Emily Holden

Shrewsbury
655 Shrewsbury Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
732-758-6511
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Emily Holden to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Damien Fertility Partners to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
My first cycle was under the assumption I was unexplained infertility, but Dr. Holden did raise her concerns about endometriosis and my options. She allowed me to make the decision to hold off on the endometriosis surgery and go straight for IVF after the two failed IUIs. ... My doctor always completed my monitoring appts herself. ... Dr. Holden followed my request as I asked but reminded me of risks and told me she will be as aggressive as possible without putting me at risk. Whenever Dr. Holden gives me her opinion I hear in her voice she is giving me her true thoughts, I trust what she says and I go with her suggestions everytime.
The clinic [Damien Fertility Partners] is clean, warm, accomodating, and modern. I've never waited more than 15 minutes, but most commonly I'm only 5 minutes waiting. Everything is under one roof, so I don't need to go to a bunch of different places for lab work, procedures, ultrasounds, etc. ... On the rare occasion I couldn't make the [appt] window - they would accommodate me. My doctor always completed my monitoring appts herself.
2019 - 2020
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Emily Holden at Damien Fertility Partners?
Dr. Holden is VERY thorough. She goes over all options with you and gives you her suggestions and reasoning why. She also allows you to make the decision and showcases through her actions that she is in full support of whatever your decision might be. Dr. Holden always made me feel and made it clear that I am in full control of my cycle and how I want to get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Holden at Damien Fertility Partners?
Make sure you are honest with her on your wants and expectations - she will support you and try to make/exceed your expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Holden at Damien Fertility Partners?
She got to know me personally and always remembered me. Asked me how my dogs were, my house, etc. She always spent time with me to see if I had more questions, called me to check up on me, etc.
Describe the protocols Emily Holden used in your cycles at Damien Fertility Partners and their degree of success.
My first cycle was under the assumption I was unexplained infertility, but Dr. Holden did raise her concerns about endometriosis and my options. She allowed me to make the decision to hold off on the endometriosis surgery and go straight for IVF after the two failed IUIs. My original dosage was 150 Gonal - F, 1 menopure, 1 cetrotide daily. For my second IVF round, she knew what we were dealing with as I was diagnosed with endometriosis through having the surgery prior to this cycle. Her original dose to start was 200 Gonal-F, 1 Menopure, 1 Cetrotide. After a few days and some bloodwork - she increased the dose to 225 Gonal-F and left the rest the same. I did ask her if we can be aggressive in this cycle. Since COVID and not needing to travel like I normally do for work, this is the perfect time to be aggressive as I will be completely working from home. Dr. Holden followed my request as I asked but reminded me of risks and told me she will be as aggressive as possible without putting me at risk. Whenever Dr. Holden gives me her opinion I hear in her voice she is giving me her true thoughts, I trust what she says and I go with her suggestions everytime.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Damien Fertility Partners. (Assigned nurse: Micaela, Michelle, Claudia, Jennifer, Jamie, Liz, Kiersten, )
I love all these ladies! I've never had a bad encounter with any nurse or staff member at the office. They are always kind, compassionate, down to earth, I could keep going! They always remember my name who I am, ask me about work, etc. I feel at home at the office with the entire staff.
Describe your experience with Damien Fertility Partners.
The clinic is clean, warm, accomodating, and modern. I've never waited more than 15 minutes, but most commonly I'm only 5 minutes waiting. Everything is under one roof, so I don't need to go to a bunch of different places for lab work, procedures, ultrasounds, etc.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Damien Fertility Partners.
Never ruined my schedule and most of the time, they worked with me. On the rare occasion I couldn't make the window - they would accommodate me. My doctor always completed my monitoring appts herself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Holden at Damien Fertility Partners.
After I hit my deductible, I was covered - $1500. I sadly hit my OOP Max for medications, so that will no longer be covered, but the office is helpful in finding me the best discounts if needed for future cycles.
Describe Emily Holden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Damien Fertility Partners.
Given my age, my doctor prefers 1 egg. I asked about multiple eggs for the second round and she is open to it but wants to see the eggs retrieved before we both make the decision together.
Emily Holden
Damien Fertility Partners
Shrewsbury
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Emily Holden at Damien Fertility Partners.