7.1

Chicago, IL 60611
Oak Lawn
5716 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

She's [Dr. Trukhacheva] very understanding, great at explaining things, and takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration. However she is pretty much always late for procedures, one egg retrival she was about 1.5 hrs late to. ... My embryo transfers have been smoother with her since the timing isn't as critical. I really like her, I just wish she wasn't always running behind.
The staff [Repro Med Inst] is always very friendly and welcoming. I wish they had a transfer center in the city though, because we have to drive about 45 mins for procedures. The nurse who draws blood does a great job, I rarely ever bruise. ... The nurse forgot to call in my rx for estradiol ahead of time, so they had to call it in the day I started it for my FET.
How was your experience with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She's very understanding, great at explaining things, and takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration. However she is pretty much always late for procedures, one egg retrival she was about 1.5 hrs late to. I also feel like since she is often late she sometimes rushes through the procedures, my last egg retrival, where she was about 90 mins late, I was in a ton of pain after and I think it's because she rushed through it. My embryo transfers have been smoother with her since the timing isn't as critical. I really like her, I just wish she wasn't always running behind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Go into it knowing she will be late for your procedure, so you're not stressing over it as much when it happens.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
She takes the time to listen to your concerns and takes your thoughts into consideration.
Describe the protocols Elena Trukhacheva used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
I don't recall the specific protocol, but I was on menopur(3 vials), follistim, lupron and ganirelix. We also used icsi because my husband had kind of low sperm counts and my egg quality wasn't the greatest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Catelyn)
Catelyn wasnt always very great at getting back to me, and reading my messages completely before replying to them. I also had to hound her to turn in our treatment plan to billing, so we could know what we would owe before transfer.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The location downtown is very convenient, and never super busy. The staff is always very friendly and welcoming. I wish they had a transfer center in the city though, because we have to drive about 45 mins for procedures. The nurse who draws blood does a great job, I rarely ever bruise.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I was always able to go in for monitoring appts first thing in the morning before work and there was usually maybe 1 other person at that time in the mornings, so not busy at all. There was only 1 time I was almost late to work, because I had to wait for a nurse to arrive to speak with them about something.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I cant remember the costs for the retrivals, but I do know that anesthesia wasnt covered, even though the center was in network. For FETs it was around $1300 after insurance coverage.
Describe Elena Trukhacheva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
She ultimately left it up to is, but the time we had 2 embryos she strongly encouraged using both since I'm older and my egg quality isn't great.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

2015, Successful
Investment Banker
She tends to be conservative. She prefers single embryo transfers and was quite concerned about OHSS [Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome] during my IVF stimulation. She does run quite late on a regular basis, and once missed a major IVF cycle related procedure.
Dr. T was a caring individualized doctor that always gave me her full attention and plenty of time to ask questions. She tends to be conservative. She prefers single embryo transfers and was quite concerned about OHSS during my IVF stimulation. She does run quite late on a regular basis, and once missed a major IVF cycle related procedure. She had another doctor in the practice cover for her, and I know things happen, but we were not pleased to hear our doctor wasn't even going to show up for a big procedure.
Be patient! You will have to wait to see her, but when you do you will not be rushed.
I feel the care and treatment protocol at RMI is a bit more individualized than other local clinics, which is great! The nurses gave me their email addresses and would answer my questions quickly at any time - weekends and holidays included. Annie and Stacey at the Chicago office are amazing! Dr. T only works in the downtown location three days a week so there were only certain days I could see her or come in for procedures. They batch their IVF and FET cycles since doctors only have certain weeks they are in the lab. She is often running quite late - 1-1.5 hours late. However, I know she tailored my IVF stim protocol specifically to me, and when I did see her, she took as much time as I needed to answer all my questions. I think the reason she runs late is because she spends so much time with her patients. She is also extremely empathetic, which I valued during such an emotional trying period of my life.
I was on birth control to start my IVF cycle, and then started stimming with menopur and gonal-f. Eventually I added ganirelix to supress ovulation. I triggered with HCG and lupron since I was at risk of OHSS. Dr. T did not do a fresh embryo transfer with me given my risk of OHSS. She did have me take a couple doses of ganirelix after my egg retrieval. We retrieved 16 eggs, six were mature, and four were frozen at blastocysts. I had one failed single embryo transfer and am currently 17 weeks pregnant with one child from a second FET, in which we transferred two embryos. We have one frozen embryo remaining. I was disappointed we only had six mature eggs from 16 retrieved. I do feel Dr. T was a bit conservative given my risk of OHSS. She admitted the day after my retrieval she was hoping for more mature eggs. However, unfortunately a lot of IVF is trial and error. Dr. T did recommend switching from ICSI to traditional fertization the day of my egg retrieval. My husband's sperm counts had been consistently strong, and Dr. T felt that if we had the option, embryos fertilized traditionally hold up better. We were very pleased to get four frozen blasts from six mature eggs. This exceeded Dr. T's projections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Annie (and Stacey) were both terrific. They answered all my questions, ran the monitoring appointments quickly and smoothly, and gave me email address for any additional questions that came up outside of business hours. If/when we go back to try to conceive a second child, we will likely go back to RMI just given the quality of the nursing staff. I will say that I didn't feel that either nurse had extremely robust technical knowledge, but they understood the procedures and how Dr. T worked, and would always ask the doctor if I had questions they couldn't answer.
My insurance covered a good amount of treatment. We were responsible for paying 10% of estimate costs, and any embryo freezing costs (not covered by insurance).
Chicago
I believe she [Dr. Trukacheva] needs to spend a little bit more time with her parents . Talk to them I detail a little more. When they have a failed cycle it would be nice to hear from you doctor not always the nurses ... I believe she used standard protocol . Birth control for a month , than gonal F and Certrodie , menpour ....They forgot to share my husband Sperm Analysis results with us when they where 1st collected ...Be perphard to only see her for your procedures . You will spend more time with the nurses .
They [Repro Med Inst - Oakbrook] are very welcoming...Her [Dr. Trukacheva] team was very welcoming and understanding and tried to make you as comfortable as possible...They forgot to share my husband Sperm Analysis results with us when they where 1st collected ...Stacey was amazing , she always returned my calls , reached out to me and made sure I understood everything ....Be perphard to only see her for your procedures . You will spend more time with the nurses .
I believe she needs to spend a little bit more time with her parents . Talk to them I detail a little more. When they have a failed cycle it would be nice to hear from you doctor not always the nurses .
Her team was very welcoming and understanding and tried to make you as comfortable as possible
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacey )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
They are very welcoming
Not sure my 1st cycle was covered by insurance .
Embryologist told us to only do 1 after we had our hopes on 2 and the one didn't take .
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Oakbrook