7.1

Chicago, IL 60611
Oak Lawn
5716 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

The main issue I have is Dr. T[rukhacheva] was over an hour and 15min late for my FET transfer (they tell you to come 30min early with a full bladder) and they didn’t have a room for us so we were put in a office to get ready for transfer...I’ve had no contact with her since my consultation (she did my retrieval and transfer but there was no conversation)...When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal.
When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic [Reproductive Medicine Institute] didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal...The nurses I’ve been working with are very friendly and understanding. Unfortunately I feel like they are put in a bad spot because patients like to speak to their doctor sometimes and it seems like it’s not an option. I’m sure they’ve taken the burden of unhappy patients when it is not their fault.
How was your experience with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
My first experience with ivf was not what I had been anticipating. After our consultation we were very excited and hopeful that we would be parents soon! When the cycle failed (2 embryos transferred) we were left in the dark. It was a devastating loss for us. The clinic didn’t even call me they sent a message through the patient portal. I felt like we were given a fluffy, one sided speech about the success of ivf during our consultation. My husband is an engineer and I’m very literal. We both like to know the facts and odds so we can prepare properly. I believe we were told our chances of success with one embryo transfer was 60% and transferring 2 would put us at a 80% chance. Since our failed cycle I’ve learned that those numbers are just wrong. I feel like my doctor should have given us the real facts in stead of making me search the web. I have not had a chance to discuss my concerns or ask why she thinks it failed with Dr. T because I’ve had no contact with her since my consultation (she did my retrieval and transfer but there was no conversation). I’m in the middle of my 2ww currently so I can’t say Dr. T has completely failed me yet however my experience so far has been disappointing to say the least.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She seems like a nice person and is friendly enough but she’s not the greatest communicator and runs behind a lot!
Describe the protocols Elena Trukhacheva used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
I started with ivf and I was on menopur, follistim, ganirelex, for stimulating follicles and PIO injections, and estrace for transfer. I can’t remember the exact doses but my body responded very well with low does from what I’ve read. I did get good results from the protocol she used!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The staff is friendly and they have a lot of early morning appointments so you can go before work. It runs pretty smoothly, I take more issue with the doctors running on time and their bedside manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
My insurance covered most except embryo freezing.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The main issue I have is Dr. T was over an hour and 15min late for my FET transfer (they tell you to come 30min early with a full bladder) and they didn’t have a room for us so we were put in a office to get ready for transfer. It felt VERY unorganized on a day that should be exciting and comforting. Overall I’m not sure I’d recommend my best friend but I’m still hoping that I am successful with them.
Oakbrook

Dr. Trukhacheva was very compassionate and good at explaining procedures, however she is known for being consistently late. She was late for all of our procedures, the last cycle she was over an hour late for the retrival....Dr. Trukhacheva had me on menopur (225iu), Follistim 450 units, and microdose hcg 2ml(200 units). It was the same doses for all 3 cycles with her, but she did add microdose lupron and a steroid pill with my last cycle(I can't remember dosages offhand for these)
The clinic [Repro Med Inst] was nice, it was clean and organized. But I didn't like that we had to drive almost an hour away, to Oakbrook, for procedures. They are good about getting you in quickly for appointments and you can be in and out within 15 min for monitoring appts, if you go 1st thing in the morning which was very nice...Annie was excellent about conveying information and helping us to understand all the procedures. She was very compassionate and you could tell she really cared about us and our results.
Dr. Trukhacheva was very compassionate and good at explaining procedures, however she is known for being consistently late. She was late for all of our procedures, the last cycle she was over an hour late for the retrival. With time sensitive procedures it is not ok to always be late, especially an hour or more late! As a result of being so late, she rushed through the procedure and wound up causing me a lot of extra pain and bleeding after the procedure, it was almost to the point I was going to have my husband take me to the E.R.
Ask to be the 1st procedure of the day, so she's not as late for your procedure. Because she gets consistently further behind and later as the day goes on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
The doctor and nurses were all very friendly and helpful. They really took the time to explain things and were great about getting back to us right away when we had an questions or concerns.
Dr. Trukhacheva had me on menopur (225iu), Follistim 450 units, and microdose hcg 2ml(200 units). It was the same doses for all 3 cycles with her, but she did add microdose lupron and a steroid pill with my last cycle(I can't remember dosages offhand for these). She also had me do estradiol and testosterone patches for about 9 days leading up to the injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Annie was excellent about conveying information and helping us to understand all the procedures. She was very compassionate and you could tell she really cared about us and our results. She was always trying to help us out wherever possible by getting us donated meds or helping us find med discounts. She was always very prompt at getting back to me whenever I had questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The clinic was nice, it was clean and organized. But I didn't like that we had to drive almost an hour away, to Oakbrook, for procedures. They are good about getting you in quickly for appointments and you can be in and out within 15 min for monitoring appts, if you go 1st thing in the morning which was very nice.
I can't remember specific costs, our insurance covered about 85%, and we paid for meds out of pocket (minus the meds our nurse coordinator, Annie, was able to provide us with).
Describe Elena Trukhacheva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Dr. Trukhacheva strongly suggested transferring both embryos for our best chance due to my age.
Chicago

As a doctor, she [Dr. Trukacheva] was candid with us the 2 times we met with her. She had an appropriate level of compassion and explained her approach. However, in addition to being well over an hour late to the 2nd appointment, she clearly could not care less. It appeared going into our 2nd appointment she'd had to review for the first time the results of the lab. She certainly hadn't called us with results or reached out after the results were zero viable embryos.
This is a disorganized disaster....on't go to RMI. It is not a good alternative. [nurse]Catelyn is a trainwreck and you'll barely interact with the doctor....you'll be so irritated that they are getting paid to treat you this way. Also, you have to go to Oakbrook for egg retrieval....this was a horrid experience and ultimately we decided to stop trying due in no small part to how miserable it was to have to deal with Catelyn...zero viable embryos. Nobody reached out at all actually.
As a doctor, she was candid with us the 2 times we met with her. She had an appropriate level of compassion and explained her approach. However, in addition to being well over an hour late to the 2nd appointment, she clearly could not care less. It appeared going into our 2nd appointment she'd had to review for the first time the results of the lab. She certainly hadn't called us with results or reached out after the results were zero viable embryos. Nobody reached out at all actually.
You're reading this because you're trying to avoid the cattle call of another option in town right? Dr. T is fine, nothing to be enthusiastic about. Her nurses are an actual train wreck. Keep reading. Go to the other place...the cattle call is organized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Catelyn)
1. Forgot to place our order. I called concerned a week out and it took that long to chase it down b/c she kept calling it in to the wrong pharmacy. It arrived via courier an hour before it was needed. Seriously. 2. Ordered twice as much as needed despite us being clear we were only doing one round. In fact she blew through the entire $15K lifetime insurance benefit we are lucky to have in one round. 3. Ordered PIO with the original order...PIO is for embryo transfer. We ultimately didn't get anything to transfer. ALSO...I had a conversation with her less than an hour before she placed the order about doing suppositories and not injectables. So no PIO was needed at all. 4. Kept bringing up what to do if we had over 8 embryos for PGS. She wanted to know this b/c then they get to charge our credit card for more. The answer is actually no big deal - just deal with it when it happens. But she couldn't stop asking. 5. On that note, didn't tell us about a bunch of the costs associated with PGS. She was supposed to cover that with us but we were surprised when billing line itemed them on the bills. 6. Did not call with results or follow up about results after they were absolutely awful. 7. When we complained to Dr. T about the non-order of the drugs she told us...and I quote "we do this a lot and some just slip through the cracks." So this must be common with Catelyn. Dr. T doesn't care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
This is a disorganized disaster. I know you don't want to go to the other place in town fellow infertile friend and I'm so sorry you're going through this. But don't go to RMI. It is not a good alternative. Catelyn is a trainwreck and you'll barely interact with the doctor. RMI feels like a horrid money grab and you'll be so irritated that they are getting paid to treat you this way. Also, you have to go to Oakbrook for egg retrieval.
PGS was $5400 for 8 embryos and the could come from different retrievals. BUT each new batch was an extra almost $700 in lab fees. Catelyn will forget to tell you this by the way. They send them to Good Start Genetics who is pretty vocal about super reduced prices to make PGS affordable. The margin RMI gets on PGS is insane.
She does not support natural cycle implantation...of course not. It would be very inconvenient for her.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
I don't know what else to say. This was a horrid experience and ultimately we decided to stop trying due in no small part to how miserable it was to have to deal with Catelyn. Luckily we do have one child after a long run of miscarriages. If you want to give it everything you've got, don't start or end here. They will suck the life out of you.
Chicago

She [Dr. Trukhacheva] recommended skipping all other treatments and went straight to IVF because insurance would cover it. ... Dr Trukhacheva never recommended surgery and didn’t order bloodwork to identify any of these issues which should have been addressed BEFORE starting IVF. ... At every egg retrieval she was over 2 hours late. I gained nearly 30 lbs and when I mentioned my concerns about the effects of the meds and stress of the IVF cycles on my body...I was pushed to do a third round within a year.
We did have to pay several hundred out of pocket due to an error on their end [RMI] forgetting to order medication. ... The office has no referrals for therapists (the first IVF practice I went to had an in house psychotherapist) to help process what we went through. ... Know what is and isn’t covered by insurance and ask about the costs. We ended up paying much more out of pocket than we should have due to errors the doctor and nurse made. ...
She has good bedside manner but I was never given an answer about why I couldn’t get pregnant. I’m in the health care industry myself and don’t understand how she thinks it is acceptable that she would run over an hour and up to 3 hours late.
Don’t allow her to push you into anything. Be aware of your options and the risks and costs.
She recommended skipping all other treatments and went straight to IVF because insurance would cover it. At every egg retrieval she was over 2 hours late. The office has no referrals for therapists (the first IVF practice I went to had an in house psychotherapist) to help process what we went through. I gained nearly 30 lbs and when I mentioned my concerns about the effects of the meds and stress of the IVF cycles on my body...I was pushed to do a third round within a year.
I was given the same medications every round in increasingly larger doses. Menopur, Gonal F, hCG
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Read reviews about all the doctors before you go. Know what is and isn’t covered by insurance and ask about the costs. We ended up paying much more out of pocket than we should have due to errors the doctor and nurse made.
Luckily we have great insurance. So most of the treatments were covered. We did have to pay several hundred out of pocket due to an error on their end forgetting to order medication.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
A medication they put me on literally made me soil my pants and when I called about it I got a flippant response along the lines of “keep taking it you should be fine.” I had to pay $900 out of pocket for meds that were covered but the staff forgot to order or ordered incorrectly. When I brought the error to their attention they had plenty of time to fix it but they dropped the ball. I recently saw an new OBGYN who recommended surgery to diagnose me with endometriosis and to remove tissue causing pain and difficulty conceiving. She also ran a multitude of tests and discovered I have extremely low testosterone and DHEA as well as a gene mutation which all affect fertility... Dr Trukhacheva never recommended surgery and didn’t order bloodwork to identify any of these issues which should have been addressed BEFORE starting IVF.
Oakbrook
I haven't spoken to my doctor [Elena Trukhacheva] personally since I started the fertility drugs or done my IUI's. Every thing is through the nurse or portal website...She was little hard to understand with her accent. She didn't spend much time with me on my first visit. I only saw her two more times. She could have spoken with me a couple times during my first and now second tries...Office staff were slow and not very helpful. Staff could be more friendly and compassionate
Don't expect too much
I haven't spoken to my doctor personally since I started the fertility drugs or done my IUI's. Every thing is through the nurse or portal website
Just $50 for co-pays when I see doctor
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
It was hard to get test results. They didn't always call with results