Medical SchoolU. of Connecticut
503.274.4994
2222 NW Lovejoy
Portland, OR 97210
877-567-4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Elizabeth Barbieri to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ORM Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt that she [Dr. Balbieri] was easy to talk to and tried to be realistic about chances of success. When I did not respond to injectables, she urged me to cancel the cycle, which was upsetting, but after speaking with people who did do cycles with 3-5 follicles, I am very pleased she convinced me to stop given the expense and anticipated poor outcome.... I started on an IVF protocol. I had never done IVF before, had responded well to clomid with 2-3 follicles each time. My protocol was OCP for 10 days, then a few day break, started dexamethasone, followed by 2 menopur in AM and follistim 300 in pm. AFC was 16.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
I felt that she was easy to talk to and tried to be realistic about chances of success. When I did not respond to injectables, she urged me to cancel the cycle, which was upsetting, but after speaking with people who did do cycles with 3-5 follicles, I am very pleased she convinced me to stop given the expense and anticipated poor outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Have a realistic understanding of the chance of success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Clinic staff is easy to talk to, able to get appointments easily, listened to my previous experience.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Barbieri used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
I started on an IVF protocol. I had never done IVF before, had responded well to clomid with 2-3 follicles each time. My protocol was OCP for 10 days, then a few day break, started dexamethasone, followed by 2 menopur in AM and follistim 300 in pm. AFC was 16. I was monitored on day 3,5, and 7. By day 7, I had only 3 follicles responding well so was advised to stop stims and cancel the cycle. It was converted to IUI with vaginal progesterone, which unfortunately failed. Per follow up discussion, felt that OCP was oversuppressing so advice was to start stims again as a natural cycle with no OCP.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
I ended up meeting with a few different coordinators even though I had one assigned to me. They were all helpful and able to answer questions about my protocol. When needed, they would talk to Dr. Barbieri and get back to me later in the day.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
This clinic is in a good location that is easy to get to, it has parking right outside, and all of my appointments except one have started on time, which is important when fitting visits in alongside a full time job. They also have monitoring appointments available starting at 7AM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility.
They provide an out of pocket estimate. Pre-cycle testing 2-8k. Cost of one cycle is $20,200 plus medications. While my insurance does not cover IVF, they did cover all the IVF monitoring appointments with this clinic, so the cost of my canceled cycle was quite low.
Describe Elizabeth Barbieri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
She strongly advised transferring a single PGS tested embryo per transfer. Given 3 miscarriages she wants me to do PGS testing.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
She [Elizabeth Barbieri] is great, but she rushes her answers and her visit with you with great enthusiasm.... On our last IUI, she noticed that my husbands sperm was low (as it was on the cusp the prior times) so instead of moving forward with another IUI, they referred us to increase his numbers before we continue with another IUI. The only thing is that she sometimes seems to be in a hurry but she will answer every question posed.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Barbieri is an extremely knowledgeable Reproductive Endocronolgist and we are so glad to make the 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to Oregon Reproductive Medicine. On our last IUI, she noticed that my husbands sperm was low (as it was on the cusp the prior times) so instead of moving forward with another IUI, they referred us to increase his numbers before we continue with another IUI. The only thing is that she sometimes seems to be in a hurry but she will answer every question posed.
She will seem as though she is in a hurry, but she’s willing to explain and expand on anything that you need.
She is great, but she rushes her answers and her visit with you with great enthusiasm.
I have PCOS and Hashimoto’s. By simultaneously quitting dairy I seemed to reduce cysts on my ovaries. She had me take letrozole (day 3-7), followed by a mid-cycle ultrasound with an HCG shot to force release of egg.
They are amazing. Due to the timing of my cycles, another team has completed them and they were all compassionate, comforting, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
I can not think of any weakness. They are extremely clean, organized and efficient. Their entire clinic is set up to allow for privacy and they are extremely organized not only in physical presentation but the steps you take to complete your visits is so well laid out (they have multiple levels to their building).
I had very partial coverages for some labs performed and ultrasounds. These costs are approximate as I currently have the bills with our tax preparer: IUI procedure alone was $295 - Ultrasound (I had to have 2 each cycle) $130 each - HCG shot $170 - sperm analysis/washing/prep - $160-$200- labs = $400+ - letrozole $15 - HCG = $500 - Fibroid removal $3,000
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
[Dr. Barbieri] communicated the statistics and the risks involved with multiple embryo transfer. I felt that she answered all of our questions objectively and directly, but ultimately the decision was left to us...is able to speak directly about treatment and possible outcomes, but will also stop to ask how you are feeling. She remembers details about our lives outside of the "fertility world" and takes the time to thoroughly consider my questions before answering.
European, Other
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Barbieri is a good blend of a direct communicator and a compassionate doctor. She clearly communicates the risks and benefits of her treatment plan and will take the time to thoroughly answer questions. Dr. Barbieri speaks pretty quickly, so she may come off as cold or rushed to some, at least at first. However, she seems genuinely excited for us when there is good news and will take the time to comfort us when there is bad news. When I have approached her with questions about other potential treatment plans or possible testing, she has been open minded. When she disagrees, she has provided clear, research-backed explanations on why and generally proposes an alternative.
Dr. Barbieri may come off as distant or cold at first, but she has been one of the most compassionate doctors I have seen. Also, don't be afraid to ask all of your questions or express concerns.
Dr. Barbieri is able to speak directly about treatment and possible outcomes, but will also stop to ask how you are feeling. She remembers details about our lives outside of the "fertility world" and takes the time to thoroughly consider my questions before answering.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is well organized. The nursing staff was always friendly and timely with answering questions or calling in prescriptions. There is generally early morning availability for blood draw appointments, which makes it convenient. There were a couple of minor communication misses with my coordinator, but nothing that a quick phone call or email didn't fix--if you have questions, just reach out and ask. Test results were delivered timely. The doctors at the clinic seem tp be up to date on research. The other doctors that I have seen (for example, for egg retrieval) have been equally as wonderful as my primary doctor.
My doctor communicated the statistics and the risks involved with multiple embryo transfer. I felt that she answered all of our questions objectively and directly, but ultimately the decision was left to us.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Barbieri] was very caring and kind during our interactions. She also didn’t treat me like I was dumb. However, she didn’t make clear some treatment expectations and I did have multiple cycles where I didnt see her at all and instead saw one of 2 nurse practitioners.... She never suggested supplements or any course of improving my body other than trying to lose weight and keeping my PCOS caused diabetes under control.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr. barbieri is very caring, it she left me anxious throughout. I hardly saw her and she left me thinking I would be “stuck” with IVF after 6 tries, which for my family meant we were done trying because we can not afford IVF. She never suggested supplements or any course of improving my body other than trying to lose weight and keeping my PCOS caused diabetes under control. I found out after 6 tries that she would do 6 more but that I should have also been focusing on my vitamin D levels.
Feel comfort in plans with printed timelines and instructions, but be prepared for a lack of customization.
She was very caring and kind during our interactions. She also didn’t treat me like I was dumb. However, she didn’t make clear some treatment expectations and I did have multiple cycles where I didnt see her at all and instead saw one of 2 nurse practitioners.
Letrozole, trigger shot, ultrasound to check lining and follicle size, IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
They only relayed the information they seemed to have printed off. They often forgot what IUI cycle number it was, which was stressful.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
They are expensive, clean, and they tend to ask you the same questions repeatedly, which is anxiety provoking. They push taking out loans for IVF. Their parking lot is tiny and parking can be difficult. They are very slow about billing and you may not get the correct bill for 3-4 months as they bill you the full amount and slowly alter it based on insurance response. The lab work is paid up front with reimbursement based on later insurance response. This is very irritating and hard to plan for costs.
Very expensive before insurance. $250 for an ultrasound, $80 for blood pregnancy test $250 for preparing sperm. They seemed to have a charge for every step of handling.

IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Barbieri is a true professional. She made me feel comfortable asking questions, drew pictures and graphs in her office to help me understand the process and what to expect. She set realistic expectations by explaining risks and potential outcomes.... Dr. Barbieri is very down to earth, she related to me as a woman and told me that she herself used IVF to create her own family. She is warm and friendly but also very knowledgeable and knows the ins and our of the IVF and surrogacy process like a pro
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
I would tell a perspective patient of Dr. Barbieri's to be confident asking her hard questions and trust she will take the absolute best care to make sure you feel prepared going into your treatment.
I was on a "good responder" protocol for my egg retrievals. I used ganarellex, menopur and follistim. The first round of ivf, I had 26 eggs, 22 of them were mature. We did ICSI with my husband's sperm and had 6 blasts on day 5. We did PGS testing and had 4 "normal".
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Buck)
The coordinator that works with all independently matched intended parents and gestational carriers at ORM seems to be overwhelmed at times. I often wondered if she needed assistance from an additional staff member. Our coordinator did not move as quickly as we had hoped at times, but always eventually got things done, sometimes it took pestering. I do have very high expectations for this person though, given all the money we invested in the clinic.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM is a beautiful and highly rated clinic. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Given that my husband and I don't suffer from traditional infertility, I cannot speak to the clinics ability to diagnose and address complicated fertility situations. I have a medical condition that make it very dangerous to my health to carry a baby, so we are forced to use a gestational carrier. Being that I was relatively young at time of egg retrieval (33), everything for us went pretty smoothly and we had the results that we hoped for. ORM is one of the top clinics in the country for surrogacy and we are blessed they are in our backyard. I'd use them again and recommend them to anyone needing ivf.
About $30,000 for two egg retrievals and one transfer to gestational carrier
Dr. Barbieri explained the risks of a double embryo transfer and advocated for the safest approach given our situation of not having a large number of banked embryos, so we will transfer one at a time. It is ORMs practice to leave it up to the intended parents if they would like to transfer one or two embryos.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Barbieri is pretty blunt and honest, which I appreciate. After my failed cycle, she was compassionate, but also not very encouraging. She seemed to want me to go somewhere else (to another clinic)... Strengths: candid, clear, to the point, smart Weaknesses: always seemed in a hurry. After my failed cycle, she suggested I use a surrogate, which seemed way too early given that I have decent AMH, make embryos and am otherwise healthy. It upset me that she brought up that possibility so soon.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
She's not warm and fuzzy, but she'll tell it like it is. She has full confidence in her lab and the clinic.
Antagonist protocol. Freeze all. Then transfer one embryo. I made 24 eggs. 6, 5 day embryos. Only 1 was genetically normal. One was mosaic. They transferred that one healthy one and I had a chemical pregnancy. They don't transfer mosaics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katie McLindsay)
I did not like Katie at all. She was cold and distant. When she told me that I had had a chemical pregnancy, she left a cold, compassion-less vm, at the end, saying "let me know if you have any questions or concerns..." Of COURSE I had concerns..It seemed like a stock vm to me. If I ever go back to ORM, I would request a different nurse.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is excellent--friendly, warm, organized, etc. They have great success rates, even though I wasn't successful there. I can't think of any weaknesses. I think it's a great clinic. The embryologists are lovely, my clinical coordinator, Jenni, was wonderful. Just didn't like my nurse at all
20K I think for an IVF cycle

2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr Barbieri is incredible! From walking through each step of the process, answering questions prior to each procedure at the consult appointment, to providing plan when the result was ectopic or negative- she is wellness organized, kind and gives it to you straight, which is a breath of fresh air after years of unexplained infertility....She was with me during times of happiness and provided support including “next steps or the plan” when the outcome was not what we had hoped. She takes the time to answer all questions and not just for us, it’s that way for every patient.
2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr Barbieri is incredible! From walking through each step of the process, answering questions prior to each procedure at the consult appointment, to providing plan when the result was ectopic or negative- she is wellness organized, kind and gives it to you straight, which is a breath of fresh air after years of unexplained infertility. She’s kind and straight forward once we had “done all we could do” she explained that hard topic to us as well. She never made me feel inadequate ORM dismissed my tears- very empathic though providing a plan, which helped us feel that the time and energy at each appointment was maximized. Because of Dr. Barbieri we have our little one and we are eternally grateful to her and ORM.
Know she is 100% invested in helping you grow your family while keeping you safe. Be prepared for honest direct feedback.
Dr Barbieri is omen of the most compassionate and honest physicians I know. She was with me during times of happiness and provided support including “next steps or the plan” when the outcome was not what we had hoped. She takes the time to answer all questions and not just for us, it’s that way for every patient.
Too many procedures and protocols to list. 7 years is a long length of time. To list a few: hysteroscopy, IUI, IVF, endometrial scratching, endometrial biopsy, egg retrieval, ICSI
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful. The staff incredibly knowledgeable, organized and friendly. You are in great hands with your family building journey here, in my opinion they are the best. Remember everyone at the clinic is at a different phase of their journey, even when you feel like the only one. It helped to put it into perspective while sitting in the lobby awaiting the appt. As a new patient, parking can be challenging so allow for time to find a space.
She provided the details of each respectively and we were able to make a mutual decision of transferring a set (2) resulting in our 1 child.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Dr Barbieri took a lot of time to explain our diagnosis and all treatment options to me. I've heard of other doctors only bring involved in the consult and never being seen again. I've seen Dr Barbieri at every appointment except the day of insemination...Dr Barbieri is very good at being present and answering every question you have. She is thorough at explanations and truly cares...
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
I'm currently in my TWW for my first IUI at ORM. DR Barbieri discussed that depending on my bodies response to medications we may do 2-3 IUIs. She explained she would tell me after the second one what her plan would be for us and then we would move on to IVF if we haven't gotten a BFP. She put me on 100 mg of Clomid for 5 days this cycle (due to my low follicle count in Arizona earlier this year) she explained that we could get too many mature follicles and have to cancel. She was very straight forward with this information. We ended up with one perfect, one almost big enough and two that might catch up so she explained again that we could trigger then or wait a few days and hope the other catch up and have a better chance. Again straight forward and made sure I was on the same page as her and wanted the same things. We waited a few more days and triggered with an Ovidrel injection. I had my IUI with a nurse yesterday and now we wait!!
The nurses are all great. While I don't have one specific nurse assigned to me. Everyone I've had contact with has been thorough, very good at explaining, compassionate, organized and gentle (as far as the nurse who performed the IUI).
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
This office is very clean, organized, friendly and very helpful! I would say that the only weaknesses are that they are somewhat hard to get ahold of on the telephone BUT they always call back very promptly! You also have to pay attention closely if you e had any testing done at another office. They are very used to people starting their journey with them. I had all of my testing done in another state and even though it was all transferred prior to my first appointment I got one phone call from an outside radiology office stating that Dr B had sent a referral for me to schedule an HSG with them. I called and spoke to a nurse and she apologized and stated I didn't need another one. Had I just trusted that the radiologist office was right I would've paid for another $500 test that was unnecessary. I do believe it was an honest mistake on their part but it is a gentle reminder to be aware of everything you've had done already and always ask questions!
My IUI totaled from cycle day 1-insemination approx $1,200 (including meds). You pay for each appointment separately at time of service.

8 IUI, IVF
I never feel rushed when I have an appointment with Dr. Barbieri and she always answers any questions we have...We started with IUIs. Our diagnosis is "unexplained". We got pregnant after our 3rd IUI but it ended up being ectopic. We had to wait several months after that for the medication to get out of my system/run its course and then we started IUIs again. She even let us do one additional IUI because we asked for it. Unfortunately, it did not work out for us. We have now moved onto IVF.
8 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
My husband I are very happy with Dr. Barbieri. She is straight to the point but also very encouraging and hopeful. She takes the times to listen to our concerns/questions. We never feel rushed when we see her.
The nursing staff is great! Very responsive, very nice. They have always returned calls in a timely matter (even on weekends).
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM is great. From the front desk staff to the physicians. They seem to be very organized and are always able to help. What I liked them about them is that I did not have to wait a long time for my initial appt. I originally called a local hospital system that has a infertility clinic. They told me they could not schedule me until half way through the month when the next months schedule came out. They said they would call me. In the mean time, I called ORM and was able to get in within 1-2 weeks. That other clinic NEVER called me back to schedule.
We have spent about $6500 for 8 IUIs (includes, initial consult,testing,meds and procedure). We have spent about $22000 for IVF/ICSI (includes appts/consults, testing and meds). Our insurance only covers items that diagnosis infertility (basically just the testing), does not any cover treatment.
Portland Downtown

Dr. Barbieri's communication style is succinct, to-the-point, and no sugar coating... However, she is extremely dedicated to her patients (she talked with me about my treatment plan during her maternity leave), cares about their well-being (she told me to slow down from my hectic life), and spends the time to think about the best course of action for her patients.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Strengths: - Competent - Really cares about her patients - Dedicated - Willing to work with patients to determine the next course of action / protocols when setbacks / disappointments occurred - Succinct communication Weakness: - Does not give a very warm bedside manner that some people require - Very busy
Although she might not give you a warm, fuzzy feeling, she really cares about her patients, is competent, and is willing to work with them, unlike other clinics. Do spend the time to think about the questions to ask, do the right research, and work with her as a team.
Dr. Barbieri's communication style is succinct, to-the-point, and no sugar coating. This might induce the patients to feel that she is not warm or catered to their feelings and needs. However, she is extremely dedicated to her patients (she talked with me about my treatment plan during her maternity leave), cares about their well-being (she told me to slow down from my hectic life), and spends the time to think about the best course of action for her patients.
A total of 4 cycles: #1 - Antagonist protocol: OCP for suppression, 8 days of 150IU Menopur and 150 IU of Follistim, Dexamethasone , Ganirelix, Novarel for trigger. 9 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 reached blastocyst stage. #2 - (to increase the number of eggs) OCP + Lupron for suppression, 12 days of 150 IU Menopur, 300 IU of Follistim, 5 units of Lupron, Novarel for trigger. 15 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 1 reached blastocyst stage. #3 - Estrogen Priming (to increase the number of eggs and egg quality) - Estrace, 13 days of 150 IU Menopur, and 300 IU of Follistim, 33 units of Omnitrope for the first 7 days, Dexamethasone, Lupron / HCG mix. 25 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 reached blastocyst stage. #4 - Antagonist protocol: OCP for suppression, 10 days of 150IU Menopur and 150 IU of Follistim, Dexamethasone , Ganirelix, Novarel for trigger. 12 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 2 reached blastocyst stage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
The nurses at ORM are very nice! They handle a large number of patients so it is important for the patient to ensure test order are received.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM is a very nice clinic.
Without insurance, it is about $15K for egg retrieval (including CCS), $4K for frozen transfer. Medication is about $3K.
Portland Downtown

Dr Barbieri tells it like it is and it took me a few appointments to get used to her style. But, she's smart and good at her job which I value more in a doctor. She fully knew my case and predicted outcomes to treatment - I wouldn't go anywhere else...When I first met Dr Barbieri, it was overwhelming and I didn't feel 100% connected. ... I ask a LOT of questions and have a lot of feelings - she was patient and caring with me....We did 5 rounds of IUI.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Give it time, ask questions, and listen to her advice.
When I first met Dr Barbieri, it was overwhelming and I didn't feel 100% connected. It's so emotional as a patient to hear you will unlikely get pregnant on your own, but the doctors see this everyday! Over time and as we moved forward with fertility treatments and we spent more time together, I felt less like another case and more like a friend she was helping. I ask a LOT of questions and have a lot of feelings - she was patient and caring with me.
We did 5 rounds of IUI. #1 was successful (clomid) and ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. #2-5 were unsuccessful. We tried femera instead of clomid for one cycle to reduce side effects, but I produced less follicles. For IVF I was on an antagonist (good responder) protocol. It produced 21 eggs, 19 fertilized with ICSI, and 12 made it to day 5/6. We put two in immediately that didn't stick. Tested 10 with CCS and 7 were normals. Did a Natural FET with 2 and became pregnant with twins. At the 6.5 week ultrasound Baby A was healthy, but B had a weak heartbeat. B stopped growing by the next week. Baby A is a year old and 100% healthy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
I love the nursing staff and especially the phlebotomist, Sarah. I HATE getting my blood drawn, but she's amazing! Always made me laugh and it rarely hurt or left bruises.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
It's a business and it feels like one. But, you can always call and get your questions answered, the wait times are minimal, and the office is nice.
Portland Downtown
I believe Dr. Barbieri's strengths included being straight forward and compassionate. Her weaknesses seemed to be dismissiveness of worries regarding abnormal labs or bringing up studies showing something different than the recommendations...IVF was discussed in our first appointment, despite no indication of anything wrong. Scheduling was a nightmare, they often wouldn't offer times/days until the last minute, and I never had a choice about when I could come in...
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
It would make a big difference if it seemed like the goal was to find the cause of infertility rather than just starting treatment regardless of the cause.
IVF was discussed in our first appointment, despite no indication of anything wrong. Scheduling was a nightmare, they often wouldn't offer times/days until the last minute, and I never had a choice about when I could come in. I guess they assume no one has a job? I typically had a 50/50 chance if the nursing staff would call back the day I called, which exponentially increases stress since they don't want you to call until day 1 of your cycle to discuss scheduling. I often had to call them myself on issues after waiting days past the time they said they would call me.
We were recommended to immediately start clomid + HSG + injection trigger + IUI. The rationale provided was it was because we were "unexplained" and I had trouble finding peak days on ovulation tests.
When I would go into the offices they were friendly, good at drawing blood and providing comfort. I often felt dismissed on the phone. I had a very bad experience after being told some labs were abnormal that "they weren't abnormal enough to change anything" despite me finding multiple sources of literature saying otherwise. I was even inaccurately told that maybe the labs were abnormal because I wasn't fasting. Which one, they never told me to fast and two, the lab confirmed with me fasting wouldn't affect the results. It completely lost my trust.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic itself seems well organized including check in and check out processes. Initial confusion about parking was handled very well. My first appointment there I was disappointed to have the front desk person assume "You must be here as an egg donor." I guess it's because they assumed I was so young I wasn't infertile, causing me embarrassment to have to tell them this. There were also screaming toddlers in the lobby, seemed in poor taste.
An IUI cycle was quoted around 2k for each one. And IVF in the range of 20K

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Elizabeth Barbieri] has a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel like an important patient. I truly felt that she was heartbroken for us when things didn’t work out. She also recommended realistically that we move from IVF to embryo donation and isn’t encourage us to do mor costly treatments when she expected us to get similar results
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
She has a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel like an important patient. I truly felt that she was heartbroken for us when things didn’t work out. She also recommended realistically that we move from IVF to embryo donation and isn’t encourage us to do mor costly treatments when she expected us to get similar results
Ask all the questions you can think of. Knowledge helps.
She was very kind and gentle and when I was pregnant the baby was measuring small and she knew there was a possibility of miscarriage and I appreciated that she gently told me so that I wasn’t completely surprised when it happened.
We did an estrogen primed protocol, I have low ovarian reserve, and only one full ovary so it was to make sure my eggs could grow, as well as due to my age. We would have tested embryos but we never had more then 2 so we just transferred them to save the cost of testing. But she was very aware of and sensitive to all emotions during the process.
They were warm and helpful
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
They are on the expensive side but have good success rates. I felt that they went above and beyond and are worth the cost. Parking can be difficult. They whole staff was wonderful to work with. Occasionally I wished they would call with test results more quickly.
My first cycle including testing was about $18,000. The next was cheaper because we didn’t have to redo testing. So more like $12000
She let us choose, by did describe all risks
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Elizabeth Barbieri] will lay out process and steps clearly, but if you want a very warm, caring Dr, she may not be the best fit. She’s blunt, which at times we appreciated and at other times - during a miscarriage- was not a great fit for us...was pretty good at explaining. Set reasonable expectations (didn’t overpromise) but could sometimes be dismissive of questions we had. At times showed warmth and humor but at other times abrupt.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
We are still in early stages but overall Dr. Barbieri was pretty good at explaining. Set reasonable expectations (didn’t overpromise) but could sometimes be dismissive of questions we had. At times showed warmth and humor but at other times abrupt.
She will lay out process and steps clearly, but if you want a very warm, caring Dr, she may not be the best fit. She’s blunt, which at times we appreciated and at other times - during a miscarriage- was not a great fit for us.
At times I felt very rushed in appt & that our questions were dismissed. Other times felt more time & patience were given.
We seem to have been assigned multiple coordinators during the 4 months we’ve been there - not even sure at the moment who ours is!
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Very good front desk staff. On time with appointments. Nice facilities. It’s still early on for us to know much about their lab or iui or IVF. The portal they use is challenging. We had to ask multiple times for things to be put on it and it is clunky.
Not sure - haven’t yet reached higher cost procedures.

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She is very fact based. She is able to talk about statistics and steps in the process. She is not a Dr. that will help with the emotional support piece. Dr. Barbieri is very nice, but at times seems stoic and clinical. I found that if I had emotional support elsewhere I was very happy with her. She is able to present very complicated procedures in a way that makes sense....She took time when I was with her to get to know me and to explain the process for me.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Write down questions you have and get a support network.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The nurse and nursing staff were very helpful and caring. They were available to talk at length about my protocol.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
They have great success rates, very state of the art clinic. They are expensive, but in line with other clinics. At times you feel like a number, but the nurses help make it seem more personal.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ORM Fertility.
I could schedule blood whenever I wanted as long as they could get results the same day, usually before noon. The ultrasound appointment was scheduled so far in advance usually a week or two that I had a window of about 4 hours to schedule it durning.
The frozen IVF was about 10k and the fresh was about 17k. This is without medication.
She recommends transferring two embryos for best results, but ultimately it was up to me.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
at the consult, she [Dr. Elizabeth Barbieri] will spend all the time needed to answer everything!...She was warm at all appointments and congratulated us multiple times at our prenatal appointments...Our treatment plan was very personalized from the beginning. She read up on my medical history prior to our consult and was ready with follow up questions for us. She thoroughly explain all options to us and answered any and all questions.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
She is a very thorough doctor. I trusted her and her knowledge from the very beginning. I never once second guessed her opinion or plan of action. I found her to have a warm bedside manner at every encounter and I always felt very comfortable with her, even in uncomfortable situations. She was always very positive and genuinely excited for my husband and I after we had our successful transfer.
Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you want at the consult, she will spend all the time needed to answer everything!
Our treatment plan was very personalized from the beginning. She read up on my medical history prior to our consult and was ready with follow up questions for us. She thoroughly explain all options to us and answered any and all questions. She was warm at all appointments and congratulated us multiple times at our prenatal appointments.
My nurse Kim was wonderful. She would call or email with information before I even knew I needed it. She was always available to answer questions and would get back to me the same day.
We were only interested in transferring a single embryo, so I am unsure of her approach when deciding single vs multiple embryo transfer

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Barbieri] took significant time, was honest and listened to what we wanted...was always very clear, concise, understand and explained everything fully. We never felt like we were rushed, or we were just another patient...she's very open to changing a plan if you aren't comfortable with what's being suggested...Agonist protocol, did not work due to poor egg quality.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr Barbieri was always very clear, concise, understand and explained everything fully. We never felt like we were rushed, or we were just another patient. Although we haven't yet had success, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.
Make sure you're clear with her on what path you want to take, she's very open to changing a plan if you aren't comfortable with what's being suggested.
She took significant time, was honest and listened to what we wanted.
Agonist protocol, did not work due to poor egg quality.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
ORM is very well operated, all doctors we saw were helpful. The patient portal was the only true thing we disliked mostly due to not being able to have a back and forth conversation and having to always create a new message if we had a question.
$25,000 for an IVF cycle including CCS testing
Did not make it to transfer

3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Didn't feel like our care was individualized [with Dr. Barbieri] One transfer should probably not have moved forward...The facetime with the Doctor and specialists always felt a bit rushed. Diagnostically, I felt like our case wasn't handled on its own terms but rather as something to be run through an algorithm to produce the next course of action...was not open to receiving or entertaining new information to inform her practice even though my partner was reading current medical literature. Not a great listener, sort of waits to talk.
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Barbieri was not open to receiving or entertaining new information to inform her practice even though my partner was reading current medical literature. Not a great listener, sort of waits to talk.
Ask why. Ask why again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: We went through 3 or 4)
We went through 3 different coordinators. There appeared to be a lot of turnover during our time with them. All coordinators were pretty good. Genevieve was the best.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Aesthetics of everything - the care environment - were the best part. Our 2 retrievals there - in terms of comfort - were excellent. This clinic is a machine. A nice machine, but a machine. You must ask all of your questions and self-advocate.
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

She [Dr Elizabeth Barbieri] used wonderful and humorous analogies to help explain. For example I am a teacher and she would create classroom examples to help me understand...She is clearly knowledgable and well educated. She shares expectations clearly and listens well to what our expectations are. She has a great sense of humor and speaks with confidence. I always felt good in her hands.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
No question is too silly. She will even draw everything for you. Get ready for silly examples
She used wonderful and humorous analogies to help explain. For example I am a teacher and she would create classroom examples to help me understand.
Goo Responder antagonist Menapur AM Follistim PM Ganarelix Dexamethasone 81mg aspirin Prenatal
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Hayley)
Always called with results and was open to email for non time sensitive questions. Very helpful and would repeat re teach as necessary
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Location, parking, availability of hours, relationship with speciality pharmacy, training classes and info session, Instagram page
$350 initial consultation $1,300 baseline check up $18,500 IVF w/ ICSI $650 Anastasia $280 transfer day acupuncture $250 sperm collection freezing for back up is ICSI

2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Elizabeth Barbieri] was very honest and committed to our success...She was not warm and fuzzy or overly enthusiastic, but she was very committed and we ended up with a beautiful baby girl. I am very grateful to her and would definitely recommend her to others experiencing age related or other forms of infertility... I was not producing the triple stripe required for successful implantation so Dr. Barbieri consulted with others in her practice and we ultimately added Viagra to my treatment (taken vaginally) and it worked the first time. it was kind of gross and frustrating but it worked.
2012 - 2013
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
Keep a positive attitude and ask a lot of questions.
She was very honest and committed to our success
Kim was extremely kind and caring and there for me every step of the way. she made everything better.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
It was a very good clinic.
approximately $40K
Portland Downtown

She [Dr. Barbieri at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] was very nice and explained things as she went. She did not explain what I would be feeling while taking certain meds....Did not get info on possible side effects from clomid. I developed a cyst from the med without prior knowledge of this side effect.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
She was very nice and explained things as she went. She did not explain what I would be feeling while taking certain meds.
Ask questions
Did not explain side effects very well. They did not explain the side effects that results in a cyst
Clomid challenge to test my response to meds. Ultrasound to measure follicles and check for cysts
RN has been great. The PA did not explain things very well
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Friendly and welcoming. The PA and assistants did not explain the process as well as I would have liked.
Have not received it yet

2013 - 2014
6 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
I would describe Dr. Barbieri's style as gentle but to-the-point...I feel that Dr. Barbieri was practical and would not have let me pursue something that had little chance of success.
2013 - 2014
6 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Elizabeth Barbieri at ORM Fertility?
I was much happier with ORM than I was at University Fertility Consultants. The nurses in particular were great. I feel that Dr. Barbieri was practical and would not have let me pursue something that had little chance of success.
Do research ahead of your appointment so you can ask questions
I would describe Dr. Barbieri's style as gentle but to-the-point. She definitely knew me because she saw me at a 20 week ultrasound appointment and said hello.
They were always available. Genevieve in particular was so encouraging.