5.8

Western Penn Hosp
Magee Womens UPMC

nurse available by email
Edward Moore works at

Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)
Neutral: 100%7

1410 Blanding St Ste 205
Columbia, SC 29201

I felt that he [Dr. Edward Moore] did not communicate with me throughout the process and did not follow through with concerns that he said he would address. I was not forthcoming with information that would have been helpful earlier in the process. His lack of communication hampered my progress moving forward. I also felt he did not explore all options that were available to me but this is more likely due to his lack of experience.
Clinic [PREG- Columbia] did not have a warm atmosphere when you walked through the door. It is in an old remolded pharmacy. I felt I was not treated as an individual but as a number. The waiting room was not very inviting and usually had to wait for a while to be seen. They did not communicate with me when I reached out as I sent several emails but have not received an answer to my questions yet. The clinic
How was your experience with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He lacks experience that will likely improve over time. I felt that he did not communicate with me throughout the process and did not follow through with concerns that he said he would address. I was not forthcoming with information that would have been helpful earlier in the process. His lack of communication hampered my progress moving forward. I also felt he did not explore all options that were available to me but this is more likely due to his lack of experience. However, he could have consulted with other more experienced doctors and come up with a better plan. Initially, he seemed to be very knowledgeable but as time went on I began to realize that the advice he was providing was not sound advice based on evidence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Ask about alternatives.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I did not feel that he kept in touch with me as I would have expected along the process.
Describe the protocols Edward Moore used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I am unclear exactly what treatment strategies he employed because he never explained that aspect. He initially recommended IUI even though this was not based on any sound evidence.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Nursing staff were fine.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinic did not have a warm atmosphere when you walked through the door. It is in an old remolded pharmacy. I felt I was not treated as an individual but as a number. The waiting room was not very inviting and usually had to wait for a while to be seen. They did not communicate with me when I reached out as I sent several emails but have not received an answer to my questions yet. The clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I am unable to recall the costs.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinic did not communicate and failed to reschedule when requested.
Edward Moore
Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group
2014 - 2015, Consult
The strength of Dr.Moore is that he was very blunt and to the point...insinuating that my weight was a huge factor. I have prior conceived at the same weight so I know that is not a contributing factor in this situation...I was humiliated for my weight and shamed for wanting what every woman who is trying to conceive dreams of...treated like a slob...
build a tough skin if you are on the heavier side. You know your body better than anyone so don’t be discouraged...They [Nursing staff at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] were nice and helpful...[Dr. Moore] was very blunt...I was humiliated for my weight and shamed for wanting what every woman who is trying to conceive dreams of.
The strength of Dr.Moore is that he was very blunt and to the point matter of factory insinuating that my weight was a huge factor. I have prior conceived at the same weight so I know that is not a contributing factor in this situation. I just wanted to be treated like a human being and instead I was treated like a slob who was unworthy of wanting conception with my husband.
To build a tough skin if you are on the heavier side. You know your body better than anyone so don’t be discouraged.
In order to be considered a human you have to speak to people with dignity and respect. I was humiliated for my weight and shamed for wanting what every woman who is trying to conceive dreams of.
I was prescribed clomid for 3 cycles nine worked. I did ovulate however did not get pregnant. I can’t really remember any other protocol other than him telling me to try the SMEP plan.
They were nice and helpful. It wasn’t really anything to brag about as you should have some customer service skills when entering the building.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: blunt and honest Weaknesses: people are humans and have feelings we already feel less than having to come here but to be degraded due to weight is another low blow. If you are a new patient have a thick skin, make sure you have tried everything you can think of and utilize this opportunity as a means of desperation.
I honestly do not remember if I’m not mistaken the first appointment was around $350 and clomid was pretty inexpensive. I do remember having to have blood drawn and other testing which may be why it was so much
Describe Edward Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
we did not discuss this option at the time.
Edward Moore