Ebbie Stewart

FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
Rochester
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ebbie Stewart to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%0

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mayo Clinic to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Honestly I didn’t feel like Ebbie [Dr. Stewart] took me seriously. I am only 24 years old, but I am married and having a baby is my choice. She wants to go straight to IVF and she didn’t do a great job explaining it. I wish she would let me try ovulation drugs first, but my husbands semen analysis came back low. Now he is currently taking clomid and Ebbie still will only give us the option of IVF. Which we can’t afford. Also, last time I was in her office I was crying they told me to exit the back door because they didn’t want other patients seeing me.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Ebbie Stewart at Mayo Clinic?
Honestly I didn’t feel like Ebbie took me seriously. I am only 24 years old, but I am married and having a baby is my choice. She wants to go straight to IVF and she didn’t do a great job explaining it. I wish she would let me try ovulation drugs first, but my husbands semen analysis came back low. Now he is currently taking clomid and Ebbie still will only give us the option of IVF. Which we can’t afford. Also, last time I was in her office I was crying they told me to exit the back door because they didn’t want other patients seeing me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ebbie Stewart at Mayo Clinic?
Ask her for other options and do a better job explaining things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ebbie Stewart at Mayo Clinic?
She wasn’t willing to try any noninvasive procedures. She wants us to go straight to IVF. Which is really expensive. I hope to get help to get pregnant or be able to afford IVF.
Describe the protocols Ebbie Stewart used in your cycles at Mayo Clinic and their degree of success.
Right now I am only taking Metformin. Once we figure out money she wants us to do IVF. She refuses to give me just Letrozole to try first. So far she hasn’t helped me at all.
Every time I check in some nurses look at me weird because I look so young. I don’t feel like they treat me with respect. I’m married and am an adult they shouldn’t judge me.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
It’s Mayo Clinic, which is the best of the best. If I had more money to get more treatments I’m sure they could help me have a baby. I just wish they would try more things with me. I would like to try less invasive procedures. I also wish they were more understanding about the financial burden fertility treatments put on us. We are so stressed out but we just want help.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ebbie Stewart at Mayo Clinic.
My last 3 appointments which was one ultrasound, blood work, and just talking to them has added up to over $2,000 I have to pay out of pocket. She gave me a pamphlet for IVF which states it will cost us $10,000 for IVF not including any testing or medications. My husbands last 3 appointments have also added up to $800 for his semen analysis and talking to a urologist.
Ebbie Stewart
Mayo Clinic
Rochester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ebbie Stewart at Mayo Clinic.