Available by cell phone
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Emelia Bachman to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully...I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
She strongly believes in SET
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I came to see Emelia Bachman after another doctor within the practice left. Dr Bachman is honest, caring and thorough. I value her opinion and truly believe she wants our family to have more children. When I first met Dr Bachman I was suppose to have surgery with the previous doctor, but due to him leaving I rescheduled with Dr Bachman. She discussed risks, benefits and possible outcomes of my diagnostic laparoscopy (previously I had a fimbrioplasty with another fertility specialist and wanted to see if my tube condition was still good). I feel grateful to have met Dr Bachman and I feel that when I finally get pregnant it will be because of her loving, caring and thorough approach.
The best advice is to write down any questions you have before your visit. The reasoning is because it’s very emotional experiencing infertility and sometimes we patients get lost in our emotions and forget to ask pertinent questions.
Dr Bachman made me feel like I have known her forever. I genuinely feel that she wants to see me and my husband have another child. Her role is not without empathy, compassion and caring. She is trying to change the lives of her clients for the better. She loves her job and it’s obvious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari)
My care coordinator Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I have been to 2 fertility specialist in Delaware and of the 2 offices, Dr Bachmans office makes me feel like a person and not a number. The Reproductive Associates of Delaware genuinely care about you and your family goals.
The costs under Dr Bachmans office were more reasonable than other offices in my area.

Other, Unexplained
Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns... She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up.
Other, Unexplained
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
Wilmington

She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand...Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed.
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in.
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We [Dr. Emelia Bachman] started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000
Newark

Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome...The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.

2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed...Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too...
2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Bachman is very knowledgeable and a true professional. She always made time to see us or talk to us on the phone (even nights and weekends). She was very thorough in her explanations and with what we needed to do to be successful. My wife had endometriosis (stage 2) discovered half way through our treatment. I wish it had been diagnosed prior to 2 of our transfers (may have helped our odds of getting pregnant) .
To ask many questions and be very clear with what you want. There are many different paths to take for infertility. I would suggest doing as much research you can ahead of time before seeing the doctor.
I felt that my wife and I were treated with the highest regard and care.
We did IUI (2) times with no success. We then did (4) rounds of IVF with genetic testing of the embryos. My wife has less than average egg quality and we wanted to get as many healthy embryos as we could for transfer.
They were all very friendly and eager to help. Some of the nurses, however, were not proficient in taking blood. They could not find my wife's arm vein and had to use her hand from time to time (very unpleasant for my wife).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The facilities are very clean and organized. The recovery room after egg retrieval could really use some updating so it does not feel like a hospital. The equipment is new and sophisticated. The location is also easy to get to in northern Delaware.
Up to this point, we've spent approximately $35,000
Reproductive Associates of Delaware prefer to do single embryo transfers. They say that multiple embryo transfers don't really increase the chance of pregnancy. Our 3rd transfer was with an egg that had already hatched. My wife and I may have pushed for implanting the 3rd and 4th egg simultaneously in that case (instead we did a single with a failed pregnancy).

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Bachman is wonderful, friendly and helpful. She has the biggest heart I have ever seen with a DR. She was so sweet from day one and even after we had our baby. She is always so friendly and willing to answer any questions that you have or any give you advise. She made you feel relaxed and like you mattered to her. She was very nice whenever I reached out to her for help or support..... Dr Bachman is very nice and helpful. However, in the RAD office, you get an appointment and see whatever nurse, dr or tech that is there. You don't just see the Dr for your treatment start to finish.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Be ready to feel the love and support of Dr. Bachman.
I took hormone shots for 8 weeks leading up to the transfer. Then I took them until the 2 weeks pregnancy test. After it was positive, I continued to take the medication until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
They were very nice. However, I did feel like they were just doing their job. There was no connection at all between you and them. You were just another chart that they looked at and a patient that they treated. The acted programed. This is your next step and send you out the door.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.
It cost me $28K for the cycle plus extra testing and services.
She would only transfer 1 embryo at a time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bachman explained everything in enormous detail, making me feel safe and secure regarding my upcoming surgery. She laid out a plan and was extremely thorough and compassionate. I would recommend her to my family and closest friends...Her energy is amazing...We started with diagnostic tests and imaging. After finding multiple polyps and potential endometriosis, Dr. Bachman had me set up for surgery. After the surgery (depending on what is seen) she will decide whether IUI or IVF is the best route for me.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Be ready to love her! Her energy is amazing.
Dr. Bachman truly cares about my well being and my ability to be able to conceive.
We started with diagnostic tests and imaging. After finding multiple polyps and potential endometriosis, Dr. Bachman had me set up for surgery. After the surgery (depending on what is seen) she will decide whether IUI or IVF is the best route for me. Being only 31, I shouldn’t have to worry about infertility, but she assured me that everything will be worth it in the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Lyndsay Bingnear)
I started with Reproductive Associates because Nurse Bingnear was a NP at the facility. She is brilliant, caring, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I don’t think the receptionist and billing staff are as compassionate and friendly as the doctor staff. The billing staff treats patient’s as monetary value, not as actually humans. The receptionists don’t seem to really care about their patients at the Wilmington office.
$1,300. Bloodwork. Ultrasound. Sono.

PCOS, Other
[Dr. Emelia Bachman is] Very personable and there to listen...went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay... My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment...After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds.
PCOS, Other
Dr Bachman was very personable, there to listen, and went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay.
Very personable and there to listen
After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds. Dr Bachman had us come in and discuss next steps. My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment
The staff is always punctual and there to listen. They explain everything and answer whatever questions you may have
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
None. This clinic is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work
After insurance I pay 20% of all services

IUI, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Emelia Bachman has] Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member...Dr Bachman was very professional but compassionate. She listened to your concerns and answer all questions. She was available anytime to address your concerns or hold your hand as you walk thru the process of IVF...IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
IUI, Donor Sperm
You will be in great hands.
Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member.
IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
Everyone was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Very professional and organize. They are very flexible with patient scheduling and response with any questions or concerns.
To date $10,000
RAD mainly uses single embryo transfer to reduce multiple birth.