9.9

Milford
556 South DuPont Boulevard
Milford, DE 19963
302-424-6645

Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns... She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up.
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources...I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us.
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.
Wilmington
Dr. Bachman is wonderful, friendly and helpful. She has the biggest heart I have ever seen with a DR. She was so sweet from day one and even after we had our baby. She is always so friendly and willing to answer any questions that you have or any give you advise. She made you feel relaxed and like you mattered to her. She was very nice whenever I reached out to her for help or support..... Dr Bachman is very nice and helpful. However, in the RAD office, you get an appointment and see whatever nurse, dr or tech that is there. You don't just see the Dr for your treatment start to finish.
They [RAD] are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.... When I called the nurse line for a UTI that I got, they never called back. I had to call them a second time a couple of days later and wait on the line for a nurse to answer. They also take a long time to give you the results of your blood test on whether your cycle took or not.
Be ready to feel the love and support of Dr. Bachman.
I took hormone shots for 8 weeks leading up to the transfer. Then I took them until the 2 weeks pregnancy test. After it was positive, I continued to take the medication until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
They were very nice. However, I did feel like they were just doing their job. There was no connection at all between you and them. You were just another chart that they looked at and a patient that they treated. The acted programed. This is your next step and send you out the door.
They are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.
It cost me $28K for the cycle plus extra testing and services.
She would only transfer 1 embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. ... Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. ... While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. ... During one ivf cycle, all the wrong meds were called in to the pharmacy. During a recent round, it took the doctors and PAs over a week to realize I hadn’t responded to the medicine prescribed. None of the doctors had been reviewing my ultrasounds. ... Great staff [RAD] of PAs and nurses ... Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Dr Bachman is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors I have ever had. While she is not always punctual, it is because she takes her time with all her patients and never rushes you through an appointment. She is always willing to answer questions and has even called me after hours to check in before procedures or after bad news. She is very up-to-date on current research and findings in the field. She is open to all feedback, positive or negative and is always looking to improve.
You may be waiting to see her.
Dr. Bachman is very kind. She always takes her time to answer all of your questions and go over procedures.
Started with clomid and IUIs as all fertility tests came back normal. switched to IVF after 4 failed rounds. With each retrieval, we changed the dose of medicine and then the type of medicine used, with the hopes of getting fewer overall eggs , but more mature ones.
The nurses and PAs are amazing. They have become like family. They are the ones in the trenches with you every day. They are the ones who do most of the exams and the daily monitoring. Everyone is compassionate, gentle and positive .
Strengths: Clinic has a team of doctors that meet each week to discuss IVF cases. Great staff of PAs and nurses Embryo quality/grading system and selection for retrieval has never been communicated to me. In my case, I prefer to know less, but many patients may want to know this information. Clinic is very conservative in terms of trigger shots & preventing OHSS and only doing single embryo transfers .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Monitoring was a cattle call. First come first served. This made each cycle very stressful, as I do not have a job I can be late for. When I reached out to my doctor about it, I was able to make appointments, however it was clearly to appease me. I was still only seen in the order of arrival, despite what my “appointment” time was.
Rounds of clomid and IUI were covered by insurance. Insurance has run out for IVF. Costs also associated with a laparoscopy.
This process has never been communicated to me.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Bachman oringinally prescribed me clomid after I received the results of my initial testing which indicated I had Premature ovarian insufficiency. I purchased the drugs only to find out afterwards that i was a carrier for fragile X. Which I wished I had known prior to spending $400+ on drugs. ... Dr. Bachman is super compationate and great with patients. She provided me with support during my testing and diagnosis and is a great doctor if you are looking for someone to literally hold your hand through the hard parts.
I did not like that initially the members of the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] led both myself and my sister to believe they would consider using her as our egg donor. They even allowed her to go through some testing and she was told by multiple people in the practice that they were considering it even though t wasn’t their general practice.
Dr. Bachman is great. Not the biggest fan of the practice she’s in though upon speaking with other former patients.
Dr. Bachman was a great person to speak with when I was diagnosed she was very personable and supportive when providing information, even hugged me and cried with me after delivering the news
Dr Bachman oringinally prescribed me clomid after I received the results of my initial testing which indicated I had Premature ovarian insufficiency. I purchased the drugs only to find out afterwards that i was a carrier for fragile X. Which I wished I had known prior to spending $400+ on drugs. Following the results of my genetic testing we were advised donor egg was our best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa)
Theresa was nice. Sometimes it seemed difficult to get ahold of her and that she was out of office a good deal of time when I was a patient there which meant if I contacted her via their portal I didn’t always hear back from someone right away.
I did not like that initially the members of the clinic led both myself and my sister to believe they would consider using her as our egg donor. They even allowed her to go through some testing and she was told by multiple people in the practice that they were considering it even though t wasn’t their general practice. My own doctor advised they were talking about it in a “round table” type setting. I was extremely upset by being given false hope. I would have preferred a simple “that’s not our practice, we’re sorry”.
We were given a price of $30,000 for 12 donor eggs and unlimited transfers until we delivered our first child.
I was informed during my first visit that the office only does single embryos transfers as they feel MET is irresponsible.
Newark
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.... They [Nursing Staff] were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.... The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork
She understood everything I asked. And she explained everything to me and how we could work out things with my cycles. And always kept up on my process. I always did bloodwork to keep up in my cycles. It took almost nine months to get pregnant since I had my miscarriage. When I first saw Emilie I just found out I was pregnant and she congratulated me and then a week and half later i had the miscarriage. She followed up with me a month later was there to talk to me. And I got all my testing done to see whata wrong and I found out I had pcos. And she prescribed me metformin for my.pcos took that for at least 7 months and then had a follow up appointment with bachman and discussed to up my prescription and then 2 months later i got pregnant.
She is a caring and awesome doctor.
She understood everything of what I had to say and she agreed with everything with me.
I got a lot of blood work testings done and they offered monitored iui but I couldn't afford so I just waited it out with all the bloodwork.
They were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.
They care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.
The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork
Was handed the wrong blood paper and it had someone's else's name on it