Nurse available by email
727-796-7705
4728 N Habana Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
813-993-9166
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Edward Zbella to a friend?
9.8

9.8

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Fertility Institute to a friend?
Dr Zbella made me feel at ease, I had seen a few other doctors and they made me nervous. He took the time to ge to know me and my husband and didn't jump straight to talking money. He welcomed us with a smile and had a very personable demeanor.... I was first put on a high dosage of clomid to see if he could get me to ovulate on my own. I was also scheduled for a pr to see if my tubes were blocked. He also had me do some bloodwork to check on my hormones. The clomid did not work so we then began to discuss IVF.
I am extremely happy with the clinic [Florida Fertility Institute]. It has a overall welcoming environment. Everyone is always friendly and the staff seems very knowledgeable. You can tell that they really care and want to help you. We actually travel about 2 hours one way to the clinic and it's worth it. The only downside is that there are two doctors who work in the office and depending on the day you may see the other doctor instead. However bith are very welcoming and knowledgeable and I am pleased with both doctors.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Do know that he works with a partner and you may see that doctor if Zbella is occupied or out of the office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
From the time I entered the office everyone was extremely friendly. The doctor made me feel at ease even though I was extremely nervous. He explained everything very well and welcomed all questions. He had a very friendly personality and did not rush through the consultation and listened to my concerns.
Describe the protocols Edward Zbella used in your cycles at Florida Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I was first put on a high dosage of clomid to see if he could get me to ovulate on my own. I was also scheduled for a pr to see if my tubes were blocked. He also had me do some bloodwork to check on my hormones. The clomid did not work so we then began to discuss IVF. He didn't have me try clomid again because I had already tried it with previous doctors. My AMH level was extremely high so my next and only option was IVF. This was due to the fact I was at a very high risk for OHSS and multiples. He had my husband's sperm also tested to rule out any other complications.
The nurses were all extremely friendly. They always welcomed us with a smile and asked us how we were doing. They were always glad to answer questions, even if it was the same question. They were quick to return phone calls or leave detailed messages.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
I am extremely happy with the clinic. It has a overall welcoming environment. Everyone is always friendly and the staff seems very knowledgeable. You can tell that they really care and want to help you. We actually travel about 2 hours one way to the clinic and it's worth it. The only downside is that there are two doctors who work in the office and depending on the day you may see the other doctor instead. However bith are very welcoming and knowledgeable and I am pleased with both doctors. Be aware you do deal with the nurses more than the doctors themselves.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute.
My insurance does not cover infertility unfortunately. This is my first cycle and it has cost us about $14,000.
Describe Edward Zbella's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Fertility Institute.
I am currently in the next phase of IVF getting ready for my transfer. It is up to my husband and I if we would like to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. He suggested not doing anymore than 2 due to the risk of multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute.

3 IUI, IVF
Excellent service. The staff [at Florida Fertility Institute-Clearwater] is patient care centered. Every visit the clinic has been extremely efficient and professional. Each person from the doctor all the way to the secretary demonstrates the upmost compassion. The office is very comforting. There are several sections to the waiting room which is nice for privacy. I have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get back into a room. The first time to a fertility clinic can be very overwhelming but the staff makes the experience so smooth.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Me and my significant other have had trouble conceiving so we decided it was time to find out why after having a bad experience with a prior doctor.after researching we decided to go with Dr Zella for fertility help. At our first meeting Dr Zbella had went through my history from precious medical records. He explained to me what he thought the issue was and why. It was decided IVF was the best route. He explained the entire process from beginning to end with every single detail. He answered all questions without hesitation. He did not give false hope. During our hour and a half meeting he never tried to rush us out the door. He took the time to listen to every single concern, issue and questions we had. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Trust the process. Never give up. Stay positive. Find a support group. You never have to go through the journey alone.
Dr Zbella was explained the entire process and answered any question we had. He cut to the point and did not “beat around the bush”. He gave us hope!
Our treatment is IVF. His four step process included- Ovarian stimulation. used medication to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple follicles. Then monitored follicular growth by ultrasound to determine egg growth and uterine lining development. When appropriately matured a trigger shot of HCG is administered. Egg retrieval by ultrasound is performed in office. Sperm specimen is washed and prepared for insemination. The washed sleep is placed in a dish with the eggs and incubated for 18 hours. The embryos are observed for normal fertilization. The final step involves transferring embryos into the uterus via catheter through the cervix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff was very organized. Also friendly and compassionate. Very knowledgeable and willing to answer whatever questions. The only weakness is blood draw. I always got stuck several times.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Excellent service. The staff is patient care centered. Every visit the clinic has been extremely efficient and professional. Each person from the doctor all the way to the secretary demonstrates the upmost compassion. The office is very comforting. There are several sections to the waiting room which is nice for privacy. I have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get back into a room. The first time to a fertility clinic can be very overwhelming but the staff makes the experience so smooth.
The office had different financing companies that they worked with for fertility. All the cost was explained upfront. And the coordinator helped with the knowledge on how to receive financial assistance. 1 round of IVF was around $15,000

2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Zbella is very professional and informative. I was so nervous going through my 1st IVF cycle I couldn't stand it. But Dr Zbella and Dr Sanchez have "what to expect" videos posted on their website that helped ease my anxiety throughout the process. I look forward to continuing to work with him through our next cycle. I trust his judgement and find comfort in the fact he has my best interest in mind.
The office [Florida Fertility Inst] is beautiful and inviting. There are plenty of patient rooms and consultation offices about. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and they always keep their candy bowl full for guys such as my sweet-tooth having husband. ... She trained me during every new process of the cycle and remained patient until I understood. The staff makes me feel as though they're rooting for me, a great support system.
2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Be prepared to make tons of office visits. They close early on Fridays but keep decent hours during the week. Also, no need to be shy...You will be required to drop trousers a lot! You will also have bloodwork during most visits as well.
Dr. Zebella has a state of the art facility, a very friendly and compassionate staff. They have the ability to make you feel as comfortable as they can during the process. The IVF process is sometimes difficult, disappointing and often time consuming, but they're happy to help you through it all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
I actually have Kristy's personal cell phone number. She always made herself available anytime I had a question or concern. She trained me during every new process of the cycle and remained patient until I understood. The staff makes me feel as though they're rooting for me, a great support system.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The office is beautiful and inviting. There are plenty of patient rooms and consultation offices about. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and they always keep their candy bowl full for guys such as my sweet-tooth having husband.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Edward Zbella] gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.... He does not tell you things to make you feel good. He gives you realistic advice without false hope, which I liked.
[At Florida Fertility Institute] You almost always stick to your scheduled appointment, so your time is not wasted.... [For monitoring appointments] I could choose a time within a specific time range.... One time they forgot to call me with how many embryos were frozen.... He gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
I had no issues. He gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.
My treatment seemed specific to my needs.
Menopur Follistim Lupron Trigger Shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
They struggled with taking my blood but otherwise I had no issues.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Fertility Institute.
I could choose a time within a specific time range.
That depends on what my insurance covers and what it doesn't.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Fertility Institute?
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Zbella was just perfect. He was professional, took time to discuss our concerns and overall made my dream come true...They were absolutely amazing. I had gone to 2 other RE Doctors and this practice was warm and the staff were simply amazing. They answered my questions, they called to check on me and they were patient with all of my questions and concerns...
Charlie and Andrea [at FL Fert Inst - Clear] were the best. They called us to check in, they made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. When Andrea said she would call - she called. That is so nice to have reliable people to speak with when going through a new process...Go to Dr. Zbella first before you try the other more advertised agencies...
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Go to Dr. Zbella first before you try the other more advertised agencies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie and Andrea )
Charlie and Andrea were the best. They called us to check in, they made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. When Andrea said she would call - she called. That is so nice to have reliable people to speak with when going through a new process.
23k
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
We visit other location and the Doctors was only talking about the money. As soon we talk to Doctor Zbella he treated us like human and explain detail by detail he also got his staff involve with us and gave us the best treatment and attention we need it...is a strait forward doctor, he will explain to you what he will do how he will do it and really trustworthy. He will always be there for any question or concern you may have. We came to his office knowing what we need it to do and he walk us through it and change your mind process when we thought nothing could have been done.
[The nurses at Florida Fertility Institute] was all attentive to any concern or question I had, it didn't matter how many question we had they where always available to answer them. When it was time to learn about the medication and the injection they took the time to sit down with me and really walk me through and they made sure we understood the them... staff is very knowledgeable always with a great attitude and very attentive to detail. Some time the receptionist was kinda lost but very professional will find the help you need or will direct you to the correct person to answer the question you may have.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Edward Zbella is a strait forward doctor, he will explain to you what he will do how he will do it and really trustworthy. He will always be there for any question or concern you may have. We came to his office knowing what we need it to do and he walk us through it and change your mind process when we thought nothing could have been done.
Listen to everything he tells you he know what he is doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
They was all attentive to any concern or question I had, it didn't matter how many question we had they where always available to answer them. When it was time to learn about the medication and the injection they took the time to sit down with me and really walk me through and they made sure we understood the them.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Too much positive to talk about this clinic. They staff is very knowledgeable always with a great attitude and very attentive to detail. Some time the receptionist was kinda lost but very professional will find the help you need or will direct you to the correct person to answer the question you may have.
The treatment cost change a little since my insurance cover a portion of the medication. But overall I think I spend about $10,000 and we got the result that we wanted
+ Read more- Read less

I had a Tubal Reversal [with Dr. Zbella] and it was an outpatient procedure...I was told by dr Zbella to wait 3 months before TTC to allow my body to heal and we did just that and on the 3rd month we got pregnant TTC the first time now my husband and I are super excited waiting to welcome another child...He spent ample time with me explaining the surgical procedure and made me feel very comfortable even afterwards he explained what all he did while I was under and what to expect.
I was checked in promptly [at Florida Fertility Institute] and then my name was called in a timely manner I didn’t wait very long at all.it was ran like a professional facility not really like a clinic where you wait for long periods at a time...I was relaxed an was comfortable going in getting prepared for surgery the doctor and nurses were all super nice an made sure I was calm I remember waking up with minimal pain An was assisted with a nurse right by my bed side.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
He took his time in explaining the surgical procedure and what to expect during and afterwards. I got a Tubal reversal October 2018 and was pregnant by February 1,2019. Dr Zbella said wait 3 months let my body heal and I listened and got pregnant my first round of TTC and My Husband and I are very very happy and blessed.
Be calm, Listen and ask all questions that you need answers to then wait for your miracle.
He spent ample time with me explaining the surgical procedure and made me feel very comfortable even afterwards he explained what all he did while I was under and what to expect....
I had a Tubal Reversal and it was an outpatient procedure. I was relaxed an was comfortable going in getting prepared for surgery the doctor and nurses were all super nice an made sure I was calm I remember waking up with minimal pain An was assisted with a nurse right by my bed side. This was October 2018, I was told by dr Zbella to wait 3 months before TTC to allow my body to heal and we did just that and on the 3rd month we got pregnant TTC the first time now my husband and I are super excited waiting to welcome another child.
Very nice and pleasant, made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
I was checked in promptly and then my name was called in a timely manner I didn’t wait very long at all.it was ran like a professional facility not really like a clinic where you wait for long periods at a time.