Medical SchoolCornell
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
115 East 57th St
NYC, NY 10022
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Nejat to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generation Next Fertility to a friend?
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Nejat has an impeccable bedside manner. He seems to remember the small details about you and always makes your questions feel welcome and thoughtfully answered...He was very diligent at tracking and changing the course of my IUI as needed (e.g., he allowed us to come in early for the insemination procedure after addressing my concerns regarding the time between the Ovidrel trigger shot and the procedure
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is a fantastic doctor. He was very diligent at tracking and changing the course of my IUI as needed (e.g., he allowed us to come in early for the insemination procedure after addressing my concerns regarding the time between the Ovidrel trigger shot and the procedure, and he also explained the timeframe for the egg traveling down the fallopian tube to help me understand the timing). For my most recent consultation regarding IVF, he thoughtfully went through the expected process including showing us a slide show of egg development and hatching. He offered multiple breaks in this discussion for us to ask questions and to check we understood everything. He is generally a warm and empathic doctor! I have recommended him to a friend who now sees him also.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
If you have to wait to begin as one of his patients he is well worth the wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Generation Next Fertility and their degree of success.
We stimulated with 50mg of Clomid, rather than a higher dose as I usually ovulate on my own. We used Ovidrel to trigger ovulation at day 14 based on the size of two follicles (both 19mm) and slight indication on blood work that my LH levels were rising. Although not standard practice at his clinic, he offered us two inseminations in response to my request (we ended up only going with one).
Nursing staff were pleasant enough and called back within 2-hours if I had questions. The one who gave the trigger shot in office seemed a little hesitant, like she may have been new at this.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Scheduling abilities and easily accessible monitoring hours on weekday mornings and Saturdays, however the first-come-first serve nature of this lends itself to lengthy wait times. Also, it's impressive that you can make a consultation appt with Dr. Nejat within one week timeframe even though he is a busy doctor. The online portal with blood and ultrasound results makes it easy and quick to get results and is extremely helpful for tracking what happened if you have treatment over multiple cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility.
Other than a copay of $40 for each visit including monitoring and $88 for Ovidrel shot (which was cheaper than the pharmacy, Freedom Pharmacy, that they send prescriptions to), costs were covered by my insurance
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generation Next Fertility.
No comments
2014 - 2018
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Nejat always treated me with respect and kindness...He has excellent bedside manner and is always calm and gentle...for the most part kept in touch via email and always explained any questions I had about medication or procedures...I felt he was experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I did not receive the results that I wanted. After years of working with him I am questioning if more could have been done to ensure that I did not go through 2 miscarriages, though I’m not positive that more could have been done.
2014 - 2018
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat is very kind and compassionate. I felt he was experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I did not receive the results that I wanted. After years of working with him I am questioning if more could have been done to ensure that I did not go through 2 miscarriages, though I’m not positive that more could have been done. Dr. Nejat for the most part kept in touch via email and always explained any questions I had about medication or procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Request that all diagnostic tests be done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat always treated me with respect and kindness. He always asked about my students or how my school year was going. He has excellent bedside manner and is always calm and gentle.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
When I went to Dr. Nejat I wanted to try to complete an Ivf cycle as naturally as possible. He adhered to my wishes and we did several low dose Ivf cycles with Femara and injectables. We were able to successfully retrieve 3 eggs during a cycle that was used only injectables. The fresh transfer failed, one embryo arrested and the last embryo was transferred during a FET. This resulted in pregnancy, but I miscarried at 7/8 weeks. We continued on with another injectables low dose cycle which resulted in an unsuccessful retrieval. We decided to move on to a fully medicated cycle. This was the least successful, all 7 eggs arrested by day 3. We moved onto a donor cycle with a known donor. We were able to get 5 mediocre quality embryos from that cycle. The fresh transfer failed. We found out I had an endometrial infection from a biopsy that was then treated with 3 weeks of antibiotics. The following FET transfer worked, but resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We have two low quality embryos remaining that we will transfer by the end of the year.
I followed Dr. Nejat from one clinic to another. When I first began working with him the nurses were phenomenal. They were kind and compassionate, completely on the ball and easy to communicate with. By the time I left Neway the nursing staff had gone through several overhauls and some of them were very inexperienced.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The staff is courteous. When I last visited Neway the nursing staff was new and the donor department was inexperienced. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to coordinating a donor cycle. The nurse in charge did not seem to have a deep knowledge of how to make the cycle as smooth as possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Waiting to get blood drawn was never a long wait. Waiting for ultrasounds could take over an hour if you didn’t go early enough.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Neway Medical.
I live in a mandated state so most treatment and medication was covered up until now. I had to pay $5,000 for donor screening, $1,000 a year for storage fees, and $15 copay for monitoring visits.
Describe Edward Nejat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Nejat left this decision up to us, which I was completely comfortable with.
Neway Medical
He [Dr. Edward Nejat] stated that he didn’t want to take an aggressive approach because he felt that I wouldn’t produce enough eggs due to my age. I was given centrotide for three days at the end of the cycle. Day 11 was retrieval, three day embryo transfer...was patient, had excellent bed side manner and was available via telephone when needed...I felt that Dr. Nejat at times would forget a test that needed to be done. For example when I started fertility meds, he assumed that I already had a Sonohysterogram. When I told him I never even heard of the test, it was scheduled immediately due to it being a required test before an IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Nejat strength was his bed side manner. How available he was, I consider a strength and a weakness. My fertility treatment started with Dr. Nejat and I was pretty anxious through the process. Dr. Nejat always made himself available to talk even during off peak hours. However, I felt that Dr. Nejat at times would forget a test that needed to be done. For example when I started fertility meds, he assumed that I already had a Sonohysterogram. When I told him I never even heard of the test, it was scheduled immediately due to it being a required test before an IVF cycle. I know that it is difficult for Doctors to remember everything with each patient. There should be someone ( Nurse ) maybe checking off all the boxes. I think it can be overwhelming for A Doctor to have so much control for each patient. As you can tell I was extremely comfortable with this Doctor, but i don’t think he Performed all the test that was needed to Properly diagnosis me. After an unsuccessful IVF. I switched to a different Doctor and was diagnosis with Hydrosalphinx and endometriosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you do your own research and it does help to talk to other people who have gone through it , but I understand that IVF is a private matter. So research online and see what other people are diagnosis with. Make sure ask yor Doctor about your montioring results and learn what they are looking for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Mr. Nejat was patient, had excellent bed side manner and was available via telephone when needed.
Describe the protocols Edward Nejat used in your cycles at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on the estrogen patch about a week before my period. I started follistim 150 and Clomid 50 mg on day three of my period. He stated that he didn’t want to take an aggressive approach because he felt that I wouldn’t produce enough eggs due to my age. I was given centrotide for three days at the end of the cycle. Day 11 was retrieval, three day embryo transfer.
There were many nurses there, but the one who was the most supportive was the one who would draw my blood. It’s hard to explain , but it was little things like coming to the room the day of the transfer to ask us if we needed time to say a prayer before we got started.
Describe your experience with Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
The finance department was disorganized. Claims and bills were not submitted in a timely manner. I would constantly call to ask questions and sometimes I involved the Doctor. The receptionist made sure he knew every patient by their name.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring was pretty smooth. Can’t complain.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Nejat at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine.
It cost about 8,000.
What specific things went wrong at Manhattan Reproductive Medicine?
Manhattan Reproductive Medicine
2014 - 2017
Dr. nejat was easy to get in touch with (very on top of his email communication) he really considered my medical history and family dynamic and schedule and we decided on treatments and timing TOGETHER.... Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr nejat was very calm, patient, and explained everything when i had questions. his bedside manner was excellent and i really appreciated it. my most important thing in a doctor was one who could really understand my personal situation and tailor the protocol to my needs. i felt at ease and safe under his care and he really took time for us which boosted our confidence.there were certain tests that i had done at hte clinic with a different doctor just before i saw him that im glad he didnt make me repeat. on the flip side, having moved on to another clinic because he left hte practice, i wish he would have requested clearance from my other specialists (although he was aware of my medical history and it is very minor things. maybe we could have gone over pgs/pgd more in depth to see if it was right for us
make sure that he pays as much attention to your other medical conditions as he does to working with your preferences and circumstance
1 cycle clomid 1 cycle letrozole- switched to letrozole to minimize reaction to side effects as well as personal exposure based on family history with cancer in relatives who did fertility treatments 1 cycle letrozole with iui to try and increase chance of pregnancy after this IVF was recomended bec of my age and the length of time since my last pregnancy . mild stimulation to produce minimal eggs and therefore retreival without anesthesia was recomended to limit my exposure to drugs based on family history. we tried to prep for a cycle several times and as yet have not been able to see one thru, mostly bec of logisits not medically related
not always receiving a response to phone calls in timely fashion from nurses. they were all friendly and professionaly and nice and took the to show me how to use injections and make sure i was comfortable with it
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
reception staff are top rate. they know your name even as you are just walking in the door. they answer questions quickly by phone and email and are very welcoming and direct you pleasantly within the center. billing department was fine. only thing is that they didnt know that i would need auth for iui injection meds seperate from the auth for iui and i had to pay for the meds out of pocket. also they dont send out their bills in timely fashion, lastly, when we were preparing to start ivf they didnt go over hte fees and benefits with us in detail to show us the exact costs we would be responsible for. while they did go over our general benefits at hte beginning of our time at hte clinic, after i switched to the new clinic was the first time the fees were laid out for me and we need to postpone it again until we can afford it
procedure before ivf 95% covered by insurance. frozen sperm less than $1000 out of pocket includes one year storage. yearly storage fee maybe slight high. already mentioned previously that they failed to get a sep preauth for meds for iui and to thouroughly review detailed ivf costs
was happy with his suggestion of eset
Neway Medical
He [Dr. Nejat] was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn...My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.”
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He was extremely compassionate and willing to answer all questions. He was always concerned with me as a human not just as a reproductive challenge. He never made me feel rushed. He also showed an impressive capacity and willingness to listen and learn. When I showed him research about a procedure I had concerns about, he read it and told me he would adjust his use of it going forward. My one and only criticism was that sometimes when I had a concern that required a detailed understanding of the science behind something (like the use of one drug over another) he didn’t want to get into that detail with me. His standard answer in those instances was always “I’m not worried about that.” I’m a person who does a lot of research and wanted to understand for myself whether I should or should not worry about something. At the end of the day, I never felt like he always steered me in the right direction and made the best decisions he could with the information available and gave me truly excellent care. I never doubted the quality of care and I really trusted him.
Know he has your best interests at heart and that he really will answer with all details and the science behind his decisions if you explicitly push him to tell you that level of detail.
He clearly cared about me and my experience under his care. He was always kind and when I admitted to struggling emotionally with the process he gently offered infertility support group references without being pushy about it. He also always seemed interested in me as a person and remembered details about my life from one session to the next. He was also always willing to answer as many questions as I wanted to ask.
We used Letrozole in all but one IUI cycle because of my PCOS diagnosis and I responded well to it. The one time we tried Clomid (after my first or second negative pregnancy test), it thinned my lining too much so we went back to Clomid. Dr. Nejat always tried to support my natural cycle as much as possible. When I asked to go on Progesterone after each IUI he prescribed it without challenging me. When I asked to go on Metformin for my PCOS after my 6th IUI (and first chemical pregnancy) he also agreed without challenging me. He gave me lower doses of injectable hormones in the lead up to my egg retrieval to protect me from hyper stimulation (though I ended up hyper stimulated anyway). The egg retrieval, fertilization process and transfer went off without a hitch!
They were so responsive! And always very competent. And almost all of them were very warm and extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that this clinic offers a range of treatment options and respects the natural cycles of your body, trying to support it rather than manhandle it. But they also can throw all hormones and control tools if necessary.
My insurance covered the IUI so not sure about those costs. The egg retrieval was $8000 not counting medicine and checkups. The transfer was $4000 not counting meds or checkups.
Because I was 36 with no major fertility complications, he preferred doing a single transfer to avoid a multiple pregnancy. I agreed.
2 IUI, IVF
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
As stated before, Dr. Nejat has the right bedside manner for this area of medicine. He listens, he cares and he has a more natural approach than other doctors. He isn't as eager to pump you up with fertility medicines, which I appreciated. But after two failed IUI attempts, he didn't really offer us another course of action. He seemed to be winging it more than planning a protocol for us. I don't know if this is because of our diagnosis and our bad numbers, but I felt like I was approaching him about different options I had learned about that other women with my condition were trying instead of him approaching me about them. I wish he were a little more aggressive at the end.
I think that if you are seeing Dr. Nejat and are nervous about treatments, he is a great doctor to go to. I think if you've already been in treatments and you want an aggressive doctor, he may not be the right match. He will certainly do things within your comfort zone and doesn't seem to say no either though, so I would just say that if you need some handholding, he is the right person.
Dr. Nejat has a really soft and sweet bedside manner. He was really kind to us and is a very good listener. I think this approach worked well for us towards the first half of our diagnosis because we (especially me) wanted someone who was listening to my doubts, fears, concerns and would answer all of my questions. He was also willing to work with me with diminished ovarian reserve, which not many doctors will. But at the end of the day, it felt like I was approaching him with new ideas of things to try versus the other way around. I don't know if that's because of my diagnosis and he didn't think it would work or if he was too passive. I ultimately don't know all of the choices, so preferred someone who would give me more options and give us the choice to decide.
We basically did natural cycle IUIs with Dr. Nejat. Each time (there were only 2) we used an HCG trigger shot. He put me on an estrogen patch for a week or two to try to lower my FSH levels because I wasn't producing any eggs, but that was suggested by me after doing some research. He didn't think it could help or hurt, so he had me try it. He was a bit more passive in this respect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I was cc'd on emails to the entire nursing staff but along the way it seemed I was supposed to be assigned to Jennifer. Can't really recall why I felt that way now, but that seems to be the case. In any case, she was okay. Pretty average nursing coordinator. I had to borrow some medications from this clinic twice for my IUIs because they didn't get pre-authorization on time, so that wasn't great. I then had to return my medications to them and they were a bit rough with me about when I was supposed to do that. I do not recommend doing this to anyone, by the way. If you are starting a protocol, make sure you get your pre-auth right away because it takes a bit of time to get the meds (pre-auth takes 48 hours) and I didn't know this. So my IUIs were always planned within the week and I had to run around to get the right medications to trigger. I had to borrow from them because I didn't have them on time. That was messy and not professional. I think many clinics do this, but I would strongly advise against it if you can help it.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is well kept, clean and modern-looking. There is not much space in the exam rooms which can be a little uncomfortable when speaking with the doctor because they are sitting right in front of your feet after the exam. The exam rooms also always have this blaring 90s pop music on and at 7-8am when you are there for monitoring or right before a procedure, it seems like the last thing you want to listen to. The ultrasound tech, Lisa, is really sweet but she needs more experience. She didn't seem to really know what she was looking at 1-2x that I saw her. She got better with time. The overall wait is okay - takes no time to get your blood work but about 30-40 minutes to get the ultrasound done.
covered by insurance
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Nejat is an extremely skilled and kind doctor. He is decisive and intelligent. He is always positive and caring to patients. He is perfect for someone beginning their IVF journey but I am unable to see him any longer because he will not treat immune issues...Takes the time during monitoring to actually listen to you and talk to you. Incredibly patient and answers every stupid question you ask. Doesn't give the sense of looking for success rates, rather what will be best for the patient.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He is a great doctor. Get an appointment with him right away.
One of the nicest, caring drs I have ever met. Takes the time during monitoring to actually listen to you and talk to you. Incredibly patient and answers every stupid question you ask. Doesn't give the sense of looking for success rates, rather what will be best for the patient.
Cycle 1: Mild IVF with Tamoxifen, 150 Gonal-F, lead to 21 eggs, 6 embryos Cycle 2: Mild IVF with Letrozole, 150 Gonal-F, 16 eggs, 2 embryos Cycle 3: standard IVF with lupron, 75 Menopur, 250 Gonal-F, 21 eggs, 3 embryos Cycle 4: standard IVF with no lupron, 75 meopur, 175 - 125 Gonal-F, 20 eggs, 2 embryos
most are very young, but friendly, understanding, and careful.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is a small clinic, so you get personalized attention, the Drs do you ultrasounds personally, the team (even receptionists) get to know you. The Drs really listen and prescribe something uniquely for you. If a protocol has worked in the past, they are willing to work with it, but may suggest something else. They are not crazy about doing PGD for everyone. If Dr Nejat doesn't work out for you, it's easy to switch to Dr Luk. One annoying part of this clinic is billing, who would call me on Saturdays about a bill due 6 months ago that they never bothered sending to me any other way, and would ask for CC information that day, over the phone. (I declined to do so, and paid in person)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
7:30 - 9:30am, they had growing spurts where waits would be extremely long, but they resolved that. The Dr never made you feel rushed during the ultrasounds. patiently answered all questions
IVF $6,000- $8,000. Transfer $4,000. anesthesia is by outside specialist and would always cost $600 and they would not try to run through insurance.
Neway Medical
Dr. Nejat initially seemed like the perfect doctor for us. He's kind, articulate, and has a very soothing bedside manner. But ultimately, that soothing quality didn't really work for us - we prefer blunt assessments, lots of detailed information, and someone who can articulate exactly what the treatment strategy is and why. So after my wife's failed IUI with Dr. Nejat, we switched to Dr. Luk (also at Neway). I certainly don't blame him for the failure, since the odds of success were very long, but we prefer Dr. Luk's more energetic and engaged style.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat would be great for a patient who doesn't want to micromanage every aspect of their treatment. If you're comfortable putting yourself into his hands, his attentive but relaxed demeanor might be a great fit for you.
Dr. Nejat makes a real effort to be kind and warm. He has a very calm demeanor, and is very responsive to patients. We certainly didn't feel like just a number around him.
The IUI was a first attempt at fertility treatments. Dr. Nejat prescribed my wife clomiphene citrate, which she responded well to. However, as my wife was already 39 years old, the chances of an IUI succeeding were very, very small. Dr. Nejat made this clear going in, so we were prepared when she ultimately had a negative result.
We had a varied experience with the nursing staff. Some of the nurses were fantastic - responsive, smart, and organized. Unfortunately, there seems to be a high turnover at Neway, so at several points we found ourselves assigned a new nurse who was uninformed and disengaged. It's been a frustrating experience. Hopefully the staffing issues will be resolved soon.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The wonderful thing about a small clinic like Neway is that you feel treated like a person, not just a number. We've had an excellent experience with the billing department, and some (though certainly not all) of the nurses. Both doctors (Dr. Nejat and Dr. Luk) are visible and available, which I gather is not necessarily the case in larger clinics. I would definitely recommend Neway to those who would like a more personal approach to their treatment.
Our IUI cost $800. That price has almost certainly gone up in the past year.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr.Nejat was kind, caring, and very attentive. He listened to my concerns and questions and always addressed them. Even when we disagreed, I always felt respected. He is a wonderful doctor and human being...Ask questions. Email him, he always responds. He can tend to forget your particular details since he has so many patients so remind him.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
Dr. Nejat is a brilliant and caring doctor. Being a naturally skeptical person, I always had a lot of doubts about his recommendations but he was proven right every single time. Over time this built trust and respect. I will absolutely go to him for a second child!
He suggested for us 3 IUIs followed by IVF. He was confident that we would be pregnant with IUI but we needed IVF. He used an antagonist protocol with us since I have an above average AMH, but no PCOS. It turned out to be perfect since we got a healthy retreival of 16 eggs and 8 blastocysts, which for my age of 35 is pretty decent. We transferred two and are 3 months pregnant with a singleton.
They were great. Punctual with instructions and lab results. Young and cheerful.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is small, with a lot of patients. Monitoring can take up time so be prepared. If using the subway to get there, be prepared to walk some. Better use a car for egg retreivals and transfers. Sometimes you will not see your doctor but the other doctor in the practice. This was a bit disconcerting at times but I suppose unavoidable.
An IVF cycle with monitoring, retreival and fresh transfer costs $8900 as of February 2016. An FET costs $3200.
6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Although I thought Dr. Nejat was a truly caring and lovely individual, I would not recommend him as an RE. At the time of the retrieval, my AMH was very high for my age. Dr. Nejat assured me that I would retrieve many eggs as there were greater than 25 follicles on my first ultrasound. However, he only retrieved 13 eggs and out of 13, only 6 were mature! Dr. Nejat admitted he was shocked at my poor results. In retrospect, I believe he should have placed me on higher doses of medications in order to stimulate growth of the many smaller follicles.
6 Eggs Frozen
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
I chose this doctor because I was given a discounted rate through eggbanx. However, if I were to freeze again I would see a higher rated RE at a top facility such as NYU or RMA NJ.
Dr. Nejat was very compassionate and attentive. He sat down with me for over an hour and proceeded to answer, in detail, all of the questions I had about the egg freezing process. I really appreciated his genuine interest in my care.
Antagonist protocol. 225 gonal F and 75 menopur. Ganirelix on day 4 onward.
The nursing staff was generally kind and supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
RE was ill prepared to handle my case which, at the time, was very straightforward! I would not recommend him to friends. Beware of the billing department---they mismanaged my funds and were not very friendly or accessible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Monitoring apts were well orchestrated by Dr. Nejat and nursing.
6000 dollars for cycle through eggbanx and another 4000 for medication not covered by my insurance
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Nejat treats you like you are the only patient he's ever had, regardless of his busy waiting room. He makes every effort to make each visit personalized and conveys that the patient/doctor relationship is of utmost importance to him. He answered emails as late as 11pm, shortly after I would email him at 10pm. He is extremely accessible, caring and accommodating.... Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is fully invested in his patient's fertility journey. He is what all doctors should be in terms of compassion, empathy and bedside manner. He never rushes you out even though he is very busy. He is thoughtful, accessible and highly intelligent. Conversations with him are a two way street. While he values the patient's input, he was adamant about specific topics that he knows best. This provided me with the comfort that I had a voice but he was the expert I sought after. He truly cares about his patient's and their success.
Go to him!
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
It is a beautiful, upscale, clean, and well run office. From the front desk to the exam room. They were extremely timely and I was never waiting long. Everybody calls you by your first name there because they make an effort to know each patient personally. I always knew what the next steps were with same day phone calls and a very user friendly iphone app.
East Side
Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure...Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle...emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had...he seems through and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
Dr. Nejat is very very sweet. He is a good communicator most of the time. I had 3 appointments with another doctor in the practice one which was my iui and had no idea he wasn’t going to be the one doing that procedure. He’s done sis and 2 iui for me and he seems through and knowledgeable.
Be overly communicative and in touch with him or you get lost in the shuffle.
It’s definitly a factory (aka a very busy practice) they get you in and out. He’s very kind and emails back promptly any questions/concerns I’ve had. He is very kind. I still feel like one of many people getting the procedures and not super personal attention.
Estradiol to stimulate lining of uterus. Follistim to stimulate follicles. Clomid to stimulate egg production. Ovidrel to drop the egg before iui
Efficient, clean, nice, fast
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
Strengths of the clinic : fast, efficient, kind Weakness of the clinic : very busy and get lost in the shuffle if you aren’t careful. Anything else for others to know: be your own advocate and do your own research.
Iui was covered by my insurance as was the medications. I haven’t done ivf but that won’t be covered.
Don’t know never did this
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
East Side
Dr Nejat took the time to understand our situation and weigh the pros and cons of different treatment options, including cost, medical outcomes and how we would like to build our family.... He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples.
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Generation Next Fertility?
We met with a number of other fertility doctors, and Dr. Nejat was the only one who took the time to understand our situation and lay out a clear treatment plan. He made recommendations while also allowing room for us to make decisions about how we'd like to proceed at each step. He answered all of our questions with patience and always remembered that as as same-sex couple we have different considerations than straight couples. This was a unique experience. He is compassionate and has a good sense of humor.
Overall my experience was good, but I sometimes had to clarify instructions about when to take certain medications as the instructions were confusing.
Describe your experience with Generation Next Fertility.
The practice is relatively new so sometimes it feels that they are still working out the kinks. I have seen this improve each month so I feel confident it will continue to improve. You may have to manage communication proactively by calling and asking to speak to a nurse or doctor as they are not always responsive on email or in their portal.
What specific things went wrong at Generation Next Fertility?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Nejat has a wonderful bedside manner. He's kind and funny and listens carefully to my medical history and has patiently discussed all my questions. I felt like he has involved me in the process of choosing treatment plans. Also, I already have one child, and I sometimes feel a little uncertain about bringing her to a fertility clinic. But he has a natural way with kids and jokes with her and keeps her entertained, so when I do have to bring her to appointments it's a great experience all around...I think that in addition to having excellent bedside manner and being caring and supportive, he's a skilled and talented doctor. He has an optimistic attitude toward the fertility process, and I trust that he knows how to navigate his way through my fairly complex medical case and find an appropriate course.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
I think that in addition to having excellent bedside manner and being caring and supportive, he's a skilled and talented doctor. He has an optimistic attitude toward the fertility process, and I trust that he knows how to navigate his way through my fairly complex medical case and find an appropriate course. When I did get pregnant with a previous IVF cycle, he was genuinely thrilled at the success; unfortunately after two months it turned out that the pregnancy was not viable and we had to let it miscarry, and I found him to be sensitive and supportive through that experience as well.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Nejat] was very caring, and took my feelings into account, and that it was a difficult time...I do wish how he explained some things about infertility were clearer/broken down in terms that weren’t so complicated. And I do wish that when I could no longer afford and when it was clear that egg retrieval’s probably wouldn’t work for me that he offered other options that could still work/help prep my body, and not just go with adoption/egg donor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Nejat at Neway Medical?
He was a very nice, knowledable dr. Who took pride in helping women with their infertility. I do wish how he explained some things about infertility were clearer/broken down in terms that weren’t so complicated. And I do wish that when I could no longer afford and when it was clear that egg retrieval’s probably wouldn’t work for me that he offered other options that could still work/help prep my body, and not just go with adoption/egg donor.
Make sure you do your own research as well
He was very caring, and took my feelings into account, and that it was a difficult time.
They were nice for the most part, a few did have attitudes, as well as their communication with the dr and then to me, wasn’t always clear
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Very clean, structured, and knowledable in a scientific way. The place did have a coldness/ business like feel to it. If you are looking for more of a cozy warmth from the facility and not factory like, this wouldn’t be for you
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
I would go in everyone during their scheduled time, I mostly had short wait, when I got there early, but if I went later, the wait was longer.
Egg retrieval was not covered, my blood /sonogram tests were.