Strongly recommend: 86%Don't recommend: 14%9

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
847-215-8899

1 patient review filtered by:

2021, Unsuccessful
it was really difficult to get ahold of him [Dr. Hobeika] or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority...at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday...I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
FCI [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound...I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine...I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy...
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I could never get ahold of my nurse or doctor when I needed to (at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday). And I think something was off with the protocol. I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not go here for egg freezing, especially if you are paying out of pocket. Go somewhere that will make you a priority and not waste your money, and will be available to answer your questions and fears.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
When I was able to chat face-to-face (virtually) with Dr Hobeika, his bedside manner was great. But it was really difficult to get ahold of him or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority. I also felt pretty foolish a few times (e.g., he had promised to follow up with materials and never did - them told me none of his patients asked the detail I was asking for)
Describe the protocols Elie Hobeika used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I had been on birth control for 10-15 years, so I went off of it for about 3-4 months. Then I did 5-6 days of Minivelle/Estradial patches and Cetrotide for priming. A week later, my period started and we began with Menopur and Gonal F. Stimulation lasted 11 days. We kept Menopur at 150 the entire protocol, while the Gonal F we increased from 225 for 3 days, then 300, then 375, then 450 for the last 4 days. I started Cetrotide again on day 8. We triggered with just 10,000 HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Bevin)
I think the nurse is where most of the confusion lays (though I still put the doctor with ultimate responsibility). I was never able to get ahold of her or ask questions - and there were often very hurried and unclear responses about my medication. It is VERY difficult to understand the process the first time through, and I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy. I was also kicked out of my post-op room way too soon. I was still shivering and sobbing coming down from the anesthesia, and they kicked me out before my doctor even stopped by to check on me or tell me the # of eggs they had retrieved. This almost felt like malpractice - I was left to leave the clinic alone and wait outside for my ride. The next day we had a call to which the doctor said "oh yah, I wondered where you had gone!"
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound, and don't be surprised if they forget you (about half of the time I had to remind them I was there). It is VERY hard to manage a work schedule around their BW/US appointments as you don't know when you will be out of there. As mentioned previously, it is also very difficult to get ahold of your nurse or someone on your team to answer any questions you may have about your treatment or protocol.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine. I was told late in the evening one day that I actually should have started Cetrotide earlier that day, yet I had none left in my medicine supply (I had never been told I would start Cetrotide in the protocol - I had used all 4 doses the pharmacy gave me in the priming. Worth noting the pharmacy was VERY surprised to hear I had used Cetrotide in my priming). Thank goodness a friend had an extra dose of Cetrotide so I could use that and get my medication delivered the next day - otherwise I would have missed a day of meds due to the unorganized nurse.
Elie Hobeika