Edward Illions

Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)

Doctor available by email
Denver, CO 80238
Colorado Springs
4125 Briargate Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Illions to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO) to a friend?
He [Dr. Illions] took the time to ask questions and understand my case. When my wife and I arrived for our first visit, he was on time, and had read my complete file, reviewed all of the records i had sent over, and had a suggested course of treatment. He has been 100% invested with each step alongside of us...personally called me even after the resident had called to explain we would put the cycle on hold. He explained why we needed to wait, and gave me the timeline for when to call back and reschedule another lab.
How was your experience with Edward Illions at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
The initial conversation I had was by phone-- he called back the same day I contacted the clinic to discuss my case ( I was coming from another fertility clinic). He took the time to ask questions and understand my case. When my wife and I arrived for our first visit, he was on time, and had read my complete file, reviewed all of the records i had sent over, and had a suggested course of treatment. He has been 100% invested with each step alongside of us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Illions at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
If you have seen other doctors, send everything in advance. If you do your part, he will reciprocate 100%. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but also expect honest answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Illions at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)?
Dr. Illions take the time at each appointment to discuss the treatment, and answer all of my questions patiently, even when they are ridiculous (can i ride a motorcycle in the days following an IUI?). He also calls back rather than having someone else on staff. He remembers both of our names each time we are in the clinic and has a kind demeanor without feeling artificial.
Describe the protocols Edward Illions used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO) and their degree of success.
We came to the clinic having had all of the testing done elsewhere, but no actual treatment. We were able to begin our treatment the following week. According to the battery of tests, there were no known fertility issues, we just needed the sperm and insemination. Dr. Illions sent in an RX for ovidrel, but no other drugs since the testing didn't show anything that would cause us to believe it would be the first course of action. After three IUI's, Dr. Illions suggested beginning a medicated cycle. We got hung up on thyroid levels as we began the 4th cycle. Dr. Illions personally called me even after the resident had called to explain we would put the cycle on hold. He explained why we needed to wait, and gave me the timeline for when to call back and reschedule another lab.
The RNs are just okay here. The other nursing staff does the labs, and are generally present during the IUI. The nurses are utilized more as teachers-- they meet with you after ultrasounds to tell you when to trigger. They are understandably less invested in individual patients, but my last meeting with a nurse felt like she hadn't read any of my chart. They aren't bad, just ok.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
The clinic itself is no frills because it is part of the University system, so it isn't as fancy as a private clinic, and doesn't have the same personalized attention. That being said, We have had an easy time scheduling because they have appointments seven days a week, and are available early mornings, which makes this entire process easier while trying to jam appointments alongside a full time job. The billing is through the university, so they are less likely, in my experience, to try and push things through insurance to try to get them covered, when they don't think they will be. Their prices changed this spring, which went into effect immediately, and now I am afraid of price fluctuation, but it was only the one time. Overall- I would recommend the clinic without any hesitation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Illions at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
We didn't do labs here, but wish we had-- it is, we now know, far less than at private clinics. Consult:$250 Infectious Disease $159 Ultrasound: $210 Semen analysis/day of prep: $239 Insemination: $75 Psych council (required): $250
Describe Edward Illions's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).
Edward Illions
Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO)
Colorado Springs

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Illions at Advanced Reproductive Medicine (U of CO).

2011
He [Dr Edward Illions] remembered my husband and I from visit to visit and would refer to details from previous visits. He was personable to put us at ease and even responded to my husband's mild joking at times. He answered my questions thoroughly and was responsive through their electronic contact system as well. He honored my attempts to keep things natural and less invasive at first though we needed to try a few approaches before having success.
2011
How was your experience with Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
He remembered my husband and I from visit to visit and would refer to details from previous visits. He was personable to put us at ease and even responded to my husband's mild joking at times. He answered my questions thoroughly and was responsive through their electronic contact system as well. He honored my attempts to keep things natural and less invasive at first though we needed to try a few approaches before having success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
Push for alternatives if you're uncomfortable with anything. He seemed flexible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center?
He was attentive to us and didn't seem rushed, but the office was a bit lax with specific directions or expectations sometimes. I feel like they forgot some people were there for the first time and didn't know what to expect and what to ask.
Describe the protocols Edward Illions used in your cycles at Montefiore Medical Center and their degree of success.
Started with monitoring ovulation, testing hormones, and treatment for slightly high prolactin levels, and a scraping of my lining, then IUI, escalated to Clomid and more IUIs, then we were on our way to IVF, but I didn't have enough follicles to make it worth it so we did an IUI last minute and I got pregnant and carried that baby to term.
Very nice, but they were a bit lax with specific directions sometimes. I feel like they forgot some people were there for the first time and didn't know what to expect and what to ask. The educational class was helpful, but there were a couple of appointments where I was surprised by the length or a procedure I needed.
Describe your experience with Montefiore Medical Center.
Appointments were fairly easy to book, but I did see other doctors sometimes and their students (but I never minded and they were all very nice). The front desk was ok, a bit vague at times about status of appointments and wait times. Billing was mostly smooth, but I felt like I filled out a lot of the same info over and over again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center.
I don't remember specifics except that I only had enough health insurance coverage for one round of IVF and then we would have paid out of pocket. I think each IUI cycle was about $1,200.
What specific things went wrong at Montefiore Medical Center?
Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Illions at Montefiore Medical Center.