6.1

Western Penn Hosp
Magee Womens UPMC

not available by email
Edward Moore works at

Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)
Neutral: 100%7

Columbia
1410 Blanding St Ste 205
Columbia, SC 29201

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2007 - 2012
Dr. Moore first addressed the cause of our infertility. I had a Bicornuate uterus that was also completely separated into two uterine cavities. I also had PCOS, fibroids and was of “advanced maternal age”. He did a few reconstructive surgeries to open my uterus as much as he could to give baby room to grow and survive. After I healed, we started Clomid to see how my eggs would react. We did IUI with no pregnancy resulting. Next we moved on to injectible hormones, ultrasounds of my follicles, IUI and use of progesterone suppositories. We did eventually get pregnant with twins, but lost them in our second trimester. We tried again with the same methods and eventually got pregnant again on our 7th try.
The office [Carolina Center for Fertility- Columbia] itself was a bit old and outdated. Definitely not a fancy atmosphere. They had everything needed to do their work, but this was a no-frills kind of place. He was the only doctor at the practice and had just a few staff members.... Dr. Moore had a smaller practice and did not do IVF in his office, but worked with a partner office when IVF treatment was needed. He was a peculiar person who was very blunt, but- he knew what he was doing and didn’t recommend over the top treatment.
How was your experience with Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
His bedside manner was lacking and he was a bit odd, but came highly recommend from various GYN’s and friends. He was very intelligent and I trusted his decision making. He performed several surgeries on me to give me the absolute best outcome possible. Of the available fertility doctors in my area at that time, he is the one I would recommend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
Don't let his bedside manner scare you away. He is blunt and matter of fact about things, but he is compassionate and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)?
Describe the protocols Edward Moore used in your cycles at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).
They were very supportive during our ups and downs. I felt comfortable that they were properly executing Dr. Moore’s treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).
The office itself was a bit old and outdated. Definitely not a fancy atmosphere. They had everything needed to do their work, but this was a no-frills kind of place. He was the only doctor at the practice and had just a few staff members.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Moore at Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED).
Our insurance did not cover any costs associated with our infertility. As I recall, we spent about 2-5 thousand dollars each cycle depending on what medications we were using. Every ultrasound, every clinic visit, every test, every medication was paid for OOP.
Edward Moore
Carolina Center for Fertility (CLOSED)
Columbia