Medical SchoolCornell
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
2700 Silverside Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Emelia Bachman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Associates of Delaware to a friend?
Other, Unexplained
Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns... She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
Wilmington
She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand...Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed.
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in.
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We [Dr. Emelia Bachman] started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000
Newark
Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome...The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.
2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed...Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too...
2013 - 2014
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Bachman is wonderful, friendly and helpful. She has the biggest heart I have ever seen with a DR. She was so sweet from day one and even after we had our baby. She is always so friendly and willing to answer any questions that you have or any give you advise. She made you feel relaxed and like you mattered to her. She was very nice whenever I reached out to her for help or support..... Dr Bachman is very nice and helpful. However, in the RAD office, you get an appointment and see whatever nurse, dr or tech that is there. You don't just see the Dr for your treatment start to finish.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Be ready to feel the love and support of Dr. Bachman.
I took hormone shots for 8 weeks leading up to the transfer. Then I took them until the 2 weeks pregnancy test. After it was positive, I continued to take the medication until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
They were very nice. However, I did feel like they were just doing their job. There was no connection at all between you and them. You were just another chart that they looked at and a patient that they treated. The acted programed. This is your next step and send you out the door.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.
It cost me $28K for the cycle plus extra testing and services.
She would only transfer 1 embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
PCOS, Other
[Dr. Emelia Bachman is] Very personable and there to listen...went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay... My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment...After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds.
PCOS, Other
Dr Bachman was very personable, there to listen, and went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay.
Very personable and there to listen
After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds. Dr Bachman had us come in and discuss next steps. My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment
The staff is always punctual and there to listen. They explain everything and answer whatever questions you may have
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
None. This clinic is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work
After insurance I pay 20% of all services
IUI, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Emelia Bachman has] Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member...Dr Bachman was very professional but compassionate. She listened to your concerns and answer all questions. She was available anytime to address your concerns or hold your hand as you walk thru the process of IVF...IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
IUI, Donor Sperm
You will be in great hands.
Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member.
IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
Everyone was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Very professional and organize. They are very flexible with patient scheduling and response with any questions or concerns.
To date $10,000
RAD mainly uses single embryo transfer to reduce multiple birth.