Edward Moore

Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)

Not available by email
Medical SchoolMed U. of S. Carolina
ResidencyWestern Penn Hosp
FellowshipMagee Womens UPMC
1410 Blanding St Ste 205,
Columbia,, SC 29201
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Moore to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED) to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
2007 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other
Dr. Moore first addressed the cause of our infertility. I had a Bicornuate uterus that was also completely separated into two uterine cavities. I also had PCOS, fibroids and was of “advanced maternal age”. He did a few reconstructive surgeries to open my uterus as much as he could to give baby room to grow and survive. After I healed, we started Clomid to see how my eggs would react. We did IUI with no pregnancy resulting. Next we moved on to injectible hormones, ultrasounds of my follicles, IUI and use of progesterone suppositories. We did eventually get pregnant with twins, but lost them in our second trimester. We tried again with the same methods and eventually got pregnant again on our 7th try.
2007 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
His bedside manner was lacking and he was a bit odd, but came highly recommend from various GYN’s and friends. He was very intelligent and I trusted his decision making. He performed several surgeries on me to give me the absolute best outcome possible. Of the available fertility doctors in my area at that time, he is the one I would recommend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
Don't let his bedside manner scare you away. He is blunt and matter of fact about things, but he is compassionate and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
Dr. Moore had a smaller practice and did not do IVF in his office, but worked with a partner office when IVF treatment was needed. He was a peculiar person who was very blunt, but- he knew what he was doing and didn’t recommend over the top treatment.
Describe the protocols Edward Moore used in your cycles at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED) and their degree of success.
They were very supportive during our ups and downs. I felt comfortable that they were properly executing Dr. Moore’s treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).
The office itself was a bit old and outdated. Definitely not a fancy atmosphere. They had everything needed to do their work, but this was a no-frills kind of place. He was the only doctor at the practice and had just a few staff members.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).
Our insurance did not cover any costs associated with our infertility. As I recall, we spent about 2-5 thousand dollars each cycle depending on what medications we were using. Every ultrasound, every clinic visit, every test, every medication was paid for OOP.
Edward Moore
Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).

I felt that he [Dr. Edward Moore] did not communicate with me throughout the process and did not follow through with concerns that he said he would address. I was not forthcoming with information that would have been helpful earlier in the process. His lack of communication hampered my progress moving forward. I also felt he did not explore all options that were available to me but this is more likely due to his lack of experience.
European, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He lacks experience that will likely improve over time. I felt that he did not communicate with me throughout the process and did not follow through with concerns that he said he would address. I was not forthcoming with information that would have been helpful earlier in the process. His lack of communication hampered my progress moving forward. I also felt he did not explore all options that were available to me but this is more likely due to his lack of experience. However, he could have consulted with other more experienced doctors and come up with a better plan. Initially, he seemed to be very knowledgeable but as time went on I began to realize that the advice he was providing was not sound advice based on evidence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Ask about alternatives.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I did not feel that he kept in touch with me as I would have expected along the process.
Describe the protocols Edward Moore used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I am unclear exactly what treatment strategies he employed because he never explained that aspect. He initially recommended IUI even though this was not based on any sound evidence.
Nursing staff were fine.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinic did not have a warm atmosphere when you walked through the door. It is in an old remolded pharmacy. I felt I was not treated as an individual but as a number. The waiting room was not very inviting and usually had to wait for a while to be seen. They did not communicate with me when I reached out as I sent several emails but have not received an answer to my questions yet. The clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I am unable to recall the costs.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Columbia

He [Dr. Moore] was very nice. The consultant went as I expected. It was over very fast. It wasn't worth the $200 that I paid to set in his office for 5 minutes to have my heart broken. Even though he was nice about what he was saying. I was still a little disappointed. I would have like to get more options for what me and my husband can do to have a child....Knowing that he won't allow me to chance my life made me feel that he really cared about me more than about making a dollar.
He was very nice. The consultant went as I expected. It was over very fast. It wasn't worth the $200 that I paid to set in his office for 5 minutes to have my heart broken. Even though he was nice about what he was saying. I was still a little disappointed. I would have like to get more options for what me and my husband can do to have a child.
Take all past medical history with you. Make sure you are mentally ready for this.
He was very honest and about my options. I had heard before that it may not be safe for me to carry a child again. Knowing that he won't allow me to chance my life made me feel that he really cared about me more than about making a dollar. I felt he understands how important it is for us but wants us to make the best decision possible.
I haven't gotten to any treatments yet. I am still trying to find a person to care our baby.
The staff was very nice. They made me feel at ease. They were help in anwsering any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everything that I saw the clinic seem to flow well. They really make you feel like the facility is the best place to get help with starting a family. You can feel the love and positive energy through the halls.
I only went for a consultation and the price was a little costly for 5 mins.
Describe Edward Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I would have to insist on a multiple embryo transfer. For better results
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

[Dr. Edward Moore] Offered other treatments but believes strongly in IVF...Seemed to prefer multiple embryo transfer...Explained everything in great detail, in terms that we could understand...Was available as needed, made sure to explain things thoroughly, drew pictures for us to understand. Made us completely comfortable. Let us know his predicted opinion up front but made sure to always confirm or change them based on test results.
He is readily available to start a cycle so make sure you're ready.
Explained everything in great detail, in terms that we could understand.
Offered other treatments but believes strongly in IVF.
Always answered the phone in a timely manner, always answered questions or readily found the answer.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
All I saw was strengths, I didn't see any weaknesses in this clinic. They understand the importance of making you feel comfortable. Very clean clinic with a nice feel and look. There was no long wait time.
Seemed to prefer multiple embryo transfer.
Columbia

Very informative, and made sure I knew all the benefits and the risks , he [Dr. Moore] even checked me after my fail if cycle, and also offered us alternative! Very very compassionate human being! It was a very emotional experience for me, and I was extremely disappointed I was not able to give my husband a child, but he made me feel we should not give up, I can always try again!... Very patient and caring the whole the staff!
Very informative, and made sure I knew all the benefits and the risks , he even checked me after my fail if cycle, and also offered us alternative! Very very compassionate human being! It was a very emotional experience for me, and I was extremely disappointed I was not able to give my husband a child, but he made me feel we should not give up, I can always try again!
Listen to his advice
Very patient and caring the whole the staff!
Uncertain
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They was very caring and nurturing
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They're very informative, and helpful, I just wished they had local offices in my town, the traveling did take a toll on me with all the hormone changes and the updated and downs of it all , would have loved to have everything done at one location
Uncertain anymore