Good

Cornell
UMDNJ

Drew Tortoriello works at

425 Fifth Ave

[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing...understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Very kind and always ready to help and explain things...We purchased a package that included free transfer until success...The clinic is small but very efficient and clean. The only negative is that they don't have their own lab so you have to wait longer to get the results of your tests. Other than that it is in a very central and convenient location...We just decided to test the embryos for genetic problems and then transfer the best looking one. We didn't want to put too much stress on the body. We also only had 4 embryos and didn't want to lose two in one shot in case it didn't work.
He is simply the best doctor I have experienced during my journey. My husband shares the same feeling. I remember my husband telling me: 'this doctor did it right this time!'. He really did, we got a gorgeous baby boy. I went to Cornell at first, thinking I would find the best doctors there but I was wrong, I had a horrible experience. Dr. Tortoriello understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
Follow his instructions to the T, like he like to be called Dr. T, and be confident. Don't worry if he doesn't talk a lot, he knows what he is doing.
The doctor was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing.
Don't remember, there were so many medicines.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very kind and always ready to help and explain things.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't remember. We purchased a package that included free transfer until success.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Helpful and responsive...professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T[ortoriello] and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend...sometimes it was hard to follow email trails because correspondence would come from multiple nurses...[Dr. Tortoriello] was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been...bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Dr.T was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been.
Dr. Tortoriello’s bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Responsive, professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend..............
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is an absolute expert in his field. He always provides all information needed and explains all options carefully. We had a lot of questions during the process, and Dr. Tortoriello was always patient to answer them and to make sure we understand every aspect of the process...
The [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway...Dr. Tortoriello is a great doctor whom we can't praise high enough! He was so compassionate and willing to answer any questions we had back then.
You are very lucky to have this doctor!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages...also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
[Sher Fertility Solutions New York is] Well managed, smooth operations. Never had to wait long. The lab is also key and well-managed and follows the highest standards. You have the option to speak with the embryologist which is nice to hear directly from them...[nurses were] Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Dr T is a very experienced, trustworthy, and caring RE. He listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages. This should have been caught by the lab who initially said my karyotype was normal.
He is a little bit of an introvert so my advice would be to always ask questions if you feel unsure or unclear about something.
Dr T was always responsive to my questions, emails, and needs. You can tell he cares about the treatment of all his patients. He also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
For my retrievals, I was on 225 IU Gonal F and 75 IU of menopur. When I didn't produce any PGS normal embryos, he added HGH Omnitrope to my protocol which had better results. For transfer, I was on prednisone and did intralipid infusion. It was a medicated transfer where I took estrogen pills and 2ml of progesterone injections. Before transfer we did the ReceptivaRX test which had high BCL6 levels (indication of endometriosis). Per Dr T's recommendation I had a laparascopy to remove it. Also did an ERA test after my first failed transfer which said I needed an extra day of progesterone. My second transfer worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was very fortunate and had a $30K lifetime max allowance under my insurance, excluding prescription meds.
Yes, preferred single embryo transfer
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead...He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner
The [Sher Fertility Solutions New York] clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner. I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of question. He tried to identify the reason for my infertility one by one and treated it before starting IVF while my previous doctor tired to recommend me IVF without trying to identify the reason for my infertility. Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead.
I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of questions.
We didn't fell any coldness from Dr. Tortoriello that we felt from our previous doctor. He was very patient and tried to understand our concern even though our English is not that great. He tried to do check ups by him self as much as possible while our previous doctor rarely showed up and usually let nurses or other doctors to take care of me.
Having failed to get pregnant 2 times with IUI (5 times total including IUI with previous doctor), Dr. Tortoriello tested me to see if i was having endometriosis. The test result was negative so we started IVF cycle and during the egg retrieval, he collected a cell from my uterus and found out that I had endometritis, so he prescribed a medicine to treat it before putting back embryo. I was using intramuscular injection to take progesterone first but it got too painful, so he immediately switched it to gel type.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
They are very friendly and responsive via email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I think they are within my expectation and also are within the general market standard.
He explained pros and cons of both eSET and multiple embryo transfer and let me choose which one I want to do.
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr T[ortoriello] had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you...consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc)...Treatment for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!
Treatment [at Sher Fertility of New York] for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!...All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them...Boutique feel, clean& organized...you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
I had a long infertility journey and just wish I found Dr Tortoriello and his colleagues sooner. His clinic is not a factory like many of the other academic centers in NYC. The doctor will see you at every appointment, the doctor explains things to you, and the doctor KNOWS your history. The doctors here are also better than most academic centers in that they have the best training but also consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc). Too many places in NYC blow off patients with autoimmunity or implantation failures but Dr Tortoriello (and his colleagues) will be able to manage it and bring success if you stick with it!!!! I’m so thankful for their help in creating my family.
Make an appointment and be willing to adjust your personal schedule to see the doctor every time. Don’t go to a factory with rotating doctors!! It’s worth it.
Dr T had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: All are excellent -too many to list )
All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique feel, clean& organized. Again- you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
Some though insurance some out of pocket
I was aligned with Dr T in that I preferred eSET. After such a long infertility journey, the last thing I wanted was a high risk multiples pregnancy!

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...His dedication to helping families is remarkable. He made me feel like there was never a question that I could have children - I needed that confidence! Also his approach to finding my fertility issues were methodical and clear. He also takes a holistic health approach to figuring out an issue. Simply put, I would not have gotten pregnant without Dr T.
Excellent and responsive staff [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York]. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment...Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...Luckily my insurance covered the treatments (I required testing and small procedures), so fortunately they were reasonable
Trust him and don’t give up. Use him as a resource.
He was always specific in his directions - ie what day to come in for ovarian reserve check and when to evaluate tubes, and what time to take meds etc. He also responded to emails at all times which is very appreciated!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Excellent and responsive staff. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout [my cycle with Dr. Drew Tortoriello]...a very calm and reassuring physician...Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly...He doesn't make promises, but he will take so much of the anxiety out of the process. If you need someone who is reassuring, honest, and thoughtful, Dr. T your best bet.
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility]. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband... I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
I met with a RE at another clinic before working with Dr. Tortoriello and the experience was like night and day. While the other physician had zero beside manner and barely let me speak, Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly. If I pursue more IVF, it would definitely be under his care.
Dr. Tortoriello is a very calm and reassuring physician. He presented information without editorializing or imposing any judgement.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout. Gonal-F started at 300 but increased to 350. Menopur started at 75 and increased to 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher has a pretty good system so for the most part you only deal with your primary physician. I had to come in on the weekend once for an ultrasound and met a different doctor on call but in terms of the care I received, it was the same.
I was able to use my insurance to cover my care, although we paid for medications out-of-pocket. I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] is quiet and introverted...For the first two FET rounds: Crinone Estrace Prednisone (slightly elevated NK levels) Lovenox (for slightly elevated anticardiolipin) Intralipids (slightly elevated NK levels) For third, I switched to PIO thinking maybe it was affecting implantation, skipped prednisone and intralipids and waited on the lovenox until a positive beta. This transfer worked, and so far so good.
[Sher Fertility has] Appointments rather than open monitoring...Don't feel like a number...It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized...Modern facilities Modern communications...Financial coordination is great...She [nurse] was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email...I believe they misplaced a test result (test for initial clearance for an FET) but overall were very organized
Dr T is a wonderful person, and I feel safe and well cared for with him. He knows his stuff and has zero ego. He is open to experimental treatment but committed to the standard fundamentals. I did have two failed transfers with him, however, with tested embryos. He recommended a very different protocol than I had had previously, and I wonder if it was too different, or too out there. His protocol included things like prednisone and intralipids, which I know are controversial. When I wanted to switch back to a more standard protocol he was very supportive, and so far this one has worked (I'm 11 weeks). I would feel very comfortable going to him for a future cycle.
You must do your own research and be proactive! He is quiet and introverted ... Make sure you ask all your questions!
His bedside care is amazing. He is warm, open, and caring. He listens and is incredibly patient. He remembers my case and responds to every email!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email. Seems to know her stuff but for some reason I'm not blown away by her capabilities as a nurse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique Appointments rather than open monitoring Don't feel like a number It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized Modern facilities Modern communications Financial coordination is great
$1540 per transfer with insurance Plus other costs
He was very open and asked my preference. Because I said single without hesitating, we didn't discuss it further
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T. [Tortoriello] is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results.... I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They [Sher Fertility of NY] accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.... On one occasion my test results were misread and they asked me to proceed with stims on a cycle that would have ended up being canceled due to a lead follicle.
He is patient and understanding of what his patients are going through. He is also very candid but you have to ask a lot of questions and be an educated patient. I had to ask about other options available. At times, I felt as a number. On one occasion he misread my test results and didn’t realize until I questioned it. He is very responsive to emails and gets back to you promptly which is great but his emails were abbreviated.
Be an educated patient. Ask questions. Schedule follow-up appointments.
Dr T. is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results. If you do remote monitoring like I did, I would recommend arranging follow-up phone consultations after each monitoring. I found his emails too brief so I always had follow-up questions. All in all, I would have appreciated more communication and personal guidance.
I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur. He added another injectable to prevent early ovulation around D11. He then had me go in every couple of days and adjusted my dosage according to the results. he added HGH during my 2nd cycle which got cancelled due to a lead follicle.
Cecilia is organized and helpful. On one occasion, she located a local pharmacy close to midnight for me when I was traveling and that allowed me to continue stims.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do remote monitoring in another state, so Im not aware of Sher's practice when it comes to monitoring
I haven't received a bill yet.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. ... Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in ... Frequently, the persons responding to a phone call were confused as to who should be consulted on a particular question. Appointment times were sometimes shuffled.
My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. For that, we are eternally grateful
Dr. Tortoriello is a very tactful person. Try to tamper your aggression. Trust this doctor to do the best for you. Ulterior motives exit when Dr. T enters
A number is faceless, a human (especially, a patient) requires compassion, attention to details, understanding, and I dare say empathy. Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
Sometimes, there was confusion as to the appointment dates, test results, etc. We attribute this to a lack of primary nursing help assignment. No malice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in
The cost of the cycle (hormonal pre-retrieval therapy, egg retrieval, ICSI, pre-implantation hormonal therapy, PGS/PGD, fertilization, implantation) ran close to $20,000
Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury of having the availability of multiple embryos. Therefore, this question is moot
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic...that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T[ortoriello]. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
It was a combination of Dr. Tortoriello's bedside manner and the fact that Sher Institute's process is personable and didn't have the feel of an assembly line...After 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks while at another clinic, Dr. T added Lovenox and intralipids to my cycle medications. My previous clinic did not prescribe these. I was 27 during my 1st cycle, my husband was 45, and our issue becoming pregnant was likely male-factor though it also seemed that I had an issue maintaining pregnancy beyond 8 weeks.
It is my great honor and pleasure to write this recommendation for Dr. Tortoriello. He is a miracle worker. After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic (on East 69th St. in Manhattan) that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
Be proactive about your case. This is true for any fertility doctor you visit.
The nurses were friendly, organized and communicative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility's strength is that it is a boutique clinic that can provide personalized care. You never feel like a number. The staff is professional, organized and efficient. They are open on weekends, and I never had any issues with wait times.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000.
After I had my first son Dr. T recommended eSET for subsequent transfers due to my age and success getting pregnant with previous transfers.
Investment Banker
Email is [Dr. Drew Tortoriello's] best way of communication...My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron...was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable...During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt [at Sher Fertility of New York]. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
Dr T was fantastic from my consultation wiith him to having 17 embryos frozen! Having infertility issues is devestating but finding a doctor like him and now being able to plan a family is amazing. I am grateful for meeting him. Every appt I had with him was comfortable and fast. I would sometimes go on my lunch break and didn’t have to take much time off of work. During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
Email is his best way of communication and it was mine too because of work. That was perfect. Every email I sent was replied to within minutes by either the doctor or the nurse
Dr T was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable
I was on menapur, gonal f, and ganirelix. My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron. Afterwards I took a prescription to lower hormones along with ganirelex
I hate doing blood work because I have small veins but needed to do it every appt. but they were gentle and did a great job
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
I had Cigna so they covered most after I met my deductible. The prescription medicine was an expense I didn’t budget. Cigna covered it but I had to pay a copay and that was 1k
Investment Banker
I saw Dr. Tortoriello for every visit. He did each and every ultrasound and at the end of each scan he told me exactly where he thought i was in the process in relation to where he thought I ought to be. He did both my egg harvest and embryo implantation. He responded to all my many emails, even during his Easter weekend. ... He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run [Sher Fertility of New York]. I waited never more than 10 minutes. ... They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit. ... She [nurse] communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process...which was a big deal for me as my husband travels a lot and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you are doing a lot of this immense process alone. His warmth and intellect I found to be a perfect combination.
Consult with him early onward and then make your choice.
We did an estrogen priming protocol that incorporated omnitrope (growth hormone). We were planning to do a fresh transfer but I had fluid in my uterus so we had to freeze and then do a frozen transfer. I had fluid in my uterus with my previous doctors but they downplayed it and both prior transfers with them failed. So Dr. Tortoriello was the first to acknowledge this and correct for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecily)
She communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run. I waited never more than 10 minutes. (Plus they have my favorite cookies out). They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit.
No issues...was out of pocket.
Dr. Tortoriello told me that twins were a high risk pregnancy so we opted to transfer just one blast and it took!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen [with Dr. Tortoriello]. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer...was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
I love the fact that Sher is a boutique type of clinic. Everyone is always available to speak with you whether you are there in person, over the phone or via email. The office is bright, clean and just overall inviting. The staff always greets you with a smile. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses I experienced during my treatment. They are open on the weekends for monitoring and are very good at making sure you are seen at your appointment time. I have never had an issue waiting to be seen. I always saw Dr. Tortoriello during my visits. Overall, I had a great experience.
I felt at ease with Dr. Tortoriello during my first consultation with him. He is very soft spoken as well as very thorough in explaining the pros and cons, as well as answering all of my questions. It was very easy to make my decision to pick him to be my fertility doctor. Any other consultations I had at other clinics made me feel like a number and not a human. He always made me feel like a human. During my treatment with Dr. Tortoriello, he was always very personable and accessible. There was never a time that I did not get a call back or an email reply to my questions or concerns during treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient to pick him as your fertility doctor. He takes his time with you and explains everything to you. You will not be disappointed.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
In 2016, I had an egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 13 eggs retrieved, 10 matured and fertilized and 7 embryos were frozen. I did not do any PGS testing during this first egg retrieval. In the same year, I did two frozen transfers. I transferred 2 embryos the first time and 1 embryo the second time and got negative results on both occasions. I then decided to unfreeze and biopsy (PGS testing) the 4 remaining embryos and they all came back abnormal (chromosomes). I then decided to discard those abnormal embryos and not transfer them. In 2017, I had another egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer. In my case, my egg donor was my sister. It resulted in us having 2 normal PGS tested embryos. I transferred one of those embryos and got a positive pregnancy and a live birth. He is currently 7 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra Suddal)
My primary nurse was Bushra Suddal, but I also was helped by other nurses at Sher. Bushra and all of the staff were absolutely amazing. They were always responsive and answered all of my concerns immediately. I have reached out to Bushra during after hours as well as on weekends and she always replied (email or telephone) to any questions I had whether it was a medication question or just a general question I had at the time. The staff (no matter who I reached out to) was always quick to reply and handle any concern I had. Making my appointments was always easy and I never had an issue getting a date and time that worked with my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My care under Dr. Tortoriello was primarily covered under my husband's insurance plan. My insurance covered 2 egg retrievals (my own egg retrievals), 2 transfers and medication associated with both egg retrievals and both transfers using my own eggs/embryos. However, my egg donor process was paid out-of-pocket. My out-of-pocket cost for my egg donor process plus transferring the embryo was approximately $22K (including egg retrieval of egg donor, medication for her, anesthesia for her, my transfer and my medication).
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T [Tortoriello] always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. ... Dr T recommendation was always to go with eSET, but i went with multiple transfer but he explained the risk involved beforehand. ... Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure.
Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments [Sher Fertility of New York] are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. ... Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. ... [nurses] Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Dr T always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. When i came to this doctor it was my 3rd IVF which no positive hopes. But with this treatment i got my first positive test ever resulting in beautiful adorable daughter that i have now. without him it would never be possible for me to experience motherhood. Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure. Dr T will do wonders in your life :)
Stay focused Dr T will take care and don't lose hope
Dr T was so open minded and always cared and listened to me.
Estrogen Priming protocol for Egg retrieval Depot Lupron shot before embryo transfer which was main reason for my success
They were so kind and compassionate. Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They have the best doctors in this clinic. Amazing staffs and there is 100% hope for patients going to this clinic to get successful . Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. Better results when compared to other clinic. Treatment methodology is very different from other clinic which gives better result
Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. If you plan accordingly it will be as quick as grabbing a coffee from starbucks
approximately around $15,000
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr.T[ortoriello] always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked...I have diagnosed with Asherman syndrome after I lost my identical twin girls. Many Dr had told me that I probably have to do gestation as my uterus was not able to develop any lining. However, Dr.T said to me that I should not give up, and he was right. I was able to get pregnant with the first cycle. After I delivered a healthy baby girl, I started another IVF cycle to have a second baby. I had two IVF cycles to retrieve enough eggs, and I transferred two eggs at a time twice. With the second time, I was able to get pregnant again. Now, I have two beautiful girls with me. I can only thank him. He was very kind and had a passion for helping women like me. Do not give up to have a baby until you see him!!
I am not sure what are their [Sher Fertility of New York's] weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T[ortoriello] was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too...The nurses there were excellent. They were very organized and kind. I loved them...only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Just trust him, and ask him if you have any questions. He will give you answers.
Dr.T always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their lab was high level, so you can trust their techniques to develop your eggs there. I am not sure what are their weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too.
Dr. T only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello. My husband and I will be forever grateful. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process.... You can tell they [Sher Fertility NY] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
You can tell they [Sher Fertility of New York] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care.... I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff....His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful.... Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff. After having a bad experience at a different clinic-we were referred to Dr Tortoriello by a close family member. All I have to say is My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Tortoriello. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process. His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful. You can tell they work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia chao)
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. ... I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease. ... Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands. ... Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve).
Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. ... It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it. ... They [nurses] were on top of everything. ... Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention.
I was at RMA previously, and I chose to leave because they didn’t create a custom plan and I felt like a number. Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve). Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands.
Dr. T is very patient and thoughtful. Ask questions, because he has great info to offer.
I interviewed several doctors before selecting Dr. Tortoriello. Of all the doctors I spoke to, he was the most patient, thoughtful and comforting. I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease.
I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. After that, we did menapur and gonal to stimulate the follicals. I was closely monitored throughout to ensure they were growing routinely. When we had 4-5 (I did get 20+ like some women) we did a retrieval. I did 2 rounds to get as many eggs as possible, and ended up with 4, 5 day blastos.
They were on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention. It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it.
I had insurance that supported
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Tortoiello] is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true.... He took the time out to answer all my questions even by email. He has great bedside manners and easy to talk to about anything.
They [Sher Fertility of NY] are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments... He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options.
He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true. I owe him a lot for helping me and my husband have the family we always dreamed of!
You are going to love this dr. He is amazing doctor and person always answering your questions and being honest. He also has great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

When I came to Dr. Tortoriello, I had one embryo from my previous doctor. We tried to implant, but it failed. We were not surprised since Dr. Tortoriello advised that the medications prescribed by my previous doctor actually lowered my egg quality and count. Thereafter, we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in April 2019.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures...we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl...The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us.
He always answered all my questions completely and with compassion. He answered all e-mails in detail and promptly. He was always on time for his appointments and took time with me to make sure I understood everything going on. He gave me honest opinions while being optimist as possible. During my initial consult, he reviewed my file in advance of the meeting and was able to discuss potential future options.
Ask questions if you do not understand or want to know more
He remembered details about my fertility during our appointments and did not need to continue to refer to my chart. He spoke to me kindly and with compassion. He always made sure all of my questions were answered.
Lindsay was an excellent nurse! I absolutely loved her positive attitude. She answered all of e-mails promptly and in detail. Unfortunately, she left the practice once I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us. The clinic's weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures. This was extremely time consuming but I did not mind doing it since I wanted to save myself money.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000. Retrieval was approximately $12,000 and transfer was approximately $4,000. All other appointments were specialist co-pays of $30.