5.6

540 Village Walk Ln
Johnson Creek, WI 53038
866.258.8467

2019 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Hayes is always upfront in a delicate way. We have had some bad news on our journey to parenthood and Dr. Hayes has always been able to be realistic with us and also give us some hope by trying new protocols and using new technology for each cycle. She was open when I brought up things I wanted to try and always gave us the option to try it if we wanted...
Vios Milwaukee is a beautiful office in an accessible location. They use the most up to date technology. Since there are multiple locations in different states, the doctors are able to meet and discuss the hard cases and new techniques. The only con is you have to travel down to the Chicago location for any surgery type procedures...They [nurses] are all very compassionate and respond to my portal messages in a timely matter...
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Vios Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at Vios Fertility Institute?
She knows what she is talking about. She does a lot of research and meets with other Vios doctors often to discuss certain cases. She leaves no stone unturned. She wants us to get pregnant just as much as we do. She is invested in our success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at Vios Fertility Institute?
I feel like Dr. Hayes cares about me and my husband on personal level. She is always looking into new treatments and techniques to help us achieve a pregnancy. I have PCOS and poor egg quality, so getting viable embryos for us is difficult and she hasn't given up on us.
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
As I mentioned, I have PCOS and poor egg quality, so we have tried many different treatments and protocols. -Duostim (luteal phase stimulation), Vios recently started doing duostim and have had some early success. We got more eggs, better fertilization, but similar embryo results (2). -IVM (in-vitro maturation), a newer technique used to mature immature eggs outside of the body (these eggs would normally be discarded). We had 7 immature eggs, 6 were matured with IVM, 6 were successfully fertilized (great results for us), but sadly none of the 6 made it to blast (2 were close). -Violet/Magenta (egg quality test), this is also new technology that evaluates egg quality by using photos, we confirmed that my egg quality was poor using this. -RPL Panel (recurrent pregnancy loss), we did this test after my second transfer and I tested negative for everything. -We've done other testing as well. Dr. Hayes really leaves no stone unturned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
The nurses at Vios are great. Lindsay is typically the nurse that works with me, but I have also worked with Kelsey and Molly. They are all very compassionate and respond to my portal messages in a timely matter.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Vios Fertility Institute.
I was typically always able to schedule monitor appointments early in the morning before work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at Vios Fertility Institute.
$16,000-$20,000 per IVF cycle with meds and additional testing. Our insurance only covered some of the diagnostics. I believe the IUI was $1,500 plus meds.
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
Dr. Hayes typically recommends transferring one embryo if it is PGT normal. We transferred one PGT normal embryo with our first transfer and it did not implant. She did allow me to transfer 2 embryos with our second transfer after listening to my reasoning. We transferred a PGT normal embryo with an undetermined embryo for our second transfer, one implanted, but was a blighted ovum and resulted in a miscarriage.
Milwaukee

Ellen Hayes was very descriptive about what she wanted to do and achieve. But she also made it sound like certain things worked for other patients so it should work for me. I felt to compared to everyone else. She did however confirm my suspicions that my egg quality was not the greatest...The embryos that did make it to day 5 were not graded the best so they would not transfer them even though i wanted to.
They [Aurora - West Allis] do everything in the clinic and it is welcoming. They should have more weekend hours for when someones cycle starts on the weekend or a Friday. Otherwise they are closed on the weekend....The costs were pretty standard. The one thing i liked was that they offered a payment plan for those who were paying out of pocket ...It just seemed like I was being treated like every other patient. when everyone has different circumstances and outcomes.
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Make sure that you are taking the right dose of medications for your cycle. Make sure she understands your worries.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at Aurora Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I don't remember the exact protocol but i was on 450iu of Gonal-g and 150 of Menopur. I was also on Omnitrope and triggered with HCG. The results were still poor egg quality even though on Omnitrope. The embryos that did make it to day 5 were not graded the best so they would not transfer them even though i wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aurora Fertility Services.
They were very good at calling back in a timely manner. But they sometimes got their info confused with a cancelled cycle and which doctor changed things.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
They do everything in the clinic and it is welcoming. They should have more weekend hours for when someones cycle starts on the weekend or a Friday. Otherwise they are closed on the weekend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aurora Fertility Services.
I did not transfer any but she aimed more towards a single transfer to help with the risk of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
I had conflicting information about medication dosages due to the fact that they misplaced the notes the doctor gave them or looked at the wrong paper from a different cycle that was cancelled.
West Allis

She [Dr. Hayes] was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with...She wasn't familiar with the different stages of my care. If I ever wanted her imvolved in my care, I had to pay a special fee of over $100... The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Curt and disorganized, but they [nurses] run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy....Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come....
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was impersonal, lacked compassion, inaccessible, exaggerated success rates, and was inflexible when I wanted to alter my care base on initial outcomes and response to medication. She is the worst doctor I've ever worked with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't waste your time or money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols Ellen Hayes used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
CCRM puts you on a standard protocol depending on your labs. The protocol is not individualized or altered based on your unique response to meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Curt and disorganized, but they run the show. I was assigned a coordinator,but I only talked with her a few times. I mostly interacted with a random team of nurses - none of whom seemed to like her job. They were so incredibley rude and unhappy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Worst. Experience. Ever. Can't think of one single positive thing associated with this clinic. Working with them was a nightmare and an experience I'll regret for years to come. I think my doctor ended up getting fired or quitting. She was there less than a year.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Hayes at CCRM Minneapolis.
Slightly more expensive than other MN clinics. Tried to "sell" certain things that once you agreed to them, you weren't allowed to cancel (genetic testing)
Describe Ellen Hayes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM will not do multiple embryo transfers.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis?
CCRM Minneapolis
Edina
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Hayes [at Aurora - West Allis] has been very kind, straightforward, and understanding. She is knowledgeable and makes sure that all questions are answered....The nursing staff at Dr. Hayes office is amazing. All the ladies there are so kind, friendly and approachable. About $1,300 for an IUI. Includes ultrasounds and washing the semen. Does not include the price for medication. Fermara- $13.00 and Trigger Shot and Progesterone: $130.00
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Dr. Hayes has been very kind, straightforward, and understanding. She is knowledgeable and makes sure that all questions are answered.
Be pro-active. If something doesn't seem or feel right, speak up.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.
Describe your experience with Aurora Fertility Services.
Clean, organized and not crowded.

2014 - 2016, Successful
She [Dr Hayes] is kind and her staff know you, and show empathy during every interaction....She is not overly talkative but is kind and gives all details necessary. She has a way of explaining in detail what you need to know, but not over doing it....[The nurses at Aurora] They make this clinic what it is. They are knowledgable, kind, compassionate, detailed and available and timely. I cannot say enough about them! They have held me while in tears!
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Come to every appointment with your list of questions and they will get answered.
She is kind and her staff know you, and show empathy during every interaction.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aurora Fertility Services.

2012, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Hayes] seemed too busy to help. Was not told endometriosis was found. Was told MTHFR mutation "isn't an issue" despite a family history of miscarriages and studies that show otherwise.
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Aurora Fertility Services?
Seemed too busy to help. Didn't explain that she found endometriosis.
Ask for copies of your files. She at forget to tell you something important
50 chlomid for cycle 1 100 of chlomid with iui cycle 2 75iu follistim with trigger and iui cycle 3 Same cycle 4,5.
I've not heard of more expensive than this $5000 for iui
What specific things went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aurora Fertility Services.
West Allis

I liked her [Dr. Ellen Hayes] as a doctor, but the clinic was wrong for me. I cried a lot in when I was undergoing treatment and she was understanding, but they didn't want to do the treatments I wanted...very warm and compassionate, she's the reason I eventually got diagnosed with Endo...I would only recommend her if she left the clinic.
The clinic [VIOS Fertility Institute] is out to make money, you are a paycheck end of story, it's very plush but I felt like they preyed on desperate people. I wouldn't recommend them. They also sorta falsely represented their location in Johnson Creek...They [nursing staff] were unmemorable... it was expensive almost twice other clinics...I would only recommend her [Dr. Hayes] if she left the clinic.
How was your experience with Ellen Hayes at Vios Fertility Institute?
I liked her as a doctor, but the clinic was wrong for me. I cried a lot in when I was undergoing treatment and she was understanding, but they didn't want to do the treatments I wanted, which was ovulation drugs, and it was expensive almost twice other clinics
I would only recommend her if she left the clinic.
She's very warm and compassionate, she's the reason I eventually got diagnosed with Endo, but you feel like you are a paycheck for the clinic
IUI with letrazole, two rounds of Letrazole with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Vios Fertility Institute.
They were unmemorable.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic is out to make money, you are a paycheck end of story, it's very plush but I felt like they preyed on desperate people. I wouldn't recommend them. They also sorta falsely represented their location in Johnson Creek.
$1500 for IUI $350 for one ultrasound and timed intercourse.
Johnson Creek