emails when I’d have a quick question and would answer so quickly...Monitoring was quick and easy...they have great bed side manners. They’re compassionate and are very clean and organized...
Dr Tortoriello is the kindest doctor. During the pandemic my husband and I were very nervous on how to go about this journey for our second child. We had our first with him and his clinic in 2017 and it just felt the same this time around. He made me feel very comfortable. He’s honest and blunt but I appreciate that and he speaks in a kind gentle manner as opposed to other doctors I’ve been to. I was never use to that so he was a breath of fresh air. I never felt like a number. Every time I went in for my appointment, I was taken either right away or within 5 mins. Even for my transfer when I saw a couple other patients waiting and I thought for sure it was going to be long but I was wrong. Every appointment was so smooth and never he hesitated to answer all my questions. I had to go a few times with my husband and son when I had no babysitter and was pleasantly surprised they allowed my son to be in the room. After one of my appointments my son said ‘wow that guy’s cool’ (he’s 3yrs old) Even my son liked him. My husband who is always very nervous with me and every doctor I have to come across was very happy with him too. We have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Tortoriello.
One advice would be to go in with an open mind and expect an upfront honest compassionate doctor. He does not make promises or give false hope but it’s just an awesome doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for some sort of help in their infertility journey.
Dr. T and his team worked on a a schedule for my body type. Since I’m 40yrs old I needed certain medication to get a regular period and then other injections to prep my body. I just hit my 12th week of pregnancy and recently finished the progesterone in oil and estrogen which was needed to sustain the pregnancy. Everything was very straight to the point and organized
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian and Cecilia and the entire team were so sweet and kind. Marian helped me along with my first pregnancy so I was very comfortable with her. We chatted about our experience as a first time mother and gave me great advice. Her and the other coordinators were always on top of their emails when I’d have a quick question and would answer so quickly
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher fertility’s strengths are they have great bed side manners. They’re compassionate and are very clean and organized. Even after my last appointment I felt sad that I wasn’t going to see them again. They said to keep in touch which I definitely will
Monitoring was quick and easy. They went around my schedule for that specific day and they also allow my son to be in the room which I really appreciated when I had no baby sister.
Everything was under my insurance and I was just left with copays. Monitoring appointments were $50 but I’m not positive how much the rest were
He did tell me and my husband about the risk of multiples and the quality of 1 of my embryos but my husband and I knew that I was up in age and decided to go ahead and put the last 2 embryos in. It resulted in 1 current pregnancy but we expected this. We appreciated his honesty