Florida Fertility Institute

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
Tampa
4726 N Habana Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
813-993-9166
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Zbella to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Fertility Institute to a friend?
3 IUI, IVF
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Me and my significant other have had trouble conceiving so we decided it was time to find out why after having a bad experience with a prior doctor.after researching we decided to go with Dr Zella for fertility help. At our first meeting Dr Zbella had went through my history from precious medical records. He explained to me what he thought the issue was and why. It was decided IVF was the best route. He explained the entire process from beginning to end with every single detail. He answered all questions without hesitation. He did not give false hope. During our hour and a half meeting he never tried to rush us out the door. He took the time to listen to every single concern, issue and questions we had. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Trust the process. Never give up. Stay positive. Find a support group. You never have to go through the journey alone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr Zbella was explained the entire process and answered any question we had. He cut to the point and did not “beat around the bush”. He gave us hope!
Describe the protocols Edward Zbella used in your cycles at Florida Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Our treatment is IVF. His four step process included- Ovarian stimulation. used medication to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple follicles. Then monitored follicular growth by ultrasound to determine egg growth and uterine lining development. When appropriately matured a trigger shot of HCG is administered. Egg retrieval by ultrasound is performed in office. Sperm specimen is washed and prepared for insemination. The washed sleep is placed in a dish with the eggs and incubated for 18 hours. The embryos are observed for normal fertilization. The final step involves transferring embryos into the uterus via catheter through the cervix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff was very organized. Also friendly and compassionate. Very knowledgeable and willing to answer whatever questions. The only weakness is blood draw. I always got stuck several times.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Excellent service. The staff is patient care centered. Every visit the clinic has been extremely efficient and professional. Each person from the doctor all the way to the secretary demonstrates the upmost compassion. The office is very comforting. There are several sections to the waiting room which is nice for privacy. I have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get back into a room. The first time to a fertility clinic can be very overwhelming but the staff makes the experience so smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute.
The office had different financing companies that they worked with for fertility. All the cost was explained upfront. And the coordinator helped with the knowledge on how to receive financial assistance. 1 round of IVF was around $15,000
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Edward Zbella] gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.... He does not tell you things to make you feel good. He gives you realistic advice without false hope, which I liked.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
I had no issues. He gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.
My treatment seemed specific to my needs.
Menopur Follistim Lupron Trigger Shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
They struggled with taking my blood but otherwise I had no issues.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
You almost always stick to your scheduled appointment, so your time is not wasted.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Fertility Institute.
I could choose a time within a specific time range.
That depends on what my insurance covers and what it doesn't.
Describe Edward Zbella's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Fertility Institute.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Fertility Institute?
Clewarwater
Dr. Zbella was just perfect. He was professional, took time to discuss our concerns and overall made my dream come true...They were absolutely amazing. I had gone to 2 other RE Doctors and this practice was warm and the staff were simply amazing. They answered my questions, they called to check on me and they were patient with all of my questions and concerns...
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Go to Dr. Zbella first before you try the other more advertised agencies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie and Andrea )
Charlie and Andrea were the best. They called us to check in, they made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. When Andrea said she would call - she called. That is so nice to have reliable people to speak with when going through a new process.
23k