Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins
732-935-1002
25 Rockwood Place
Englewood, NJ 07631
201-569-7773
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Eli Rybak to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
2013 - 2018
Dr. Rybak is compassionate, caring, loving and much more than just a doctor. He genuinely cares about me as a patient. He is always honest and never provides false hope or expectations. He cares about how I am doing along in the process and wants to ensure that his treatment plans are not just what he proposes but that we are in agreement...If you want a knowledgeable, caring, and someone with an amazing bedside manner than Dr. Rybak is the best choice for you!
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Rybak always made it a point to make sure I was comfortable. Even during morning monitoring he never rushed me and was empathetic to the circumstances and answered all questions. He has even called me in between treatments (even on the weekend) to make sure that I was "OK" and that we were progressing as expected.
Describe the protocols Eli Rybak used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I started with Dr. Rybak back in 2013. Treatments varied from then to now as then we did co-ivf. I was on Lupron 2 week kit, Estrace 2 mg, Medrol, Antibiotic, and progesterone in oil for transfer. My wife was on other medications for retrieval. At the end of 2017 to the beginning of this year, we did 3 IUI cycles. I was on Gonal-F (dosage ranged from 75-100 units). Recently, for retrieval I was on Gonal-F (375-450 units), Ganirelix (250 mcg), low dose HCG (50 units), and Lupron for trigger. I had always responded well to treatments so the protocol was the same for all IUIs and for retrieval I responded well too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Pomponio)
Lisa knew that fully understanding results and treatments were important to me. She always returned my calls same day and addressed all questions and concerns before 5 PM every time I called. If she was not going to be in the office during when I would normally get results or updates from her, she would email or call to let me know and who would be covering for her. I never felt like a bother to Lisa and she was always extremely patient with me!
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This clinic's strengths include: excellent staff (from the receptionist, lab techs, nurses, doctors and administrative staff). The monitoring hours are excellent because it allows us to go in for monitoring before work so that we don't have to request time off. The team at RMANJ take pride in their work and it shows.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Monitoring was super convenient! Super organized and for the most part you were seen fairly quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey.
Medications were almost fully covered for all cycles during co-IVF, IUIs, retrieval and upcoming transfer. I paid my copays for medications with the exception of Low dose HCG that was not covered and Endometrium. In total, I have paid around $1000.00 in copays. For our first retrieval and first two FET, we paid out of pocket as we were not covered under the NJ state mandate. We paid approximately $22,000. This year, the IUIs were covered under my insurance and we were only responsible for copays and coinsurance. Since we have now reached our lifetime fertility max, we paid $4.475 for the upcoming transfer cycle and about $3,800 for the retrieval. We are waiting for the claims to be processed by the insurance company to determine if we are still responsible for more. In addition to the costs of treatment, we have paid storage fees as well as donor sperm (totaling over $6,000).
Englewood
I am a genetic carrier for fragile x syndrome. My ovarian reserve is extremely low. Going through three cycles in less than a year and a half was extremely emotionally and financially taxing. Dr rybak took away all the fears that comes along with IVF and PGD...He personally called me after a negative pregnancy test He related to our religious needs He delt with compassion and honesty He was there for us every minute of our long journey...
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
I am a genetic carrier for fragile x syndrome. My ovarian reserve is extremely low. Going through three cycles in less than a year and a half was extremely emotionally and financially taxing. Dr rybak took away all the fears that comes along with IVF and PGD. He explained procedures well, during retrievals and transfers he was always calm warm and smiling. He made us feel comfortable by speaking to us not at us. A big plus was that he is also an Orthodox Jew and addressed all the complicated questions that come about with IVF. Wether a procedure fell out over the sabbath or holiday or how to get the proper supervision. He always was able to direct us properly. Something he did that really touched us before he transferred to of my frozen eggs he paused and said a meaningful prayer it meant the world to us. I see how he deals with patients of all religions and races and he treats us all the same. His compassion and love for helping bringing new souls into this world means everything to him
Dr rybak is there for you and not only his pay check. He really gives you the time you need to make sure you understand your treatment. He will spend time in office on the phone and really come up with the best plan of action
He prayed with us He laughed with us He personally called me after a negative pregnancy test He related to our religious needs He delt with compassion and honesty He was there for us every minute of our long journey And upon discharge he shook my husband hand firmly with a huge smile on his face. We will see you again for your next baby.
After each cycle the medications where adjusted each plan was sought through. When We saw after the first cycle I needed a very high dose of gonal-f . After I referred my older sister to dr rybak I told my sister to tell dr rybak we are sisters and if he could go straight to the highest dose of gonal-g because lower didn’t work for me. He listened and thank god they retrieved one 3 eggs . Only one fertilized and made it through PGD and she is joe pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot )
I spoke with my nurse Rhonda more than I spoke with my mom in a given week. No matter how many questions I had she was always patient and honest. She worked with me when I didn’t want to travel from Brooklyn to NJ for blood work. She was always making my religious concerns a priority. She was always upbeat and funny I always smiled when I spoke with her. She was so organized and made the whole process smooth and not overwhelming. Even though I saw her just once but spoke hundreds of times over the phone. I made a true friend.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
we travelled far from Brooklyn to RMA because of its lab success rate. Being a carrier for genetic Disease we wanted the best lab. And thank god we have baby and frozen embryos that are fragile x free. RMA was clean, professional. Never a long wait. Accommodating. Easy to deal with payment and bills. Warm staff. Extremely clean and sensitive to our needs
Monitoring hours where during the week from 545-730 even though every seat was filled in waiting room it really was quick and efficient. No extremely long waits.
Describe Eli Rybak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
His approach was single transfer which we agreed upon and was so happy he encouraged that
Englewood
He explained treatment plans. When our results continued to lead to poor numbers he didn’t change the protocol which I wish he would have. He kept being optimistic that the treatment plan was a good one and that it just might result in success at some point. After 4 cycles of the same we decided to go for another opinion.... We used menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. We never went over 225 of menopur or 300 Gonal f. We used growth hormone once.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Discuss other options for changing medication dosages, triggering earlier, transferring 3 day fresh embryos or not PGD testing. It seems he has a set protocol per patient and doesn’t seem to veer from it.
Dr. Rybak was always compassionate. He took the time to explain things. He made a point to reach out to me by phone. During monitoring and communicating with the nurses it felt less personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Nursing didn’t feel personalized enough for me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Big, clean professional outfit. You could have any of the doctors do your monitoring, retrieval or transfer so don’t get too attached to anyone. The monitoring appointments were hit or miss. You could wait a very long time at times. Sometimes stand on a long line and stand ina crowded waiting room. They are strict about payment. They will not give you any instruction until your account shows it’s been paid. No exceptions.
It was tough on my schedule because of limited hours and a lot of people coming at the same time.
My insurance covered most of it. Also with my insurance medications were discounted. Laser acupuncture they provided was not covered although acupuncture is covered by my insurance.
He only wanted to transfer PGD tested embryos
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Eli Ryback is was very informative in detail, and was patient with explaining certain details to me. He welcomed questions and concerns. He sympathized when things didn't go as planned, he was joyous when there was good news. Dr Ryback was very positive and optimistic.... At first I was told what my treatment would be without enough explanation. Once I pushed and showed that I wanted to be directly involved with my plan of care, Dr Ryback took the time to sit down with me and explain all of the pros, cons, and statistics regarding my treatment.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
If you have questions, make sure that you ask them and that you are satisfied with your answers. A lot of the back and forth conversation is on the phone (usually with a nurse.) You have the right to ask to meet with your doctor in person. As there are many important things to discuss in your treatment.
I felt like I was treated more as a human than a number. I was treated with compassion. At first I was told what my treatment would be without enough explanation. Once I pushed and showed that I wanted to be directly involved with my plan of care, Dr Ryback took the time to sit down with me and explain all of the pros, cons, and statistics regarding my treatment. I felt a lot more confident about my plan of care after that. Dr Eli Ryback is very compassionate and acknowledged that I was, in fact, human.
I don't remember specific dosages.. one thing that I remember was discussing whether or not I would have to use progesterone injections 2 weeks prior to transfer, up until 8 weeks of pregnancy. I would have liked not to use injections since they were painful. We were discussing the use of progesterone suppositories, but in the end, Dr Ryback wanted me to use the injections since we had not determined my ovulation cycle or if I was ovulating at all. He felt that the progesterone injections would be my best bet after transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Bridget)
I was assigned a "personal nurse" but this was really not the case. She was my primary nurse, however, my nurse was really whoever was on call for that day. She was very clear with instructions for injections and such, but there were times when I felt that she "dropped the ball" on me when she would catch me by surprise with the plan of care - and I had not realized it would be so. It was hard to process that things weren't exactly clear. But she did remedy these "surprises" well and would explain the reasoning to me. There were times though that I felt she was rushed and I had considered asking for a different nurse, but I didn't know if that would really change anything.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic was clean and comfortable. In terms of Morning Monitoring, a staff member gave me a helpful tip to arrive 10 min before opening in order to beat the morning rush. I would arrive at 5:45am and wait for the doors to open at 6 so that I would be one of the first 5 patients of the day. I was in and out between blood work and ultrasounds in under 30 min (sometimes even 20 min.) If you show up at 7:30, you can expect to wait around for a while due to the volume of patients coming in at that time. The Englewood location was only for my initial consultation, morning monitoring, and meetings that I requested with my Doctor. All other procedures were done at Basking Ridge, NJ, as well as Saturday and Sunday monitoring.
There was comfortable seating, it was a first come first served basis. So the earlier you arrived, the sooner you'd be seen. A nurse would come into the waiting room and call your first name. This did not bother me. It was run efficiently, which is what you want at 6 in the morning.
About 95-99% of my bills were covered through insurance, (roughly $15,000+ for the injections, monitoring, and egg retreival.) I don't remember how much the transfer was (maybe $5,000-$10,000 but I honestly don't remember.) There is a $1200/year embryo storage fee which was also not covered by insurance. My insurance did not cover the PGD testing. I paid out of pocket for testing the chromosomes of the embryos, which costed $4500 for up to 12 embryos. (I had 5 embryos, still the same $4500)
Dr Ryback strongly believes in eSET. His motto is "One healthy mother; One healthy baby." He explained that multiple embryo transfer does not guarantee multiple live births. Additionally, multiple embryo's can cause more complications and risks later on. Even twins pose more risks to each other and to the mother. He felt that the healthiest option was a single embryo transferred and I completely agreed with him.
2013 - 2014
Dr. Rybak [of RMA of New Jersey] made a difficult process bearable. My diagnosis was DOR and I didn't respond well to the meds. But he held out hope and kept adjusting my meds in the hopes of getting better response. He always made time for me and arranged for conference calls to discuss failed cycles and his thoughts moving forward. His bedside manner was gentle and very caring.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Ryback made a difficult process bearable. My diagnosis was DOR and I didn't respond well to the meds. But he held out hope and kept adjusting my meds in the hopes of getting better response. He always made time for me and arranged for conference calls to discuss failed cycles and his thoughts moving forward. His bedside manner was gentle and very caring.
You will not always see Dr. Ryback during the monitoring he is reviewing your numbers and keeping an eye on you! Even after I went with another doctor in the clinic just due to logistics he continued to keep an eye on my progress.
Dr. Ryback spent time meeting with my husband and I when we we first started this journey. He was prepared for our meeting and discussed our options. Throughout my treatment he would have conference calls with us to review failed cycles and talk about next steps. I truly felt that he cared about me and my dreams to have a family. I even introduced him to my son that he helped create and he picked him and hugged him and was truly so happy for me.
We started with the micro dose lupron flare protocol. It resulted in 3 embryos which was my only successful retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Josephine Salluce)
Josephine was a stable in my treatment. She was very responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big clinic and clearly knows what they are doing. However, you do feel like a number during the routine monitoring. Some of the doctors get to know you and are kind others just examine you and move onto next patient.
Depended on the day and office. Morristown during the week was OK if you got there early. Basking Ridge on the weekend was horrible. Long waits for ultrasound.
It cost around 20k.
Morristown
2014 - 2018
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
When I was with him [Dr. Rybak] in the office or on the phone it felt like he genuinely cared about my well being...He was good one on one and made me feel like I was in good hands whenever I saw him. The clinic makes it hard to get in touch with him on the phone which was very frustrating but once he was made aware of the situation he took care of me...I used a few different injections to stimulate my ovaries as much as possible. Went in for morning monitoring very often
2014 - 2018
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is a caring doctor if you want a successful retreival.
When I was with him in the office or on the phone it felt like he genuinely cared about my well being.
I used a few different injections to stimulate my ovaries as much as possible. Went in for morning monitoring very often.
My nurse was rude and had no compassion for me. I was having complications and they just referred me to an ER and scheduled me for morning monitoring which was completely inappropriate. They firld the doctors calls and make it hard to get in touch with them. At one point she asked me if I was exaagerating my symptoms. I had to see my OBGYN to address the problem because my nurse would not help me although it was her responsibility.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is good at ehat they do but if you are a special case and it strays from their “textbook” you wont get the proper care. It is a very big company and patients tend to get lost. I felt more like a number than a human.
If you went early enough you could get in and out quickly enough.
1 cycle for a frozen embryo retreival cost around 5200 including genetic testing.
He likes to only transfer one if possible. If the eggs are good quality and there is no reason for the uterus to not take the implantation then he will only want to transfer one.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr Rybak is such a thorough and kind doctor. I went with him based on recommendations from several friends, we are glad we did. He communicates with my husband and I and takes time to speak with us over the phone, together and separately. He has helped my husband work through his concerns and adjusted our treatment as needed. His professionalism is very high, my husband is in pharmaceutical research so he can also communicate with my husband on that level as well.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
Keep asking him, he will explain everything.
He was always personable with me and my husband. He spoke to both of us gently but conveyed the information professionally. He truly acts like a partner with us in helping us build our family.
So far I’ve had one cycle and there hasn’t been much to adjust. We did have one setback with a cyst starting this transfer cycle but it was quickly taken care of.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is a big clinic, so it’s easy to get a little lost. Always ask questions and get to know everyone who you see, for monitoring or procedures. Knowing who everyone is helped me navigate better and be a better advocate for myself. And don’t feel bad ‘pestering’ them for answers, that’s their job.
Procedures were covered except for 20% deductible and meds we opted for out of pocket. About $8K for all that so far .
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Dr. Rybak is excellent at answering all questions and explaining things in a clear and understanding way. He also shows true concern for each of his patients. He is absolutely brilliant and not afraid to try new things if something isn't working. He makes you leave his office feeling so cared about and calm.... Dr. Ryback is very special!! After my first devastating and unexpected failed cycle, he called me just to check in to see how I'm holding up. Although most doctors would hopefully do this, Dr. Rybak called me on a Friday afternoon from home 1/2 before the Sabbath was about to begin. He genuinely cares about each one of his patients!
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
To be aware that he talks very fast :) But don't hesitate to ask questions for clarification!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Bizub)
Her name is Lauren Bizub and she always returns your call by the end of the day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are very organized and experienced in their financial department and medical department. They are on top of all necessary forms and are always making sure their patients are up to date on what they need to sign.
You have to go very early if you don't want to be waiting for a really long time. There are generally a lot of people who go for monitoring hours at the Englewood office.
Each retrieval cycle would be about $13 k.
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Rybak printed our charts, read through them at length, and had spent over and hour making notes BEFORE we arrived. I didn't even have to say, "How would you address our case differently" because that was one of the first things to come out of his mouth.
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He was amazing! Intelligent, compassionate, and caring. He is always looking for new solutions and techniques to help his patients reach the ultimate goal. He will go above and beyond for every one of his patients, including calling us to wish us "Mazel Tov" once our baby girl arrived!
Do your research and know the field, and ask tons of questions. He will always happily answer and take the time to insure you understand exactly what is going on.
I loved my care team. They were amazing. One thing that really resonated with me was the first time we went to meet with Dr. Rybak, the clinics computer system was down, and Dr. Rybak printed our charts, read through them at lenght, and had spent over and hour making notes BEFORE we arrived. I didn't even have to say, "How would you address our case differently" because that was one of the first things to come out of his mouth.
Her compassion, attention to detail, and the love she has for her job and patients. She helped us through some extremely hard times. She cried with us when we lost our son and celebrated with us when our daughter was born. She wasn't just our nurse, she was like a mother to us.
It was an efficient, well-oiled machine but there is always a line. Monitoring hours start at 5:45 -- which is very convenient -- but you need to be the first to arrive or wait until after 7 a.m.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I did IVF treatment with a egg donor (Spouse). I also did 5 IUI Cycles [with Dr. Rybak]. which failed....was very understanding and sweet and nice and understood what I wanted and never forced me to do anything I did not want to do...honest and professional. He understood my needs and yes I felt he delivered that but I cant say the same regarding the clinic he works for, the communication is the strongest suit.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
I feel Dr Rybak is compassionate, honest and professional. He understood my needs and yes I felt he delivered that but I cant say the same regarding the clinic he works for, the communication is the strongest suit.
Write down everything and ask questions even if you feel they are dum questions.
Dr. Rybak was very understanding and sweet and nice and understood what I wanted and never forced me to do anything I did not want to do.
I did IVF treatment with a egg donor (Spouse). I also did 5 IUI Cycles. which failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Megan, Brianna and Jessica)
I would say my first and second nurse (Megan and Brianna) was very sweet and nice and helpful but I cant say the same for my last nurse Jessica and the on call nurses. They were not helpful at all. One of the reasons I did want to go there anymore.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic needs more communications and organization skills. I love the hours of the clinic and the staff was very nice but again certain nurses wasn't all that great. They clinic was very clean. The on call nurses and doctor need improvement.
IVF was 30,000 IUI was 4,000
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. eli ryback was very professional warm nice explaining the best with out a doubt...Dr. Eli Rybak was the right Dr. in the right time he has most what i wanted of a Dr. compassionate nice caring explaining knowledgeable & much more he is a great person & dr...overall they were very nice professional...it is a good nice clinc [RMA - Basking Ridge] with a alot of good things its just mybe to big so you my feel numbered but overall very good
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
in the previous i described it pretty well but again Dr. Eli Rybak was the right Dr. in the right time he has most what i wanted of a Dr. compassionate nice caring explaining knowledgeable & much more he is a great person & dr.
wirte you self down your Q so you dont forget to ask in the mountains of information
the Dr. eli ryback was very professional warm nice explaining the best with out a doubt the nurse a Little Les but was also very professional explaining more pressured in time the more we wand down in the rank the less we felt because you were you were more like a number more pressured in time to much pt. but overall they were very nice professional
i dont know them of hand im soory
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: rhonda minort)
very upbeat nice warm just a little less then the dr. she was on the button & run to the next pt. wich i did not feel by the dr. but overall verry good
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
it is a good nice clinc with a alot of good things its just mybe to big so you my feel numbered but overall very good
it was the best that cloud be erly morning wait but OK
i hed a Charity org‎ help me so i dont real konw
yes we had long conversation about it we decided at 1 but the Dr. gave me the freedom to decide
Basking Ridge
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
We are going with embryo donation through RMA our cycle starts this month...Don't let the title of Rabbi deter you from being open and honest with him [Eli Rybak]. He is just a wonderful warm person who loves helping his patients...He took the time to know us, he is a Rabbi my husband is a pastor and I am a devout Catholic. He makes religion part of our discussion because he knows it is important to us.
How was your experience with Eli Rybak at RMA of New Jersey?
He is our biggest cheerleader and at the same time helps us to manage our expectations.
Don't let the title of Rabbi deter you from being open and honest with him. He is just a wonderful warm person who loves helping his patients
We are going with embryo donation through RMA our cycle starts this month
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Silva and Ann Marie Luft)
My first nurse Melissa Silva was with me through the iui. She was so kind and compassionate and attentive. I'm now working with Ann Marie Luft and the third party team and she has also been a great nurse through this process
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The only weakness I can see with this clinic is that there aren't many seats in the morning at the Englewood office for morning monitoring. And Even that is being addressed with a Reno right now. I love RMA Nj
I'm paying approximately $14000 for the embryo adoption
2012 - 2013
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
I had the best experience with Dr Rybak and RMA [New Jersey]. My calls were always returned in a timely matter. Dr Rybak called me himself if there was ever a change in procedure or to deliver important news and was able to diagnose me within 10 minutes only meeting me... He was always warm and compassionate and made sure he was available to answer all questions
2012 - 2013
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
Use him
I had the best experience with Dr rybak and rma. My calls were always returned in a timely matter. Dr rybak called me himself if there was ever a change in procedure or to deliver important news and was able to diagnose me within 10 minutes only meeting me
She always returned my calls and made sure I understood exactly what I needed to do
24k due to double pgd