5.2

135 N. Arlington Heights
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
847-215-8899

2021, Unsuccessful
it was really difficult to get ahold of him [Dr. Hobeika] or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority...at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday...I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
FCI [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound...I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine...I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy...
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I could never get ahold of my nurse or doctor when I needed to (at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday). And I think something was off with the protocol. I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not go here for egg freezing, especially if you are paying out of pocket. Go somewhere that will make you a priority and not waste your money, and will be available to answer your questions and fears.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
When I was able to chat face-to-face (virtually) with Dr Hobeika, his bedside manner was great. But it was really difficult to get ahold of him or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority. I also felt pretty foolish a few times (e.g., he had promised to follow up with materials and never did - them told me none of his patients asked the detail I was asking for)
Describe the protocols Elie Hobeika used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I had been on birth control for 10-15 years, so I went off of it for about 3-4 months. Then I did 5-6 days of Minivelle/Estradial patches and Cetrotide for priming. A week later, my period started and we began with Menopur and Gonal F. Stimulation lasted 11 days. We kept Menopur at 150 the entire protocol, while the Gonal F we increased from 225 for 3 days, then 300, then 375, then 450 for the last 4 days. I started Cetrotide again on day 8. We triggered with just 10,000 HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Bevin)
I think the nurse is where most of the confusion lays (though I still put the doctor with ultimate responsibility). I was never able to get ahold of her or ask questions - and there were often very hurried and unclear responses about my medication. It is VERY difficult to understand the process the first time through, and I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy. I was also kicked out of my post-op room way too soon. I was still shivering and sobbing coming down from the anesthesia, and they kicked me out before my doctor even stopped by to check on me or tell me the # of eggs they had retrieved. This almost felt like malpractice - I was left to leave the clinic alone and wait outside for my ride. The next day we had a call to which the doctor said "oh yah, I wondered where you had gone!"
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound, and don't be surprised if they forget you (about half of the time I had to remind them I was there). It is VERY hard to manage a work schedule around their BW/US appointments as you don't know when you will be out of there. As mentioned previously, it is also very difficult to get ahold of your nurse or someone on your team to answer any questions you may have about your treatment or protocol.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine. I was told late in the evening one day that I actually should have started Cetrotide earlier that day, yet I had none left in my medicine supply (I had never been told I would start Cetrotide in the protocol - I had used all 4 doses the pharmacy gave me in the priming. Worth noting the pharmacy was VERY surprised to hear I had used Cetrotide in my priming). Thank goodness a friend had an extra dose of Cetrotide so I could use that and get my medication delivered the next day - otherwise I would have missed a day of meds due to the unorganized nurse.
Buffalo Grove

We had gone to see him [Dr. Hobeika] for a second opinion...It was definitely the smartest decision that we had ever made switching over to him. He does take his time to answer each and every question...Dr. Hobeika is detail oriented which is exactly what you'd want out of a fertility specialist...Dr. Hobeika did inform me that since I am <35yrs old, that the guidelines do recommend eSET vs multiple embryo transfer.
Initially had a primary nurse assigned (Shannon), but ended up communicating with the rest of the nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of Illinois], all of whom were great!...Both locations are very busy. Sometimes it was difficult to get an appointment based on my work schedule, which is understandable. The staff at both locations is very nice & they did try to work with me in order to make these appointments for blood work & US scans feasible....
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Hobeika is absolutely wonderful, to say the least. We had gone to see him for a second opinion (after my initial fertility specialist in Milwaukee had informed us that I would need surgery to remove BOTH of my fallopian tubes after an HSG procedure). Dr. Hobeika made sure to repeat the HSG and he was the one that was performing it so he knew exactly what to look for). He informed me that NO I did not have to remove EITHER fallopian tube. Definitely made a difference in my life, without a doubt! It was definitely the smartest decision that we had ever made switching over to him. He does take his time to answer each and every question and address any concerns that we had. From the time that we had initially met him for our consult, I felt at ease. He was great at explaining every step of the process! Dr. Hobeika is detail oriented which is exactly what you'd want out of a fertility specialist. Would definitely go back to him in a heartbeat and I would definitely highly recommend anyone struggling with fertility issues to see Dr. Hobeika!
Must see Dr. Hobeika for all of your fertility concerns/fertility journey!
Dr. Hobeika created a personalized care plan for my husband and I. He was compassionate, honest and took his time to address any of our concerns. We did not feel rushed during our meetings with him. He made sure that we understood the rationale behind his care and decisions. Dr. Hobeika took the time to call us and give us the good news of our positive pregnancy test!
Dr. Hobeika placed me on Estrogen patches for priming for about 3-4 days. Then, I was on Follistim 300 units daily & Menopur 150mg daily. Went in for follicle growth scans every other day. He ended up adjusting my Follistim dose after a couple of scans and increasing it to 450 units daily due to slow follicle growth. Ended up taking stimulation medications for 14 days. Went in for egg retrieval & ended up with 13 follicles, 9 matured & 9 fertilized with ICSI (to my surprise, given my AMH was on the lower end for my age *I'm 33 and AMH level of 0.69). 1 fresh 5 day blastocyst transfer. 5 made it to day 6 which were frozen; did PGT-A testing & 2 normal euploids. Couldn't be happier! He fine-tuned everything prior to starting the actual stimulation phase. Dr. Hobeika also closely monitored my TSH levels and initiated Levothyroxine & adjusted the dosage as needed based on blood results. All of my other physicians had been telling me that my TSH levels were "fine" for years, despite the levels being >3 for years when in reality levels are supposed to be <2.5 for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Shannon, Abby, Christina, Bevin)
Initially had a primary nurse assigned (Shannon), but ended up communicating with the rest of the nursing staff, all of whom were great!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I mostly went to the Hoffman Estates location along with River North. Both locations are very busy. Sometimes it was difficult to get an appointment based on my work schedule, which is understandable. The staff at both locations is very nice & they did try to work with me in order to make these appointments for blood work & US scans feasible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My husband has UHC. UHC does not cover fertility services. Instead, they have a branch called Progyny. Progyny is great! Out of pocket costs were minimal with Progyny.
Describe Elie Hobeika's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Hoffman Estates

Dr. Hobeika from the start made me feel like a person. He listened to our concerns and questions and talked with me in a manner we could comprehend. Even after I asked if it came to IVF, would I be able to be monitored here and treated at a lower cost clinic out of state, he was very supportive. Ever since our clinic has been closed, he has worked with my Ob-Gyn to ensure I can still get my medications needed and he has called me personally on numerous occasions, just to check up on me. He does what he can to get the best possible scenario for us, even though we cannot continue treatment at the moment.
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Hobeika was very warm and open from the beginning. He had to come to the clinic as a favor because the doctor originally scheduled for my consult fell sick, but now I wouldn't want any other specialist. He was very thorough with my diagnostic information, and the next steps to take, how to figure out finances, and introduced me to my personal nurse. He let every decision be my (and my husband's) own. I would also like to point out he has personally called me on several occasions during this Covid-19 crisis just to make sure we can do all we can from home while treatment has stopped. While the clinic can no longer see me, he has worked with my Ob-Gyn to ensure I receive any medication that could help us conceive at home. It is so very obvious he is in this for all the right reasons, as he is even supportive if my IUI's don't work and I need to be monitored at this clinic while undergoing IVF at a lower cost clinic out of state. He has never made me feel like it's about what I could do for him, but what he could do for me. And that is the type of doctor everyone should have. I feel that God has placed him in our path and I am excited for what is to come!
Don't not be afraid to come with your list of questions. He will answer every one of them, no matter how long they take.
So far I am only in the IUI stage. I have had 2. For each I was monitored with ultrasound and blood work at the beginning of my cycle (to make sure I had follicles and to assess my lining and hormone levels). Then I was on medication to help my eggs mature, followed by another ultrasound and blood work (to see if my lining was thick enough, my eggs were getting mature, and assess my hormone levels again). Each of those ultrasounds were very close to having my eggs matured, so I waa prescribed a trigger shot right away on both cycles. A couple days later I would do my IUI. The ultrasounds and blood work helped them decide to prescribe estrogen in my first cycle, and progesterone in my second. I also switched from Clomid on my first cycle to Letrozole on my second since I had been taking Clomid for 6 months prior. Every detail of my treatment and that of my previous treatments at my Ob-gyn were fully analyzed. Now, while I can no longer go into the clinic, my doctor is working with my Ob-Gyn, to prescribe medicine for me while the clinic is closed, and he also instructed me how to use my left over progesterone since it is likely that I am still low. So even though I am not technically in a monitored treatment cycle, I feel very confident we are doing everything we can at an impossible time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jazmyn)
Jazmyn is an excellent nurse. I speak to her the most since she is my liaison with the doctor. Every single appointment I had was followed up by a call from her. Even if I needed to speak to her after hours, she would call me back. I love her!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The front desk is efficient and friendly. The waiting room is clean and inviting. The entire team work together so that we are seen right away. I am a teacher and need to be in and out to get to work. From the beginning they assured me that they would help that happen. I have never been late once. During Covid-19 they thankfully finished existing cycles, while taking our temperature before entering. Then they closed down the clinic, except for positive pregnancies, which they referred to one of our offices that would remain open for that reason. Now they are slowly opening again for diagnostic testing, then higher need patients (IVF's over 40), and then eventually to all IVFs and IUIs possibly in May. I think this is a very sensible approach in considering the needs of patients as well as the health of the wonderful staff. I really don't see any weaknesses.
Since I am newer I haven't received all my bills yet, but mine go through Progyny and they take longer and I pay them directly. So far every statement or EOB I have received has been exactly the out of pocket expenses I expected from my insurance coverage. They have a financial specialist if I ever need an explanation of costs.
I have not started IVF yet, but he was very respectful of my conservative wish to make only as many embryos as I would be able to have transferred. I do not believe in letting my embryos sit in limbo. He was understanding.
Tinley Park

Out of all of the doctors I’ve worked with he [Dr. Elie Hobeika] has by far surpassed my expectations of care. He’s patient and thorough. Takes the time to make sure you understand what’s going on and what can/can not happen. Calls to check in on your during your treatment cycles and calls personally with bad news which makes a world of difference. He is compassionate and you can tell that he really loves his patients and what he does...I feel like a human under Dr Hobeika’s care...
I do like that they [Fertility Centers of Illinois] have flexible schedules. The wait times are often long but as long as you’re aware of that you’re able to plan around it. It took me awhile before I figured out exactly how to make all of the appointments work with my schedule...[Dr. Hobeika] Calls to check in on your during your treatment cycles and calls personally with bad news which makes a world of difference....
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I absolutely love Dr Hobeika. Out of all of the doctors I’ve worked with he has by far surpassed my expectations of care. He’s patient and thorough. Takes the time to make sure you understand what’s going on and what can/can not happen. Calls to check in on your during your treatment cycles and calls personally with bad news which makes a world of difference. He is compassionate and you can tell that he really loves his patients and what he does.
Please pick him to be your doctor. I’ve had a few fertility doctors to date and he is by far the best I’ve had.
I feel like a human under Dr Hobeika’s care which is not the experience I’ve had previously.
I’m plagued with ovarian cysts so I had to be monitored closely as I did not respond to the medications the way I should have due to interference from the cyst on my ovary. It wasn’t active at the time of starting stims so we had to adjust our treatment when it began to interfere with the hormones.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Shamila )
I’ve been with FCI long enough to have undergone changes in the staff so there were a few mishaps along the way while the new nurses were being trained but I was patient and now we have a great relationship. They become like a second family.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I do like that they have flexible schedules. The wait times are often long but as long as you’re aware of that you’re able to plan around it. It took me awhile before I figured out exactly how to make all of the appointments work with my schedule.
I have decent insurance but I’m not sure how much I’ve spent over the past year.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
When the new nurse was training she incorrectly provided me with instructions to begin medication after the doctor told me that my cycle would be canceled for that month. She quickly realized and called to rectify the situation.
Tinley Park
From our first appointment Dr. Hobeika was eager to ensure that our experience was personalized for us. He was a great communicator and ensured that he was available to answer questions when needed. In addition he made sure to schedule my transfer so that he was physician on shift. He also personally called me to share my pregnancy test results...truly sees the whole patient not just a number. He inquired about our family plans and seemed truly invested in helping us achieve our desired outcomes.
We completed a frozen transfer [at Fertility Centers of Illinois]...I had two primary nurses while at this clinic. We started with one and then moved to another due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Both nurses were excellent communicators and showed excitement for our success!...is a small office. The staff remember you by name and are overall friendly. One of the receptionists was not as friendly but she did warm up after multiple appointments. In addition I liked that they always ran timely. I never waited more than 5-8 minutes for my appointments.
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Before starting this treatment cycle we had a negative experience with another doctor at this clinic. I was feeling nervous and a bit guarded. From our first appointment Dr. Hobeika was eager to ensure that our experience was personalized for us. He was a great communicator and ensured that he was available to answer questions when needed. In addition he made sure to schedule my transfer so that he was physician on shift. He also personally called me to share my pregnancy test results.
Dr. Hobeika truly sees the whole patient not just a number. He inquired about our family plans and seemed truly invested in helping us achieve our desired outcomes.
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hobeika! He was kind, informative, seemed genuinely interested in our infertility journey, and overall had great bedside manner. In addition he made sure to time our appointments so that he was the doctor doing my transfer. He also personally called to tell me I was pregnant! We had such a great experience!
We completed a frozen transfer. We began with a birth control regime, then moved to preparing the uterus for transfer with progesterone injections and vaginal inserts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Michelle & Shamalia)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I enjoyed that FCI is a small office. The staff remember you by name and are overall friendly. One of the receptionists was not as friendly but she did warm up after multiple appointments. In addition I liked that they always ran timely. I never waited more than 5-8 minutes for my appointments.
Tinley Park
They [nurses at Fertility Centers of Illinois] are very professional...Very Clean...smells good...and organized...good location it seems a new building also huge parking lot close to highway easy getting and get out and nothing bad to report except maybe a little too small in the inside...Doctor Hobeika was very understanding ,polite ,professional...I never felt I’m a number with him...bc i speak French and I don’t speak fluent English he was speaking French to me...I was so happy because you can’t find too many doctors speak French...also the surgery that he done to me was 100% successful...And right after it I got pregnant knowing that I struggled for a long time to conceive I thank you doctor Hobeika so much
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Doctor Hobeika was very professional understanding polite respectful also bc i speak French and I don’t speak fluent English he was speaking French to me I was so happy because you can’t find too many doctors speak French also the surgery that he done to me was 100% successful And right after it I got pregnant knowing that I struggled for a long time to conceive I thank you doctor Hobeika so much
My advice is don’t hesitate to let doctor Hobeika help you getting pregnant you made the right choice
Doctor Hobeika was very understanding ,polite ,professional I never felt I’m a number with him I would recommend him to All patients thank you doctor hobeika I owe you my life you helped me becoming a Mom
Doctor Hobeika was going smoothly step by step afer blood work he prescribed me multiple vitamins then he sent me to see a gynecologist to make sure I’m cancer free and when the time was right he preceded with the surgery wich was successful with no side effects
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
They are very professional
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Very Clean smells good and organized good location it seems a new building also huge parking lot close to highway easy getting and get out and nothing bad to report except maybe a little too small in the inside
I don’t remember exactly but I have Aetna insurance
Lindenhurst (closed)
Dr. Hobeika was phenomenal. He took his time with me at every appointment and never tried to rush through them. He explained everything very well and answered all questions I had...He recommended only one embryo to be transferred...He is very kind and caring. He explains things very well and I always left understanding what was going on
The clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois] was always clean. The staff were organized and always brought you back on time for your appointments. The whole staff is so friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend friends and family here...Bevin was my nurse and she really is god sent....
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Hobeika was fantastic. He is very kind and caring. He explains things very well and I always left understanding what was going on. He never tried to rush through appointments which I liked a lot.
Trust in him! He’s amazing!
My treatment was IVF. I had to take injections because that was the plan he had recommended for my husband and I. The process went very well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Bevin )
Bevin was my nurse and she really is god sent. I’ve dealt with some pretty horrible nurses elsewhere and she was by far the best.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic was always clean. The staff were organized and always brought you back on time for your appointments. The whole staff is so friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend friends and family here.
He recommended only one embryo to be transferred. This was our first time and it worked. :)

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Hobeika] was always trying to help us find ways to cover expenses including signing us up for a fertility trial and calling at home to let us know about this grant...I mentioned my concerns regarding a recent phone call explaining lab results and he stopped what he was doing and reviewed everything and discussed what these test results meant and helped ease my concerns
{The staff at] FCI in Tinley Park were great, especially our nurse...She informed us about grants and financing options...I was showing signs of low ovarian reserve...The nurse failed to document on the other side and my numbers appeared much lower then they really were...evaluation of infertility has costed 1500.00. Estimated cost for IUI...2500.00 to 3500.00 and IVF...around 10,000
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
As a patient, my experience with Dr. Hobeika has been very excellent. When my husband and I decided to seek treatment for infertility we weren't sure what to expect and had many fears regarding the process. From the very first appointment we were able to meet with Dr. Hobeika where a folder with several informative packets of information regarding fertility treatment was provided. During one visit I mentioned my concerns regarding a recent phone call explaining lab results and he stopped what he was doing and reviewed everything and discussed what these test results meant and helped ease my concerns. He was aware that neither of our jobs covered fertility treatments and was always trying to help us find ways to cover expenses including signing us up for a fertility trial and calling at home to let us know about this grant. We would recommend Dr. Hobeika to anyone who needs assistance with their fertility struggles.
Be upfront with any concerns that you have and fill out all the paperwork as honestly as you can so they can help you.
Dr. Hobeika was very personable. He remembered that I was a nurse from my initial paperwork and always made it a point to talk to me about work when we talked. During a saline flush procedure I expressed concerns with a recent phone call I had received regarding test results and he pulled up all my information and explained everything in detail to ease my concerns.
To begin, my husband and I both had lab testing to check baseline labs and hormone labs. I remember I expressed concerns with possible having PCOS so I had several labs to check if that was an issue. My husband had to have his sperm tested. His numbers were abnormal so they recommended a few supplements to take and then they retested his sperm again. I underwent a saline sonohystogram to insure that my tubes were open and not blocked for any reason. Our last meeting took place during the beginning stages of the COVID-19 outbreak so unfortunately all further treatments were put on hold. We were about to start IUI or proceed with IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
All of the staff members at FCI in Tinley Park were great, especially our nurse. She explained the process and helped answer all of our questions. She informed us about grants and financing options as neither of us have any coverage for fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Clinic's strengths: Easy scheduling Convenient location Clinic's weaknesses: The facility is rather small and the waiting area feels a little crowded One visit I had to wait more then 30 minutes to see the doctor
To date our evaluation of infertility has costed 1500.00. Estimated cost for IUI was provided at 2500.00 to 3500.00 and IVF was said to cost around 10,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
After my ultrasound for follicle count was performed I received a phone call that I was showing signs of low ovarian reserve. During a follow-up visit with Dr. Hobeika I expressed concerns over this result and he discovered that only one ovary was counted during this test. The nurse failed to document on the other side and my numbers appeared much lower then they really were.