Medical SchoolCase Western
ResidencyMetroHealth Med Ctr
FellowshipOhio St
4830 Knightsbridge Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Elizabeth Kennard to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ohio Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
At the initial consult she [Dr. Elizabeth Kennard] told me I was healthy, looked great, my husbands sperm count looked great and there should be no issues. Our first IUI with her she didn’t say anything to me, was very ruff with the procedure. I had questions after and she told me to talk to the nurse. VERY VERY cold!!!! She did not discuss my husbands numbers at the IUI or give me any information al at.
This clinic [Ohio Reproductive Med] did not run ANY tests on me. No blood work done at all!! The clinic I went to after this one did annintial ultrasound and they did blood work and it turned out I have a low ovarian reserve and my husband has motility and morphology issues! This would have been important to know going into the 3 IUIs. I could have saved myself $2000 by skipping IUI and going straight into IVf
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Again, she was very very very cold. She never had time for me or time to answer any questions. I saw her with my first IUI but the two after that I saw different doctor each time, who didn’t know my case or my treatment plan. I was sad leaving there everytime because I felt like I didn’t know what was happening and each time I had a failed IUI I was even more depressed because I didn’t think anything was wrong with me
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Do not go there and do not see her.Very cold and doesn’t care about getting you pregnant
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
At the initial consult she told me I was healthy, looked great, my husbands sperm count looked great and there should be no issues. Our first IUI with her she didn’t say anything to me, was very ruff with the procedure. I had questions after and she told me to talk to the nurse. VERY VERY cold!!!! She did not discuss my husbands numbers at the IUI or give me any information al at.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Kennard used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She told me IUI would work, after 3 failed ones, I had another consult Because I couldn’t get her to answer questions in the office. She told me about IUI with IVF meds and then IVF. She never discussed anything else. Gave me a packet and told me to look into it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Nurse gave me information on how to get a discount on medicine for IVF which I really liked but when I called her to tell her I started my period after the failed IUIs and asked why or asked about taking naproxen she was very very cold to me. And told me I might never know why I can’t get pregnant in a sassy voice. When in this profession, I expect a lot of compassion
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is set up weird and can get lost easily. They are cheaper than the other clinic in Ohio which is a strength, however, they are less organized, their lab is terrible and I have several friends who have lost all their embryos there. They have lower success rates than the other clinic in Columbus too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered some of the office visits, co-pay $30, the ultrasounds were $149 each time after insurance, the IUIs were $381 each, the MSG proceedure was $200 after insurance. I did not do IVF here but the packet stated meds ranged from 3k-6k and the screenings were $1000 and labs were $1000, $7186 IVF other
Describe Elizabeth Kennard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Told me they would only allow 1 embryo transfer at a time but didn’t tell me why this was the case. I knew friends who went here who hd multiple but they told me I would only be allowed to have 1 at a time transferred
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Sometimes she [Dr. Kennard] wouldn’t be there and one of her colleagues would take care of me . Ultrasounds were in and out and I felt limited to asking questions . And if I did ask they were quickly answered and out the door she went...we went in for a IVF consult and she did explain things much more in depth that made us feel reassured this would work ! Over all she is a great doctor and communication can lack at times but we appreciate everything she’s done for us .
She [nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] tells me the things as they should be and always shows great work ethics . She gives me advice and treats me more as a friend than a patient . Shows compassion and empathy for the situations we have gone Through...I paid a total of 7,200 for my 6 failed iui treatments . That’s including meds , ultrasounds , injectibles . Plus 900 for blood work to check my egg reserve and FSH levels...
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I loved the doctor . She first started off with iui’s since it would be a way to help us save money . As our iui’s were failing we were increasing jnjectibles . Everytime she would mention our iui would work but it always would fail . Not that it was her fault , my egg reserve was great . We just didn’t know what could cause it . In February we went in for a IVF consult and she did explain things much more in depth that made us feel reassured this would work ! Over all she is a great doctor and communication can lack at times but we appreciate everything she’s done for us . She also speaks in Spanish which helped us out , when my mother would come along .
Be very patient . try to ask as many questions to her or the nurses so you will be well informed before going home . Use the patient portal for new messages , they are really quick to respond or give a call back
Sometimes she wouldn’t be there and one of her colleagues would take care of me . Ultrasounds were in and out and I felt limited to asking questions . And if I did ask they were quickly answered and out the door she went .
I seemed to react better with femara. I started off taking 10mg a day between days 3-7. I was also taking 500mg of metformin in the morning . And prometeium. Along with the pregnyl . I did that for 3 months . The on the last 3 iuis I did injectibles and started on 450 of gonal-F. And using the ovidrel shot . I had no reaction and on the last iui she noticed a small cyst the size of a penny and thought it would be better not to mess with . So in February we went for an IVF consult and she did say we would still be using gonal-F and menopur as well ovidrel .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Terry )
She has two nurses but my favorite is terry . She tells me the things as they should be and always shows great work ethics . She gives me advice and treats me more as a friend than a patient . Shows compassion and empathy for the situations we have gone Through
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They’re great . Always friendly and courteous staff. Everyone greets you with a wave and huge smile . You feel welcomed and not alone in the journey ahead. It’s a clean atmosphere, if there are any questions you have the secretary up front gladly answers your questions or can transfer your call the correct department
I paid a total of 7,200 for my 6 failed iui treatments . That’s including meds , ultrasounds , injectibles . Plus 900 for blood work to check my egg reserve and FSH levels . this is the major reason why we decided to go the IVF route and invest our money wisely
We definitely wanted 2 embryos to be transferred but she suggested just one since there is a risk of multiples and also a health risk for me and the babies : we agreed . And we will see what happens . We have planned to do a fresh transfer on day 5 .
+ Read more- Read less

I like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they didn't question it when I decided to switch to Dr. Kennard. I switched because I didn't like that my previous doctor sometimes gave me false hope instead of just facts....they are quick to make appointments and manage to work around my schedule more often than not. I always receive cost information up front which is important to me.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Recently I finished a set number of medicated cycles and my husband and I met with Dr. Kennard to discuss next steps. She was extremely candid when talking about our options down to the risk of multiples, risk of OHSS, and success rates. She never gave us false hope but gave facts. She did not use price to dissuade or persuade us to choose an option. I like that she gave us the information we needed and that we felt supported to make any decision on our own. She stopped to ask if we had questions and even if we were okay during a tough conversation. I appreciate the way she handles herself around very sensitive topics.
I would recommend you educate yourself before meeting with Dr. Kennard or any doctor. Come prepared with questions and more questions. When you meet with a fertility doctor you are often paying out of pocket so you are literally paying for your doctor's time. Use it.
I felt like a human because Dr. Kennard always talked about treatment specific to my situation. She never gave false hope or expectations but also checked in with me often to make sure I was ok during appointments, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. Her bedside manner is great. I like that she explains every thing she is doing during procedures.
I had high male hormones and take a nightly dexamethosone tablet to suppress my adrenal glands from overproducing these hormones. During medicated cycles I take a 5 day course of letrozole starting and cycle day 3. I then visit the office for a follicular ultrasound on day 12-13. Based on my follicle development I would give myself an HCG trigger shot, usually Pregnyl to encourage the final maturation and release of an egg. During this time I had one chemical pregnancy lost at 5w6d and no other pregnancies. Next I am moving on to IVF and am currently awaiting my protocol review!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Evans, Teri Rochon)
I have two nurses, Lisa Evans and Teri Rochon. They both have great bedside manner and are organized. I appreciate that they return phone calls and messages in a timely manner. They answer any and every question that I have.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Don't be afraid to request a new doctor at this or any clinic. Find a doctor that delivers what you need. I like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they didn't question it when I decided to switch to Dr. Kennard. I switched because I didn't like that my previous doctor sometimes gave me false hope instead of just facts. I also switched to a female doctor from a male doctor because it made me more comfortable. I also like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they are quick to make appointments and manage to work around my schedule more often than not. I always receive cost information up front which is important to me.
Medicated cycles using letrozle and a trigger shot usually cost $89 for medications and $389 for a follicular ultrasound each cycle. Moving onto IVF my expected cost to the clinic for one round is $7,000 which includes multiple ultrasounds, egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I'm also estimating about $5,000 in medication costs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kennard has a very direct approach. She is not warm or sunshine-y. She is blunt and honest...she focuses on facts. I appreciated her candidness yet can see that her demeanor may not be for everyone...had three medicated (Clomid) IUIs. None were successful. I'm now in the middle of an IVF cycle...As I was about to turn 35, Dr. Kennard had me do the standard bloodwork and an HSG...While this protocol is specific to me, it also seems to be fairly standard. We don't have male infertility issues.
When updating my medications, I noticed that a nurse [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] seemed to miss a dose. I called and left a voicemail. Almost immediately she sent me a message through the portal (their preferred way of communicating; they don't answer the phones generally) apologize for the error. There are procedures in place that someone may have caught the error; however, I'm glad I did. Again, the nurse was very apologetic.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking for a direct, non-nonsense approach, Dr. Kennard is for you. Naturally, she is not very warm; she focuses on facts. I appreciated her candidness yet can see that her demeanor may not be for everyone.
Know that she will be honest and very direct with you; there is no sugar-coating.
As I was about to turn 35, Dr. Kennard had me do the standard bloodwork and an HSG. I then had three medicated (Clomid) IUIs. None were successful. I'm now in the middle of an IVF cycle. For five days I had a 150 unit shot of Gonal F and a 75 unit shot of Menopur in the morning and an additional 225 Gonal F shot in the evening. I now have increased my AM Gonal F shot to 225. I go back in tomorrow and hope to have my egg retrieval next week and embryo transfer the following week. While this protocol is specific to me, it also seems to be fairly standard. We don't have male infertility issues.
The nursing staff are incredible. They communicate well and respond quickly. They are patient with answering my questions and do seem to really care about us.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is run like a factory. For me, this is a strength. I've seen all of the doctors (not just my own) for appointments. I'm not sure how this compares to other clinics; however, it seems to work for them. Each doctor has a different personality; you get to know all of them. Others may see this approach as a weaknesses, as you do feel like a number at times. Again, though, to maximize efficiency, this seems to work. The waiting room is often very crowded (with 15-20 people/partners waiting). However, you're rarely waiting for too long.
IUIs were ~$1000 each (I did 3, so ~$3000) IVF medication is ~$7500 Other costs so far (sperm freezing for IVF, blood draws, etc) are around $2500
We've not yet had this conversation; I would have liked to have this conversation already. I imagine we'll discuss it around the time of my egg retrieval.
+ Read more- Read less

I feel as though she [Dr. Kennard] didn't adjust my treatment to accommodate the poor odds we were facing. For couples who are testing for a genetic disease, it makes sense to stimulate a little more aggressively, since they likely need at least 8 embryos biopsied and tested to have a good shot at having a healthy baby...Dr. Kennard is extremely short and a little odd. She will answer questions that you have, but will have a hand on the doorknob as she responds, as though she's got somewhere else to be...
[Ohio Repro Med] Pros - Good success rates. This clinic is associated with a great lab and embryologist. It's clean and private. I liked most of the doctors I met there during scans and procedures. Cons - Gets super busy with women lining up for ultrasounds, which makes you feel like a number...Extremely busy during monitoring appointments. Occasionally there would be nowhere to sit, or my husband and I would have to sit separately...
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Kennard was okay. She was recommended to me by my genetic counselor as having the best bedside manner. When I had my first appointment, she seemed extremely confident that IVF was the best choice for us. However, I feel as though she didn't adjust my treatment to accommodate the poor odds we were facing. For couples who are testing for a genetic disease, it makes sense to stimulate a little more aggressively, since they likely need at least 8 embryos biopsied and tested to have a good shot at having a healthy baby. Other women doing genetic testing that I have met have told me their doctors attempted an aggressive stim protocol to optimize their chances of success. I will add that Dr. Kennard is extremely short and a little odd. She will answer questions that you have, but will have a hand on the doorknob as she responds, as though she's got somewhere else to be.
Don't be put off by her brusque manner. Make sure you write your questions down and ask them.
We chose to undergo IVF to screen for a genetic condition. We were told by the genetic counselor at the screening lab to expect that only about 20% of our embryos would be suitable for transfer, or 1 out of 5. Obviously I felt pressured to have a large number of eggs retrieved in order to give us the best possible chance to have a healthy baby. No one at this clinic seemed to remember that we had special circumstances. During both retrievals, I cried because of the smaller-than-expected number of eggs retrieved, and clinic staff, trying to be helpful, told me that it was a perfectly decent number retrieved and that really, they just wanted 1 embryo to transfer. My husband or I always had to remind them that we were testing for a genetic condition and that what was a good number for others was NOT a good number for us. We routinely had to remind them that we were doing a freeze-all cycle due to genetic testing, as staff had tried to order progesterone testing for a fresh transfer. Even after 2 retrievals, they still didn't seem to know who I was.
Agonist protocol with leuprolide, gonal-F, hCG trigger. FET protocol with leuprolide, delestrogen, progesterone-in-oil, prometrium, medrol.
As I mentioned, even though we did two retrievals pretty much back-to-back, it seemed like the nurses didn't remember the specifics of our case. I always had to remind them that we were NOT doing a fresh transfer, etc. That said, I LOVED Penny. She was awesome.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
+ Read more- Read less

The best part of ORM, for me, was the nurse. She always called me back promptly, showed compassion, answered every question I had, never made me feel rushed. She seemed to remember me and my situation from visit to visit...Overall, I made the decision to leave the Ohio Red Med practice because I wanted a different protocol and Dr. Kennard's recommendation was to increase the meds on the same protocol I had been on previously. It has less to do with her manner and more to do with my treatment. During my follow up appointment after my failed IVF cycle, she was typing on her computer most of the time and the conversation was relatively quick, so that didn't feel great. But overall the decision was one regarding the treatment I felt made the most sense.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I'd give this advice to any infertility patient...Demand the drs time. Most doctors I have met with have made me feel rushed. Be prepared with your questions, and don't leave until you have your answers. Dr Kennard's style can be brisk, so don't let that shut down your questions.
I only actually talked with Dr. Kennard a few times. First time was at the initial consultation. Her style was blunt but she listened and asked a lot of questions. She didn't actually do any of my monitoring appointments and she didn't do my egg retrieval. She did call me to tell me none of my eggs fertilized and allowed me to call her back when I was too upset to continue the conversation. The last time I talked with her was at my follow up appointment.
We were on the long Lupron protocol. Suppression with birth control pills, then Lupron, then Gonal F... Triggered with HcG. Ended up responding poorly. I produced 5 eggs (after seeing far more follicles during the ultrasounds) and only 1 was mature. That mature egg didn't fertilize.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sal)
I don't recall what was covered by insurance and what was OOP

2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
...But my husband and I cover the spectrum of needing compassion and needing hard data and numbers. She [Dr. Elizabeth Kennard] does both. She accommodated some of our requests to try differently as long as she felt it did not compromise what she felt was good medicine. We actually moved on to another doctor, but had supervision by her and she was very gracious about it. She was open about saying her goal was for us to have a baby and whatever we felt was best she was okay with it.
...I hope they [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] upgraded a little bit of their paper work to something more computer based. The doctor's personalities vary quite a bit, as did some of their technique. It would be interested to look at success rates by doctor. They had limited donor experience (don't know if that has grown). Their billing and release forms were more simple vs other clinics that had nitty gritty every dime outlined and pages of legal forms to sign. They kept it simple (for better and for worse).
2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She is very professional and some may not see her as a warm fuzzy. As patients who were comfortable in a medical environment and advocating for ourselves, we appreciated her candor. I can imagine others who are looking for someone who focuses more on the personal, she may seem a little scientific. She is. But my husband and I cover the spectrum of needing compassion and needing hard data and numbers. She does both. She accommodated some of our requests to try differently as long as she felt it did not compromise what she felt was good medicine. We actually moved on to another doctor, but had supervision by her and she was very gracious about it. She was open about saying her goal was for us to have a baby and whatever we felt was best she was okay with it.
Know that she cares deeply AND is a medical professional with a goal to get patients a baby. Patients may be focused on keeping themselves sane and she gets it, but her way to help is to focus on what is the next step in trying to increase chances of success. She will let patients keep trying even with small odds - which some appreciate and some will not. People who appreciate dry humor and steady will like her best.
Dr. Kennard was very straight forward and answered the gazillion questions we asked. She gave us warnings about how things get technical so prepared us for some of the impersonal nature that we may experience while trying to stay human. She responded to our needs to be serious and to be funny. She got to know us (it was years) and seemed to follow our logic as we progressed. She cried when we had losses and when we got pregnant.
Since I got pregnant twice, there was not too much tweaking to the protocol once we got to IVF. We moved quickly from meds to IUI to IVF based on research that said in the long run, the costs of many IUIs didn't indicate continuing without success. At one point, We decided to do another IVF before transferring frozen, which was the first time someone had done that, but we were looking at long term outcomes with siblings and impending loss of insurance. She tried a protocol (different drugs) that another clinic had used on us that produced extremely large numbers of eggs, but it did not work when she tried it. She noted that her lab didn't like it, but she was willing to try since I had responded. She ultimately was frustrated along with us that I could get pregnant but not sustain a pregnancy. Moving to genetic testing was our reason to seek another lab/doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It was still done on paper, but everyone was organized and straight forward. They answered questions, took my calls and responded quickly, and were always compassionate. We asked everything from technical (how to do something, what is this) to personal experiences (what do others do, how to people respond) and they answered everything kindly.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It's a little cozy and not the high tech new clinic. It has a lab attached as well as a lab corp in the suite so everything is right there, but it is not enclosed in a building. I hope they upgraded a little bit of their paper work to something more computer based. The doctor's personalities vary quite a bit, as did some of their technique. It would be interested to look at success rates by doctor. They had limited donor experience (don't know if that has grown). Their billing and release forms were more simple vs other clinics that had nitty gritty every dime outlined and pages of legal forms to sign. They kept it simple (for better and for worse).
I have the cost sheet still. They made it simple (but this was 6 years ago). They knew they were lower cost and they seemed to prefer it that way. They gave us the whole cost sheet and it was updated once a year. Simple. IVF-ICSI - $8483, FET 1861 IVF-DE $15,278 (we didnt' use that, but I'm pulling it from the sheet I have). They gave a breakdown of those costs as well as an additional sheet with the lab costs (storage, PGD, hatching, sperm processing).
Since I was in my late 30s early 40s and the embryo's didn't have good grades, she tranferred several. Her logic was correct in that we only ever had single pregnancies. I know she felt strongly about eSET for younger and donor cycles, which we appreciated.

2011 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She was very knowledgeable but sensitive to the emotions involved in trying to conceive. I honestly believe without her compassion and evidence based encouragement I would have given up and would not have become a mother in my forties.
Her [Dr. Kennard's] nurses are also an amazing asset. I have never had that sort of responsiveness from a doctor's office. Very willing to explain and answer questions to ensure the best outcome. And very compassionate as well when I miscarried.
2011 - 2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions to understand your treatment. This is a practice that won't insult your intelligence. Know that this is usually a hard journey. Keep in mind that miscarriage is often part of trying to conceive journeys so there could be some heartbreak along the way. You aren't alone.
She was incredibly compassionate and flexible. I thought she would give me doses of reality but she gave me meaningful information and genuine (not false or overblown) hope.
While I was much older, my doctor felt we shouldn't assume we knew too much about my fertility status so we started with a protocol that is often skipped for women my age. We used lowest dose Clomid (50 mg), a trigger shot and ovulation monitoring as well as IUI. I was told the chances of pregnancy were typically 10 to 20 percent in a woman in her twenties but less than 5 at my age. But I got pregnant at each treatment cycle. My doctor's instincts were right. A more aggressive medical protocol might have resulted in cancelled cycles or multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sally and one other but I forget)
Her nurses are also an amazing asset. I have never had that sort of responsiveness from a doctor's office. Very willing to explain and answer questions to ensure the best outcome. And very compassionate as well when I miscarried.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Two of my IUIs were performed by other doctors at the clinic. They were similarly knowledgeable, compassionate and thorough. I had no issues with scheduling or accounting/billing departments. They went out of their way to explain charges to us in advance as well as the pieces that might be covered by insurance. They filed everything for us.
I don't recall them all. There were a number of diagnostic tests and pregnancy monitoring. Treatment wise there were medicines for me (thyroid and Clomid and progesterone). The costs for semen collection, analysis and storage were not covered in any way. We were informed about those costs I detail.

Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Kennard is] great at answering questions so ask all the questions you can think of. Although during our IVF consult she answered 90% of my questions before I could even ask them...She prefers single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of complications that can arise for mother and babies of multiple gestation pregnancy her goal is to give you a healthy, full term baby...took the time to listen to what treatment options I wanted to pursue. I never felt pushed to do IVF and she let me continue to do IUI with different medications until my husband and I decided to move on to IVF.
I love this clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. The only negative is that I occasionally had to wait a while for blood work in the mornings because they are so busy, but recently they hired another staff member to help with lab work in the mornings and it has seemed to solve the issue...Lisa and Teri are Dr kennard’s nurses and they are absolutely fantastic. They respond quickly to questions via phone calls and patient portal message...IUI (including sperm washing) $381, traditional IVF with fresh transfer $7100 (not including meds).
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She is very straight forward and will absolutely tell you the truth about your chance at treatment success, even if it’s not the news you want to hear. Since infertility treatment isn’t cheap, I’m glad that she is so transparent about success rates. She’s also a very good listener. She does frequent reassessment of treatment plans when things aren’t working and makes sure you’re comfortable with the next steps.
She’s great at answering questions so ask all the questions you can think of. Although during our IVF consult she answered 90% of my questions before I could even ask them.
Dr Kennard took the time to listen to what treatment options I wanted to pursue. I never felt pushed to do IVF and she let me continue to do IUI with different medications until my husband and I decided to move on to IVF.
Clomid with trigger shot and IUI, Femara with trigger shot and IUI, GonalF with trigger shot and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Teri)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I love this clinic. The only negative is that I occasionally had to wait a while for blood work in the mornings because they are so busy, but recently they hired another staff member to help with lab work in the mornings and it has seemed to solve the issue.
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. Kennard] communicates factual and with a dry intellectual humor. During a miscarriage, it was less than a warm bedside manner but during treatments, we appreciated the facts and candor. She would also call to answer questions and was very sensitive to cost concerns.... We selected Femara instead of clomid due to hormonal concerns of moodiness. We used a standard ivf protocol with icsi and pgs. We opted for natural cycles with no birth control.
The clinic [Ohio Repro Med] is conscious of costs. The nurses were kind but we saw many and were often confused on what we were to do. The shot training was very helpful.... Ivf with icsi was just under $12k not including meds. We paid extra for pgs testing.... We had on blood test for my husband that was ordered incorrectly but the staff corrected the mistake with no issue and at no cost to us. They made it right.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She communicates factual and with a dry intellectual humor. During a miscarriage, it was less than a warm bedside manner but during treatments, we appreciated the facts and candor. She would also call to answer questions and was very sensitive to cost concerns.
Be prepared and do your research so you can use you time effectively with the dr.
I felt my Dr listened to my concerns about hormone treatments and customized treatment protocols for me.
They were helpful and compassionate but we were often confused about protocol and activities during office visits. It seems like they expected patients to be experts in their appointments.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Kennard is wonderfully competent and communicates effectively with no frills. She adjusted protocols to meet our needs and dug into our data to find answers for us when we had all abnormal embryos. The clinic is conscious of costs. The nurses were kind but we saw many and were often confused on what we were to do. The shot training was very helpful.
This practice focuses on infant health and promotes one embryo transfer at a time. They provided objective evidence for this practice which made sense to us.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She’s very thorough, her bedside manner isn’t the best and she has a dry sense of humor. She [Dr. Kennard] did make us understand everything, my husband has a medical background and he felt she talked to us like we were a little bit dumb.... She wanted to do a semen analysis for my husband, several blood tests, laparoscopy and HCG. From there she wanted to do timed inter-course with clomid and a trigger....
They were great, very organized. I think HIPAA is an issue though.... Communication is a strength, timeliness in the waiting room, getting back to you and they [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] book pretty far out are all weaknesses. I did like that we were able to call with any questions we had without asking to come into the office every time. They were very good about communicating over the phone.... Very excessive, a semen analysis was well over $1,000 whereas it was covered 100% through our gynecologist.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She’s very thorough, her bedside manner isn’t the best and she has a dry sense of humor. She did make us understand everything, my husband has a medical background and he felt she talked to us like we were a little bit dumb.
She takes a while to get an appointment with, the clinic is incredibly expensive and they do not help with payment whatsoever. We chose to have as much testing done with our gynecologist as we could because it was covered under insurance.
She was very thorough and explained everything every step of the way.
They were great, very organized. I think HIPAA is an issue though.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Communication is a strength, timeliness in the waiting room, getting back to you and they book pretty far out are all weaknesses. I did like that we were able to call with any questions we had without asking to come into the office every time. They were very good about communicating over the phone.
Very excessive, a semen analysis was well over $1,000 whereas it was covered 100% through our gynecologist. The procedures they wanted to do there were thousands of dollars and we were able to get a lot of them covered through my gynecologist and the results sent to Dr. Kennard.
No comments
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Elizabeth Kennard] made us feel comfortable in our choices and let us know she would do whatever we wanted. She told us her recommendations, which was to try a couple more IUIs before jumping straight to IVF. She wanted her lab to have the chance to evaluate my husband’s sperm and see what they could do with it and have him on a medicine to try and improve it. He medicine seemed to work at first, however the subsequent results varied. No pregnancies ever came from the IUI and we moved on to IVF options.
I loved everything about this clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] except that your doctor may not be the one doing your procedures. The clinic atmosphere was very relaxing and open but made you feel like you had your privacy. They had multiple waiting rooms for each step of the process. And a convient lab right next door.... The nurses were probably the best part of this practice. They let me cry on the phone to them and we’re very patient with me and kept Me very informed.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She was Very relatable and compassionate while being to the point. She answers all of your questions and always seemed knowledgeable. She always made sure to provide us resources and kept us informed of the expenses.
Know you are in safe hands and she will let you rest easier in her care.
Very comfortablt office, she was very attentative and seemed genuinely interested in your life and what brought you to her.
She made us feel comfortable in our choices and let us know she would do whatever we wanted. She told us her recommendations, which was to try a couple more IUIs before jumping straight to IVF. She wanted her lab to have the chance to evaluate my husband’s sperm and see what they could do with it and have him on a medicine to try and improve it. He medicine seemed to work at first, however the subsequent results varied. No pregnancies ever came from the IUI and we moved on to IVF options.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I loved everything about this clinic except that your doctor may not be the one doing your procedures. The clinic atmosphere was very relaxing and open but made you feel like you had your privacy. They had multiple waiting rooms for each step of the process. And a convient lab right next door.
The costs were very upfront and they would try their best to code things so they would be covered.

5 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Kennard is direct and no nonsense, which I appreciate as I don't want false platitudes. However, along with the directness comes minimal warmth, which would be nice to have as I go through this difficult process...Come prepared with questions and be an informed consumer...
Be aware that although you pick a doctor [at Ohio Repro Med] you see all of them and may not see your doctor throughout the whole process...I was lucky to have insurance that covered infertility. Out of pocket cost for IVF was about $7k, which included medication...
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Come prepared with questions and be an informed consumer. However, this advice is not isolated to her, but should be followed for all doctors.
Minimal warmth
1 IVF, 1 FET, 1 IVF suspended after egg retrieval as my progesterone was too high so I'm in the middle of my 2nd FET cycle. I used follistem rather then Gonal for insurance purposes. I had to use Gonal for my last cycle. I liked follistem better as the Gonal took longer and was way more expensive.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Be aware that although you pick a doctor you see all of them and may not see your doctor throughout the whole process.
+ Read more- Read less
I can tell Dr. Kennard is very experienced in her field and she is always on time for our appointments. I don’t feel like she asked me a lot of questions about my health history and I am not sure she took some of my concerns seriously before just diagnosing me with unexplained infertility. While Dr. Kennard is kind, she is very straight forward in her demeanor, which I think some people could take offense to.
They [Ohio Repro Med] are always very timely for appointments and even though various Dr’s have done the IUI procedures, all have been very professional and made me feel comfortable. While I appreciate the timeliness, I have sometimes felt rushed in my appointments and don’t have a chance to ask all my questions or get detailed explanations, so my advice would be to make sure you feel comfortable to not just settle bc you feel rushed.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and don’t feel rushed.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are always very timely for appointments and even though various Dr’s have done the IUI procedures, all have been very professional and made me feel comfortable. While I appreciate the timeliness, I have sometimes felt rushed in my appointments and don’t have a chance to ask all my questions or get detailed explanations, so my advice would be to make sure you feel comfortable to not just settle bc you feel rushed.
$800 for each round IUI, plus med costs which totaled around $100 per refill.