Available by cell phone
FellowshipUSC
38A Old Sparrowbush Road
Latham, NY 12110
518.690.0700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Ditkoff to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Ditkoff discussed possible treatments before and after diagnostic testing. He gave me as much information about my chances with different treatment options as I think he could based on my results. We ended up deciding to try three cycles of IUI before moving on to IVF...his bedside manner could be better. He was dismissive of some of my questions, once actually rolling his eyes, which I’m sure he did not notice but I sure did. Something else I didn’t like was that he was rude to staff.
The clinic and staff [at CNY Fertility Center] is wonderful. The facility is very nice and comfortable. There is a spa attached that provides alternative treatments for fertility. Although I do not use the spa, I love how the spa-like environment spills over to the clinic...The nursing staff at CNY is amazing. They are so understanding and knowledgeable. They keep all of my info, which there is a lot of, up to date and organized in the patient portal. I really appreciated how one of the nurses went through and explained all of my test results to me.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Ditkoff is a great fertility doctor. I trust his professional opinion, however his bedside manner could be better. He was dismissive of some of my questions, once actually rolling his eyes, which I’m sure he did not notice but I sure did. Something else I didn’t like was that he was rude to staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Make a list of questions and follow up questions before meeting with him. He is on the blunt side so if you need a softer touch speak to the nurses who are great and can answer most of your questions about procedures and what to expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor was a bit dismissive of some of my questions.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic and staff is wonderful. The facility is very nice and comfortable. There is a spa attached that provides alternative treatments for fertility. Although I do not use the spa, I love how the spa-like environment spills over to the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
My insurance covered all diagnostics and medications. I paid around $450 per IUI procedure, not including monitoring.
Latham

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.

In both person and follow up over the phone he [Dr. Ditkoff] takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process... He was very personable. He took the time to speak to me and not st me and he didn’t make me feel like I was just another number. He genuinely cares about his patients and what they are going through. When I expressed concern during my treatments, he made sure that they were addressed and if something needed to be changed or there was something he could do to make treatment easier he helped.
They [CNY Fertility] need more staff. While the staff is amazing in helping with everything, it sometimes takes a little bit to get an answer due to what seems like short staff issues. They will however always answer you even if it takes longer than expected. They genuinely care about your treatment and try their hardest to get things done in a timely manner.... they schedule your appointment time and you are always taken back within 5 min of your appointment time
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure that if you have questions to have them ready to ask him. If you don’t ask a question they will assume you are ok. Express all concerns because he is very good at explaining everything.
In both person and follow up over the phone he takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process
They are very caring and just like the doctors If you have any concerns or questions about a protocol they will take the time to answer those questions or seek out the answer for you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They need more staff. While the staff is amazing in helping with everything, it sometimes takes a little bit to get an answer due to what seems like short staff issues. They will however always answer you even if it takes longer than expected. They genuinely care about your treatment and try their hardest to get things done in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
Very well done, they schedule your appointment time and you are always taken back within 5 min of your appointment time
The IVF cost $3,900, and the monitoring cost $800 on top of that.
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
They ultimately give you the option of how many embryos you want to transfer but they suggest one.

IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Diktoff introduced himself right away and was very kind and understanding. He explained the process in detail and food not leave until I understood. ... I thought he was very kind. He knew about me and what I was there for. He explained Everything he was doing and also gave me the opportunity to make my own Decision of how many embyro to transfer. He made sure I was comfortable.
The place [CNY] was easy to find, warm, cozy and welcoming. They had a lot of comfy seats for everyone and the lights were down low which made it relaxing. ... They offered robed, slippers, lockers and showers. They had a little kitchen for patients to use. I have no weaknesses to talk about. ... She [nurse] came back timely each time and asked me often if i was ok. She was very Gentle when drawing blood and administering the lipids.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Trust in him
We chose to transfer one embryo after discussing the option of transferring two. I had lipids before hand along with bloodwork. I had a warm blanket and was in a very nice relaxing room. He explained to me when he was starting the procedure, what to expect and he showed me on the u/s screen where he was injecting the embyro. Afterwards he told me that he was finished and what to look for. I stayed on the table for 15 minutes and was on my way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
She was very compassionate. She was warm and welcoming. She explained Everything she was doing and the reasons why. She offered extra if needed. She came back timely each time and asked me often if i was ok. She was very Gentle when drawing blood and administering the lipids. She turned the lights down to let me relax. I would highly recommend her.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The place was easy to find, warm, cozy and welcoming. They had a lot of comfy seats for everyone and the lights were down low which made it relaxing. The music was low and soft. They had the spa upstairs which was amazing. They offered robed, slippers, lockers and showers. They had a little kitchen for patients to use. I have no weaknesses to talk about.
He was very descriptive and honest
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I saw him [Dr. Ditkoff] once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. ... He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
The only thing I felt like went wrong was that we had to call them [CNY Fertility] to get our final freeze results and I wished someone would have really educated me on why we were doing some things the way we did them. ... They definitely don't hold your hand through treatment. I would have liked for someone to sit down with me and actually explain the goals of my protocol. ...Everyone treated me with respect and honored my wishes. I just wish there were a little more transparency.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I saw him once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. Once again, they are giving greater amounts of people access to care that would otherwise be beyond their means. That in and of itself makes CNY worth it.
Ask every single question you can think of. Write things down. He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
CNY, in my opinion, is trying to do a good thing. They are trying to give clients access to treatment that wouldn't otherwise get it. They definitely don't hold your hand through treatment. I would have liked for someone to sit down with me and actually explain the goals of my protocol. However, things, so far have worked out for me. We have 4 really great looking embryos. I did extensive research and I tried to follow every instruction to perfection. If I had questions, I tried to be my own advocate and called into the nurses. Everyone treated me with respect and honored my wishes. I just wish there were a little more transparency.
I was on an antagonist protocol I believe. I was on 150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, and .25 of Cetrotide (starting day 3). I triggered with a double Lupron trigger on day 10. I produced about 10-15 follicles, but only had 5 eggs retrieved. I was pretty devastated at this, but 4 out of my 5 embryos were frozen on day 5. Those 4 embryos are graded really good. This was my first medicated cycle of any fertility treatment and I know I'm an easy responder to other medications. I believe the rationale behind my protocol was that we just didn't know much about how I would respond. I maybe have a very mild case of PCOS in my one ovary and my husband has some male factor issues. My blood tests were all pretty normal. This was kind of a basic first protocol to see how I would respond. Luckily, after getting over the fact that I only retrieved 5 eggs, things have worked pretty well. I have yet to transfer anything yet.
The nursing staff at CNY-Albany are great. They really do try to get to know you and are very compassionate. They will answer any and all questions that you have.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths - Cost is a huge one. IVF would totally be out of the question if not for them. They all try very hard to make you feel comfortable and taken care of. They have their opinions on how things should go, but they ultimately listen and honor your wishes. They try a mixture of Eastern and Western medicine to try and get things to work. Weaknesses - If you want a clinic to hold your hand through the entire process, this one isn't for you. You really have to be your own advocate and not be scared to speak up and ask questions. My only regret was that I wish I would have had easier access to a doctor. i would have liked to have some of the things about my protocol explained better. My husband and I went in with the attitude that this whole thing is a big risk and it's either going to work or it won't and we're not paying for someone to hold our hands. If you go in with the right expectations, CNY can definitely work for you.
We paid $4,500 for our entire IVF cycle. That included monitoring and everything. That was honestly our biggest draw to CNY. We paid just over $3,500 for medications.
I have yet to transfer, however, I know because of my age, they highly encourage you to only transfer one embryo. They will, however, honor your choice and transfer two. They will not, unless under very special circumstances, transfer more than that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
The only thing I felt like went wrong was that we had to call them to get our final freeze results and I wished someone would have really educated me on why we were doing some things the way we did them. I think part of the reason was is because I was a travel patient, turned in-clinic patient. I really did have a really good experience here though.
Latham

Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation...straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur [CNY Fertility Center] because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results...While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I have received conflicting information regarding my treatment from nurses.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Ditkoff] explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.... He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind.... I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH.... So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
I honestly don’t have any negatives. The donor options are limited but the cost was what drew us there [CNY - Albany]. And after traveling over 1000 miles for our consult we knew we had picked a great place!... We used donor eggs and paid a flat rate of $9000, which included our first transfer. The second transfer was $1500 & we paid $70 for a acupuncture. Also the intralipids and hcg was were about $200 each time.... I felt like I was at a spa for my transfer.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.
He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind. His humor is there just a little dry that’s all.
Everyone at CNY including the Dr were so caring and accommodating on our transfers.
I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH. I previously had a poor response with only 1 egg of my own that didn’t make it to day 5. That was with my second dr in Dallas. So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
Wonderful in every way! I felt like I was at a spa for my transfer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I honestly don’t have any negatives. The donor options are limited but the cost was what drew us there. And after traveling over 1000 miles for our consult we knew we had picked a great place! We’ve traveled to NY from Texas 3 times now. Besides being financially draining we enjoy being there!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was not asked about a Ruebella vaccination until the day of transfer, which was to late. So we were given the option to return after 30 days and the vaccine or move ahead with transfer. Since we traveled from Texas returning was not an option. We moved forward, but the transfer failed.
Latham

He [Dr. Ditkoff] is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body....We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger.... When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic [CNY Fertility Ctr- Latham] gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions....The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet....Overall, the nursing staff are amazing.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body.
Research before you go for the first time, become familar with fertility terms and abbreviations, ask questions, and don't have concrete expectations (that one is for fertility patients in general).
He took time to answer my questions, even though many of my questions do not have concrete answers.
We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger. None resulted in pregnancy, despite having multie follicles each cycle. He was confident at consultation that this work by number three. When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF. I cannot afford IVF right now, so one of the nurses reccomended adding prednisone and ldn this IUI cycle.
Overall, the nursing staff are amazing. They are always friendly and willing to answer questions. Some of the nurses who draw blood and perform IUIs have better technique than others. For example, some warm the speculum and others don't. Most are willing to look through your record to ensure correct trigger date, medications, and recommend changes. O e the nurses reviewed my record at my fourth IUI and added the autoimmune medications.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions. They have a wellness center, which I've heard great things about, but have not used myself. The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet.
Costs are reasonable for the industry. My insurance requires a $40 copay for visits, about $50/cycle for labs, about $100/cycle for non-injectables. The financial team tells me that IVF will cost between $8 and 10k. My insurance does not cover IVF at all.
Latham

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Some people may say he [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
CNY is an amazing clinic, aimed at providing quality care at an affordable price for those who do not have/don't have great insurance coverage. I do feel that they need more experience when it comes to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and reproductive immunology.... I love my nurse, Marianne Marx. She is an excellent, knowledgable nurse and I always request her for my appointments and ultrasounds. All nurses at CNY are wonderful, however, Marianne is my go to.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Some people may say he can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
Be ready to be educated, and be ready to hear the truth about your particular situation.
The doctors at CNY have one goal - to give you a child. Unfortunately my journey is still ongoing, but I do feel as though they care about me and feel bad I have not been successful yet.
My husband and I suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. We get pregnant so easily but we have yet to be successful. My CNY cycles have been monitored, letrozole, triggered, timed intercourse. But they have still resulted in losses. I think our next step is IVF with PGS to try and weed out potential bad eggs/sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Fortunately, my care thus far has been covered under my health insurance. However, if I move to IVF, I have no coverage and will have to pay out of pocket.
I have yet to do IVF
Latham

He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.... I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
[at CNY-Latham] $3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash... We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times...He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age...He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
Rebecca [nurse at CNY] went above and beyond to explain every mediation to me, show me how to use it, give me her cell number if I had additional questions and help me to schedule convenient appointments around my teaching schedule...Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was knowledgable, but seemed busy at times. He carefully explained the process I would go through and why he chose the certain medications based on my age and hormone levels. He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
He spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times. Write down questions to ask him in advance and write down his answers. It's a lot of information that you'll want to look back on.
Dr. Ditkoff was our first introduction to infertility. He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Rebecca went above and beyond to explain every mediation to me, show me how to use it, give me her cell number if I had additional questions and help me to schedule convenient appointments around my teaching schedule
~$3,000 for medications
did not get to that stage
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I was supposed to have a genetic test done before my first IVF cycle and a nurse never ordered it. They didn’t realize this until right before I was going to begin my second IVF cycle. Fortunately they ordered it and paid for it due to the mistake, and the results were totally fine.
Latham

Felt like a number because I felt like he [Dr. Ditkoff] was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me...I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue
Nurses [at CNY Fertility Center] were very nice...I had an FISH of 14 on baseline bloodwork, and this is an abnormally high level which may indicate issues with egg quality/reserve. Had to call the clinic to get this result myself....Ease of making appointments, costs are very good... I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him [Dr. Ditkoff], he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue, even though I came in to see him with evidence of elevated prolactin. I ended up leaving the appointment with my spouse (who is a physician and also felt terrible after the visit), who encouraged me to get my prolactin levels evaluated by a "real" endocrinologist. Instead of Dr Ditkoff simply prescribing me cabergoline (which was done by my former RE at Columbia), he dismissed actual evidence of an elevated prolactin levels and wasted my time and money. I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him, he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it. Currently, I am under the care of an endocrinologist to treat my elevated prolactin levels (which were higher than I thought they would be) and went to Dr Grossman at the same clinic for a second opinion. I wouldn't recommend Dr Ditkoff to anyone.
If you don't feel like he's truly listening and you think you're being dismissed, you probably are.
Felt like a number because I felt like he was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me.
We saw him for our initial visit only. We mutually agreed to pursue IVF as we did not want to risk twins with IUI or clomid alone. No discussion of protocol was had during our initial visit.
Nurses were very nice. Though I was a little frustrated at a baseline blood draw of FSH 14 and not being told of this level. It is higher than one would want.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ease of making appointments, costs are very good.
I only saw him for initial visit which was covered for free as we were out of pocket. Bloodwork was $25 per lab value. Saline sonogram was approx $270.
He did not have preference but seemed to respect is wanting to only transfer 1 embryo as we do not want twins.

2013 - 2015
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My cycles with him [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.... He explained what he knew well and made sure I was comfortable before procedures. He was not warm and patient when I had miscarriages. He did not offer any further steps as far as embry testing or any further blood testing.
Strengths [for CNY-Albany] are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
2013 - 2015
European, Black or African-American, Other
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say to ask a lot of questions.
He spoke with me in person and was familiar with my medical history
My cycles with him were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.
I had a different nurse most of the time for each visit. Most of them were warm kind and compassionate and answered my questions to the best of the abilities. They are also great at returning calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
The three IUI cycles I don’t remember the cost. I know my insurance covered most of the cost of the Chlomid. For the ivf, we purchased two cycles around $6000, plus the cost of medications and needles, which was around $4000.
He preferred to transfer no more than two at once.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had two miscarriages here, and I almost died during the first one when I was bleeding uncontrollably. Dr. Ditcoff did not show hardly any compassion during this. During both miscarriages, no testing or analysts was offered either on myself or the remaining embryos to try and help determine why.

2012 - 2013
From the first visit I didn’t care for him [Dr. Ditkoff]. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. ... There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer.
They [CNY Fertility Center] are all about high quantity and low quality care. The wait times were ridiculous, the waiting room was always full, and then you got rushed through the appointment. The only decent thing is the front desk staff was polite and friendly, and phone calls did get returned in a timely fashion. ... Even though I saw a different nurse every time and talked to a different nurse anytime I called they all were at least more compassionate than the doctor. ...
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
From the first visit I didn’t care for him. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. This was just the first visit. If I could’ve seen another doctor in this clinic it may have been different but this is who was accepting new patients, and where my insurance was in-network with so we didn’t have any other option.
Beware, he doesn’t listen and he doesn’t pay attention to medication regimens. You will end up paying a lot more in the long run.
It was all about the co-pays, felt like it was get as many patients in as possible, so as many procedures as possible. I never saw the same nurse, even though I was in the clinic every other day or two days during a cycle. He didn’t pay close enough attention to my response to injectable meds for our IVF cycle, and therefore they weren’t appropriately adjusted to give the greatest chance at having a fertility outcome, which subsequently we did not get.
There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer. Once we transferred clinics that dr even said “are you sure this wasn’t an IUI cycle? These med regimen is not for IVF!”
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have nothing good to say. They are all about high quantity and low quality care. The wait times were ridiculous, the waiting room was always full, and then you got rushed through the appointment. The only decent thing is the front desk staff was polite and friendly, and phone calls did get returned in a timely fashion.
Fortunately we had insurance that covered most of it, however we later found we were informed incorrectly. Fortunately for us the clinic had to eat the mistake.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
They don’t pay attention to detail. Especially when it comes to the medications.

2018 - 2020
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
he [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] is busy and only has so much time. But he answers each and every question kindly and with medical expertise of 25+ years...was straightforward but kind. Tried his best each time and seemed to care. Allowed phone and in person consultations always as needed. Did surgery for me and was proficient...gave hope in a troubling time with uncertainty. He is now helping us with our next step in the journey with a gestational carrier
I did many cycles [at CNY Fertility Center] but overall each cycle was about $5500-7500 including embryo biopsy, monitoring and PGS testing...Beautiful clinic with nice ambiance. Many people so they may want to add more seating as it can be standing room only at times. They are very accommodating to working with your times/work schedule and they get to know you as a person not just another number
2018 - 2020
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, 6 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr Ditkoff is an Excellent doctor who was kind and compassionate. Proficient with surgery and seemed to care. Answered all questions and gave hope in a troubling time with uncertainty. He is now helping us with our next step in the journey with a gestational carrier
Have questions ready to go, because he is busy and only has so much time. But he answers each and every question kindly and with medical expertise of 25+ years
Dr Ditkoff was straightforward but kind. Tried his best each time and seemed to care. Allowed phone and in person consultations always as needed. Did surgery for me and was proficient.
High Dose meds to stimulate ovaries to produce more eggs
Excellent nurses who are there for you all the time. Answered all questions, helped with Medication prescriptions and with office appointments and bloodwork
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I did many cycles but overall each cycle was about $5500-7500 including embryo biopsy, monitoring and PGS testing
He recommended one single transfer which seems reasonable
Latham

He [Dr. Ditkoff] talks fast, but is upfront and honest. He has chatted with me through all my transfers which helps put me at ease. I have not had any follow up with him as other doctors in the clinic have consulted with me regarding my failed transfers. He will come in and make sure you are comfortable and will confirm the procedure and embryos that will be transferred. He is also very helpful when questions are asked.
They [CNY Fertility] were less expensive than most IVF clinics. There aren’t any hidden costs....Strengths are they are willing to try just about anything. Weaknesses are communication is not great. Also, after failed transfers, the consults are with different doctors and they don’t seem to diagnose or Taylor the plan to you. It just seems like they are checking off the next thing to try without assessing your situation.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He talks fast, but is upfront and honest. He has chatted with me through all my transfers which helps put me at ease. I have not had any follow up with him as other doctors in the clinic have consulted with me regarding my failed transfers. He will come in and make sure you are comfortable and will confirm the procedure and embryos that will be transferred. He is also very helpful when questions are asked.
If you don’t understand him, ask him to repeat himself.
He made conversation with me and made me feel good about my embryos. I was comfortable all my transfers.
These changes aren’t necessarily recommended by Dr Ditkoff as I have had instructions from the other drs at CNY. We added immune protocol, hcg wash, prp, and intrelipids. This next transfer we are trying Lupron because my local clinic refuses to do a lap procedure.
They were mostly great. I had some issues with one nurse having issues finding my vein (I have great veins) and finding my cervix.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They were less expensive than most IVF clinics. There aren’t any hidden costs.
Latham

He [Dr. Ditkoff] makes sure you understand everything before moving on to the next step. He makes sure you/your body are in the best shape possible in order to achieve the goal! He returned calls and portal messages within a timely matter.... He’s not super warm and fuzzy. But I always feel comfortable. He explains exactly what’s going on and what the end goal of that would be
Everyone I met [at CNY] was very friendly, supportive and compassionate...Very comfortable environment. It’s not very “clinical”. You feel safe and invited. There are fertility resources available to you so you can educate yourself. They also have a separate spa for massage and acupuncture which have been known to help infertility....Ivf is roughly $4,000 not including medications or labs. The flat rate includes retrieval, “mixing” embryos and sperm and 1 insemination.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He makes sure you understand everything before moving on to the next step. He makes sure you/your body are in the best shape possible in order to achieve the goal! He returned calls and portal messages within a timely matter.
At each appointment he called me by name. Did a quick recap of where we were at in the cycle, what the end goal would be. He was also very good at explaining things for us
We are still in the process. When we did our first testing month I found out I needed a 2nd surgery to remove scar tissue from the 1st. He referred me to the same Dr as it was someone he trusted. He encouraged me to have it done so my uterus was in the best possible shape before starting ivf. He was happy to meet with me asap after surgery to pick up where we left off
Everyone I met was very friendly, supportive and compassionate

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.... He was very kind through my transfer, took his time even snapped a picture which I appreciated!... [Eset Approach] They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!... Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price!... 300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal
CNY provides an affordable option for those who otherwise couldn't afford it.They are good at what they do and have a high volume of patients.... Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price! They also offer numerous add ons at affordable prices. Nurses are also a pro never they are good at what they do! Weakness is fax machine! Lots of time they didn't receive my faxes on bloodwork. I always got my results to them on time though.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY provides an affordable option for those who otherwise couldn't afford it.They are good at what they do and have a high volume of patients. Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.
Be open, ready to pay attention to your charts, bloodwork, and you will be fine. Having gone through IVF at another clinic already I knew more than a first patient would. Probably would be overwhelmed if I had to do it first time through CNY so ask questions and use the portal to your advantage.
300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal, 1 low level mosaic, 1 abnormal. 2 transfers of normal embryos resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Trish)
Always quick to respond on the portal Trish and Greta are awesome!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
3,900 IVF 150 out of town monitoring 2,000 PGS testing 5 embryos 750 Biopsy CNY of 5 embryos 250 per transfer ×2 50 HCG wash 100 embryo glue
They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!

1 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Ditkoff is very straight to the point/direct with his demeanor. He is informative and realistic about the chances of conceiving. He is willing to try new techniques and autoimmune protocol to help with implantation.... We used high dosage gonal 450 and menopur 150 for the first retrieval. The subsequent retrievals we tried low dose gonal 150 and menopur 75 with better results
The clinic [CNY] has many patients. So understanding that you need to do your research yourself and ask a lot of questions to get the information you need. The doctors will try anything to get you pregnant, even new or holistic approaches. They also have an autoimmune protocol... Consultation was free. IVF cycles are 3900 which does not include monitoring.... The nurses were nice and helpful but sometimes the instructions were conflicting. It would be better to have more consistency with standard responses.
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Just understand he is direct but he will do anything to help.
The clinic has so many patients that there are long waits for consultations and those consults feel a bit rushed. However he was very informative.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has many patients. So understanding that you need to do your research yourself and ask a lot of questions to get the information you need. The doctors will try anything to get you pregnant, even new or holistic approaches. They also have an autoimmune protocol
I had ultrasound monitoring at a local clinic, not at CNY.
Consultation was free. IVF cycles are 3900 which does not include monitoring.
I have not tried a transfer yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I think the nursing staff needs to be more consistent with the answers they give to common questions
Latham
so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number [with Dr. Edward Ditkoff]...If you’re looking for warm and fuzzy, this isn’t the doctor for you. He’s super knowledgeable and a good doctor but he’ll tell you straight up facts, no sugar coating, no cheering squad. He is a man of few words that gets procedures done efficiently and effectively. You either love him for his candid approach or hate him for lack of bedside manner.
As a travel patient [at CNY Fertility Center], sometimes results get lost in transit, so it’s important to be on top of this. If it happens, sometimes the nurses don’t call with the update...I’m a travel patient so I monitored elsewhere...IVF was $3900 which included FETs for a year, embryo storage for a year, ICSI and egg retrieval...an amazing clinic with fantastic nurses and doctors. They’re super busy though, so you have to be your own best advocate. If something seems off don’t be afraid to speak up. They do their best to make sure everyone feels like they’re the only patient, but with the amount of people that use CNY and many bring travel patients, there will be issues, so you need to roll with the punches.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to get the facts; if you can’t handle the facts get a different doctor.
He is very favtual and to the point, so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number.
The nursing staff is phenomenal! The silver lining here is that at CNY, you don’t deal with the doctors every day so you interact mostly with the wonderful nurses.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is an amazing clinic with fantastic nurses and doctors. They’re super busy though, so you have to be your own best advocate. If something seems off don’t be afraid to speak up. They do their best to make sure everyone feels like they’re the only patient, but with the amount of people that use CNY and many bring travel patients, there will be issues, so you need to roll with the punches.
I’m a travel patient so I monitored elsewhere.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
As a travel patient, sometimes results get lost in transit, so it’s important to be on top of this. If it happens, sometimes the nurses don’t call with the update.
Latham

[Dr. Edward Ditkoff is] pleasant friendly and have good knowledge of the industry. you can turn to him for advise. the whole clinic in albany seems to put his advise first. he remembers previous conversations with you even if a year has gone by... 1st retrieval, he recommended fet. my 2nd retrieval didn’t go well. all 3 embryos arrested before the blast. dr. ditkoff now has me on a priming protocol to try to help me have eggs with more quality next cycle.
very clean place [CNY Fertility Center-Latham]. it feels like a spa which is a good idea because it takes away the stress and really helps you relax. i felt very call during all my retievals and transfers. they are also very on time with their schedule. you won’t be waiting long there.... the whole medical team is very educatued in their field. they are nice and very pleasant. they are available 24hrs a day should you have any questions. i’m an out patient. they are always on time when i need to hear about my results or medical treatments from them.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
make sure you are prepared with questions as all doctors are busy.
he took his time to speak with me regarding my condition
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean place. it feels like a spa which is a good idea because it takes away the stress and really helps you relax. i felt very call during all my retievals and transfers. they are also very on time with their schedule. you won’t be waiting long there.
costs are fair. within market.
they don’t tell me what to do, it’s ultimately my decisions. but they will tell me the risk of having twins if we transfer 2 embryos.
Latham

While he [Dr. Ditkoff] was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.... Estrogen Priming Protocol: omnitrope, estrace IVF: Gonal F, Centrotide, omnitrope
I was supposed to have a genetic test done before my first IVF cycle and a nurse never ordered it. They didn’t realize this until right before I was going to begin my second IVF cycle. Fortunately they ordered it and paid for it due to the mistake... They [CNY - Latham] help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
While he was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.
Be prepared with lots of questions because he is knowledgeable, but then also be prepared to have to contact him because he won't contact you.
He spent a lot of time explaining our options
About $3,000 for medicine
Did not get there

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I only had phone consult and protocol given by dr Ditkoff. I never spoke to him again during treatment. The nurses called to give me updates and i was under the impression that everything was smooth. I was given a standard protocol for my age, i assume.... I was on 350 gonal f and 150 menopur for 8 days. I ended up with 7 eggs but only 2 were mature enough for fertilization and both made it to day 3 embryos.
The clinics strengths are compassionate, they answered questions swiftly and made me feel welcome. The weaknesses are that they dont really discuss all the options you can use such as acupuncture and massage... The nursing staff [CNY Fertility] was great. I was alone for my transfer and they made me feel welcome. They explained everything well.... I only had phone consult and protocol given by dr Ditkoff. I never spoke to him again during treatment.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He is very blunt
I felt like a human because ny questions were answered. The nurses gave good information
The nursing staff was great. I was alone for my transfer and they made me feel welcome. They explained everything well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
3900 for ivf procedure. Additional fee for outside monitoring and financing.
None. I haven't transferred yet because I ended up losing my insurance and job right in the middle of cycle. I still had insurance to complete it thank goodness.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
One medication was not called in and the dosage was wrong.
Latham

Dr. Ditkoff is very blunt and has minimal bedside manner. He's not mean or rude, just to the point and no chit chat...Dr. Ditkoff is straight to the point, no chit chat, all facts and gameplan. He's quick and likes to get the job done efficiently. It seems that he has a lot going on in his head re: patient plans that he doesn't share and I wish he did like his reasoning for specific protocols.... Be prepared for no nonsense and straight face. A little akward at times as well.
CNY is much more affordable than most fertility clinics in the states. That's the big strength. The downside is that it takes a LONG time to get a consult with them and their nursing staff can be overwhelmed . The doctors do seem to take a one size fits all approach to protocol unless you advocate aggressively for your case.... The nurses at CNY are busy and sometimes a little rude over the phone. They do seem overworked and a little scatterbrained. I wish we were able to deal with one or two nurses every time versus somebody new with every communication. Little things have slipped through the cracks because of this.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
$4500 for IVF (monitoring for retrieval and retrieval).
Latham

Dr. Ditkoff was very friendly the one time I met him. Because of their busy schedule I frequently see and refer questions to the nursing staff. We are currently in our second IUI cycle. Speaking with Dr Ditkoff helped us make the decision to continue IUI after our failed first cycle. Dr. Ditkoff spoke with me over the phone and reviewed our test results and his best suggestion moving forward.
The clinic [CNY-Syracuse] is well organized and clean. The desk staff are friendly and welcoming. There are numerous services offered, both medical and holistic. The clinic is able to accommodate both male and female infertility problems... The nursing team is kind and caring. They are approachable and comforting.... We had to pay approximately $1,000 out of pocket for an IUI cycle.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was very approachable and easy to talk to. He offered us very clear advice using our medical history. I do with we could see and meet with the doctor more regularly but understand he has a very busy add demanding schedule.
Be patient. Ask questions, even if you're embarrassed. Be very honest and candid.
My husband and I completed one IUI cycle using lotrozole. After a failed result, we consulted with the doctor to determine our next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
The nursing team is kind and caring. They are approachable and comforting.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is well organized and clean. The desk staff are friendly and welcoming. There are numerous services offered, both medical and holistic. The clinic is able to accommodate both male and female infertility problems.
We had to pay approximately $1,000 out of pocket for an IUI cycle.
Syracuse

IUI, 2 IVF
Dr Ditkoff always has answered my many questions and always has a course of action for the next attempt(s). He's very patient and helps you understand the process. He has a great bedside manner but isn't afraid to get down to business.... I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
I've had a few amazing nurses [at CNY-Albany] there that are my favorite. I'm a travel patient now so, I only get to see Stacy and Kimmie for the procedures and they are amazing.... I found out through the portal about a negative beta a couple hours before receiving the phone call. I was in the waiting room, waiting for the results.... Ask questions, look over your meds and instructions to make sure everything is there. Order all prescriptions in advance (set reminders on your phone to order) Progesterone in oil is needed up to 6 days before transfer (depending on how many days your embryos are)
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be honest. Ask questions.
Dr Ditkoff always made sure I fully understood everything. I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
I've had a few amazing nurses there that are my favorite. I'm a travel patient now so, I only get to see Stacy and Kimmie for the procedures and they are amazing.
Very affordable