Edward Illions

Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolThomas Jefferson
Denver, CO 80238
Colorado Springs
4125 Briargate Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Illions to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO) to a friend?
2011
He [Dr Edward Illions] remembered my husband and I from visit to visit and would refer to details from previous visits. He was personable to put us at ease and even responded to my husband's mild joking at times. He answered my questions thoroughly and was responsive through their electronic contact system as well. He honored my attempts to keep things natural and less invasive at first though we needed to try a few approaches before having success.
2011
How was your experience with Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
He remembered my husband and I from visit to visit and would refer to details from previous visits. He was personable to put us at ease and even responded to my husband's mild joking at times. He answered my questions thoroughly and was responsive through their electronic contact system as well. He honored my attempts to keep things natural and less invasive at first though we needed to try a few approaches before having success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
Push for alternatives if you're uncomfortable with anything. He seemed flexible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
He was attentive to us and didn't seem rushed, but the office was a bit lax with specific directions or expectations sometimes. I feel like they forgot some people were there for the first time and didn't know what to expect and what to ask.
Describe the protocols Edward Illions used in your cycles at Montefiore Medical Center and their degree of success.
Started with monitoring ovulation, testing hormones, and treatment for slightly high prolactin levels, and a scraping of my lining, then IUI, escalated to Clomid and more IUIs, then we were on our way to IVF, but I didn't have enough follicles to make it worth it so we did an IUI last minute and I got pregnant and carried that baby to term.
Very nice, but they were a bit lax with specific directions sometimes. I feel like they forgot some people were there for the first time and didn't know what to expect and what to ask. The educational class was helpful, but there were a couple of appointments where I was surprised by the length or a procedure I needed.
Describe your experience with Montefiore Medical Center.
Appointments were fairly easy to book, but I did see other doctors sometimes and their students (but I never minded and they were all very nice). The front desk was ok, a bit vague at times about status of appointments and wait times. Billing was mostly smooth, but I felt like I filled out a lot of the same info over and over again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center.
I don't remember specifics except that I only had enough health insurance coverage for one round of IVF and then we would have paid out of pocket. I think each IUI cycle was about $1,200.
What specific things went wrong at Montefiore Medical Center?
Edward Illions