9.9

10390 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-855-3688

2021, Unknown Success
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator [at Reproductive Fertility] told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed...There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My experience with Dr Goldstein as an IUI patient for four cycles was very pleasant. She explained all options and potential outcomes very clearly and helped us manage expectations. After my 4th unsuccessful IUI cycle, she reached out to see how things were going since I hadn’t booked another one, and the concern seemed genuine. I’ve since become pregnant naturally (I’m at 9 weeks and I became pregnant two cycles after my last IUI).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Ask as many questions as possible, no matter how off-the-walk they seem to you or if you feel you may come off uneducated. Dr. Goldstein will answer any and all questions with zero ego and a full intention to inform you of all details involved with your fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein had lovely bedside manner during all 4 IUI treatments we did with her. She also made sure to always personally follow up with me which made me feel very cared for.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
Since my insurance covers nothing fertility-related, my partner and I could only afford to try IUI, not IVF. So we did 4 cycles. Each cycle was accompanied by a timed trigger shot and fertility meds (Clomid three times and Letrozole once because Clomid gave me headaches and hot flashes).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zinnia)
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed seeing her because she has a pleasant and upbeat attitude which is nice in an environment like that.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Everyone there is extremely kind and attentive. The environment is clean and comfortable. There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday because they wanted to make sure they got the timing right.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
I believe each round of IUI was roughly $1,300 out of pocket since I have no insurance coverage for fertility visits. There was also a fee of roughly $100 for blood testing.

2021, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients...We felt that Dr. Ellen Goldstein was invested in our journey through her listening and her actions. She always made the time to explain and respond to every concern or complaint my husband and I had. She was also proactive in reaching out and frequently checking in on how we were going...
The clinic staff [at Reproductive Fertility] are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of...Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy...there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients. Our previous experience with other fertility doctors, is that they have kept themselves partially detached, which made the process harder for us, as it was hard for us to tell if our concerns were being taken seriously. As such, having a doctor that gave part of themselves meant a lot.
Make sure that Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person are on the same page. While we eventually got the correct information, there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
First FET: Endometrin suppositories starting 3 days prior to transfer - unsuccessful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein decided to start with a blank slate and follow my natural cycle using day 5 embryos. My previous transfers (4 unsuccessful day 3 embryos) were performed in Australia, with no success. Second FET: Estrace 2mg starting 2 weeks prior to transfer + Progesterone 100mg/mL IM starting 6 days prior to transfer - both continued for 10 weeks - successful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein's rationale was we should take a more controlled approach this time given the result of the previous cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy, at times at such short notice, which I truly appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic staff are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of.
$7200 IVF freeze + PGS
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
West Hollywood

The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is adequate...The rooms could use a deep cleaning or more regular cleaning because I noticed the floors were really dingy. At times, the front desk person was cold and terse...My nurse wasn't always the most clear in her communication, considering I'm a patient completely new to the process. There seems to be a lack of hand holding that didn't always make me feel at ease about knowing what next steps to anticipate.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein always had our best interest in mind. My husband and I never felt upsold or taken advantage of. She always presented medical advice that we agreed with and trusted her. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. She never failed to display empathy and never said anything insensitive. I'm glad I was in her care during my first IVF experience.
She always tells you the pros and cons of the situation or a decision. I advise trusting her opinion because she's truly an expert and knows what she's talking about.
Dr. Goldstein was always accessible via email or a phone call. She always personally delivered information in person or on a phone call, never via email or generic response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is adequate. Some of the nurses were not wearing the masks properly during peak Covid, and did not make me feel safe being in close proximity when my blood was drawn. The rooms could use a deep cleaning or more regular cleaning because I noticed the floors were really dingy. At times, the front desk person was cold and terse. But more recently, I think they rotated to a different person who was more approachable when I had questions.
Egg retrieval and meds for that was covered. Embryo transfer was $4850, before medication cost. 4 vials of progesterone totaled $200, which lasts about 2-ish weeks.
West Hollywood

Under the care of Dr. Goldstein, I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns - sometimes I would hear from her less than 5 minutes after I sent an email which provided me with so much comfort and reassurance...From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cyc
The clinic is very beautiful, clean, and easily accessible. They are mostly running on time, but sometimes in the mornings, it gets a little bit busy. Everyone I interacted with was nice, warm, and professional.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
When I was told by my OBGYN that I needed to see a fertility specialist, I was pretty heartbroken, upset, and honestly afraid. Dr. Goldstein was the first doctor I decided to meet with and I'm so glad that I did. From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cycle, I was incredibly nervous. But as soon as she walked into the room, I instantly felt calmer and confident in the procedure. I've had nothing but excellent care under the direction of Dr. Goldstein and am thankful that my first experience with a fertility specialist was such a great one!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
While I was under the care of a few different nurses at reproductive fertility, they were always very warm and compassionate. My appointments were very easy to schedule and if there was a change, the nursing staff would reach out immediately to let me know.
West Hollywood

Doctor Goldstein always worked with us to try and keep our costs low. The entire cycle cost us about $14,000 with medications at about $3,000. It was worth every penny...was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Go
We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure [at Reproductive Gynecology], but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us...For the most part of our cycle, Gunay [nurse] was also there every step of the way...We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My fiancé and I are very private people. We chose to drive almost 2 hours to and from every appointment to see a female doctor, and Doctor Goldstein was worth every minute. Being that this was our first time going through IVF, my fiancé and I had so many questions and concerns regarding the process. From day 1, doctor Goldstein answered every single one of our million questions and continued to do so throughout our journey. She was very compassionate, yet straight to the point. I loved that she didn’t just tell us of all the positive outcomes, but also kept us in reality with the possible negative outcomes. At one of our appointments, we could tell that doctor was bothered by something although she tried hard not to let it show. Then after our ultrasound, she apologized and explained that it wasn’t a good week for her because one of her patients suffered a miscarriage. She didn’t give any details, but we could see the compassion and care that she has for each of her patients. This made me and my fiancé feel even more comfortable and trusting working with Doctor Goldstein. When we expressed wanting to transfer two embryos, she cautioned us of all the potential risks, but also supported us in our decision. Also, when we were a few days away from our transfer, Covid 19 started interrupting everyone’s cycles. Doctor Goldstein sat us down and explained how all fertility treatments were being strongly advised to be put on hold, but because we were only days away, doctor gave us the choice to move forward, or to pause our cycle. Of course we chose to continue, and she respected our decision. In March, our two embryos were transferred, and now my fiancé and I are so blessed to say that we are currently pregnant with twins. Throughout the entirety of our cycle, I constantly emailed doctor with question after question, and she would answer almost immediately. Even on the weekends. Whenever worries would arise, I would email doctor and she would immediately respond explaining in detail always settling my worries. My fiancé and I were sad when we had to move our prenatal care to Kaiser. We both miss her very much. In all honesty, my fiancé and I wish we could see Doctor Goldstein throughout our entire pregnancy journey.
Trust Doctor Goldstein. She is there for you every step of the way, and goes above and beyond to make sure you understand every step in the process, and also feel comfortable and safe throughout it all.
Doctor Goldstein was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Goldstein is amazing and I will keep sharing that over and over again with everyone I can.
Doctor Goldstein is very particular about her process. That was one of the things that my fiancé and I loved about her. She has been doing this for many years, and knows what works and what doesn’t. Even though every patient is different, she has found a process that works for most. Because our cycle ended up being in the middle of the whole covid pandemic, my fiancé and I asked if we could move our transfer date up just in case the center was shut down. We explained our concerns to doctor, but also let her know that we trust her fully and her decision. She advised us to keep our transfer date so that our estrogen and progesterone cycle would mimic her normal process and the normal process of my body. She did not want to go against what has been working for her and her patients. So we agreed with her, and kept our original transfer date. Now, we are blessed with twins, and can’t wait for our little ones to arrive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
For the most part of our cycle, Gunay was also there every step of the way. She was by Doctor Goldstein’s side until covid required minimal staff. We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I don’t think I have anything negative to say about the clinic. We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure, but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us. I think the only thing that set the clinic back was the covid pandemic, but that is out of everyone’s control. My fiancé and I will definitely be sharing our doctor and her clinic with everyone we know.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
My fiancé and I started the IVF process already wanting to transfer two embryos. When we explained to doctor our wishes, she immediately let us know the risks of twins and multiples during pregnancy. She definitely gave us a lot to think about before our actual transfer, but we ended up going through with the two embryos and doctor Goldstein supported us all the way.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
There was a miscommunication with the person who handled the financial side of things, but as soon as it was brought to Doctor Goldstein’s attention, she had it immediately taken cared of for us.
West Hollywood

I went through egg retrieval process [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]...We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later...She explained to us reasons for why she recommended single embryo transfer based on evidence based medicine...is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles...My nurse was efficient and put me at ease during daily blood draws. I was updated on results right away and instructions were given in a clear manner. Great communications from the staff.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I had such a great experience with Dr. Goldstein. I live in Alaska and we don’t have REI, so we flew down to LA for our IVF. Dr. Goldstein and her staff made this journey so smooth and pain free, coordinating everything perfectly. Dr. Goldstein is very personable, hands on, and detail oriented. She also made me feel comfortable every step of this process despite my high anxiety level after experiencing multiple miscarriages prior to my IVF. The best part is that Dr. Goldstein does natural cycle embryo transfer, so no painful IM injections, which was one of the reasons I was hesitant about IVF initially.
Trust her 100%. She knows what she’s doing and very good at it!
Dr. Goldstein is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
I went through egg retrieval process after giving myself hormone injections and a trigger shot. We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication.
West Hollywood
After stims, she [Dr. Goldstein] noticed that I wasn't producing as well as she anticipated. There were, I think, two follicles that were decent. So, she went over our options. Go with an IUI and start a new IVF cycle in the event the IUI didn't work, or proceed with the IVF cycle and roll the dice. She detailed our options, and we actually decided the roll the dice with the IVF cycle, because IUIs didn't work for us in the past. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve 9 eggs, and we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. We did a natural cycle transfer, and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.
I always felt listened to and taken care of [at Reproductive Fertility]...Tasha is an excellent nurse. She's kind, patient, and takes the time to help you understand your medications...They're all very quick to respond to calls and e-mails. They also were very accommodating when it came to blood draws. I live over an hour from the clinic, and to drive over 2 hours for just a draw is kind of a pain, so Tasha was able to create a request for me so that I can test more locally. This was a lifesaver. They're very efficient and accommodating.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
One of the things that stuck out to me about Dr. Goldstein is her balance of being frank yet gentle. We actually met her through the Maven app so we can get some questions answered about SART. It turned out that she was actually located near us, so we decided to schedule a consultation with her right away. At this point, we've connected with over 5 clinics. Many of them went through a series of questions to understand our issues, and a lot of them actually had similar suggestions for our situation: ERA, hormonal testing to see if I'm regular, thyroid testing, laparoscopy, etcetera. But because my records didn't show anything except unexplained fertility, she didn't want me to go through a series of invasive testing unless necessary, especially since I already had one successful pregnancy from a previous IVF cycle with another doctor. Instead, she offered to treat me like a clean slate and troubleshoot from there. It felt reassuring. She also offered a "natural" transfer, which involved no hormonal suppression and instead a transfer was made based on my natural cycle. After being so used to so many shots and drugs, I was nervous, but very excited about the idea. Unlike other experiences I've had, it really felt like Dr. Goldstein wanted to tailor a specific course of treatment based on my needs instead of offering a "standard protocol" that would be offered for every Jane Doe with unexplained fertility. Dr. Goldstein is smart, confident and compassionate making it very easy to trust her. And I'm so glad my husband and I met her through the app and chose her. She is hands down the best fertility doctor I've worked with.
If you were anything like me and looked at SART, culled the web for reviews, asked fertility consultants and coaches, interviewed friends and family, and maybe even looked at possible PR because you're crazy like me, you might want to just stop. Then, schedule an appointment with her. Seriously. You'll stop your crazy search. It's easy to trust her, feel at ease, and know you're in the best of care.
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to explain your options and creates a space for open discussion. She took the time to talk about my test results, my medication, and my options. I even saw her at every single appointment, which is very different from my other fertility clinic experiences. You can tell she values you as a person and truly cares about your outcome.
I started off with birth control to start a cycle, but then had a cyst, which postponed the cycle. So, we ditched the birth control and waited for a period naturally to see if the cyst would go away. It did, but then my ovaries weren't showing as much activity as other times, so we postponed it. I think after another month we proceeded with stims. After stims, she noticed that I wasn't producing as well as she anticipated. There were, I think, two follicles that were decent. So, she went over our options. Go with an IUI and start a new IVF cycle in the event the IUI didn't work, or proceed with the IVF cycle and roll the dice. She detailed our options, and we actually decided the roll the dice with the IVF cycle, because IUIs didn't work for us in the past. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve 9 eggs, and we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. We did a natural cycle transfer, and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha Carmack)
Tasha is an excellent nurse. She's kind, patient, and takes the time to help you understand your medications. She communicates well and responds quickly. I always felt listened to and taken care of.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
We had insurance that covered a good amount of our drugs and treatment... so it will be different for everyone. Drugs were $530 Treatment: $12,500 (included blood draws, ultrasounds, IVF cycle, egg retrieval, ICSI, genetic screening, and transfer)
West Hollywood
[Reproductive Fertility's] waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood...All the staff at Reproductive Fertility have always been polite, nice, and seemingly hard working every time we’ve been in. When you’re going through a hard, heart-wrenching process, like fertility care, everyone around you matters because your feelings are fragile for so many reasons. I appreciated all of Dr. Goldstein’s staff.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Doctor Ellen Goldstein has been truly a blessing for me and my husband. She really stands out as a gem in her field with her level of knowledge and education. It is shocking how many fertility specialists out there are filled with misinformation and/or old & outdated medical advice. She truly saved us from wasting needless time, energy and money on things unnecessary, while at the same time, being sure to cover all our bases and giving us the best chance possible for a successful pregnancy. To give you an idea of how much we trust only Dr. Goldstein with our fertility... she was out of network for us (with our health insurance) and we still went to her because we wanted the best, and now we know we absolutely made the right decision. In addition to Dr. Goldstein’s great work as a fertility doctor with her knowledge and compassion, she is also extremely attentive. She answered all my (millions of) emails very promptly and called me immediately when needed. I am now in my second trimester of a healthy pregnancy and my husband and I have Doctor Ellen Goldstein to thank for it! It was even bittersweet “graduating” from Dr. Goldstein to my new OB/GYN recently. I swear we truly miss her. When it’s time for baby number two, we will definitely be seeing her again.
Be open and communicate everything with Doctor Goldstein
Dr. Goldstein manages to find the perfect balance of being informative, but also very compassionate simultaneously, which is oh so critical in her line of work, but surprisingly hard to come by. When going through all the ups and downs of fertility assistance, I promise you, you need someone like Dr. Goldstein with her level of sympathy, kindness, compassion, and very importantly, knowledge.
My husband had low morphology, so typically IVF is recommend to get pregnant, but in our specific case, Dr. Goldstein believed we still had a good chance trying IUIs first. And she was right... Given my good/average egg count at 32 years old, and not having any issues, also my husband had mild male factor infertility (not severe). We did two rounds of IUIs, both resulted in chemical pregnancies and were lost. We followed up with doing a saline ultrasound on my uterus which showed there was something that needed to be removed - we believe this may have been the reason for my two miscarriages - so we did a hysteroscopy surgery to “clean out” my uterus. The month following the hysteroscopy we did another IUI which resulted in a successful, and current, healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic’s waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood.
Dr. Goldstein was out of network for us, but we chose to go to her regardless. We were constantly made aware of costs beforehand.
West Hollywood
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent...We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Kira [nurse at Reproductive Fertility] was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process...IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas)...First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together...Proximal Tubal Blockage. Medicated IUI. We went medium-aggressive with medication because we wanted to make sure I would ovulate from open tube. Took 100mg of clomid cd4-cd8. Came in on cd11 for follicle and lining scan. Had 3 follicles. 2 from open tube. Triggered that night with ovidrel. Timed intercourse directions were also given. Iui scheduled for 40hrs later. Beta on 14dpiui.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
She was good. We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Not sure. Everyone is so different. Maybe don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you want to ask until you are sure about the procedure you’ll do.
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent. Clinic was clean and professional during Covid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kira)
Kira was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
It was an interesting time because it’s Covid so lots of the usual stuff isn’t there. You check in at the front for temp checks. Then go inside for your usual visit. Always wore mask. Couldn’t have my husband at pregnancy scans, but it’s okay. I was still able to record and show him the US scans later.
IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas) Clomid - out of pocket was $36 Ovidrel - $110 First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together.
West Hollywood

She is empathetic. Her protocols are individualized. She respected my time. She communicated promptly. She has a sense of humor....Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic... She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable.
Parking is tough. The staff [Reproductive Fertility] is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money...The nursing staff was very good and mindful of my needle phobia. They were also very accommodating to my children who had to come with me to visits...[costs] within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic. She was my first dr in Los Angeles, but my third through this process. She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable. The result of the IVF was also successful, and my cycle with Dr. Goldstein yielded more PGD normal blasts than my cycle five years before.
Expect early appointments.
I’m unable to go into specifics without digging through my notes, but we canceled my first cycle with Follistim to switch to Menopur. The cycle went a bit longer than I expected, but the results were well beyond my expectations at 40 years old. My IVF at 35 produced to normal blasts. With Ellen, five years later, I had three.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Xochitl)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Parking is tough. The staff is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money.
I can’t remmber exactly, but within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
We froze for future surrogacy.
Burbank (closed)

2018 - 2021, Successful
She’s [Dr. Goldstein is] kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
They [Reproductive Fertility Center] are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available...appointments never felt rushed and she [Dr. Goldstein] always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldstein is the best. I can’t recommend her more. She’s kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns. She truly cares about her patients. When we got pregnant, she was just as excited as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to call her and make an appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She was kind, empathic, and sensitive to our needs.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available.
Reproductive Fertility Center
Los Angeles
Dr. Goldstein is amazing. I cannot say enough. Her care was beyond expectations. She went into great detail to resolve my case. She modified treatment specific to me. I trusted her completely with every step because she showed such care and compassion...She is always available to answer questions. I drove two hours, each way, to see Dr. Goldstein. Her care was absolutely worth it.
It is easy to get in touch with someone. They communicate information clearly. Things that can be complex and difficult to understand were easily explained. Everyone was very helpful and takes the time to help with your needs...She is always available to answer questions. I drove two hours, each way, to see Dr. Goldstein. Her care was absolutely worth it.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is prompt and focused on you each and every appointment. She is always available to answer questions. I drove two hours, each way, to see Dr. Goldstein. Her care was absolutely worth it.
Have her as your doctor.