5.6

St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

Dr. Jungheim was very friendly and explained everything to me in terms I could understand. She even drew pictures to explain various steps. Before meeting with her, she reviewed my file very thoroughly and didn't offer any procedure she didn't think I would need...She is very understanding and will answer any of your questions without reservation....A different doctor did my retrieval and transfer because they work as a team....
They (Wash U- CWE) were very understanding, great listeners, could compassionate, understanding, and informative. I never felt that I couldn't ask them something....The only weakness is the front desk staff. Although they are timely, they are just very cold. Once you get past the waiting area it becomes a great experience and everyone calms your nerves....It was efficient and I loved that they were first thing in the morning so I could still make it to work on time.
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Jungheim was very friendly and explained everything to me in terms I could understand. She even drew pictures to explain various steps. Before meeting with her, she reviewed my file very thoroughly and didn't offer any procedure she didn't think I would need considering I had been through so much before going to this specific clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Know that you work with all doctors and not with just the one you see the first time. A different doctor did my retrieval and transfer because they work as a team. She is very understanding and will answer any of your questions without reservation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
The doctors and nurses were always wonderful. The front desk staff was unfriendly and very unwelcoming. They never even greeted you with a "Good Morning" to ease your anxiety.
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on the long agonist protocol. I started Dec. 24 with my first shot and triggered Jan. 14. I started taking all 3 shots by Dec. 31 I believe. I felt bloated at times and had one headache, but overall I wasn't miserable. I am currently in the TWW so I don't have results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
They were very understanding, great listeners, could compassionate, understanding, and informative. I never felt that I couldn't ask them something. They even handled my one complaint with instructions for the POU shot well and were interested in what I found helpful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only weakness is the front desk staff. Although they are timely, they are just very cold. Once you get past the waiting area it becomes a great experience and everyone calms your nerves. The introduction session was amazing and very informative!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
$325 just for the initial appointment consultation. $130 for the trial embryo transfer.... Those are the only two bills I remember the amounts of.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
I felt rushed in this decision. We were thinking initially that it would be a single embryo, and when I went in for my egg retrieval and saw a different doctor, he said he was worried there is a cause other than my endometriosis and would recommend ICSI just to increase our chances of being successful this first round. At transfer and showed me two embryos and said the 3 wasn't looking good and probably wouldn't freeze. He said of the two was was a really good 7 cell and the other was a 6 cell but it appeared the cells were starting to merge so he wasn't as sure of it. Using the amendment logic he had with retrieval, and not wanting to live with regrets, we went with 2.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
One morning the front desk told me I didn't have an appointment when I knew I did. I waited for almost an hour before the realizes it somehow got placed under my maiden name... I've been married 5 years and never went to this clinic under my maiden name.
St. Louis - Central West End

Each time I met with her, she [Dr. Emily Junheim] talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.... We started with ultrasounds, HSG, and blood work. After that it was determined I wasn't ovulating consistently. (I had also previously had surgery to remove cyst, ovary, and Fallopian tube. I had also previously been diagnosed with endometriosis). We did 3 rounds of Letrozole and IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We are now in the process of beginning IVF.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.... You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
Again, I appreciate the time she took to explain treatments to me. She came to the appointments prepared. I also appreciated that she called me after my 3rd IUI (I wasn't even home yet) to touch base.
I would tell them to recognize that this is a practice and not a single doctor clinic. You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
Each time I met with her, she talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
I have just started communicating with her more with our upcoming IVF. She called and explained the entire process to me again, let me know what we needed to be done before we could begin, and gave suggestions on what could be helpful. They are very quick to return phone calls after I leave messages.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.
IUIs have ran around $500. The IVF quote including medicine is roughly $14,000
St. Louis - Central West End

She [Dr. Emily Jungheim] was kind, warm and respectfulWe used Letrozole and timed intercourse. I had two chemical pregnancies and miscarriages...She was knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She explained things thoroughly to make sure I understood well. She listened to me, heard my questions and concerns and took time to understand us well. She intentionally asked us what our goals and expectations were which relieved us right away.
There are a lot of patients that come in and out [at Washington University School of Medicine]. The front desk staff was slow to check people in and sometimes forgot but the medical assistants and nurses were very nice and very responsive. They quickly responsed to my questions and concerns...We used Letrozole and timed intercourse. I had two chemical pregnancies and miscarriages.
Know what you are willing to do to get what you want and have questions ready.
She was kind, warm and respectful
They were attentive and very responsive to my calls and emails
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There are a lot of patients that come in and out. The front desk staff was slow to check people in and sometimes forgot but the medical assistants and nurses were very nice and very responsive. They quickly responsed to my questions and concerns.
No concerns
Not applicable
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Forgot to call in a med once. It was quickly resolved.