9.9

Milford
556 South DuPont Boulevard
Milford, DE 19963
302-424-6645

Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle. ... She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. ... Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary.
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff [RAD] is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc. ... My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me. ... The nursing staff was excellent! They were all very knowledgable, professional, and caring. There was a team approach and it definitely felt as though all team members were on board with level of care.
How was your experience with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Bachman was very compassionate and caring. She was a very good communicator and always explained each step of care. She communicated with her staff and it felt as if everyone was easily able to answer questions when needed. I can't think of any weaknesses at this point.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She is very thorough so don't be discouraged if there are bumps in the road, but this hopefully will save time, money, and failed attempts for the future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Bachman thoroughly reviewed my medical history and did a more complete evaluation which resulted in being taken off a medication that was prescribed by my previous doctor and was not necessary. She is very caring and thorough and goes above and beyond to give the best care. She also stayed in contact throughout the treatment process.
Describe the protocols Emelia Bachman used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
I will be starting an IUI cycle with Dr. Bachman. At my last doctor I did 3 failed IUI cycles and plan on doing one more and then switching to IVF if unsuccessful. Dr. Bachman did more testing and came across some complications which are being addressed at this time before doing the IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Extremely clean and very attentive to all details. Staff is very personable and easy to reach. Each step along the way is explained in detail by dr., nurses, office staff regarding medications, billing, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emelia Bachman at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
My insurance pays 75% of costs which was fully explained to me.
Newark

My care coordinator [at Reproductive Associates of DE] Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.... The costs under Dr Bachmans office were more reasonable than other offices in my area.
I came to see Emelia Bachman after another doctor within the practice left. Dr Bachman is honest, caring and thorough. I value her opinion and truly believe she wants our family to have more children. When I first met Dr Bachman I was suppose to have surgery with the previous doctor, but due to him leaving I rescheduled with Dr Bachman. She discussed risks, benefits and possible outcomes of my diagnostic laparoscopy (previously I had a fimbrioplasty with another fertility specialist and wanted to see if my tube condition was still good). I feel grateful to have met Dr Bachman and I feel that when I finally get pregnant it will be because of her loving, caring and thorough approach.
The best advice is to write down any questions you have before your visit. The reasoning is because it’s very emotional experiencing infertility and sometimes we patients get lost in our emotions and forget to ask pertinent questions.
Dr Bachman made me feel like I have known her forever. I genuinely feel that she wants to see me and my husband have another child. Her role is not without empathy, compassion and caring. She is trying to change the lives of her clients for the better. She loves her job and it’s obvious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari)
My care coordinator Mari is fantastic! She is always quick to respond to my calls and questions. She is caring and truly wants to help the patients she works with. I also appreciate that Mari communicates changes or information within the office immediately; changing appointments or calling with info regarding care.
I have been to 2 fertility specialist in Delaware and of the 2 offices, Dr Bachmans office makes me feel like a person and not a number. The Reproductive Associates of Delaware genuinely care about you and your family goals.
Newark
She [Dr. Emelia Bachman] listened to everything we had to say and always made sure this was the decision we wanted to go with. We had two failed IUIs so we already knew we wanted to go ivf and we told her that and she completely agreed and supported our decision telling us the best route to take and when to do each thing and always made sure we were comfortable with the decision. I told her there was a chance of endometriosis and she actually listened where others didn’t and took the necessary measures to make sure my embryo had the best chance!!
It [the monitoring at RAD] was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!... They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude
She listened to everything we had to say and always made sure this was the decision we wanted to go with. We had two failed IUIs so we already knew we wanted to go ivf and we told her that and she completely agreed and supported our decision telling us the best route to take and when to do each thing and always made sure we were comfortable with the decision. I told her there was a chance of endometriosis and she actually listened where others didn’t and took the necessary measures to make sure my embryo had the best chance!!
You will love her!!! Fertility problems are the worse for us but walking in the first time and meeting her she is just so pleasant and sweet it makes our problems and little more bareable when you know you have her on your team!!
I Felt like a human because she always smiled when talking to us and when I did my egg retrieval you could tell how heart broken she was that we only got 7. She hates to give bad news but she’s always there for us and gives us hugs everytime we see her !!
I told Bachman about the iuis and the endometriosis chance so she said between my Ibs issues and my irregularity that there was a high chance so she said the best plan would be the egg retrieval first then surgery to check for endometriosis and to remove a cyst and pileup to make sure the embryo had the best chance then the transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna )
Everyone on the staff team is super sweet and helpful if I have any questions which I always do!! They make sure I walk out of the appointment feeling confident and okay with the next stage
They work with your schedule, I work two jobs and they made my appointments work around my jobs!! Each section is super helpful including the financial side. I had to call them once or twice for my insurance and they helped and made me laugh each time. There isn’t one person there who has a bad attitude.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
It was well efficient!! They gave you about a 2 hour window to show up and they had you in and out within id say 30-45 mins with blood work and ultra sound done and some mornings there was lots of woman there with me and all the nurses did there parts to make the line go!!
Was about 2450 for the ivf, 3450 for the medicines plus another $1200 down the way for the medicines and 2800 for the biopsy on the embryos!!
Emelia Bachman
[Dr. Bachman will] review reports you send and take the time to research an issue that you identify on blogs or in the news. She'll call us on the evening, weekend or while on vacation to share news. You can tell she wants all her patients to have success. When I miscarried, she made a point of coming down to confirm by ultrasound and came in on her day off to do my D&C when I said I only wanted her. She's provided free meds to help me get through a cycle when she knew I was paying out-of-pocket.
There have been times [at RADfertility] when I'd been waiting for test results and called to see if they've come in only to have to wait days to hear the result because someone failed to call me...Monitoring was generally easy and convenient. On the weekends, an on-call doctor and clinician perform them, which is nice...There are some clinicians who are better than others. You can request to have certain ones. I don't like their web portal communication system. It's frequently down and can be a challenge to submit questions or read emails because they don't load properly. The billing department is awful and a source of much stress. This is one area that could be greatly approved. There's frequent miscommunication and over charges.
She provides information in a way that you understand. She'll review reports you send and take the time to research an issue that you identify on blogs or in the news. She'll call us on the evening, weekend or while on vacation to share news. You can tell she wants all her patients to have success. When I miscarried, she made a point of coming down to confirm by ultrasound and came in on her day off to do my D&C when I said I only wanted her. She's provided free meds to help me get through a cycle when she knew I was paying out-of-pocket. She's cried with me and held my hand through the bad times and celebrated the good with us. Although we haven't had success yet, I completely trust her judgment and expertise. I know she'll do whatever it takes to give us a chance for a family.
Let her in and listen with an open heart. She's not just a doctor, she's a confidant and eventually will be a friend. She's exactly the kind of person you'll need on this challenging journey.
She calls me or texts me when she knows I'm anxious about a treatment protocol or have a question. She listens and takes her time explaining the course of treatment she recommends. She hugs me every time she sees me and seems genuinely excited to be in my presence. She reviews all of my test results even on her day off or vacation. She's just the best.
After my first loss, we added Lovenox, prednisone and baby aspirin. When that didn't work, she scheduled another sono. Sure enough, a polyp appeared in my uterus between retrieval and transfer. I had a second hysterscopy to have it removed. When our second transfer ended in a mc, she advised us to have an ERA. It came back pre-receptive. We added another day, but the embryo failed to implant. She recommended a lap/hyst to check for endo. I had minor adhesions, which she removed and my uterus was clear. It turns out a stump appendix might be to blame for some of our fertility issues. We're preparing to transfer again and she's done everything she can, including repeat blood work, to ensure conditions are optimal.
Many are really kind and caring. They'll go the extra mile to help and ensure your questions are answered.
I've spent $30K of a lifetime cap and about $55K out-of-pocket.
Describe Emelia Bachman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
My husband support eSET and she does, too. However, at one point we considered transferring two untested embryos and she thoroughly explained the potential risks involved. We ultimately chose to test the embryos.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
We're supposed to receive 3-day embryo progress reports and once they failed to notify us. It was a Friday, so we were on edge all day worried. There have been times when I'd been waiting for test results and called to see if they've come in only to have to wait days to hear the result because someone failed to call me.
2015 - 2018, Successful
We [with Dr. Emelia Bachman] tried three rounds of Clomid with ovidrel. I do not ovulate on my own and clomid is the most frequently used drug to help mature eggs for ovulation. Each cycle I produced 1-2 mature eggs for ovulation. After three cycles we did not have luck and decided to try a different drug called letrezole. Clomid sometimes can kill sperm causing difficulty with conceiveing so letrezole is another option. My first cycle of letrezole I did mature and egg for ovulation. After this cycle I met my insurance quota of non invasive techniques so the next cycle we tried with one iui. I still took letrezole and this cycle I matured two eggs for ovulation.
I did have one cycle where they [Reproductive Associates of DE] mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.
She’s kind, patient, knowledgeable and caring. She knows what she is doing and is so empathetic with how her patients are feeling. I felt comfortable to cry, scream, be silent, you name it and she was there to be just what you needed her to be.
She is a hugger and super compassionate.
She always asks personal questions to remind you that she cares about your life. She never rushes you through appointments. She’s very soft spoken and leaves ample amount of time for you to vent or ask questions.
We tried three rounds of Clomid with ovidrel. I do not ovulate on my own and clomid is the most frequently used drug to help mature eggs for ovulation. Each cycle I produced 1-2 mature eggs for ovulation. After three cycles we did not have luck and decided to try a different drug called letrezole. Clomid sometimes can kill sperm causing difficulty with conceiveing so letrezole is another option. My first cycle of letrezole I did mature and egg for ovulation. After this cycle I met my insurance quota of non invasive techniques so the next cycle we tried with one iui. I still took letrezole and this cycle I matured two eggs for ovulation. The result was one healthy pregnancy. My daughter is now 2.
I did have one cycle where they mixed my bloodwork up with another patient. They called to report I was pregnant when that in fact was not the truth. They did rectify the situation by meeting with me and providing some financial assistance with treatment. I was assured the situation was handled and would never happen again.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Bachman explains your risks well. She is very realistic about your opportunity for success. She sometimes could use a little more practice with delivery or framing up information so it’s not as hurtful. She is very supportive and understanding. She sometimes seems rushed when talking and could slow herself down a bit. When we first met I struggled with her style but we have grown close through this journey. ... Be patient with her bedside manner because she is a good doctor.
Everyone in the office [RAD] seemed familiar with me and my situation. ... Monitoring appointments were quick mostly. Some days were slower than others although I arrived early in the morning. ... Some of the ladies that walk you back and take your BP are rude and inconsiderate. ... For the most part they are great but a couple that I don’t care to deal with on a regular basis ... I would have preferred to transfer two embryos but it was not the clinic’s practice. ... Nursing team was nice and helpful. ...
Be patient with her bedside manner because she is a good doctor.
Everyone in the office seemed familiar with me and my situation.
We used a medium dose and will use a slower dose for upcoming cycle. My body responded well to the treatment.
Nursing team was nice and helpful.
Some of the ladies that walk you back and take your BP are rude and inconsiderate. I had a couple of bad experiences with those ladies. For the most part they are great but a couple that I don’t care to deal with on a regular basis

2018, Consult
I have only been to one visit, I just started my sessions and so far I am comfortable [with Dr. Emelia Bachman]. We discussed the strategy and plans to get started and move forward. We talked about getting my A1C down and the risk of having diabetes...She is very kind and makes us feel comfortable
I’ve only been to one visit, the clinic [RADfertility] was very warm and welcoming. The nurses were kind and welcomed us as soon as we came in. There were refreshments, coffee and tea. It was a little warm for me but I’m normally hot...so far I am comfortable [with Dr. Emelia Bachman]. We discussed the strategy and plans to get started and move forward. We talked about getting my A1C down and the risk of having diabetes...She is very kind and makes us feel comfortable
I have only been to one visit, I just started my sessions and so far I am comfortable. We discussed the strategy and plans to get started and move forward. We talked about getting my A1C down and the risk of having diabetes.
She is very kind and makes us feel comfortable
I’ve only been to one visit, the clinic was very warm and welcoming. The nurses were kind and welcomed us as soon as we came in. There were refreshments, coffee and tea. It was a little warm for me but I’m normally hot.
Wilmington

Dr. Bachman always took the time to explain our results and our treatment options in terms that my husband and I would understand. She is a very compassionate physician who makes you feel comfortable about asking questions and voicing your concerns... She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up.
RAD has a great portal system to keep track of your appointments and communicate with the staff. I wish that results had been available on the portal, however. I dealt a lot with Stephanie, the genetic counselor, and she was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis and providing resources...I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us.
When seeing any fertility doctor, I recommend writing down questions before your appointment so you don't forget anything. Also, take notes during the appointment.
Dr. Bachman is such a warm and inviting person to speak to. She greets you with a hug and listens to your concerns empathetically. I received numerous calls from her after failed cycles to check in with how I was doing. I never felt rushed or like I was holding her up. The office staff also got to know my name and our story by the last few cycles we did there. We left this clinic due to a change in location.
I was fortunate to qualify for and participate in a clinical trial (Megaset) that provided us an IVF cycle with PGS testing with little cost to us. We jumped at this opportunity pretty quickly after our initial consult. At the time, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. During the cycle, I had 52 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized and 9 blastocysts. Of those 9, 3 came back PGS "normal". At this point after looking at these PGS results and doing a karyotype on my husband and I, I was diagnosed with a chromosome abnormality which causes infertility and recurrent miscarriages. We transferred our 3 embryos with 3 separate transfers and none took. We also did 2 Clomid IUIs with good responses which also did not work. At this point, we have moved and started treatment at a more convenient location.
The nursing staff was friendly and knew our story and my name by the end of our time with them.
Our monitoring, meds and retrieval and first transfer costs were mostly covered except about $1800. the two additional transfers were about $4000 each. I had IUI coverage through my insurance so just $25 copays a visit.
As a NICU RN, I agree with eSETs as I have seen the risks that multiple gestation pregnancies can carry.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Bachman] was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand...Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed.
Every visit I felt like a person. Every staff member would take the time and explain to you what was going to happen, why they were doing what they were doing, and would talk to you throughout the procedures and let you know how they were doing.I always felt comfortable and welcome, like they actually wanted help and actually cared. The facilities are top notch every time you walk in...Theresa was amazing at getting answer to questions; because sometime the information was overwhelming and I would think of questions after the fact. She was also very quick in getting anything I needed. Doctor's notes for work, prescription orders, any blood work.
She was very compassionate with me and took the time to let me cry out my frustration as she confirmed a diagnoses that had been thrown around by another Doctor years prior but then dismissed. She explained everything is basic terms instead of medical terminology making it all easy to understand.
Listen to her from start to finish, she cares, and has you health and best interest at heart.
Dr Bachmann took as much time with my husband and I as we felt that we needed. She answered all of our questions and even when she did not have the answer she would tell us that, then tell us what we could expect and when she could have the answer to the question that we asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keane)
My treatment cycle runs about $1700.00 per month with the 3rd month 1/2 price. Right now we have had to pause treatment so we could save up the money. My insurance covered diagnostics.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We [Dr. Emelia Bachman] started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps.
My two coordinators [at Reproductive Associates of DE] are always kind and promo with responding to me.... Strength- organized, everyone is kind, they work as a team to come up with a plan for each patient Weakness- it's a bigger practice so sometimes the wait times are longer... [monitoring appointments are] Pretty organized. I usually went first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait
Dr. Bachman is amazing and there for you every step of the way. Even though I have not had a baby yet and had a lot of set backs she has adjusted treatment accordingly. She is kind and compassionate and a patient advocate. She truly wants to see me succeed with a healthy pregnancy
dont be afraid to ask questions
She is the kindest doctor I've ever met, took time to explain everything, and genuinely cares
I am single and want to have a baby, I also have pcos. After the testing (labs, hsg, saline sono) We started with Clomid and moved to letrozole , then follistim with the intention of doing iui with donor sperm. My follicles never grew so we moved to ivf but did a mini stim cycle because she felt I would get a lot of eggs with my retrieval (which I did). This helped cut down the costs as well. In between all of this I have had 3 hysteroscopies to remove polyps. I've had 3 transfers (one fresh and two frozen) pgs testing was offered to me from the beginning but I chose not to do it then because I didn't have any risk factors. My first transfer ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My next transfer was unsuccessful. We the revisited the pgs testing and did that. Unfortunately my last transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. After that we did a recurrent loss workup with normal results. I am waiting on results from an endometrial receptivity aray. After that I will decide when to do my next transfer. I feel I need a little bit of a hormone free break and dr. Bachman is in full support of that. I have 5 embryos remaining and she remains hopeful that I will get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dori and Amy )
My two coordinators are always kind and promo with responding to me.
With all of the treatments I've spent around 20,000
Newark
Dr. Bachman is wonderful, friendly and helpful. She has the biggest heart I have ever seen with a DR. She was so sweet from day one and even after we had our baby. She is always so friendly and willing to answer any questions that you have or any give you advise. She made you feel relaxed and like you mattered to her. She was very nice whenever I reached out to her for help or support..... Dr Bachman is very nice and helpful. However, in the RAD office, you get an appointment and see whatever nurse, dr or tech that is there. You don't just see the Dr for your treatment start to finish.
They [RAD] are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.... When I called the nurse line for a UTI that I got, they never called back. I had to call them a second time a couple of days later and wait on the line for a nurse to answer. They also take a long time to give you the results of your blood test on whether your cycle took or not.
Be ready to feel the love and support of Dr. Bachman.
I took hormone shots for 8 weeks leading up to the transfer. Then I took them until the 2 weeks pregnancy test. After it was positive, I continued to take the medication until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
They were very nice. However, I did feel like they were just doing their job. There was no connection at all between you and them. You were just another chart that they looked at and a patient that they treated. The acted programed. This is your next step and send you out the door.
They are very known in the area. The weakness to me is that they are now so big they treat people like a number for the most part. The strengths are the results they have are good. They are also part of a large network if you need to choose donor eggs or donor sperm.
It cost me $28K for the cycle plus extra testing and services.
She would only transfer 1 embryo at a time.
Newark
[Dr. Emelia Bachman is] Very personable and there to listen...went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay... My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment...After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds.
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work...The staff is always punctual and there to listen. They explain everything and answer whatever questions you may have...Dr Bachman was very personable, there to listen, and went over every step of every process. She has a great bedside manor. After my last negative pregnancy test, she called me personally from her cell phone to make sure I was okay.
Very personable and there to listen
After having a hsg and soon, dr Bachman decided to go forth with surgery as we thought my tubes were blocked. We found out during surgery that I was actually missing the right side of my uterus and tube. We then stared on letrazole and ovidrel and came out with 4 negative rounds. Dr Bachman had us come in and discuss next steps. My husband and I have both felt completely in the loop with treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa Keene )
None. This clinic is always on time, friendly (they remember who you are), helpful, and have a lab right in house so you don't have to go anywhere for lab work
After insurance I pay 20% of all services
Newark
[Dr. Emelia Bachman has] Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member...Dr Bachman was very professional but compassionate. She listened to your concerns and answer all questions. She was available anytime to address your concerns or hold your hand as you walk thru the process of IVF...IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
Everyone [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional...Very professional and organize. They are very flexible with patient scheduling and response with any questions or concerns...Dr Bachman was very professional but compassionate. She listened to your concerns and answer all questions. She was available anytime to address your concerns or hold your hand as you walk thru the process of IVF...IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
You will be in great hands.
Great people skills, makes you feel like she is treating a family member.
IVF low medication due to my financial needs.
Everyone was always very friendly, welcoming, and professional.
To date $10,000
RAD mainly uses single embryo transfer to reduce multiple birth.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Bachman oringinally prescribed me clomid after I received the results of my initial testing which indicated I had Premature ovarian insufficiency. I purchased the drugs only to find out afterwards that i was a carrier for fragile X. Which I wished I had known prior to spending $400+ on drugs. ... Dr. Bachman is super compationate and great with patients. She provided me with support during my testing and diagnosis and is a great doctor if you are looking for someone to literally hold your hand through the hard parts.
I did not like that initially the members of the clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] led both myself and my sister to believe they would consider using her as our egg donor. They even allowed her to go through some testing and she was told by multiple people in the practice that they were considering it even though t wasn’t their general practice.
Dr. Bachman is great. Not the biggest fan of the practice she’s in though upon speaking with other former patients.
Dr. Bachman was a great person to speak with when I was diagnosed she was very personable and supportive when providing information, even hugged me and cried with me after delivering the news
Dr Bachman oringinally prescribed me clomid after I received the results of my initial testing which indicated I had Premature ovarian insufficiency. I purchased the drugs only to find out afterwards that i was a carrier for fragile X. Which I wished I had known prior to spending $400+ on drugs. Following the results of my genetic testing we were advised donor egg was our best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa)
Theresa was nice. Sometimes it seemed difficult to get ahold of her and that she was out of office a good deal of time when I was a patient there which meant if I contacted her via their portal I didn’t always hear back from someone right away.
I did not like that initially the members of the clinic led both myself and my sister to believe they would consider using her as our egg donor. They even allowed her to go through some testing and she was told by multiple people in the practice that they were considering it even though t wasn’t their general practice. My own doctor advised they were talking about it in a “round table” type setting. I was extremely upset by being given false hope. I would have preferred a simple “that’s not our practice, we’re sorry”.
We were given a price of $30,000 for 12 donor eggs and unlimited transfers until we delivered our first child.
I was informed during my first visit that the office only does single embryos transfers as they feel MET is irresponsible.
Newark
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.... They [Nursing Staff] were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.... The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork
She understood everything I asked. And she explained everything to me and how we could work out things with my cycles. And always kept up on my process. I always did bloodwork to keep up in my cycles. It took almost nine months to get pregnant since I had my miscarriage. When I first saw Emilie I just found out I was pregnant and she congratulated me and then a week and half later i had the miscarriage. She followed up with me a month later was there to talk to me. And I got all my testing done to see whata wrong and I found out I had pcos. And she prescribed me metformin for my.pcos took that for at least 7 months and then had a follow up appointment with bachman and discussed to up my prescription and then 2 months later i got pregnant.
She is a caring and awesome doctor.
She understood everything of what I had to say and she agreed with everything with me.
I got a lot of blood work testings done and they offered monitored iui but I couldn't afford so I just waited it out with all the bloodwork.
They were nice and asked a lot of questions they were there for you.
They care for the patients. They take their time to understand you and be there for you. They also keep up with you after you have a child and want updates. They don't have a lot if weaknesses. They are friendly and explain as much too you.
The cost was at least 2,000 with visits and bloodwork
Was handed the wrong blood paper and it had someone's else's name on it

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome...The moment my Husband and I met Dr. Bachman, we instantly felt comforted by her outgoing, positive attitude. Anytime I meet with her, she greets me with a big hug. She is extremely thorough when going over treatment options and my plan of care.
Whenever I have questions regarding medicine, appointments and such, I can message my patient coordinator Theresa Keene through the website portal. I do see several P.A.'s during my monitoring and IUI treatments. I can also contact the billing department via the website portal as well....Dr. Bachman is extremely welcoming and detailed in the information she has been providing, including drawing diagrams to explain the processes and procedures in detail. I am still going through treatment and hope for a good outcome.
Ask questions! Do not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. If something has been on your mind, if you are confused by what you are being told, simply ask. She is happy to help.
I started IUI treatments in Sept. 2015. August 2015 was spent getting lots of blood work and testing (Sono and HSG). The Dr. could find nothing wrong with myself or my Husband after the conclusion of testing. The Dr. felt that I should start with IUI treatments with artificial insemination. I used Clomid followed by OvidreI did this for 3 cycles. Upon my 4th cycle, a cyst had grown on my right side from the Clomid, so I was required to take a month off from treatment until the cyst disappeared. In January I chose to take one more month off. I started my 4th cycle in Feb. 2016 using Follistim injection 75 units per day, along with my Ovidrel. The 4th cycle failed and I am currently in my 5th cycle with Follistim. I actually just received the call from my Dr. office to take my ovidrel this evening, followed by two days of IUI.
My overall experience has been wonderful. I will say there were a couple of times my appointment was labeled incorrectly. I had a monitoring appointment recently but my form and the P.A. thought I was being seen for my baseline monitoring and blood work.
With my insurance, I have unlimited IUI treatments I can utilize. I only have one lifetime max of $15,000 for IVF. In 2015 I paid a $50 for most visits as well as payments when my coinsurance kicked in. For 2016, I had to meet my $750 deductible, no copay and pay the coinsurance.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Bachman was awesome! Her bedside manner is excellent. She reassured me when I wasn't feeling very optimistic. My questions were always answered in a pleasant way. If she said she would call you, SHE would call you! I felt so comfortable under her care....Dr Bachman performed an HSG to see if everything was in working order and no blockages. After 2 u successful IUI with clomid, She then did a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis. We moved to a low dose of injectable medication coupled with IUI which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr Bachman reassured me that we now know what works and could increase the dosage, whenever we were ready to try again. Even with experiencing this loss, we felt optimistic.
Strengths [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]: Looked and smelled Clean, good reading material, neat, music was pleasant, temperature nice, during this sensitive time you didn't see other kids/babies in the office (not that it was forbidden, but it could be a painful image for others) Weaknesses: open, no privacy, no mental health associates for patient's... Great communication, fast response, thorough explanations, step by step instructions, privacy respected, nive bedside manner... They allowed me to be billed and make payments during one cycle.
Go with your gut. If the physician doesn't feel like a good fit, choose another one. This is a huge decision and you want to feel like you are being taken care of. Dr Bachman is a very competent Reproductive Endocrinologist. She knows her stuff!!
The staff was always kind, always kept a positive attitude and remained sensitive about this journey. They remember you like an old friend, they give hugs and kind words.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa, Nikeya (Nicki) )
Strengths: Looked and smelled Clean, good reading material, neat, music was pleasant, temperature nice, during this sensitive time you didn't see other kids/babies in the office (not that it was forbidden, but it could be a painful image for others) Weaknesses: open, no privacy, no mental health associates for patient's
My employer doesn't offer fertility coverage so they offered a discount on procedures and surgical copays. My specialist co-pay was $40 each visit, so after 5 visits in one week it can add up. They allowed me to be billed and make payments during one cycle.
Newark
Emelia Bachman was very understanding from the very beginning even drawing pictures, so we understood what she was saying in doctor terms. I started with her and ended with her . Every minute with her was a great experience.... She made me feel as though she was in my shoes and understood how hard it is to go through life without kids. She was honest with me through the whole process. I was very comfortable with her.
The clinic [RAD-Newark] is nerve racking everyone going in there is worried about having a baby. Even the receptionist becomes a friend. Only weakness is sometimes there may be a wait. The rooms are comfortable and you will need to give blood seems like all the time. Rad has a lab right in the office.... I don't have anything bad to say about the nursing staff. Everyone of them were from mars they were happy everyday I was there. Once I received a positive pregnancy test they were just as happy as could be for me.
Get ready for the journey of your life. If anyone is on your side she is.
From the beginning I always needed IVF due to my husbands poor count. She explained in the beginning the time I would miss from work with appointment, the amount of medicine I would be taking, but in the end how it will all be worth it.
The clinic is nerve racking everyone going in there is worried about having a baby. Even the receptionist becomes a friend. Only weakness is sometimes there may be a wait. The rooms are comfortable and you will need to give blood seems like all the time. Rad has a lab right in the office.
It was around I think 28,000, but I think that was half way through. Out of pocket I only paid 3,500 with insurance

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Bachman and all of the staff at RAD knew my name, my story, about my personal life etc. When I was having a hard time emotionally, they always took the time to talk or hug or whatever I needed...Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too...
The only confusing thing about RAD is that if you go to their office near to the hospital, they actually have offices on two floors. One is the regular office for bloodwork etc. and the second is for egg retrieval and IVF. This isn't super clear if you go for the first time on a Saturday! The Wilmington office is smaller and I found it easier to navigate and less stressful...
Dr. Bachman was wonderful and warm. She was also thorough and knowledgeable. Before prescribing a treatment plan or making a diagnosis, she was very thorough in testing both my husband and I. This made me feel more confident that we'd know all of the issues in advance and not continue to run into stumbling blocks. She took the time to sit down and talk things through. When I was having a hard time, or frustrated, she would spend additional time to make sure that I was ok emotionally. When I felt like I might need a break, she was encouraging with that too.
Be honest about how you're feeling and ask questions.
I did a series of tests at first that led Dr. Bachman to believe that there might be a leak in one of my fallopian tubes. She performed a laproscopic surgery to assess whether or not it could be fixed or if needed to be removed. Luckily, the tube was a wonky shape causing it to look like it was leaking in the tests, but it did not require any additional work. Afterwards, she started me on letrozole and ovidrel. Letrozole because my family has a history of breast cancer and it has less of a side effect. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the letrozole after two cycles and we discontinued in favor of clomid. I did three cycles of clomid with ovidrel which was successful on the third round. I also had a progesterone supplement which i continued to use throughout my first trimester.
The nursing staff at RAD was great. I went to the smaller satellite office in Wilmington and the folks there were friendly and compassionate.
My insurance covered the majority of my treatments. I believe I had about a $25 charge with each standard bloodwork/monitoring appointment and about $50 for other more intensive appointments.