Available by cell phone
FellowshipUSC
38A OLD SPARROWBUSH ROAD
LATHAM, NY 12110
518.690.0700
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Ditkoff to a friend?

4.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CNY Fertility Center to a friend?
[Dr. Ditkoff is a] Very knowledgeable provider, grounded in research, can be abrasive with his wishes and forceful about his plan to acheive the outcome he considers best...Evidently this physician has a strong preference for eSET, only this was not strongly expressed to me before the day of my tranfer. I specifically asked my nurse during prepatory visits if this Dr. was aware of my desire to transfer my three embryos and if he approved. I was told as long as I am aware of the risks and ok with them he is ok with with transferring 3. But this was disagreed upon tranfer day.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Like I said, very knowledgeable and talented surgeon with a typical surgeon complex. I was told before hand he did not have the best bedside manner and was willing to take that on for his expertise. During my phone consultation he was very thorough and explained everything very well which I appreciated. We came up with a plan based off my previous cycles that adjusted stims and treated possible undiagnosed immunological issues without testing. I've been told it's cheaper and easier to just treat rather than test for these things. My negative experience came on the day of transfer when he decided to change the previously discussed plan while I was already in the surgery suite and my husband in the waiting room. He felt that it would be best to only transfer one of the three best looking embryos rather then all three even though my age and statistics and previous failed cycles permitted this number and we had already discussed this. He was very aggressive during an already emotional and vulnerable moment (naked lying on table without my spouse to discuss). I expressed needing an opportunity and a moment to talk to my husband and was told that he cant guarantee he will perform my transfer then as he cant grantee he wont be busy 5 minutes from now. This is why I felt more like a number. And I will mention they brought me back more then an hour late which means they were willing to give another patient the time they deserved possibly but not me. I felt like I was being rushed to just go along with what he decided and theres nothing else to question. However, being a well informed medical professional myself i felt disrespected that he would not want me to take a moment, be informed, and make a decision with him that I was comfortable with. In the end I decided to stick to my plan but honored him for his concern and interest in my best outcome and he appreciated my respect and we moved forward. I did conceive this round which was the very first time ever after 5 transfers! Unfortunately it ended in a 5wk miscarriage. I feel that I might not have even experienced that if I did not transfer all 3 since nobody really knows which will go the distance in the future. Just a reminder no matter how well meant...they are not God, but well intended Dr's and its important to be compassionate with the human being in front of you....even if it means explaining and understanding their goals, or even a fight, or even 5 minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is an excellent physician and obviously passionate about his responsibility and the outcomes he is responsible for; a really great thing! He can come off strong at the worst moment so just take a deep breath and know it's likely coming from a good place. Stay focused and dont get defensive or angry and it will likely work out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Great Nurses!!! What I didnt like is that you will be scheduled with a random nurse everytime unless you request a specific nurse. They will try to coordinate if you request to see the same nurse which I think is very important. My first cycle things were easily overlooked when seeing a different nurse every time.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic. The care they provide is good. Some things I am questioning and asking around is standardized treatment rather than individualized plans. Since I have not been successful with 3 ivf cycles and 5 transfers I am considering other options.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
The waiting room is a bit small but very beautiful; I actually enjoyed waiting in the relaxing low lit well decorated space. Often times you could get a free message while you waited. The nurses work as swiftly as they can without shortchanging patients. I was very happy with my monitoring appointments. They provide very early hours so you can squeeze in before work if needed but these appointments can fill quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.
Ivf $3900 + monitoring fee $925 Transfer $250 + monitoring $500 No medications included
Describe Edward Ditkoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.

3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
3 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I do not have enough experience personally with Dr. Ditkoff, I simply saw him briefly for my retrievals, however he seemed to be very serious about his job. I felt as if he doesn't like to waste his time or mine as a patient. I would agree with most that he lacks bedside manner, however what I do appreciate is his attention to details. I also must say that out of all the egg retrievals I've gone through, the ones performed by Ditkoff left me with no pain, symptoms, or even slight bleeding afterward. I wouldn't have even known I went through the procedure had I not been there myself!
I would not recommend him to a patient that needs a doctor to coddle them. But I would him to a "veteran" fertility patient who admires a doctor's precision and experience.
Dr. Ditkoff was very straightforward and clinical in his approach to me as a patient. However, he was also very thorough in his approach. I was only able to meet Dr. Ditkoff on the days of egg retrieval.
Describe the protocols Edward Ditkoff used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Treatment strategies and protocols were given to me by nurses for the most part.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine Taylor)
I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff at CNY. A well-oiled machine that runs efficiently. At the same time, the vibe in the office is warm, inviting, and everyone seems to love their jobs. Justine was so helpful. She took the time to sit with me, discuss my options and treatment plans. She empowered me as a patient, and relieved much of my stress and anxiety. I felt in control of my personal outcome both mentally and physically because of the way she spoke to me and informed me through every step of the way. I have never felt so sure of my decisions through my treatments until now and that is because she patiently educated me about the process, something that is highly unusual in this medical field.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The staff is this clinic's strength. I would also say that the setting and environment in the clinic is phenomenal. This process is stressful enough, so the environment they have created which is warm, relaxing, and inviting is one of a kind. You truly feel appreciated as a patient. Their website patient portal however is absolutely terrible and is a terrible weakness. Communication is completely lost if you as a patient rely on the portal.
LATHAM

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Ditkoff is extremely knowledgeable and provided us with a well thought out and precise plan of action. ... Ditkoff was prepared as he reviewed our medical history and was ready to get down to business. ... Ditkoff felt strongly to prepare my body with supplements due to low ovarian reserve and that was a pleasant surprise from my previous provider.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is extremely knowledgeable and provided us with a well thought out and precise plan of action. Although our appointment was slightly rush because we were 10 minutes late. Ditkoff was prepared as he reviewed our medical history and was ready to get down to business. I appreciate the fact that we completed diagnostic testing during our initial appointment so we didn't waste any time. Ditkoff felt strongly to prepare my body with supplements due to low ovarian reserve and that was a pleasant surprise from my previous provider.
Take a pad of paper and pen so you can write things down. Stay organized with all your past medical information. Don't be late.
Although our appointment was rushed because we showed up late, Dr. Ditkoff has all my medical history reviewed and ready to get down to business. He was great.
Priming my body to help get better quality and quantity eggs from my previous failed cycle.
Very attentive to our needs. Nurses that performed the diagnostic testing asked if I understood everything that Ditkoff spoke about. They wanted to make sure his explanations were clear and concise.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Clean environment. The waiting room felt like home, with beautiful décor and fireplace. It did not feel like a sterile doctors office, but rather it felt as if we were at home. It was fantastic. Weaknesses included the wait time for new patients to be scheduled for a consult. Strengths are the financial coordinators who are genuine interested in helping to get insurance coverage verified.
$3900 for IVF treatment if monitoring elsewhere. $4500 if monitoring at this location.
This was not discussed. We anticipate transferring two embryos due to my age, if Ditkoff permits.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Had a protocol in mind before he even met me, not based on my specific situation. Did not have time for questions or explanations. Just kept pushing his original agenda. ... I feel that his knowledge and ability is competent, but considering the field he has chosen, there is nothing compassionate, or concerned, or even interested feeling about his bedside manor. I don’t feel he is passionate about helping you find success.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I feel that his knowledge and ability is competent, but considering the field he has chosen, there is nothing compassionate, or concerned, or even interested feeling about his bedside manor. I don’t feel he is passionate about helping you find success. Maybe there is a certain type of fertility problem that he is interested in and will be a cheerleader for, but he certainly did not seem interested in mine.
IF you need compassion or “hand holding” on your fertility journey, look elsewhere.
1st IUI- letrozole 2nd IUI letrozole plus 75 gonal 1st IVF- 150 menopur, 300/450 gonal, cetritide. There was no rationale- these are typical med levels given to anyone- not addressing the fertility problems I specifically have.
Nursing staff is hit or miss. If you find a nurse you like and develop a relationship you should request them each time- otherwise you will get some nurses who Do not seem invested or passionate about this specialty- they might as well be working at a flu clinic or something.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strength: comparatively not expensive Weakness: too many patients, not enough personalized care, difficulty getting through or getting people to respond. I suppose you have to advocate for yourself wherever you seek care, but it’s especially true at CNY. Over the past two years I’ve become an expert in treatment, my specific issues, new procedures or medicines, because CNY just throws generic protocols at you, and does not seem to be current on new care options. Fertility treatment has become a second full time job- and I think with other clinics, maybe it wouldn’t have to be that way.
I was mostly able to get appt. when I needed them- early in the morning- or within a half hour or hour. They were pretty quick, and I was out and on my way.
IVF $3900, monitoring $850, transfer $275.
I only had one embryo.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr Ditkoff did not have the best bed side manner, but over all was a very intelligent doctor and I did feel safe in his hands for both my retrieval and transfer. The only time I wasn't 100 percent happy with him was when I felt pushed to grow my only three embryos to day 5 instead of freezing at day 3. I felt that I had too few embryos to push them to 5 days, and I really had to push for them to be frozen at day 3. Even though my transfer ended in a negative pregnancy test, I do not blame him for this, and overall would see Dr. Ditkoff again.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Ignore his cold and direct bed side manner, because he is a very intelligent man who just wants to see you have a successful cycle.
Although his bed side manner wasn't incredibly warm, he took his time with me to explain everything that was going to happen, and answer any questions I had. I never felt rushed and was given all of the information I needed.
As it was my first IVF cycle ever, a protocol of Menopur 75, Gonal 450 and Centrotide was used for 10 days before triggering with Lupron. We are discussing adding the autoimmune protocol for my next cycle since my issue is inflammation due to endo.
The nurse team was excellent. Although the phone lines were often busy, having access to a portal where you can message the nurse team was always quick and efficient at getting responses. They have an on-call nurse after hours that I used once, and she was also very quick at getting back to me very late at night. The whole staff is really kind and answer any questions thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is great at making each person feel cared about and listened to. I never felt pushed aside or rushed. The phone lines can be very busy and difficult to get a person on the other line to talk to, so definitely utilize the online portal to ask questions.
$4900 for a full IVF cycle monitoring included
Dr. Ditkoff strongly prefers transferring only one embryo, and really pushes you to freeze your embryos at day 5 instead of 3. He also recommends a frozen transfer over a fresh.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Ditkoff was very direct and did not have good bedside manor. We went in with the idea of fresh transfer for ivf and right before egg retrieval he said 'you are doing a frozen right?' He acted like I was crazy for wanting fresh and so I changed my mind just because of his reaction and I trusted him as our Dr. It failed so frozen didn't work for us anyway.... It was all through the portal or by phone calls that I made to the clinic. I never spoke to Dr. Ditkoff before the actual procedure.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and trust your instincts no matter what he says or how he will make you feel.
There are so many patients at cny because ivf is cheaper at this clinic. There are several doctors at each clinic and you don't get to pick your doctor. You are definitely a number here at this clinic but you do get what you pay for. You are your best advocate at this clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurse was kind and friendly. She seemed a little young and mature. She answered all my questions but wasn't super clear on some of the answers. I also was not told to have a full bladder for transfer so I couldn't see the actual transfer of my one embryo. That made me upset because I wanted everything to go perfectly.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I went to the Albany location. It was easy to get around the town and several hotels have a cny discount and free shuttle. The clinic is very nice, calming and clean. Front office people were just okay. They weren't super supportive or helpful (especially for an out of town patient).
They have a sheet with all costs. One cycle of ivf is 3,900 and there are other add ons.
LATHAM

Dr Ditkoff did not give me warm fuzzies. He is very science driven, which is fine. He did, however, seem to dismiss what I wanted, because it differed from his opinion, not science.... Based on my diagnosis of unexplained infertility and no history of previous pregnancies I wanted a fresh transfer. Dr Ditkoff highly recommended PGS testing because I was 37 at retrieval. He also strongly suggested a frozen transfer saying it had higher success rates. After consulting with another doctor at the same practice, getting a second opinion I felt strongly to go with my gut and have a fresh transfer.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Based on my diagnosis of unexplained infertility and no history of previous pregnancies I wanted a fresh transfer. Dr Ditkoff highly recommended PGS testing because I was 37 at retrieval. He also strongly suggested a frozen transfer saying it had higher success rates. After consulting with another doctor at the same practice, getting a second opinion I felt strongly to go with my gut and have a fresh transfer. He disagreed in a condescending manner and said be sure to let him know if it ended up being successful. It was such an emotional time, I feel like he could have kept such comments to himself. The transfer WAS successful and no, I haven't gone back to let him know.
He doesn't sugar coat anything. I think if you have a differing view than he does you need a thick skin to withstand his condescending remarks.
Dr Ditkoff did not give me warm fuzzies. He is very science driven, which is fine. He did, however, seem to dismiss what I wanted, because it differed from his opinion, not science. I consulted briefly with another doctor from the same practice who supported my choice. In the end we had success, regardless of Dr Ditkoff's opinion.
I had 3 failed IUIs with another clinic earlier in the year. Dr Ditkoff's medication list seemed huge! I get it now, that we were jumping in with both feet. Ready to make it happen. I appreciate we didn't start with tiny doses and build up, as this would have taken longer and more cycles, ultimately costing more.
It was hit or miss with the nurses. I had Kayla at retrieval and was shocked at how she was blunt which came across to me as rude. I was so grateful to have a different nurse at transfer. This other nurse was compassionate and kind. She held my trembling hand and helped comfort me like we were long-time friends. I was alone for transfer, my husband had to return home to work the day before. It was terrifying having no one with me. She made it better.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic and if you do not advocate for yourself sometimes you feel like you're forgotten. I had a little experience with advocating and had friends who helped along the way. The clinic knows fertility treatment very well, with that, they sometimes forget we're new at it. The patient portal is a great resource. Messaging nurses with questions is always an option.
I live out of state, so monitoring appointments were specified over the phone for a date to be completed and I contacted a local fertility clinic to schedule.
I have no fertility coverage. I easily completed the financial agreement. I pay monthly payments of $204 until my balance is paid in full. It is adorable and no interest. There is a small admin fee assessed per 6 month period, but if paid in full early that fee would not be applicable.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I saw him [Dr. Ditkoff] once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. ... He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I saw him once right before my retrieval. I was a travel patient and my consultation was with Dr. Kiltz. He was very straightforward and to the point. If total compassion is your thing, he probably wouldn't be the one I would go to. However, the way that CNY works things, you don't see the same Doctor or nurses every time. Once again, they are giving greater amounts of people access to care that would otherwise be beyond their means. That in and of itself makes CNY worth it.
Ask every single question you can think of. Write things down. He's a nice guy, but very straightforward.
CNY, in my opinion, is trying to do a good thing. They are trying to give clients access to treatment that wouldn't otherwise get it. They definitely don't hold your hand through treatment. I would have liked for someone to sit down with me and actually explain the goals of my protocol. However, things, so far have worked out for me. We have 4 really great looking embryos. I did extensive research and I tried to follow every instruction to perfection. If I had questions, I tried to be my own advocate and called into the nurses. Everyone treated me with respect and honored my wishes. I just wish there were a little more transparency.
I was on an antagonist protocol I believe. I was on 150 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, and .25 of Cetrotide (starting day 3). I triggered with a double Lupron trigger on day 10. I produced about 10-15 follicles, but only had 5 eggs retrieved. I was pretty devastated at this, but 4 out of my 5 embryos were frozen on day 5. Those 4 embryos are graded really good. This was my first medicated cycle of any fertility treatment and I know I'm an easy responder to other medications. I believe the rationale behind my protocol was that we just didn't know much about how I would respond. I maybe have a very mild case of PCOS in my one ovary and my husband has some male factor issues. My blood tests were all pretty normal. This was kind of a basic first protocol to see how I would respond. Luckily, after getting over the fact that I only retrieved 5 eggs, things have worked pretty well. I have yet to transfer anything yet.
The nursing staff at CNY-Albany are great. They really do try to get to know you and are very compassionate. They will answer any and all questions that you have.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths - Cost is a huge one. IVF would totally be out of the question if not for them. They all try very hard to make you feel comfortable and taken care of. They have their opinions on how things should go, but they ultimately listen and honor your wishes. They try a mixture of Eastern and Western medicine to try and get things to work. Weaknesses - If you want a clinic to hold your hand through the entire process, this one isn't for you. You really have to be your own advocate and not be scared to speak up and ask questions. My only regret was that I wish I would have had easier access to a doctor. i would have liked to have some of the things about my protocol explained better. My husband and I went in with the attitude that this whole thing is a big risk and it's either going to work or it won't and we're not paying for someone to hold our hands. If you go in with the right expectations, CNY can definitely work for you.
We paid $4,500 for our entire IVF cycle. That included monitoring and everything. That was honestly our biggest draw to CNY. We paid just over $3,500 for medications.
I have yet to transfer, however, I know because of my age, they highly encourage you to only transfer one embryo. They will, however, honor your choice and transfer two. They will not, unless under very special circumstances, transfer more than that.
LATHAM

Dr. Ditkoff treated me like a human because he was compassionate and he always read my file and knew exactly what was going on with me before starting any conversation...straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff is compassionate but straight forward which I really appreciate. He is very knowledgeable in his field. During treatments he tried his best to minimize my discomfort. When my first cycle failed he insisted I stay on the same course of treatment which I was not happy about.
Have lots of questions ready! If you do not ask, the doctor will not be forthcoming with information.
I was on a high dose of both Gonal-f and Menopur because of my diminished ovarian reserve. This did not yield good results.
While the nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable, they would often forget to upload documents to the patient portal. Also, because you are not assigned a particular nurse, sometimes you get conflicting information from nurses. Additionally sometimes I experienced situations where the nurses left my care up to me. Meaning I could do one thing or another and they let me decide. This was always very unnerving.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The number one reason to attend this clinic is their cost. It is the most affordable clinic and if you have to do multiple rounds, then it is totally worth it. They are very knowledgeable in what they do and include holistic views in their treatments. The clinic is more like a spa then a clinical environment. The doctor is innovative and always looking at new ways to treat patients. On the down side they are too busy to give individualized care. You 100% must advocate for yourself and be very well versed on your own health. Do not expect them to catch anything. You must double and triple check your own results with what research shows.
Cycle cost $4,000 and included everything except pgs/pgd testing and medications.
Dr. Ditkoff recommends single embryo transfer but will allow you to transfer two if you want.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I had my first consult with Dr. D [Ditkoff] and I'd say my first experience was not a pleasant one. I think that's my fault, he was very upfront and detailed during our first meeting (which was great). ... I gave Dr. D another shot and I'm glad I did. Dr. D has done my first retrieval, uterine polyp removal, and 2nd embryo transfer. Each time I meet with him I have a more pleasant experience than the past.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I had my first consult with Dr. D and I'd say my first experience was not a pleasant one. I think that's my fault, he was very upfront and detailed during our first meeting (which was great). I didn't have full knowledge of the process or costs associated and was very frustrated when he requested testing that I had just done a month prior. I realized that my frustration was my lack of knowledge so I gave Dr. D another shot and I'm glad I did. Dr. D has done my first retrieval, uterine polyp removal, and 2nd embryo transfer. Each time I meet with him I have a more pleasant experience than the past. I completely trust him with my fertility treatment. He's very knowledgeable and straight to the point, which now is one of the things I like most about him.
Trust the process and ask lots of questions.
First ever treatment at CNY was with letrozole and IUI. I don't remember the dosing but had good response just no ovulation. Failed cycle 2nd treatment was a NYS grant cycle IVF. I responded poorly to meds and needed to stim for double the standard length of time. I want to say I was at 350iu, then bumped up to 375iu when I wasn't responding. Retrieval resulted in 7 eggs, 2 of which were viable for transfer. We transferred both with standard transfer protocol meds and it was unsuccessful. 3rd treatment (no longer eligible for grant cycle), onto self pay. Dosage was increased to 375iu from the start. Much better response. Stimmed for 10-11 days. A lot of follicles present on both ovaries. During retrieval my bowel was in the way and could only retrieve 5 eggs. 2 eggs were viable and made it to freeze. We transferred 1 egg, increased PIO injections, added in HCG wash, intralipids, and embryoglue and had successful pregnancy until 5.5 weeks. Then miscarriage. Currently prepping for 3rd transfer with a laparoscopy first and will be more aggressive with immune protocol.
The nursing staff is great! Very knowledgeable and well versed in protocols and treatments.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is the only option for me. The low cost treatment is a huge draw. With the low cost you don't lose out on quality of services as some might expect.
Most recent IVF Cycle: Baselines, monitoring for retrieval and transfer, office visits, HSG/SHG, HCG wash, intralipids - $3,500.00 Meds - $3,500.00 Retrieval - $3,900.00

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Good communicator, honest, blunt in a good way, respectful. Cons: rushed for time, used layman's terms even though I asked him [Dr. Ditkoff] not too due to my medical background. I think it is out of habit, or because it allows him to make sure everyone understands, but I found it annoying personally. All around great Dr! ... He seemed to really want me to understand the process, what to expect, and my potential outcomes based on my history and my issues. Made me feel like a human.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Good communicator, honest, blunt in a good way, respectful. Cons: rushed for time, used layman's terms even though I asked him not too due to my medical background. I think it is out of habit, or because it allows him to make sure everyone understands, but I found it annoying personally. All around great Dr!
Make sure you know your history including dates because he will ask very detailed questions!
He seemed to really want me to understand the process, what to expect, and my potential outcomes based on my history and my issues. Made me feel like a human. I could tell that he was feeling rushed and that he was asking certain questions just because I was a patient. Pretty good considering the huge number of patients this clinic has.
Used menopur and follistim along with zpack and prednisone. Not sure why this is the protocol, I think Dr Kiltz comes up with protocol and the other Drs oversee the patient. So far so good!
Some seem annoyed or in a bad mood when you call. They have problems with telling one thing and writing another for medication protocols. I had to call twice to verify I was doing it right. They don't call back or message back. Definitely need to take your health into your own hands. Some are very nice and awesome at their job! Shout out to Deanna!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are price and them trying to be available. They also really try to stay up to date with the latest research and protocols. Kuddos to them taking all patients too. They do need to work on organization and managing the patient load. The pharmacy team is not great. It took a month of me calling them 4 times and the pharmacy I was using to call them 6 times before they prior authed my meds. Communication is sometimes poor.
$3900 ivf, 250 fet 800 embryo biopsy for pgs, 2000$ medications
My Dr made sure I understand the risks of multiples and strongly suggested I transfer 1. I agree as i am still younger.
LATHAM

He [Dr. Ditkoff] is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body....We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger.... When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very knowledgeable and attentive to my concerns. He moves through explainations rather quickly, which in the beginning of treatment was slightly difficult to follow. He is very confident in the treatment he prescribes, even though we do not know what is wrong with my body.
Research before you go for the first time, become familar with fertility terms and abbreviations, ask questions, and don't have concrete expectations (that one is for fertility patients in general).
He took time to answer my questions, even though many of my questions do not have concrete answers.
We did three rounds of IUI with letrozole and trigger. None resulted in pregnancy, despite having multie follicles each cycle. He was confident at consultation that this work by number three. When it didn't, he opined that IUI would likely not work for me and reccomends IVF. I cannot afford IVF right now, so one of the nurses reccomended adding prednisone and ldn this IUI cycle.
Overall, the nursing staff are amazing. They are always friendly and willing to answer questions. Some of the nurses who draw blood and perform IUIs have better technique than others. For example, some warm the speculum and others don't. Most are willing to look through your record to ensure correct trigger date, medications, and recommend changes. O e the nurses reviewed my record at my fourth IUI and added the autoimmune medications.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Majority of the time they are on time. At times, however, the clinic gets very busy and appointments run late. It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The financial team is always willing to speak with me, contact my insurance, and answer all of my questions. They have a wellness center, which I've heard great things about, but have not used myself. The clinic uses a hollistic approach to treatment, which includes recommending wellness activities, support groups, and following the ketogenic diet.
Costs are reasonable for the industry. My insurance requires a $40 copay for visits, about $50/cycle for labs, about $100/cycle for non-injectables. The financial team tells me that IVF will cost between $8 and 10k. My insurance does not cover IVF at all.
LATHAM

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Some people may say he [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Some people may say he can be very business-like, but personally I like that about him. Shows how intelligent he is on the questions you are asking him. He spends as much time with you as you need so you never feel rushed. He is a good communicator. I like having quick access to him via the patient portal message system, or, an appointment to consult with him isn't too far out when I call.
Be ready to be educated, and be ready to hear the truth about your particular situation.
The doctors at CNY have one goal - to give you a child. Unfortunately my journey is still ongoing, but I do feel as though they care about me and feel bad I have not been successful yet.
My husband and I suffer from recurrent pregnancy loss. We get pregnant so easily but we have yet to be successful. My CNY cycles have been monitored, letrozole, triggered, timed intercourse. But they have still resulted in losses. I think our next step is IVF with PGS to try and weed out potential bad eggs/sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne Marx)
I love my nurse, Marianne Marx. She is an excellent, knowledgable nurse and I always request her for my appointments and ultrasounds. All nurses at CNY are wonderful, however, Marianne is my go to.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is an amazing clinic, aimed at providing quality care at an affordable price for those who do not have/don't have great insurance coverage. I do feel that they need more experience when it comes to unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss and reproductive immunology.
Fortunately, my care thus far has been covered under my health insurance. However, if I move to IVF, I have no coverage and will have to pay out of pocket.
I have yet to do IVF
LATHAM

He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.... I didn’t get to meet him anytime prior to the transfer but when he came in he had my specific information and based our treatment off of all our details.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seemed to be very straight forward, he explained what he felt was best for us and even though we choose a fresh transfer he kept informing us that a frozen was better. He explained the risk and benefits to doing a fresh transfer and the risks of using our good eggs for a fresh transfer.
Understand that he isn’t being rude when he explains things he is just making sure you truly understand the risk and benefits of the procedure.
We used gonal and Menopur to help stimulate my follicles to grow. After 3 ultrasounds and bloodwork. They gave me Ganirelix so my folliculles would not release. Once they were the correct size they adviced me to take trigger shot to release the eggs. They put me under and removed the eggs. Starting that day they injected the eggs with my husbands sperm and watched them over 5 days. On day 5 they told me the rate of the eggs. We chose 2 eggs to put in which took 30 minutes. After I layed down for 15 minutes and then rested the next two day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stacey)
Although they are extremely busy they always got back to me in a timely manor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a very busy clinic so sometimes communication is not the best. Never feel like you can’t call or email them with every question you have. Stay in touch and ask lots of questions. They have been doing this a long time so sometimes they may not explain things in super details. If you don’t hear back from them call them.
$3,705 for IVF $250 for intralipids and HCG wash
LATHAM
Felt like a number because I felt like he [Dr. Ditkoff] was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me...I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I felt like I had to argue to get a concern across. He was more concerned about me getting Ashkenazi genetics testing, but I am a Sephardi Jew from Iran. He thought I had PCOS and pushed for additional useless tests because I have hirsutism (because I am Middle Eastern) and because my 70+ year old father was diabetic. He dismissed the fact that I was previously treated by a previous RE for elevated prolactin and didn't wish to treat me for the issue, even though I came in to see him with evidence of elevated prolactin. I ended up leaving the appointment with my spouse (who is a physician and also felt terrible after the visit), who encouraged me to get my prolactin levels evaluated by a "real" endocrinologist. Instead of Dr Ditkoff simply prescribing me cabergoline (which was done by my former RE at Columbia), he dismissed actual evidence of an elevated prolactin levels and wasted my time and money. I am paying 100% out of pocket because bad insurance, and when we explained that our time and money are valuable, and want to try to explain our insurance issues with him, he simply stated he doesn't know anything about how insurance works and someone else can talk to me about it. Currently, I am under the care of an endocrinologist to treat my elevated prolactin levels (which were higher than I thought they would be) and went to Dr Grossman at the same clinic for a second opinion. I wouldn't recommend Dr Ditkoff to anyone.
If you don't feel like he's truly listening and you think you're being dismissed, you probably are.
Felt like a number because I felt like he was trying to get a result rather that truly listen and learn what is really going on with me.
We saw him for our initial visit only. We mutually agreed to pursue IVF as we did not want to risk twins with IUI or clomid alone. No discussion of protocol was had during our initial visit.
Nurses were very nice. Though I was a little frustrated at a baseline blood draw of FSH 14 and not being told of this level. It is higher than one would want.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ease of making appointments, costs are very good.
I only saw him for initial visit which was covered for free as we were out of pocket. Bloodwork was $25 per lab value. Saline sonogram was approx $270.
He did not have preference but seemed to respect is wanting to only transfer 1 embryo as we do not want twins.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
I only ever saw him [Dr. Ditkoff] once or twice so I don’t feel like I have anything really bad or good to say about him. He definitely answered my questions and was polite. He was patient with my husbands 100 questions and answered them all thoroughly. I definitely feel like he could’ve been a little more friendly. He wasn’t mean by any means but definitely could improve. His nurses did all of my other work he only did my consultation and a follow up appointment after my genetic testing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I only ever saw him once or twice so I don’t feel like I have anything really bad or good to say about him. He definitely answered my questions and was polite. He was patient with my husbands 100 questions and answered them all thoroughly. I definitely feel like he could’ve been a little more friendly. He wasn’t mean by any means but definitely could improve. His nurses did all of my other work he only did my consultation and a follow up appointment after my genetic testing.
Don’t be nervous he’s not intimidating and to go in with a open mind.
I definitely felt like he could’ve been a little warmer. I didn’t have a bad experience but it definitely could’ve been better.
He did a pregnancy blood work panel, he checked my ovarian reserve, as well as did genetic testing and an ultrasound. Once he had a good picture of everything he started me on letrozole followed by a trigger shot. About 14 hours after the trigger shot IUI was done and was successful.
They are absolutely amazing! I loved them so much. They did almost all of my care at CNY right down to the IUI! They always made me feel like a human and not a number. The nurses are the biggest reason I am returning to CNY for my next pregnancy this month!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very thorough, polite, and friendly. I always felt welcomed at the clinic and comfortable. They always make sure your hormone levels are in a good spot before doing any treatments. I don’t feel like they have any weaknesses. They are just the best clinic. They are very affordable as well.
My IUI was covered under insurance so I didn’t pay anything out of pocket except genetic testing which I believe was under $200 for all of the tests they suggest.

2012 - 2013
From the first visit I didn’t care for him [Dr. Ditkoff]. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. ... There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
From the first visit I didn’t care for him. He has no “bedside” manner or compassion. He only wanted to do the most expensive treatment from the very beginning and when my husband and i asked about other options he said “well we can try but it won’t work”. This was just the first visit. If I could’ve seen another doctor in this clinic it may have been different but this is who was accepting new patients, and where my insurance was in-network with so we didn’t have any other option.
Beware, he doesn’t listen and he doesn’t pay attention to medication regimens. You will end up paying a lot more in the long run.
It was all about the co-pays, felt like it was get as many patients in as possible, so as many procedures as possible. I never saw the same nurse, even though I was in the clinic every other day or two days during a cycle. He didn’t pay close enough attention to my response to injectable meds for our IVF cycle, and therefore they weren’t appropriately adjusted to give the greatest chance at having a fertility outcome, which subsequently we did not get.
There was no strategy. He didn’t pay attention to the results of my monitoring, therefore my meds were never titrated up, and because of this we did not even get to an embryo transfer. Once we transferred clinics that dr even said “are you sure this wasn’t an IUI cycle? These med regimen is not for IVF!”
Even though I saw a different nurse every time and talked to a different nurse anytime I called they all were at least more compassionate than the doctor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I have nothing good to say. They are all about high quantity and low quality care. The wait times were ridiculous, the waiting room was always full, and then you got rushed through the appointment. The only decent thing is the front desk staff was polite and friendly, and phone calls did get returned in a timely fashion.
Fortunately we had insurance that covered most of it, however we later found we were informed incorrectly. Fortunately for us the clinic had to eat the mistake.
LATHAM

He [Dr. Ditkoff] was nice but to the point... He explained the process to us and all of the testing and gave us time at the end to ask all of our questions. We are new to ivf last year so we had a lot of questions.... I feel like at first when they ask you about if your cycle is “normal” be honest but don’t be alarmed if what you consider “abnormal” they consider to be normal. I had to remind myself that there are people that have worse cycles than me so that’s why they didn’t seem as concerned as I was.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Our doctor was nice- however berg to the point. He explained the process to us and all of the testing and gave us time at the end to ask all of our questions. We are new to ivf last year so we had a lot of questions.
He was nice but to the point
I used gonal f 300 iu, menopur 75 iu, certitude 0.25 mg, and the Lupron trigger 4mg before the egg retrieval, and prednisone 5 mg x 2, estrace 2mg x 2, endometrin 100mg x 3, asprin 81 mg and prograf 0.5 mg x2 before the frozen transfers
I’ve spent most of my time at cny with the nursing staff & they have all been great. They all take the time to ask how I’ve been feeling & explain all of the procedures to me
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The staff at cny is good about monitoring the process and making sure you are on track and changing the plan if hormone levels are off or if a cycle doesn’t work. Our first embryo transfer didn’t work so the next transfer they added antibiotics, anti rejection medication and steroids to our plan.
$4,500 includes ivf cycle, anesthesia for egg retrieval, monitoring & freezing for 1 year. However each transfer is an additional $250. This doesn’t include medications.
They did strongly recommend only 1 embryo at a time due to my age

IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.... He was very kind through my transfer, took his time even snapped a picture which I appreciated!... [Eset Approach] They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!... Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price!... 300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY provides an affordable option for those who otherwise couldn't afford it.They are good at what they do and have a high volume of patients. Dr. Ditkoff was timely with our phone consult and very kind through retrevial.
Be open, ready to pay attention to your charts, bloodwork, and you will be fine. Having gone through IVF at another clinic already I knew more than a first patient would. Probably would be overwhelmed if I had to do it first time through CNY so ask questions and use the portal to your advantage.
300 gonul, 150 menopur, and double lupron trigger! Results was 11 embryos made it to day 5 all send for PGS testing 3 normal, 1 low level mosaic, 1 abnormal. 2 transfers of normal embryos resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Trish)
Always quick to respond on the portal Trish and Greta are awesome!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths is protocol, I got such a better result here than my old clinic. Another pro is obviously price! They also offer numerous add ons at affordable prices. Nurses are also a pro never they are good at what they do! Weakness is fax machine! Lots of time they didn't receive my faxes on bloodwork. I always got my results to them on time though.
3,900 IVF 150 out of town monitoring 2,000 PGS testing 5 embryos 750 Biopsy CNY of 5 embryos 250 per transfer ×2 50 HCG wash 100 embryo glue
They definitely push for one, which with PGS embryos agree with!
LATHAM

In both person and follow up over the phone he [Dr. Ditkoff] takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process... He was very personable. He took the time to speak to me and not st me and he didn’t make me feel like I was just another number. He genuinely cares about his patients and what they are going through. When I expressed concern during my treatments, he made sure that they were addressed and if something needed to be changed or there was something he could do to make treatment easier he helped.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Make sure that if you have questions to have them ready to ask him. If you don’t ask a question they will assume you are ok. Express all concerns because he is very good at explaining everything.
In both person and follow up over the phone he takes the time to answer questions and to make sure you are personally doing ok with the whole process
They are very caring and just like the doctors If you have any concerns or questions about a protocol they will take the time to answer those questions or seek out the answer for you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They need more staff. While the staff is amazing in helping with everything, it sometimes takes a little bit to get an answer due to what seems like short staff issues. They will however always answer you even if it takes longer than expected. They genuinely care about your treatment and try their hardest to get things done in a timely manner.
Very well done, they schedule your appointment time and you are always taken back within 5 min of your appointment time
The IVF cost $3,900, and the monitoring cost $800 on top of that.
They ultimately give you the option of how many embryos you want to transfer but they suggest one.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Ditkoff] explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.... He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind.... I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH.... So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained the procedure well. He was patient and kind. And he even had a bit of good humor in there! We felt very comfortable and well taken care of! My first transfer was a bit tougher than the second but still a good experience.
He’s a bit dry but he cares and was kind. His humor is there just a little dry that’s all.
Everyone at CNY including the Dr were so caring and accommodating on our transfers.
I chose donor eggs due to my high FSH & low AMH. I previously had a poor response with only 1 egg of my own that didn’t make it to day 5. That was with my second dr in Dallas. So we tried donor eggs with an auto immune protocol for transfer. First failed and second transfer beta is in 3 days.
Wonderful in every way! I felt like I was at a spa for my transfer.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I honestly don’t have any negatives. The donor options are limited but the cost was what drew us there. And after traveling over 1000 miles for our consult we knew we had picked a great place! We’ve traveled to NY from Texas 3 times now. Besides being financially draining we enjoy being there!
We used donor eggs and paid a flat rate of $9000, which included our first transfer. The second transfer was $1500 & we paid $70 for a acupuncture. Also the intralipids and hcg was were about $200 each time.
LATHAM

Rarely heard directly from the doctor [Dr. Ditkoff], mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry ... I felt frustrated that he didn't try to figure out our issues and was content with a diagnosis of "unexplained" and multiple failed cycles with out suggestions. I had to be my own advocate and suggest testing and change in protocol each time. ...
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice guy and is good for procedures but I feel like he lacks in trying to diagnosis the problem and teeing new things to make for a successful cycle. You really have to do your own research and advocate for your care
Rarely heard directly from the doctor, mostly dealt with nurses even when I was going through slow rising hcg that resulted in 8 blood tests before determining i would miscarry
Since my husband and I have no known fertility issues we started off with basic protocol for our fet. When that didn't work we did a full immune protocol with intralipids. Still no success
Nurses are busy and sometimes robotic and lack personal attention to your specific case. However responsive if you need something
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The Facility is very nice and relaxing. Very Comfortable atmosphere. The Wait time is usually minimal. Front desk staff could be more friendly. They allow kids in the office which I think is a little insensitive.
$3900 for retrieval and transfer, $850 monitoring, meds are additional as well as add one such as glue, wash, lipids
I started transferring the best quality egg one at a time. When that didn't work i transfer two at a time. The doctor let me choose what I wanted.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Ditkoff] seems very competent, but very matter of fact. Black and white in terms of bedside manner, do not expect to be coddled. But he does thoroughly explain everything you need to know. If you need someone to explain things slowly however, he would not be the right doctor for you. He is fairly conservative in his treatment plans, which can make some feel like they’d need to push for additional aggressive treatment. ...
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He seems very competent, but very matter of fact. Black and white in terms of bedside manner, do not expect to be coddled. But he does thoroughly explain everything you need to know. If you need someone to explain things slowly however, he would not be the right doctor for you. He is fairly conservative in his treatment plans, which can make some feel like they’d need to push for additional aggressive treatment.
Have your questions ready beforehand
He’s very straight and to the point
My first cycle I was on 300/daily of gonal F, I responded poorly and only produced 8 eggs and 3 embryos. Second cycle he added 150 menopur and HGH, and I produced 13 eggs and 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jaclyn Mastroianni)
She was the best nurse I have ever had. So compassionate, great bedside manner and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are so efficient, and the clinic is beautiful. Feels like a spa. They are very accommodating, and will satisfy almost any request you have. They are extremely responsive, and never make you feel like you are left hanging. All the nurses are very compassionate, even those you only talk to over the phone. At times their fax can be spotty, which gets frustrating when you are waiting on them to receive monitoring results.
$3,900 for retrieval, unlimited transfers for a year, anesthesia, ICSY, assisted hatching
I transferred 3 day 3 embryos the first time due to poor quality and the fact that I only had 3, and the second time I transferred only 1 due to having a decent amount at day 5

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times...He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age...He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was knowledgable, but seemed busy at times. He carefully explained the process I would go through and why he chose the certain medications based on my age and hormone levels. He was helpful in the beginning stages, but once I was actually going through the IVF medicated cycles and heading in for monitoring, I didn't see him at all, only the nurse practitioner. When we had to cancel my cycle because I didn't respond to medication, I thought he would explain why, but he didn't, that was also left up to the nurse.
He spoke very quickly and was somewhat rushed at times. Write down questions to ask him in advance and write down his answers. It's a lot of information that you'll want to look back on.
Dr. Ditkoff was our first introduction to infertility. He was very helpful in explaining all potential procedures we may need to go through based on my exact hormone levels and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Rebecca went above and beyond to explain every mediation to me, show me how to use it, give me her cell number if I had additional questions and help me to schedule convenient appointments around my teaching schedule
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: calm and welcoming environment. They help address issues efficiently and the nurses go above and beyond to be helpful. Weakness: sometimes challenging to get an appointment for monitoring at an ideal time
~$3,000 for medications
did not get to that stage

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Ditkoff] explained what the reasons were for our fertility issues and provided clear courses of options, taking into consideration our personal views and beliefs. He didn’t push diets or special vitamins as other specialists did...The medications were adjusted every other cycle based on how I responded or didn’t. After an early miscarriage (less than 10weeks) he changed the entire protocol and we began injectible medications with progesterone to assist with maintaining the pregnancy.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained what the reasons were for our fertility issues and provided clear courses of options, taking into consideration our personal views and beliefs. He didn’t push diets or special vitamins as other specialists did.
Ask questions. If you don’t ask, they won’t know you have a question about the treatment, diagnosis or any other questions you may have
He listened to our concerns about the medications, protocols and investment of time, energy and money into the processes
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center.
She explained all of the medications, how to use them and the procedures. Including why we were doing them. When I was uncomfortable with a replacement nurse, she removed her from the rotation of nurses I saw.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Appointments were easy to make, early ones were a little more difficult, but they always worked with me. The call backs for test results were immediate and clear. If I had any questions, upsets or other, the nurse calling had compassion and understanding. Overall, they were truly compassionate about everything
We spent around $25,000 all together on medications and procedures, including all consultations and appointments. This was over the course of 3 years using IUI with injectibles.

2013 - 2015
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My cycles with him [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.... He explained what he knew well and made sure I was comfortable before procedures. He was not warm and patient when I had miscarriages. He did not offer any further steps as far as embry testing or any further blood testing.
2013 - 2015
European, Black or African-American, Other
IUI, IVF
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
I would say to ask a lot of questions.
He spoke with me in person and was familiar with my medical history
My cycles with him were typical ivf. He didn’t offer anything like embryo testing or donor eggs or sperm or anything when I had miscarriages or unsuccessful transfers.
I had a different nurse most of the time for each visit. Most of them were warm kind and compassionate and answered my questions to the best of the abilities. They are also great at returning calls.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nursing staff for sure. There’s hardly anything I would change about them except to maybe see the same one every visit. For the doctors, I wish that they would offer further testing or possibilities as far as miscarriage reasons or unsuccessful embryo transfers. I feel like a doctor or nurse should always be learning in their field and I don’t think they were.
The three IUI cycles I don’t remember the cost. I know my insurance covered most of the cost of the Chlomid. For the ivf, we purchased two cycles around $6000, plus the cost of medications and needles, which was around $4000.
He preferred to transfer no more than two at once.
LATHAM

The doctor [Dr. Ditkoff] is very knowledgeable and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is blunt, which may not be for everyone. I felt like he knew what was the best treatment for me and that was most important. I wish that I had been able to do my actual egg retrieval with him, as he was the first doctor I saw when I came to the clinic. ... The doctor took the time to meet with me and explain everything in detail. He has replied to my questions promptly.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
The doctor is very knowledgeable and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is blunt, which may not be for everyone. I felt like he knew what was the best treatment for me and that was most important. I wish that I had been able to do my actual egg retrieval with him, as he was the first doctor I saw when I came to the clinic.
He isn’t all warm and fuzzy, but he knows what he’s doing!
I did Gonal/Menopur high dose, along with Cetrotide and double Lupron trigger. Since my AMH is fairly high, he wanted to avoid OHSS (which I did avoid).
The nurses were all very nice and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It’s inexpensive, compared to other clinics. The doctors are very knowledgeable and responsive. You do have to stay on top of some things, such as scripts and results. But overall my experience has been good so far. I do hope that they don’t take too many new patients on, causing a lack of availability for current patients.
$3900 for full cycle $700 for embryo biopsy $850 for monitoring (most covered by insurance) $2100 for PGT-A testing $300 for meds (co-pays)
LATHAM

Dr. Ditkoff is very blunt and has minimal bedside manner. He's not mean or rude, just to the point and no chit chat...Dr. Ditkoff is straight to the point, no chit chat, all facts and gameplan. He's quick and likes to get the job done efficiently. It seems that he has a lot going on in his head re: patient plans that he doesn't share and I wish he did like his reasoning for specific protocols.... Be prepared for no nonsense and straight face. A little akward at times as well.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
The nurses at CNY are busy and sometimes a little rude over the phone. They do seem overworked and a little scatterbrained. I wish we were able to deal with one or two nurses every time versus somebody new with every communication. Little things have slipped through the cracks because of this.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is much more affordable than most fertility clinics in the states. That's the big strength. The downside is that it takes a LONG time to get a consult with them and their nursing staff can be overwhelmed . The doctors do seem to take a one size fits all approach to protocol unless you advocate aggressively for your case.
$4500 for IVF (monitoring for retrieval and retrieval).
LATHAM

so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number [with Dr. Edward Ditkoff]...If you’re looking for warm and fuzzy, this isn’t the doctor for you. He’s super knowledgeable and a good doctor but he’ll tell you straight up facts, no sugar coating, no cheering squad. He is a man of few words that gets procedures done efficiently and effectively. You either love him for his candid approach or hate him for lack of bedside manner.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be ready to get the facts; if you can’t handle the facts get a different doctor.
He is very favtual and to the point, so sometimes you feel like a human but other times you feel like a number.
The nursing staff is phenomenal! The silver lining here is that at CNY, you don’t deal with the doctors every day so you interact mostly with the wonderful nurses.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is an amazing clinic with fantastic nurses and doctors. They’re super busy though, so you have to be your own best advocate. If something seems off don’t be afraid to speak up. They do their best to make sure everyone feels like they’re the only patient, but with the amount of people that use CNY and many bring travel patients, there will be issues, so you need to roll with the punches.
I’m a travel patient so I monitored elsewhere.
IVF was $3900 which included FETs for a year, embryo storage for a year, ICSI and egg retrieval
LATHAM

[Dr. Edward Ditkoff is] pleasant friendly and have good knowledge of the industry. you can turn to him for advise. the whole clinic in albany seems to put his advise first. he remembers previous conversations with you even if a year has gone by... 1st retrieval, he recommended fet. my 2nd retrieval didn’t go well. all 3 embryos arrested before the blast. dr. ditkoff now has me on a priming protocol to try to help me have eggs with more quality next cycle.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
make sure you are prepared with questions as all doctors are busy.
he took his time to speak with me regarding my condition
the whole medical team is very educatued in their field. they are nice and very pleasant. they are available 24hrs a day should you have any questions. i’m an out patient. they are always on time when i need to hear about my results or medical treatments from them.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
very clean place. it feels like a spa which is a good idea because it takes away the stress and really helps you relax. i felt very call during all my retievals and transfers. they are also very on time with their schedule. you won’t be waiting long there.
costs are fair. within market.
they don’t tell me what to do, it’s ultimately my decisions. but they will tell me the risk of having twins if we transfer 2 embryos.
LATHAM

Dr. Ditkoff was very friendly the one time I met him. Because of their busy schedule I frequently see and refer questions to the nursing staff. We are currently in our second IUI cycle. Speaking with Dr Ditkoff helped us make the decision to continue IUI after our failed first cycle. Dr. Ditkoff spoke with me over the phone and reviewed our test results and his best suggestion moving forward.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Ditkoff was very approachable and easy to talk to. He offered us very clear advice using our medical history. I do with we could see and meet with the doctor more regularly but understand he has a very busy add demanding schedule.
Be patient. Ask questions, even if you're embarrassed. Be very honest and candid.
My husband and I completed one IUI cycle using lotrozole. After a failed result, we consulted with the doctor to determine our next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
The nursing team is kind and caring. They are approachable and comforting.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is well organized and clean. The desk staff are friendly and welcoming. There are numerous services offered, both medical and holistic. The clinic is able to accommodate both male and female infertility problems.
We had to pay approximately $1,000 out of pocket for an IUI cycle.
SYRACUSE

Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] took into consideration my health conditions and spoke to me like a person and that my thoughts and ideas on treatment mattered...Have only met him on our first consultation but he was fantastic. He helped me and my husband understand the positive and negative for each type of treatment and the risks involved so we were able to make an informed decision...
European, Native American, Other
Immunological, Unexplained
Ask many questions.
He took into consideration my health conditions and spoke to me like a person and that my thoughts and ideas on treatment mattered
The nursing staff at this location are fantastic. They help you through each stage of treatment, help you tweak medicines and wotk with you if the medicines don't work. They help you tailor the plan to you or specific health needs. Everyone is friendly and kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Wonderful clinic. The front desk staff are polite and friendly, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The clinic is very easy to get to with tons of parking. Sometimes the office can be chilly even in the summer you might need a sweater
We are lucky and after the first two IUI cycles, we hit our insurance deductible so costs have been low. Even out of pocket, the costs are very affordable and the office will work with you on paying.
LATHAM

While he [Dr. Ditkoff] was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.... Estrogen Priming Protocol: omnitrope, estrace IVF: Gonal F, Centrotide, omnitrope
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
While he was informative, he was not an encouraging person throughout the process. When our cycle didn't work, we didn't hear from him to discuss other options. So he did give us a lot of initial information, which was helpful, but then he basically disappeared when we began the process. Then, when it didn't work, he never followed up.
Be prepared with lots of questions because he is knowledgeable, but then also be prepared to have to contact him because he won't contact you.
He spent a lot of time explaining our options
About $3,000 for medicine
Did not get there

2014 - 2017
Dr.Ditkoff is a very warm and friendly doctor. The first time I met him I felt very comfortable with him during our first consultation. He is very thorough with all his tests and blood work. He repeated test that my OB had done and discovered things that she thought were minor to be slightly major. He is open and receptive to ideas and plans of action...Was on 5mg of Clomid for 2 cycles with Dr.Ditkoff (had 2 cycles with my OB). 5mg of Letrozole for 4 IUI's. 100mg of Endometrine once a day. Last IUI cycle Crinone 8% gel twice a day. Novarel shot 10,000 units. All 5 IUI cycles.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to speak to him about all your fears, thoughts and any questions or concerns you may have.
Every member of the nursing staff that I have come in contact with have always been extremely friendly, informative and compassionate. I have never had a single bad experience there and they always insure that you are comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The entire time I have gone there I have never had a bad experience. They offer so many other extras on top of fertility treatment including Massages, acupuncture and yoga to name a few.
$325 per IUI, $150 for each round of IUI meds, not sure about all the ultra sounds and blood work.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I only had phone consult and protocol given by dr Ditkoff. I never spoke to him again during treatment. The nurses called to give me updates and i was under the impression that everything was smooth. I was given a standard protocol for my age, i assume.... I was on 350 gonal f and 150 menopur for 8 days. I ended up with 7 eggs but only 2 were mature enough for fertilization and both made it to day 3 embryos.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He is very blunt
I felt like a human because ny questions were answered. The nurses gave good information
The nursing staff was great. I was alone for my transfer and they made me feel welcome. They explained everything well.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinics strengths are compassionate, they answered questions swiftly and made me feel welcome. The weaknesses are that they dont really discuss all the options you can use such as acupuncture and massage
3900 for ivf procedure. Additional fee for outside monitoring and financing.
None. I haven't transferred yet because I ended up losing my insurance and job right in the middle of cycle. I still had insurance to complete it thank goodness.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Ditkoff] took time to meet with me and explain things... He was friendly compassionate and helpful. I always felt like he described procedures right away and our treatment plans or options well. He offered answers to my questions and even offered to find my left ovary if the nurses couldn’t... He offered IUI or ivf. Our insurance doesn’t cover either. So I chose the cheaper one of course and less treatments. But in the end I should have done ivf because of my endometriosis
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Don’t hesitate to ask for him if needed
He took time to meet with me and explain things
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My nurse Mary was amazing we always coordinated a plan of care and she was always willing to answer my questions
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic with Mary self care options like acupuncture and massage. Always willing to answer questions and always a phone call away. I would recommend this place to anyone. Most staff was friendly and happy
My insurance doesn’t cover infertility but they have great payment plans and very accommodating. Good prices too
LATHAM

He [Dr. Ditkoff] looked at my age and past fertility results, this led him to direct my current care...He was personable and used humor in the akward moments...He was always pleasant and helpful. I wish he was a little more forward with telling me sooner to put 2 embryos in for IVF, but that’s next. I felt like he gave ya hope so that was nice to have. He took the time to ask us about our professional life and stressors we might have.
Keep asking questions
He was personable and used humor in the akward moments
He looked at my age and past fertility results, this led him to direct my current care
Friendly and helpful, made me feel super comfortable
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I like the clinic friendly cozy atmosphere and staff are great. I love the onsite spa and the reception area is cozy and inviting. I like the free waiting room massages, that’s a nice benefit while you wait.
Less than we thought until we got to the out of pocket. Fertility should be 100% covered by insurance
If one doesn’t work suggest 2 and let patient decide from there

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Ditkoff] is honest and knowledgeable and makes sure you gave a full understanding of everything before every procedure. He has a sense of humor and makes the process easier. We wouldn’t want anyone else to guide us through this journey.... He’s honest and up front and shows interest in his patients. He’s thorough with explaining all procedures.... They [CNY- Albany] are friendly and they are able to get you in and out quickly during your appointment so that you can carry on with your “regular” life.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is honest and knowledgeable and makes sure you gave a full understanding of everything before every procedure. He has a sense of humor and makes the process easier. We wouldn’t want anyone else to guide us through this journey.
Absorb everything he says.
They are friendly and always remember you when you come in. They are knowledgeable and do everything they can to make you comfortable.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are easy to reach by phone. There’s always someone to answer questions. They can fit you in for appointments quickly and they are prompt with test results and follow up. They are friendly and they are able to get you in and out quickly during your appointment so that you can carry on with your “regular” life.

IUI, 2 IVF
Dr Ditkoff always has answered my many questions and always has a course of action for the next attempt(s). He's very patient and helps you understand the process. He has a great bedside manner but isn't afraid to get down to business.... I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be honest. Ask questions.
Dr Ditkoff always made sure I fully understood everything. I felt like he was on my side and genuinely wanted us to be pregnant as well. He has a great sense of humor too, which helped break the tension.
I've had a few amazing nurses there that are my favorite. I'm a travel patient now so, I only get to see Stacy and Kimmie for the procedures and they are amazing.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Ask questions, look over your meds and instructions to make sure everything is there. Order all prescriptions in advance (set reminders on your phone to order) Progesterone in oil is needed up to 6 days before transfer (depending on how many days your embryos are)
Very affordable
LATHAM

I have PCOS. He [Dr. Edward Ditkoff] recommended a full check of mine and my husband. That included a dye test for me, bloodwork for both and a sperm check for my husband. We then decided on an IUI...He was kind, compassionate and very empathetic. He fully listened to our concerns and what we wanted in terms of treatment. He clearly explained our options and what we could expect. He followed through on the plan and we ended up with our sweet baby!
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Come with a list of questions. He will take the time to answer them all!
I have PCOS. He recommended a full check of mine and my husband. That included a dye test for me, bloodwork for both and a sperm check for my husband. We then decided on an IUI
They were beyond kind and supportive at every visit. They answered all of my questions and treated me with respect and love.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Organized staff, beautiful building and atmosphere. Quick appointments as needed. Excellent follow up. Even supported our emotional health. They offer yoga for free! Massage and acupuncture are available. Truly no weaknesses!
Insurance covered almost all of our treatment.
LATHAM
He [Dr. Ditkoff] is Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. He Adjusted the treatment plan as needed. He also Ultimately leaves decisions up to the patient. We Left our consult feeling very optimistic about our treatment plan. We felt like we were in very good hands. ... Have all your questions written down so you don’t forget them ... Caring and personable ... If you forget anything they [CNY Fertility Center] have a patient portal which you can use to send them messages.
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He is Very knowledgeable, informative, and personable. He Adjusted the treatment plan as needed. He also Ultimately leaves decisions up to the patient. We Left our consult feeling very optimistic about our treatment plan. We felt like we were in very good hands.
Have all your questions written down so you don’t forget them
Caring and personable
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is a very comfortable & welcoming clinic. It can all be very overwhelming, especially if you are traveling to get here, so I would suggesting writing down any questions or concerns you may need answered. If you forget anything they have a patient portal which you can use to send them messages. Very easy!

1 IVF, Surrogacy
He [Dr Ditkoff] was friendly, funny and kind. He explained the procedure in a way we would understand. He respected our decision on how many embryos we wanted to transfer, while also explaining the risks. We were glad he was with us on the day of transfer. ... If someone with a sense of humor about something that is serious would not work for you and your partner I would recommend another doctor. ... He used humor to make everyone feel comfortable, he seemed as excited as we were.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
He was friendly, funny and kind. He explained the procedure in a way we would understand. He respected our decision on how many embryos we wanted to transfer, while also explaining the risks. We were glad he was with us on the day of transfer.
Most of the nursing staff was kind and empathetic.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic feels like you are entering a spa. There is a lot you have to take responsibility for or it will not get done. The doctors and nurses are all great. One weakness was they did not help find monitoring out of town.
Dr. D explained the risk of transferring multiple embryos, but also respected our decision to transfer two.
LATHAM

Great doctor [Dr. Ditkoff] and very u seratanding. ... He is outgoing and lively ... We went to him back in July of last year and the iui did not take. Hownever, we are thinking about going back to try it again if our finances will allows us to ... He was not pushy with the medication route either oral or injection. ... You were a patient not a number ... The staff is amazing, comfortable and easy going. ... I would recommend that office all the time
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Great doctor and very u seratanding. He was not pushy with the medication route either oral or injection. We went to him back in July of last year and the iui did not take. Hownever, we are thinking about going back to try it again if our finances will allows us to
He is outgoing and lively
You were a patient not a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca NP)
Outgoing, fun, compassionate, educational
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
As soon as you walked into the facility it was warm with amazing lighting. The staff is amazing, comfortable and easy going. There are nowaekness at all with new patients and everything is wonderful. I would recommend that office all the time
LATHAM
He [Dr. Ditkoff] is not very comforting. More straight forward ... He was nice, but not that friendly. Sometimes I felt like just another in his vast sea of patients. I did not love his bedside manner. It felt like he was talking to me like a child sometimes and like I didn't know anything about what was happening with the process. ... Did an antagonist IVF cycle with my own eggs. ... Be strong in your requests
How was your experience with Edward Ditkoff at CNY Fertility Center?
Be strong in your requests
He is not very comforting. More straight forward
Did an antagonist IVF cycle with my own eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
They were very friendly and patient
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Great price and fairly good communication. Have to be more assertive about your wants and make sure you get what you need. Again, I don't know why I need to use 200 characters. This character limit is silly. I am writing just to get to move to the next question.
I did remote monitoring with this clinic so I do not know.
$3,900 for IVF plus $150 cycle management.
Not sure