Good

Monterey
9833 Blue Larkspur Lane
Monterey, CA 93940

1 patient review filtered by:

We felt very prepared for the IVF cycle. All of our questions were answered and we truly felt that Dr. Ramirez cared and wanted the best for our family. He prayed with us, took his time with us and we felt valued. Our experience with IUI was different. The cycle was much less invasive but it just seemed more impersonal. Our IVF experience has been fantastic...We felt very prepared for the IVF cycle. All of our questions were answered and we truly felt that Dr. Ramirez cared and wanted the best for our family. He prayed with us, took his time with us and we felt valued. Our experience with IUI was different. The cycle was much less invasive but it just seemed more impersonal. Our IVF experience has been fantastic.
Scheduling appointments [at The Fertility and Gynecology Center] has been an easy process. The clinic works hard to work with you and your schedule. Every staff member is kind and willing to help. They have chocolate, coffee, water and tea in the waiting room. It's a warm environment...Her [nurse] compassion, dedication and true empathy for our family goes beyond what I could say in words. She has touched our lives and we will be forever grateful for how she has guided us, comforted us and assisted us in ways that speak volumes. She is a genuine, loving, kind soul and it has been a pleasure to know her.
How was your experience with Edward Ramirez at The Fertility and Gynecology Center?
We worked with Dr. Ramirez in 2015, when my wife conceived our son on our first IUI. I started working with Dr. Ramirez the end of 2016 and had 5 IUI's during the course of 2017. We had many heartaches in 2017. 1 ectopic pregnancy, 1 chemical pregnancy and 3 unsuccessful attempts. It was incredibly difficult for us. in 2018, we started the process for IVF and although it is invasive, our experience has been very positive. We are appreciative of everything Dr. Ramirez has done to help our family!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Ramirez at The Fertility and Gynecology Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions! It's not about statistics and numbers. It's about creating a family. Be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to say what you need. Dr. Ramirez is there to help you thru this process but you need to be honest with yourself about what you need, and also with Dr. Ramirez. It's an emotional journey. Try to take it all in and then come back with questions and the support you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Ramirez at The Fertility and Gynecology Center?
I think our experience has been very different going from consecutive IUI's to IVF. We felt very prepared for the IVF cycle. All of our questions were answered and we truly felt that Dr. Ramirez cared and wanted the best for our family. He prayed with us, took his time with us and we felt valued. Our experience with IUI was different. The cycle was much less invasive but it just seemed more impersonal. Our IVF experience has been fantastic.
Describe the protocols Edward Ramirez used in your cycles at The Fertility and Gynecology Center and their degree of success.
For my 5 attempts at IUI, I was on either Clomid or Femara. I had more success with Clomid. I was on the max dose of both the Clomid and Femara and if I remember correctly, I only produced 2, maybe 3, appropriate sized follicles each cycle. He was hoping for 3-4 per cycle. I'm currently in my first IVF cycle. The hyperstim process and egg retrieval went very well. I tolerated my med regimen without difficulty. The actual embryo transfer went very well and now we're in the wait period to find out if I'm pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility and Gynecology Center. (Assigned nurse: Elvira Garcia)
I don't think I could ever fully describe how incredibly grateful we are to Elvira. Her compassion, dedication and true empathy for our family goes beyond what I could say in words. She has touched our lives and we will be forever grateful for how she has guided us, comforted us and assisted us in ways that speak volumes. She is a genuine, loving, kind soul and it has been a pleasure to know her.
Describe your experience with The Fertility and Gynecology Center.
Scheduling appointments has been an easy process. The clinic works hard to work with you and your schedule. Every staff member is kind and willing to help. They have chocolate, coffee, water and tea in the waiting room. It's a warm environment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Ramirez at The Fertility and Gynecology Center.
None of our fertility costs were covered by insurance so it has been challenging for us, financially. We did apply for a health care loan, which Dr. Ramirez's office assisted us with, and have a very reasonable interest rate. Melissa is fun to work with (financial coordinator in the office) and the loan company has actually been very nice to work with as well.
Describe Edward Ramirez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility and Gynecology Center.
Dr. Ramirez left it up to us whether we wanted to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. In our case, we only had 1 viable embryo.
Edward Ramirez