7.1

Oak Lawn
5716 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

2013 - 2018, Successful
We did 4 IUIs, three retrievals and I think 6 transfers [with Dr. Trukhacheva]. The last transfer resulted in our second child. The first 3 were single and then we did two more transfers of 2 embryos (we had to thaw 3 to get 2 at one point.) All were PGS tested... is a no nonsense doctor. She is very clinical and often late, but she provides very good care. Every time something didn’t work like we were hoping she would give us a hug and work to adjust. We got two wonderful babies from her and her clinic. I would recommend her.
They [nurses] are caring, knowledgeable and helpful during a very rough and emotional process...Being under 40 we started by transferring 1 at a time. Then we began transferring two to hopefully get a better chance of conceiving. That worked and we had one child from a double transfer...They have good hours. I had to get in early and they were always able to get me in so I wasn’t late for work.
How was your experience with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr T is a no nonsense doctor. She is very clinical and often late, but she provides very good care. Every time something didn’t work like we were hoping she would give us a hug and work to adjust. We got two wonderful babies from her and her clinic. I would recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Trust her. She gives every patient care and attention even if she’s not all warm and fuzzy all the time or running on time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Annie and the nurses are wonderful and so supportive.
Describe the protocols Elena Trukhacheva used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
We did 3 IUIs with our first daughter. 2 at a different clinic. The last one with Dr. T. That resulted in our first child. We did 4 IUIs, three retrievals and I think 6 transfers. The last transfer resulted in our second child. The first 3 were single and then we did two more transfers of 2 embryos (we had to thaw 3 to get 2 at one point.) All were PGS tested. I forget all the meds. There were so many over the time we were patients. Clomid, injectables, patches, you name it, we had it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Annie and Robin are the best. We also had other nursing staff during our journey who were great. Stacy and Annie were both there during our first daughter. Annie and Robin were the primary nurses during our second child. They are caring, knowledgeable and helpful during a very rough and emotional process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
They have good hours. I had to get in early and they were always able to get me in so I wasn’t late for work. Dr. T is always running late, but she will give you the care and attention needed. The billing department was fine. A lot of turnover when we were there but they explained everything in detail which was helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Trukhacheva at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Our insurance covered much of the treatments except for certain medications and the PGS testing.
Describe Elena Trukhacheva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr T [Elena Trukhacheva]. always takes the time to talk to you during appointments and procedures. She is often running late and it's because she answers every single question from every patient.... She will always be late, but it's because she gives each patient such good care and attention and she never says no. She apologies and she's warm and she is ready to dedicate herself to you so I've just learned to live with this part (although it's not fun when you have a full bladder awaiting a transfer, as one would imagine).
I definitely prefer the small office vibe [of Reproductive Medicine Institute]. The one thing to know about RMI is that if you are located in the city and do all of your monitoring appointments downtown you still have to travel to Oak Brook for the big appointments (retrieval, transfer, etc.).... I could not say enough nice things about Annie [a nurse]. She answers all of my questions and is so thoughtful in her responses.
We ended up seeing Dr. T, per the recommendation of a friend who was successful. She was actually our 3rd RE. We were about to start IVF with another doctor, but their accepted insurance changed and so we began the process with Dr. T. Since I've had 2 prior miscarriage she wanted to start with a Hysteroscopy before beginning IVF (something the prior doctor did not think was necessary). She did find scar tissue which she removed and we began IVF. We've never gotten any answers for our infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss so we were very optimistic that IVF would be the answer, but we were also cautious because of my AMH. From the beginning they knew they would be very conservative and that we would likely do a freeze-all because of concerns of OHSS. I had a mild case of OHSS that was resolved with a culdocentesis. Dr. T was always hyper aware and I feel like I received the best care during all of this time. At this point, we've tried 2 FET and both have been unsuccessful. We've been transferring one at a time because of their grades, but will move on to 2 embryos starting this month. Each month leading up to the transfer we've tried different tactics to ensure my lining is thickening. I'm still hopeful Dr. T will get us pregnant, but can't report it at this time.
Dr T. always takes the time to talk to you during appointments and procedures. She is often running late and it's because she answers every single question from every patient. The front desk and nurses are also very friendly. Not at all like previous experiences.
Goodness, it was all so complicated I don't really remember. I know we used Menopur and Gonal-F, dosages were cut in half after a week, then Ganilrelix was added to suppress ovulation. HCG was used to trigger. I am lucky enough to ovulate on my own each month and I have a slightly higher than normal AMH so 40+ eggs were fertilized and I feel fortunate to have 10+ embryos to transfer. The issue will my unexplained infertility has been getting and staying pregnant so once we figure out how to make that work I'll happily update this protocol description.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie Miller)
I could not say enough nice things about Annie. She answers all of my questions and is so thoughtful in her responses.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I definitely prefer the small office vibe. The one thing to know about RMI is that if you are located in the city and do all of your monitoring appointments downtown you still have to travel to Oak Brook for the big appointments (retrieval, transfer, etc.).
Luckily, insurance covered IVF for me once I hit my deductible. You do have to pay out of pocket to freeze the embryos (1200) and you have to pay a lab fee with each transfer (195).
Dr. T seems to always recommend 1 embryo for transfer, but after 2 failed transfers we are going to start trying 2. She is very conservative and mindful of the patient and the pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Last month, the ultrasound tech had a completely different read of my ultrasound scan than Dr. T. I know she looks over all the results and my treatment is based on that, but I left the office assuming my cycle was canceled and felt very confused when per Dr. T's reading of my ultrasound my transfer was being scheduled. Everything is so emotional during this process so this amplified those feelings.
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Elena Trukhacheva] makes as much time as needed for each couple and individual. Dr. T clearly discussed our treatment plan and met with us for an IVF consultation to explain some questions we needed answers to before making our final decisions. Dr. T always performed initial testing and procedures and will perform our IVF egg retrieval and transfer. She did not perform our IUI's as it was not necessary. Among many things, one thing I especially appreciate about Dr. T is that your health and well-being is of utmost important. She informs you of risks and makes decisions for your treatment based off of what is in your best interest. Although our goal is to get pregnant, she makes it clear that my safety as a patient is top priority and she doesn't let numbers and statistics overshadow that importance.
Parking at the Chicago office [of Reproductive Medicine Institute] can be a bit hard to find and expensive. I would recommend really early appointments for ease of parking and stress. Appointments are painless to make and I have rarely had to wait in the waiting room for more than 3 minutes...The nursing staff, IVF coordinator and administrative support at RMI, specifically speaking to the Chicago office is amazing. They all work tirelessly to support women going through some of the toughest life challenges they have ever had to face. They do so with grace and support.
Dr. T is very thorough and caring. Do not expect to see her overtime you walk into the clinic, but if you need to schedule an appointment specifically with her, there is always availability within a few days and she always treats you like your questions and concerns are her top priority. Be prepared, she typically runs late, so your appointments will not start on time, however, she goes back and forth between the suburbs and Chicago all the while, not rushing any patient out the door. She makes as much time as needed for each couple and individual. Dr. T clearly discussed our treatment plan and met with us for an IVF consultation to explain some questions we needed answers to before making our final decisions. Dr. T always performed initial testing and procedures and will perform our IVF egg retrieval and transfer. She did not perform our IUI's as it was not necessary. Among many things, one thing I especially appreciate about Dr. T is that your health and well-being is of utmost important. She informs you of risks and makes decisions for your treatment based off of what is in your best interest. Although our goal is to get pregnant, she makes it clear that my safety as a patient is top priority and she doesn't let numbers and statistics overshadow that importance.
Dr. T has a thick accent, and it takes a little bit of time to get used to understanding her. Don't let that barrier discourage you, she is well worth it.
Every time I step into RMI I am greeted by my first name and the staff always makes an effort to engage in conversation. They make the process short and sweet, but always take the time to answer any questions you may have.
My husband and I had been trying for 3 years and had many tests done in that time frame, we hesitated with ART until we comfortably made the decision it was best for us. I was diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility along with PCOS. Because of the amount of time we had been trying, Dr. T immediately started us off on medicated IUI cycles with trigger. Our plan was 3 and then on to IVF. At the time, we still didn't know if IVF was right for us, so we went ahead with a 4th IUI, all of our IUI's failed, never resulting in a pregnancy. We met with Dr. T regarding IVF and she explained our treatment plan to us and why it was best. We will do ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, fertilization of eggs with ICSI and once eggs are fertilized and make it to Day 5 embryos they will be frozen. We will undergo a frozen embryo transfer 3-6 weeks after egg retrieval. I am at great risk for OHSS due to PCOS and my age (29) and she feels it is best and safest to not proceed with a fresh 5 day transfer post egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Annie and Robin)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Parking at the Chicago office can be a bit hard to find and expensive. I would recommend really early appointments for ease of parking and stress. Appointments are painless to make and I have rarely had to wait in the waiting room for more than 3 minutes.
Dr. T is an in-network provider under my plan and I have not had any surprise charges that I did not expect.
I know that this is a big decision for everyone and one that should be made personally with the guidance from your doctor, but in our treatment plan, Dr. T is a firm believer of one healthy baby at a time, and that is what my husband and I are most comfortable with too. Her approach to single embryo transfers in our specific case is something we 100% agree with.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I also can not appropriately convey how amazing the staff at RMI’s [Reproductive Medicine Institute] downtown location are. The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. The billing department was very quick to get back to me and made sure I understood everything before my procedures. All of the nurses I worked with were wonderful but Stacy Roland and Annie Kane went above and beyond what I expected. I know they see so many patients each day but they always took the time to chat with me and ask how I was feeling. They were incredibly responsive by email and phone and thoroughly answered every question I had. Unfortunately, I moved away from Chicago bef
Dr. Trukacheva put my needs first. She scheduled a next day surgery the day before thanksgiving so my IVF plan didn't fall behind schedule. She worked with my insurance to help get me a fair price. She held my hand as I cried and called to check on me. She was both very honest and blunt about my prognosis while being gentle and understanding. I trusted and loved her nurses so much that I named my daughter after one of the nurses. I know I will never trust another doctor as much as I did her. For a few of my appointments, Dr. Trukhacheva ran very late, often upwards of an hour. Initially I was aggravated but after meeting with her I understood that she runs late because she cares deeply about her patients. She took the time to thoroughly go over my history and past treatment plans. I never felt rushed when I met with her. Before I worked with Dr. Trukhacheva I had an HSG with Dr. Pavone but not a hysteroscopy. I learned after meeting with Dr. Trukhacheva that having a hysteroscopy should have been something Dr. Pavone did based on my symptoms. Dr. Truckhacheva fit in my hysteroscopy and subsequent polyp and scar tissue removal the very next day, which was the day before Thanksgiving. She was initially supposed to be traveling but changed her plans so my IVF cycle didn’t have to wait until the following month. She was aggressive in the dosage of my medication which helped make my first IVF with her successful. I was worried about doing a 5 day transfer rather than a 3, but she assured me that she believed it was the most likely to produce a viable pregnancy and she was correct. Every time I met with Dr. Trukhacheva, she remembered my name, my husband’s name and knew my history. That has not been my experience with other doctors. On the day of my retrieval when I had far fewer eggs than expected, Dr. Trukhacheva was incredibly empathetic and took the time to comfort me even though I knew she had a long day ahead of her.
Trust in her completely.
The doctor and her staff care so deeply for their patients. I never felt rushed and she carefully answered any question on had. On my retrieval day when I had only 3 eggs, she cried right along with me. They checked in during and after my pregnancy. She truly is one of the kindest and smartest people I've ever known.
I have a diminished egg reserve. She used a higher dose of medicine than a previous doctor used which allowed me to create 3 eggs. She did a 5 day transfer rather than a 3 which worked out well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
My primary nurses were Stacy Roland and Annie Kane. Both worked around my schedule for labs and ultrasounds. They both called during treatment and my pregnancy to check on me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I also can not appropriately convey how amazing the staff at RMI’s downtown location are. The receptionist was always friendly and helpful. The billing department was very quick to get back to me and made sure I understood everything before my procedures. All of the nurses I worked with were wonderful but Stacy Roland and Annie Kane went above and beyond what I expected. I know they see so many patients each day but they always took the time to chat with me and ask how I was feeling. They were incredibly responsive by email and phone and thoroughly answered every question I had. Unfortunately, I moved away from Chicago before my daughter was born. I wish I could move back just so I could work with the RMI again. One of the only negative things I can say about the Reproductive Medicine Institute is the inconvenience of one of their clinics in Oak Lawn, Illinois. I initially met with Dr. Trukhacheva in the downtown Chicago location, which has great public transportation access. During my IVF cycle, I was able to use that location for labs and ultrasounds. However, on the weekends I had to go to Oak Lawn, which was okay because I had a car but would have been very difficult for anyone without their own vehicle. The egg retrieval and transfer both took place in the Oak Lawn location as well.
Her clinic helped squeeze my IVF in before the end of the year so I didn't owe as much for my deductible. Including medicine I paid roughly $4k for IVF.
Chicago

Every time during my visits I felt my issues mattered. The doctor showed she was concerned about my infertility problems. She gave my husband and I hope and confidence that one day I would birth a child. She was thorough with her plan of action and made sure we understood all of the steps that were a part of her plan. She always made sure that all of my questions were answered and I always felt comfortable asking her for help. I definitely recommend her to all of the people who are also trying to conceive.
strengths [for Reproductive Medicine Institute]- multilingual nurses. radiology department and lab are located in the same building. nice, cozy, with modern equipment clinic. not too far from freeway. many parking spots available. comfortable coaches in a lobby, vending machine.... Everybody was friendly and helpful with instructions. I always got the phone back the same day or next day. Never left alone with my issues. I was always explained how to take medications, how to do the injections. All necessary information was e-mailed to me.
professional doctor
The plan is to start Ovulation Induction with the help of oral contraceptives and inject able medication. Later, egg retrieval was done, sperm preparation and laboratory Procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
very helpful, trustful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
strengths- multilingual nurses. radiology department and lab are located in the same building. nice, cozy, with modern equipment clinic. not too far from freeway. many parking spots available. comfortable coaches in a lobby, vending machine.
the prices were reasonable
I am still in the process for preparation for embryo transfer.
Chicago

Dr. Trukhacheva was very direct about what to expect throughout the process. She was professional and seemed skilled at what she does. ...We did not see the doctor much, and it was mostly the nurses who treated me during my visits, but the nursing staff was terrific, and Dr. Trukacheva was great when we saw her....Whatever Dr. Trukhacheva recommended, we did. We had to trust that she knew what would give us the best chances of conceiving.
I was very pleased with how easy it was to do my bloodwork and ultrasounds before work. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes and very rarely had to wait. Results and instructions were sent using an online portal, which was very easy to use...it was mostly the nurses [at Reproductive Medicine Institute] who treated me during my visits, but the nursing staff was terrific...Annie and the rest of the nurses were so compassionate, professional, informative, and positive. We had a great experience!
Dr. Trukhacheva was very direct about what to expect throughout the process. She was professional and seemed skilled at what she does. We have a beautiful daughter because of her, so we are truly grateful.
We went into this with an attitude of trust. Whatever Dr. Trukhacheva recommended, we did. We had to trust that she knew what would give us the best chances of conceiving.
We did three unsuccessful rounds of IUI with clomid, one egg retrieval that gave us 3 good 5/6-day embryos, one fresh transfer (unsuccessful), and one frozen transfer of 2 embryos that resulted in a singleton birth.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Our insurance covered almost all of our costs. The only thing we paid was our copay a few times and about $1200 to freeze our embryos.
She recommended transferring our 2 frozen embryos together after our fresh transfer of 1 embryo was unsuccessful. We would have been ok with twins, but only 1 embryo took.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr. T [Dr. Trukhacheva] is amazing. I had no issues with her. She was knowledgeable, compassionate and very patient with me when I asked the same question multiple times. I never felt rushed...Trust her - she knows what she is doing...We will be thawing the leftover embroyos for PGD/PGS testing and plan to do another retrieval next year...
No weaknesses [at Repro Med Inst - Chicago]. They are great. But, I can only recommend Dr. T. Go to her, even if she takes a little longer to get in with...We did three IUIs, but I never really had a good ovulation. We did a fresh IVF cycle, but it did not work. Dr. T advised that frozen cycles are as good as fresh, sometimes better as they allow your body to rest. She was right, and I got pregnant with my frozen cycle. When we went for baby number 2 - we had to do another retrieval. She retrieved a lot of eggs I believe 48...
Dr. T is amazing. I had no issues with her. She was knowledgeable, compassionate and very patient with me when I asked the same question multiple times. I never felt rushed.
Trust her - she knows what she is doing.
Nurses knew me by name, extremely friendly, responsive, friendly
We did three IUIs, but I never really had a good ovulation. We did a fresh IVF cycle, but it did not work. Dr. T advised that frozen cycles are as good as fresh, sometimes better as they allow your body to rest. She was right, and I got pregnant with my frozen cycle. When we went for baby number 2 - we had to do another retrieval. She retrieved a lot of eggs I believe 48. I had 24 that were frozen. My second transfer resulted in the birth of another boy. We will be thawing the leftover embroyos for PGD/PGS testing and plan to do another retrieval next year.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
No weaknesses. They are great. But, I can only recommend Dr. T. Go to her, even if she takes a little longer to get in with.
Reasonable costs.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr Trukacheva was very personable and easy to talk to. She would encourage meetings to better understand course of treatment and to make us aware of risks. She would come in before every procedure and explain the process of treatment for that day...took the time to explain every step to us.
Stacy [nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute] was wonderful and easy to work with...Monitoring appointments were quick and convenient. This was nice because I needed to get in and out before work hours...The clinic is always clean and very professional. Scheduling appointments were easy and multiple times were available for us...Dr Trukacheva was very personable and easy to talk to. She would encourage meetings to better understand course of treatment and to make us aware of risks. She would come in before every procedure and explain the process of treatment for that day.
Be patient
Dr T was very personable and took the time to explain every step to us.
Stacy was wonderful and easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
The clinic is always clean and very professional. Scheduling appointments were easy and multiple times were available for us. RMI would allow a window every morning for appointments before working hours to get in for labs since this was done almost every other day
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Oakbrook