Medical SchoolMount Sinai School of Medicine
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Glendora
315 E Rte 66
Glendora, CA 91740
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ellen Goldstein to a friend?
9.8

9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Fertility to a friend?
21 Eggs Frozen
Single egg freezing treatment [at Reproductive Fertility]: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle...The clinic is very boutique feeling in a central location. Parking is a bit annoying and can get expensive but you can sometimes find street parking if you plan ahead. If you're just going for a blood draw, let the valet know and they won't take your car far. The front desk/billing department responding in a timely manner and my experiences were fine, however, there were times with other patients who I presume were in more sensitive situations than I, that I felt the compassion and care Dr Goldstein and Gunay show wasn't quite there and that at times, they were treated simply as a person who owes a bill. while this doesn't impede the care in any way, it's something to be aware of and be sure that you fully understand the pricing and terms. Read the contract thoroughly. I did and did not have any questions or issues but this is the only area where I witnessed some area of concern or question.
21 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein's communication and bedside manner are unmatched. She has this way of putting you at ease. She has genuine care and compassion and adjusts treatment based on what's best for you, understanding it's not always the outcome or information you want to hear. In my first cycle, I was not responding to the medication as we had anticipated. At my consult, I had I believe 17 follicles showing. On day 5, I had only 9 follicles and they were all growing very small. She expressed I might be a rare case that she might recommend cancelling. Because finances were not an issue for me regarding medication, she encouraged us to wait two more days to see the results and for me to de-stress as much as possible. I did and when I came back, my numbers had made a pretty significant rebound. We did have to adjust my number of days of stimulation but we ultimately ended up with 12 frozen eggs. Going from a potential cancellation to 12 eggs was just incredible and I'm thankful for her expertise and glad we held out. I wanted to do two back to back cycles but my numbers just weren't looking great so while we could have in theory proceeded, she advised me to wait and give myself a break. While disappointing, I appreciated her advice and the second cycle eventually occurred with another round of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Come prepared with your questions, but don't stress if you don't know what to ask. She will educate you every step of the way and you can trust she's not out to just get money. She will always recommend what's best for you, but also understands this is a physical, mental, and financially tolling process. Based on your needs in each of those spaces, she will tailor her approach to how you address if things don't go as planned. I no longer live in LA but would happily fly back if I do another round or need to go through IVF in the future - she's that good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein has the most incredible bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. This is NOT an exaggeration. Fertility decisions are never easy, whether you're faced with the unexpected or are trying to plan. It is an extremely personal process with a physical and emotional toll. I had my consultation with Dr. Goldstein who instead of diving into statistics or the numbers, started by getting to know me as a human including why I was pursuing this path, where I was at in life, what kind of support I had throughout the upcoming process, etc and she tailored her care and support to match. The "data" and numbers came only after there was an established mutual respect and trust that she cared about ME. I left the consultation feeling truly empowered and that she was going to be by my side the entire way. And I was right. My first injection was scheduled to be the day their office shut down due to the Pandemic in the early days in Mar 2020. The devastation and unknowns were heartbreaking (especially as a single woman) but she helped level with me and I felt tremendously supported during a time of uneasiness for everyone. She checked in over the coming weeks just to see how I was doing and update me on the latest and when we got the green light to move forward again, she was ready. This time I had less support than I had anticipated due to the pandemic and again, as a single woman, I felt like she was the emotional support I needed. I didn't just feel like I had a knowledgeable practitioner, I felt like I had a friend who genuinely cared about me and looking back, I can't imagine having gone through this process with some of the dr's my friends have used. She performed every one of my ultrasounds, called with all of my results, always made sure I was knowledgeable about my levels, how many follicles I had, what sizes they were, and most importantly, educated me continuously at each and every visit. I never once felt lost or in the dark about what was to come and I know so much more about fertility in general thanks to her. When I went to do my second cycle, my body wasn't ready and she found the best way to share the news that I should take a break. We could have pushed forward but she wanted the best results for me. When I did resume for the second cycle after a short break, she carefully considered the adjustments we would make and I had another positive outcome.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
First round: Birth Control Menopur Gonal F Cetrotide Novarel Second round (I think this is what I took - might be off on one of these): No birth control (it suppressed my ovaries too much) Menopur Gonal F Lupron Pregnyl Rationale for changing up the second round is that the birth control seemed to suppress my ovaries and my eggs were not all grow at the same size (there was one too large from very early on). The second round, all my eggs grew at the appropriate sizes and together. We suspect the stress of Covid, BLM, and having to start/stop treatment and unknowns related to covid played a factor in my slightly lower than expected numbers (when I destressed, numbers went up). She also recommended some great therapists to speak with since I was suddenly alone, in lockdown, doing this challenging alone. I found an incredible and experienced fertility therapist who really helped as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
Gunay was absolutely incredible. My pharmacy told me that her notes regarding my prescription were the most clear, detailed notes they'd ever seen! She was incredibly timely in responding with any questions that I had and ensuring I understood everything Dr. Goldstein stated. She was always the last person I spoke with before leaving the office. She had an equally warm and compassionate bedside manner and approach. There were other nurses who did my blood draw and while my interactions were minimal, all were friendly and helped distract me (I'm terrified of needles). Gunay and Dr. Goldstein are a power couple in my opinion.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .
Single egg freezing treatment: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle
West Hollywood

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility .

2019 - 2020
The office [Reproductive Fertility] is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information...I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
My husband and I sought treatment from Dr. Goldstein after experiencing our third consecutive miscarriage. We were heartbroken, exhausted, anxious - all the feelings that accompany loss of this magnitude. Dr. Goldstein gave us hope, and helped me to find the courage necessary to continue our journey. I am so deeply thankful to have found her, and cannot emphasize enough how comfortable I was throughout my IVF journey thanks to her outstanding care. First and foremost, Dr. Goldstein took the time to ensure that my husband and I were active participants in our care. She completed a very thorough diagnostic workup that covered all bases. She discovered a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus, and recommended a hysteroscopy to remove it. My husband and felt comfortable and confident going into the surgery, and it went beautifully. After the hysteroscopy, we decided we wanted to pursue IVF, and Dr. Goldstein walked us through what the process would look like. She provided expert medical recommendations, but never pushed us in a specific direction. Instead she made sure we had the knowledge we needed to determine what course of action we were comfortable with, and supported us in our decision. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Goldstein was very hands-on. I saw her for every one of my appointments, and she preformed all my procedures. Her communication was exemplary; far above and beyond that of any other physician I’ve had. Dr. Goldstein personally responded to all inquiries quickly, including those I had on evenings and weekends. She also proactively reached out with frequent updates so we were always very well informed about where we were in the process. Dr. Goldstein and her office were also flexible, and I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
Dr. Goldstein truly made my husband and I feel like valued members of a team throughout our treatment process. From day one, she ensured we felt comfortable and confident in our understanding of our diagnosis and subsequent treatment. She is extremely accessible and lightning fast in her responses to any inquiries we had. We always felt valued, prioritized, and included every step of the way. We both feel incredibly lucky to have found such a dedicated, knowledgable and compassionate physician to care for us on our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The office is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information.

2020
I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle... She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
I was assigned Kyra as my nurse [at Reproductive Fertility] , I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect...It's a beautiful and clean space. The waiting room, even though I am not ever waiting for long, is very comfortable. Every room I have been is clean and maintained. It doesn't feel like a doctors office, especially none of the ones I've been in...I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein is the first doctor that took the time to explain why I am having difficulty conceiving. She has the prefect marriage of honesty and compassion without making you feel dim-witted. Within the first week of meeting her she scheduled a saline ultrasound that allowed her to see that I had polyps in my uterus. I feel like I have moved forward and have gotten so much accomplished within four months of knowing and working with her.
I'd say meet with her. She does have your back. I was so vulnerable our first meeting and she has shown me that I can trust her.
I honestly I am so happy to be working with Dr. Goldstein. She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
When I was assigned Kyra as my nurse, I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I was fortunate that I only had to pay out of pocket for one procedure, hysterscopy. I called many hospitals in the area and found paying the $3,000 was the best option, financially.

2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant...she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment)...Dr. Goldstein approached my treatment in a very individualized way, tailoring the plan to my unique needs, both with my first child (Dr. Goldstein went against “protocol” to ensure the best outcome given my body’s response to certain injectables) and with my current pregnancy (tirelessly researching and consulting with other experts in the field to maximize the chance of IVF success despite my chronic endometritis with significant inflammation).
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I could not be happier with Dr. Goldstein. I first saw her in 2017 at Kaiser after two other IUIs and a miscarriage. Despite Kaiser’s protocol, she decided to adjust the approach (gonal-f vs another menopur cycle) based on my history and risk factors, which resulted in my beautiful baby girl. After multiple failed IUIs at Kaiser in 2019, I decided to pursue IVF with Dr. Goldstein at her private practice. At that point, significant inflammation was noted on endometrial biopsy and I was diagnosed with chronic endometritis, thought to reflect infection from prior IUI. Dr. Goldstein did everything possible to ensure a good outcome despite this complication (e.g., researching, consulting, working with lab techs to figure out a way to culture my samples to obtain more information for better treatment planning). She explained all my options thoroughly and with empathy, every step of the way. When it became more apparent that my inflammation was likely an autoimmune response (as opposed to infection), she consulted with colleagues from across the nation to develop an immunosupression plan for my FET. I am now almost 8-weeks pregnant (strong heartbeat, on-track development).
IVF is scary, so share any and all of your worries with Dr. Goldstein - she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
2017: Gonal-f IUI - she chose Gonal-f (vs menopur) since my body did not respond well to menopur (my lining was very thin and I ended up miscarrying at almost 7-weeks during the previous cycle). This was at Kaiser, so I was not always scheduled to see her, and when another doctor told me I had to try another cycle with menopur first (as per Kaiser protocol), I asked for Dr. Goldstein and she advocated for me. This resulted in my daughter. 2019: Egg retrieval, FET (5-day) - as I described earlier, my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment).
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility .
Dr. Goldstein highly recommended eSET for me for several reasons. My first pregnancy was complicated (my daughter was born preterm and with low birth weight following a rare placental abnormality) and a multiple pregnancy would increase my risk of complications this time around. With the chronic endometritis, we also did not want to transfer both of my viable embryos together, in case the inflammation interfered with implantation, etc. (better to have a second chance than losing them both at once).

7 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein always took care to listen to all of my questions and did everything she could to give me the most information. She has the most calm and gentle bedside manner, but at the same time comes across extremely confident and knowledgeable. I always felt like she prioritized me and my partner's situation - but I'm sure she makes all of her patients feel that way because she is just so sincere!...She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
The nurses here [Reproductive Fertility] are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions...The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own...I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many f
7 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Goldstein is very knowledgeable and thoughtful about her approach to infertility. She really does take each case individually, and takes time to make decisions that she thinks would be best to give you the best results. I always felt like she tried to provide me with the best possible solutions/medications/strategies to help us conceive. I always saw Dr. Goldstein when I came for my appointments, and she even came early at 7:30 am because she knew my work day started so early. She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
Don't look anywhere else - she's an amazing physician who is ALWAYS looking out for you and your best interest.
I remember that for my first IVF cycle, I wasn't taking anything except my usual prenatal pills, folic acid and calcium supplements. For my next cycle, she recommended that I take an additional 4- 5 supplements which she said might produce better follicular counts. In addition, she slightly changed the medications I used from one cycle to the next, again, because she believed they would produce better results for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Kyra Jackson)
The nurses here are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I would recommend this clinic because of Dr. Goldstein alone. She's the best doctor I've ever had, and especially for a such a sensitive and emotional time in my life, I'm so lucky to have found her. The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own.
I don't have the exact figures, but they were running a promotion at the time we first started seeing the clinic. I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many follicles that cycle), it was roughly $30K. Please note: we already had 80% of our medications, so we only had to buy 20%, and that is not included in the $30K figure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
They [Reproductive Fertility] were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen [Goldstein] communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team...The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients..... She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility .
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
West Hollywood

Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems.... I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication.... She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day.... The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.... They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems. But she also didn’t pay attention to where we were at in our allotment of partially covered IUIs. I feel like I wasted time and wasn’t given all the information I needed to make wise decisions. I almost never saw her directly or got to speak with her directly until I refused to speak to anyone but her. She was kind at that point and called me saying she didn’t realize that I felt communication was lacking. And after that cycle failed, I never heard from her again. Despite having one more IUI I could try. I will skip that because I would do anything not to go back. I know she has her own clinic outside of what my insurance covers, but I would never choose her as a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
First, ask for someone else. Second, if you must see her, make sure she communicates all the details. That she explains medications, side effects, what you can expect. Find out how involved she will be and request that you see her. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The kaiser facility makes every patient just a number. You are constantly being shuffled between doctors and there is almost no communication with the doctor in charge of your care.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I don’t think there was a strategy. I think I was always an after thought. They allowed me to start off with unmedicated cycles, but didn’t pay attention to how many had been done that way. I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication. So, I feel like that one was a waste. She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day. The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining. I was then moved to menopur injections which also didn’t seem to have much of an effect. I never knew what was to be expected. How many visits I might have, etc. I truly felt there was no protocol for me specifically.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I never saw the same nurse twice. For the most part they were just neutral. In and out and done. I did have one specific nurse at my very first appointment tell me that I just shouldn’t stress and I would probably get pregnant. This was after handing me a packet that had things you could ask family to do for you which included letting them know that telling you not to stress was not helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my care. Every visit just to the office was about $150. The last IUI with injectables cost about $3,000 all together.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
No IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This clinic is Kaiser at Sunset. They canceled appointments, did not answer phones, did not communicate effectively. They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level....She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. ...We had a lot of miscommunications with our first clinic nurse, because of which, we were given a new nurse. The first nurse lost some paperwork and failed to call us with results of one blood work lab.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility .
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility .
West Hollywood

EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME...I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
THEY [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING...DURING THE LAST CYCLE I DID, NEAR TO THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE LAB GAVE THE WRONG RESULTS FOR AN ESTRADIOL TEST AND THE DOCTORS THOUGHT I OVULATED ON MY OWN SO I HAD TO GO BACK QUICKLY FOR AN IUI, BUT THEY RETESTED AND I DIDN'T OVULATE YET SO THE IUI WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE TEST RESULTS WERE WRONG.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WAS GREAT BUT HER PATIENT LOAD THAT KAISER PUT ON THE FERTILITY DEPARTMENT PREVENTED HER FROM TAKING EXTRA TIME DURING PROCEDURES OR EXAMS TO SPEND EXTRA TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE TOOK EXTRA TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS DURING THE CONSULTATIONS AND TO GO OVER TEST RESULTS.
SHE WILL DO HER BEST TO HELP YOU MEDICALLY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY AS WELL AS BEING HONEST WITH YOU WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE AS WITNESSED WITH MY WIFE'S INFERTILITY.
SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE TEST RESULTS IN DETAIL. SHE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND WAS FRANK ABOUT MY WIFE & I FERTILITY TREATMENTS. FIRST MY AFRICAN AMERICAN WIFE WAS SEEING HER FOUND OUT THAT HER FIBROIDS PREVENTED HER FROM FURTHER TREATMENT. THEN I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME. WE WERE USING DONOR SPERM FROM THE CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK, SOMETIMES IT IS MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH IUI'S USING LIVE SPERM.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THEY WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
TOO MANY PATIENTS, LONG WAIT TIMES. APPOINTMENT TIMES WERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT OBSERVED. YOU WOULD HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 8AM AND NOT BE TAKEN IN TILL 830 AND NOT SEEN FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HR. ALSO THEY HAD SATURDAY HOURS BUT NOT SUNDAY. SO YOUR CYCLE NEEDED TO BE WORKED AROUND SUNDAY CLOSURE AND AVAIL APPOINTMENT TIMES.
EACH CYCLE ENDED UP BEING ABOUT $1450.00. ~ 5 VISITS $40 COPAY, $250 FOR MEDS & $1000 FOR SPERM. SO FOR 5 CYCLES IT WAS APPROX $7250. NOT COUNTING THE TIME OFF WORK AND THE GAS DRIVING TO THE KAISER FACILITY ON SUNSET FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions.... I have already recommended Dr. Goldstein to friends. She was compassionate and professional. We always felt comfortably asking questions and she put our fears at ease. We always felt that no question was dumb and that we could rely on her to do what was best for our infertility case.
Great facility [Reproductive Fertility]. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking....The nursing staff was great overall! They were responsive to questions and compassionate as well.... Total cost including surgery for my husband, medication, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer came out around $20,000.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions. We always received a prompt response from her or her staff.
My husband had to have surgery in order to retrieve sperm. Once that was complete, we had to do an egg retrieval. Medication: 1 Cetrotide 2 300 Gonal F pens (minus 150) 1 900 Gonal F pen 2 Menopur 2 Lupron (trigger shots) Progesterone (vaginal inserts)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Great facility. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking.
Dr. Goldstein wanted to do one embryo transfer because I am young and I did not have the fertility issues. She also said that transferring multiple embryos did not increase the odds of a successful transfer.

2014 - 2018
6 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Goldstein] was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. ... Always willing to accommodate our schedules. ... We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood] was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were. ... We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
2014 - 2018
6 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr.Goldstein was an amazing doctor. She was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing. Always willing to accommodate our schedules.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always available and willing to answer questions.
DR. Goldstein took the times to explain the procedure and made sure we understood what our next steps were.
We started out with injections and we were going to do a fresh transfer, my body didn't react well to the egg retrieval and decided to do a frozen transfer instead. We got pregnant on the first try!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were.
Dr. Goldstein was very conscious of the cost. She was willing research the best prices on medications needed. We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
West Hollywood

First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us...She was very candid and straight forward. She even gave us her personal phone number to reach her at anytime...She was very informative. Her knowledge was very good. She offered us different options. She was very attentive to us. She made sure we were confortable trying treatments. She was very punctual. She made sure we understood everything.
Clinic parking was very expensive [at Reproductive Fertility], however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go...They were always making sure we were ok. And were very caring to making us feel confortable
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Make sure Ellen Golstein Is available thru your treatment.
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Clinic parking was very expensive, however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go,
Ellen Godlstein was very consionsce of the moeny we spent.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient...Her biggest strength is her knowledge, patience and delivery of information to us, there was never a moment we felt she hesitated, or had any doubts with the information she gave us, she always had time for us, and even calm our fears when we had an early pregnancy scare that another office told us we had lost our baby, but there was Dr. Goldstein that reassure us that everything was going well, and fast foward a couple years i have my beautiful daughter thanks to her.
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group's] strengths are its Availability and flexibility...they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process...Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Do not hesitate in choosing her as your Doctor she is everything that a fertility Doctor should be and more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
the clinics strengths are its Availability and flexibility are their strengths, they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process
Reproductive Partners Medical Group
2019 - 2020
Under the care of Dr. Goldstein, I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns - sometimes I would hear from her less than 5 minutes after I sent an email which provided me with so much comfort and reassurance...From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cyc
The clinic is very beautiful, clean, and easily accessible. They are mostly running on time, but sometimes in the mornings, it gets a little bit busy. Everyone I interacted with was nice, warm, and professional.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
When I was told by my OBGYN that I needed to see a fertility specialist, I was pretty heartbroken, upset, and honestly afraid. Dr. Goldstein was the first doctor I decided to meet with and I'm so glad that I did. From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cycle, I was incredibly nervous. But as soon as she walked into the room, I instantly felt calmer and confident in the procedure. I've had nothing but excellent care under the direction of Dr. Goldstein and am thankful that my first experience with a fertility specialist was such a great one!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility .
While I was under the care of a few different nurses at reproductive fertility, they were always very warm and compassionate. My appointments were very easy to schedule and if there was a change, the nursing staff would reach out immediately to let me know.

2020
Doctor Goldstein always worked with us to try and keep our costs low. The entire cycle cost us about $14,000 with medications at about $3,000. It was worth every penny...was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Go
We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure [at Reproductive Gynecology], but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us...For the most part of our cycle, Gunay [nurse] was also there every step of the way...We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
My fiancé and I are very private people. We chose to drive almost 2 hours to and from every appointment to see a female doctor, and Doctor Goldstein was worth every minute. Being that this was our first time going through IVF, my fiancé and I had so many questions and concerns regarding the process. From day 1, doctor Goldstein answered every single one of our million questions and continued to do so throughout our journey. She was very compassionate, yet straight to the point. I loved that she didn’t just tell us of all the positive outcomes, but also kept us in reality with the possible negative outcomes. At one of our appointments, we could tell that doctor was bothered by something although she tried hard not to let it show. Then after our ultrasound, she apologized and explained that it wasn’t a good week for her because one of her patients suffered a miscarriage. She didn’t give any details, but we could see the compassion and care that she has for each of her patients. This made me and my fiancé feel even more comfortable and trusting working with Doctor Goldstein. When we expressed wanting to transfer two embryos, she cautioned us of all the potential risks, but also supported us in our decision. Also, when we were a few days away from our transfer, Covid 19 started interrupting everyone’s cycles. Doctor Goldstein sat us down and explained how all fertility treatments were being strongly advised to be put on hold, but because we were only days away, doctor gave us the choice to move forward, or to pause our cycle. Of course we chose to continue, and she respected our decision. In March, our two embryos were transferred, and now my fiancé and I are so blessed to say that we are currently pregnant with twins. Throughout the entirety of our cycle, I constantly emailed doctor with question after question, and she would answer almost immediately. Even on the weekends. Whenever worries would arise, I would email doctor and she would immediately respond explaining in detail always settling my worries. My fiancé and I were sad when we had to move our prenatal care to Kaiser. We both miss her very much. In all honesty, my fiancé and I wish we could see Doctor Goldstein throughout our entire pregnancy journey.
Trust Doctor Goldstein. She is there for you every step of the way, and goes above and beyond to make sure you understand every step in the process, and also feel comfortable and safe throughout it all.
Doctor Goldstein was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Goldstein is amazing and I will keep sharing that over and over again with everyone I can.
Doctor Goldstein is very particular about her process. That was one of the things that my fiancé and I loved about her. She has been doing this for many years, and knows what works and what doesn’t. Even though every patient is different, she has found a process that works for most. Because our cycle ended up being in the middle of the whole covid pandemic, my fiancé and I asked if we could move our transfer date up just in case the center was shut down. We explained our concerns to doctor, but also let her know that we trust her fully and her decision. She advised us to keep our transfer date so that our estrogen and progesterone cycle would mimic her normal process and the normal process of my body. She did not want to go against what has been working for her and her patients. So we agreed with her, and kept our original transfer date. Now, we are blessed with twins, and can’t wait for our little ones to arrive.
For the most part of our cycle, Gunay was also there every step of the way. She was by Doctor Goldstein’s side until covid required minimal staff. We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
I don’t think I have anything negative to say about the clinic. We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure, but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us. I think the only thing that set the clinic back was the covid pandemic, but that is out of everyone’s control. My fiancé and I will definitely be sharing our doctor and her clinic with everyone we know.
My fiancé and I started the IVF process already wanting to transfer two embryos. When we explained to doctor our wishes, she immediately let us know the risks of twins and multiples during pregnancy. She definitely gave us a lot to think about before our actual transfer, but we ended up going through with the two embryos and doctor Goldstein supported us all the way.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility ?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility .
There was a miscommunication with the person who handled the financial side of things, but as soon as it was brought to Doctor Goldstein’s attention, she had it immediately taken cared of for us.

2020
I went through egg retrieval process [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]...We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later...She explained to us reasons for why she recommended single embryo transfer based on evidence based medicine...is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles...My nurse was efficient and put me at ease during daily blood draws. I was updated on results right away and instructions were given in a clear manner. Great communications from the staff.
$500K+
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
I had such a great experience with Dr. Goldstein. I live in Alaska and we don’t have REI, so we flew down to LA for our IVF. Dr. Goldstein and her staff made this journey so smooth and pain free, coordinating everything perfectly. Dr. Goldstein is very personable, hands on, and detail oriented. She also made me feel comfortable every step of this process despite my high anxiety level after experiencing multiple miscarriages prior to my IVF. The best part is that Dr. Goldstein does natural cycle embryo transfer, so no painful IM injections, which was one of the reasons I was hesitant about IVF initially.
Trust her 100%. She knows what she’s doing and very good at it!
Dr. Goldstein is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
I went through egg retrieval process after giving myself hormone injections and a trigger shot. We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility .
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication.

2019 - 2020
[Reproductive Fertility's] waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood...All the staff at Reproductive Fertility have always been polite, nice, and seemingly hard working every time we’ve been in. When you’re going through a hard, heart-wrenching process, like fertility care, everyone around you matters because your feelings are fragile for so many reasons. I appreciated all of Dr. Goldstein’s staff.
$500K+
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Doctor Ellen Goldstein has been truly a blessing for me and my husband. She really stands out as a gem in her field with her level of knowledge and education. It is shocking how many fertility specialists out there are filled with misinformation and/or old & outdated medical advice. She truly saved us from wasting needless time, energy and money on things unnecessary, while at the same time, being sure to cover all our bases and giving us the best chance possible for a successful pregnancy. To give you an idea of how much we trust only Dr. Goldstein with our fertility... she was out of network for us (with our health insurance) and we still went to her because we wanted the best, and now we know we absolutely made the right decision. In addition to Dr. Goldstein’s great work as a fertility doctor with her knowledge and compassion, she is also extremely attentive. She answered all my (millions of) emails very promptly and called me immediately when needed. I am now in my second trimester of a healthy pregnancy and my husband and I have Doctor Ellen Goldstein to thank for it! It was even bittersweet “graduating” from Dr. Goldstein to my new OB/GYN recently. I swear we truly miss her. When it’s time for baby number two, we will definitely be seeing her again.
Be open and communicate everything with Doctor Goldstein
Dr. Goldstein manages to find the perfect balance of being informative, but also very compassionate simultaneously, which is oh so critical in her line of work, but surprisingly hard to come by. When going through all the ups and downs of fertility assistance, I promise you, you need someone like Dr. Goldstein with her level of sympathy, kindness, compassion, and very importantly, knowledge.
My husband had low morphology, so typically IVF is recommend to get pregnant, but in our specific case, Dr. Goldstein believed we still had a good chance trying IUIs first. And she was right... Given my good/average egg count at 32 years old, and not having any issues, also my husband had mild male factor infertility (not severe). We did two rounds of IUIs, both resulted in chemical pregnancies and were lost. We followed up with doing a saline ultrasound on my uterus which showed there was something that needed to be removed - we believe this may have been the reason for my two miscarriages - so we did a hysteroscopy surgery to “clean out” my uterus. The month following the hysteroscopy we did another IUI which resulted in a successful, and current, healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
The clinic’s waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood.
Dr. Goldstein was out of network for us, but we chose to go to her regardless. We were constantly made aware of costs beforehand.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent...We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Kira [nurse at Reproductive Fertility] was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process...IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas)...First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together...Proximal Tubal Blockage. Medicated IUI. We went medium-aggressive with medication because we wanted to make sure I would ovulate from open tube. Took 100mg of clomid cd4-cd8. Came in on cd11 for follicle and lining scan. Had 3 follicles. 2 from open tube. Triggered that night with ovidrel. Timed intercourse directions were also given. Iui scheduled for 40hrs later. Beta on 14dpiui.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
She was good. We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Not sure. Everyone is so different. Maybe don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you want to ask until you are sure about the procedure you’ll do.
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent. Clinic was clean and professional during Covid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Kira)
Kira was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
It was an interesting time because it’s Covid so lots of the usual stuff isn’t there. You check in at the front for temp checks. Then go inside for your usual visit. Always wore mask. Couldn’t have my husband at pregnancy scans, but it’s okay. I was still able to record and show him the US scans later.
IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas) Clomid - out of pocket was $36 Ovidrel - $110 First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together.

4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
She is empathetic. Her protocols are individualized. She respected my time. She communicated promptly. She has a sense of humor....Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic... She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable.
Parking is tough. The staff [Reproductive Fertility] is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money...The nursing staff was very good and mindful of my needle phobia. They were also very accommodating to my children who had to come with me to visits...[costs] within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility ?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic. She was my first dr in Los Angeles, but my third through this process. She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable. The result of the IVF was also successful, and my cycle with Dr. Goldstein yielded more PGD normal blasts than my cycle five years before.
Expect early appointments.
I’m unable to go into specifics without digging through my notes, but we canceled my first cycle with Follistim to switch to Menopur. The cycle went a bit longer than I expected, but the results were well beyond my expectations at 40 years old. My IVF at 35 produced to normal blasts. With Ellen, five years later, I had three.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility . (Assigned nurse: Xochitl)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility .
Parking is tough. The staff is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money.
I can’t remmber exactly, but within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
We froze for future surrogacy.