Available by cell phone
West Hollywood,, CA 90069
Glendora
315 E Rte 66
Glendora, CA 91740
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ellen Goldstein to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
West Hollywood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .

Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems.... I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication.... She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day.... The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems. But she also didn’t pay attention to where we were at in our allotment of partially covered IUIs. I feel like I wasted time and wasn’t given all the information I needed to make wise decisions. I almost never saw her directly or got to speak with her directly until I refused to speak to anyone but her. She was kind at that point and called me saying she didn’t realize that I felt communication was lacking. And after that cycle failed, I never heard from her again. Despite having one more IUI I could try. I will skip that because I would do anything not to go back. I know she has her own clinic outside of what my insurance covers, but I would never choose her as a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
First, ask for someone else. Second, if you must see her, make sure she communicates all the details. That she explains medications, side effects, what you can expect. Find out how involved she will be and request that you see her. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The kaiser facility makes every patient just a number. You are constantly being shuffled between doctors and there is almost no communication with the doctor in charge of your care.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I don’t think there was a strategy. I think I was always an after thought. They allowed me to start off with unmedicated cycles, but didn’t pay attention to how many had been done that way. I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication. So, I feel like that one was a waste. She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day. The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining. I was then moved to menopur injections which also didn’t seem to have much of an effect. I never knew what was to be expected. How many visits I might have, etc. I truly felt there was no protocol for me specifically.
I never saw the same nurse twice. For the most part they were just neutral. In and out and done. I did have one specific nurse at my very first appointment tell me that I just shouldn’t stress and I would probably get pregnant. This was after handing me a packet that had things you could ask family to do for you which included letting them know that telling you not to stress was not helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my care. Every visit just to the office was about $150. The last IUI with injectables cost about $3,000 all together.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
No IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles- Sunset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level....She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?

4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
She is empathetic. Her protocols are individualized. She respected my time. She communicated promptly. She has a sense of humor....Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic... She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable.
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic. She was my first dr in Los Angeles, but my third through this process. She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable. The result of the IVF was also successful, and my cycle with Dr. Goldstein yielded more PGD normal blasts than my cycle five years before.
Expect early appointments.
I’m unable to go into specifics without digging through my notes, but we canceled my first cycle with Follistim to switch to Menopur. The cycle went a bit longer than I expected, but the results were well beyond my expectations at 40 years old. My IVF at 35 produced to normal blasts. With Ellen, five years later, I had three.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Xochitl)
The nursing staff was very good and mindful of my needle phobia. They were also very accommodating to my children who had to come with me to visits.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Parking is tough. The staff is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money.
I can’t remmber exactly, but within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
We froze for future surrogacy.
Burbank

With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions.... I have already recommended Dr. Goldstein to friends. She was compassionate and professional. We always felt comfortably asking questions and she put our fears at ease. We always felt that no question was dumb and that we could rely on her to do what was best for our infertility case.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions. We always received a prompt response from her or her staff.
My husband had to have surgery in order to retrieve sperm. Once that was complete, we had to do an egg retrieval. Medication: 1 Cetrotide 2 300 Gonal F pens (minus 150) 1 900 Gonal F pen 2 Menopur 2 Lupron (trigger shots) Progesterone (vaginal inserts)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility .
The nursing staff was great overall! They were responsive to questions and compassionate as well.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Great facility. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking.
Total cost including surgery for my husband, medication, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer came out around $20,000.
Dr. Goldstein wanted to do one embryo transfer because I am young and I did not have the fertility issues. She also said that transferring multiple embryos did not increase the odds of a successful transfer.