9.9

556 South DuPont Boulevard
Milford, DE 19963
302-424-6645

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Bachman has always been willing to answer my questions, though I did have to often ask for a phone call. I have only seen her in person about 3 times, but it was clear that she was following my progress...If you're looking for a doctor who will be present and hold your hand every step of the way, Dr. Bachman probably isn't for you. That's not her fault, but rather the way that the clinic runs. I think if I had asked for her to reach out to me more, she would have. She did answer her cell phone on a Sunday to talk to me when I was upset about our canceled cycle. Considering how big and busy they are, she makes a considerable effort to communicate with you.
Penn Fertility is a big clinic. When not communicating directly with your doctor or nurse, you really have to keep on top of them and advocate for the things that you need, such as appointments and calls back from your treatment team. Appointments run on time, and I rarely have to wait...She [nurse] put through refills quickly for meds. She stayed on the phone and answered my many of questions. She was very understanding of my anxiety surrounding the process...
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. Bachman has always been willing to answer my questions, though I did have to often ask for a phone call. I have only seen her in person about 3 times, but it was clear that she was following my progress. Though my egg retrieval was a success, ultimately, we did not get any sperm from my husband's TESE procedure that happened concurrently. That was very disappointing, and even though Dr. Bachman did not have a role in that procedure, she still reached out to check in with us. She then guided me through the sperm donor process, which ultimately led to my current pregnancy. If you're looking for a doctor who will be present and hold your hand every step of the way, Dr. Bachman probably isn't for you. That's not her fault, but rather the way that the clinic runs. I think if I had asked for her to reach out to me more, she would have. She did answer her cell phone on a Sunday to talk to me when I was upset about our canceled cycle. Considering how big and busy they are, she makes a considerable effort to communicate with you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at Penn Fertility Care?
Advocate for communication if you have questions or concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at Penn Fertility Care?
I feel like Dr. Bachman truly cares about the outcome of our treatment, not just because it's her job or to make money, bit because she is invested in her patients' care. She called me after hours and gave me her cell phone number. She listened patiently when I cried about our cycle being canceled due to my husband having COVID. Even though she was on vacation when I had my egg retrieval, she called me before and after it happened, and filled the doctor in on my treatment history.
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval, I stimmed with Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelex. I was also taking baby aspirin and Lovenox due to an unrelated blood clotting disorder. I did a Lupron only trigger due to my risk for OHSS as a PCOS patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
Tori was generally good about communicating with me through phone and the myPennMedicine portal. She put through refills quickly for meds. She stayed on the phone and answered my many of questions. She was very understanding of my anxiety surrounding the process.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Penn Fertility is a big clinic. When not communicating directly with your doctor or nurse, you really have to keep on top of them and advocate for the things that you need, such as appointments and calls back from your treatment team. Appointments run on time, and I rarely have to wait. They have also fit me in once without an issue when I had car problems and was over 30 minutes late.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at Penn Fertility Care.
We chose to do a package that included one egg retrieval, embryo creation with ICSI, one year of storage, and one transfer. That cost roughly $12000. We spent roughly $3,000 on medications. Nothing was covered by our insurance.
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
We only transferred one embryo. There was never any discussion of transferring multiple embryos.
Penn Fertility Care
Radnor

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bachman is very compassionate and caring. She has a warm personality and you feel like your concerns are heard with her. She is always available to answer all questions and try to understand your concerns. She is an incredible doctor. ... Lupron/Estrace FET cycle - lining was too thin with fluid, recommended we try a different protocol. Mini stim with FSH - started slow due to past history of hyper stimulation, l
The clinic is very organized. They have a good system in place for communication with their patient portal. They respond to all messages the same day. Their coordinators usually do not answer the phone, so you have to leave a message but they return their calls the same day. The staff are welcoming and friendly.
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions when you don’t understand or you disagree.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Bachman treated me as if I was the most important patient she had. She was always aware of what was going on in my cycles and always offered support when needed.
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Lupron/Estrace FET cycle - lining was too thin with fluid, recommended we try a different protocol. Mini stim with FSH - started slow due to past history of hyper stimulation, lining thickened appropriately, transfer done, chemical pregnancy Mini stim with FSH - ectopic pregnancy Repeated mini stim due to successful preparation, transfer done, negative quant Repeated mini stim, too many follicles, cycle canceled. Chose new protocol due to hyper response, E Valerate cycle, transfer done, chemical ERA cycle completed E valerate cycle with results from ERA, transfer done, miscarriage
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The nurses in the office are compassionate and caring. They are quick to answer all questions.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Could either be in the set morning block or at a specific time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I paid out of pocket because I had no insurance coverage
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I had all eSET to avoid complications s with twins/triplets
Newark

Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal ... She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months.
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team [RAD] of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. ... The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. ... The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr.Bachman. She truly is an exceptional doctor. She's getting busier with patients but she treats you as though you are the only one on her schedule. Dr. Bachman goes into great detail about your treatment plan and if you have any concerns you can reach out through the portal. She's even called me after hours from her cell phone to talk to me regarding some issues. I wish she could be my regular OBGYN as well. I always ask her if she wants to be all my doctor's in one!!
You will not be disappointed! You may have to wait for a few weeks to get an initial consultation but it is worth it. She is very honest but caring at the same time. Such a down to earth physician.
Dr. Bachman is so sweet. I left my initial consultation feeling like I have known her for years. She doesn't rush the appointments and explains every option available to you and gives her honest opinion with what will be the best treatment for you as a person. She definitely cares about her patients.
She did a full lab work up and I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. We started off with the lowest dose of Fermara and timed intercourse which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We tried two more months of Fermara and increased the dosage each time as well as did IUIs both months. Both resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I asked if we should try another month but Dr.Bachman did not want me to keep spending a lot of money as the success rates are still about 20%. Dr. Bachman informed me of a study that was coming up for IVF as my insurance does not cover any IVF or any fertility treatments for that matter. She was trying to help with the IVF cost by enrolling me into the study but unfortunately I could not take the specific medication that was being used. Now, I am trying to get money together for an IVF cycle. I really liked that Dr.Bachman didn't want to keep trying other things and wanted to get right to the best course of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene is my patient coordinator)
Each doctor has their own patient coordinator that handles appointments/procedures and patient questions. There is also a clinical team of nurses and physician assistants that handle the IUIs and follow up labs and appointments. The doctors are awesome. I have not had one doctor that I did not like. They are all very helpful. The nursing staff is just as good. They are great with staying up to date with each case. The clinical team always gets their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes which Dr. Bachman must approve. The appointments are flexible and they always find time to squeeze you in. I honestly do not have anything negative to say.
I may have answered some of this in the previous question. The appointments for the medicated cycles/IUIs/ultrasounds/day 3 work ups are usually with the clinical team which consists of nurses and physician assistants. They get their direction from one of the four main fertility doctors and will review any possible med changes with your main provider for approval. Everyone at the office is very friendly. The patient portal is the best way to get in touch with any of the doctor's/nurses/IVF coordinators/all other staff. You always get a response no later then the same day, usually mostly minutes after you send the message.
Roughly $1800 per medicated cycle monitoring with IUI- tried 2 times $880 for medicated monitoring cycle with timed intercourse- tried once Progesterone and trigger shot- 3 times for a total of $120-150 each time My health insurance will cover office visits and workup for infertility diagnosis but co-pays is $35 each office visit/ultrasound. I lost track of how many times. Saving up for a mini-stim IVF cycle which is roughly$12,000 or a regular IVF cycle which is roughly $15000 and up.
This clinic only allows one embryo to be transferred at a time which I didn't agree with at first because I thought you have better chances with transferring two and I know many fertility doctors that will transfer more then one but it makes sense why they only allow one. It wouldn't change my opinion about the office or keep me from going there.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I was going to try one of the IVF studies and I needed to have a papsmear by a specified time in order to qualify for that study for my upcoming cycle which was days away. It was overlooked and we thought I had one done with my OBGYN but it wasn't within the 12month given time frame. I was not able to proceed with that cycle because the results would not be back in time. I wasn't able to continue with that study anyway due to a drug reaction so it was not that big of a deal.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. ... She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before. ... I used Clomid, a shot to make me ovulate (I don't remember the name), two days of IUI and ended the process with progesterone suppositories. During the process there was constant monitoring to detect the correct timing.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy. ...
Each time we met with Dr. Bachman she was welcoming and understanding of the stressful situation. Through testing, diagnosis of unexplained fertility, and treatment she explained what to expect from each process. There were plenty of visits to the office over the entire time-frame but we didn't see Dr. Bachman at each visit. This was perfectly acceptable to me as the remainder of the staff was just as welcoming and competent as Dr. Bachman. Our entire process was long due to scheduling restraints on our end as well as a maternity leave for Dr. Bachman. While she was out on leave we decided to take some time off from the process. When Dr. Bachman returned, we picked up where were at and eventually continued on through a successful treatment process.
It is a long and stressful process, with testing, diagnosis and through treatment, however having a great team to work with is essential to providing you with support the entire way.
A friend recommended Dr. Bachman to me and my family. She was warm and welcoming the first time around in 2015. We recently went back for our second consultation in 2019 and she was just as great as before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene)
Through all of the visits the nursing staff was great. Through all of the visits I didn't have a staff member that wasn't proficient at their job. Wait times for appointments were typically short and the appointment times were accommodating with my schedule.
The entire process was long based on our schedule and other factors, however the clinic worked closely with us along the way. All my questions from finance, insurance to procedures were answered along the way. I would recommend this clinic to anyone that is having fertility issues. The use of their patient portal made communication with any team member quick and easy.
Based on my insurance I had copays that needed to be paid but a lot of the testing and treatment was covered by my insurance. The second time around my insurance has changed so it will be more out of pocket up front but overall will cost about the same as it did the first time based on premiums I was paying before. Some of the prescriptions (progesterone suppositories) weren't covered but the office worked with me to help find an alternative pharmacy to help lower the cost.

2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. ... She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. ... The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there [RAD] at opening time there was always a wait. ... I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material ... I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly. ...
Dr Bachman is great, almost perfect. My only complaint is not knowing I had the option to freeze the eggs from my retrieval instead of fertilizing them all at once. Now I'm left with the decision of what to do with all these embryos and because I feel morally obligated to them I have faced a lot of stress and anxiety knowing I will most likely have a huge family when originally I only wanted to add 1 child from IVF, not 5 (potentially). This has also created a huge financial burden for us.
Discuss your options so you're not left with a bunch of embryos that you may not be sure what to do about.
Dr Bachman does a great job answering questions and has a warm friendly demeanor. She doesn't make you feel rushed during appointments.
Since we had been trying for a couple years and I was really struggling emotionally from the infertility, we decided to skip IUI after Dr Bachman explained the low success rate. She said I may be a candidate for mini-stim IVF which would be comparable in cost to the few cycles of IUI that would probably be necessary to conceive, so that's what we did. The mini-stim cycle produced 7 eggs, 6 embroys, and so far 2 babies with 3 embryos left.
Everyone is great at RAD...friendly and knowledgeable.
The pricing is on the high end and for whatever reason they would not gives us a military discount even though they advertise it on their website. Before becoming pregnant I remeber sitting in the waiting room and feeling bad about all the magazines with pregnant celebrities on top of my doctor being pregnant as well. While I wasn't bitter and of course no one can avoid seeing pregnant women, when you're struggling to get pregnant it always stings a little when you see others have what you desperately want. I also was against my future children being conceived by my husband masterbating to porn but they would not allow me to go into the collection room with him. Not all couples are comfortable with pornographic material but luckily my husband was prepared with our own material. I know men are visual but as a Christian I find "the porn room " to be disturbing. (My term, not theirs) Besides that, the clinic is clean and the staff is friendly.
I had to take time off work so it was never convenient. Even when I got there at opening time there was always a wait.
Initial consult was $150. I think the retrieval and up to 3 transfers was about $9000. The testing was about $1000, and meds were about $3200. For my second FET, the cost was $4200, meds were $900 and testing (sono) was maybe $300.
While I wasn't adamant about multiple embryo tranfer, Dr Bachman did explain that for my age and health single embryo transfer was preferred.
In my state of infertility I had a one track mind: get pregnant. The thought of what to do with extra embryos never crossed my mind and were not discussed before my retrieval.
Newark

I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. ... Dr. Bachman takes her time to listen and answer questions. She treats her patients with full support and starts from the beginning, explaining each option and possible outcomes. Dr. Bachman is professional, kind, and very responsive.
Clinics [RAD] strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. ... Everyone in the clinic is helpful, pleasant, and professional. I have worked with Beth, on of the physician assistants, who is absolutely amazing. She has done both of my HSG and Sono procedures. ... Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Dr. Bachman's strengths are apparent the second you meet her. She is professional and caring. She works with you from where you are and explains each step along the way. She took her time with my husband and I while using her knowledge and experience to provide the best care.
Ask questions when you have them Dr. Bachman will answer them while providing support.
My reproductive doctor I originally worked with moved out of state so I was switched to work with Dr. Bachman. I had an ectopic pregnancy from my previous cycle with the previous doctor. Dr. Bachman reviewed all of my information, repeated diagnostic bloodwork and testing, and provided options for an action plan moving forward. I had two cycles of gonal F 100 and got pregnant both times, unfortunately both were ectopic. Now Im working with Dr. Bachman on diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and considering IVF for future cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Clinics strengths are professional, supportive, reachable, and has a team approach. Clinic weaknesses may be that they lost one reproductive doctor, going from five to four, so I think that has effected the patient to doctor ratios to be higher.
Insurance copay of 25%, also had to pay for medications out of pocket.
2016 - 2019, Successful
When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she [Dr. Bachman] presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. ... I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. ... We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. ... In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice.
I just wish they [RAD] were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important ... We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
Dr. Bachman has been amazing since the moment I met her. She instantly made me feel calm - when all I was feeling before I first met her was frustration and disappointment. She helped reassure me that we would get to the bottom of my fertility issues. When diagnosed with stage 3 endo - she presented me facts in a simple straightforward manner that you can’t help but appreciate. We ended up needing IVf and had a second trimester loss. Dr. Bachman personally called me the day we found out we lost the baby to send her condolences and to help support us. I could go on for days about how truly empathetic and supporting Dr. Bachman has been to me in this journey In regards to recommending her to my best friend... I already have... twice. Two of my girlfriends were having fertility issues and are now also seeing dr. Bachman, and they love her as much as I do !
That if you want to get to the bottom of your fertility issues - Dr. Bachman is it !
She is so warm and inviting. Instantly made me feel at ease. She remembers everything about you and makes its feel like she’s an old friend
I qualified for a “mini” atom cycle since my AMH level was so high. I was maintained on pretty low dose follistim and had a lupron trigger. We ended up being able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 were mature and 20 were fertilized. I had considered being involved in a trial study - but the starting dose was double the dose of medication I remained on the entire time for my stims. I’m very thankful Dr. Bachman and I were able to talk about potential risks of doing the study and that we settled on the mini stim
The clinic overall is great. I just wish they were more upfront about timelines. I need realistic expectations. For example I was told that after my retrieval that my FET would be 4-6 weeks later. And it ended up being a full 8 weeks later. Which is totally fine - but for someone who has been trying to conceive for a year and a half - setting realistic goals is important
We did a single embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test
Wilmington

She [Dr. Bachman] was so understanding. I didn't feel like a number at all. She truly cares about us and our want to have a child. ... Hsg. Expected total blockage but open just very damaged. Explained why she wants to remove tubes ... But she used her knowledge to educate us on the journey we were starting. The ups the downs the sideways...everything.
Everything about RAD is great. ... The nurses explained everything. Helped with aftercare. Even the appointment lady who makes appt was so lovely to deal with. Since many appointments are dependent on my cycle and having to schedule around work and home life,RAD made it so less stressful than I thought. They really care about me and my family.
We felt as though she was a member of our family. She didn't potty us for that's not what we wanted at all. But she used her knowledge to educate us on the journey we were starting. The ups the downs the sideways...everything. I trust her not only with my fertility but with my life.
Ask questions. No question is not worth asking. Write down all your concerns before the appt.
She was so understanding. I didn't feel like a number at all. She truly cares about us and our want to have a child.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy miller)
Love love love trust trust trust
Everything about RAD is great. The atmosphere. Everything. The nurses explained everything. Helped with aftercare. Even the appointment lady who makes appt was so lovely to deal with. Since many appointments are dependent on my cycle and having to schedule around work and home life,RAD made it so less stressful than I thought. They really care about me and my family.
We had a few plan options. The best plan had unlimited embryo transfer until live birth with genetic testing. It's $16,000 not including medication costs of about $5,000
Newark

Dr Bachman is both knowledgeable and kind hearted. Every step of the way she asks if you are okay and understand. Also she is compassionate. I have never met a doctor I trusted more. When something in my protocol changes she calls to explain and make sure I’m still okay with it. I’m about to start my first cycle in a couple weeks so their is so much I still can’t answer just yet but she is awesome. I’ll be upset when I do graduate to a regular obgyn after my treatment.
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation [at RAD- Newark]. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.... My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
Be open and honest with her. Tell her your fears and concerns. Dr Bachman can’t do her job to the best of her ability if she doesn’t know what’s bugging you. Be honest and open. It’s a tough process as it is.
Every time I have been greeted by Dr. Bachman I get greeted with a hug and by name. Dr.Bachman doesn’t even really have to reference the chart. Everything is well explained, and the sympathy and empathy are awesome.
I honestly don’t know as I’m just getting ready to start a Ivf cyclein may
The only weakness I have found is the hours of operation. With the amount of appointments the latest is 4:00 there should be one day where appointments can be made later. The one good thing is you are assigned to a couple coordinators depending your plan of action for treatment so you get familiar with who is coordinating your care.
My cycle of invitro will cost 1,960 (with insurance) this doesn’t cover medications. Medications are 4,500 on top of co pay of 45.00 per visit. I also am currently paying off the surgery I had that diagnosed my tubal issue. It’ll be around roughly 7,000
My re only does single embryo transfer. It is safer for mom and baby
Newark

Dr. Bachman tries to ensure that every step of your process is as easy as she can make it. She tries to prepare you as best she can for the next steps. She stops to check how you and your partner are feeling. And she occasionally asks how things went when she wasn’t there to make sure everything is as good for you and your partner as it can be.... My Dr. will not do multiple embryo transfer because she feels if there is more than 1 embryo in the uterus, the embryos then compete for what they need reducing the chances of having a healthy baby
The clinic [RAD-Newark] really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.... They are all as compassionate and concerned as Dr. Bachman is with both my progress through the process as well as my contentment with my experience.
It might take a while to get your first appointment, but be patient. Once you get passed that first appointment, everything runs much smoother.
Dr. Bachman is very conscious of how you feel. She understands the frustration of not being able to conceive, the pain you may be going through due to your medical history, and she tries to make you as comfortable as possible throughout your treatments.
I didn’t ask specifically why I am on the protocol I am on, but I do know that based on my estrogen levels, Dr. Bachman recommended that my husband and I do a frozen transfer instead of a fresh transfer to minimize the risk of my getting sick after the embryo is implanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
The clinic really tries to accommodate as much as possible. They have multiple ways of reaching you to remind you of an appointment. They have a portal that makes it easy to get in touch with anyone in the practice who you need to speak with. And the billing department tries to work with your insurance as much as they can to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
The lab work was expensive, but other costs that I thought would be expensive, he bulking team worked with my insurance to bring down the cost.
Newark

Dr. Bachman always spoke to us openly and honestly... I felt that I could be frank and blunt with her, as is my nature. When she saw disappointment or fear in us, she always guided us toward the positive but kept expectation realistic.... I underwent Mini Stem. She gave me a low does of injections and kept me under close watch.... She is very good at answering or restating something that doesn't make sense to you. Sometime i was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't think of any questions at them time. I would later realize i was full of question and Dr Bachman was always willing to meet with us again to go over the information once more.
Sometime the click [RAD-Newark] assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.... They were always very kind and answered any questions i had. If they saw i was nervous they would talk to me and calm me by joking with me or distracting me. They took an interest in my husband and i by asking us questions about our hobbies and always remember them when we came back.
Dr. Bachman was a great doctor and did a great job of making me feel safe. she came in to see me before the procedure and talked to me about what to expect. she always made sure my husband and i were comfortable and kept in the loop.
Be sure to ask your questions. She is very good at answering or restating something that doesn't make sense to you. Sometime i was a bit overwhelmed and couldn't think of any questions at them time. I would later realize i was full of question and Dr Bachman was always willing to meet with us again to go over the information once more.
Dr. Bachman always spoke to us openly and honestly. She never checked the clock while working whit us and spent as much time with us as we needed until we felt completely comfortable and confident in our next steps. when she saw us, it was always like she was welcoming a member of her family into her office. I felt that I could be frank and blunt with her, as is my nature. When she saw disappointment or fear in us, she always guided us toward the positive but kept expectation realistic.
Sometime the click assumes you know something when you don't. for example no one told me they were ordering my medication and one day i got a call from a pharmacy asking me for $3,000. I was so confused and had to call RAD. once they explained what was going on i felt better, but i would have liked to been kept in the loop a little more.
$13,700 plus an additional $6,800 in medicine and additional fees

2014 - 2019, Successful
One specific example of the care that Dr Bachman personal I needed was when we found out we had an ectopic pregnancy and we're going to have to abort the pregnancy. Dr. Bachman called from her personal cell phone on her way home from a party when she found out about it to convey her sympathy and help us get through the next steps. I would not hesitate for a second recommending her.
The nurses [at Reproductive Associates of DE- Wilmington] were amazing, especially Rhonda and Kristen. it was nice to always walk in and be recognized and have the nursing staff remember why we were there and be ready to ask about my health and well-being.... The only advice that I would offer would be to ask exactly how things work as opposed to assuming they work like a normal doctor's office. There are many aspects such as signing in and knowing payment dates that are not 100% clear but will be easily cleared up just by asking a question.
I would recommend that someone be honest about their goals to get a more exact map of their treatment.
Dr. Bachman was very personally involved in my treatment and made me feel like the entire clinic actually cared about my progress and the development and birth of our son. She is exactly the type of doctor that I wants for a treatment like this.
The nurses were amazing, especially Rhonda and Kristen. it was nice to always walk in and be recognized and have the nursing staff remember why we were there and be ready to ask about my health and well-being.
Dr. Bachman was very adamant about doing only single embryo transfers and while I would have liked to try multiples I understood and agreed with her reasons.
Wilmington

She [Dr. Bachman] always seems to give her honest opinion on what to expect and how optimistic we should be. She shows a lot of compassion when delivering any news and takes as long as you need with each appointment, you never feel rushed for time. ... We started with clomid which did not work, then tried another oral pill with times intercourse. Next we did 3 cycles of gonal with iui. Now in the process of ivf. One cancelled cycle at this point.
They [Repro Assoc of DE] all are very respectful of what you are going through. The system they have in place seems to work in regard to monitoring appointments and lab work. They make it very easy to schedule and accommodate your appointments with your personal schedule ... Everyone is easy to communicate with and takes the time to answer all questions. ...
Very friendly and approachable. She always seems to give her honest opinion on what to expect and how optimistic we should be. She shows a lot of compassion when delivering any news and takes as long as you need with each appointment, you never feel rushed for time.
Be patient the whole process takes time.
She is very caring and always takes the time to answer any questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna and amy are the coordinators I mostly interact with )
Everyone is very nice and compassionate. They all are very respectful of what you are going through. The system they have in place seems to work in regard to monitoring appointments and lab work. They make it very easy to schedule and accommodate your appointments with your personal schedule

2018 - 2019, Consult
Dr. Bachman treats her patients like family. Her warm hugs make the hard days a little easier. She genuinely loves her patients and wants their dreams to come true.... Dr. Bachman and I are still working on my next cycle, so I don’t have a specific treatment plan yet... Dr. Bachman is one of a kind. I’ve seen three doctors and she is my favorite. Her bed side manner is like no other. She ensures that you know everything that’s going on and she makes sure she gets consent before making any and all decisions on your care.
RAD has many strengths. The knowledge available between the doctors and nurses is unmeasurable. They are too notch! The technology this office uses is so impressive. The only patient portal is amazing!... Every single staff member is amazing. Dorri and Amy are two of the best coordinators any patient could ask for. They both put so much effort into make sure their patients are taken care of and are comfortable with everything.
Let her give you the hugs! They help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri)
I’m blessed to have insurance coverage which helps some with the cost.
We have not discussed this option.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Bachman is an amazing doctor. She always calls to check in. After our failed transfer, she called just to see how I was. It meant a lot. She is also very honest about treatment and the chances of success.... For my first transfer, we used Lupron to calm my ovaries down and then estrace and progesterone to prepare my lining and hormones. We transferred one embryo and had a successful pregnancy. My second transfer we did the same protocol but were unsuccessful.
The clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE-Newark] is great. They have two offices in the same building. They have lots of appointments to meet your needs. Great communication, I always get a call back in a timely manner. Even the front desk staff is friendly!... All of the nurses, care coordinators, and nursing staff are amazing. They take the time to know the patient and are caring.... She has always done a single embryo transfer with me because she does not feel multiple embryos are more successful.
Ask lots of questions - she will answer and you’ll leave feeling great.
Dr. Bachman takes time to know me as a patient and my family.
The clinic is great. They have two offices in the same building. They have lots of appointments to meet your needs. Great communication, I always get a call back in a timely manner. Even the front desk staff is friendly!
Newark

She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully...I think she has great bedside manner and cares a lot about the success of her patients. The doctors at RAD all consult with each other and it makes me feel reassured that I'm in good hands and getting good care
I often left [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions...We had a miscommunication with the genetic counselor about the pgd process which ended up delaying our cycle, and it didn't seem like all the other clinicians were up to date on where we were in that process, but she quickly corrected it and has been great and helpful otherwise
Dont have expectations of what your diagnosis will be, what your treatment plan will be, or when you may get pregnant. That's only setting yourself up for disappointment. And come to every appointment with questions written down since it's hard to get an appointment
She is very compassionate and greets me warmly whenever we see her. She remembers details about us when I wouldn't expect. And she always calls within a day of when I ask the coordinators to speak to her and she answers my questions fully
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility, got referred to a urologist. And then started IVF with pgs/pgd. I was on follistim and clomid, and had a lot of follicles but only got 8 eggs, and 2 made it to the blastocyst stage. I'm waiting to talk to Dr. Bachman about how our 2nd cycle may be different
They're caring and answer questions during your exams, I always felt like I knew what was going on after an exam except during my IVF monitoring. I often left with questions after my ultrasounds because the nurses wouldn't comment on how I was responding, they would just measure my follicles. But then I had an ultrasound with Dr. Neithardt on a Sunday and she was more willing to answer those questions
The portal system is helpful, they are very organized and systematic which puts me at ease. I wish the doctors had more availability but that's pretty common. The coordinators are very responsive to portal messages, they hardly ever answer the phone though
so far we've paid about 20,000 not including medications
She strongly believes in SET
Newark

She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. ... she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
I believe the clinic [RAD] is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service. ... The nursing team was great, they explained every test completely and how it was going to feel. They were really sweet and caring! I felt like a human being and was treated really nice.
She was very compassionate, when we found out that my husband couldn't have children. She explained every process in detail and it was a pleasure to have her as a doctor. Even though we aren't done the process, I feel like she really cares about her patients and takes time out of her day to spend quality time with you and all of your concerns. she was very positive even after we got results we didn't want. She gave us time to process everything. There was a time you could see that she felt bad to give us bad news but handled it very professionally and compassionately.
She is a great and compassionate doctor and I would recommend her to anyone. my husband isn't fond of doctors but he loved her and how much she cared.
she explained thoroughly the process and showed compassion.
I only went through the process of making sure there wasn't anything wrong with me (the wife) and my husband went through the Male fertility factor. We haven't starting a treatment process yet.
I believe the clinic is a great clinic. I would so recommend them to anyone that needs help like we did. They communicate effectively and in a timely manner. They greet you and explain what they are going to do and what they are looking for. I was very happy with the service.
there was a few co insurance Bill's for the different procedures but that is all.
Newark

Dr. Bachman really took her time to get to know us and our case specifically. She made sure to keep me informed through the whole process and ensure that I was okay.... Although I didn’t see Dr. Bachman for every appointment, she stayed active on my case the whole time. She was extremely kind, compassionate and informative....I asked for a multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Bachman refused. This was an issue for me. However, she called me after hours to let me know exactly why she refused
The only complaint I have about RAD is their billing department. They were very unhelpful and rude. They were very unclear about the hidden/additional costs of an IVF cycle and I was surprised with a huge balance at the end. I have reached out to them several times and when they do respond, they are rude....The entire clinical team was wonderful....I have emailed the clinical staff just about every day and they always respond promptly and compassionately. They have been great.
Although I didn’t see Dr. Bachman for every appointment, she stayed active on my case the whole time. She was extremely kind, compassionate and informative. I would absolutely see her for my next cycle.
Ask every question you can think of. Dr. Bachman has no problem answering your questions and will even call you after hours if needed. Stay informed.
I was on Clomid 10mg and 300u follistim. It was expected that I would have poor response to medication so they went with a higher dose. They combined the follistim with clomid because I responded well to it in an IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna)
The entire clinical team was wonderful. Given my history of 5 losses, I have been terrified this entire pregnancy. I have emailed the clinical staff just about every day and they always respond promptly and compassionately. They have been great.
I had insurance coverage at the time, which helped significantly. However, we still paid close to $10,000 out of pocket for Non-covered services, copays, coinsurance and medications.
I asked for a multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Bachman refused. This was an issue for me. However, she called me after hours to let me know exactly why she refused in my specific case, and I ended up agreeing. Dr. Bachman transfered a single embryo and I am currently 13 weeks. However, I am currently waiting on the results of testing because the doctors are concerned that my baby has a fatal genetic defect.
Dover
Reproductive Associates of Delaware prefer to do single embryo transfers. They say that multiple embryo transfers don't really increase the chance of pregnancy.... The facilities are very clean and organized. The recovery room after egg retrieval could really use some updating so it does not feel like a hospital. The equipment is new and sophisticated. The location is also easy to get to in northern Delaware.... My wife has had instances where the medicine she needed was not ordered or was sent to the wrong pharmacy.
Dr. Bachman is very knowledgeable and a true professional. She always made time to see us or talk to us on the phone (even nights and weekends). She was very thorough in her explanations and with what we needed to do to be successful. My wife had endometriosis (stage 2) discovered half way through our treatment. I wish it had been diagnosed prior to 2 of our transfers (may have helped our odds of getting pregnant) .
To ask many questions and be very clear with what you want. There are many different paths to take for infertility. I would suggest doing as much research you can ahead of time before seeing the doctor.
I felt that my wife and I were treated with the highest regard and care.
We did IUI (2) times with no success. We then did (4) rounds of IVF with genetic testing of the embryos. My wife has less than average egg quality and we wanted to get as many healthy embryos as we could for transfer.
They were all very friendly and eager to help. Some of the nurses, however, were not proficient in taking blood. They could not find my wife's arm vein and had to use her hand from time to time (very unpleasant for my wife).
Up to this point, we've spent approximately $35,000
Reproductive Associates of Delaware prefer to do single embryo transfers. They say that multiple embryo transfers don't really increase the chance of pregnancy. Our 3rd transfer was with an egg that had already hatched. My wife and I may have pushed for implanting the 3rd and 4th egg simultaneously in that case (instead we did a single with a failed pregnancy).
My wife has had instances where the medicine she needed was not ordered or was sent to the wrong pharmacy. There have also been examples where different treatment methods were explained to us by the different IVF coordinators.
Wilmington

Dr Bachman is incredibly kind. I cry a lot at these appointments, and she never made me feel bad about it at all. She also is always happy to take my questions or talk to me about other options. I feel like she’s a partner who works with us toward common goals.... And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.... We had about 3+ rounds of ovulation induction with timed intercourse for my son.
Some nurses have better bedside manner than others. RAD can be a little test-happy but I think all the monitoring is really to ensure the best results for patients. And as a working mom, I appreciate their very early hours.... That said, everyone there is committed, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate. And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.
Dr Bachman is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, kind. It’s so obvious that she cares. RAD can be a bit “test-happy” at times, but I feel this is more the clinic’s policies. That said, everyone there is committed, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate. And I appreciate that dr Bachman has always worked with me when I have wanted to make changes in the recommended course of action.
Let her know how you feel, and be open if you have doubts or questions, need a month off or want to speed things up. She’s very responsive.
We had about 3+ rounds of ovulation induction with timed intercourse for my son. The first ones with Clomid didn’t work at all. I responded right away to Letrozole and we conceived on our first cycle with it, leading to a healthy pregnancy. We are now trying for #2. Unfortunately after 3 cycles with letrozole and timed intercourse, we haven’t gotten pregnant yet.
$880 per ovulation induction cycle, not including drugs.
Wilmington

Dr. Bachman explained everything in enormous detail, making me feel safe and secure regarding my upcoming surgery. She laid out a plan and was extremely thorough and compassionate. I would recommend her to my family and closest friends...Her energy is amazing...We started with diagnostic tests and imaging. After finding multiple polyps and potential endometriosis, Dr. Bachman had me set up for surgery. After the surgery (depending on what is seen) she will decide whether IUI or IVF is the best route for me.
I have been having debilitating cramps and the nurse [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] did not forward my message to Dr. Bachman...I don’t think the receptionist and billing staff are as compassionate and friendly as the doctor staff. The billing staff treats patient’s as monetary value, not as actually humans. The receptionists don’t seem to really care about their patients at the Wilmington office.
Be ready to love her! Her energy is amazing.
Dr. Bachman truly cares about my well being and my ability to be able to conceive.
We started with diagnostic tests and imaging. After finding multiple polyps and potential endometriosis, Dr. Bachman had me set up for surgery. After the surgery (depending on what is seen) she will decide whether IUI or IVF is the best route for me. Being only 31, I shouldn’t have to worry about infertility, but she assured me that everything will be worth it in the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Lyndsay Bingnear)
I started with Reproductive Associates because Nurse Bingnear was a NP at the facility. She is brilliant, caring, and very thorough.
$1,300. Bloodwork. Ultrasound. Sono.
I have been having debilitating cramps and the nurse did not forward my message to Dr. Bachman.
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Bachman made communication with her easy and possible. In the past I would constantly have to consult with different attendings or nurses when a problem occurred. Dr. Bachman took my concerns and gave me a contact to where I could always openly ask her questions about any issues or questions my husband and I had. With three previous losses in two years she seen the pain we keep going through, and has been there for us every step of the way....Dr. Bachman is diligent, and will do everything within her power to help you succeed.
I would say the clinic [Repro Assoc. of Deleware] has an amazing staff that goes through the entire journey with you, and I wish they had a payment plan in regards to IVF. Rather than partners who have extremely high interest rates....The Nursing staff was always very good at communicating and helping me find availability for appointments with my difficult work and student schedule....Dr. Bachman took my concerns and gave me a contact to where I could always openly ask her questions about any issues or questions my husband and I had. With three previous losses in two years she seen the pain we keep going through, and has been there for us every step of the way.
I am still a patient of Dr. Bachman and it will be bittersweet being discharged from reproductive associates of Delaware. Dr. Bachman always makes us feel comfortable and is a very compassionate person.
That Dr. Bachman is diligent, and will do everything within her power to help you succeed.
I don’t remember the exact protocols.
I would say the clinic has an amazing staff that goes through the entire journey with you, and I wish they had a payment plan in regards to IVF. Rather than partners who have extremely high interest rates.
I was able to choose any time throughout the day to schedule my ultrasounds.
The cost for MINI IVF was around $10,000.
My facility is a single embryo transfer facility.
2018, Consult
I just love her [Dr. Bachman] as a doctor she always made sure I understand what was going on and that I understood the process so that I could be clear on my decisions on what I wanted. As a doctor she just was very loving and made sure I asked everything I wanted so that I understood ... She’s is going to make sure that you understand before you leave the office ...
I love this clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] because they always answer any question you have they made sure they would call you back or email you. ... [Nursing Staff ] Well mannered and organized ... Your visit are short your not sitting in the waiting room long and they always speak when you walk in the office ...
I just love her as a doctor she always made sure I understand what was going on and that I understood the process so that I could be clear on my decisions on what I wanted. As a doctor she just was very loving and made sure I asked everything I wanted so that I understood
She’s is going to make sure that you understand before you leave the office
I love her as my doctor very caring and loving.. Dr Emily bachman
Well mannered and organized
I love this clinic because they always answer any question you have they made sure they would call you back or email you. Your visit are short your not sitting in the waiting room long and they always speak when you walk in the office
Wilmington

Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. ... Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb ...tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. ... revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole ... Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research ... She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail. ... She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through.
scheduled an appointment through my care coordinator but was not on the schedule when I showed up for this visit [RAD]. Had to frequently contact the office for prescription refills and to make sure prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy ... Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. ... I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am. ... Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs
Strengths: caring, compassionate, intelligent, up to date on most recent research, takes as much time as needed at each appointment to make sure that I leave feeling confident in our treatment plan. Goes over every lab value with a fine toothed comb and makes sure to come up with a treatment plan that maximizes fertility and minimizes the emotional and financial burden.
Be patient because the process takes multiple months due to volume of patients and the time to complete all of the necessary testing
Dr. Bachman is always warm, friendly, and understanding. She is sure to be patient and answer every question I have, and always asks if I have any more questions before our appointment is over. She takes the time to draw diagrams, write down explanations, and take time to make sure I fully understand everything I am going through. She treats my case with thorough, individualized detail.
Initial testing - bloodwork, ultrasounds, HSG, sono, sperm analysis. These tests revealed PCOS and a blocked Fallopian tube. Laparoscopic surgery to unblock tube was successful and revealed stage 1 endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Just started cycle 1 of letrozole
The PAs and nursing staff as a whole were absolutely wonderful. I was assigned a patient care coordination who was terrible. She showed no compassion, frequently messed up scheduling, was very hard to get into touch with via phone, and was only accessible through an online portal. I had to contact her to remind her to get things done rather than her coordinating my care the way she was supposed to.
Strengths- knowledgeable staff, caring nurses and PAs Weaknesses- never on time with appointments. As a working woman this adds a lot of stress to an already very stressful and emotional process. I was frequently late for work due to appointments running 30-45 minutes late, even when scheduled at 8:00am.
$4,000 deductible that I had to meet leading to the diagnosis of infertility My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so the following costs so far: Letrozole cycle $880 Medications associated with cycle roughly $500
scheduled an appointment through my care coordinator but was not on the schedule when I showed up for this visit. Had to frequently contact the office for prescription refills and to make sure prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy
Newark

Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle. ... She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. ... Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff [RAD] is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc. ... My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me. ... The nursing staff was excellent! They were all very knowledgable, professional, and caring. There was a team approach and it definitely felt as though all team members were on board with level of care.
Dr. Bachman was very compassionate and caring. She was a very good communicator and always explained each step of care. She communicated with her staff and it felt as if everyone was easily able to answer questions when needed. I can't think of any weaknesses at this point.
She is very thorough so don't be discouraged if there are bumps in the road, but this hopefully will save time, money, and failed attempts for the future.
Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary. She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. She also stayed in contact throughout the treatment process.
I will be starting an IUI cycle with Dr. Bachman. At my last doctor I did 3 failed IUI cycles and plan on doing one more and then switching to IVF if unsuccessful. Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc.
My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me.