Good

Edwin Robins works at

508 W. 6th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204

2020 - 2021, Successful
Not a warm beside manner persay. He [Dr. Robins] was very informative and answered every question I had...He also had a negative view of egg freezing vs. embryo banking. I had concerns over being with my previous partner longterm and wanted to go an egg freezing route and that was discouraged. However, embryo banking does offer higher odds for the production of a healthy child...
This clinic [Center for Reproductive Health Spokane] also runs a male cryopreservation clinic in the same building. The same staff from this office also seems to be employed by the cryo office. We had a very hard time getting ahold of anyone to even schedule an appointment. They are not available to answer calls and calls may not be returned...Unlike some offices the intended use of a gestational carrier is not looked down upon (or outright refused)...
How was your experience with Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
I felt as though he was a competent doctor and would do a great job medically. It was certain actions during the internal inspection of my ovaries that made me slightly uncomfortable. He also had a negative view of egg freezing vs. embryo banking. I had concerns over being with my previous partner longterm and wanted to go an egg freezing route and that was discouraged. However, embryo banking does offer higher odds for the production of a healthy child. So, I can understand his bias.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
Do your research before visiting and have your questions prepared. Be as informed about the process as you can, and what your expectations will be after.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
Not a warm beside manner persay. He was very informative and answered every question I had. I believe he would be a great doctor to move forward with thur this procedure. I was troubled by a specific behavior during the internal ultrasound but it may have been normal.
Describe the protocols Edwin Robins used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane and their degree of success.
I have only been in for the initial consult and ovarian reserve ultrasound. I was told I still have options but due to my age I need to make decisions now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Some were great and some were not good. I don't remember names, but it was a mixed bag.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
The doctor seems confident. The staff will rely information needed. Unlike some offices the intended use of a gestational carrier is not looked down upon (or outright refused). I am unaware of the office's LGBTQ friendliness, but at least their policies seem inline for a positive fertility outcome if using a gestational carrier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edwin Robins at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
The cost of embryo banking (12k plus medication) and egg freezing cost was also above average by significant amount more than KindBody. But I think that it is still within reason.
Describe Edwin Robins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
My doctor said that he would only transfer a single embryo at a time. He seemed very confident that only one was needed.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
This clinic also runs a male cryopreservation clinic in the same building. The same staff from this office also seems to be employed by the cryo office. We had a very hard time getting ahold of anyone to even schedule an appointment. They are not available to answer calls and calls may not be returned.
Spokane

As others have noted, he’s [Dr. Edwin Robins] not a hand holder and relies on his nursing staff, which is necessary given the volume he manages. I was very impressed at my initial appointment; he had reviewed pages of records and discussed multiple options.... I previously had unsuccessful medicated cycles and one unsuccessful IUI. We went straight to stimulation with follistim and retrieval. We opted for ICSI and genetic testing, with a FET about 6 weeks later, one embryo transferred. Results to be seen!
Everyone seems to be on the same team [at Ctr for Repro Endo & Fertility], with upbeat positive attitudes. They seem genuinely invested in your success. Billing was a bit of an issue, but they were always responsive to my questions and requests for information.... They [the nurses] keep this place running. My nurse was amazing, always available, supportive, and had so much more knowledge and information than I expected. I could not have done it without her.
As others have noted, he’s not a hand holder and relies on his nursing staff, which is necessary given the volume he manages. I was very impressed at my initial appointment; he had reviewed pages of records and discussed multiple options. I felt very confident in his skills and training.
Don’t be offended if he doesn’t speak to you during morning clinics. I was taken aback at first, but with 20 people in the waiting room, efficiency is key.
I had very open communication with the nursing team. It’s easy to feel like a number during morning clinics but I always had a chance to have questions answered later in the day.
They keep this place running. My nurse was amazing, always available, supportive, and had so much more knowledge and information than I expected. I could not have done it without her.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Everyone seems to be on the same team, with upbeat positive attitudes. They seem genuinely invested in your success. Billing was a bit of an issue, but they were always responsive to my questions and requests for information.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Efficient, but sometimes the ultrasounds didn’t start until after the scheduled time, which delayed the group. Overall a well oiled machine, especially with lab draws.
20,000-30,000 including medications. We opted for the multi option
His approach in our case was one embryo at a time given that we had already gone through genetic screening of the embryos.
Spokane

Dr. Robins is very knowledgeable but at times I felt he was rambling or giving way too many details that went over our heads, especially during our initial consult meeting. For me as a patient it means a lot to connect with my doctors and feel like our relationship is more than the procedures being completed, which also facilitated being comfortable to ask question and open up a dialogue. I don’t feel that Dr. Robins totally fits that bill. Visits are a quick in and out during the IUI’s and his staff ends up making up for his personality short falls. As a physician he’s knowledgeable and experienced which makes me trust his treatment planning decisions and that he’s guiding us in the right direction towards achieving pregnancy.
Strengths: the clinic [Center for Reproductive Health] is very prompt and organized. Scheduling is easy and they answer the phones in a timely manner. All the front office women are a pleasure to work with. Weaknesses: I don’t feel that financials were discussed very thoroughly, and that there was never a time set aside to discuss the treatment plan with the financial coordinator.
Don’t walk in letting emotions drive your decisions. Take a deep breath and approach your visits with a clear focused mind because that’s how Dr. Robins treats it.
Dr. Robins has a very mild personality, is knowledgeable and experienced. However, he doesn’t connect well on a personal level through the midst of treatment which can leave you feeling like a number at times. But he has surrounded himself with great staff that help to clear all confusion and answer questions.
We’ve completed 2 IUI cycles using 5mg letrozole for cycle day 3-8. Follicle scan on day 11 and based on those, we’ve triggered that afternoon with 5000 units of hcg followed with insemination the next afternoon in cycle day 12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: Summer)
Summer is an absolute blessing. She’s compassionate, caring and prompt with her responses (even when I email her over and over!). She takes the time to sit down next to you in the waiting room to ask how you’re doing which means the world during this isolating time in your life. She treats you like a friend and cares about your journey.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Strengths: the clinic is very prompt and organized. Scheduling is easy and they answer the phones in a timely manner. All the front office women are a pleasure to work with. Weaknesses: I don’t feel that financials were discussed very thoroughly, and that there was never a time set aside to discuss the treatment plan with the financial coordinator.
The costs for an IUI cycle was estimated to be $1200 full cost but with discounts from insurance networks discounts and such it cost us about $700-$800 per cycle. And we don’t have any fertility coverage through insurance.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The first and second and third FET [with Dr. Robins] all resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried them and the 3rd FET was a blighted ovum...was not a man of many words. He was more clinical than personable. He was very professional and does all the ultrasounds himself. Which I thought was cool because he wanted to see for himself. I wouldn't say he was mean or uncaring but definitely not warm and fuzzy.
For labs and ultrasound it was a first come first serve thing at 7 AM so there were times you had to wait longer than others [at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility]...The staff was always super kind and caring and willing to give hugs when needed. They recognized and remembered me when I came in which was nice to know they knew who I was...The care coordinator was very kind and willing to answer all my questions when I called but many times I had a hard time getting a call back. Karen a nurse there gave the best hugs. She was always upbeat and willing to encourage me throughout the process. The staff was amazing at this clinic! Loved them all. Only complaint was not receiving timely call backs with lab work results.
Dr Robin's was not a man of many words. He was more clinical than personable. He was very professional and does all the ultrasounds himself. Which I thought was cool because he wanted to see for himself. I wouldn't say he was mean or uncaring but definitely not warm and fuzzy.
If you're looking for a kind caring doctor he's not the one for you, but if you want results he does knows what he's doing. Every transfer I got pregnant. Just miscarried every time.
I used follistim I create eggs, Lupron to keep me from ovukating, estrogen pills to thicken lining, Progesterone in oil to sustain pregnanct, and ganirelix to prevent premature egg release and HCG to produce egg release The first cycle and retrieval I only got 9 mature eggs which resulted in 3 embryos and the second cycle I got 22 eggs which resulted in 12 embryos. I overstimulated both cycles so had to freeze all both times. For FET I used estrogen, progesterone in oil, doxycycline, medrol, and baby aspirin. The first and second and third FET all resulted in pregnancy but I miscarried them and the 3rd FET was a blighted ovum.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: LeeAnn)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
They did not offer any loan options had to pay a up front. They offered a discount for 3 tries which I would recommend patients do. They were very professional, and it was nice seeing the doctor every time I went in for ultrasounds. They were great at education of procedures and medication as well. For labs and ultrasound it was a first come first serve thing at 7 AM so there were times you had to wait longer than others.
For 3 tries it was approx $18,000 Meds for retrieval we're about $3000-$5000 Meds for FET were around $600 All monitoring labs and u/s were included in the price.
Spokane
Dr robins doesn’t have a great bed side personality. He doesn’t give the warm and fuzzies but he does give the facts which is a good alternative. The treatment plan is discussed with nursing staff rather than him so I can no rate this. I saw him once a cycle and that was for a sonogram.... Dr Robins does his own US’s and during those, I felt like I couldn’t ask questions and that he didn’t know any of my history. It felt like it would be if I had a new sonographer each visit, someone that didn’t know me.
Staff is wonderful [at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility], wait times can be long, seems to have a lot of turnover though. Doctor communicates with his staff then they call you. Might need additional appointments if you wish to see the doctor or speak with him.... I only did stimulated cycles. After 7 cycles I called it off myself because I was having the same negative outcome each time. With no new information or explanations from the doctor or staff. It was clomid, injectables then trigger.
Make sure you are available each visit from 7am-9 or 10am as it is first come first served and you could be waiting quite awhile to be seen.
Dr Robins does his own US’s and during those, I felt like I couldn’t ask questions and that he didn’t know any of my history. It felt like it would be if I had a new sonographer each visit, someone that didn’t know me. The staff is what holds this office up, they are wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: No longer at office)
Wonderful. Returned calls timely gave results timely. Wonderful support staff
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Staff is wonderful, wait times can be long, seems to have a lot of turnover though. Doctor communicates with his staff then they call you. Might need additional appointments if you wish to see the doctor or speak with him.
Insurance covered labs and ultrasounds. I had to pay for medications out of pocket.
Did not do an transfer
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
Once I had to ask for lab results the following day because I did not receive a call.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr Robins is quick and all business, but he allowed us to pursue other options and tweak my cycles accordingly. He was open to new ideas that were definitely out of his comfort zone. I ended up having another reproductive immunologist oversea much of my treatment protocol and Dr Robins was open to collaboration... Be ok with quick morning clinic appts and not a warm, fuzzy doctor
It's [Center for Reproductive Endo and Fertility - Spokane] an in and out, cattle call type clinic. As long as you don't need warm and fuzzy, you'll do great. Plan on doing a lot of your own research and don't be afraid to ask questions and challenge protocols. Remember that every person is different and no one protocol is right for every single person.... Other than Karen, the staff is completely unorganized and slightly dysfunctional
Be ok with quick morning clinic appts and not a warm, fuzzy doctor
It's a cattle call during morning clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: Karen Weaver)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
It's an in and out, cattle call type clinic. As long as you don't need warm and fuzzy, you'll do great. Plan on doing a lot of your own research and don't be afraid to ask questions and challenge protocols. Remember that every person is different and no one protocol is right for every single person.
Cattle call during specific hours. There was absolutely no flexibility
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane?
I had a nurse early on forget to call in my birth control to get my cycle on their schedule

2016, Unknown Success
...he [Dr. Robins] researched and read our file, knew what it felt like to be on our side of things, as he and his wife experienced it, which he shared...I think he is great. the first appointment he gave me hope, the second appointment he drew diagrams to explain things to us. and put it in terms we could understand...
...very friendly [at Center for Reproductive Endo & Fertility - Spokane]... makes you feel like you matter...they were great! like friends I wanted to call up and talk to...$$$$$$ but that's what to be expected going to a fertility clinic...
that there isn't any reason why I shouldn't believe that I could be pregnant.
he researched and read our file, knew what it felt like to be on our side of things, as he and his wife experienced it, which he shared.
they were great! like friends I wanted to call up and talk to
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
very friendly. makes you feel like you matter
$$$$$$ but that's what to be expected going to a fertility clinic
Spokane
He [Dr. Edwin Robins] wanted to do 2 natural rounds of iui and if those didn't work we would do a medicated round, I dont have anymore money so I we didn't do another round... he does know what he is doing, when I would come in to have my IUIs don't it was a quick in and out process I didn't really talk to him much...I would order the doner sperm then come in for a pelvic ultrasound to see how big my follicles were then I would have my blood drawn and have the iui that day or the next day, I always felt like the timing was off and thats why I never got pregnant.
they [staff at Center for Reproductive Health] made me feel like I have a chance they are very personal able and friendly...Summer [nurse] IS AMAZING i really appreciate her and her comunication when I had a question she always had an answer she was very patient with me and my frustrations. Everyone at the center made you feel very welcomed...The natural IUI was the cheep route iui, sperm prep, ultrasound, blood draws cost about 1,300 that's not including the separate purchase of sperm 1st time was 625.00 the second time 695.00 this includes the shipping fee at the time of 100 dollars.
Dr Robins heart is to make sure you I your dreams become a reality, my experience with him is that he is a Dr and he does know what he is doing, when I would come in to have my IUIs don't it was a quick in and out process I didn't really talk to him much.
He has been doing this for 20 plus years he knows what he is doing but make sure you pick the right treatment that will benefit you.
they made me feel like I have a chance they are very personal able and friendly.
I did 2 rounds of natural IUI and that's because of my age and that I have never had children we would time when I would start my period then I would order the doner sperm then come in for a pelvic ultrasound to see how big my follicles were then I would have my blood drawn and have the iui that day or the next day, I always felt like the timing was off and thats why I never got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Summer)
Summer IS AMAZING i really appreciate her and her comunication when I had a question she always had an answer she was very patient with me and my frustrations. Everyone at the center made you feel very welcomed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
The strengths i saw is that they all work as a team, the weaknesses they have is that I have had a few surprise bills, I was not happy with the 1st one was an oops from the person as the desk who didn't charge me right and the second is i got generic testing done they said would cost 99 dollars and I got a bill for over 500, they didn't change the price that was given from the genetic testing place im still working with that.
He wanted to do 2 natural rounds of iui and if those didn't work we would do a medicated round, I dont have anymore money so I we didn't do another round.

2018 - 2019, Consult
The staff [at Center for Reproductive Health] is amazing. Every nurse, financial coordinator, and receptionist were kind, welcoming, and compassionate...Consultation was a few hundred...It is in an office building and fairly private. It is relatively small and you have to go elsewhere for tests. It is nice, clean, and has a beautiful view. The staff is kind and helpful. Parking is a pain if you aren’t familiar with the area...He [Dr. Edwin Robins] does not have a warm bedside manner. I feel he leaves the “human” side to his nurses, which is fine. I haven’t gone through actual treatment yet, and his personality is not a deterrent to my continuing with him...is intelligent, thorough, and explanatory. He is a bit odd and not overly warm. However, I trust him with this scary and tough experience. I was able to get answers from him I was not able to get elsewhere.
Dr. Robins is intelligent, thorough, and explanatory. He is a bit odd and not overly warm. However, I trust him with this scary and tough experience. I was able to get answers from him I was not able to get elsewhere.
I would suggest you go in to the appointment prepared for anything he might tell you. Know that although his personality is not that of a GP, he is successful and very good at what he does.
He does not have a warm bedside manner. I feel he leaves the “human” side to his nurses, which is fine. I haven’t gone through actual treatment yet, and his personality is not a deterrent to my continuing with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Health Spokane. (Assigned nurse: Miranda)
The staff is amazing. Every nurse, financial coordinator, and receptionist were kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Health Spokane.
Consultation was a few hundred. Have not proceeded yet with treatment.