Available by cell phone
Spartanburg
1330 Boiling Springs Rd.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864)-583-2669
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Tarnawa to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
Dr T [Tarnawa] is AMAZING. I suffered a previous miscarriage, and am a very “needy” and anxious patient. He takes time to explain everything in detail, and takes time to answer any questions and concerns you may have. He doesn’t sugar coat things and is very straight forward which I like, but has a very warm bedside manor.... At PREG, I only see Dr T as he is always in Columbia.
How was your experience with Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr T is AMAZING. I suffered a previous miscarriage, and am a very “needy” and anxious patient. He takes time to explain everything in detail, and takes time to answer any questions and concerns you may have. He doesn’t sugar coat things and is very straight forward which I like, but has a very warm bedside manor. He is very very intelligent and I completely trust his opinion in my treatment. I am currently pregnant from my first round of IVF. He is monitoring me very closely, and I feel as though I have the best doctor in Columbia. I went to another clinic in lexington that also had a location in Charleston. You have to rotate doctors there, or travel to see the same one. At PREG, I only see Dr T as he is always in Columbia.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Trust him!!! He knows what he is talking about!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr T takes time to understand the needs of his patient. He came to me highly recommended by a good friend, as she felt the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Vining)
Ashley is an angel. Seriously if I could give her the world I would! She takes so much time to personally make sure I am comfortable and communicated with. I have high anxiety and she has helped me tremendously with that through this IVF process.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Love this clinic! Organized, professional, clean, efficient. At PREG you are ALWAYS treated like a person and NEVER like a number. Everyone from the sweet lab tech, Ms Jenny, (I hate having blood drawn and she comforts me) to the nursing staff to the doctors are nothing short of amazing. If you live in the midlands area, I would 10/10 recommend PREG. Trust me-I’ve been to other clinics and this far surpasses that!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I opted to do IVF with genetic testing. I am not sure of the cost, but the genetic testing was worth the extra money to me due to my previous miscarriage.
Describe Edward Tarnawa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Single embryo transfer.
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

I think any doctor can cover the clinical matters, but Dr. T. [Edward Tarnawa] made a point of inquiring about helping me through an anticipated move several hours away. I also felt like I wasn't automatically written off as AMA and he didn't take for granted that another dr. had already performed a surgery (unsuccessfully) a month and a half before. He really listened to my symptoms and made a new plan for me. He took me off of meds that might do more harm than good.
European, Black or African-American
He was compassionate and caring, but also not afraid to consult with another physician to find the best path forward for me. I think I covered that in my previous answer and I really have no more to add. He was compassionate and caring, but also not afraid to consult with another physician to find the best path forward for me.
Come with your questions, even the ones that seem pretty silly or like something you think everyone else knows because he does a good job of explaining things on your level and adjusts very well to varying degrees of familiarity with certain topics.
I think any doctor can cover the clinical matters, but Dr. T. made a point of inquiring about helping me through an anticipated move several hours away. I also felt like I wasn't automatically written off as AMA and he didn't take for granted that another dr. had already performed a surgery (unsuccessfully) a month and a half before. He really listened to my symptoms and made a new plan for me. He took me off of meds that might do more harm than good.
Describe the protocols Edward Tarnawa used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
The strategy for me was an abdominal myomectomy after a failed hysterscopic myomectomy. He arrived at that treatment after a SHG and MRI showed at least 3 fibroids inside the uterine cavity. I have had 2 unmedicated cycles of lab work recently and previous records that indicate that I ovulate on my own. Having finally reached 12 weeks post-op, I can try to conceive naturally for 2-3 cycles before intervention.
Most of my interactions with the nurses have been over the phone. They are all remarkably kind and very knowledgeable. I see them as very much an extension of the drs there.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I would advise bew patients to meet with Holly, the financial advisor asap. She's incredibly thorough and managed to get everything I need to know for a surgery in hours so that I wouldn't have to worry about post op care interruptions due to insurance changes.
Columbia

Dr. Tarnawa has been very thorough with us in discussing each step along the path to pregnancy. ... My wife suffers from PCOS ... When he can tell we may be worried or concerned, he has been quick to provide positive support and words of encouragement. ... He is sharp, and I appreciate that he takes the time to fulling explain things to a point we understand them. ...
Dr. Tarnawa is a good communicator and he makes sure to explain not only the recommended course of treatment but also the reason that course of action was chosen. Dr. Tarnawa always provides us with a thorough explanation of the risks and benefits of the various choices facing us. He is sharp, and I appreciate that he takes the time to fulling explain things to a point we understand them.
I would just say the he is very busy and you won't see him at every visit, but rest assured he is involved/supervising every step of the way.
Dr. Tarnawa has been very thorough with us in discussing each step along the path to pregnancy. He made sure to put things into terms we could understand and he always answers the many questions we have for him. When he can tell we may be worried or concerned, he has been quick to provide positive support and words of encouragement.
My wife suffers from PCOS and does not have a regular cycle/doesn't ovulate on her own. Dr. Tarnawa examined her thoroughly and said that we could take medicine that would cause her to ovulate. He explained clomid and letrozole could both cause ovulation. He told us the positives and negatives of using each and allowed us to make the choice. We went with letrozole and after getting a base line reading of her follicle size, we completed a round of the medication and he began to measure her follicles shortly after to see the growth. He wanted a follicle to reach 20 mm. He also made sure to measure her endometrium to see its thickening. My wife's body responded and a follicle measured 20 mm so a trigger shot of ovidrel was administered. We then had an IUI, not the immediately falling day, but the day after that. The first time we discovered she did not ovulate. He increased the dosage amount of the letrozole for the second IUI attempt and followed the same procedure as before. This time she did ovulate and we home tested positive for pregnancy but it ultimately ended up being a chemical pregnancy. We followed the same procedure for our third IUI and got eleven weeks into a pregnancy but miscarried. We just completed our fourth IUI, again following the same procedure of taking letrozole, three 2.5 tablets per day for seven days, measuring follicle growth and endometrium response, doing a trigger shot after one follicle reaches 20mm or more, and the IUI a day and a half later.
All of the nurses are very welcoming. They greet with smiles and are quick to answer questions. Each nurse has a unique personality and is very good about being super supportive. They have made us laugh and smile and enjoy being there. They have become part of our family!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: Compassionate health care provided on a daily basis, thorough communication with patients, genuine concern for our success and feelings, always providing supportive words of encouragement. Weaknesses: Sometimes they can be disorganized and at times you may have to wait a little while passed your scheduled appointment time.
We have to pay for ultrasounds, blood draws, testing, semen analysis, IUIs, consultations, lab work.
We have not engaged in either of those.

IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Tarnawa always takes the time to explain everything throughly. ... He always takes time to explain everything in great detail. He does not "sugar coat" the negative side of treatments. ... He does most ultrasounds himself and explains what he is looking out during the scan. He only explains one step of the IVF process at a time. ... He explains the risk at each step of the process but he always gives an explanation of how is going to try to avoid any negative outcomes if possible.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Tarnawa always takes the time to explain everything throughly. I am a ob/gyn nurse and was afraid he was going to assume I already knew about IVF. I was wrong. He always takes time to explain everything in great detail. He does not "sugar coat" the negative side of treatments. He explains the risk at each step of the process but he always gives an explanation of how is going to try to avoid any negative outcomes if possible. He does most ultrasounds himself and explains what he is looking out during the scan. He only explains one step of the IVF process at a time. I am a planner therefore I wanted to know what was going on over the following few weeks. Looking back, I appreciate him taking things one step at a time as I feel that it helped me from becoming overwhelmed.
If there is anything you don't understand, ask! He is great at explaining things on a level you can understand. My husband has no medical background but always had a clear understanding of everything when we left PREG.
We always feel very welcomed while at PREG. From our first consultation, everyone knew us by name. We are always greeted with a smile and asked how things are going. Dr. Tarnawa spent over an hour at our first consultation getting to know us and our story up to that point. I have always felt that our care was personalized.
I don't remember the specific protocol but I do know we use to lupron trigger instead of a HCG trigger. We had 17 eggs at retrieval. 13 were fertilized. 6 made it to day 5 for cryopreservation. We are waiting for transfer at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
All nurses at PREG are very pleasant and helpful. If you ever have questions about anything there is a nursing voicemail you leave a message in and they will call you back the same day. One negative thing about nurse is she is sometimes delayed in doing things you need such as calling in a prescription.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It is easy to become overwhelmed when talking with the financial coordinators at PREG. They sometimes seem un-compassionate. I was given a big folder full of pamphlets to read and figure out how to pay for my treatment. It can be a bit confusing. Also, they do not give you actual cost until you have had a consultation and ultrasound so you are financially invested. One strength they have is everyone seems to work as a team. Everyone knew exactly where we were in our treatment. The lab staff was excellent and always eased by mind.
We do not have fertility coverage so everything was self pay. You must pay the say of your procedure, ultrasound, consultation, etc. The cost they quote you for IVF does not include medications. They give an estimate of what medication will cost. My medication cost more than the estimated amount. They give a breakdown of everything included in the cost of your treatment. Baseline ultrasounds are not included in the cost of IVF.
PREG gives specific guidelines on the number of embryos you can transfer. Typically one embryo is transfered first.
Columbia

Dr Tarnawa is a knowledgeable, kind, understanding, creative and flexible provider. He is through in his explanations and like to get to the bottom of things. He includes the patient in the treatment plan, giving me the option to wait longer to pursue an IUI.... I completed one round of Clomid for 5 days right after my period. Unfortunately my cycle was 42 days which was rare for me so I did have to come in for multiple ultrasounds along the way. I did end up with follicles that we’re mature and received and injection right before the IUI was completed.
European, Black or African-American
Dr Tarnawa is a knowledgeable, kind, understanding, creative and flexible provider. He is through in his explanations and like to get to the bottom of things. He includes the patient in the treatment plan, giving me the option to wait longer to pursue an IUI. His consultation was detailed and provided me and my husband with lots of information and educational material. I really felt comfortable around him and trusted his input and suggestions.
Be patient and flexible. Ask as many questions as you can to feel comfortable.
I felt that he was willing to be flexible and go the extra mile to see me, even though there are so many more women in my shoes
I completed one round of Clomid for 5 days right after my period. Unfortunately my cycle was 42 days which was rare for me so I did have to come in for multiple ultrasounds along the way. I did end up with follicles that we’re mature and received and injection right before the IUI was completed. The pregnancy test results were negative and when I came back in for the next cycle I had a large cyst so took a month break. I decided to take another month break with my schedule but plan on going back for my next cycle to try another attempt at IUI if I am not pregnant by then.
Friendly and compassionate. Made my experience exciting and fun!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
An in house nurse able to answer calls or call back as opposed to a nurse line that might be located in another city. More direction in the process of when to call and ovulation tests and when to order ovulation injections.
My deducatable had not been met so costs added up to about $700 for me to personally pay for the one IUi because of multiple ultrasounds
Not applicable

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr Tarnawa was the main doctor I saw and he is great. He did a great job with my medications and retrieval. He understands MRKH very well and I felt safe and that maybe one day I can be a mom. He was understanding to my questions and I never had to wait for any visits with him. He went over risk and outcomes very well.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
This practice is understanding and caring and treats you as a patient with helping your dreams come true one day even through the ups and downs.
I felt like a human because the staff has been so great with answering my questions. I saw Dr. Edward Tarnawa under Dr. Pynne. He has great bedside manner and I never thought I would ever get the chance to do IVF which is my only way of being a mom. That office has made it possible.
I was started on birth control and went through a 14 day cycle with Gonal F 375 and HCG 10 unties then it went to 20. Then we did cetrotide and triggered with lupron. We had great results with 22 eggs with 16 fertilized but only 2 made it to the blast stage to be frozen before we follow up with dr Payne for my serogent to get the all clear for transfer. I was explained all risk and had very few side effects and retrieval was very easy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie)
The nursing staff has been great at explaining and answering questions that I had after my appointments. She went over medications very well and we had no problems with that. I got responsives right away with any questions.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
To be honest they have no weaknesses other then I would have liked to get more updates on my embryos while they were growing. The staff was great and understanding. The appointments went well without much wait and the were prepared for your visit each time.
My retrieval was around 13,000 with medications and my transfer will be around 9,200.00 without medication cost added in yet.
I feel that since I only have two embryos that we could transfer the 2 because of cost and that this would be our only shot because of the high cost of transfer. Our transfer will be 9,200.00 alone and we have just paid about 13,000 for my meds and retrieval. I am hoping it works this one time.
Columbia

Dr. Tarnawa has always been very personable and caring. He is very easy to talk to and thoroughly describes everything. I have a retroverted uterus and my cervix is angled up so the IUI procedure was more difficult and took a little thinking outside of the box, using different flexible catheters.... I went to Dr. Tarnawa as a second opinion after working with an alternate fertility clinic. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility after all of my tests came back normal. This is now the fourth year I've been trying to conceive my first child.
Send staff to sensitivity training...
Dr. Tarawa has always been personable and caring. He has gone in to great detail when explaining everything, including care and procedures. I felt like some of the staff workibg with him were not as personable and at times made me feel like a number.
I went to Dr. Tarnawa as a second opinion after working with an alternate fertility clinic. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility after all of my tests came back normal. This is now the fourth year I've been trying to conceive my first child. Because of my small size I was started on 50 MG clomid before my first IUI. I was only producing 1-2 follicles so he increased my clomid to 100mg which prompted my body to produce a more follicles but still only 1-2 would continue to advance. After three clomid cycles, 2 being IUI cycles, i was still unable to conceive.
Overall the nursing staff were pleasant to work with. I had two occasions, with two different nurses, that I felt were upsetting. First, when I was checking out after my last ultrasound visit, I was given a time for my husband and I to come back for a semen retrieval and IUI. I asked the checkout nurse if there was another time available that day and the look she gave me was like, "are you serious!?" and she very loudly asked, "for your insemination procedure!?" There were several others in the lobby and I felt a little embarrassed. Also not sure why she felt the need to ask since of course that is what I'm referring to being my only scheduled appointment. The second time was during my second IUI. When I went for my first IUI I was never told to come with a full bladder and therefore the procedure was more difficult and painful. So I made sure to drink a glass of water and not use the restroom the second time around, obviously I would want the procedure to be as easy and painless as possible. So when they started the ultrasound the nurse assisting my usual nurse (who is great) kept asking if I really drank anything because my bladder was not full. It almost seemed like she was accusing me of lying. She then proceeded to berate me about it, pointing it out on the ultrasound and getting increasingly frustrated. So much so that i felt the tears welling upon my eyes. Luckily they left the room, to get me an entire bottle of water, so they did not see. In the end, the full bladder did not make much of a difference because of the positioning of my uterus and bend in my cervix.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall my experience has been pleasant. I do feel there was a communication disconnect on occasion. One nurse would tell me one thing, then another would tell me something different. I also scheduled an appt once and when I arrived they had no record that the appointment was made. What's funny is that was the only time I had them write my appointment date and time on a business card so I had proof that I had scheduled the appointment. I ended up waiting over an hour.
Every ultrasound visit I would pay around $100 out of pocket. I paid around $250 for each IUI out of pocket.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
We felt like family. He [Dr. Tarnawa] took his time and explained all of our options. He just didn’t give medical names of procedures but spoke to each one of them. He asked if there were questions that we had and he answered each one. My list was completely checked off....He makes sure that we have touch points each visit and updates us on the next steps. We enjoy that we get to see him each time we visit. He is an important person in our process and progress!
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He was very professional but personable. He was down to earth. It felt like we knew him for a long time. We explained to him our desires and he gave his perspective from a professional stand point. We discussed our past tests and he explained/recommended how we should move forward. He makes sure that we have touch points each visit and updates us on the next steps. We enjoy that we get to see him each time we visit. He is an important person in our process and progress! My husband loves that he’s a Cowboys fan but I won’t hold that against him.😊
Be honest. He doesn’t judge and needs all the correct information to help you make your dreams of being a parent a reality.
We felt like family. He took his time and explained all of our options. He just didn’t give medical names of procedures but spoke to each one of them. He asked if there were questions that we had and he answered each one. My list was completely checked off. 😊 He went the extra mile to make sure all our questions were answered.
We are still early in the process. We are having all the basic tests ran at the moment.
The nursing staff was friendly and funny. They were very complimentary. They welcomed me in the back and let me know what we were doing before we began.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We love this clinic! We enjoy my visits. The waiting area is always clean and inviting. The front desk staff is always welcoming and greet us with smiles. They are also very personable. It doesn’t feel like a doctors visit but a visit to a friends’. The people at the clinic get to know you personally. It doesn’t feel like you’re just a number. At least we didn’t. We are able to tell you about each person we’ve met there, not just their profession. We recommend PREG to our family and friends. If you have any problems, just let them know, they are quick to remedy any issues. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to ask.
We have incurred a cost of about 2000 thus far, we are still undergoing tests.
N/A yet

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Tarnawa was thorough and patient. He explained things well and never seemed to be rushing us out the door. He seems to be a genuine person who cares about his patients. His greatest weakness is that he left my clinic and moved to another state!... Dr. Tarnawa took a lot of time to talk to us from the beginning, and I felt like he always remembered our particular situation at each visit.... We did a freeze-all IVF cycle using Bravelle, Menopur, and Ganirelix injections.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Edward Tarnawa at Fertility Center of Dallas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Tarnawa at Fertility Center of Dallas?
I'd encourage any patient of any doctor to learn as much about their own situation as possible and ask any questions you have. Once you feel comfortable that you have all the information you need, trust Dr. Tarnawa to do the best he can to help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Tarnawa at Fertility Center of Dallas?
Describe the protocols Edward Tarnawa used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Dallas and their degree of success.
We did a freeze-all IVF cycle using Bravelle, Menopur, and Ganirelix injections. After egg retrieval, we did ICSI followed later by PGS testing of the embryos. This was all done because we were "unexplained" and didn't know where our problem was so we decided to do as much as we could to ensure this was the only retrieval cycle we'd have to do. When we did the frozen transfer I was on birth control, lupron injections, estrogen patches and PIO injections followed by suppositories. Our first and only cycle with Dr. Tarnawa was successful and resulted in the birth of our daughter.
The nursing staff was friendly and efficient. We typically saw the same person each time and she was always helpful in providing information or answering questions. The staff was small so sometimes things were a little rushed.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Dallas.
Dr. Tarnawa is no longer with this clinic so that is a weakness, but overall the clinic was good. It's relatively small so you see familiar faces each time, but that can also cause the staff to get backed up and rushed. The front desk staff and lab tech are all very friendly. The embryologist Dr. Zhang seems excellent and is helpful in answering any questions about your embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Tarnawa at Fertility Center of Dallas.
I don't recall specifics, but I believe that the total of everything from the egg retrieval, PGS, transfer, and medications came in around $25,000. We were completely out of pocket.
Fertility Center of Dallas
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Tarnawa at Fertility Center of Dallas.

Dr. EDWARD D. TARNAWA, M.D. is very compassion and shows that he is will to help us have a successful conception. During our visits, Dr. Tarnawa thoroughly discuss any abnormalities and make recommendations on successful ways to conceive. He also discussed the different methods such as IUI and IVF.... He’s very understanding and knowledgeable on the different procedures and options available for infertility issues
Dr. EDWARD D. TARNAWA, M.D. has personally dedicated his time to explain some of the pros and cons of not being able to reproduce but has encouraged us of options available. We have always received warm welcoming in this facility.
He just completed ultrasounds of my uterus and Fallopian tubes. He also completed a semen analysis on my husband.
The nurses at the faculty was very friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic provided me with a packet of information to complete before my appointment to provide them with information about the infertility issue. I fell like this is a strength on the behave because it gives them the opportunity to find out health history on their patients before pursuing options.
The cost we was informed with for the IVF was $12,000 for the procedure and another $5,000 for medication. Our insurance paid for the infertility screening only.
Columbia

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
I felt like Dr. Tarnawa listened to our needs and wants and didn’t question our decisions. He also gave us honest suggestions but gave us the ability to choose our treatment...He was easy to communicate with and easily accessible as well. We lived 2 hours from his office and felt that he respected our time given the travel we had to put into our treatment. He answered our questions and respected our decision to agressively pursue pregnancy.
Don’t be afraid to tell him your concerns or be embarrassed of your goals. He will fulfill them for you.
Bloodwork, ovulation observation, examination, x-ray and opening of Fallopian tubes, clomid, HCG, IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen was amazing. She shared her own experiences with infertility with me which gave me hope and a true human connection. She is a beautiful person and helped me in so many ways that she will never know.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Beautiful office, clean, friendly staff. We always felt calm even though we were going through such a stressful time. We loved that they offered seminars and educational opportunities internally. Everyone was very compassionate there making it a very pleasant experience even when we were not in the best of spirits.
Our insurance did not cover infertility. The staff was wonderful about explaining the charges and had a nice “cash” fee discount
Columbia

Dr. Tarnawa is a very kind and patient doctor. He took his time to explain the good and the bad of IVF treatment. I liked the fact he didn't look in a hurry or a rush to get through the appointment. He made me feel hopeful during the whole process. I felt relaxed and very comfortable with his care. I would gladly and graciously recommend Dr. Tarnawa to anyone needing infertility treatment.
Be yourself and listen to all he has to say.
He explained all possibilities and made sure I understood my treatment plan.
I used injectable hormones for my egg retrieval. They were used to help stimulate egg production and increase growth of the follicles. I had very good results and was very satisfied and excited.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
All the staff are wonderful. They greet you by name and make you feel part of the Preg family
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are organized and professional. You are not kept waiting for long periods of time. It is a very neat and clean facility. The staff is great and a pleasure to work with .There were no weakness that I can think of.
Since my insurance did not cover any of the treatment, it was all out of pocket for me. I know IVF was expensive, but it really threw me through a loop once I got into it. Don't know exact amount paid, but it was over $20,000.
The goal is to have a healthy baby. He recommends a single embryo transfer. I agree with the goals and trust his judgment.
Columbia

[Dr. Edward Tarnawa is] down to earth, patient, kind, but also direct and to the point. I t would have been helpful to meet with the finance person and the doctor together since the decision of which course of action to take was affected by out of pocket cost...did a great job explaining all the scientific medical things in a way we could understand. He even drew pictures! It was so helpful....he presented my best case scenario and did not hide the pros and cons.
come with questions.
Dr. Tarnwa did a great job explaining all the scientific medical things in a way we could understand. He even drew pictures! It was so helpful.
he presented my best case scenario and did not hide the pros and cons.
very nice. One of them talked to me a little too much about her personal experience with pregnancy issues. In her situation she ended up pregnant. This was upsetting since I am not sure if I will ever get pregnant and here is a nurse trying to tell me that 'it will happen' since it happened for her.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clean office!!!!! Polite, friendly and accommodating staff. They also have that new procedure called invo science. I was going to REACH in Charlotte first. When I found out they do not carry thiss ervice/procedure, i switched to PREG. They one of the few in the country that have it.
my insurance did not cover treatment so we paid out of pocket, However, their financial counselor provided us with all the alternative options.
Columbia

[Dr. Tarnawa was] Very knowledgeable, kind. Excellent job of explaining problems and treatments. Did not give false hope. Checked with primary physician as well to come up with best treatment plan. Very easy to work with- was understanding of my busy work schedule out of town and made lab draws and scheduling very easy. Answered all questions and never made me feel like I was taking too much time or bothering him.
Ask any and all questions you may have.
Very kind but matter of fact- did not give false hope
Currently trying clomid 75 mg on days 3-7 with ovidrel and iui
Very kind and caring. Knowledgeable and able to answer most questions. Easily accessible by phone
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clean, calm and quiet. Waiting room wellcared for. Exam rooms clean and well equipped. Have lab on site for sperm collection and evaluation. Can perform HSG and all procedures on site. Lab also available for lab draws.
HSG 600 Ultrasounds 190-220 Iui 475

Anovulation, Other
He [Dr. Tarnawa] reviewed my treatment and diagnosis at my previous clinic and was willing to explain my diagnosis in more detail than my previous RE and was open to hearing what my experience has been like and how I want to proceed. ... He was very attentive, engaged, and compassionate and I felt that he was really interested in why I was there and how he could help me.
Anovulation, Other
He reviewed my treatment and diagnosis at my previous clinic and was willing to explain my diagnosis in more detail than my previous RE and was open to hearing what my experience has been like and how I want to proceed.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or express concerns.
I haven't done any cycles with him but will do IVF if my current IUI fails.
The nurses were friendly and compassionate and made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is well run and they were very responsive to my appointment requests and able to get me in very soon and work with my limited availability. The clinic is clean and feels welcoming. I got any information I needed very quickly and they communicated with me very well.
No costs yet.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Very polite. Informative. But I’ve only seen him [Dr. Tarnawa] twice the whole 6 months I’ve been there. I would like to see him more and have more time to talk to him about my concerns. He is honest and realistic. ... immediately started IUI considering I tried letrozole with a previous doctor with no luck. I’ve done 2 IUI cycles with clomid and ovidrel. I do ovulate but can’t get pregnant ... My doc prefers one transfer
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Very polite. Informative. But I’ve only seen him twice the whole 6 months I’ve been there. I would like to see him more and have more time to talk to him about my concerns. He is honest and realistic.
Go in with no expectations
Staff is very nice and friendly
I immediately started IUI considering I tried letrozole with a previous doctor with no luck. I’ve done 2 IUI cycles with clomid and ovidrel. I do ovulate but can’t get pregnant
Very nice and fast. Organized and always returns phone calls. I never feel rushed.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinic is nice. Very organized. Clean. Get in and get out. The only downside is the financial counselor has not filed my insurance claims in a timely manner. They had me mixed up as far as self pay. Despite two calls, this hasn’t been fixed.
My cost hasn’t been exceptionally high. I’ve paid almost 1800 dollars out of pocket
My doc prefers one transfer but I feel it should be my choice. If I’m ok with multiples then I should make that decision. My body my choice.
Columbia

He [Dr. Edward Tarnawa] is such a genuine and understanding doctor. Very smart, he made us so confident about pregnancy which was something we had lost and thought never to be found again. He is the really deal. He will be the next big name in IVF treatment for the state of S.C... His knowledge and skill makes him good at what he does. Very intuitive and genuiley wants the same outcome as we do.
He is such a genuine and understanding doctor. Very smart, he made us so confident about pregnancy which was something we had lost and thought never to be found again. He is the really deal. He will be the next big name in IVF treatment for the state of S.C
Don’t waste your time going to anyone else but him. You won’t regret it.
His knowledge and skill makes him good at what he does. Very intuitive and genuiley wants the same outcome as we do. In my opinion, he will be the next big thing as IFV progresses, and will be sought out my many couples to come.
Great! Very well informed and always kept great contact.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Super nice and very warm and inviting for a situation all might not be comfortable with. From the check in to the check out they don’t miss a step. You are always informed and we sometimes felt we had the whole staff dedicated to us and only us, even though there were many other patients.
Columbia

[Dr. Tarnawa is] Very personanable and understanding. Always go above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and explains everything very well. When I leave his office I don’t have a question that hasn’t been answered for that visit.... Letrozole. 2 wand ultrasounds. Scheduled intercourse. And 2 weeks later pregnancy test... The front desk [PREG] knows my name right when I walk in. Holly is so sweet. Everyone always seems to be in a good mood and seriously loves their patients. Once again, never leave a appointment without my questions answered, specially when it comes to insurance.
You made a good choice
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
No weaknesses. Always calls and checks on me. The front desk knows my name right when I walk in. Holly is so sweet. Everyone always seems to be in a good mood and seriously loves their patients. Once again, never leave a appointment without my questions answered, specially when it comes to insurance.
Over $2000 for one year so far