Available by cell phone
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Glendora
315 E Rte 66
Glendora, CA 91740
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ellen Goldstein to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility to a friend?
2019 - 2020
The office [Reproductive Fertility] is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information...I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
My husband and I sought treatment from Dr. Goldstein after experiencing our third consecutive miscarriage. We were heartbroken, exhausted, anxious - all the feelings that accompany loss of this magnitude. Dr. Goldstein gave us hope, and helped me to find the courage necessary to continue our journey. I am so deeply thankful to have found her, and cannot emphasize enough how comfortable I was throughout my IVF journey thanks to her outstanding care. First and foremost, Dr. Goldstein took the time to ensure that my husband and I were active participants in our care. She completed a very thorough diagnostic workup that covered all bases. She discovered a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus, and recommended a hysteroscopy to remove it. My husband and felt comfortable and confident going into the surgery, and it went beautifully. After the hysteroscopy, we decided we wanted to pursue IVF, and Dr. Goldstein walked us through what the process would look like. She provided expert medical recommendations, but never pushed us in a specific direction. Instead she made sure we had the knowledge we needed to determine what course of action we were comfortable with, and supported us in our decision. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Goldstein was very hands-on. I saw her for every one of my appointments, and she preformed all my procedures. Her communication was exemplary; far above and beyond that of any other physician I’ve had. Dr. Goldstein personally responded to all inquiries quickly, including those I had on evenings and weekends. She also proactively reached out with frequent updates so we were always very well informed about where we were in the process. Dr. Goldstein and her office were also flexible, and I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein truly made my husband and I feel like valued members of a team throughout our treatment process. From day one, she ensured we felt comfortable and confident in our understanding of our diagnosis and subsequent treatment. She is extremely accessible and lightning fast in her responses to any inquiries we had. We always felt valued, prioritized, and included every step of the way. We both feel incredibly lucky to have found such a dedicated, knowledgable and compassionate physician to care for us on our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The office is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information.

2020
I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle... She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
I was assigned Kyra as my nurse [at Reproductive Fertility] , I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect...It's a beautiful and clean space. The waiting room, even though I am not ever waiting for long, is very comfortable. Every room I have been is clean and maintained. It doesn't feel like a doctors office, especially none of the ones I've been in...I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle.
2020
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein is the first doctor that took the time to explain why I am having difficulty conceiving. She has the prefect marriage of honesty and compassion without making you feel dim-witted. Within the first week of meeting her she scheduled a saline ultrasound that allowed her to see that I had polyps in my uterus. I feel like I have moved forward and have gotten so much accomplished within four months of knowing and working with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I'd say meet with her. She does have your back. I was so vulnerable our first meeting and she has shown me that I can trust her.
I honestly I am so happy to be working with Dr. Goldstein. She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
When I was assigned Kyra as my nurse, I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .
I was fortunate that I only had to pay out of pocket for one procedure, hysterscopy. I called many hospitals in the area and found paying the $3,000 was the best option, financially.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .

2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant...she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment)...Dr. Goldstein approached my treatment in a very individualized way, tailoring the plan to my unique needs, both with my first child (Dr. Goldstein went against “protocol” to ensure the best outcome given my body’s response to certain injectables) and with my current pregnancy (tirelessly researching and consulting with other experts in the field to maximize the chance of IVF success despite my chronic endometritis with significant inflammation).
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I could not be happier with Dr. Goldstein. I first saw her in 2017 at Kaiser after two other IUIs and a miscarriage. Despite Kaiser’s protocol, she decided to adjust the approach (gonal-f vs another menopur cycle) based on my history and risk factors, which resulted in my beautiful baby girl. After multiple failed IUIs at Kaiser in 2019, I decided to pursue IVF with Dr. Goldstein at her private practice. At that point, significant inflammation was noted on endometrial biopsy and I was diagnosed with chronic endometritis, thought to reflect infection from prior IUI. Dr. Goldstein did everything possible to ensure a good outcome despite this complication (e.g., researching, consulting, working with lab techs to figure out a way to culture my samples to obtain more information for better treatment planning). She explained all my options thoroughly and with empathy, every step of the way. When it became more apparent that my inflammation was likely an autoimmune response (as opposed to infection), she consulted with colleagues from across the nation to develop an immunosupression plan for my FET. I am now almost 8-weeks pregnant (strong heartbeat, on-track development).
IVF is scary, so share any and all of your worries with Dr. Goldstein - she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
2017: Gonal-f IUI - she chose Gonal-f (vs menopur) since my body did not respond well to menopur (my lining was very thin and I ended up miscarrying at almost 7-weeks during the previous cycle). This was at Kaiser, so I was not always scheduled to see her, and when another doctor told me I had to try another cycle with menopur first (as per Kaiser protocol), I asked for Dr. Goldstein and she advocated for me. This resulted in my daughter. 2019: Egg retrieval, FET (5-day) - as I described earlier, my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment).
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
Dr. Goldstein highly recommended eSET for me for several reasons. My first pregnancy was complicated (my daughter was born preterm and with low birth weight following a rare placental abnormality) and a multiple pregnancy would increase my risk of complications this time around. With the chronic endometritis, we also did not want to transfer both of my viable embryos together, in case the inflammation interfered with implantation, etc. (better to have a second chance than losing them both at once).

7 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein always took care to listen to all of my questions and did everything she could to give me the most information. She has the most calm and gentle bedside manner, but at the same time comes across extremely confident and knowledgeable. I always felt like she prioritized me and my partner's situation - but I'm sure she makes all of her patients feel that way because she is just so sincere!...She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
The nurses here [Reproductive Fertility] are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions...The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own...I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many f
7 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein is very knowledgeable and thoughtful about her approach to infertility. She really does take each case individually, and takes time to make decisions that she thinks would be best to give you the best results. I always felt like she tried to provide me with the best possible solutions/medications/strategies to help us conceive. I always saw Dr. Goldstein when I came for my appointments, and she even came early at 7:30 am because she knew my work day started so early. She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
Don't look anywhere else - she's an amazing physician who is ALWAYS looking out for you and your best interest.
I remember that for my first IVF cycle, I wasn't taking anything except my usual prenatal pills, folic acid and calcium supplements. For my next cycle, she recommended that I take an additional 4- 5 supplements which she said might produce better follicular counts. In addition, she slightly changed the medications I used from one cycle to the next, again, because she believed they would produce better results for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Kyra Jackson)
The nurses here are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I would recommend this clinic because of Dr. Goldstein alone. She's the best doctor I've ever had, and especially for a such a sensitive and emotional time in my life, I'm so lucky to have found her. The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own.
I don't have the exact figures, but they were running a promotion at the time we first started seeing the clinic. I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many follicles that cycle), it was roughly $30K. Please note: we already had 80% of our medications, so we only had to buy 20%, and that is not included in the $30K figure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
They [Reproductive Fertility] were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen [Goldstein] communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team...The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients..... She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems.... I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication.... She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day.... The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.... They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems. But she also didn’t pay attention to where we were at in our allotment of partially covered IUIs. I feel like I wasted time and wasn’t given all the information I needed to make wise decisions. I almost never saw her directly or got to speak with her directly until I refused to speak to anyone but her. She was kind at that point and called me saying she didn’t realize that I felt communication was lacking. And after that cycle failed, I never heard from her again. Despite having one more IUI I could try. I will skip that because I would do anything not to go back. I know she has her own clinic outside of what my insurance covers, but I would never choose her as a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
First, ask for someone else. Second, if you must see her, make sure she communicates all the details. That she explains medications, side effects, what you can expect. Find out how involved she will be and request that you see her. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The kaiser facility makes every patient just a number. You are constantly being shuffled between doctors and there is almost no communication with the doctor in charge of your care.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I don’t think there was a strategy. I think I was always an after thought. They allowed me to start off with unmedicated cycles, but didn’t pay attention to how many had been done that way. I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication. So, I feel like that one was a waste. She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day. The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining. I was then moved to menopur injections which also didn’t seem to have much of an effect. I never knew what was to be expected. How many visits I might have, etc. I truly felt there was no protocol for me specifically.
I never saw the same nurse twice. For the most part they were just neutral. In and out and done. I did have one specific nurse at my very first appointment tell me that I just shouldn’t stress and I would probably get pregnant. This was after handing me a packet that had things you could ask family to do for you which included letting them know that telling you not to stress was not helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my care. Every visit just to the office was about $150. The last IUI with injectables cost about $3,000 all together.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
No IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level....She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. ...We had a lot of miscommunications with our first clinic nurse, because of which, we were given a new nurse. The first nurse lost some paperwork and failed to call us with results of one blood work lab.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
+ Read more- Read less

EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME...I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
THEY [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING...DURING THE LAST CYCLE I DID, NEAR TO THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE LAB GAVE THE WRONG RESULTS FOR AN ESTRADIOL TEST AND THE DOCTORS THOUGHT I OVULATED ON MY OWN SO I HAD TO GO BACK QUICKLY FOR AN IUI, BUT THEY RETESTED AND I DIDN'T OVULATE YET SO THE IUI WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE TEST RESULTS WERE WRONG.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WAS GREAT BUT HER PATIENT LOAD THAT KAISER PUT ON THE FERTILITY DEPARTMENT PREVENTED HER FROM TAKING EXTRA TIME DURING PROCEDURES OR EXAMS TO SPEND EXTRA TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE TOOK EXTRA TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS DURING THE CONSULTATIONS AND TO GO OVER TEST RESULTS.
SHE WILL DO HER BEST TO HELP YOU MEDICALLY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY AS WELL AS BEING HONEST WITH YOU WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE AS WITNESSED WITH MY WIFE'S INFERTILITY.
SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE TEST RESULTS IN DETAIL. SHE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND WAS FRANK ABOUT MY WIFE & I FERTILITY TREATMENTS. FIRST MY AFRICAN AMERICAN WIFE WAS SEEING HER FOUND OUT THAT HER FIBROIDS PREVENTED HER FROM FURTHER TREATMENT. THEN I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME. WE WERE USING DONOR SPERM FROM THE CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK, SOMETIMES IT IS MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH IUI'S USING LIVE SPERM.
THEY WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
TOO MANY PATIENTS, LONG WAIT TIMES. APPOINTMENT TIMES WERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT OBSERVED. YOU WOULD HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 8AM AND NOT BE TAKEN IN TILL 830 AND NOT SEEN FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HR. ALSO THEY HAD SATURDAY HOURS BUT NOT SUNDAY. SO YOUR CYCLE NEEDED TO BE WORKED AROUND SUNDAY CLOSURE AND AVAIL APPOINTMENT TIMES.
EACH CYCLE ENDED UP BEING ABOUT $1450.00. ~ 5 VISITS $40 COPAY, $250 FOR MEDS & $1000 FOR SPERM. SO FOR 5 CYCLES IT WAS APPROX $7250. NOT COUNTING THE TIME OFF WORK AND THE GAS DRIVING TO THE KAISER FACILITY ON SUNSET FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
+ Read more- Read less

With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions.... I have already recommended Dr. Goldstein to friends. She was compassionate and professional. We always felt comfortably asking questions and she put our fears at ease. We always felt that no question was dumb and that we could rely on her to do what was best for our infertility case.
Great facility [Reproductive Fertility]. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking....The nursing staff was great overall! They were responsive to questions and compassionate as well.... Total cost including surgery for my husband, medication, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer came out around $20,000.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions. We always received a prompt response from her or her staff.
My husband had to have surgery in order to retrieve sperm. Once that was complete, we had to do an egg retrieval. Medication: 1 Cetrotide 2 300 Gonal F pens (minus 150) 1 900 Gonal F pen 2 Menopur 2 Lupron (trigger shots) Progesterone (vaginal inserts)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Great facility. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking.
Dr. Goldstein wanted to do one embryo transfer because I am young and I did not have the fertility issues. She also said that transferring multiple embryos did not increase the odds of a successful transfer.

2014 - 2018
6 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Goldstein] was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. ... Always willing to accommodate our schedules. ... We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood] was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were. ... We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
2014 - 2018
6 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr.Goldstein was an amazing doctor. She was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing. Always willing to accommodate our schedules.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always available and willing to answer questions.
DR. Goldstein took the times to explain the procedure and made sure we understood what our next steps were.
We started out with injections and we were going to do a fresh transfer, my body didn't react well to the egg retrieval and decided to do a frozen transfer instead. We got pregnant on the first try!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were.
Dr. Goldstein was very conscious of the cost. She was willing research the best prices on medications needed. We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient...Her biggest strength is her knowledge, patience and delivery of information to us, there was never a moment we felt she hesitated, or had any doubts with the information she gave us, she always had time for us, and even calm our fears when we had an early pregnancy scare that another office told us we had lost our baby, but there was Dr. Goldstein that reassure us that everything was going well, and fast foward a couple years i have my beautiful daughter thanks to her.
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group's] strengths are its Availability and flexibility...they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process...Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Do not hesitate in choosing her as your Doctor she is everything that a fertility Doctor should be and more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
the clinics strengths are its Availability and flexibility are their strengths, they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
She is empathetic. Her protocols are individualized. She respected my time. She communicated promptly. She has a sense of humor....Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic... She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable.
Parking is tough. The staff [Reproductive Fertility] is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money...The nursing staff was very good and mindful of my needle phobia. They were also very accommodating to my children who had to come with me to visits...[costs] within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic. She was my first dr in Los Angeles, but my third through this process. She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable. The result of the IVF was also successful, and my cycle with Dr. Goldstein yielded more PGD normal blasts than my cycle five years before.
Expect early appointments.
I’m unable to go into specifics without digging through my notes, but we canceled my first cycle with Follistim to switch to Menopur. The cycle went a bit longer than I expected, but the results were well beyond my expectations at 40 years old. My IVF at 35 produced to normal blasts. With Ellen, five years later, I had three.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Xochitl)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Parking is tough. The staff is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money.
I can’t remmber exactly, but within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
We froze for future surrogacy.