Medical SchoolHarvard
Boston, MA 02115
South Shore
1032 Main Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Elena Yanushpolsky to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brigham & Women's Hospital to a friend?
Dr. Yanushpolsky has been awesome so far. She’s thorough, kind, and compassionate. She reassures me and doesn’t mind to take the time to answer all of my questions. She listens to me and plans my treatment accordingly. As a single woman trying to have a baby, it’s easy to lean toward judgement but Dr. Yanushpolsky didn’t seem to mind; she was just as glad to help me.... Dr. Yanushpolsky and I decided to do four rounds of natural IUI
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Yanushpolsky has been awesome so far. She’s thorough, kind, and compassionate. She reassures me and doesn’t mind to take the time to answer all of my questions. She listens to me and plans my treatment accordingly. As a single woman trying to have a baby, it’s easy to lean toward judgement but Dr. Yanushpolsky didn’t seem to mind; she was just as glad to help me. I found the idea of going to an RE intimidating and still do but Dr. Yanushpolsky makes it less stressful. I don’t have any complaints yet but I’ll be sure to update you if things change.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Yanushpolsky is upbeat and tends to move fast- don’t be afraid to ask questions! She’s happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She has always been warm and kind. She takes the time to explain everything and it’s easy to get an appointment.
Describe the protocols Elena Yanushpolsky used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Dr. Yanushpolsky and I decided to do four rounds of natural IUI. She explained that because of my age (27) and the results of my blood work/HSG we would try without medication and follow up if I wasn’t pregnant after four cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kathy C. )
Kathy has been helpful and easy to get a hold of- she always responds promptly to my messages.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The front desk staff are kind and knowledgeable. I had an amazing experience when I went for my first IUI. The medical assistant who checked me in was really nice; she allowed me to be a part of the whole process, and even explained what she was doing along the way. At the end she allowed me and friends view the sperm under the microscope! Very cool!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I paid a little over 200 before the procedure, which was the fee for the doctor. The remained was billed to me- I think around 500 dollars.
2006 - 2011
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y [Yanushpolsky] was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself...Do you research, be prepared as you won't have a lot of individual time with Dr. Y. She cares tho and is very professional and knowledgeable.
2006 - 2011
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It was my first time as a fertility patient so it was definitely an overwhelming experience. Dr. Y was very practical and knowledgeable. She has a lot of strengths but the office was so busy that there could have been more help for newbies like myself.
It was busy practice so the front office staff and Dr. Y really didn't get to know you very well. As a patient you spend more time with the blood lab and ultrasound people. I was very fortunate to get pregnant on my 3rd IUI with Dr. Y. I was with a more local doctor when trying for my second years later.
Back in 2006, insurance companies were still requiring the 3 IUIs first so that's what we did and my 3rd IUI was successful and now my beautiful daughter is almost 10 :) I was happy that my insurance covered the injectable pen then as it was relatively new and less intimidating than the thicker ones they had then.
It was a long time ago. My experience varied depending on who I got to see. Some had more bedside manner than others.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Since it's at the Brigham, it can be overwhelming given all the other focus areas of the hospital overall. Do your homework and prepare to make the most of your time there. I remember sitting in an orientation clinic with a large group of hopeful parents-to-be and getting a large folder of information. It was overwhelming but doable.
I was fortunate that my insurance picked up most of my care.
Boston
She [Dr. Elena Yanushpolsky] recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
The only down side is she was always far behind on her schedule, but it was usually because she had emergencies. She was thoughtful and thorough. She listened to my concerns and responded accordingly.
Make sure you have time for the appointments. As things may take some time.
She is kind and thoughtful.
She recommended to move directly to IVF due to my abdominal pain from endometriosis. She was honest that IUI would not be the right plan for me and would just prolong pain. I started with the pre-treatment testing and then moved to treatment. I started with birth control and then injection for several days with close monitoring via blood work and ultrasound. I had a HCG trigger and then egg retrieval. They then did a 5 day fresh transfer one one embryo.
During my cycle the staff were great and very responsive. After my cycle I needed paperwork for insurance and I couldn’t get anyone to return my call. It took weeks before I got a response and then was never able to get what I needed.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
They were kind and thorough. They have a lot going on and it lead to long waits for monitoring some mornings. They were responsive when I was in cycle, but not after I was done. They did not call to update me as my embryos grew, but that may have been related to the study we participated in.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
There were many women in the waiting room and some morning they didn’t have enough techs. This lead to long waits.
I was lucky to have good insurance coverage due to mandatory coverage in Massachusetts.
Describe Elena Yanushpolsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
We participated in a study that required single embryo transfer. If we didn’t participate In the study our doctor still have strongly recommended eset. That recommended was based on my age and experience.
What specific things went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Yanushpolsky was very thorough in explaining the issues I was facing medically and why I had suffered miscarriages in the past. She was sympathetic but clear and concise in explaining how she would address the issues...she met with me and explained clomid was not what was needed and I tried one round of Ovidrel as she prescribed and was pregnant that month and had my son.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I had visited 2 other reproductive endocrinologists prior to Dr Yanushpolsky and I found them to have "better" bedside manner but they were not as results oriented as Dr Y. Although she wasn't as chatty or warm as others I had seen she was very nice and very to the point. I felt very confident in her understanding and her care plan for me.
Don't expect hugs, but expect results.
I had been on clomid for months and had experienced 3 miscarriages. Dr Yanushpolsky ran a new set of blood tests and arranged several tests to check my ovaries, eggs and fallopian tubes. As soon as the results of these tests were available she met with me and explained clomid was not what was needed and I tried one round of Ovidrel as she prescribed and was pregnant that month and had my son.
Every nurse and staff member that I encountered was very kind and compassionate and great at their job. I can't say enough good things about my experiences with them!
The tests and Ovidrel were covered by my insurance
South Shore
She [Dr Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's] was very cold but she was an excellent doctor. She was always right about her predictions...She was cold and blunt. However, I always felt very confident about her knowledge. She explained everything in detail and answered all my questions. She opened appointment times to fit me in. She's up to date with the current fertility research. Her nurses were always very nice.
How was your experience with Elena Yanushpolsky at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She was cold and blunt. However, I always felt very confident about her knowledge. She explained everything in detail and answered all my questions. She opened appointment times to fit me in. Shes up to date with the current fertiliy research. Her nurses were always very nice.
Trust her.
She was very cold but she was an excellent doctor. She was always right about her predictions.
Natural frozen cycle.
Very friendly!
Very professional.
I only paid 150 out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital?