Available by cell phone
FellowshipUSC
38A OLD SPARROWBUSH ROAD
LATHAM, NY 12110
518.690.0700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Ditkoff to a friend?

4.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
[Dr. Ditkoff is a] Very knowledgeable provider, grounded in research, can be abrasive with his wishes and forceful about his plan to acheive the outcome he considers best...Evidently this physician has a strong preference for eSET, only this was not strongly expressed to me before the day of my tranfer. I specifically asked my nurse during prepatory visits if this Dr. was aware of my desire to transfer my three embryos and if he approved. I was told as long as I am aware of the risks and ok with them he is ok with with transferring 3. But this was disagreed upon tranfer day.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Like I said, very knowledgeable and talented surgeon with a typical surgeon complex. I was told before hand he did not have the best bedside manner and was willing to take that on for his expertise. During my phone consultation he was very thorough and explained everything very well which I appreciated. We came up with a plan based off my previous cycles that adjusted stims and treated possible undiagnosed immunological issues without testing. I've been told it's cheaper and easier to just treat rather than test for these things. My negative experience came on the day of transfer when he decided to change the previously discussed plan while I was already in the surgery suite and my husband in the waiting room. He felt that it would be best to only transfer one of the three best looking embryos rather then all three even though my age and statistics and previous failed cycles permitted this number and we had already discussed this. He was very aggressive during an already emotional and vulnerable moment (naked lying on table without my spouse to discuss). I expressed needing an opportunity and a moment to talk to my husband and was told that he cant guarantee he will perform my transfer then as he cant grantee he wont be busy 5 minutes from now. This is why I felt more like a number. And I will mention they brought me back more then an hour late which means they were willing to give another patient the time they deserved possibly but not me. I felt like I was being rushed to just go along with what he decided and theres nothing else to question. However, being a well informed medical professional myself i felt disrespected that he would not want me to take a moment, be informed, and make a decision with him that I was comfortable with. In the end I decided to stick to my plan but honored him for his concern and interest in my best outcome and he appreciated my respect and we moved forward. I did conceive this round which was the very first time ever after 5 transfers! Unfortunately it ended in a 5wk miscarriage. I feel that I might not have even experienced that if I did not transfer all 3 since nobody really knows which will go the distance in the future. Just a reminder no matter how well meant...they are not God, but well intended Dr's and its important to be compassionate with the human being in front of you....even if it means explaining and understanding their goals, or even a fight, or even 5 minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is an excellent physician and obviously passionate about his responsibility and the outcomes he is responsible for; a really great thing! He can come off strong at the worst moment so just take a deep breath and know it's likely coming from a good place. Stay focused and dont get defensive or angry and it will likely work out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Great Nurses!!! What I didnt like is that you will be scheduled with a random nurse everytime unless you request a specific nurse. They will try to coordinate if you request to see the same nurse which I think is very important. My first cycle things were easily overlooked when seeing a different nurse every time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic. The care they provide is good. Some things I am questioning and asking around is standardized treatment rather than individualized plans. Since I have not been successful with 3 ivf cycles and 5 transfers I am considering other options.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
The waiting room is a bit small but very beautiful; I actually enjoyed waiting in the relaxing low lit well decorated space. Often times you could get a free message while you waited. The nurses work as swiftly as they can without shortchanging patients. I was very happy with my monitoring appointments. They provide very early hours so you can squeeze in before work if needed but these appointments can fill quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
Ivf $3900 + monitoring fee $925 Transfer $250 + monitoring $500 No medications included
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Ditkoff was very direct and did not have good bedside manor. We went in with the idea of fresh transfer for ivf and right before egg retrieval he said 'you are doing a frozen right?' He acted like I was crazy for wanting fresh and so I changed my mind just because of his reaction and I trusted him as our Dr. It failed so frozen didn't work for us anyway.... It was all through the portal or by phone calls that I made to the clinic. I never spoke to Dr. Ditkoff before the actual procedure.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and trust your instincts no matter what he says or how he will make you feel.
There are so many patients at cny because ivf is cheaper at this clinic. There are several doctors at each clinic and you don't get to pick your doctor. You are definitely a number here at this clinic but you do get what you pay for. You are your best advocate at this clinic.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse was kind and friendly. She seemed a little young and mature. She answered all my questions but wasn't super clear on some of the answers. I also was not told to have a full bladder for transfer so I couldn't see the actual transfer of my one embryo. That made me upset because I wanted everything to go perfectly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I went to the Albany location. It was easy to get around the town and several hotels have a cny discount and free shuttle. The clinic is very nice, calming and clean. Front office people were just okay. They weren't super supportive or helpful (especially for an out of town patient).
They have a sheet with all costs. One cycle of ivf is 3,900 and there are other add ons.
LATHAM

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.

Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation...straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Good communicator, honest, blunt in a good way, respectful. Cons: rushed for time, used layman's terms even though I asked him [Dr. Ditkoff] not too due to my medical background. I think it is out of habit, or because it allows him to make sure everyone understands, but I found it annoying personally. All around great Dr! ... He seemed to really want me to understand the process, what to expect, and my potential outcomes based on my history and my issues. Made me feel like a human.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Good communicator, honest, blunt in a good way, respectful. Cons: rushed for time, used layman's terms even though I asked him not too due to my medical background. I think it is out of habit, or because it allows him to make sure everyone understands, but I found it annoying personally. All around great Dr!
Make sure you know your history including dates because he will ask very detailed questions!
He seemed to really want me to understand the process, what to expect, and my potential outcomes based on my history and my issues. Made me feel like a human. I could tell that he was feeling rushed and that he was asking certain questions just because I was a patient. Pretty good considering the huge number of patients this clinic has.
Used menopur and follistim along with zpack and prednisone. Not sure why this is the protocol, I think Dr Kiltz comes up with protocol and the other Drs oversee the patient. So far so good!
Some seem annoyed or in a bad mood when you call. They have problems with telling one thing and writing another for medication protocols. I had to call twice to verify I was doing it right. They don't call back or message back. Definitely need to take your health into your own hands. Some are very nice and awesome at their job! Shout out to Deanna!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are price and them trying to be available. They also really try to stay up to date with the latest research and protocols. Kuddos to them taking all patients too. They do need to work on organization and managing the patient load. The pharmacy team is not great. It took a month of me calling them 4 times and the pharmacy I was using to call them 6 times before they prior authed my meds. Communication is sometimes poor.
$3900 ivf, 250 fet 800 embryo biopsy for pgs, 2000$ medications
My Dr made sure I understand the risks of multiples and strongly suggested I transfer 1. I agree as i am still younger.
LATHAM

He [Dr. Ditkoff] is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body....We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger.... When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body.
Research before you go for the first time, become familar with fertility terms and abbreviations, ask questions, and don't have concrete expectations (that one is for fertility patients in general).
He took time to answer my questions, even though many of my questions do not have concrete answers.
We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger. None resulted in pregnancy, despite having multie follicles each cycle. He was confident at consultation that this work by number three. When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF. I cannot afford IVF right now, so one of the nurses reccomended adding prednisone and ldn this IUI cycle.
Overall, the nursing staff are amazing. They are always friendly and willing to answer questions. Some of the nurses who draw blood and perform IUIs have better technique than others. For example, some warm the speculum and others don't. Most are willing to look through your record to ensure correct trigger date, medications, and recommend changes. O e the nurses reviewed my record at my fourth IUI and added the autoimmune medications.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions. They have a wellness center, which I've heard great things about, but have not used myself. The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet.
Costs are reasonable for the industry. My insurance requires a $40 copay for visits, about $50/cycle for labs, about $100/cycle for non-injectables. The financial team tells me that IVF will cost between $8 and 10k. My insurance does not cover IVF at all.
LATHAM

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Some people may say he [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Some people may say he can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
Be ready to be educated, and be ready to hear the truth about your particular situation.
The doctors at CNY have one goal - to give you a child. Unfortunately my journey is still ongoing, but I do feel as though they care about me and feel bad I have not been successful yet.
My husband and I suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. We get pregnant so easily but we have yet to be successful. My CNY cycles have been monitored, letrozole, triggered, timed intercourse. But they have still resulted in losses. I think our next step is IVF with PGS to try and weed out potential bad eggs/sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
I love my nurse, Marianne Marx. She is an excellent, knowledgable nurse and I always request her for my appointments and ultrasounds. All nurses at CNY are wonderful, however, Marianne is my go to.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is an amazing clinic, aimed at providing quality care at an affordable price for those who do not have/don't have great insurance coverage. I do feel that they need more experience when it comes to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and reproductive immunology.
Fortunately, my care thus far has been covered under my health insurance. However, if I move to IVF, I have no coverage and will have to pay out of pocket.
I have yet to do IVF
LATHAM

He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.... I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash
LATHAM
Felt like a number because I felt like he [Dr. Ditkoff] was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me...I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue, even though I came in to see him with evidence of elevated prolactin. I ended up leaving the appointment with my spouse (who is a physician and also felt terrible after the visit), who encouraged me to get my prolactin levels evaluated by a "real" endocrinologist. Instead of Dr Ditkoff simply prescribing me cabergoline (which was done by my former RE at Columbia), he dismissed actual evidence of an elevated prolactin levels and wasted my time and money. I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him, he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it. Currently, I am under the care of an endocrinologist to treat my elevated prolactin levels (which were higher than I thought they would be) and went to Dr Grossman at the same clinic for a second opinion. I wouldn't recommend Dr Ditkoff to anyone.
If you don't feel like he's truly listening and you think you're being dismissed, you probably are.
Felt like a number because I felt like he was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me.
We saw him for our initial visit only. We mutually agreed to pursue IVF as we did not want to risk twins with IUI or clomid alone. No discussion of protocol was had during our initial visit.
Nurses were very nice. Though I was a little frustrated at a baseline blood draw of FSH 14 and not being told of this level. It is higher than one would want.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ease of making appointments, costs are very good.
I only saw him for initial visit which was covered for free as we were out of pocket. Bloodwork was $25 per lab value. Saline sonogram was approx $270.
He did not have preference but seemed to respect is wanting to only transfer 1 embryo as we do not want twins.

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.... He was very kind through my transfer, took his time even snapped a picture which I appreciated!... [Eset Approach] They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!... Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price!... 300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY provides an affordable option for those who otherwise couldn't afford it.They are good at what they do and have a high volume of patients. Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.
Be open, ready to pay attention to your charts, bloodwork, and you will be fine. Having gone through IVF at another clinic already I knew more than a first patient would. Probably would be overwhelmed if I had to do it first time through CNY so ask questions and use the portal to your advantage.
300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal, 1 low level mosaic, 1 abnormal. 2 transfers of normal embryos resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Trish)
Always quick to respond on the portal Trish and Greta are awesome!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price! They also offer numerous add ons at affordable prices. Nurses are also a pro never they are good at what they do! Weakness is fax machine! Lots of time they didn't receive my faxes on bloodwork. I always got my results to them on time though.
3,900 IVF 150 out of town monitoring 2,000 PGS testing 5 embryos 750 Biopsy CNY of 5 embryos 250 per transfer ×2 50 HCG wash 100 embryo glue
They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!
LATHAM

In both person and follow up over the phone he [Dr. Ditkoff] takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process... He was very personable. He took the time to speak to me and not st me and he didn’t make me feel like I was just another number. He genuinely cares about his patients and what they are going through. When I expressed concern during my treatments, he made sure that they were addressed and if something needed to be changed or there was something he could do to make treatment easier he helped.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure that if you have questions to have them ready to ask him. If you don’t ask a question they will assume you are ok. Express all concerns because he is very good at explaining everything.
In both person and follow up over the phone he takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process
They are very caring and just like the doctors If you have any concerns or questions about a protocol they will take the time to answer those questions or seek out the answer for you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They need more staff. While the staff is amazing in helping with everything, it sometimes takes a little bit to get an answer due to what seems like short staff issues. They will however always answer you even if it takes longer than expected. They genuinely care about your treatment and try their hardest to get things done in a timely manner.
Very well done, they schedule your appointment time and you are always taken back within 5 min of your appointment time
The IVF cost $3,900, and the monitoring cost $800 on top of that.
They ultimately give you the option of how many embryos you want to transfer but they suggest one.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Ditkoff] explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.... He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind.... I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH.... So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.
He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind. His humor is there just a little dry that’s all.
Everyone at CNY including the Dr were so caring and accommodating on our transfers.
I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH. I previously had a poor response with only 1 egg of my own that didn’t make it to day 5. That was with my second dr in Dallas. So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
Wonderful in every way! I felt like I was at a spa for my transfer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I honestly don’t have any negatives. The donor options are limited but the cost was what drew us there. And after traveling over 1000 miles for our consult we knew we had picked a great place! We’ve traveled to NY from Texas 3 times now. Besides being financially draining we enjoy being there!
We used donor eggs and paid a flat rate of $9000, which included our first transfer. The second transfer was $1500 & we paid $70 for a acupuncture. Also the intralipids and hcg was were about $200 each time.
LATHAM

Rarely heard directly from the doctor [Dr. Ditkoff], mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry ... I felt frustrated that he didn't try to figure out our issues and was content with a diagnosis of "unexplained" and multiple failed cycles with out suggestions. I had to be my own advocate and suggest testing and change in protocol each time. ...
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice guy and is good for procedures but I feel like he lacks in trying to diagnosis the problem and teeing new things to make for a successful cycle. You really have to do your own research and advocate for your care
Rarely heard directly from the doctor, mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry
Since my husband and I have no known fertility issues we started off with basic protocol for our fet. When that didn't work we did a full immune protocol with intralipids. Still no success
Nurses are busy and sometimes robotic and lack personal attention to your specific case. However responsive if you need something
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The Facility is very nice and relaxing. Very Comfortable atmosphere. The Wait time is usually minimal. Front desk staff could be more friendly. They allow kids in the office which I think is a little insensitive.
$3900 for retrieval and transfer, $850 monitoring, meds are additional as well as add one such as glue, wash, lipids
I started transferring the best quality egg one at a time. When that didn't work i transfer two at a time. The doctor let me choose what I wanted.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Ditkoff] seems very competent, but very matter of fact. Black and white in terms of bedside manner, do not expect to be coddled. But he does thoroughly explain everything you need to know. If you need someone to explain things slowly however, he would not be the right doctor for you. He is fairly conservative in his treatment plans, which can make some feel like they’d need to push for additional aggressive treatment. ...
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seems very competent, but very matter of fact. Black and white in terms of bedside manner, do not expect to be coddled. But he does thoroughly explain everything you need to know. If you need someone to explain things slowly however, he would not be the right doctor for you. He is fairly conservative in his treatment plans, which can make some feel like they’d need to push for additional aggressive treatment.
Have your questions ready beforehand
He’s very straight and to the point
My first cycle I was on 300/daily of gonal F, I responded poorly and only produced 8 eggs and 3 embryos. Second cycle he added 150 menopur and HGH, and I produced 13 eggs and 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaclyn Mastroianni)
She was the best nurse I have ever had. So compassionate, great bedside manner and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are so efficient, and the clinic is beautiful. Feels like a spa. They are very accommodating, and will satisfy almost any request you have. They are extremely responsive, and never make you feel like you are left hanging. All the nurses are very compassionate, even those you only talk to over the phone. At times their fax can be spotty, which gets frustrating when you are waiting on them to receive monitoring results.
$3,900 for retrieval, unlimited transfers for a year, anesthesia, ICSY, assisted hatching
I transferred 3 day 3 embryos the first time due to poor quality and the fact that I only had 3, and the second time I transferred only 1 due to having a decent amount at day 5

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times...He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age...He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was knowledgable, but seemed busy at times. He carefully explained the process I would go through and why he chose the certain medications based on my age and hormone levels. He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
He spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times. Write down questions to ask him in advance and write down his answers. It's a lot of information that you'll want to look back on.
Dr. Ditkoff was our first introduction to infertility. He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Rebecca went above and beyond to explain every mediation to me, show me how to use it, give me her cell number if I had additional questions and help me to schedule convenient appointments around my teaching schedule
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
~$3,000 for medications
did not get to that stage

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Ditkoff] explained what the reasons were for our fertility issues and provided clear courses of options, taking into consideration our personal views and beliefs. He didn’t push diets or special vitamins as other specialists did...The medications were adjusted every other cycle based on how I responded or didn’t. After an early miscarriage (less than 10weeks) he changed the entire protocol and we began injectible medications with progesterone to assist with maintaining the pregnancy.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained what the reasons were for our fertility issues and provided clear courses of options, taking into consideration our personal views and beliefs. He didn’t push diets or special vitamins as other specialists did.
Ask questions. If you don’t ask, they won’t know you have a question about the treatment, diagnosis or any other questions you may have
He listened to our concerns about the medications, protocols and investment of time, energy and money into the processes
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
She explained all of the medications, how to use them and the procedures. Including why we were doing them. When I was uncomfortable with a replacement nurse, she removed her from the rotation of nurses I saw.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointments were easy to make, early ones were a little more difficult, but they always worked with me. The call backs for test results were immediate and clear. If I had any questions, upsets or other, the nurse calling had compassion and understanding. Overall, they were truly compassionate about everything
We spent around $25,000 all together on medications and procedures, including all consultations and appointments. This was over the course of 3 years using IUI with injectibles.

2013 - 2015
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My cycles with him [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.... He explained what he knew well and made sure I was comfortable before procedures. He was not warm and patient when I had miscarriages. He did not offer any further steps as far as embry testing or any further blood testing.
2013 - 2015
European, Black or African-American, Other
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say to ask a lot of questions.
He spoke with me in person and was familiar with my medical history
My cycles with him were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.
I had a different nurse most of the time for each visit. Most of them were warm kind and compassionate and answered my questions to the best of the abilities. They are also great at returning calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
The three IUI cycles I don’t remember the cost. I know my insurance covered most of the cost of the Chlomid. For the ivf, we purchased two cycles around $6000, plus the cost of medications and needles, which was around $4000.
He preferred to transfer no more than two at once.
LATHAM

Dr. Ditkoff is very blunt and has minimal bedside manner. He's not mean or rude, just to the point and no chit chat...Dr. Ditkoff is straight to the point, no chit chat, all facts and gameplan. He's quick and likes to get the job done efficiently. It seems that he has a lot going on in his head re: patient plans that he doesn't share and I wish he did like his reasoning for specific protocols.... Be prepared for no nonsense and straight face. A little akward at times as well.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
The nurses at CNY are busy and sometimes a little rude over the phone. They do seem overworked and a little scatterbrained. I wish we were able to deal with one or two nurses every time versus somebody new with every communication. Little things have slipped through the cracks because of this.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is much more affordable than most fertility clinics in the states. That's the big strength. The downside is that it takes a LONG time to get a consult with them and their nursing staff can be overwhelmed . The doctors do seem to take a one size fits all approach to protocol unless you advocate aggressively for your case.
$4500 for IVF (monitoring for retrieval and retrieval).
LATHAM

so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number [with Dr. Edward Ditkoff]...If you’re looking for warm and fuzzy, this isn’t the doctor for you. He’s super knowledgeable and a good doctor but he’ll tell you straight up facts, no sugar coating, no cheering squad. He is a man of few words that gets procedures done efficiently and effectively. You either love him for his candid approach or hate him for lack of bedside manner.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to get the facts; if you can’t handle the facts get a different doctor.
He is very favtual and to the point, so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number.
The nursing staff is phenomenal! The silver lining here is that at CNY, you don’t deal with the doctors every day so you interact mostly with the wonderful nurses.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is an amazing clinic with fantastic nurses and doctors. They’re super busy though, so you have to be your own best advocate. If something seems off don’t be afraid to speak up. They do their best to make sure everyone feels like they’re the only patient, but with the amount of people that use CNY and many bring travel patients, there will be issues, so you need to roll with the punches.
I’m a travel patient so I monitored elsewhere.
IVF was $3900 which included FETs for a year, embryo storage for a year, ICSI and egg retrieval
LATHAM

[Dr. Edward Ditkoff is] pleasant friendly and have good knowledge of the industry. you can turn to him for advise. the whole clinic in albany seems to put his advise first. he remembers previous conversations with you even if a year has gone by... 1st retrieval, he recommended fet. my 2nd retrieval didn’t go well. all 3 embryos arrested before the blast. dr. ditkoff now has me on a priming protocol to try to help me have eggs with more quality next cycle.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
make sure you are prepared with questions as all doctors are busy.
he took his time to speak with me regarding my condition
the whole medical team is very educatued in their field. they are nice and very pleasant. they are available 24hrs a day should you have any questions. i’m an out patient. they are always on time when i need to hear about my results or medical treatments from them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean place. it feels like a spa which is a good idea because it takes away the stress and really helps you relax. i felt very call during all my retievals and transfers. they are also very on time with their schedule. you won’t be waiting long there.
costs are fair. within market.
they don’t tell me what to do, it’s ultimately my decisions. but they will tell me the risk of having twins if we transfer 2 embryos.
LATHAM

Dr. Ditkoff was very friendly the one time I met him. Because of their busy schedule I frequently see and refer questions to the nursing staff. We are currently in our second IUI cycle. Speaking with Dr Ditkoff helped us make the decision to continue IUI after our failed first cycle. Dr. Ditkoff spoke with me over the phone and reviewed our test results and his best suggestion moving forward.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was very approachable and easy to talk to. He offered us very clear advice using our medical history. I do with we could see and meet with the doctor more regularly but understand he has a very busy add demanding schedule.
Be patient. Ask questions, even if you're embarrassed. Be very honest and candid.
My husband and I completed one IUI cycle using lotrozole. After a failed result, we consulted with the doctor to determine our next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
The nursing team is kind and caring. They are approachable and comforting.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is well organized and clean. The desk staff are friendly and welcoming. There are numerous services offered, both medical and holistic. The clinic is able to accommodate both male and female infertility problems.
We had to pay approximately $1,000 out of pocket for an IUI cycle.
SYRACUSE

Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] took into consideration my health conditions and spoke to me like a person and that my thoughts and ideas on treatment mattered...Have only met him on our first consultation but he was fantastic. He helped me and my husband understand the positive and negative for each type of treatment and the risks involved so we were able to make an informed decision...
European, Native American, Other
Immunological, Unexplained
Ask many questions.
He took into consideration my health conditions and spoke to me like a person and that my thoughts and ideas on treatment mattered
The nursing staff at this location are fantastic. They help you through each stage of treatment, help you tweak medicines and wotk with you if the medicines don't work. They help you tailor the plan to you or specific health needs. Everyone is friendly and kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Wonderful clinic. The front desk staff are polite and friendly, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The clinic is very easy to get to with tons of parking. Sometimes the office can be chilly even in the summer you might need a sweater
We are lucky and after the first two IUI cycles, we hit our insurance deductible so costs have been low. Even out of pocket, the costs are very affordable and the office will work with you on paying.
LATHAM

While he [Dr. Ditkoff] was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.... Estrogen Priming Protocol: omnitrope, estrace IVF: Gonal F, Centrotide, omnitrope
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
While he was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.
Be prepared with lots of questions because he is knowledgeable, but then also be prepared to have to contact him because he won't contact you.
He spent a lot of time explaining our options
About $3,000 for medicine
Did not get there

2014 - 2017
Dr.Ditkoff is a very warm and friendly doctor. The first time I met him I felt very comfortable with him during our first consultation. He is very thorough with all his tests and blood work. He repeated test that my OB had done and discovered things that she thought were minor to be slightly major. He is open and receptive to ideas and plans of action...Was on 5mg of Clomid for 2 cycles with Dr.Ditkoff (had 2 cycles with my OB). 5mg of Letrozole for 4 IUI's. 100mg of Endometrine once a day. Last IUI cycle Crinone 8% gel twice a day. Novarel shot 10,000 units. All 5 IUI cycles.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to speak to him about all your fears, thoughts and any questions or concerns you may have.
Every member of the nursing staff that I have come in contact with have always been extremely friendly, informative and compassionate. I have never had a single bad experience there and they always insure that you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The entire time I have gone there I have never had a bad experience. They offer so many other extras on top of fertility treatment including Massages, acupuncture and yoga to name a few.
$325 per IUI, $150 for each round of IUI meds, not sure about all the ultra sounds and blood work.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I only had phone consult and protocol given by dr Ditkoff. I never spoke to him again during treatment. The nurses called to give me updates and i was under the impression that everything was smooth. I was given a standard protocol for my age, i assume.... I was on 350 gonal f and 150 menopur for 8 days. I ended up with 7 eggs but only 2 were mature enough for fertilization and both made it to day 3 embryos.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He is very blunt
I felt like a human because ny questions were answered. The nurses gave good information
The nursing staff was great. I was alone for my transfer and they made me feel welcome. They explained everything well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinics strengths are compassionate, they answered questions swiftly and made me feel welcome. The weaknesses are that they dont really discuss all the options you can use such as acupuncture and massage
3900 for ivf procedure. Additional fee for outside monitoring and financing.
None. I haven't transferred yet because I ended up losing my insurance and job right in the middle of cycle. I still had insurance to complete it thank goodness.

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Ditkoff] took time to meet with me and explain things... He was friendly compassionate and helpful. I always felt like he described procedures right away and our treatment plans or options well. He offered answers to my questions and even offered to find my left ovary if the nurses couldn’t... He offered IUI or ivf. Our insurance doesn’t cover either. So I chose the cheaper one of course and less treatments. But in the end I should have done ivf because of my endometriosis
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to ask for him if needed
He took time to meet with me and explain things
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My nurse Mary was amazing we always coordinated a plan of care and she was always willing to answer my questions
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic with Mary self care options like acupuncture and massage. Always willing to answer questions and always a phone call away. I would recommend this place to anyone. Most staff was friendly and happy
My insurance doesn’t cover infertility but they have great payment plans and very accommodating. Good prices too
LATHAM

He [Dr. Ditkoff] looked at my age and past fertility results, this led him to direct my current care...He was personable and used humor in the akward moments...He was always pleasant and helpful. I wish he was a little more forward with telling me sooner to put 2 embryos in for IVF, but that’s next. I felt like he gave ya hope so that was nice to have. He took the time to ask us about our professional life and stressors we might have.
Keep asking questions
He was personable and used humor in the akward moments
He looked at my age and past fertility results, this led him to direct my current care
Friendly and helpful, made me feel super comfortable
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I like the clinic friendly cozy atmosphere and staff are great. I love the onsite spa and the reception area is cozy and inviting. I like the free waiting room massages, that’s a nice benefit while you wait.
Less than we thought until we got to the out of pocket. Fertility should be 100% covered by insurance
If one doesn’t work suggest 2 and let patient decide from there

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Ditkoff] is honest and knowledgeable and makes sure you gave a full understanding of everything before every procedure. He has a sense of humor and makes the process easier. We wouldn’t want anyone else to guide us through this journey.... He’s honest and up front and shows interest in his patients. He’s thorough with explaining all procedures.... They [CNY- Albany] are friendly and they are able to get you in and out quickly during your appointment so that you can carry on with your “regular” life.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is honest and knowledgeable and makes sure you gave a full understanding of everything before every procedure. He has a sense of humor and makes the process easier. We wouldn’t want anyone else to guide us through this journey.
Absorb everything he says.
They are friendly and always remember you when you come in. They are knowledgeable and do everything they can to make you comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are easy to reach by phone. There’s always someone to answer questions. They can fit you in for appointments quickly and they are prompt with test results and follow up. They are friendly and they are able to get you in and out quickly during your appointment so that you can carry on with your “regular” life.

IUI, 2 IVF
Dr Ditkoff always has answered my many questions and always has a course of action for the next attempt(s). He's very patient and helps you understand the process. He has a great bedside manner but isn't afraid to get down to business.... I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be honest. Ask questions.
Dr Ditkoff always made sure I fully understood everything. I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
I've had a few amazing nurses there that are my favorite. I'm a travel patient now so, I only get to see Stacy and Kimmie for the procedures and they are amazing.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ask questions, look over your meds and instructions to make sure everything is there. Order all prescriptions in advance (set reminders on your phone to order) Progesterone in oil is needed up to 6 days before transfer (depending on how many days your embryos are)
Very affordable
LATHAM

I have PCOS. He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] recommended a full check of mine and my husband. That included a dye test for me, bloodwork for both and a sperm check for my husband. We then decided on an IUI...He was kind, compassionate and very empathetic. He fully listened to our concerns and what we wanted in terms of treatment. He clearly explained our options and what we could expect. He followed through on the plan and we ended up with our sweet baby!
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions. He will take the time to answer them all!
I have PCOS. He recommended a full check of mine and my husband. That included a dye test for me, bloodwork for both and a sperm check for my husband. We then decided on an IUI
They were beyond kind and supportive at every visit. They answered all of my questions and treated me with respect and love.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Organized staff, beautiful building and atmosphere. Quick appointments as needed. Excellent follow up. Even supported our emotional health. They offer yoga for free! Massage and acupuncture are available. Truly no weaknesses!
Insurance covered almost all of our treatment.
LATHAM
He [Dr. Ditkoff] is Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. He Adjusted the treatment plan as needed. He also Ultimately leaves decisions up to the patient. We Left our consult feeling very optimistic about our treatment plan. We felt like we were in very good hands. ... Have all your questions written down so you don’t forget them ... Caring and personable ... If you forget anything they [CNY Fertility Center] have a patient portal which you can use to send them messages.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. He Adjusted the treatment plan as needed. He also Ultimately leaves decisions up to the patient. We Left our consult feeling very optimistic about our treatment plan. We felt like we were in very good hands.
Have all your questions written down so you don’t forget them
Caring and personable
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is a very comfortable & welcoming clinic. It can all be very overwhelming, especially if you are traveling to get here, so I would suggesting writing down any questions or concerns you may need answered. If you forget anything they have a patient portal which you can use to send them messages. Very easy!

1 IVF, Surrogacy
He [Dr Ditkoff] was friendly, funny and kind. He explained the procedure in a way we would understand. He respected our decision on how many embryos we wanted to transfer, while also explaining the risks. We were glad he was with us on the day of transfer. ... If someone with a sense of humor about something that is serious would not work for you and your partner I would recommend another doctor. ... He used humor to make everyone feel comfortable, he seemed as excited as we were.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He was friendly, funny and kind. He explained the procedure in a way we would understand. He respected our decision on how many embryos we wanted to transfer, while also explaining the risks. We were glad he was with us on the day of transfer.
Most of the nursing staff was kind and empathetic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic feels like you are entering a spa. There is a lot you have to take responsibility for or it will not get done. The doctors and nurses are all great. One weakness was they did not help find monitoring out of town.
Dr. D explained the risk of transferring multiple embryos, but also respected our decision to transfer two.
LATHAM

Great doctor [Dr. Ditkoff] and very u seratanding. ... He is outgoing and lively ... We went to him back in July of last year and the iui did not take. Hownever, we are thinking about going back to try it again if our finances will allows us to ... He was not pushy with the medication route either oral or injection. ... You were a patient not a number ... The staff is amazing, comfortable and easy going. ... I would recommend that office all the time
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Great doctor and very u seratanding. He was not pushy with the medication route either oral or injection. We went to him back in July of last year and the iui did not take. Hownever, we are thinking about going back to try it again if our finances will allows us to
He is outgoing and lively
You were a patient not a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca NP)
Outgoing, fun, compassionate, educational
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As soon as you walked into the facility it was warm with amazing lighting. The staff is amazing, comfortable and easy going. There are nowaekness at all with new patients and everything is wonderful. I would recommend that office all the time