Medical SchoolMount Sinai
South Weymouth, MA 02190
Stratham
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Elizabeth Ginsburg to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brigham & Women's Hospital to a friend?
When with Dr.Ginsburg I always felt Respected and listened to. My question were always anwsered and we always left with a sense of hope!...She will tell you how it is, explain whatever you need explaining. She is very professional and won't sugar coat news...She always had a plan for me and our visits were productive. She advocated for me with my insurance company and listened to my concerns. I never felt pressured into trying medication or doing the next step. I cannot say enough positive things about her!!!
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr Ginsburg knows her stuff! For that reason alone I would recommend her. She will tell you how it is, explain whatever you need explaining. She is very professional and won't sugar coat news. I needed that because I knew I could trust her. She always had a plan for me and our visits were productive. She advocated for me with my insurance company and listened to my concerns. I never felt pressured into trying medication or doing the next step. I cannot say enough positive things about her!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Expect honest answers that are not sugar coated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
When with Dr.Ginsburg I always felt Respected and listened to. My question were always anwsered and we always left with a sense of hope! However the clinic is very busy and the nurses in the Weymouth office can make you feel rushed. As long as you advocate for yourself and don't mind repeating info to them, they get the job done!
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Ginsburg used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Leterzole- 3times, 3 different doses. This was supposed to get my body to ovulate. It failed Leterzole (7.5mg) with trigger shot. This made me ovulate but no successful pregnancy IUI- we did not do this because once on injectable medication my response could not be controlled. I would produce more than a few eggs even on a small dose based on my AMH level (15). iVF- we used various injectable medication. I had an egg retrieval that got 28 mature eggs. 16 lasted to day 5. However I had to freeze all because even with my modified trigger shot, I developed a slight case of hyper stimulation. Frozen Egg Transfer- after pills and pio shots, we had a successful transfer. I am currently pregnant from this procedure.
Strengths- they always got right back to me with answers to my questions and/or with next steps. They would listen to me if I advocate for myself and seemed to respect that. Blood and ultrasound was fast and efficient Weakness- often times conversations would be rushed and overwhelming. They never seemed to know my history. The hospital staff in Boston was always caring and did not seem rushed!
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Very busy and you got who you got for your medical procedures. However, all staff at the hospital were great! I always felt confident and comfortable. I was prepared for each step. The scheduling and insurance personnel were easy to work with. I could easily contact them during normal business hours. When I needed off hour support, the fellow on staff was always available. They were professional and caring at all hours of the night.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I paid whatever was not covered by insurance. Billing was through an app or in office. It was easy to pay but difficult to understand what you were excatly paying for
Describe Elizabeth Ginsburg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
My doctor prefer to do a SET for my safety. We agreed as that was what was covered by insurance and in our best interest.
South Shore
Dr. Ginsburg has been very considerate of our desires and our treatment. She has considered all factors, but also been willing to work around situations and numbers. She has explained information thoroughly, and has been available when we've had further questions.... we are doing a complicated reciprocal IVF. She had us meet with maternal fetal medicine due to us both being overweight. She tested both of us thoroughly to help us make the best decision as to who will undergo the egg retrieval and who will undergo the embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg has been very considerate of our desires and our treatment. She has considered all factors, but also been willing to work around situations and numbers. She has explained information thoroughly, and has been available when we've had further questions. She has been open and flexible and has truly made us feel like she is working with us.
To be sure to ask a lot of questions and to be completely open.
Dr. Ginsburg didn't just look at numbers, she thought about mine and my wife's future. She considered our wishes and worked with us despite some numbers.
We have not yet started our cycle, but we are doing a complicated reciprocal IVF. She had us meet with maternal fetal medicine due to us both being overweight. She tested both of us thoroughly to help us make the best decision as to who will undergo the egg retrieval and who will undergo the embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Carey)
She has been very helpful and informative. She has returned my calls promptly and reached out to Dr. Ginsburg with all of my follow-up questions.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The doctors and nursing team have been extremely thorough, helpful, and informative. They have taken the time to explain all of our options to us and have considered our needs, wishes, and our future unlike other clinics have. The clerical staff can at times be short and was initially difficult to communicate with, but overall they have improved. This clinic seems to see fewer LGBTQ clients; likely due to the size of the state, so there has been some confusion at times.
We have requested multiple embryo transfer. Here, we feel that we are slightly being treated like a number now, but there seems to be some flexibility and willingness to work with us there.
Boston
1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
She [Dr. Ginsburg] has given us hope after cancer took our opportunity to become parents naturally...She has helped me fill out fertility grant applications immediately after I emailed her asking if she had time to do so. She made me feel important and hopeful. She recommended different grants/financial assistance options to help pay for fertility preservation costs. She was very easy to get a hold of when I had questions during my IVF cycle regarding medication. She made quick adjustments to a similar medication when my insurance did not cover a specific medication during IVF.
1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg is a very intelligent, calm, confident, and compassionate doctor. She has made me and my fiance more than comfortable and confident that we will be able to become parents via gestational surrogacy. She has walked and talked us through the necessary steps towards gestational surrogacy and has explained everything in great detail. She takes her time when meeting with us and genuinely cares about the success of our future embryo transfer. She has given us hope after cancer took our opportunity to become parents naturally. We met Dr. Ginsburg during a very difficult time in our lives and she gave us the hope that we so desperately needed back in 2015. Having a family of our own is the single most important thing in the world to my fiance and I and Dr. Ginsburg demonstrates that she cares about the success of the embryo transfer just as much as we do. Examples of her compassion: She has helped me fill out fertility grant applications immediately after I emailed her asking if she had time to do so. She made me feel important and hopeful. She recommended different grants/financial assistance options to help pay for fertility preservation costs. She was very easy to get a hold of when I had questions during my IVF cycle regarding medication. She made quick adjustments to a similar medication when my insurance did not cover a specific medication during IVF. She suggested testing my ovarian reserve level every 6 months to help me feel more involved and aware of the changes my body was going through and would email me my lab results as soon as they became available. She remembered little details I would tell her at past appointments about my family and hobbies/social life, she paid great attention to details. She makes me feel like part of the treatment time and keeps me hopeful through her kind/warm personality. She has more than 1 clinic location and has flexible hours making her very easy to get in touch with.
Dr. Ginsburg will explore every aspect of your fertility needs and if there is a way to help you start a family she will most definitely find it.
Dr. Ginsburg is absolutely wonderful. She is very responsive to emails and goes above and beyond to make sure her patients needs are being addressed. She has seen me at 2 different clinics and has always called/emailed me back right away. She never makes me feel rushed when meeting with her and answers all of my questions/concerns at length. She assured me everything was going to be OK and that she would work with me and my fertility needs when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 25. I am so thankful to have her as a provider and I feel as though I could not be in better hands. Dr. Ginsburg and the entire staff at Brigham and Women have been tremendous. I am 100% confident in her care and strongly believe she will help make my dreams of becoming a mom a reality.
Dr. Ginsburg had me do 1 cycle of IVF while on tamoxifen (due to stage 3 estrogen positive cancer) back in 2015. My treatment plan consisted of injections and pills. Together, we discussed the options for eggs and embryos and the pros and cons of each. She helped me decided how many I was going to create embryos with. We froze 4 eggs and 4 embryos (originally had 6 embryos but 2 did not make it). She explained that the embryos would be frozen on day 3 to get "as money in the freezer as possible". Her plan is to transfer 2 embryos to a gestational surrogate as each embryo has a 40% chance of success. Her strategy to transfer 2 lines up with our goals, financial needs, and of course safety concerns. She explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Allison Ruhe)
Allison is simply exceptional. We have been in constant contact for about a year now. We email weekly and she answers in great detail every and any questions I have. She has talked to numerous potential surrogates of ours and has included as in all aspects of surrogacy process. She always makes sure I completely understand everything she is telling me. She will email me detailed information and also call me with updates when we had potential surrogates. She has helped me fill out about 10 applications for fertility grants and continues to support us in any way that she can.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Strengths: They are extremely accommodating and very inviting. From the front desk staff, to the coordinators, to the doctors. Everyone I have met at the clinic has been wonderful. They stay open late one day a week to help accommodate work schedules. They think outside the box and present different treatment options and scenarios to you regarding fertility and parenthood. They are easy to get in touch with over the phone and via email. I have never had any billing issues with the clinic and they accept most insurances. I have actually referred a friend to their clinic. Weaknesses: So far I am yet to encounter any weaknesses. One thing that would definitely be a great additional would be a grant program/scholarship for their patients to help pay for the surrogacy costs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
There was a high volume of patients waiting for ultra sounds during my IVF cycle but I was never waiting for a long period of time. They were open 7 days a week and I was always seen when I needed to be. The results were always available online within a couple hours and my clinic would always call me as soon as they got results. They were very on top of my care during my IVF cycle.
My IVF cycle was covered in full by my insurance. I did have to pay about $500 out of pocket for medications. My estimated hospital costs for gestational surrogacy services were quoted at 10K. The billing coordinator, Gene Diaz, has made herself very available for questions and has broken down the costs to me in great detail both over the phone and email. She emails me back very quickly and provides much detail for each one of the fees I will eventually need to pay for surrogacy.
We prefer to transfer 2 embryos to increase of chance of success on the first transfer. She was completely on board with this decision and also agreed that it was for the best. She assured us this choice is safe and is confident it will result in a live birth.
Boston
We used Letrozole with timed intercourse followed by progesterone supplementation [with Dr. Ginsburg]...She was very excited for our success and answered all questions thoroughly...Extremely knowledgeable with regard to the latest research. Answered all questions thoroughly and knew what gaps to fill in on our testing before starting treatment... I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy and have PCOS. I am now 15 weeks pregnant from our first cycle on that protocol.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Extremely knowledgeable with regard to the latest research. Answered all questions thoroughly and knew what gaps to fill in on our testing before starting treatment. Came highly recommended from a friend and lived up to what we had heard!
Have all of your questions written down in advance and don’t be afraid to ask them all.
She was very excited for our success and answered all questions thoroughly.
We used Letrozole with timed intercourse followed by progesterone supplementation. I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy and have PCOS. I am now 15 weeks pregnant from our first cycle on that protocol.
Extremely knowledgeable and very quickly responsive!
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I did have one snafu despite very compassionate care... my lab request for varicella titer did not specify which type of draw; written by a nurse and stamped with doctors signature. The lab made a mistake in just choosing which one to draw (one for active infection and not immunity, which I likely have after having chicken pox as a child.) The lab I had my blood drawn at had a big role, but the nurses not specifying the draw or catching the result as an incorrect one resulted in me going to get a varicella booster that delayed my treatment cycle by a month. I discovered the error a couple of days after the shot through my own research. I didn’t feel that the clinic was especially apologetic or owned up to this mistake and their role in it.
Minimal on Letrozole cycle... two ultrasounds, consult, follow up, and meds.
Stratham
She [Dr. Ginsburg] knows what has worked and doesn't really need to know a lot about you personally. But she still makes an effort to be kind and get to know you - she's pretty cut/dry (not a lot of chit chat), but friendly...Her nursing staff is super sweet. Her administrative staff sucks.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg is an expert - not necessarily warm and fuzzy, but super fair and helpful and patient. I was seeking a compassionate caregiver, but also one who could help guide us on the right next steps when you aren't always certain what to do. She's no nonsense. Her nursing staff is super sweet. Her administrative staff sucks (bluntly - rude and unresponsive, hard to make apps, etc.). That part can make it difficult. Also, since she is at a hospital, simple procedures like IUI will cost a lot more (need to pay hospital fee vs. just doing it at a clinic). Luckily she pointed this out, so we went to do IUI at the Harvard Vanguard clinic.
Figure out which simple procedures may be cheaper to do elsewhere so you can avoid expensive hospital fees. For IVF, I believe it's the same cost. Also, figure out a way to make appts while you're there so you can avoid having to call their unhelpful staff.
Dr. Ginsburg knows her stuff and has seen dozens and dozens of cases. In some instances, this means that she knows what has worked and doesn't really need to know a lot about you personally. But she still makes an effort to be kind and get to know you - she's pretty cut/dry (not a lot of chit chat), but friendly. Her nursing staff is great, but administrative staff is super unresponsive, and that makes it frustrating.
One of the nurses specifically recommended we try Clomid without IUI. The doctor hadn't actually suggested this, but she turned out to be right. That's what ultimately worked!
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
[Dr. Ginsburg is] good but all business...but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage...Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things...I had no reason for not conceiving other than my age. So she chose protocols to match my diminished ovarian reserve. When the first cycle resulted in all negative test results, she changed it up for next time. She acted surprised each time I didn’t get pregnant because my embryos looked so good.
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
It’s hard for me to separate my feelings for her from the frustration I felt during the whole process. Sometimes I was angry with her but other times I thought she was knowledgeable. One time my protocol had changed but I still had the instruction sheet from the original protocol. Sometimes I felt like things were missed or I had to remind her of things.
She’s good but all business.
She was definitely all business, but also sympathetic when we weren’t getting pregnant/ had a miscarriage.
Nancy was the sweetest most compassionate nurse. I loved her. Also Joanie for my blood draws was great.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I think they have a great secretary Michelle who keeps things organized and running smoothly. Also the girl who does all of the submitting to insurance knows what she’s doing and was very helpful. Sometimes I had an ultrasound appointment first thing in the morning and the tech wasn’t in yet. So that could be improved.
Didn’t have insurance for the consult, so we had to pay that out of pocket. I forget what it was. $500-$750 maybe? After that it was all about meeting my insurance deductible and huge copays for the medications.
2013 - 2016
She [Dr. Elizabeth Ginsburg] goes directly to the point and is very clear about possibilities and scenarios. She was quick to adjust my protocol when she did not get the amount of eggs expected. She is knowledgeable about insurances and will keep contact with other providers to ensure everything is ready... Pam handled most of the communication, but all of the nursing staff was always quick to return calls and keep me updated. When they had bad news to report they always did it in a manner that felt they were sorry and empathetic.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She goes directly to the point and is very clear about possibilities and scenarios. She was quick to adjust my protocol when she did not get the amount of eggs expected. She is knowledgeable about insurances and will keep contact with other providers to ensure everything is ready
Our first transfer ended up with an ectopic pregnancy, she showed a lot empathy and urged us to find the silver lining that we had achieved pregnancy. With every failed cycle she always mentioned how we were getting closer to our goal. She is not touchy-feely but she is not cold either.
Most treatments were the same, Lupron as well as GonalF. My last cycle where she adjusted the protocol to try to increase the egg yield, she added a birth control patch and Menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Pam Reilly)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Getting a first appointment can take a long while, also because they are so busy they will only allow you to have one pending appointment at a time. When problems arise they do get you in the same day without problems. Getting appointments that require testing can result in you having an ultrasound at 10 am and then seeing the doctor at 1 pm, so you need to plan accordingly.
Everything was covered by insurance, we only had to pay deductible, but I believe a full cycle with retrieval and transfer was around $15,000
Boston
She [Dr. Ginsburg] was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options...Dr. Ginsburg was very informative and open about our options. She allowed us to ask questions and she provided us clear, thorough information. She was open with us about the risks and her concerns, but also listened to our concerns and wishes.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
To be open to hear everything that she has to say, and to be open about your wishes and your concerns. She is flexible and open to working with people.
She was kind, considerate, and thoughtful. She considered both mine and my wife's health, needs, and concerns. She took the time to talk to us about all of our options.
Dr. Ginsburg has had both me and my wife undergo various evaluations and tests to ensure we have the best plan. Such as HSG, lab work, and meeting with maternal fetal medicine.
The nurses have been very sweet and have taken the time to call us back and answer our questions promptly.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The office staff are somewhat less helpful and considerate than the nursing staff and the doctors. However, they have been very thorough and organized with our care. They have coordinated with each other to ensure all tests and procedures are done to help us make a decision.
13,000 plus 8,000 for medications
We wish she would be a little more flexible with doing multiple embryo transfer.
Boston
I first saw Dr. Ginsburg for a 2nd opinion. She went through all of my medical records and we came up with a plan for a different protocol moving forward...Although you may not see her often, she is always behind the scenes directing your care.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Ginsburg is a caring and knowledgeble clinician. She really took the time to listed to me and review my past fertility cycles to come up with the best plan for me.
I first saw Dr. Ginsburg for a 2nd opinion. She went through all of my medical records and we came up with a plan for a different protocol moving forward. She listened to my concerns and treated me like a person instead of a number.
One IVF was done with the antagonist protocol. The first tranfer of a day 5 blast took but ended in a chemical/ectopic. The second was BFN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
My nurse had to give me a methotrexate shot for my ectopic/chemical. She was very compassionate.
My IVF was covered 100% by insurance.
Boston
Dr Ginsburg isn't warm she seems straight forward which is good but didn't give us the back ground of what was going . Her protocols where very aggressive which I know now is not always the way to go. It is a hospital setting so there is never any thinking out of the box when it comes to immunology issues, nutrition or supplements. You feel like just a number.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Ginsburg at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
She maybe a good Dr for younger women in there 20s and early 30s with aggressive protocols Iwas 36 when I saw her and didn't get pregnant.
High doses of medication very aggressive. 1st cycle 3 eggs implanted 1 no pregnancy 2nd cycle triggered to early lost most of the eggs which makes me question there lab and how they grow immature eggs.
Hospital setting
They where great
We chose to do one . She later told us we should implant 3 . I agree with that.
Boston
See previous comment. Additionally, she didn't perform procedures. Rather, colleagues or interns did - including doctors we hadn't met, even when we were there for the first procedure (first time) and were nervous/anxious.
Choose another doctor.
We were seen by her team, not her. When it was her, she was robotic, like reciting a script. Even answering our questions, it felt like she was bored.
The one I remember... the word "gruff" comes to mind.
2011
If you're looking for someone who is warm and fuzzy, she isn't it. However she is extremely knowledgeable and talented. I would not hesitate to use her again if I wanted more children.
2011
Ask questions
The team was not always sure of who I was but after my second meeting with Dr. Ginsburg, I knew I was in good hands. She was extremely confident and knowledgable.
They were calm and understanding